Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lunar Duality (Spitfire x katuzov)

Her nervousness was very apparent, but Mike had to wonder, was this because she was excited at the possibility of being with him? Was she hoping that he liked her too? In this case, being forward, 'making a move' would actually be helpful in helping her get past her anxiety. However, if she were worried that he intended to force himself on her... any sort of advance would be quite unwelcome.

What was he to do?

The indecision seemed coincide with the magic within him bubbling up again - though nowhere near the extent he felt before walking here with her. His eyes narrowed watching her speak with her hands clasped together. Like a member of the family Von Trapp... he thought to himself. He replied to her request for a minute by raising his hand dismissively. "Please take all the time you need."

She returned wearing a cute set of pjs - matching of course. He owned no pajamas - opting always to sleep in whatever boxers he'd worn during the day. Though her statement that she was 'ready' made him laugh. "This isn't a trial." He said with a grin. Just relax. "I... have no pj's here. I can't sleep in jeans so if it's ok, I'll remove them. My underwear is just like shorts, no need to worry." He hoped his reassurance worked, though the words sounded very odd in his head. He normally slept shirtless, but to start explaining that felt beyond him. Without any sudden moves, he unbuckled his belt and removed his jeans, folding them over his arm.

"Lead the way." He said, intending to get into the bed first and stretch out his arm to provide her with a place to lie down and snuggle up to him.

She bit her lip as he laughed at her, folding her arms over her chest uncomfortably. With a sigh, she shook her head. Wasn't it a trial? Though she supposed it was more of a test. An open-ended one that test both their connection and their resolve. It was a test to see if he was after her half of the stone. She was sure coming here was her idea but she'd influenced him enough to call him to a place he didn't even know. She had no idea what kind on influence he held over her.

Crap.

She hadn't thought about what he would wear to bed and while she was thinking about whether or not she had an alternative, he took his pants off right in the middle of her living room. Swallowing hard, she did an about-face and immediately knew he'd laugh at her again. She sighed and let him step into her room. The space was minimalist and well-kept, as the rest of her apartment was. She pointed to the bed as she moved toward the dresser, "You can get under the covers. I'll get another blanket for myself."

With a sigh, she imagined him behind her, wrapping his arms around her and kissing her neck. She felt the stone pulse softly at her chest. Eyes wide, she snatched the chain from her neck and dropped it into the drawer. Retrieving the blanket, she turned sharply and slammed the drawer closed. She wanted him to want her but only by his own desire. She could only hope he would feel the same and let her feelings about him be her own. Holding the blanket to her chest, she bit her lip and blinked at him. She knew he had to have felt it, at least for a moment, before she removed the stone.

The thought of her getting another blanket for herself made his heart sink. It certainly dampened his enthusiasm, as it would mean that cuddling would be difficult. He was ready to give up until he suddenly felt compelled to wrap himself around her and to kiss her neck. It was the exact same feeling he felt when she 'called' him to her apartment. As soon as she took her necklace off, and put it away, the feeling stopped cold.

Of course, he still desired to kiss her of his own accord, but...

This likely meant that she was thinking about him, wanting him. It was fairly tame as far as a silent yearning went, but Mike took it as a green light.

"We can share a blanket, if you are still up for cuddling, it will make things a bit easier." He patted the empty space on the bed he left for her, and lifted her blankets and sheets up so that she could get in.

Giving him a slight nod, she quietly spoke, "Ok." It still took her another moment to build up enough courage to actually approach her bed. She seemed like a skittish but curious cat as she placed the blanket on the table next to the bed and tentatively climbed under the covers next to him.

She took solace in the fact that he didn't immediately question her about her feelings, assuming he was simply being kind enough to avoid embarrassing her when she was already very obviously apprehensive about being in bed with him.

As she pulled the covers up around her, she looked at him expectantly. If he still wanted her to be the 'big spoon' that meant he had to turn his back to her. Somehow she felt much more comfortable with that position than she had been when her first suggested it. There was something inherently vulnerable about having your back to someone. Further still, having him behind her after her momentary thought made it seem much more sexual than the intent of him being in her bed had been initially intended. They were already much more intimate than she'd originally planned and she wasn't sure how to proceed.

It was quite a sight, watching her move cautiously to get into bed with him. He didn't need whatever connection they shared to sense her apprehension. He decided to go slowly, letting her get settled before he spoke.

"See, that isn't so bad is it?" He gave a grin, hopefully communicating that his question was rhetorical. She hadn't turned to face him, or turned away from him. While he had felt her compelling him to kiss her neck from behind, his own desire to be held, and to feel safe was also rather strong. So, they just lay there, on their backs for a few moments before he turned his head to look at her.

