Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Dungeons and Dragons... Satan's Game! (3.5 ED)

Lawless

The Divine
Wanting to start a D&D campaign over Yahoo Messenger.

If you're interested, IM me. ipissat_you

Don't just add me, cause I won't know what you want if you do, so IM me and tell me. xD

Information is still sorely lacking to make a good character unless you're looking for basically faceless door kickers/murderers of different looking critters.

I bet the character I'd want to make would not be accepted because there is no PDF version of the books to pirate for that class (3rd party and a fairly small one at that which doesn't make PDFs because of pirates, and is actually oddly good at cracking down on people who try), and he probably doesn't have that book.

I didn't do max hp, I got the beguiler first level six, then rolled a five, four, four, three. If We are doing max I'd have...forty-four hpz. Wewt.

Amarillo Design Bureau Incorporated. Book is PD20, fully licensed, open game content, etc. But marketed for something other than generic fantasy/kick in the door stuff. But easily can adapt stuff from there into fantasy with almost no real changes. Least the Race/Class Combination I want to run. Hell, it's even decently balanced with most stuff. Little weaker than some things like Broken Monk combinations.... And yes, the book adds about another five or so Unarmed Combat Feats. As if monks don't already have more than they could possibly gain/use.

Ah, yeah, seems that the big reason why no one's pirated it successfully is that it has Paramount behind the product. Kinda a big dog, if ya ask me.

Well, any info is interesting, Arc. Spill beans or something. ;)

I don't have the book, but if you tell me the kind of abilities a pirate gets, I will approve or disapprove.

The Naga is 100% approved.

No max HP except for first lvl.

Actually they have a bit of hate and discontent with Paramount. Basically they got Grandfathered In by making a deal long before Paramount started getting really stingy with the rights. Paramount doesn't play nice with them, doesn't give them leeway, but can't take away the license like they've wanted to so they've been forced to help them out when it comes up. Least from what I gather.

Anyway, off chance that I actually get to play what I'm looking at? It's tweaked a bit for Progress Level differences.

Race would be Arcturian. +2 Dex, -2 Con. Small sized creature with the normal bonuses and penalties associated with it. Base land speed of 30 feet. Get the Racial Feats: Defensive Martial Arts (Gives a +1 dodge bonus in unarmed combat), and Combat Martial Arts (Unarmed attacks count as armed ala Improved Unarmed Strike, damage is 1d4 + Str modifiers). They get Low Light Vision, Automatic Language: Arcturian, Bonus: Common, and one other of choice.

Was thinking of doing a Kzinti or a Gorn for a moment because I've wanted to do that one as well, but decided not to.

Class was chosen in part because you did mention firearms and that sort of militia formation character appeals to me. Class in this book fits it nicely.

Marine:
Hit Dice: d8s, Class Skills: Climb, Craft, Alchemy, Ride, Gather Information, Handle Animal, Jump, Listen, Profession, Read/Write Language, Scent/Tast, Search, Speak Language, Spot, Swim. Skill points at 4+ Int modifier per level. Usual four times at first level. I honestly don't know why they insist on listing that in every DnD class for 3/3.5 ever created, never saw one that didn't have that.
Marines would be proficient in all simple weapons, personal firearms, and all armor.
Fifth level would end up giving me +5 Base Attack Bonus, +4 Fort Save, +1 Reflex and Will saves. Comes with the feats/bonuses of:
Close Order Fighting (When fighting with someone else who has this feat the person on the left gets +2 AC and +1 Reflex save)
Combat Reflexes
Favored Weapon
Quick Action +1 (+1 to initiative)
Tactical Aid (As an attack atction, the Marine provides tactical aid to any single ally (But not him/herself) within sight and voice range of the Marine's position. As a full-round action, the Marine provides tactical aid to all of his or her allies (Including him/herself) within sight and voice range of the marine's position. This aid proves either a competance bonus on attack rolls or a dodge bonus to Armor Class (Marine's choice). This bonus is equal to the Marine's Int modifier (minimum +1) and it lasts for a number of rounds euqal to one-half of the Marine's level, rounded down. Characters must be able to communicate with the Marine to benefit from this bonus.)
Improved Critical (For the weapon gained as Favored Weapon)

Probably would play it as a rifleman, an early musketeer in at least a semi-professional army. Like Arcturians because unlike some Standard, and almost all non-standard races they aren't recockulously stacked up. Fairly even an balanced. They appear, basically, like "blue elves". Seriously. Most of them are pacifists, with a noted lack of psionics in their race (The few who are are treated like genetic freaks), members of the Ferkite order tend to be militant enough to defend themselves and others, and almost all Arcturians practice their martial art philosophy called Sinchalt.

