Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A Love Reborn

If anyone said it was possible to die of happiness, Skyler could right at that moment. Two year relationship with Josh took a girl who always wore the facade of a happy girl into a truly happy girl. The minute he asked her out two years ago, that facade slowly broke and once on their on the day of their anniversary, it shattered completely, releasing this truly beautiful girl and an even more truer happier young girl. Since then, she always wondered that if anyone could die of happiness, it'd be her since nothing could take that away. Nothing...

Skyler was driving home with Josh, she manning the wheel since it was car and she wanted to drive. Nothing wrong with that at all. The music from the radio was playing happily, they were both fine and happy, coming home from having dinner out in the city. Her hand was laced with his, she driving with one hand. It was a friday night, raining a lot and to some it would be difficult to drive in but Skyler was managing and she was driving safely plus they were almost back to their college.

Everything was fine. But behind her car and far back, something had happened to a driver and the roads were pretty much deserted and it was speeding up. but it didn't catch Skyler's attention. It was speeding up and skidding quite a lot. the highway had four lanes for each direction. The directions were two ways. She was in the second lane. The car was in first lane, or in the lane to her right.

The whole two years they were together was the most wonderful time he had ever had with a girl. Little did he know that this was all going to come to an end tonight. Something did not feel right but he did not want to worry his love at least not right now. His blond was spiked on top of his head and he had deep blue eyes. He had made every attempt to make her happy and bring her gifts. Every month they celebrated their anniversary and he always did something romantic for her. Josh wanted to drive her home but she would not allow him to. The dinner was delicious and of course he paid but he did not mind that at all. He was fingering her hand with his thumb gently almost caressing it. "Slow down a bit ok?" He did not want to go to fast because it was raining and they could get into trouble. Glancing into the mirror he saw a car swerving all over the road. "Pull over ok? Let him pass us please." Little did he know this was going to be the last time he would be able to touch her or talk to her. The night his life abruptly came to an end.

But she didn't know what was going to happen. She didnt know that tonight would be the end of her love. His words caused her to look in the rear view mirror to see a car skidding and speeding up. It was to the right of her, to the right of him, in the first right lane. She was in the second right lane. Slowing down a little bit, she turned her left blinkers on, signalling to go to the next lane to her left and shifted. She continued on driving, but at a slower speed to ease the both of them.

The swerving car was scary fast now and the wet wet roads caused it to skid and swerve uncontrollably to the point that it got into the lane that Skyler was once in. She shifted into the fourth lane, beginning to freak out a bit. She couldn't have pulled over because if she went into the lane that that car was once in, it would have beeen an accident immediately because that's like going into the mouth of the lion.

Right? Or no...?

"Josh...it's speeding up. It keeps coming in our direction..I don't know what to do." her hand left his and she was obvously freaking out, if not evident enough.

Josh kept looking in his mirror and back at her. "Go off to the left hurry." That was against the rules but at least it might save them both or all three of them. He squeezed her hand and then let go of it so she could concentrate on driving and not on holding his hand. He watched the car in the mirror when she switched lanes. Why was he acting like this? Was this guy drunk? It sure seemed like that with him swerving. "It's ok. Don't panic. Just keep trying to go to another lane slowly but carefully ok?" He was panicking inside but did not want her to know that.

Skyler nodded and she looked back once to change into the carpool lane which was against the rule since for this highway there needed to be three or more people in the car. Some carpool lanes did that on certain days. But the car had caught up, not going into the third lane that she was in but it was right on her tail almost in a diagonal way. It swerved to the right, gaining speed and then it spun around violently into her car, causing her car to roll over dangerously fast into the other side, where oncoming cars saw and stopped, turning their hazard lights on.

Skyler screamed when her car toppled over that way and once it, with the roof of the car touching the ground and the wheels were in the air, she lay their motionless for the longest time. If any fire would have happened, due to the rain, it would have been put out. She was in intense pain, breathing hard and the origins of her pain was one of her legs. "Hmm..." She winced and turned, unfastening herself to the best of her ability. "J-Josh...?"

