Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Random Fact About You.

Status
Not open for further replies.
*rubs temples* Seriously, I swear to God if I was a mod then you both would be in danger of getting a ban right now. As it is, I advise you to quit your bitching and take it to PVP or PM before a mod actually does ban you two.

Bast the Cat Goddess said:
Mr Master said:
Bast the Cat Goddess said:
It is still your thread, Luna.
There's that "ownership" fallacy again.

Threads take flight with a life of their own the instant you hit "Submit," people. 'Bout the only thing you can do to affect it is change the name.

And that's a fact!
Opinion is opinion.

Author: Luna

Fact.
Well, yeah, she wrote the initial post and pressed "Submit." But what practical influence can she exert on the thread now other than change the title? Can she eliminate posts? Can she delete the thread as a whole? Can she do anything but post same as anyone else and change the title if she wants to? On a BBS, "ownership" is a tricky thing, and permissions on this board make it a negligible concern at best.

Threads are fire and forget. You get to shape the first post, and after that, your influence is sharply limited. People who recognize some nebulous sense of ownership, that's their call. But something like this is greater than the person who started it. Threads are made to start discussion, but they're lines of communication, not jealously-guarded fiefdoms. Who "owns" a conversation? Just the people who participate in it, really, and they do it mutually. The only way you can "own" a conversation is to be the only one having it, and what fun is that? I've got 419 posts on this thread, including this one. I'm curious about other people's stats; who else owns a chunk of this thread, and how big a chunk?

I like Luna, and I give her respect when our paths cross. But I don't believe anyone "owns" threads, not me, not her, not anyone. Well, the owner of the board as a whole, but that's it. And so when someone says it as if it means something, I feel compelled to comment.

That's just the facts about me, I guess.

Fact: This threat and the forums as a whole were much more peaceful while Luna was not posting in it.

Anyone else notice that?

I was adopted my parents did not die.

She was just pointing out that she was adopted because of lose not because her parents where twats like mine.

Fact: Adoption is a tragedy now? See, I thought it was a fact of life. Never mind. I'm just going to move on. My actual fact is; I need a new damned job. > <

Fact: I once made out with my friends girlfriend, in his shower, while he was there...

And then my retard friend STAYED in the shower... (not him the other guy there) and so my original friend didn't get laid.

He was PISSED.

Fact: I get my gull bladder removed at the end of the month.

Whoopee?

Fact: If Luna responds to bullshit again, I'll have Bast rape her with a fifteen inch strapon. :-|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom