Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Love Reborn

"No they haven't told me when." He did not mind the tears in his shirt he never did. He gently pulled away after she stopped crying again. "I am going to go get you something ok? I have my cell on me if you need me. I will be back later."

Sky nodded and she looked at him. She grabbed his hand and bit her lower lip. "Keep it on the ringer." SHe siad softly. "ANd dont have it in your pocket. Put it on like the cupholder so if I call you pick it up immediately." She reminded. Couldn't help but be paranoid. S he didn't want to lose him either. "And...be safe. No speeding."

Matt rolled his eyes behind his back so she would not see it. "I will be fine ok? Don't worry I have never been in a crash and I never speed." He walked slowly out of the room and knew she would call in about an hour or so.

"Can't blame me for caring ahole..." she muttered as she lay back and closed her eyes. She never would be seeing josh again. It hurt so much that she never thought she could want to be alone so much. she just wanted to be alone. It was natural in the time mourning right?

Why would she call him an ahole? He got into his car and started heading out. Josh had given him something to hold for her until he was ready but now he was gone. A locket with his picture in it. He would go get it and bring it back.

Sky turned onto her side and winced a little bit. She saw her bag and she grabbed her phone and looked through all the pictures of her and Josh. She just lay her head back on the pillow and shut her phone pushing it away from her on her side table. She closed her eyes and pulled the covers over her head. it wasn't going to be easy.

Matt was taking a while since his house was quite far from the hospital. He accidentally left his phone in the car when he went into the house to get the gift. It was in his room safe under his bed.

Considering that he was taking a while, she poked her head from under the blanket and grabbed her phone, closing her eyes since her wallpaper was of her and Josh. she dialed Matt's number from memory and then put the phone to her ear. when he didn't pick up, panic rose into her. She sat up and cried out a ltitle bit from the pain in her leg nad dialed his number again. When he didn't pick up again, she started shaking, freaking out, starting to cry again.

Matt took another few minutes and when he found it he ran back downstairs. He somehow knew she was going to freak out and was mad he left his phone in the car. When he got in he noticed there were two missed calls and called his sister back. He waited for her to answer while he started driving back to the hospital.

Sky was almost hysterically crying nad if she did the nurses may and would have come in to stabalize her. Sedate her. Luckily for her, her phone ring and she looked to see it was her brother. She answered it immediately and wped her eyes. "Are you okay? Why didn't you answer your phone?" She cried, wiping her eyes, sniffling a bit.

Matt sighed as he drove to the hospital slowly incase she got worried. "I went into my house and accidentally left my phone in the car. I'm fine don't worry." He was going to stay on the phone until he got there.

She wiped her eyes and nodded, sniffling. "Don't do that again okay? I thought something happened to you." She did her best to calm herself down but it was hard without anyone there. "Matt...why did he have to go? It should have been me..."

"You don't need to worry about me I will never leave you." He whispered then turned into the hospital parking lot. "Everyone has their time on earth and his time was up. I'll be right up I just got back to the hospital." He said as he stepped out of the car.

Skyler nodded. "Okay." She siad and then lay back when he talked about Josh's time. "No it wasn't. it wasn't his time to go. It's not fair..." She sniffled. "Okay. I'll hang up. bye." she hung up and then put her phone down in her lap and lay back, closing her eyes. It wasn't his time. it just wasn't...

He hung up the phone without saying goodbye and took the little box in his hands. It would probably hurt her to see the gift but maybe it might not. A few moments later he was upstairs and in her room again.

Once he came into her room, she saw the box in his hands and gulped. "what's that?" She asked in a small voice. she wiped her eyes, wanting to stop crying. she was a woman, not a baby. she shouldn't be crying so much. It was ridiculous to her.

"I forgot I had this. Josh gave it to me to keep until he was ready to give it to you." He walked over to her and handed her the box. Maybe it was the wrong time to give it to her. Or was any time a good time?

Skyler swallowed hard and she took the box. She untied the bow and then opened it and took the locket out. Hesitantly, she opened it and seeing the picture of Josh, tears came into her eyes but she stopped herself from letting them out. She took in a deep breath and let it out slowly and looked at him. SHe took in another deep breath but it was cut off and her hands started to shake. Maybe this wasn't the best time to have given it to her but neither did she let it go. She held it with all dear life close to her heart.

Back
Top Bottom