Josh did not see it coming nor did he feel much pain. As the car started spinning he hit his head and it broke his neck. It was instant and at least he did not feel any pain or suffer. His eyes were open but unresponsive. A small gasp escaped his throat just before the collision and he screamed her name. Now he was not even breathing. There was no response as she called his name and unbuckled her seat belt. (sorry short. also I hope you did not mind me killing him right away)

[nah its fine. though i am tearing up since its sad]

She heard the scream and when he idn't say anything, she got out of the car, managing to get out at least. She cried out in pain when it came to her knowledge that one of her legs were injured. Just a large gash, nothing broken. She raced to the other side, some of the people from their cars coming out to help. She got him out of the car and then held him in her arms, tears in her eyes. "Josh...Josh no!" She cried, running her fingers over his eyes and when they closed and didn't open, she burried her head face into his neck and cried, holding him close. some people tried to get her to part from him. She didn't though. She tried to give him CPR that maybe he was unconcious and unable to breathe. It was then that people took her away fromhis body, to calm her and make sure she didn't do anything stupid.

(awe) Josh was dead by the time she had gotten to him and his body lay limp in her arms. At least it was him that died and not her. If she died and he lived he would not be able to live with himself and would probably end up killing himself anyway. The CPR did not help since his neck was broke but the paramedics tried. Two ambulances came and took one of them. The CPR continued hoping for some kind of response from him but nothing.

A call came to her twin brother saying that she was in the hospital. His heart broke and he started to get his stuff together so he would be able to go see her.

(Can her brother tell her the news? Also can she take everything out on her brother?

[yeah. or instead of taking it out on him she could vent out how it was all her fault. taht she blamed herself for Josh's death]

From all the crying and the face that she actually had a minor concussion she fainted in one of the men's arms who pulled her away from josh's body. If anything now, when she would wake, she wouldn't remember that he was dead, taht she saw him dead. It overwhelmed her so much. she lost a lot of blood from the wound on her leg that when she came to, she saw a couple of blood packs connected to her to revive the loss. She had a bandaged cast around her leg that had the long and deep gash.

Once she came to, her vision was blurry and she had a light bandage wrapped around her head for the small bruise on her forehead. For some reason she didn't get the worst of the accident shwon on her body. considering that the car toppled on her side and then continued rolling until was only resting upside down. Once she realized where she was, it flew by her at what actually happened. her body was too sore from everything to move and once again she began to panic.

(She could also think that he would die to and be worried. You know call him every hour and what not)
Matt had rushed to the hospital and made it there in 20 minutes when it should have taken 30. He ran over to the reception desk and asked for her room number. The nurse took him aside and told him what had happened and about her boyfriend. Tears filled his eyes when he heard everything and he was taken to her room. Two knocks were heard and then he slowly walked into the room now with no tears. "Sis?" He asked quietly.

[yeah. paranoia]

Her breathing became rather quick and when she heard the knocks and then saw her brother, she looked at him. "Matt. Why am I here? What happened? Where's Josh. Tell me he's okay. He's okay right? Right?" She asked, looking at him, so much hope in her eyes that her love was alive and well. "Why am I here?" She asked softly, trying to sit up a little bit, wincing a lot.

Matt walked in slowly knowing he would have to tell her. Maybe he could postponed it a little until he knew how to tell her. "You were in a car crash and your car toppled over." He walked over to her and tears filled his eyes again. "I'm so glad your ok." He whispered taking her hand in his and sat on the bed.

Skyler slowly started to calm down as he told her. She bit her lower lip hard and nodded. "W-What about Josh? I can see that I'm okay but what about Josh?" She asked, her voice breaking again. He had to be fine. Nothing could kill him, nothing could hurt him. He was her superman. He was invincible.

