Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Road (midnite_run x Arkadin)

midnite_run

Super-Earth
The market is alive and buzzing, bodies bumping and fighting for even an inch of personal space. The air smells like roasted meat and sweat and perfumes and musks. One can barely hear their own voice over the peals of laughter from children or merchants hawking their wares -- each one claiming their product is just a little bit better than their competitor.

Margot tries to push through the crowd with as much strength as she can. Her face stands out in the crowd. Her skin is pale and freckled and her hair is an unruly nest of raven curls, partially hidden under her hood. A pair of wine-red eyes pierce through and a flash of her teeth reveals unnaturally sharp points. If she hadn't drawn attention with her facial features, she was sure to draw stares with her figure. She'd opted for a free-flowing version of her normal robes. The top was sleveeless and the opening loose -- exposing the sweaty cleavage of small but perky and pointed breasts. What she may have been lacking in her upper body, her lower body made up for in spades. From a surprisingly thin waist, her hips exploded out in a matronly swell. The sides of her pants had been cut to give her lower body air, exposing the plump and fat-padded curve of her hips. Thick thighs strained against the loose fabric. Her ass jutted out like two perfectly sculped halves of the moon, shaking lightly with each step.

Margot seemingly paid no mind to the stares -- choosing to wander through multiple stalls with child-like curiosity. She stops by a stall selling magical artifacts and curios. The stallowner moves over to her, quick to make a sell. "You strike me as a woman with a keen eye," The merchant says, his words dripping with flattery. "Do you have anything in particular you're looking for? Foci? Staffs? Enchanted amulets, perhaps?"

The sorcereress pays the merchant little mind. She can feel his gaze on her derriere even as he tries to chat her up. "Do you normally talk to your customer's ass or do I have something stuck there?" Margot replies back, barely hiding a grin. She picks up an amulet, rolling it between her fingers and examining the runes etched into worn ivory.

The merchant coughs nervously and looks away, preferring to ignore her question. "Ah, I see you've spotted one of my finer wares. That there is the Pearl of Therios. Said to contain a portion of the Essence of,-"

"Mendoza, First Healer of the Old Church of Madrassa. Yes, I'm familiar with his works," Margot replies dryly, cutting off the merchant. "Yet, I cannot find a trace of his Essence anywhere. This is but a charm. A very nice one, I'll give you."

Margot can feel the glare on the merchant's back as she stands straight and hands the amulet to him. "No interest in any of your wares, but if you could direct me to The Sweet Selkie, I would gladly not let everyone here know you sell shit." She grins again with a flash of sharp canines. The merchant shudders at the sight and directs her down the market road.

--

She swings the doors of The Sweet Selkie wide and is hit with a burst of humid air and alcohol and yelling. Barmaids dance in between bands of mercenaries -- their saucers piled high with plates of kabobs and rice and beer. Margot makes her way to the bartender and leans against the counter. "I am told this is the best place to hire a sellsword. Was I told rightly?"

The bartender eyes her while polishing a mug. "Aye, you were. Bad timing, though. Most were already contracted out. Busy time of the year. What work you lookin' for?"

"Need passage to and into the Selchain Ruins," Margot replies.

The bartender pauses. "You're fuckin' joking. Place is crawling with Abberants, even for a Ruin."

Margot shrugs. "Offering eighty odels. That's double the average rate in these lands."

"Fine. Oi! Lass here offerin eighty odels to go into the Selchain. Any takers?"

There is a pause as every sellsword looks to the bar before bursting into waves of racuous and incredulous laughter. The bartender turns back to Margot. "You can't be too surprised."

Margot sighs.

A figure watched from his place at a game of cards. He'd been watching his coin disappear bit by bit each round. He was almost certain the other Sellswords were cheating. The problem was, they were cheating at the game better than he was. Which meant he couldn't PROVE it. Maybe a different mercenary would have started a fist fight over this. Instead he was simply bemused, but stubbornly finding himself losing more and more money as the night went on. He looked at his hand as the other Sellswords upped the bet and then looked to him.
He tossed his hand on the table, giving up for that round.
"The Shattered Tower, The Dead Mage and The Gallows."
One said with a hiss.
"Unlucky hand, mate."
The figure remained quiet. Watching as a figure much softer entered the bar. Eyes moving over slowly.

As the laughter died down, a voice finally rang out. It was a deep, resonate voice. Warm, sweet but rough. Like honey over gravel.
"I'll do it."
The others at the table all looked to him with wide eyes. A bit of a hush fell on the bar as the figure slowly rose to its full height. At seven feet tall, the broad frame of muscles towered over every other mercenary in the place. Skin a deep emerald color, with black hair pulled into a tight ponytail. He reached down and picked up a sword the size of a man and tucked it over a shoulder. He moved purposefully toward the bar. Carefully skirting around tables and barmaids and ducking under hanging lanterns. The bartender blinked and looked up at him.
"Ya sure about that, Dor?"
Now that he was up closer Margot could see that this was an Orc. A BIG one. He wore a chestplate of armor with pauldrons and thigh guards, gauntlets and armguards over his hands, and a pair of greaves that protected his shins. His armor was well maintained and had once obviously been a masterful work. The traveling outfit he had on under his armor was well worn but had obviously been a decent coin to purchase.

As he stood in front of her he put a hand over his heart and gave a deep incline of his head. A proper, if slightly military, bow.
"My name is Salvador Ven Argent. If you'd like we can discuss the details of your journey further."
Salvador, or Dor as the bartender had called him, looked to the man behind the bar.
"May I use one of the business rooms?"
The bartender shrugged.
"Sure. Consider it a parting gift to a dead man."
"Charming as always"
Salvador said before leading Margot up the stairs to a small room with just a table. Sellswords often used these to discuss quests and missions with clientele when they needed to be more discreet. It never did well to scream your travel plans over a loud room. The noise of the bar returned to a chaotic roar as they disappeared up to the room. Dor pulled a chair out for Margot before he moved around to the other side of the table and sat down. The wood of the seat creaking loudly in protest against the weight of his massive build.

Margot was considering risking the delve alone when a single orc spoke up. A giant of a man strode forward. A broadsword that seemed more akin to a slab of iron beaten into the approximation of an edge rested on his back. The man moved surely and firmly and Margot had to crane her neck to look up at his face. Dark eyes looked down at her and she met his with her own. "You're certainly not skipping meals," Margot jokes, her hood hiding a wry grin. "Yes, let's please."

She follows Salvador up the stairs, unable to see up the stairs past the wide cliff of his back. The short walk was quiet as she studied the man -- attempting to gauge whether he could be trusted or not.

"Thank you," Margot replied politely at Salvador's politeness, planting herself down in the hair. In a more private setting, Margot felt comfortable pulling down her hood. She shook her head and let her messy curls free. With the hood off, her features were on display. Pale-skinned with sleepy blood-red eyes. A small and upturned nose with a gold ring through the septum. There was a small but noticeable scar at the corner of mouth -- as if it had been cut open. Large golden hoop earrings swung from her ears.

"So, if you don't mind me opening with a question," Margot says as she leans forward to put her elbows on the table. Her voice is surprisingly husky -- like that of a cabaret singer. There's a playful lilt and musicality to her tone -- the influence of a foreign accent. "Why are you accepting this job when all your other friends balked? Are you confident or stupid?" She fishes out a small pouch from her bag and opens it to reveal a dozen or so hand rolled cigarettes. She puts one to her mouth and raises her index finger. A spurt of blue flame blooms at it's tip and lights the cigarette.

(ooc: for context her accent is pretty much a french accent)

Sitting down and closer to a face-to-face level, Salvador took in the look of the woman he'd just agreed to accompany. She could see a large scar on the left side of his face. Going from his jaw to his cheek and stopping just below his eye. The golden orbs watched her carefully as he rested a hand on the table. He didn't react to the red eyes or anything else about her appearance. He motioned for her to continue when she mentioned a question. He leaned back comfortably in his chair as she leaned forward.
"Confidence and Stupidity are sadly not exclusive bed fellows."
His eye flashed down to the spurt of blue flame.
Magic. Well that improved the chances.

"If you want honesty, I've got a number of reasons."
He set the sword back and leaned it nearby him. Eyes cautious but steady.
"First. I lost more money on a game of Sigils than I was planning to. So I'll need a job sooner than I anticipated. Double the average rate sounded good. Second. Anyone looking to spend that much to go into a ruin that is KNOWN as bad news is either going in for a very GOOD reason or a very BAD reason. I despise passively letting life happen around me. So if you're there to do good I want to help. And if you're there to do bad, well I can at least warn folks."
A barmaid knocked on the door and he called her to enter.
"I'll have another cider. Soft, not hard. And whatever meal or drink the lady wants. On my tab."

Salvador waited until the barmaid left.
"Third. I like a challenge. Seeing all the others shirk from the job? Just makes me want to do it more."
His finger tapped softly on the wood of the table. Thick, calloused hands moving slowly in a soft rhythm.
"So let me ask you. Why do you want to go to a ruin full of Abberants? What's in Selchain that's worth so much to you? Do you have a plan?"

He strikes Margot as an incredibly forward man. He speaks plainly and honestly and it is not something she's used to. She is accustomed to lying and stealing to survive -- always expecting a knife pressed to the small of her back. It's refreshing to not have to search for a lie. "Oh, I think I might like you," Margot says with a laugh before taking a long drag of her cigarette. She blows out the smoke in languid rings. "A challenge you'll most definitely receieve."

The barmaid comes in to take orders and Margot feels her stomach grumble. She'd survived off cured meat and lukewarm water for the past few days. "I'll take a tankard of honeyed mead and some kabobs, if you don't mind."

She takes another drag and leans back in her seat, looking up at the ceiling. "There's a difference between a ruin and a Ruin, as I'm sure you know. Ruins are remnants of the Accia Empire. Highly advanced and sophisticated in the arcane arts. Their Ruins tend to be a hotspot of Essence. Unfortunately, that much concentrated Essence left out can occasionally....spoil in a way. Warps the surroundings and creates Aberrants," Margot explains. Though, she had remained largely impassive until now, one can sense enthusiasm creeping into her voice. "In those situations, it's best to simply avoid it and pray it's Essence stabilizes. However, I can......eat that Essence. Absorb it. Thus, settling it."