"Would you still like me to be big spoon, in which case you'll have to turn towards the wall, or I can turn and you can cuddle up to my back. Whichever you'd prefer." Fearing that maybe she'd decide to just lie on her back rather than pick he added. "Is there a way that would be better for your spell?"

"No," she said, perhaps a bit too eagerly when asked if she'd like him to be the 'big spoon' and she immediately felt her cheeks get hot. Then he mentioned the spell. She'd forgotten about the reason they were doing this in the first place. Shaking her head, "There's no particular way for the spell to work any better. If I'm able to only cover one room, I can actually sleep." She hadn't planned on telling him that part either but she gave a bit away in her nervousness. "I mean... you can... lay how you want. I'll get comfortable after you settle in." Comfortable being a relative term in her situation.

"It's ok," mostly talking to herself before looking at him. "I told you I'd keep you safe and let you sleep so... whatever makes you feel safe and helps you sleep." With a wave of her hand, the barriers went up around the pair. There was the slightest tinge of a lilac glow over the walls, floor, window, and door as she looked back at him. "It'll hold for the night. You're... safe... here." She wanted him to know that he'd always be safe with her, that she'd never let any harm come to him, but it seemed a bit strange to her to express that reassurance so she hoped that the gesture of allowing him to stay and helping him feel more secure was enough.

Despite her previous hesitation, her words that he was safe indeed made him feel comfortable and secure. He breathed a sigh of relief knowing that he would not cast in his sleep. He was curious if it meant that he wouldn't be able to cast if he actively tried. To be honest, he didn't want to find out. Any use of magic scared him right now. The slight lilac glow to the room comforted him immensely however. After a moment, he decided that he'd follow what he thought Selene wanted. It would after all give him the chance to kiss her, and if she reacted positively, he could decide how to proceed from there.

He rolled onto his side, facing her. "So," he started explaining how to cuddle, feeling that he might need to. "I'll reach my arm out, next to your pillow, and if you put your shoulder against it, and lay your head on your pillow, we can be close." He intended to hold her, but not to bring her so tight against him that she'd feel him pressed to her. He certainly didn't want to think of what would happen if he became aroused and she felt him against her back. That would almost certainly see him kicked out of the room, if not the apartment.

The confusion she felt as he turned toward her was written all over her face. "I tho..." She furrowed her brow for a moment before shaking her head. "Ok..." He'd evidently changed his mind and so in an effort to make him more comfortable, she nodded and moved to lay next to him as he'd directed.

However, she wasn't sure if he had changed his mind out of a need to fulfill the desire she'd unintentionally shared so instead of facing away from him to allow him to do precisely as she'd wanted, she moved to face him. She looked into his eyes and rested her head back on her pillow. She bit her lip for a moment before nodding slightly. She could feel the gentle thrum of the moonstone around his neck and was suddenly glad she'd put her own away. Neither of them knew what would happen if the two halves were put together and it wasn't a particularly good time to go testing theories.

By the time she'd realized what their positioning allowed for, it was entirely too late to move again. She stared at him, a deer in headlights, silently cursing herself for being so utterly stupid as to agree to go to bed with the man at all.

There was no need tell her to face away from him. He knew what she desired and so she'd simply.... face him instead, and look him in the eye. He froze, caught off guard. He exhaled sharply, and his eyes bulged slightly. His mouth opened to correct her before he stopped himself. If she were being this forward then...

He wrapped his arms around her, and held her. Then it started to happen. He was becoming partially aroused, holding a girl he was attracted to so close. Thankfully, they were not pressed together enough for her to notice, though his boxers were starting to strain slightly. The opportunity to kiss her was right there, and he would have if not for the look in her eye, like a wild animal about to be hit by a car.

He gave her a reassuring smile and placed a kiss on her forehead, the scent from her hair filled his nose. "You are safe with me," he said reassuringly as well while his necklace pulsed. Clearly, even without her stone, his was still attuned to her somehow.

The look in his eyes gave her a lot of reason to be concerned, and feel even more stupid. Of course he didn't want to kiss her. She's the one who put the thought in his head in the first place and her necklace was off and so in the drawer with it went any feeling of attraction he had for her.

As he put his arms around her, she wanted to sink into his touch but she was frozen there, still and confused. She could've kissed him, taken it upon herself to make the next move, but that's not who she was. Instead, she stayed where she was, growing more befuddled when he kissed her head and spoke in his soothing tone. Looking into his eyes, she stammered, "Umm aren't I... supposed to be... making... you feel safe?"

She was so tempted to ask as she wondered if he actually wanted to kiss her but she felt silly doing so. If he'd wanted to kiss her, he would've. Obviously. He was 'that guy' after all, the one who always had women who were interested. He wouldn't have had any trouble making a move if he'd wanted to and he didn't, so the only logical conclusion was that he didn't and it was all her. With a sigh, she turned over to face the wall, feeling like the most stupid girl on the planet. "Let's just... get some sleep, I guess."

