Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Guns and Roses [AU: Yusuke X Kurama]

She couldn't help but openly laugh this time. He was just too cute, and his affection for Shuichi gave her such joy that it couldn't be contained in the polite giggles she'd given before. It was affection that she was now sure was more than just friendly. A mother's intuition was an amazing thing. "I will see you tonight, Yusuke. We're having pasta for supper," she insisted before continuing out the door.

It was only made worse when the sweet woman began giggling at him. He pouted, only blushing hard and looking away quickly to avoid eye contact with her before she very suddenly changed the subject. "Okay," he pouted grumpily before he realized what he was agreeing to. "Wait, what?" But she was out the door, and he was left blinking in confusion to piece together what had just happened to him.

He ended up closing the door behind her, forgetting his previous goal, and making his way up the stairs to Kurama's room after a few moments of hefty thought. It looked like he'd be staying for dinner after all, so he was stuck one way or another. When he got to the room and peeked in, he was lost his vision momentarily as his face was suddenly attacked.

"Puu! Puupuupuu puu!" The spirit beast clung to him for that moment before finding its rightful place atop his head while Yusuke had an absolute frantic fit of surprise.

"Dammit Puu," he complained loudly. Though he calmed down a moment later and pulled the beast into his arms. "You too, huh? Can't say I blame you, but we're gonna be waiting for him for a while still."

They ended up waiting on Kurama's bed. Yusuke tormented Puu for a little bit, but eventually they both settled down and laid together on the bed. The wait was long and they ended up dozing off together. And while the raven-haired teen wouldn't be caught dead doing so while he was awake, while sleeping he ended up curling up to his spirit beast.

So by the time Kurama did get home, Yusuke and Puu were cuddled up together in his bed sleeping. Though for Yusuke it wasn't exactly a sound sleep. His dreams calmed here and there, but a troubled mind didn't rest well and bad dreams were plaguing him. Every once in a while his eyebrows pinched together and a soft whine or whimper escaped him, there was a short turn of his head, or an uncomfortable roll of his shoulder.

He'd found himself feeling rather... lonely, that day. The monotony of human life had been, and still was, a treasure he would cherish for as long as it lasted. It wouldn't last long, he was sure. A blip in time that would seem so far away when it came to its inevitable end. He was clinging to it desperately, and yet, the second half of his calm day of school had been agonizing. Yusuke hadn't shown up for lunch, and that simple lack had forced the day to drag on at a painful pace; It was also what painted the downtrodden look on Kurama's face. It was ever so slight, but the fact that it showed through at all was a feat.

Kurama walked home at a casual stroll, holding his briefcase in his right hand, while the left rested in his pocket. His gaze was tilted up slightly, idly following the clouds as his mind wandered off yet again. This was getting bad. To lose his focus so quickly and so often was a striking red flag, and yet he couldn't stop thinking about his detective. Yusuke was nothing short of addictive; and that thought was proven by the hard spike of innocent desire set him into a preen when he walked in range of his boyfriend's energy.

He wouldn't admit that he sprinted the final block home.

The fox was quick and quiet in entering his home. He placed his bag beside Yusuke's before ascending the stairs. The far too happy look on his face dampened at the sound of a pitiful whimper. He turned the corner into his room, and a concerned frown pulled on his lips. Even the cute display of the 'big bad delinquent' cuddling with his spirit beast wasn't enough to lighten the mood.

"Yusuke," Kurama started gently as he moved over to his bed. He took a seat on the edge of it, careful not to jostle the distressed teen. He placed his palm over the detective's shoulder and gave it a firm squeeze. "Wake up Yusuke. You're dreaming."

Yusuke buried his face a bit into Puu's fur with another whine as his shoulder was given a squeeze, his face giving a scrunch as he was spoken to. A moment later sleepy eyes peeked open and turned up on his foxy human. And it only took a moment after that for a bubbly little smile to cross his face as he tilted his head away from the sleeping little beast in his arms.

"Hey," he mumbled tiredly. "About time you showed up." He shifted his arms just slightly to indicate Puu. "We were waiting for you for ever." He chuckled warmly at his tease.

His worry washed away when those big brown eyes blinked blearily up at him. It was replaced once more with a smile, though this one much more muted, and calm. It did get a slight bit brighter when he was given a happy grin in return. "You know," he chuckled in return. "You wouldn't have had to wait so long if you hadn't skipped out on our date." His tone was airy and playful.

"Our date?" Yusuke freed a hand to rub the sleep from his eyes before sitting up and placing Puu in his lap. He didn't remember having any date plans. Then again his mind was still groggy. and he'd been through a lot last night and this morning. Once couldn't exactly blame him for forgetting... If he ever understood at all, that is. After all, Kurama didn't exactly confirm with him before leaving him alone the night before.

Kurama slipped off the shoes he'd forgotten to take off at the door, and pulled his legs up onto the bed in delicate bend. "I'm guessing you forgot?" He let that sit for a second while he took in the absolutely adorable picture Yusuke and his spirit beast made. Then, he took in a long breath and let it out in a grateful sigh. "I'm relieved," he said, lifting a hand to his chest in a teasingly dramatic gesture. "I was worried your mother truly had drowned you."

Yusuke felt bad. Had he forgotten a date with Shuichi? His head tilted as he watched the exaggerated relief wash over his boyfriend. It made him laugh lightly.

That is until it clicked what Kurama had said to him just before he left. His laughed clipped off and he gave an almost horrified sounding "Oh shit." Not that he was horrified of Shuichi over forgetting the date; more like devastated that he did.

He tilted his chin down a bit and gave his boyfriend a sheepish peek from under his lashes. "Oh well..... I had lunch with your mom instead," he semi-boasted. Maybe that would make up for it. Kurama seemed to really want Yusuke and Shiori to get together and get to know each other better after all.

Kurama placed a hand on the mattress and leaned against it. All in all, the fox looked rather relaxed, and it made for a pretty picture. He perked up a bit when his mother was mentioned. He wasn't one to bounce around in excitement the way his partner tended to, but it showed clearly in the slight incline of his curious "Oh?" He even leaned forward, if only by a fraction. "How did it go?" So far, Yusuke had been uncomfortable around Shiori, and for obvious reason. She was motherly and kind. She offered affection in the form of gentle hugs and loving words. A beacon of warmth and safety that had to set off every single alarm bell in Yusuke's body. In time, he would come to learn that her intentions were pure, and her smiles were genuine; and perhaps it would come sooner, rather than later.

Oh good. He was definitely interested if nothing else. The redhead seemed to have a vested interest in Yusuke and Shiori's interactions, so Yusuke had been right when he assumed news about the two of them hanging out.

He looked down and Puu and started fidgeting lightly with its ears. "Well I'm staying for dinner, so I guess I did good." He mentioned lightly. "Really I kinda have to."

Kurama laughed lightly, his eyes curving and shoulders shaking. "Yes, that does sound like Mother." He started. "I assume you have no qualms with joining us. It will be nice to have you here."

He shook his head lightly. "No it's fine," he told him lightly. "The longer it takes me to get home the better." he chuckled lightly himself, knowing Kurama would understand why normally at least.

But that did bring up the thing he'd come to speak to his boyfriend about initially. A light pinch touched his lips as his fidgets with Puu grew a bit more... well, fidgety.

Something was definitely off about Yusuke. The detective was fidgeting around with the beast in his lap, pulling on Puu's nervously. "Yusuke, you're going to pull his ears off."

Yusuke blinked a bit and lifted his hands from their task. It was apparently then that Puu chose to wake. A light squeak of its name passed its beak as it first cuddled into Yusuke for a moment and blinked itself awake. Yusuke smiled down at the little guy, but didn't have the chance to stay that way for long, as Puu noticed Kurama not a moment later.

Just as Yusuke was about to pet into the soft tuft of familiar black hair Puu squealed happily ad popped up out of Yusuke's lap. "Wah!" The detective nearly fell back put.of surprise.

Puu was attached to Kurama's chest within a second, cooing and nuzzling against him. It made Yusuke smile warmly, forgetting his woes and what he was about to bring up all over again. "Toldja we were waiting forever," he teased warmly.

Kurama jumped in a slight start as Puu flew himself from Yusuke's lap and straight into his arms. However, his surprise faded quickly and melted into something soft and affectionate. He wrapped his arms loosely around the little creature, cupping its back in his right hand and petting the soft blue fur with his thumb in a return of affection. "I'm sorry to have kept you waiting Puu," he soothed.

He turned his back up to Yusuke, a playful tilt in his smile. "Should I expect such avid affections from you soon? I'll admit, I have missed your presence quite a bit as well."

Last edited:
Yusuke couldn't help but smile at the happy coo Puu gave with each pet he received. Yeah he was a little jealous he wasn't getting that attention, but did he really deserve it right now?

Kurama bringing up affections made Yusuke think of what Shiori said on her way out, shattering his thought process abruptly and garnering a light flush over his nose. "Speaking of," he mentioned lightly, missing the invitation, "I didn't know you told your mom about us."

Confusion pinched his thin, red brows. He expected his partner to pounce, but what he got instead was even odder than that. "What are you talking about, Yusuke? I haven't told Mother yet."

His head tilted its own confusion, which showed across his face. "Well she sure as Hell knows," he told him solidly. The flush returned, deeper this time. And moved his earlier forgets to his pants before mumbling. "She told me to give you a kiss."

Surprise colored his features before a heated flush did the same. "I... Well I suppose she is a very perceptive woman, but," he cleared his throat. "Would you mind repeating that last bit for me Yusuke? I believe misheard."

The color only grew worse on his face as he delivered the news louder this time. Perhaps a bit too loud. At least this time he did a bit better with context. Still, for Yusuke it was a humiliating concept. "She told me to give you a kiss for her when you got home, dammit."

Kurama was quiet for a moment, looking at Yusuke with wide eyes. He blinked at him several times before Kurama's lips pinched together and he turned his head away. He pulled a hand away from Puu to politely cover his mouth. His shoulders shook, and a quiet, but strange sound forced its way through his nose before he lost it. He burst out into laughter that, while contained, was boisterous for Kurama.

Yusuke blinked a few times himself when kurama started laughing. It sounded good. He liked it for the whole five seconds it took him to realize it was at his expense. Then he got prissy.

"Hey what's so damn funny huh?" The question was shot as Yusuke reached next to him and grabbed one of the pillows from beside him.

"I'll show you funny, jerk,c he teased as he tossed the pillow gently, but precisely, at the redheads face. Then he started a mocking 'laugh' of his own.

The poor little penguine was lifted up quickly and used to block the fluffy projectile. It couldn't have been very painful, but Puu's eyes still swirled and its name was chirped out in a dramatic wobble. "Who's a 'jerk,' Yusuke?" He asked through his continued chuckling. "Look what you've done to poor Puu."

Yusuke's mocking laugh bubbled into a snort, then the proper boisterous laughter that suited him so well.

"Wow that's really messed up," he jeered jovially.

Allowing his laughter to die down, Kurama set Puu on the bed and gave his little black tuft of hair a light pat. "Perhaps, but it served a good purpose," he chuckled back.

Kurama shifted his legs and leaned forward to crawl those few obnoxious feet between him and his boyfriend. "That laugh of yours, and your smile, are much more pleasing to the senses than the meloncholy pout you had before." He slid closer until he could tilt his head and press their lips together in a rather simple kiss. It didn't last long, but when he pulled back, it was only by a few inches. His tone, while concerned, was seasoned with a playful humor. "We are alone in my home, and have been sharing a bed for several minutes now; yet you've been keeping your hands suspiciously to yourself." He sat back a little before adding. "Is something bothering you, Yusuke?"

Back
Top Bottom