She pauses to make sure Salvador has been following along. "So, you see, it's all quite altruistic. This city gets to be free of a pesky little monster mill and I get a tasty meal of ancient power. See? Everyone wins." She grins, exposing a row of shark's teeth.

When she said that she thought she might like him, he actually smirked. It made the tusks on his lower jaw peek past his lips. Sharp points a reminder of the kind of creature he was. When she blew a ring of smoke he almost looked impressed at how easy she made it look. The barmaid hurried off to get their orders. Dor listened carefully to her words as she stared up at the ceiling. Lecturing him on ruins and Ruins. He noted the raise in her enthusiasm. He didn't know many mages. The few he did know didn't talk about eating ancient powers. He tilted his head at her shark fangs. He looked...
impressed.

No fear on his face at her more animalistic points. He regarded it with what appeared to be a mix of curiosity and... something else.
He rested an elbow on the table and rested his chin on it.
"And this would fully remove the problem, correct? I'd heard that certain Accian Ruins had wells of essence that were tapped into natural ley lines of the world. I'd hope you wouldn't leave a poisoned spring running after you left."

He paused as the Barmaid returned with the food and drink. He took his large tankard of cider with an appreciative nod. Then the door was closed again. As he took a sip.
"So it's 80 odels to protect you from monsters, help you through whatever kind of traps or shaky architecture is in the Ruins, and make sure nothing hurts you while you enjoy your snack."
He rested the tankard onto the table and stared at her.
"Will this be the only goal of the mission? Accian charms and relics can be expensive or useful in their own right and Selchain's deeper parts aren't too well mapped out. Do you want to risk looting it or is the Essence Concentration your true and only goal and so nothing else should distract from it?"
Ah. So he wasn't entirely uneducated.
It was interesting though. The way he said that seemed to say that if she told him to ignore all relics and Accian Artifacts he would. A Sellsword entirely forgoing loot for his contract?
Practically unheard of.
Yet here he was. He wasn't even asking her if he could loot them himself. He was simply confirming the mission objectives in a calm and organized way.

Margot peers at Salvador. He was sharper than she assumed. She expected a dull sellsword, worth little more than a meatshield. Instead, he had the air of a seasoned veteran and professional. "Yes, I'm also interested in whatever artifacts we can return with, but the Essence is is top priority." She can feel a fell hunger -- one more spiritual than physical -- gnaw at the base of her skull. It would be need to be sated sooner rather than later.

Their food and drink arrives and Margot wastes no time. In contrast to her seemingly sophisticated appearance, Margot ate like a man thrice her sizes. She bit into roast lamb and juices ran down her hand -- which she lapped up with no lack of decorum. "But, yes, that is the full details of the job," Margot replies in between bites of roast onion. "If you find the work not worth the pay, I understand and we can part ways here. I do hope you choose the job, however. I make great company." The sorceress smiles coyly.

Salvador crossed his arms as he considered the priorities of the mission. When Margot began eating, his eyebrows raised up. Surprise, but he didn't seem to have any negative reactions to her ravenous appetite. When she lapped at the juice running down her hand he finally broke eye contact for one second to look to the side. Had his ears gotten a slightly darker shade of green? When she spoke about the job he glanced back to her.
".......I've no doubt in my mind your company is fantastic. I'll come along... however! After you've gotten your essence I'd like to split whatever relics we can make off with. I won't even ask for a 50/50. 70-30 will do. I just want one or two. If I can't find one I think would be useful, I'll gladly take a useless one as a trophy. Just so the next time I come back here I can rub it in the others' faces."

He gave a soft shrug.
"I'm surprisingly petty sometimes, I know."
Salvador took another long drink of the cider. Before his gaze fell on her. For a long time those golden eyes seemed to look her up and down a little before snapping back up to her red eyes.
"...Have you procured provisions for the trip to the ruins? Will we be traveling by foot, horse or cart? Do you have a route planned?"
The sellsword reached a large hand up to his shoulder and started to rub at it a little. Then he craned his head to the side and his neck gave a soft pop noise. He let out a low grunt and a
"nmmmrrr..."
a noise somewhere between growl and moan as he worked whatever kink in his neck had been bothering him.

"Will combat be exclusively my duty? You seem rather versed in magic so I didn't know if you'd be participating in the fights or not."

He has a modesty that she finds endearing, if a little unbecoming. A man of his prodigious size and strength could easily strong arm his way into whatever he wants. Out of all the sellswords she could've randomly picked up, she found the one with a heart of gold. "No, stop that. It will be a fifty-split and I will not hear otherwise," Margot interjects, raising a hand to stop him while the other held a still dripping kabob. "You are risking your life and you deserve to reap the full benefits."

She continues to lick her fingers clean and notices the orc's blushing countenance. A childish glee takes her. She makes a small show of it, exposing the unnatural length of her tongue as it snakes in between the crevice of her own fingers. She is aware of the effect she can have on those more carnally inclined and takes no small amount of joy in seeing what reactions she get outo of them.

"Oh my, you are one with detals," Margot jokes to hide her embarassment at having not planned out any of those things. She'd only ventured into ruins much smaller on her own -- the Selchain would be her first legitimate challenge. Thus, why she decided to hire a companion instead. "Well, no. I ate all my rations on the journey here and I hitched a ride from a cavaran."

