Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Time Masters (Grave x Wiki)

Ken nodded.

"Yeah, alright. See you at school tomorrow."

After Rin had left, he sat down on the bed. He was still having a hard time believing that such crazy superpowers existed. What did all of this mean?

---

That evening, Alex sat across from President Nanari as they had a private meeting. The young man was less than pleased.

"I told you that hired thugs were not going to be enough to handle a Time Master."

"I suppose you were right," Nanari sighed.

"Did they at least find out who the other Time Master is?"

"There were several developments on that front."

President Nanari produced two photographs and set them on his desk. They were of a young man and young woman of high school age.

"The boy is named Ken Toyama. He is the Time Master that you have been sensing. It seems that he can stop time with a ring that he wears."

"And the girl?"

"Her name is Rin Ishizuki. She seems to be a Time Master, as well. Strangely, she does not seem to possess a Time Artifact."

"Both of them are students at Hibiya High School?"

"Correct. I had Erika hack their files to get their home addresses."

Alex stood up.

"I'll be handling this myself. I'll need a doctor's note excusing me from school tomorrow."

"Consider it done."

Alex nodded and left the Chairman's office. He would need to make a plan for confronting these Time Masters.

She knew that someone a lot higher up sent them for a reason and they would already know about the failure when they were caught at school earlier. She took a hit, the smoke slowly rising out as the girl sighed feeling the sweetness of the flavor and the slight buzz with a chuckle.

“ didn’t know they would find me sooner…” putting her hood up as she walked down the street but stopping at a small restaurant to get something.

The next morning, Ken went to school and entered class. He saw Rin and she seemed fine, so he guessed that nothing had happened since they parted ways the previous night. Class proceeded as normal. When it was lunch time, Ken took his bento and headed for the roof. As he was headed that way, however, he heard his name being called out. Turning around, he was surprised to see a foreigner the size of an NFL linebacker approaching him.

“Give me the ring!” Alex demanded.

Ken’s eyes widened and he twisted the ring to stop time. Panic ensued when Alex kept moving forward, albeit more slowly. He was a Time Master, too!

“That trick won’t work on me,” Alex sneered.

Ken turned and ran for the roof.

“You’re not getting away!”

Alex took out his Time Pocket Watch and opened the side that put time on fast forward. He was moving a little faster, but was still slowed down by Ken’s time stopping power.

“Get back here, you annoying asshole!”

Alex continued to chase Ken up the stairs until they reached the roof. The American smirked, knowing that he had his quarry trapped.

She could hear the yelling somewhere nearby, seeing a flash of two pairs of legs running before she started to run for it. “ I really need a damn break after this.” A red aura appearing again a few seconds when she started to run before she felt stopped for a second seeing it was another time stop.

She would finally appear behind the two others with a stretch. “ jeez you got me running but also what’s up bitches!” Putting her arms on either side with hands into fists like she was powering up before her stand appeared now. “ king crimson…”

Alex turned as Rin appeared.

"You...You're the girl with the strange time powers."

She summoned an unusual humanoid that seemed to be called 'King Crimson'. The American knew that he had a fight on his hands now.

"I'll beat down anyone who gets in my way!"

He took a Muay Thai stance and prepared for battle.

From a young age, Alex had studied martial arts and fighting. He was proficient in Muay Thai, Boxing, Wrestling, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and street fighting. He had learned all of these styles just in case he ever needed to defend himself. All of this training also helped in using brute force to get his way. Being as big as he was, he could use all of his martial arts to devastating effect. All of this combined with his time powers meant that Alex was one hell of a dangerous opponent.

Ken was relieved to see Rin but also scared for her. He could feel in his gut that this foreigner was no joke. Just as the young man worried, they were dealing with worse than armed men. He needed to let Rin know before it was too late.

"Rin, watch out! He's a Time Master, too!"

“ and does a king care about whoever the hell wants to challenge them!” Showing off some of her hard ass personality. Her face turned into an unknown sense of sudden annoyance and rage almost like she was a different person. “ I would kill someone who gets in my damn way.” Not knowing if it was just to be scary or just another dark side of her that only a few people could see normally if they watched her enough.

“ well we’re all psychos anyway….” Giving a stretch as she pulled out what looked like a small pink colored plastic bottle before putting it to her mouth and blowing smoke after a moment along with floating rock or it would look like it if they couldn’t see the figure but just her stand holding it before it was suddenly thrown at the boy, disappearing for a moment and reappearing a bit closer as she used her time stop to cut out 10 seconds of distance.

Alex was unsure what to make of the sudden display of irritation and rage from Rin. Was it legit? Or was it just an act to try and intimidate him? Either way, he wasn't going to back down. He had worked too hard to get to this point. He wasn't about to be run off now.

He watched with suspicion as Rin pulled out a small pink plastic bottle. All of a sudden, something was hurling at him. Alex dodged it with his excellent reflexes, but he knew that was no ordinary attack.

That object was traveling much too fast to have just been thrown. She used some kind of time power.

Alex knew that he had to counter before another attack came his way.

Using his Time Pocket Watch, he was able to fast forward time. Shooting forward with speed, he was up close to Rin. Using his background in Muay Thai, he began throwing a flurry of jabs, hooks, and uppercuts. Up close like this, it would be difficult for Rin to use that weapon. Her powers were mostly unknown, so it was best to take her out quickly. If he did that, he could take Ken's Time Ring at his leisure.

“ ahhh argh!!” Taking the hits as she fell back before she moved her leg back and the red arms of the stand moved to block some of the hits after finally realizing what happened as she did take 3-4 of the hard hits before “teleporting” back with her time. “ didn’t think you would be so rough like that boy…” obviously making a weird joke for the moment.

“ king crimson!!” Charging in as her hair flowed to the side, though only to her she could see her hair like a canvas and see the next 10 seconds of his actions and she could easily erase the time she needed including when he was about to teleport and shut it down for the moment. She moved to attack though also using her erasure to have her fists land closer and erase the time it would take for her fist to travel through the space between them and closer to his body.

Alex ignored her taunting and continued to throw punches at her. The strange humanoid figure that she wielded was blocking some of his shots, but he was undeterred. If he could blast through the guard, he would try to land a shot to put her down. While he didn't normally like throwing hands at a woman, Rin was definitely no average woman. If he went easy on her due to her sex, he could get badly hurt. He would have to fight with all he had if he wanted to get his way.

As the fighting continued, Alex felt himself forced back by punches that were thrown.

What in the world? I couldn't even see those. She must be using a trick.

Alex grinned at her.

"You're going to have to do better than that if you want to beat me!"

That was when he suddenly felt an impact on his back.

"What the--!"

Ken scrambled around on Alex's back. He was trying to get a chokehold on the giant while being resisted. Even though he wasn't very successful, he was still distracting the American.

"Rin, hit him now!"

“ why don’t you fuck off.” The red aura around her growing like a flame with being annoyed as she jumped at him in a rush with her stands fist moving back as it charged before the barrage. She just stood back a bit just watching now, grey smoke coming from her mouth as she had it in her mouth again.

Alex took the barrage of punches and flew back through the fence of the school. Ken barely managed to get off of his back in time to climb back onto the roof. The American continued to fall but used the rewind feature of his Pocket Watch to grab onto a ledge. This allowed him to safely drop down to the ground. Looking up, Alex scowled. His plan was ruined for now, but he would try again later.

After Alex took off, Ken turned to Rin.

"I don't think that's the last we've seen of him. I'm just glad we got out of that one."

He began heading back downstairs. There was no way to answer anyone's questions.

"Thanks for having my back back there," he said to Rin.

She didn’t really say anything than have the sadistic grin especially the FACT that a full barrage landed on someone like him that wasn’t ordinary either. It seemed like a rush to land something very strong but also be someone completely dominant in a fight.

Rin didn’t respond either as she turned and walked with a sigh to calm down and actually have a normal look on her face before going back outside and sitting down for a smoke. “ need to go back there for this.” Seeing she would need to buy another before just looking out with another blow of smoke.

Ken went back to where Rin was. He couldn't tell exactly what was going on with her.

"Are you doing okay?"

The battle with the large American had been intense, but they had weathered the storm okay. Rin had more than held her own and he was impressed.

"That King Crimson sure comes in handy."

Rin looked over then back out but didn’t really do anything than her phone still. “ yeah it’s fine.” Replying as she didn’t feel like saying much and it wasn’t really anything special anyway. “ so you followed though.” Also pointing the fact of why he did after this. “ shit I wonder if that band shit is still today though…” wondering if she would have to go and the fact about playing her weird songs for practice or just something to have fun with.

“ well now I’m fucked with that guy chasing me because of you.” Helping anyway because it would probably be something bad if that guy actually did what he wanted.

Last edited:
Ken nodded.

"That's good."

He nodded again.

"Yeah, I was worried about you. I don't know if that guy was willing to kill us or not, but he sure put up a fight. That whole situation was risky for both of us."

His curiosity was piqued.

"I didn't know you were in band class. I wouldn't mind to hear you play sometime."

He chuckled apologetically.

"Sorry about that. I didn't mean to get you involved in all of this."

Ken fingered his dad's ring.

"I don't know why they want this ring so badly, but if they're willing to go to these kinds of lengths to get it, it can't be for any good reason. Besides, magic time powers or not, this is all I have left of my dad. I won't let anyone take that from me."

Armed men and foreign giants were scary, but Ken wasn't going to back down. He would fight them however he could.

Ken began heading for the roof exit.

"We should get back to class. If anyone sees that hole in the fence, they're bound to ask questions. I don't know about you, but I don't feel like explaining things. I doubt they would believe us anyway."

He began heading downstairs for afternoon class.

Again she didn’t really care much about it also the fact that what happened happened and that was it. “ always someone gonna be observant of everyone.” The fact that they would know about her eventually even if she was the only one and he didn’t have powers. She would move to walk down though disappear a feet or two before the door as she used it to skip the seconds she would to get through the door hating a bit how he was so obvious sometimes.

The rest of the day passed by with no incident. At the end of the day, Ken got his stuff and left school. As he was on his way home, a hand reached out and seized his shirt. Feeling himself be thrown, Ken barely stayed on his feet. Alex was back and had cornered Ken on a park basketball court. The large American cracked his knuckles and looked ready to do serious damage.

"That bitch hits like a truck, but I've had worse. She's not here to save you this time."

He rushed forward and threw a right hook aimed at Ken's face. The smaller man just barely managed to dodge it. Ken twisted his ring with a cold sweat beginning. He knew it was the only way that he stood a chance against Alex.

Ken dodged away from his punches and kicks. Although a Time Master himself, Alex could not use the full speed of his Time Pocket Watch. The energy of the Time Ring was simply interfering too much. Ken got away from the fence and ran out of the basketball court. Alex tried to pursue, but his slowed speed made it impossible. Ken rounded the corner and disappeared from sight, leaving Alex cursing behind him.

Rin sat down usually, though standing again as she went for her locker for her guitar bag or more like a bass that was inside. Turning, she would see the obvious flyers against the wall though one of the obvious ones being an open musician tryout sort of things to just show off. “ well shit but my bass might still suck…” never seeing herself as good anyway. Again she would come back outside to sit but not really do much for now before actually leaving now.

Over the course of the following week, Alex hounded Ken. He tried attacking him several times, but he could never even lay a finger on him. The interference of his Time Stop kept him elusive. Ken had done his best to keep Rin out of the fray. So far, he had done a good job eluding his pursuer. However, he couldn't count on being able to run away from him forever.

That following week, Ken signed up for the school Karate Club. He wanted to learn how to defend himself if he needed to. He didn't know if Karate alone would work against that beast of a foreigner, but he had to try. Having never done martial arts before, it was a hard start. However, he was determined to stick it out. Even a little self-defense knowledge was better than none at all.

Meanwhile, a mysterious young man had just arrived in the city. He had come by plane from Italy, having sensed a congregation of Time Masters all in one place. Fingering the Time Artifact in his pocket, he smiled.

"This will be perfect. I should get all that I need from them."

With a plan in mind, he disappeared into the city.

Rin hadn’t been up to really much in the week besides the random attacks and the fact that she was aware of alot more, but it wouldn’t stop her from trying to live her own carefree life for now. She slipped her earphones for music as she walked down the street, seeing a slight sunset with the wind blowing through her hair. “ you got me sleep me talkin in the night yeah sleep talkin oh that’s right yeah…you got me feelin so right…” singing a part just mostly walking without really a direction.

Having just finished school, Ken was on his way home. He hadn't been able to find Rin, but that wasn't unusual. They were friends, but only in the loosest sense of the word. He didn't know anything about her family and vice versa. The young man was open to getting to know her better, but her standoffish nature made that a little difficult. Having gained confidence through his time in the Karate Club, though, he figured he would soon try to do that.

These thoughts vanished when he caught sight of Alex waiting for him down the street. Ken sighed in annoyance. Having been chased by this guy constantly, he was less afraid of him now and more just tired of him. Ken approached him and stared directly into his face.

"Give it up, Alex. I'm not giving you my dad's ring."

"No chance. I want that ring and I won't stop until I get it."

"Why do you want my dad's ring so badly?"

"That's none of your business. Just make it easy on yourself and hand over the ring."

Ken sighed, seeing that the conversation was going nowhere.

Reaching for his ring, he was about to stop time again. However, this time, Alex was prepared for that. Before Ken could twist the ring, Alex opened the front of his Time Pocket Watch. This game him enough of a speed boost that he could shoot forward, grab Ken by the throat, and disappear down an alley before anyone noticed. Tossing Ken to the ground, he cracked his knuckles.

"That trick's not gonna work this time, punk."

Ken got to his feet and entered a Karate stance. Alex laughed derisively.

"Props for showing guts, but trust me, kid, you got no chance. Whatever you think you know, I know way more."

Ken threw a front snap kick aimed at Alex's solar plexus. The larger man easily dodged it, spun around, and planted a kick above Ken's left knee.

Ken cried out and fell to the ground clutching his leg. He had never been kicked there before and was squirming in pain.

"Yeah, that hurts like a bitch, doesn't it? I could have broken your leg, but I'm a nice guy. Just give me the ring and this never has to happen again."

Alex was reaching for the ring when his attention was grabbed by a sudden exclamation.

"Hello, mi amicos," came a voice from above that was speaking Japanese with an Italian accent.

Above them, on a rooftop, was a young Italian man staring down at them. He was all smiles, looking totally relaxed.

"I'm so glad I found two Time Masters in one place. That saves me the hassle of looking all over for you. I wonder if you signores might do me a favor?"

Alex was less than amused by this sleazeball that was interrupting his acquisition of the Time Ring.

"Beat it, ravioli. I'm busy here."

Unperturbed, the young man continued to smile down at them.

"My name is Ezio Balducci. If you two would kindly hand over your Time Artifacts, I would be happy to get out of your hair."

Rin would turn the corner and see the two familiar guys. “ for fucks sake what the fuck.” Giving a long sigh as they knew she was here now and who she was. putting her black hood up which was black and also had ears at the top and a bit of makeup on her eyes and cheeks but not too much even if the colors did stand out.

“ well if you girls wanna fight it out.” Taking the chance to make fun of them because she could. Turning to start walking again but not caring for the third guy on the top also the fact that for the moment he didn’t know anything about her. Now it was just waiting to see if Ken would turn on her or do something like tell the new guy she had a power.

Ezio turned his attention to the new girl that appeared. He could sense that she was also a Time Master. However, something about her was different. Her time power didn't originate from an item like the two young men in front of him. This was quite interesting, and he regarded her with a smile.

"Leaving so soon, signora?"

He moved closer to the roof corner so that he had a better bead on her.

"Your power is most unusual. I haven't seen its like before. However, like all time powers, it is powered by Time Crystals. Do me the kindness of surrendering the Time Crystals within your blood. The process may be painful, but I promise it will be a one time occurrence."

“So another one to fuck with.” Crossing her arms. “ maybe if you didn’t say you would do it like that.” Making the obvious joke about it. “ actually was when they were fighting outside.” Crossing arms now though having her earphones in she would sing a beginning part as a new song came on. “ say I’m the best and bow to your princess number 1, you should know that I get my way each morning, noon, night, and dayyyyy…..ok?” Giving a teasing wink and treating the guys like her servants.

“ fucking hell though your gonna make me more hungry beating your ass.” As she had a red aura before just an arm appeared, moving down to pick a random small rock and throw it up at him like a missile.

Last edited:
Ezio sensed the power flaring within the young woman. He dodged the rock thrown at him, though it had been close.

"I see that you are much more powerful than you appear. Very well. I'll be taking the gloves off, then."

He took out his Time Artifact, an hourglass, and turned it upside down.

After he had done so, the three other Time Masters in the vicinity would feel a strange sensation. They would feel not right, as if they were slightly dizzy or nauseous. The stand arm that had thrown the rock would disappear and she would not be able to summon another one. Ezio pointed his hourglass at Rin and took hold of one end.

"You should have made it easy on yourself, foolish child. Now you have forced my hand."

Ezio opened one end of the Time Hourglass. Immediately, Rin would feel pain as the Time Crystals in her blood were being sucked into the Hourglass like a vacuum. Ken was alarmed and twisted his ring to stop time, but nothing happened.

"What?!"

Unbeknownst to all but Ezio, his Time Hourglass was temporarily jamming all other time powers within one hundred miles of his location. Until the last grain of sand fell in the hourglass, all other Time Artifacts and powers were useless.

Ken tackled Rin out of the path of the Time Hourglass. Ezio scowled in annoyance.

"You fools are beginning to irritate me."

Ken was alarmed as he helped Rin to her feet.

"We have to get out of here! He's way too powerful for us to fight!"

Back
Top Bottom