Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Notice Rule #4 adjustment (Minimum age of characters in adult situations).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Revelations

He'll smite you with metaphor fists!
Staff member
Administrator
Attention Members of BMR!

Starting on January 1st, 2024, Rule 4 of the Site Rules will be changed to read that the minimum age of characters must now be 16 years old instead of 15. There will be a grace period of 2 months that allows members that have threads on the site to change their minimum ages to 16 in request threads and roleplay threads. After March 1st, 2024, any thread containing information or stating they will play characters under 16 will be disciplined.

Staff would also like to reassure members that this is the final time that the minimum age will be raised. We believe there should be a space for this kind of RP and BMR is a place where people can do that safely, under an administration that does not suffer predators lightly.

Edits will need to be made to active, ongoing RPs. Any RP or request threads that are no longer in use or active, will not be sanctioned. Likewise, it is assumed PM based RPs will be changing the ages of characters involved via retcons as only supporter members can edit their PMs after posting.

Anyone with questions/concerns can approach staff privately to make sure their voices are being heard.

Last edited:
I personally think it should have been that way anyway. Fifteen is too young, and even sixteen is still a bit young. But it’s a little better than fifteen for a character in an adult situation.

That being said, I am glad this rule is being changed.

This is terrible. I came here and have been a happy member here for over 2 years at this point, because of the freedom of writing. Not only does this go against that and align the site with the more authoritarian sites, it shows that even here, nothing is stable about the rules you come to admire and feel safe roleplaying with.

I don't recall ever doing a roleplay with characters under the age of 16, but that doesn't matter at all when it means I no longer have the option of doing a coming-of-age plot with two characters of that age who are somewhat romantically involved, as most people in reality are and do those kinds of things. I already left one site because of this type of rule (albeit theirs was a lot stricter), and this gives me the worst vibes possible.

I'm very tired of places both online and in reality tightening rules and stripping away freedom, especially when it comes to completely imaginary, fake, never-existed characters who cannot have their feelings hurt or lives destroyed, since they are literally words on a screen or ink on paper; the concept of age does not even apply to this, and anyone can interpret how a 1000-year-old "loli" looks. "Spirit of the rule" is a completely ridiculous concept, and I can't see myself sticking around here for much longer if this continues.

I've already been stripped of my freedom to write as high-school characters at all, even if 18 years old, which is why I left that particular site; this new BMR rule gives me the exact same vibes, and I don't appreciate it. At the end of the day, writing has zero bearing on reality, which is the entire point of writing. If reality is enforced, what's the point?

Huge L for every member here, even the ones who don't agree with under-16 sexual roleplays. I never though this site would disappoint me just like all the others.

The day this comes into effect, I will be dropping my Supporter status. The entire reason I became a supporter was for the freedom of writing this site provided, and the options it gave me; that's gone, now.

Question: does this include us having to go back and change the ages of years old posts even if we're several pages beyond it in on site RP post? Just want to make sure me and my partners check all our stuff if needed!!

I, for one, am indifferent about this rule change.

Cheers and support to the staff, however!

This is terrible. I came here and have been a happy member here for over 2 years at this point, because of the freedom of writing. Not only does this go against that and align the site with the more authoritarian sites, it shows that even here, nothing is stable about the rules you come to admire and feel safe roleplaying with.

I don't recall ever doing a roleplay with characters under the age of 16, but that doesn't matter at all when it means I no longer have the option of doing a coming-of-age plot with two characters of that age who are somewhat romantically involved, as most people in reality are and do those kinds of things. I already left one site because of this type of rule (albeit theirs was a lot stricter), and this gives me the worst vibes possible.

I'm very tired of places both online and in reality tightening rules and stripping away freedom, especially when it comes to completely imaginary, fake, never-existed characters who cannot have their feelings hurt or lives destroyed, since they are literally words on a screen or ink on paper; the concept of age does not even apply to this, and anyone can interpret how a 1000-year-old "loli" looks. "Spirit of the rule" is a completely ridiculous concept, and I can't see myself sticking around here for much longer if this continues.

I've already been stripped of my freedom to write as high-school characters at all, even if 18 years old, which is why I left that particular site; this new BMR rule gives me the exact same vibes, and I don't appreciate it. At the end of the day, writing has zero bearing on reality, which is the entire point of writing. If reality is enforced, what's the point?

Huge L for every member here, even the ones who don't agree with under-16 sexual roleplays. I never though this site would disappoint me just like all the others.

The day this comes into effect, I will be dropping my Supporter status. The entire reason I became a supporter was for the freedom of writing this site provided, and the options it gave me; that's gone, now.
This is a super dramatic reply.

I don't agree with the change but you can still engage in scenarios a 15 year old could with a 16 year old. It's fine. I don't really get the obsession with age of consent nowadays (boy that sounds wrong out of context) but this change is still within the realms of a more than acceptable compromise.

I personally think it should have been that way anyway. Fifteen is too young, and even sixteen is still a bit young. But it’s a little better than fifteen for a character in an adult situation.

That being said, I am glad this rule is being changed.
Sixteen puts them on the legal threshold of most US states and above the legal threshold of most european countries (as the majority of them are 14-16). Anything beyond that is meddling in other people's consensual and fantastical affairs imo. This is a fair enough compromise, especially on a site that itself is already 18+.

