Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Guns and Roses [AU: Yusuke X Kurama]

Yusuke's smile didn't faulter as Kurama got closer. He wasn't sure how something so small had made him feel so much better for the moment, but he wasn't questioning it. Mostly because he was distracted with a very beautiful view of his vulpine lover crawling toward him across the bed and he was absolutely enamored by it. The peck he gave in return to the one given to him was almost automatic really. Probably because he was expecting a little more than a peck with the thoughts that crossed his mind when he watched that sexy body crawling at him like that.

But his boyfriend went and changed the subject. Through a couple a blinks Yusuke's smile faded away back to the one that had just been mentioned as he suddenly felt the need to avoid eye contact as a guilty conscious took over. "Actually, yeah," he mentioned heavily.

With a small sound, Kurama sat back on his heels and watched as Yusuke's expression change. "Would you care to elaborate?"

Selfish. Yusuke was totally selfish. With Kurama right there in front of him now, he couldn't help himself. Even if he didn't deserve it.

A desperate look crossed his face as he leaned forward and wrapped his arms tightly around Shuichi's chest. The hold he took was just as desperate as that look, his fingers coiling in the fabric of his uniform as he buried his face into his chest. "No," he pouted out childishly as he leaned forward in the slightly awkwardly hunched position he'd put himself into and nuzzled his face against him.

There it was. What he'd been looking for. He just wished the look Yusuke was giving him wasn't such a pained one. His expression was warm as he wrapped his arms loosely around his partner's shoulders. "I won't force you," he assured, his fingers delving into Yusuke's slicked back hair to offer his scalp soothing pets. Much the way he had for Puu just moments before. He added on lightly, playfully, "But I may become offended. I've come home to find you sleeping in my bed, and you still have yet to offer me a proper greeting."

Relief washed over him as he was told he wouldn't be forced. But he was going to have to tell him sooner rather than later anyway. Still, it felt nice.

Yusuke shook his head, but kept to nuzzling as he did so. "Don't deserve it," he muttered, huffing a sigh and turning to bury his face in the fabric to enjoy the attention he was receiving that he also probably didn't deserve at the moment.

"What?" Now that he was not expecting. His petting stopped for but a moment before continuing as it had before. A frown tried to pull on his lips, but he kept his face soft, and his voice warm. "I don't understand." He was just about to ask why, but stopped himself short. The reason was whatever it was that was eatting his detective up inside. Despite his worry for Yusuke, another twisted his stomach in a slight pain. Perhaps the boy's plight had to do with them. "Have I done something to upset you?" He hadn't meant to say it aloud.

"What?!" Yusuke popped up from his hunched position instantly, though didn't let go of his hug. "No way. It's nothing like that," he promised smoothly. He did manage a reassuring smile before it fell and his chin tilted downward. That guilty look returned as he peeked up at the redhead from under his lashes. "I'm the one who doesn't deserve it," he added with that pout back on his lips.

With a sigh, he decided it might be best to just go ahead and tell his boyfriend what happened. "I think you're gonna be mad is all," he offered openly as he searched through those pretty forest green eyes looking back at him. "But I'll go ahead and tell you..." Still, he couldn't help but hesitate.

Kurama jumped a bit and his eyes widened, but he relaxed quickly enough. That twinge in his belly, however, only got tighter as he looked down into that guilt ridden look being so meekly given to him. He had to consciously stop his mind from wandering. To keep his imagination from running wild with scenario after scenario. It was difficult. And a few of those pessimistic ideas managed to skip passed his defenses when Yusuke hesitated. They all centered around one thought. Keiko.

"You know..." He started, turning his head to not just look away from Yusuke, but attempt to hide his face. He pulled his hands away from Yusuke, and with his right he flipped his hair just slightly in a dismissive manner. "If you've realized your affections lay elsewhere, I would understand." He was such a good liar. "What we have began under terrifying circumstances, and escalated rapidly. It's perfectly reasonable for you to want to explore your desires with others. So if you spent your day with... Someone else, it would be unfair of me to be cross with you. Besides, we never did specifically state that we would be mutually exclusive." He was rambling. Kurama didn't ramble and yet the words just refused to stop. "If you would rather be with someone else, you need only say so."

Yusuke tilted his head in an attempt to catch Kurama's gaze, but it seemed the teen was having none of it as he began to speak. But still Yusuke caught on on some level. He didn't catch that Shuichi was rambling, but he caught on to the slight distress in his tune despite not fully processing it. What came as a result was a need he tended to feed often enough. The need to tease and taunt. Once he was finished a devious smile crossed his face. "Oh. Well. As a matter of fact, I did have a cute little thing in my arms for half the day," he boasted gracelessly.

Granted, he followed it up quickly with a warm chuckle and a matching turn of his lips as he leaned forward and tightened his hold on the taller male just a bit. "But if you're gonna get jealous of Puu now too we might start to have a serious problem."

The beginnings of a preen fizzled out when that crude gloat was followed by Yusuke's playful chuckle. He peeked back down at his boyfriend and relaxed fully at that devious smile being sent his way. Kurama did, however, tense in a sharp, surprised bounce before he opened his mouth in a jovial laugh. "Oh, Yusuke," he scolded playfully through short breaths, his laughter gradually calming. "I suggest you tell me what is actually bothering you. Otherwise my imagination may run wild again."

Kurama returned his arms to their place around Yusuke's shoulders. "And I would rather not look the fool a second time."

Yusuke wanted so badly to just lean back into his foxy human and refuse all over again, but it would honestly just be best to rip off the band aid and get it over with. He would miss the touch. He nodded, his smile fading into a pout and guilty eyes peeking off in a direction that ended up landing them on Puu just for which way they went. The little creature looked as worried as he felt at the moment and he hated that about him.

"Yeah okay," he muttered huffily. Then simply told him. "I got kicked out of school." It was easier to say than he thought. But without permission his grip on uniformed cloth grew tighter still, a reflex in not wanting the redhead to pull away from him this time.

The continued hesitation, however slight, was terribly uncomfortable. Yusuke's guilty expression, and the worried look on the little penguin, was only increasing his concern. What could Yusuke have possibly done to garner such fear? There couldn't be much, and that grew rapidly in those few seconds; enough so, that when the reasoning was finally reveled, Kurama let out a bark of laughter. He didn't want to, Yusuke shouldn't be laughed at at the moment, but the relief he felt at the simple answer that was just so very Yusuke.

To make up for the undeserved response, Kurama wrapped his arms tighter around his detective and lowered his head to press his nose into gelled hair. "How cruel, Yusuke," he started with a hard huff of a breath to calm it. "Worrying me like that over nothing. I was beginning to think you had done something truly terrible."

Yusuke was left to blink out his shock at being laughed at and pulled into a hug. It wasn't anywhere near the response he expected. Neither were the words that were offered to him in return for the news. He honestly wasn't sure what he was expecting fully, but that sure as Hell wasn't it. He couldn't even hug back.

"Hey this is serious," he told him defensively. "I'm kicked out for good this time, you know. It's not like usual."

Kurama calmed into a gentle hum and slowly pulled away, but only enough to be able to look down at him. "Forgive me, I'm simply relieved; though, I am rather confused. You hate school, I would think being free of it would make you happy." He paused for a moment. "And, on that note. Why would you think I'd be angry with you?"

Yusuke poked his nose into the air. He would have crossed his arms if they weren't already occupied at the moment. "Ch. I don't care about school obviously," he boasted pridefully.

But he turned that guilty look back on the fox after his own pause, and his lips pinched together lightly as he offered a bit of a shrug. "But you do."

Kurama began running the tips of his fingers through Yusuke's gelled hair to lightly scratch at his scalp. "That is true. I take great care to keep up with my studies, but I'm still not quite sure," he paused for a moment, then let out a soft, amused sound through his nose. "I did not pursue you for your academic prowess, Yusuke. You have no reason to worry."

Here he was being told it was just fine and dandy. So why didn't it feel that way? Well, he knew why. "Yeah, but..." A bit of a flush brushed over his nose as he thought about the night before and how good it felt to be praised by the redhead sitting so close in front of him. "You acted so proud of me last night." And here he had let him down less than a day later. He didn't say that part.

He didn't want to sound like he was pushing Shuichi to be mad at him at this point because he wasn't. He was just expecting something so much different because of it. It was something he'd been stewing in all day at this point. Plus, he was a little too ashamed to put that bit into words after already making his confession to being expelled. Besides, he figured it was probably implied.

There was a short pause in Kurama's gentle petting, during which he turned his head to try and catch a better look at his boyfriend's face. His previous amusement dropped, but his warm expression remained. "I was proud of you," he agreed. "And I still am. You gave a valiant effort, and I am sorry that it didn't amount to what you wanted it to."

His pout became ornery as he thought about that last bit. "Yeah, well the worst part is that I wasted so much time doing stupid homework after you left when I coulda been doing something fun instead," he huffed.

His puffy pouting paused as the hamster wheel in his head started turning properly and he fully caught up to what had just been said to him. Once again he sat back, this time landing a confused, somewhat lost look up on the redhead. "Hang on, what do you mean you're still proud of me? That doesn't make any sense. I royally screwed up. There's no making it up this time, and I got no one to blame but myself. How can you be proud of that?"

Kurama allowed his hands to fall away from Yusuke's hair to let him sit back comfortably. "Yes, you've made several mistakes," he agreed with a slight nod. "And if I understand things correctly, this was a 'Hail Mary,' as it were. It would have been much easier to 'do something fun,' but instead you put in a valiant effort even when there was no one around to push you. That is what I am proud of, and you will certainly not recieve any disappointment from me. Except, perhaps, on your behalf."

Yusuke couldn't stop the light blush that dusted over his face as he was praised all over again. Despite feeling bad about everything else, that and the recognition toward his hard work felt really good. He probably didn't deserve to feel so good about it, but for the moment that it consumed him he didn't really care. "Ch. As if. Why the Hell would I be disappointed? I could care less about school. Shove it for all I care," he boasted, poking his nose in the air with a smirk as he did so.

He chuckled lightly. "Because you worked hard for something, and it didn't work," he answered smoothly. "Whether you truly wanted to remain in school or not, something like that would cause anyone to feel at least some disappointment." A small smirk pulled at Kurama's lips, and he continued with comparatively dramatic sigh. "But if you'd prefer to deny it, I suppose I could shoulder the burden for you."

"Oh no you don't. you already said you weren't disappointed. you don't get to take it back now, Buddy." Yusuke chided, chuckling warmly. The grip he had on Kurama's clothing finally loosened as he let off that jovial laugh of his, the perfect stress reliever. "Geez, and to think I spent all day worrying for nothin'."

It didn't matter if his knowledgeable lover was right or not. Not in this moment. He very suddenly found himself feeling better. More importantly, he very suddenly found himself needing to feel better.

"You realize, you wouldn't have had to," he pointed out. Kurama shifted himself again, this time guiding Yusuke back onto the bed. He placed his hands beside Yusuke's shoulders on the mattress and leaned forward to hover over the detective, his crimson hair falling around them in a soft curtain. "I could have told you this at lunch," his tone was teasing, playful. "Had you not left me waiting on the roof top."

Yusuke quite easily followed the lead, first sliding back onto his elbows, then onto his back, a small flush blooming over the bridge of his nose. It was true. Yusuke could have saved himself miles of trouble today by showing up at Kurama's school instead of heading for his house to wait for him. He had no idea why he'd done so in the first place. He hadn't planned on skipping today though, so there was that. Then again, there was something to be said about the possibility of being kicked out for no good reason.

But then, there had actually been one this time. It was his own damned fault. Luckily he wasn't focusing on that train of thought at the moment. No, at the moment his train of thought was solely focused on the redhead looming over him so close and teasing him in that tone he was using. Not so much the words. "Yeah?" The question was cheeky as he brushed the back of his fingers over the smooth cheek of that pretty face while he looked it over. "What makes you think I'm smart enough to think of something that easy, hm? I'm the guy who can't even keep himself in school."

With a chuckle, he leaned up and pecked at the soft lips hovering over him, but backed off to lie back down on the bed, a devious glint in his eyes that beckoned his boyfriend to follow as he reached out and grabbed him by the waist.

Back
Top Bottom