Margot shuffles through coin purse, frowning at how light it felt. "I think I have enough to rent each of us a horse and decent rations. If you know of a decent and reputable place to acquire either of those, I would be opem ears."

She pushes her plate to the side and gulps down a third of the honeyed mead. "No, I will also be an active participant. I'm certainly not as martially gifted as yourself, but I can cause more than my fair share of chaos. We will be partners in both pay and conflict."

Salvador blinked as she immediately shot down his offer and demanded an even split. Half and half. When she mentioned he would be risking his life he gave a nod that he would not fight her on that. He wondered for a second if he'd gotten too used to bartering with his life. He just had to be reminded that it WAS a pretty high value item, after all. The self introspection faltered the second she began her show however. He was trying to be professional. But watching that long tongue snake and writhe around he found his thoughts immediately focused on pleasure instead of business. To his credit, he managed to not stare TOO intently. But his neck tensed as he very visibly gulped down the lump in his throat as his body began to warm and heat at the thoughts. Luckily. He'd managed to ask her more about the job. As she mentioned his attention to details he gave a soft shrug.
"I'm sharper than I look."

He considered that inquiry about reputable places as she also mentioned that she would be an active participant. And called him a partner in pay and conflict.
"....It'll be a pleasure working with you then, partner."
The orc smiled softly, tusks on display. He guided the conversation back to an earlier topic.
"I know a pretty reputable and inexpensive stable. We could save some money. As part of a bodyguarding job I finished for a merchant recently I was given a spare wagon to sell. I hadn't gotten around to pawning it off yet, though. Nothing quite like the traveling house-carts of certain nomads, but it can help us transport ourselves and our spoils for the cost of one horse. It wouldn't add much to our travel time and we can offset that time with additional rations and gear that will be much cheaper than renting a second steed. I'm also rather skilled in foraging and fishing. There are several streams and rivers that head to the Selchaim without crossing over into the tainted areas. So we won't have to worry about fishing up any Abberants on the way up. Use of my foraging services are extra though~"

He gave a cocky little smirk as he added that last little bit to the pitch.

Partner. She likes the ring of it. She'd walked alone for all her thirty years. TGo have a partner gave her a warmth in her chest she'd never felt. It's her turn to blush a little bit as she coughs into her fist. "Yes, well, good to work with you as well, partner," Margot mumurs hiding a smile behind her hand.

The sellsword is prepared and Margot is inwardly thankful. She was terrible at riding horses. Not as much as a lack of skill, but that most intelligent animals seemed to fear her on an instinctive level. They became cagey and easily irritated as in the presence of something unnatural. Thus, why she relied on hitchhiking to get around. "A carriage would be beautiful, my dear. I can get some nice pillows and lounge around as I deserve. How much is it for you to feed me grapes as well?" Margot jokes as she finishes the rest of her mead. She was a naturally flirty and playful person with most people she interacted with, but something about Salvador made her feel at ease -- as if she could drop her coy facade and be genuine.

"Oh, now you want to drive a hard bargain?" Margot leans forward, her chin in her hands. "Fine, but under the condition that you teach me how to fish. Aaaaand, while you're shirtless."

The sorceress stands up from her seat and wonders what time it is. "Well, show me around the town, yes? I suppose I could leave supplies to you and get some shut-eye, but....," Margot pauses, looking Salvador in the eye. "I think I enjoy your company. And I don't say that alot."

When she mentioned lounging about as she deserved he gave a snort and a soft chuckle.
"Of course, your majesty. Grape feeding while driving a wagon will be difficult but I think with some proper positioning I can manage it. I charge 4 Odels a grape feeding session and you have to provide your own grapes. "
There was an obvious tone of sarcasm to his voice but it was playful right back to her. Then he decided to maybe try and bargain for a bit more. After all. It couldn't hurt. But it turned out he had lobbied his deal at someone who knew how to pitch it back to him.
The orc was about to open his mouth that he'd be fine with teaching her to fish.
And then she brought up the caveat that he would need to be shirtless.
His mouth stayed open, jaw hanging a little as his mind scrambled like a rabbit to catch up. He closed his mouth eventually, wiggling his jaw and lips as if in thought.
"....Easier to clean off in case I fall into the water anyway. Shirtless sounds doable."
He said, quirking a small smirk.

From his seat he looked her back in the eyes. At her genuine mention of enjoying his company there's a small moment where his cheeks flushed a little and he bit his lower lip.
"....I hope I remain good company then. We could probably get a few supplies but I think we could maybe only visit one or two shops before most of them close. It's getting to the Night Market hours. They stop selling traveling gear and start hawking all the booze, food and music around then. Easy to stay the night, hard to leave. Good marketing strategy honestly."
Salvador rose to his full height and slowly offered the witch his arm. Before he led her out into the town. Away from the Sweet Selkie. It was much easier moving through the marketplace with Salvador next to her. Bodies moved out of the way when he walked. He moved a bit of a ways from the hustle and bustle the main market and came to a small stable with a sign reading "The Stately Mare". He had to duck his head down to enter the door. Inside was an old man. Obviously one who'd spent hard days in the sun and soil. But keen eyed. Theman behind the counter looked at Salvador.
"Mr. Ven Argent! I'm afraid that nothing has really changed in the last couple of days. No horses that fit your size with war training have come in-"
"That's alright Kasper. I'm actually here for a different type. I need a cart horse. Something that can transport me, some supplies and my partner here."