Basically a rundown. Would like to play it as a militia member/professional soldier, maybe someone sent out on an expedition of exploration and contact with other empires/peoples to help facilitate some out of the homeland stuff.

I could only find the d6 pdf, so I don't know how relevant it is to the d20 version. If there's anything in common (information wise) I'll check it out more in depth.

Well, I figure I shall list my statted up bastard and edit this once I have gotten every bit of monies spent.

Name: Kalpa
Race: Naga (cobra)
Size: Large
Languages spoken: Naga, Draconic, Common, Ogre, Elven, Undercommon, Infernal, Celestial
Alignment: NE
Classes: Beguiler 2/Evoker 3
Hp: 42

Str: 14/+2
Dex: 18/+4
Con: 20/+5
Int: 20/+5
Wis: 15/+2
Cha: 8/-1

Saves: Fortitude: 6 (Con = 5, Beguiler = 0, Evoker = 1)
Reflex: 5 (Dex = 4, Beguiler = 0, Evoker = 1)
Will: 8 (Wis = 2, Beguiler = 3, Evoker = 3)

Skills: Bluff: 4 (Cha = -1, Ranks: 5)
Concentration: 13 (Con = 5, Ranks: 8)
Decipher Script: 13 (Int = 5, Ranks 8)
Diplomacy: 8 (Cha = -1, Ranks 5, Skill Synthesis: 4)
Disable Device: 13 (Int = 5, Ranks 8)
Hide: 5 (Dex = 4, Ranks 5, Size Mod -4)
Knowledge: Arcana: 12 (Int = 5, Ranks 7)
Knowledge: Dungeoneering: 6 (Int = 5, Ranks 1)
Listen: 5 (Wis = 2, Ranks 3)
Move Silently: 9 (Dex = 4, Ranks 5)
Search: 13 (Int = 5, Ranks 8)
Sense Motive: 7 (Wis = 2, Ranks 5)
Spellcraft: 15 (Int = 5, Ranks 8, Skill Synthesis: 2)

Initiative: +4 (Dex)
Melee Attacks: 3 (Str +2, Beguiler +1, Evoker +1, Size Mod -1)
Ranged Attacks: 5 (Dex +4, Beguiler +1, Evoker +1, Size Mod -1)
Grapple: 8 (Str +2, Beguiler +1, Evoker +1, Size Mod +4)
AC: 15/13/11

Weapons: Shortbow 1d8 piercing, 20/X3, 60ft range
Morningstar 2d6 bludgeoning/piercing, 20/X2
Dagger 1d6, piercing or slashing, 19-20/X2

Class Features: Beguiler: Trapfinding (as rogue)
Armored Mage (can cast Beguiler spells in light armor with no penalty)
Cloaked Casting: When casting a spell on an opponent denied their Dexterity to their AC your spells get a +1 to their save DC.
Surprise Casting: When you successfully feint in combat your opponent is denied their dexterity to their AC for your next melee attack or spell against them. You must stay in melee range for this to count.
Evoker: Banned spell schools: Enchantment and Illusion
Prepare one extra evocation spell in each slot per day
Scribe Scroll bonus feat
Familiar: HEDGEHOG MOTHER FUCKERS. Hedgehogs add +1 to the Wizard's AC. Hedgehogs are also a CR 534 creature. >_>

Spells redux: Beguiler/Evoker
0: 6/4
1: 4/2 (Ability bonus +2)
2: 0/1 (Ability bonus +1)
Spells known (evoker): 1: Spontaneous Search, Magic Missle, Ray of Enfeeblement, Ray of Flame, Reduce Person, Orb of Sound, Kelgore's Fire Bolt, Snilloc's Snowball, Unseen Servant, Hold Portal
2: Rainbow Beam, Ray of Sickness

Feats: Scribe Scroll, Empower Spell, Practiced Caster (caster level equals +4, up to HD)

I will add in history later.

Back
Top Bottom