Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Reign in Darkness: Mari and Nera

Who knew the decision to gag or not would be so difficult? He guessed they would just have to see exactly how well Ian could behave. If a gag was needed, then he would just have to use one.

He scoffed a laugh, crossing his legs delicately and resting his head on his hand. "Obviously. He comes in on speaker and insults him? Nothing mentioned after? He is far to eager for a regular servant" He said with a sigh, wondering if Henry thought he was being subtle.

"I did not expect it either" He said, a little annoyed that he only had a short amount of time to get Ian to a point where he could be in front of the others. "Taming is more accurate in your situation. I will have to invite everyone of import, the Elders will be present. I don't doubt they will want to see your progress. This is as much a test for me as it is for you. I believe to start we must sate your thirst. I can't have you drinking everything you can get your hands on in front of everyone"

"My thirst?" Ian said, considering for a moment. "God at this point I feel like I need an IV drip full of blood in order to do that. I'm so thirsty its driving me insane." He looked to the empty bottle and then to Ciaran's throat. Damn he wanted something, he was using a lot of restraint to keep from getting even more from somewhere.

"I don't suppose you can let me eat Henry?" Ian was joking of course but he knew that if he were not careful something like that could actually happen. "No I suppose not. I am afraid I would probably kill any living human I got my fangs into right now. I dont think I could stop if I wanted to. I imagine eventually I will have to learn to do so, but I am not looking forward to doing so."

"What is it going to take? Because that does scare me as well, I have to admit, having to drink blood in front of these people without drinking too much or making a mess." Ian said.

There were a few ways to calm the first thirst. Drinking from the sire more than once, and killing a human right away were two ways this was done from what Ian had heard. Neither were something he wanted to really do right now.

Ciaran actually laughed. Oh how delightful it would be to solve the problem that was Henry and his new progeny's thirst in one go. Unfortunately, it wasn't going to happen and he knew that it would only cause more problems if Lucas knew he had used him for such purposes.

"There are a few ways to calm your initial thirst" Ciaran mused, remember how he had sated his own. He had drank from his sire, multiple times until he felt like he wasn't itching to drink more and more. There were other's that drained a human, there were those that just waited it out. The last was not an option for them.

He raised his wrist to his mouth and cut deep with his fangs. He held his now bleeding wrist out. "Drink" He ordered, watching as the blood dripped down to the floor. "This is the easiest way without having to go hunting for you" It would help him grow stronger but also help with the thirst. It was the quickest option given they only had three days.

Ian looked at Ciaran's bleeding wrist. He was hesitant, it was obvious. Drinking from another vampire could cause arousal between the two of them, and he did not want to feel uncomfortable or to make the other uncomfortable. However, he did not think he could hold off even if he wanted to he imagined that Ciaran would make him and that would be humiliating.

Ian made his way over to his sire, he looked at his bleeding wrist. "Fuck it." He said as he took it in his mouth and began drinking. As one might have expected, he felt the pleasure that was inevitable when feeding from a living being. He knew it was possible his sire would as well, but he worked to ignore that as much as he could.

It did help, a lot more than the blood wine he had been given. He drank deeply and continued until he felt a decent amount of satiation. The look of pleasure on his face was unmistakable. A warm body, especially vampire blood, tasted good. Some of their hunted and killed other vampires just for the rush. He could understand now why that was.

Ciaran was patient and waited for Ian to make his choice. Not that he had much of one. He had to do as Ciaran said and he would make him if he had to. This was the quickest and easiest way to help him with his thirst, as uncomfortable as it might be. He was glad he chose his wrist. He didn't want to think about Ian feeding from his neck.

He hadn't been fed from in...he couldn't remember how long. There was a rush that came with it, pleasure rushing through him. He watched Ian for a few moments before closing his eyes. He couldn't look. It was too uncomfortable. He knew they were both enjoying the feeling and it just felt too awkward to watch him.

Once he had finished, he took his arm back and examined the wound left. "You'll have to feed a few more times to actually get anything out of it, but that should be enough for today" His own pale face was flushed and he avoided looking at the young vampire. Oh his own reaction was embarrassing.

Ian looked down for a few minutes. He hoped that Ciaran could not read his thoughts because they were going to all kinds of naughty places, and Ciaran was the object of them. He changed his thoughts to something a little more mundane. Kittens playing and freshly baked pies. That kind of thing.

Ian said. When he met Ciaran's eyes again he tried to think of a way to break the silence. "Um, thank you. I know you did this so I won't embarrass you, but I feel I should thank you nonetheless. It made the terrible hunger go away."

"So how old are you anyway? I know you are considered young for a vampire, but young could be like a few hundred years or something right?" Ian inquired.

"It's...it's fine. When you're hungry again let me know" Ciaran said, knowing he'd have to feed again sooner rather than later. Hopefully they'd both be able to control themselves the next time.

As he was asked about his age, he laughed. He was a young vampire and Ian was right. "Last I checked, I was two hundred and twenty. Young for a vampire considering the others are all over six hundred" He didn't mind his age, it meant he was more easily able to adapt the world they lived in.

"Time passes quickly, you'll see that soon enough. Before you know it your hundred birthday will have passed you by" He mused, standing. "I'll leave you to rest whilst I prepare for the party"

Ian felt the tiredness hit him, and looked at the clock in his room. It was almost dawn, so he was indeed tired. He went to his bed, and laid down, and got some sleep, marveling at the fact that it was his first nightmare free day ever. He had heard that vampires normally did not dream, but he did not realize that it was not true until he actually went to sleep for the first time since his turning.

The alarm went off at sunset, and he was startled by how loud the thing was. He got up, spooked by it. He was even more spooked when he sat up and looked at the floor, and saw a little imp on the floor marching back and forth with a fork.

"What the fuck are you doing in here?" Ian inquired of the little creature as he picked him up, and the fork fell clanging to the ground.

"Put me down you blood sucker!" The imp said. "Or I will summon my master here, and an entire legion of demons, and we will destroy you."

"Sir!" Ian said, calling for his sire. He figured he had better let him know he had an intruder in the house. "Sir there is an imp in my room."

Ciaran watched as Ian fell into drowsiness and left him to rest after securing the curtains. No point in leaving him to burn. That would be one of the worst things to have to explain to Lucas. He locked the door behind him and left to go to his own room. He was tired. This was all too much.

He slept comfortably until his own alarm went off. He yawned, getting out of bed and having a quick shower before getting dressed. That was about when he heard Ian calling for him.

He frowned, confused as to why he would want him at all, and he barely heard the words about the imp. He finished dressing before going to Ian's room, stepping inside and blinking at the sight of the imp.

"Ah, we have a guest. How rude to barge in like this and not wait to be greeted" He huffed, closing the door and making his way over to the imp. He took the imp from Ian, gripping by the back of the neck and holding him up so he could look him in the eye. "And why are you disturbing my new protege? He's meant to be resting"

"I was only looking for cookies." The imp lied. "I heard that you put them in the refrigerator in here, and I thought I would get some while my master snuck around the house looking for something else." The little guy paused. "Opps....I wasn't supposed to tell you my master is here."

The imp looked down at his fork and then back up at Ciaran and said. "You can put me down now. My neck is starting to hurt and you are tearing my brand new shirt."

Ian rolled his eyes. "I had heard about these little imps. They usually work for mages or for higher level demons, but sometimes they work for infernal vampires."

"I can assure you I don't work for a demon. I would have been killed for being annoying by most of them at this point so I went freelance. I also can assure you that I don't work for a mage. Magic weirds me out. I also do not work for a vampire, because I dont want him to eat me. I also assure you I am only lying about one of those three things."

Ciaran raised an eyebrow as the imp instantly gave away what he was doing. He sighed, putting the imp down on the bed. If he tried to run, he'd be able to catch him fairly easily. "They're a nuisance, that's what they are" He said with a huff, rolling his eyes as the imp started to talk again.

Riddles time. He didn't think he worked for a demon, so it was likely to be mage or a vampire. If he did work for a vampire, that meant one of his own kind were snooping around. Not completely unlikely. He didn't think he had any quarrel with any mages but with his new charge, anything could have changed.

"You'll be killed for being annoying by me if you don't give me straight answers" He said, already annoyed by this imp. He had no patience. He was tired and stressed. He had a party to plan and a new vampire to train. Imps were just not in his schedule.

"Ok, ok....no need to make threats. I will tell you. My master is Nathan de Luca. He is a vampire, and he says that there is something in this house that belongs to him.

It was taken from his uncle Augustus when he was put to death for crimes against the vampire race recently. He did not get to get the items from his family, and he says he does not care if the Blood God himself owns this house, he is coming inside and he is going to find it."

Ian noticed that the door was still open, but when he eyed it he did not even have the thought of leaving. But he noticed something odd behind his master. He saw what looked like the outline of a person, but it was faint. Ian picked up the fork off the ground and hurled it in the direction of what he suspected to be a vampire or other creature hiding behind him cloaked in shadows near his master. It never even occured to Ian that Ciaran could think he was trying to attack him.

It turned out at he was correct. The vampire, an ugly grotesque creature, was standing behind and to the side of Ciaran, preparing to attack.

The fork hit the vampire right in the chest, and sent the vampires blood spraying everywhere.

Nathan de Luca? Ciaran remembered his uncle being put to death. It wasn't everyday something like that happened. As it was, he remembered being at his execution. He wasn't familiar with Nathan himself though and he wasn't sure what exactly in his home could belong to old Augustus.

He blinked as he fork flew past him, eyeing his charge suspiciously until he heard the fork spear something and blood hit the floor. He turned around, grimacing at the sight. "You will clean this up" He ordered, a little annoyed despite the fact that Ian hadn't actually attacked him. Something about the idea of his protege attacking him made him uncomfortable. It was less annoyance and more...disappointment? That was an odd feeling.

Of course, just a fork to the chest wouldn't be enough to end the life of a vampire. Ciaran darted forward, fingers wrapping around the things throat and pinning him against the wall. Despite his slight frame, he was strong and he easily lifted the creature up so he was dangling from the ground. "How dare you" He hissed, furious at the intruder. "How dare you enter my home like this"

Ian was stunned at the way Ciaran seemed to be upset with him.

"Don't you have Henry for things like that? And what the hell am I supposed to clean it up with anyway? You do not exactly have a bunch of cleaning supplies in here. And what would you have rather I did? Ignore the fact I saw him here?" The fledgling looked at Ciaran and almost pouted. He wanted to say. 'You clean it up.' But did not go that far. Instead he said. "If you insist." With his voice a little tinged with anger.

The ghoulish looking vampire cried out in pain when he was struck with the fork. "That hurt...." He paused as Ciaran lifted him up, and said. "You have a fiesty one on your hands. I do not envy you. I would have killed him."

Ciaran glanced around at Ian, sighing when he saw his expression. He was annoyed, he was stressed, and he was having far too many emotions. He didn't like it. He also didn't like how Ian just agreed to do as he said after arguing. What was going on? He didn't like any of this.

He rolled his eyes as the vampire spoke. "I thought he was, we'll have to see" He said, tightening his grip on his throat briefly. "Now, what is it you are looking for? Let's see if we can come to an agreement"

Whether he'd actually agree to anything or would end up just killing the intruder was up for debate.

Nathan de Luca, the intruder who was dangling from the air looked concerned if not absolutely terrified by the Master of the house attacking him as he did.

He looked like he wanted to snarl in his direction. "There is a sword. It was Augustus' it is mine by rights. I am his last living relative."

Ian called to Henry. "Henry, Henry bring some cleaning supplies will you. I need to clean up some blood. Make it something that will get it out of this white rug will you?"

It took only a few moments for Henry to return with the cleaning supplies he had been asked for, and Ian took them and started cleaning.

"There is nothing in this house that does not belong to me. Why would I have one of your uncle's swords in my possession?" Ciaran asked, knowing that he didn't have anything of the sort in this house. Everything that was here, he either got or inherited from his sire when he died.

He ignored his progeny calling the servant and his eye twitched when he started cleaning. There was that strange emotion again. Why was he acting so weird. He growled, taking his annoyance out on Nathan de Luca and punching him in his stomach.

Nathan felt a little bit stupid. If the man was telling the truth, he got himself in trouble over nothing. He felt a punch to the gut, and he let out a groan of pain.

"Boy you hit hard," Nathan said. If he was human he might have had broken bones over what had happened to him. "I am sorry. I thought the sword was here. That stupid little imp, told me that the sword was here."

"Oh about that." The imp said in reply, and Ian had almost forgotten he was here. "I might have lied."

The groan of pain was satisfying, and placated Ciaran for a few moments. He was strong and it was nice to have the acknowledged from time to time. "The imp?" He repeated, finding it shocking that the vampire had trusted the word of an imp on this.

He dropped Nathan, letting him fall to the floor as his attention moved to the imp. "And why exactly would you have done that?" His fury now directed at the imp as he stalked over to the little creature.

"I was bored." The imp said. "And I heard your name at the Council Chambers. I did not know any other vampire names except for the Vincent family, and they already threatened to skewer me with my own fork. Please don't skewer me with my own fork. It will never happen again."

The imp ran the only place he could, to the corner where he cowered from the older vampire. "I'm sorry. I can make it up to you. I can stay and bake cookies, and be your servant. I promise I am a good cook. And I am a ferocious defender of all my charges. I can make it worth your while."

"I'm going to do worse than skewer you" Ciaran hissed, following the imp to the corner. He had far too much going on to be worried about a stupid imp and his pranks. He had a party, a charge, a prince that was expecting him to fail. Now he had to deal with an imp using his name and bringing a deformed vampire into his home? This was all too much for his usually saint like patience.

"Ian. What would you say I do?" He asked, deciding to leave this up to his protege. If he had his way, he would rip the imps limbs from his body and create a soup to feed to his dogs. "How do we deal with this transgression?"

"Well." Ian said in reply. "I have heard it said that imps are terrified of water." He thought about it for a second. "You could use water torture or something. It would be far worse than skewering the little shithead. Drown the fucker as an example to all imps who would oppose you."

The imp lost it then. "No, no, not water. You cannot be serious. Imps are terribly allergic to water. It hurts us more than anything. Especially if it is holy water, but water of any kind. Water is bad. And we cannot swim!"

"Well you got me into trouble with my maker, you little shit. And you got this guy, whom I am assuming is Nathan de Luca, in trouble with him. I think the least you deserve is a bath."

Water. That was an excellent idea. "Very good, cruel and effective. I like it" Ciaran said, crossing his arms over his chest as he considered the options. "Henry, get a basin filled with holy water. I need you to bathe our new friend"

Obviously he couldn't touch holy water and he wouldn't want Ian to. He didn't trust Nathan to do the job and so it was down to Henry. If he wanted to remain a servant here, he would have to do as he was told.

"You have wasted my time today. Do you know how busy I am?" He huffed, more irate than he'd been in years. "Ian, hold him whilst Henry gets the water"

Henry immediately nodded and said. "Yes, sir, right away sir." With that the overly eager servant made his way over to the other room to procur some holy water.

Henry had the water in a bucket, and he kept a safe distance from the vampires, and Ian went over to the corner and snatched up the imp.

Ian handed the imp to Henry, who took him in his hand and looked him over. "Cute, but annoying little thing."

With that Henry took the imp and dropped him into the bucket of water to the sound of screams.

Ian shook his head, and then he turned back to Nathan. "Now what are you going to do about him?"

They dealt with the imp quite easily and Ciaran was happy to hear the screams. It was well deserved after the trouble he put them through. He looked to Nathan, sighing as he remembered he had something else to deal with.

"I am unsure. You want this sword, the one that belonged to your uncle? Have you any idea where it may be?" He asked.

It was odd but he felt like he could help. "I can ask some of my contacts, see if we can find it. If I do this, what will you give in return?" He always wanted something in return for his help, didn't everyone?

Back
Top Bottom