The old man looked Margot up and down and nodded a little.
"Well there's Daisy. She's a bit older but she's loyal and doesn't have a skittish bone in her body. If you're going to somewhere dangerous she'll probably stick around instead of run off. She used to work a farm by a wizard tower, so she's not offput by magic neither."

She watches Sal's reaction to her raunchy jokes and giggles at his brief slackajwed response. He was so easy to tease that she couldn't help but try to get a rise out of him -- inappropriate as it may be. She finds herself slackjawed when the orc offers an arm for her to loop around her own. She peers at him for a brief second -- as if searching for a punch line but only finding a warm earnestness. She blushes and wraps her arm around his as they walk out of the bar.

In this position, Margot becomes acutely aware of the stark difference in physiques -- not just in height. While Margot acknowledges she is not the most physically gifted, she still hadn't experience such a difference in size until now. He towers over her enough to block out sunlight. With her arm against his, she can appreciate the bulk of it. The way muscle throbs just under the skin with latent power. The size of his hands -- big enough to hold both of hers with a single hand. Her minds wanders -- to thoughts of riding on his shoulders or carried in his arms. To be able to lay the entirety of her body on the bulk of his own. It brings a flushed red to her cheeks and she has to distract herself with the scenery to avoid being too obvious.

They arrive at the Stately Mare and Margot lets Salvador do all the talking while she tries to avoid getting too close to any of the animals.

"Oh, I don't know if that's the best idea, dear," Margot replies with an edge of apprehension in her tone as she approaches Daisy. It eyes her and Margot flinches, expecting the reaction they usually give her. Instead, she does nothing but snort and stare past Marot. The mage reaches a single hand forward and places it on Daisy's head. It eyes her with suspicion and seems briefly restless before settling down. A look of wonder overtakes Margot -- it's the first time an animal has not recoiled from her. She becomes overtaken with a child-like joy at petting the horse.

It was a funny pairing to be certain. Him so unused to open flirtation that the slightest bit of raunchy banter made his ears warmup and his cheeks burn a little. Which didn't help his own inappropriate thoughts from racing through his brain like fire in his veins. The way the Witch's lips and tongue worked and her soft, curvy body moved. And yet in response any of his kind, warm and chivalrous actions seemed to make her own mind race. What a pair indeed.

Within the stable, Salvador glances over and sees the moment Margot was having. Softly running her hand across the horse's head. A reaction she obviously wasn't used to in creatures. He gives a soft little smile and looks back to Kasper.
"Daisy will do just fine. Have her ready to be picked up in the morning. We'll need bridling for a covered cart."
He talked out some of the business with Kasper some. He moved surprisingly quiet as he moved up just behind Margot. His large hand gently gripped her wrist softly. He spoke in that calm, deep purr of a voice. Having leaned down a little it was right in her ear.
"Apologies for interrupting like this but Horses can be skittish to sudden movements so I wanted to make sure I didn't startle either of you too much. Horses, despite their size are still prey animals. Petting the head and snout too much can make them start to feel uneasy."
He guided her hand upward to where the horse had lowered her head. Guiding her fingers to the mane just behind the ears.

"They appreciate some scritches and petting here where they can't reach though."
He guided her hand to the base of the neck where the shoulders began and guided Margot in petting there as well.
"And right here as well."
There was a visible level of further relaxation from the mare as it felt Margot's hands in those spots. Salvador marveled at how the witch fit so neatly against his body. Her head so easy to tuck right under his chest. The soft curve of her against the careful muscle of him.
"I'll show you how to brush her as we travel too. She'll start to like you even more if you take care of her."

Margot doesn't hear Salvador until she feels the firm heat of his body against hers. The gentle rumble and purr of his voice against her ear -- the rich bass of his voice sent a shiver down her spine. She couldn't help but lean into him as he guided her hand. It dwarfs her own. She can feel callouses built from gripping the hafts of heavy blades. Yet, there's a gentleness she didn't think possible. The other rests on her waist and she notices how easily it can encircle an entire side. A hungrier part of her brain imagines those hands gripping her waist as he fucks her from behind.

She lets him guide her hand to Daisy's ears. The horse seemed almost appreciative and Margot feels glee jump in her heart. "I see even you can appreciate my beauty and aura, hm?" Margot jokes as she scratches behind Daisy's ear. It pays her a fraction of mind from the corner of it's eye before snorting. "See? You could do well to take after her, Salvador."

The sellsword offers to teach her how to care for Daisy and Margot nods appreciatively. "Suppose it's the least I could for her services. You are gentle with animals, dear," Margot observes as she looks up at him. She can only lean back and look up into his eyes, this close to him. "I'm beginning to suspect all that bulk and armor is for show and you're positively sweet under all of it.

An instinct takes her and she reaches up to run a hand across his chin before pulling away regretfully. She dusts off her robes and gives Daisy a final skritch before turning to Salvador. "So? As much as I'd love to get right to business, I walked a good distance and my feet are killing me and I have smelt better. Do you mind if retire fot the night and make for the Selchain in the morning? Perhaps you can even treat me to a drink."

The way she leaned into him made his body ache for more. For a brief second he wished there was less fabric between them. But he quickly pushed that thought back and away. His hand on her waist tightened it's grip just a little as he reigned his thoughts back under control. When she mentioned that he should take after the horse he chuckled softly.
"I am always appreciating your beauty and aura. I'm just more professional about it than Daisy."

He gave a soft hum at her comment about his softness with animals.
"It's mostly horses. I was trained to ride and care for them at s young age."
He looks down to her as she looked up to him, leaned up against his body. He gave a low thoughtful hrrrmm.
"I can't claim that it's ALL sweet."

She ran her hand across his chin and he let out a soft breath at the touch. His eyes closing as he pressed into the caress. His chin was rough with a little stubble.
As she slid away from his body, his grip on her waist was reluctant to release her. But he did. Salvador looked at Margot and gave a nod at her plan to retire for the evening.
"It sounds like a plan to me. The journey will not be a completely easy one. I gave Kasper the order to have Daisy ready for us in the morning.:

He tilted his head and gave a playful smirk.
"Well my lady if you are so tired perhaps I should carry you back to the inn? And I would be honored to get you a drink."

"Do not be afraid to be less professional about it," Margot replies with a twirl of her hair. "I am a flower that needs compliments instead of water, lest I shrivel up and fade into the next life."

Margot looks at Salvador thoughtfully after he exposes but a slice of his history. She never had much plans of learning anything about the sellsword she planned to hire -- she figured she wouldn't be fond enough to care about them. Yet, this one had charmed her. Salvador being exactly her type physically definitely influenced this, but she also warmed up to his straightforward and earnest demeanor. "Cannot imagine what you were like as a young one. I assume you came out the womb strong as an ox," Margot replied with a snort.

Her eyes light up at Salvador's offer. She suddenly and dramatically acts as if a sudden dizzy spell has taken. "Oh, by the gods, this heat! I find myself at the edge of keeling over," Margot pronounces with all the exaggerated drama of an amateur thespian. "If only there was a sellsword of hardy body and constitution who could lift my dainty frame and sweep me away to rest." She places the palm of her hand over face, as if to shield herself from the sun. She opens up a small window between her fingers and looks at Salvador, suppressing a childish grin.

Salvador smirked as she twirled her hair and mentioning needing compliments like a flower needed water. He tilted his head a little as she mentioned him being young.
"I'm unsure of that. I am inclined to believe you though. I've always been the biggest and strongest in my house. Even before I started exercising~"
There was a small, wistful sort of look. He blinked as her eyes lit up at his offer to carry her. Suddenly swooning dramatically. His hand pressed to the small of her back to steady her as she pretended to be overtaken by the heat. He squinted at her, a smile playing over his lips. Pretending to be suspicious but he couldn't hold back the little grin spreading over his face.

What he figured she DIDN'T count on was him being a man of his word.

With one arm around her waist he lifted her up. Muscles finally tensing, all that power she could sense suddenly coming out in full force. Throwing her over his shoulder unceremoniously like a sack of potatoes. A position that gave her a nice view of his backside. However it also gave HIM a pretty good view of hers. He glanced over at her round, thick bottom.
"Dainty. Right~. Well~ See ya tomorrow Kasper~"
And with that he walked out of the stable with her over his shoulder like a parcel. His steps entirely unhindered by the addition of her body to his. He took a few steps before he stopped, grabbed her waist in both hands and lifted her again. This time carrying her princess style.

"As much fun as carrying you like a satchel of flour would be. I do have to take you throught he marketplace to get you back to the Selkie. So I should carry you like a proper lady~"
One hand moved to put her robe down. Cupping her body at her knees and thighs, the other holding her up by her back and shoulders. Those large hands gripping her solidly. As he moved she felt solidly in place. He wouldn't let her slip even an inch it seemed.

Margot let out an uncharacteristic yelp as she's suddenly airborne and lands onto Salvador's shoulder with a quiet thud -- done with all the ease of lifting a half bag of rice. It takes a moment before her senses comes to her and she realizes what happened. She's both impressed at his strength and the boldness of his actions. "Do you sling all of your women over shoulder like this?" Margot pouts, flicking the side of his head playfully. From here, she has a view of his sculped back and toned ass and she hums appreciatively.

She hears the "dainty" comment and she flicks him harder this time. "I am dainty! I just happen to carry a little extra around the hips, thank you very much," Margot replies curtly, half feigning indignance. She notices his gaze on her bottom and she wiggles her hips ever so slightly. "Based on your appreciative staring, I'll assume you don't have much of a problem with it."

With another yelp, she moves into his arms and close to his chest. She could rest her head at his chest and feel his heartbeat thudding rhythmically. This close, it's an intimacy she isn't used to. She's used to drunkenly stumbling to a bedroom with a man she barely knew and would leave first thing in the morning. There was no care or intimacy -- just an expulsion of animal desires. She didn't mind that per se -- only that such care was foreign to her and had an effect on her that she had not foreseen. A blush takes her pale skin and she wriggles in Salvador's grip -- half restless and half attempting to get comfortable and enjoy the strong hands squeezing her soft thighs.

"You better treat a 'proper lady' to a nice dinner, then," Margot jokes, looking away to hide her blushing.

"Of course not. you're a special case, partner~"
He tilted his head as she flicked it as if she'd managed to make his entire head rock with the flick. He actually winces at the second flick though. Okay THAT one was one him. He tried not to notice the wiggle of her hips. Which was difficult considering that her hips were directly in his peripheral vision. His cheeks managed to flush a little but he managed a response this time.
"No problem at all. Although I don't usually go for the 'dainty' builds."

He'd made her yelp twice now. But he managed to hold her close to his body with ease. His heart hammered loudly. Steady, though a bit elevated. He glanced down at her flushed face but didn't comment on it. As he carried her he gave a soft little chuckle.
"I suppose I can cover dinner AND a drink. After all I did toss you around like a haybale."
The hand on her back and shoulders softly traced its thumb over her shoulder as he walked. The intimacy of the carrying and holding and the heated, hungrier needs were both rare wines to him. Not many in his hometown had really given him the time of day. Respect, for sure. Though he figured his adoptive parents had more to do with that than anything. He hadn't had a place there though. After he'd started traveling there had been lovers. No one who stayed long. Some who had just robbed him and left him without pants the next morning.

This was nice. This, he enjoyed. He didn't often feel comfortable to banter and tease like this. It felt....right?
But he pulled himself back. He'd just met this witch. He'd see if she ran off with what little money he had left in the morning.
Coming back to the Sweet Selkie he finally set her down. With the passage of time some of the sell swords had left the tavern area for homes or rooms. He ordered them drinks and food as he headed back to a table with some privacy and pulled a chair out for her.
"Did you get a room here yet, by the way?"

She could feel herself melting into his embrace, becoming more relaxed with each step. She allowed herself to rest her head against his chest and listen to his heartbeat. She focused on the fingers massing the small of her shoulder -- still amazed by the dexterity and restraint shown by hands that could probably snap bone with ease.

They walked through the market and Margot could feel eyes on the both of them. Some men whistled appreciately -- obviously feeling a bit of envy. It made Margot feel weirdly proud of herself and a fit of minor possessiveness, she curled up closer to Salvador, sticking her tongue out at passerby.

When they arrive back at The Sweet Selkie, Margot can already feel her stomach rumbling. The bar is mostly empty by this point -- save for drunk stragglers passed out on their table and half-heartedly flirting with barmaids with only a few minutes left until they go home. They're lucky enough to get last call in the kitchen. They bring in a plate for skirt steak with a heaping side of rice and spicy potatoes. Margot goes to work -- eating again like she hadn't just eaten a few hours ago.

"Hm?" Margot responds to Salvador's question, her cheeks puffed full with rice and potatoes. She chews hastily before gulping it down. "Oh, fuck me. No, I forgot to factor in room and board. I suppose you wouldn't be willing to put up with a guest in your room? I assure you, I snore rather lightly." The witch puts on the best wounded puppy face she can, putting her pouty lips to work.

Salvador didn't respond to the whistles and stares. He seemed more than happy and proud to be carrying her through the market so easily. As she curled closer to him another little growl-like purr rumbled in his chest. His fingers caressing her shoulder a bit more. Back at the inn, Salvador joined her in eating heartily. It at least seemed less impressive considering his size. He looked like he could drink an entire cask of ale by himself with one hand. His table manners were rather excellent though. He wasn't neat and tidy per say but he was rather well behaved for a sellsword. He enjoyed the empty bar and its quiet. Enjoying the low glow of the fire in the hearth. Kept strong, but not as roaring as earlier in the night. When she answered his question and gave him the puppy eyes he tilted his head a bit.

He blinked a few times as if trying to decide what to do with her. But she was surprisingly good at using those pouty lips. Well. He was going to offer anyway. But he smirked and gave a low, obviously fake sigh of exasperation and rolled his eyes dramatically.
"What am I going to do with you?"
He rested his chin on his hand, the table creaking a little under his weight.
"I wasn't going to fit in the bed anyway. I suppose this will just save us more money."
He finished his part of the meal and the drink.
"I'll head up first and get things ready. It's room number 5."

He rose slowly to his full height and inclined his head in a small, polite bow to a lady still at the table. Then headed to the room. He closed the door and took a slow breath. Focusing himself a bit. He took off what small parts of armor he'd been wearing around town and changed into a large white peasant's shirt and sleeping breeches. A bit more of his chest exposed now that he wasn't as dressed up. He unrolled his bedroll and blankets from his back pack and set them out to a sleeping space in the corner. He took a brief account of his belongings. Sword, pack, traveling gear. Armor. He softly reached up to a necklace where a small brass signet ring hung. Running his thumb over it. He'd need to write home next time he was at a major city.

"I am forever astonished at your generosity, Sir Salvador," Margot said with a clap of her hands, grin wide and appreciative. "How you have not been knighted is beyond me."

She nodded as Salvador made his way up to the room, returning the polite nod. She finished the rest of her meal and downed her mead before heading upstairs, feeling satisfied and full. The door was cracked ever so slightly and thru the small sliver, she watched Salvador. Watched him arrange his armor and tools in neat rows -- with that same measured and gentle pace. She wondered if he was like this on the battlefield as well.

Then, he reached for a small ring. He held it with tenderness. It was important to him -- she could tell that much. Her mind raced and wondered what it meant or who it belonged to. Was it from family? A lover, perhaps? Watching him in this moment felt almost profane, so she cleared her throat and stepped into the room.

"Sorry if I'm interrupting anything," Margot says sheepishly as she steps into the room and puts her bags down at the edge of the bed. She rummages around and pulls out her night clothes.

"No peeking," Margot teases as she dives behind a ratty partition and changes hastily. She steps out from behind the partition as she pulls back her hair into a loose bun and ties it with a bow. Margot has rarely slept with another person that she wasn't planning on top of her until she passed out. So, the concept of whether her nightclothes had anything like modesty hadn't occurred to her until right now. The witch opted for a black negligee that stopped just above her thighs and lacy black panties.

An anxiety began to strike Margot and she quickly turned away from Salvador. Not just out of modesty, but because of the small bulge that could barely be seen between her legs. It was easy to show to strangers who would be too drunk to care or remember. Salvador was different. She cared about what the warrior thought about her and the fear that he would see her as some kind of freak struck her cold.

"Sorry about the outfit. Not used to sleeping with strangers," She continues to face the wall -- completely oblivious to the fact that hiding her front left her backside completely visible and on display.

At her comment about him being knighted, he simply gave a shrug. His lips pressed together. Then she finished and came up to the room.
When she cleared her throat, Margot seemed to undo whatever trance of memory Salvador had been under. His head raised and he turned to look to her. He shook his head.
"Not interrupting at all. Just going over some things in my mind."
He opens his mouth as if to offer to leave the room while she changed, but then she teased. Telling him not to peek. His jaw clapped back shut as he turned away from the partition. Ears burning warm again as he took a breath.
Okay. Just being kind. This doesn't have to turn into anything. You're just being kind.
He told himself. Tempering himself to not get his hopes or desires up. Professional. Calm.

Calm quickly melted away as he saw the outfit. The lace. The negligee. Black and immodest and seductive. Then she turned from him. He had taken in all of her. ALL. Of her in that brief second. Sure, his ability to perceive and quickly take stock of everything he saw was a battle-born talent. But he noted it all. The curve of her body, the way she turned with a look of anxiety. The bulge. That full, round backside. He wanted to do VERY ungentlemanly things to that witch. Things he'd been thinking of since she'd first teased him over food and drinks and discussed the job. For a brief moment. His decorum waned.

Were he less willful, less trained, less raised the way he'd been raised. He would have stomped over to her and grabbed a handful of her ass and made some lewd remark about sleeping with each other. Instead he wrapped an arm around the small of her back and gripped her hips. Pulling her against his body again. The hand on her hip gripped her waist. Like he could wrap his whole hand around and lift her in one hand.
He leaned down and whispered in her ear. His voice still that low, rumbling thunderous growl of a voice. This time though. There was no noble frigidity. No professional cool tone.
This time it was heat. Honey and fire and hunger and need.
"Trust me, my dear. There is absolutely nothing about that outfit that you need to apologize for."

Bent over her, looming. She could see down his open shirt. The hanging chain with the ring. The barrel-chested body. Muscular, powerful. With chest hair that covered him in a pleasantly soft looking fuzz. And across his body scars. Interlocking, intersecting scars. Claws, teeth, swords, arrows. Magic burn marks and small lightning shaped scars. She could feel the arm around her flexing. The heat of his body as he pressed closer to hers. The warm breath of his whisper dancing across her ear. A few loose strands of hair that had escaped his ponytail played across his face just oh so teasingly.

Margot's gaze remains fixed and nearly unblinking at a point on the wall -- anxiety racks her shoulders. The urge to leap under the covers and bid Salvador good night occupies her very being. So distracted she is that she lets out a yelp when a hand loops around her waist and rests on her thigh. She's pulled tight against Salvador's body. If she thought he ran hot with his clothes in, then he was positively scorching bare skinned. She looked up and admired the cuts and strirations of muscle and sinew. His thick chest rose and fall gently. His body was a panoply of war wounds -- each telling it's own story. A warrior's body made from marble and stone. Cut and forged in violence.

"You know, I'm already paying you. You don't have to flatter me too much," Margot jokes, deflecting the compliment. She knows he sees the bulge and he doesn't flinch or recoil, but instead brings her closer. The affection and proximity and the sight of his sculpted body builds a heat in her groin that's become increasingly hard to annoy. What was a tiny bulge was slowly growing into a pitched tent.

She rubs and wrings both of her hands. Words that would normally spill from her lips with boundless confidence and ease, now tumble clumsily from her lips -- left to die on the room's floor. An uncharacteristic lack of boldness. "You know, I wouldn't mind sharing the bed," Margot murmurs, looking up at him from the corner of her eye. "You're so big anyway, I could probably just sleep on top of you. I am told I make for a good bedwarmer. In more ways the one." It's a joke and a flirtation. She tests the waters. Prods and pokes at him and tries to suss out just how far this could go.

Back
Top Bottom