Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Tony's Trailblazing the Mojave (for FuriousLoverXD)

"You sure it's not rigged to explode or can only be hooked up in a vault like this?" Mira asked looking over the schematics. "I can't tell, but that sounds like a complicated bit of machinery." She said looking concerned it may be a bit of a complicated project.

Tony looked over at her and then shook his head. "I doubt it's rigged to explode but I'll take a spin with this and see what we can do with it. We'll see what it needs to be taken out of here." He considered. "Worst case we get the schematics and rebuild it on the train."

They'd find that indeed in the next room there were some schematics. There was also all the parts needed to make one with a few spare parts. They may have to be tweaked a bit, but they were in seemingly good working order after being in storage so long.

Tony would laugh. "Ask and you shall have, well can't say it's my luck cause the schematics were rolled up in between a bikini model's cleavage." He argued as he started to get the schematics and the parts with the others. "Well that's good at least, let's move this stuff to the front of the Vault, I can keep exploring and hunting with ED-E if you all want to take this over there separately." He offered thinking about it. At least I'll deal with anything that's creepy in a non-secured area.

"Yea let's get this loaded up." Mira said getting help from the others since a bunch of these parts were heavy and unweildly. The little work place wasn't a labyrinth. They'd find only a few more small work rooms which had nothing but spare beakers. They'd find a few jars filled with ashes and faded notes under them that had once been workers who had died and been creamated by Reggie before he took himself out. He had left their last will and testaments for their families if they ever came looking and the cause of death which ranged from heart attack, a monster attack, and poisoning from testing a new radaway.

Tony nodded as he helped with the crates of parts as he was trying to get that going. They'd find the spare rooms with beakers which he'd still take since they had a medicine woman on the train all the same. He'd note what happened there. "Seems there isn't much more here after all that was done. There is another potential vault around we'll drop this off first and then go there later once we've recovered. We'll get Jenny to start working on this back on the train." He offered as they'd need to lock this place up. "Anyone see anything else or doors we might have missed?"

"Not that I can see. It wasn't a large facility. Just a little podunk outpost they probably sent people to finish out their tenure or sent out as punishment. Either way feel bad for those who were stuck out here." Mira said since the facility let them live just long enough to survive the bombs, but not long enough to make a new life.

Tony nodded as he considered it. "Yep, well we'll take what we can get even the simple stuff and then head out." He offered as they'd start going back and push through any remaining radiation before getting outside. He'd then use his pip-boy to close the vault and leave a sign with wood and a carving. "Dead Inside."

"I feel that that's an old world reference, but I just don't get it." Jewel said looking back at the now closed vault. "Well at least no one will go in looking for stuff...Nah they totally will. People ignore signs all the time."

Tony nodded his head. "Probably, but at the very least they'd still need a pip-boy to get in. I'd smash the terminal but if we could get rid of the radiation in there we could probably get people living in there." They'd leave this area quickly and be able to start heading off to the train again. "We'll all get treated on the train... though now seeing that I feel like we need a Mini-Nuke launcher on the back of the train."

"I feel that something out there would likely just eat the radiation and get larger." Mira said not exactly happy with all the bug goop on her. "Yea I can imagine that bug getting bigger if we shot it with a mini-nuke." Jewel said with a shudder as they headed back to the train with their well earned loot.

Tony nodded his head. "Yeah but normal people or bandits it's fine to nuke them from the back of a moving train." He mused and then shook his head a bit more there while they rode back towards the town with all their good, sweet loot they managed to acquire.

They'd be able to reach the town without anything else bothering them on the way. The area around town was fairly well patrolled so only small geckos and scorpions were the only threats. Nothing major. He'd find the rest of the train going on business as usual. Well as usual as such a business was in a atomic wasteland.

Tony would have them take care of the rental animals as they'd have to figure out their way back to their renting post. He'd start bringing in everything to the workshop as he told his assistant to get Jenny and anyone from Victoria who worked on pre-war technology. He'd start getting the things out for the machine.

Jenny would whistle as she came walking up. "Now this is a real treat to see. Only saw a few in the NCR's hands. Gonna have to find the right place to set it up though. I don't think we can set it up to work on the train unless we have an advanced cart specifically for it."

Tony nodded as he looked at her. "Yep, everything should be there." He told her simply as he studied her a little more. "You mean to make a cart specifically for it?" He asked her curiously as he thought about it curiously. "We might have some storage cars to repurpose for it."

"Need more than just a storage cart. Maybe some kinda luxury or science cart for this thing to run. Would need a generator specifically for it. Not to mention all the chemicals needed for it to deradiate someone. Much easier to hold onto it and set it up in that vault you're looking for."

Tony considered it a bit and then nodded. "Understood, is there a way we can even temporarily run it on the train then for emergencies?" He asked her curiously. He remarked as he got a radaway and shot up to mend himself. "There was one more vault in the area we gotta check on, otherwise we'll check the area along the tracks and continue forward a bit more."

"Uhhh. Maaaaaybe? With some jury rigging, but it would only last a few moments." She said getting out a piece of paper and doing some calculations. "What do you think is in this last vault? Think it's worth the risk?"

Tony shook his head. "Don't worry about rather wreck it." He stated as he considered as he looked it all over. "And no idea, but it's worth checking out. Either for ourselves or for the locals. We'll get rewarded someway for our troubles." He considered. "I mean this was worth it to deal with some roaches." He pointed out. "Speaking of, I need to wash up." He stated as he went to go clean his face and rinse his mouth with liquor.

"Yea I was gonna ask what happened, but I figured it was something gross." Jenny said as she had been staying six feet back from him. "You're like neon green and almost glowing. Was kinda alarming to see."

Tony blinked. "Could have sworn I got most of it off then." While he washed his face since his meters didn't click faster due to having on him. "Still in the meantime take your girls who know the old world stuff so we can take advantage of preparations for it and make sure it's all working order." He explained while cleaning up.

"Oh, I'm sure the Victoria girls know how this works. Pretty sure they have one in their med bay, but I didn't bother trying to remove it. That sucker was welded in tight and likely would have fallen apart if I tried it. The others may be a bit harder to explain to. She said as the tribal Cattori came by chewing on a scorpion she had caught.

Tony nodded his head as he looked at the woman thinking about it. "Yeah well, once their vault is unsafe I'm sure we can remove the pieces of the floor under it or if you know how to build it, you can unbuild it." He pointed out as they had the blueprints there to be able to undo what they did. "Afternoon Cattori, how are you?"

"Maybe. I think some of those left still are hoping they'll be able to fix the place. I don't have the heart just yet to burst that bubble." Jenny said before walking off. Cattori would blink at him and offer him half of the still twitching scorpion.

Back
Top Bottom