Matt sighed knowing there was no way around it. "Skyler, Josh was hurt pretty badly." He wrapped his arms around her incase she started to freak at least she would be in his arms,

Skyler started breathing hard again and she held onto him tightly and looked at him. "B-But he's okay right? Right?!" She asked, swallowing hard, her vision blurrying due to the tears building up. "Tell me he's okay Matt...Please..." She sniffled.

Matt gripped her gently incase she got hurt from his hug. Taking a deep breath he started. "He broke his neck Sky. He did not make it." Sky was the nickname is always called her.

The minute he said that, she breathed hard and gripped his sleeves tightly. "No...No..." she swallowed hard, those tears running down her cheeks now. she sniffled and looked away, trying not to cry hysterically, not allowing herself to let the emotions out completely. She was shaking though. She wanted to so badly but she wouldn't allow herself, something she was known for. Other than being more known as Sky, she was even known well for bottling everything up. But never around her brother and Josh but now she didn't want to let it go. Looking back at him, more tears ran down her pale cheeks but she remained non-hysterical. "It's m-my fault...I killed him. I brought this on him...."

He allowed her to grip his sleeve and allowed her to cry. One thing he always taught her was to never hold tears in. "I'm sorry Sky, let it out." He whispered to her knowing she liked to keep things bottled up inside of her. A few moments later he slowly pulled away from her and looked at her. "You did not know this was going to happen and it's not your fault. Don't you dare say that." (I have to go soon. I will post once more after you post)>

Sky shook her head and she sniffled and looked down. She wasn't going to allow herself to cry like a baby. She was twenty years old and twenty year olds didn't cry like a baby. Even if their loved one died. She furrowed her eyebrows even more and covered her face. She couldnt hold it. She loved Josh with all her heart and knowing she could have prevented this, it killed her. She sniffled and wiped her eyes, trying to calm down. "No, no I could have prevented his death. I could have let him drive. He was a better driver than and knowing him he probably would've take the local route rather than the high way given the weather conditions." She shook her head. "Matt it's my fault. I shouldn't have--" she shook her head covering her mouth and let out a deep exhale, unable to stop her tears, her crying.

[aww okies. i like this rp a lot btw]

(Sorry but I work earlier today and I have to go I will post tomorrow)

Matt sighed knowing she would blame herself but it was not her fault. "Sky you would never have known this was going to happen. If you let him drive you might have ended up dead instead of him." Matt did not really like Josh and it showed especially now. "The rain alone could have put you into a car crash. This was not your fault." He whiped her tears away with his fingers.

[oh no no don't worry about it. ]

Sky looked at him and she pushed him away. "Of course you'd say that!" she yelled. "You never liked him! You don't even know how well he treated me, how much he loved me, everything!" she screamed. She let out deep breaths and swallowed hard. "Anything you say will not make me feel better. Unless you know how to bring him back, then shut up!" she cried.

(I'm back)

He winced as she pushed him away and when he started yelling at him. "Even so it was not your fault." He wished he knew how to make her believe it was not her fault.

[yay!! -huggles]

Sky looked at him and she calmed down. oce she was for sure calmed, she looked at him and sighed. "I'm sorry. Just...I know you never liked him so when you say this stuff, it doesn't help." she siad in an almost monotone. "I loved him. And I want him back, okay? And I'm sorry that I think it's my fault but it just feels that way." She sniffled, wiping her eyes, looking down.

(*hugs*)

He sighed stopping from telling her that it was not her fault even though it wasn't. "It's alright I understand that this is how you feel and I will be here for you ok?" He said to her and wrapped his arms around her shoulders in a hug.

She nodded and she leaned into him in his arms and sighed softly. She closed her eyes and gripped his shirt as she let out the last few of her tears that would come out for this moment and then pulled back. "I should sleep. rest even." she siad softly and nodded. "Do you know when I will get to go home?" She asked.

Back
Top Bottom