Question: does this include us having to go back and change the ages of years old posts even if we're several pages beyond it in on site RP post? Just want to make sure me and my partners check all our stuff if needed!!
For matters involving going back and having to deep dive into RPs, they would have to be changed as well given that there are no grandfather clauses. This is why there is a 2 month grace period so that any edits that may need to be made are able to be done with some leniency in regards to how soon it must be. Basically users will have until March first 2024 to change their request threads and RPs.

Edit: For further clarification, this is primarily a response about active RPs. We aren't going to be sanctioning users for years old RP's that are no longer in use/play.

While I agree with some of what you have said here I still think this is one of the best sites on the internet. I have been on sites that were far more restrictive on what you could do where you couldn't even play teenaged characters at all. If they even looked young you would get warnings from staff. I do not think BMR is anywhere near that point. Granted I never play characters under 17. It's personal preference on how young you want to play characters. But I do agree with staff on this. I do think 15 is still too young. There's not much difference between a 15 year old and a 16 year old in looks and personality. I play with a lot of teenage characters and I think if BMR became that restrictive I could see the issue. But really it's not. You're not going to find another site anywhere on the internet that allows even a 16 year old to be played. I absolutely support Staff on this and think it's the right move. No one is restricting anyone when it comes to writing. We are still allowed to write and play our stories with our partners.

If that means I take an L for supporting Staff then I guess I will wear that L with pride. Not everyone is going to be happy and that's okay. You can't please everyone. But I do think Staff has our best interests at heart and I actually have not seen a lot of threads asking for younger than 16/17. It's not the idea of characters getting hurt or destroyed. It's the idea of they're still in many ways kids. And a 1000 year old loli as you mentioned can look as young as 11 or 12 but still say they are "15". While most characters by the time they are 16 are looking more like young adults 15 is really that inbetween point where sometimes it's hard to tell if they are really that age. Thank you staff for all that you do! You guys are doing an amazing job.

For matters involving going back and having to deep dive into RPs, they would have to be changed as well given that there are no grandfather clauses. This is why there is a 2 month grace period so that any edits that may need to be made are able to be done with some leniency in regards to how soon it must be. Basically users will have until March first 2024 to change their request threads and RPs.
Humor me this please. FYI, I am indifferent , rarely involve myself anymore on the site stuff but I need to ask this.

I am a Day 1.. 2009 OG member ..by that very statement are you saying people who have been here for 10+ years need to go through a hunt just on the off chance they had a roleplay like that?

-Waves his cane-

Humor me this please. FYI, I am indifferent , rarely involve myself anymore on the site stuff but I need to ask this.

I am a Day 1.. 2009 OG member ..by that very statement are you saying people who have been here for 10+ years need to go through a hunt just on the off chance they had a roleplay like that?

-Waves his cane-
Please see my edit I made as you were making this post - that was a response meant more for active, in use RP's, not RP's that are no longer in usage or engaged with.

This is a super dramatic reply.

I don't agree with the change but you can still engage in scenarios a 15 year old could with a 16 year old. It's fine. I don't really get the obsession with age of consent nowadays (boy that sounds wrong out of context) but this change is still within the realms of a more than acceptable compromise.
It's far from dramatic. People just want to ban everything they don't like, even if they don't have to participate in it. And, again, reality has no bearing on writing and escapism, or what's the point of it? We can just go outside and see actual reality if that's what we accept.

I refuse to support anyone or anything reducing freedoms and imposing more pointless laws/rules.

Alright...that's more reasonable. This is why I was checking. Time to be a PM hermit for another couple years.

Back in my day..... wait where am I? 🤔

There there, grandpa. Let's go back to the PMs where it's nice and warm.

Alright...that's more reasonable. This is why I was checking. Time to be a PM hermit for another couple years.

Back in my day..... wait where am I? 🤔
.....I started rping on MSN messenger and Yahoo Chat rooms.....oh God.....yeah....where the hell are we?! :ROFLMAO:

Edit: For further clarification, this is primarily a response about active RPs. We aren't going to be sanctioning users for years old RP's that are no longer in use/play.
Thank you for the clarifications!! ❤️

It's far from dramatic. People just want to ban everything they don't like, even if they don't have to participate in it. And, again, reality has no bearing on writing and escapism, or what's the point of it? We can just go outside and see actual reality if that's what we accept.

I refuse to support anyone or anything reducing freedoms and imposing more pointless laws/rules.
I mean it is ultimately moralizing and ultimately "reducing freedoms" but you're making it sound like the mods are personally coming to your house and locking you in a tight cock cage and taking your phone on the way out.

This is overall a minor change, a compromise. If you wish to call it appeasement that's not technically wrong but it is a little overdramatic.
You can still do everything you were able to do before including high school scenarios.

Will there be free posting nudity and degenerate action there? With the oatmeal too as kindly offered?

Yall should seen when it got raised from Loli 13 age back then. Just FYI I'm not that old..I just joined the damn site at 18 🤣

I just feel old now in my 30s 😅

This was fun..enough spamming. I shall return when it's eventually 18+ ..5 ..10 yrs?

What brought all this on? I admittedly haven't been paying attention.
This is something staff has been considering in some capacity for some time, and this is the final adjustment to the age rule that will be pitched and considered. The main reason that I personally was most in support of it is because 16 is the lowest age of consent within the USA, where the website is based and hosted out of. I do firmly believe that there should be a place for people to be able to explore these coming-of-age stories in a safe environment, where things aren't cranked up to the extreme and predators are not welcome.​

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom