Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Savage Wasteland: Beauvoir and Nera

“Dude Morgan is so old I don’t think he could hold a grudge over something like that for this long to save his life. At least for his own son.” Baphomet smiled gently.

As Mordred came with them Luka was a little startled simply because it’s been 5 years since he’d stepped foot in their home.

“Please, you know how nostalgic all of our parents are. Especially your father Morgan, I think this place would be a big gothic castle if he had his way.”

Suddenly there was a groan as a shirtless man who bore no familiarity stumbled down the stairs and out the door holding his jacket . Cameron followed casually behind and waved the man out as he barely managed to make it off the porch.

The vampire was wearing a tank top and pajama shorts that were slightly disheveled along with his hair as he strode intro the kitchen with a yawn licking blood from his fangs.

“Hey guys what were you doing all da- Mordred!?”

“Cameron that’s the second guy that’s come stumbling out of your room half alive today. And you’ve only left once.”

Cameron got a slight defensive pout. “I saved one for later. What did you want me to do? Go out twice?”

Luka rolled his eyes with a smirk as he cut up ingredients for Baphomets famous Lasagna.

Modred looked around the place where all his family was currently residing, a place he had not been for five years. He did not see any of the adults currently there, but he knew they could come home any time, because of course they lived there.

As Caden stumbled out of the other room, he said to his cousin. "So are you going to be summoning an Ogre this time, or maybe since you are older you have gone on to bigger things, like demons? Five years with Simon and Nathan certainly screwed you the fuck up. It must have. But I just got up, so don't start any of your shit or I'll pour the coffee pot on you."

Caden and Modred had never really gotten along well, probably even less than Lance and Modred had gotten along, but Modred was not in the mood to hear the shit talking.

"As I have already said to two relatives tonight. You do not know what I am capable of. So don't test me or you just might find out." With that Modred looked over in the direction of Baphomet. "Why couldn't I have been your son? Both of my fathers are fucked up. What chance do I have to be any different?"

Lance sighed and said. "Please Caden, Modred helped us. He saved us from the Slavers and the Black Market. Show him a little bit of kindness would you? He has earned that much."

Luka slammed the knife down on the cutting board as Caden came in spewing the usual venom he had on tap for Mordred. “Caden shut up- he’s been gone for 5 years. You think we brought him back just to party or something after all this time because the parents are gone? Don’t be asinine. He’s obviously back for a reason so don’t assume shit and make everyone explode cause you woke up on the wrong side of the bed after a week.” Lukas eyes flashed their dangerous orange before he stopped and seemed to calm down.

“I’m- sorry, I’m feeling volatile after mine and Lance’s experience.” He lied partially. Luka wasn’t sure if it was that or Mordred’s fresh volatile mage blood in his system.

Baphomet smiled in Mordreds direction though there seemed to be some sadness behind it. “Every chance in the world Mordred.” The Demon paused what he was doing and walked over to Simon’s son. “I can’t imagine what you’ve seen from them but, I think you can handle this.”

With that Baphomet placed a finger on Mordreds third eye. Visions began to flood the mage.

~~~~~~~~~

A village nearly burned to the ground. High ranking soldiers of demon armies busting down the doors to mud shacks and huts. The night filled with the sound of women and children screaming as the vision swept through the village among the chaos and the carnage, through the village and hoards of demons. Then it centered on the face of one demon with long black spiraling horns and the pupils of a goat. Long black hair swept on the wind as this incarnation of Baphomet snarled revealing fangs longer than any vampire.

“Raze it all down! Leave no survivors. Let them know what happens when they cross a prince of hell.” He growled in a low voice.

“Y-yes my liege!” Squealed a scout imp in armor before taking off.

The vision then changed to a room filled with the light of morning. Rocking in a big chair sat a woman with fiery red hair and kind green eyes. She held a baby swaddled in a cloth. Interestingly enough behind her stood a very masculine looking Baphomet m. His usually androgynous or feminine features grizzled and tough, the black ponytail accompanied by a beard and wrinkles.

He smiled big as the baby began to stir and unfolded the cloth revealing golden eyes with sideways pupils. Then the image began to age, or at least everything but Baphomet. The woman and child grew and aged along with the room until it decayed and the people vanished. Baphomet was left on his knees in front of two headstones. He sobbed while holding the woman’s locker with pictures of their child. Oddly enough though he would on occasion break into a smile.

Baphomet pulled back with a gasp and some tears streaked down his cheeks which he was quick to wipe away. He looked off in the distance for a while and then back to Mordred. “After I spilled legions of blood, Even I still somehow found someone to love me. The slaughter, the wars, the brutality. It all satiated a thirst but it wasn’t enough I wanted to experience everything.”

He sighed. “Then one day a dumb witch who got ahold of some of my horn somehow managed to summon me without meaning to. Normally I would kill her, eat her soul, devour her body, leave her to die. But I made the active decision to try another route. So we talked. And…” he coughed.

“Anyway, Maria and our child made my heart leap in different ways. Filled different voids in my being. After them… my heart broke but it broke from the loss of something so beautiful that I’d never gotten to experience before, I didn’t know if I was crying because I’d lost them or because I’d gotten to have them.”

“After Maria I decided that was a chapter of my life that was perfect the way it was. So I vowed to never appear as her husband again.” Baphomet went back to placing floppy noodles in a pan.

“Anyway, it’s not meant to be a sob story. But I just want to prove to you that no matter who you were or where you came from. You really can live the life you want. What Maria and I had was special and I wouldn’t trade it for the world or try to recreate it with another. But even I know that the father and husband life isn’t really for me. And as you can see in most cases, I’ve decided the mass homicide and destruction life isn’t either. I’m Baphomet, I should be the most evil person you guys ever met. You would think you should quake in fear the moment I walk into any room. But you’re here having family lasagna night with a prince of hell as your chef. How’s that for defying expectations of oneself?”

Modred listened quietly as Baphomet told his story. He did not want to outwardly show that it moved him and look weak in the eyes of his family, but it did. He was not quite the cold mother fucker that his father Simon was. He did not like showing it, but he did have something of a heart. After all, had he not rescued his brother and cousin from slavery?

The door opened, and Modred first noticed that Lance had gone into the other room, and had come back with something. It was the family crest, made in a beautiful silver necklace with a blue sapphire and black onyx stone in it. "You never got yours because you left on your Coven Initiation day and birthday. I had the design all planned in my head and everything. "

"Take it, you are a part of this family whether you like it or not, but take it, and embrace that you are who you are, and be the brother and cousin and son that you are."
Lance said to his brother as he handed him the family crest.

Modred paused for a minute. He took the necklace and placed it around his neck, symbolizing the fact that he had decided that he was going to try and rejoin the family of his own accord. "Simon and Nathan are going to be pissed. But I want to come home. I am coming home. Even if I have to live in the garage with the ImpProper."

Caden, while he was not sure how onboard he was to this idea, said. "Your dad is not going to let you sleep in the garage. And neither will little John. And besides you will see that he has put sexy underwear on the damn thing again. It's a little disturbing. He really hates the stupid robotic imp. Can't say that I blame him much. If they had robotic vampires or robotic wizards I probably wouldn't be too impressed either."

Luka watched Lance go into the other room. He wasn’t entirely sure what was going to happen but as his cousin came back with the necklace Luka smiled. He was glad that things were going well with Mordred. He looked over as Caden spoke while Cameron rubbed a supportive hand between his shoulder blades.

“You know if John hates it so much I’m sure I can make it look like something else. Seems better than looking at it in lingerie all the time.” Luka chuckled before remembering something. “Actually Mordred, Morgan did some serious renovations on your quarters. Snuck in there once, he put an enchanting station, alchemy lab and a bunch of things in there. Didn’t really touch the aesthetic of it though. I think your father hoped you’d come back. Morgan likes to mask himself as an icy bastard but I’d never question his love for this family.”

~~~~~~

That night Luka stood in his room in just his pants looking into the mirror hung on his wall. His body was still feeling odd from the magical blood he’d consumed. He’d decided to check himself over for no particular reason other than sheer paranoia.

As he watched though he could swear his pupils would changed from round to sharp and pointed in a split second or until he blinked. “God, what’s going on.” He looked down at his phone.

His father had sat him down at one point and warned him there was a chance the demon blood in his system could truly awaken one day. And what that meant was something they’d have to see if it came.

He wondered if he should text Ramiel but he knew even if it was a false alarm his father would be very worried. Maybe even come back. He didn’t want to ruin their trip if this was nothing.

He looked back to his reflection and nearly screamed. His eyes burned orange with slits for pupils. His fingernails were black claws and flakes the color of his eyes burned at the edge of the mirror. Luka yelped and punched the mirror ending his hallucination. But he buckled over crumpling to the floor and shaking for a few moments.

Soon he sat up on his knees and looked at his hands. “What’s happening to me!?” His eyes began to actually burn that orange as he swallowed a lump. “I want, I need- I have to feed- I want to bite, it hurts- I need to ruin someone-“ he gasped out.

He got up and ran to the door locking it. He didn’t want to hurt anyone.

Back
Top Bottom