Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Reign in Darkness: Mari and Nera

It seemed like everything was alright. The Prince was happy with them, or at least as happy as he was going to be, and they could continue their feast with no problems.

At least that was what Ciaran had hoped for.

Instead, he heard Ian scream and watched as his Prince's head was ripped off. His eyes widened as he saw this, jumping up and grabbing Ian's arm. He pulled him away from the table, moving him behind him and blocking his fledgling with his own body.

"Dammit" He hissed, annoyed at this was happening and unsure how to deal with it. It had killed their Prince so easily. He wasn't going to be able to talk his way out of this one.

As the demon came down from the ceiling landing right on the table by the dead hunter, he glared around. The members of the Vampire Council had backed off and were cowering. The only one that seemed to have the courage to face him down was Ciaran.

"Impressive. Courageous." The demon said, his words like poison as he spoke. "Once demons ruled over vampires. Now we will again." He paused and added. "You, Ciaran are the only one with the balls to face me, the rest cower before me. Pathetic all of you. Ciaran will rule over the city, rule over you all. Anyone have any objections to this?"

Ian was blown away by what happened. He was covered in the blood of his worst enemy, yet he felt zero relief. And now his sire was to rule? What the fuck was going on?

Ciaran didn't think that anything he was doing was impressive. He was just facing down this demon and attempting to protect his fledgling. He was duty bound to, and he was fond of Ian. It would take a bit to admit but he was. He was fond of his charge, he wanted him to survive.

His eyes widened a the demon apparently knew his name and then his eyes widened further as he was told that he was to rule.

He didn't want this! He wanted a peaceful life. Ruling was anything but. "I cannot rule. I have no right to rule, I have no desire to rule" Ciaran said, unable to stop himself from speaking up.

"You can rule. You will rule. I give you the right to rule. I do not care if you want to do it or not." The demon said as he crouched on the table in front of Ciaran. "Is there something about this situation that makes you think I am giving you a choice in this? Because I am not."

"Accept the reigns or I will give them to Ian instead, and that is the last thing any of you need." The demon nearly spat at Ciaran in reply, and Ian's eyes widened. "And the only way that would work according to vampire law, as you know, is if you are dead."

Ian glanced over at Ciaran, and said. "Sire, please, do what he says." The unveiled threat of killing Ciaran if he did not do this, Ian could not deal with that. He could not be alone and have to live this life, and than have to some how rules these idiots on top of that. Besides, Ian was growing to like the man, and a pang of something akin to pain hit him at the thought of Ciaran dying tonight.

Last edited:
It seemed as if Ciaran had no choice. This demon had decide that he was to rule and, if he didn't, he would die and Ian would be given the responsibility. That wouldn't be fair. He couldn't leave this to his fledgling and he couldn't abandon him so soon. He knew the pain of losing ones sire.

He looked to Ian and sighed, turning back to the demon and nodding. "Very well, I have no choice in this matter but I will rule" He agreed, clearly begrudging and clearly unhappy with the situation. But he couldn't say no when Ian asked him like that, he couldn't live him alone to this life he didn't want.

"I will offer you freedom in how it is to be done. As long as you do not seek to destroy me you are free to do as you please. But you are to make true actual decisions and not just sit there with a crown on your head. I'm sure you understand?" The demon added. "I will be watching."

With that the demon disappeared in a cloud of smoke, and for a long moment it was completely quiet until finally Ian said. "Would you like me to see everyone out, or work on trying to clean this damned place up?" Ian figured this was helpful to his sire, his Prince now. It was an actual order and Princes were supposed to give orders. He imagined that Ciaran knew less about how to be a ruler than he did about being a sire, and now he had to be both.

"I understand" Ciara said, watching as the demon disappeared in a cloud of smoke. It was silent before Ian spoke. "Yes, both" He wanted everyone out and he wanted this place to be clean again. He went to his seat, flopping down into it with a sigh. What the fuck? What was he meant to do now? He didn't want to be a Prince! He didn't know how to be one. What was he going to do now? He had to actually do something otherwise the demon would be back.

Ian cleaned up the place, and then saw everyone out. Well he cleaned up what he could, had servants paint over what he couldn't, and replaced the rugs that were beyond saving. It was such a damned mess, and he felt an extreme sense of anxiety and anger at the entire thing.

"God damned demon killed Sangrey and took my revenge. Now what am I supposed to look forward to in the future." Ian said as he bent over to finish cleaned one of the last floors, and realized immediately that the zipper came loose and his ass was hanging out of the hot pants Sangrey made him wear. "Fuck..." Ian said as he went to try and fix them, only the zipper was stuck.

Ciaran simply sat in his seat, trying to process everything that had happened as Ian cleaned up around him. He didn't care about anything that would need replacing and he didn't care what Ian had to do to get the place looking right. This was his home and he needed it back to normal so he could think properly.

Of course, something had to happen.

He stared at Ian's shorts exposed him, staring and trying not to. Fucking hell. He couldn't win today. He wasn't sure what he was feeling. There was tinglings of arousal, exhaustion, confusion, every emotion one could feel. He twitched in his seat, fists clenching beside him. After a few moments of thought and wresting with his feelings, he stood and went over to Ian. He took his longer jacket off, wrapping it around Ian so he was covered. "Go...get dressed" He said, voice strained.

Ian went to go get dressed, and as he did, a knock came to the front door, when Ciaran seemed to either ignore it or take too long to answer it, the door creaked open, and a little imp marched in carrying a suitcase.

He teleported next to Ciaran and said. "Ramiel sent me. He said that you might need a servant, and Henry is useless. Can I have Ians room? I will need a place to stay in your house after all. Also I have a cat. Can I bring him too? I am supposed to watch you and report back to Ramiel. He is the big scary demon from before. The one who killed Sangrey. Oh and you are not allowed to flush me down the toilet. If you do Ramiel will be very cross with you."

Ian came back in a pair of ridiculous looking yellow pants, but he did not care, at least his ass was covered now. "Please tell me he isnt here to move in?"

Ciaran did in fact ignore the door. There was far too much going on for him to pretend to be interested in a guest. Although, it seemed that this was not a normal guest. He stared at the imp with disappointment in his expression. An imp? Of all things that blasted demon had to send him!

He felt like crying, honestly. He needed a good days sleep.

"He is..." Ciaran said slowly when Ian came back. "You cannot have Ian's room, but you can set up one of the other rooms for yourself. You can bring your cat and...Fine. Whatever. Stay and make up your own room" He threw his arms up in the air, finally having enough of the day.

"Ian, with me" He said, stalking out of the main room.

Ian followed Ciaran out of the room. They stalked towards the other end of the house, and as they did, for a long moment Ian was quiet. He did not know quite what to say, so he did not say anything until he had figured out something. He hoped it wasn't something that was going to make today worse.

"If I never see another pair of hot pants again it wont be too soon." Ian said. "I wont even ask what the ridiculous neon colored clothing in my room is all about. I will wear anything as long as it covers my ass. Probably it was some stupid thing that Henry did. But if not. Ok I feel like I may be rambling. Feel free to tell me to shut up."

With that Ian shut the door behind them when they were in an entire wing of the house that was, well a lot emptier than the wing they had just left.

Ciaran stalked off towards his quarters, entering his room and flopping down into a chair. He was happy to listen to Ian speak, happy for some sort of distraction from his thoughts. He didn't know about the clothes but he would assume it was Henry as well.

His wing was quiet, just want he wanted, but he wanted Ian's company. How stupid. "Feed" He ordered, holding his wrist out for Ian for a moment before he stopped and tilted his head, gesturing to his neck. "I don't care if you're full. You need to feed" Was it for Ian or for him? Who knew.

Ian was surprised by Ciaran suddenly ordering him to feed. He was not expecting that. The initial offer of the wrist was what he would have expected. The next however, caught him off guard.

He paused for a moment before moving in to sink his fangs into Ciaran's neck. He felt aroused something ferocious from this, and there was no hiding it at this point not with being right in his sire's lap. He considered making a move right then, but didn't want to fuck the night up any more than it already had been. Besides, what if Ciaran wasn't interested? He would feel like an idiot.

He was shaking a little bit when it was all over, as he pulled away from his sire. "I cannot believe what just happened. Like what the fuck, seriously? I thought he was going to kill us all."

The feeling of Ian's fangs in his neck was exactly what Ciaran wanted. It made him feel good, his arousal from the action probably obvious but he didn't care. He wanted to think of little but his fledgling. He wanted to forget the evening and the responsibility that he now held. A responsibility he had never wanted.

"I thought so too...although, I would die before you. You are my charge, I will protect you" Ciaran said, feeling a little drunk after he had been drained a little. He reached a hand up to cup Ian's cheek. "I am the Prince now. You will have to stand with me. Your actions will reflect on me still but with the demon's support...I do not think we will be questioned"

Ian was blown away by the fact that Ciaran touched him like that. The affectionate touch had caught him off guard. He tried to keep his cool, but stumbled over his words.

"I--I--" He paused. "Yes---I will remember my actions affect you. I will support you in every way I can." Ian swallowed hard and said. "I do not think we will be questioned as long as a demon of this magnitude has said that you are to rule."

"Also, I guess it gives me something to focus on now that Sangrey is dead." Ian said. "Now that he is gone, and I dont have someone to hate, I just, do not know what to do with myself." Ian continued. "I am pretty sure that you have no idea how to rule. I have a few ideas, I can help you. First one should be dealing swiftly with some of your enemies, and punishing the Council Members some how for not even trying to come to Sangrey's aid. And showing cowardice, or something. Maybe even set up a New Council?"

Seeing Ian stuttering was interesting. Ciaran wanted to see it more. He smiled a little as his charge spoke, agreeing with him and nodding as he said he would support him. Good. He would have to rely on Ian a lot. There was no one else he trusted even slightly.

"You'll find a purpose. We all do" He assured him. As a fledgling, you were often driven by one cause. As you grew, you found other's that made your eternal life worth it. He considered Ian's words, nodding after a few moments. "Agreed. I will remove the council members from their positions, I will have to think about the punishment, and establish my own council. However, I do not know who will be on it..."

Ian was thoughtful for a moment. "As a former hunter, I could tell you things about not only the humans that I used to work with but the vampires I worked against.

You didn't ever really get around to looking deeply at that list, but it is something you might find useful. I also know a thing or two about vampires, and I can tell you about a couple who have been trying to use hunters to eliminate their enemies. You probably don't want anyone like that on your new council."

He paused and added. "And there is the question of the interaction with the other species. I know things were not going really well with the wolves for example. Not that they ever traditionally have been. You will likely be expected to make a show of strength to them if you are to be taken seriousl.y"

Ciaran raised an eyebrow as Ian told him that, not only would be share information about humans, but the vampires as well. What knowledge did this human hold and why was he willing to betray all for him? Fledgling adoration could only go so far.

"Ian...why do all of this? Why help me so much? You could abandon me now Lucas is dead, you are only tied to me by our traditions, and yet you share your knowledge and offer your help" He asked, sucking in a breath and sitting back in his chair. "I appreciate it, truly, but I don't understand you"

"I--" Ian thought about it for a minute. "I really don't know exactly, but I think some of it is the strange emotions I have been experiencing since you turned me. Also, its kind of that I understand that these people are just going to want me dead anyway. You know what I mean? I am really looking out for my own self interests here."

"The vampires are going to see me as a threat because of what I know and honestly I cannot believe they did not move against me yet The hunters, they will think they are doing me a favor. They aren't going to see me and invite me back into the fold with open arms. Yuri in particular probably will actively be hunting me. Takashi did not like me anyway so now he has an excuse to kill me."

Last edited:
Ciaran nodded, understanding Ian's motives more now he laid them out like that. Part of it was likely the fledgling pull but part was also his desire to survive. A hard one to shake and, he supposed, Ciaran was one of the only people that didn't want him dead. He wanted him to survive. He had given a part of himself away and he wasn't ready for that to die.

"Very well. We will make our moves. I will trust you in this more than I have trusted anyone since my sire passed" He decided. "Make me a list of hunters and vampires that you have intel on. Make a list of other clans we should seek allies in. The wolves have always been at odds with us so we can either seek a truce or make a show of power. I'm not in a position to do that just yet. I am not strong enough"

Ian moved over to Ciaran's office, which he had noticed earlier, and after asking and getting permission, he took a blank notebook, and started writing down the information he had.

He began with the location of the Hunter Stronghold in the city, Warehouse 52. It was not common knowledge that Warehouse 52 was the stronghold, and this was a nightclub, and it was not just a Warehouse in town as it had been assumed.

Once Ian had that information listed on the paper, he listed the names of every hunter he was aware of, and important information such as their residences and places of occupation. One notable one that noone probably would have suspected was that hunters were operating outside of a vampire themed nightclub.

"I know this sounds ridiculous, so ridiculous that you probably are tempted to think its bullshit, but the Broken Fang, is run by hunters and a few vampire accomplices, and they lure in unsuspecting vampires with the use of the vampire that runs the place, and they kill them for blood to sell on the Black Market."

"And the fact that the vampires in question who are doing this, are Veronica and Victor Bauer, former council members is probably also going to be a surprise." Ian said. "As far as the wolves go, I dont have much to offer aside from the phone number of the Alpha Markus Hansen."

Last edited:
Ciaran gave any permission that Ian needed. Although, he didn't care. As far as he was concerned this was Ian's home as much as his own. What was his was Ian's. He'd probably have to tell him that at some point.

He watched as he made his lists and sighed when he heard about the nightclub. Of course. It seemed so obvious now it was mentioned but he would never have suspected. "You know a lot. You could have either saved yourself or found a better sire with that sort of information" Ciaran said, raising an eyebrow as he took the information in.

"Give me the Alpha's number. I'm sure we can come to some sort of agreement now Lucas is out of the picture"

There was a lot to do and he was tired. Why could he not have just died before? It would have been simpler. No. Instead, he decided that he wanted to protect his ward. "I'm going to rest. We'll start work proper tomorrow. You should get some rest as well. Come find me in the evening and you can feed again"

Ian realized that he too was totally exhausted. He went to bed, and fell fast asleep.

When he woke up the imp that the demon sent to move in with them was inches from his face.

He jumped up immediately and said. "You know the last imp that came in my room got drowned right?"

The imp scattered off and Ian just shook his head when he saw that the imp had brought him breakfast. He ignored it, not being hungry. He went to take a shower, and when done, went to look for his sire.

When he found him sitting in the living room watching the evening news, he came and had a seat near him. "Good evening. I hope you slept well. You need to have a talk with that imp about boundaries. He was inches from my face when I woke up. He scared the life out of me."

Ciaran sat in the living room, trying to keep up to date with what was going on and also figure out his next move. Ian had given him a lot of options and now he just had to make his mind up. First...he would sort his council. Then he would contact the Alpha and see if they could get on the same page.

He looked over when Ian came to join him and nodded. He had slept well, until his body had decided that he had to wake. He ducked his head to hide his laughter as his charge complained about the imp. "I don't think I can control him. The best thing you can do is threaten him to stay away from you" He said with a shrug. He had no solution to that.

"Are you hungry?" He asked, pulling his collar down and baring his neck. A small mark was left where Ian had fed last.

Back
Top Bottom