It was not in Mike's nature to try to stop her from rolling over. He didn't try, even going so far as to loosen his hold on her to accommodate her. Still, he closed his eyes, especially when she said they should get some sleep and added 'I guess,' as if she were actually disappointed. He could still kiss her neck. That was definitely an option - though he wondered if maybe that wasn't such a good idea. What if she were testing him - just as he had her with the toast. What if she were merely trying to see if the only move he'd make were ones that she urged?

They lay in total silence for several moments. Mike's brain racing - sleep was impossible. He couldn't just lie like this, wondering how she felt. Why was this so hard? He'd never had trouble figuring out if a girl was interested before.

Still holding her, he came clean. "Moonstones and everything else be damned. I like you Selene." Without giving her a chance to react, he continued. "I don't want to make you uncomfortable, so if you don't feel the same way about me, I'll keep my hands to myself and face the other way and we can both go to sleep. I just... I really do like you." He silently kicked himself for not coming up with anything better to say. His heart raced as he spoke, and again magic bubbled up in him.

She looked back over her shoulder as he began to speak and he went on before she could respond. Sitting up, she looked at him in silence for a moment as a million questions swirled around behind her eyes. Was he sure? How did he know it wasn't because of her desire for him that he was even interested? She wasn't exactly his type after all. How could they be sure the opposite wasn't true? It seemed impossible to be certain. But he'd just confessed his feelings for her and the longer she waited to respond, the more awkward the moment would become.

"I like you too," she confessed, her trepidation over the possibilities still clear in her eyes. "But... I mean... why? 'Moonstones and everything else be damned' or not, you didn't even want to speak to me before and a week later you want... what? Exactly what I wanted you to do? Like the first night you came here, just... showing up because I 'called' you here with a magic rock? I don't want you to like me because of some stupid magic trick that... I didn't even intend to cast. It was just a thought. I didn't mean for you to... feel that... because of me."

With a huff of a sigh, she went on, "Look, I will protect you. I promised you that, and that hasn't changed, but I don't want you to confess feelings that... aren't really yours." She looked down at her hands, "I don't... I don't know how to be sure that those feelings aren't just because of mine."

It was tempting to dismiss her concerns with a wave of his hand and a few flowery words. However, he his success rate with quick answers among her and others in the law school was not so good. She'd certainly see through it, and would most likely be hurt. Dismissing her concerns was also dismissing her feelings after all. He'd stepped wrong with her time after time. For once, he had to show that there was more to him than a lightning-brain from the School of Destruction.

"The stones allow us to affect each other. You pulled me to your apartment, if I'm not mistaken you nearly pulled me into my own bedroom when you were at my place, and I am pretty sure that I felt compelled to kiss the back of your neck just now. These are all actions, and when you weren't wearing your necklace, the desire faded. Whether or not you wear your necklace, I like you the same - a lot."

He sat up so that he could look her in the eyes. "So while I suppose I can't know for sure, I am as certain as I can be that you are not forcing my feelings here." He shrugged. "Admittedly, you aren't the type of girl I'd normally go for... but that's what I like about you. I like that you are't super impressed with my Destructive prowess. I like that you have expanded my horizons. I like that our strengths compliment each other. I like how willing you are to help me, not just because I need it, but because it shows that you have a good heart." He gave a somewhat exasperated sigh. "I don't think this can be just because of our lunar connection."

As he spoke, internally Mike beamed. She liked him, and clearly did not believe it could be because of his influence.

When he began to speak, she turned her eyes to his but quickly looked away at the mention of her calling him to his room. She had been drunk, very drunk, but she still felt guilty for potentially putting him in a very awkward situation. At the mention of her earlier thought, she shrank back. His desire had faded...

She looked at him as he moved, turning slightly to face him even though she would've preferred to hide from this and any other feelings that distracted her from her career goals. But whatever it was that bound them together couldn't be ignored. They had some kind of destiny to fulfill together and they had to figure it out together. It was a lot of togetherness to sign on for considering she was normally quite the loner but she was pretty sure there was a good reason for it, even if she didn't understand it.

As he assured her that his feelings were genuine, her resolve to fight it deflated. She wanted him to like her after all and it was easy to take him at his word when he lined it all up that way. With a nod, she agreed, "Yeah, that makes sense. I just... want you to like me because you like me." Shrugging, "I just wasn't really sure before." She sighed and bit her lip, wondering if he was going to kiss her or if she should just try to get some sleep. Kissing in her bed was sure to lead to something more physical than she was prepared for but he'd already told her he wouldn't push her. She was safe with him and she believed that.

Her feelings were natural, of course, and continued to speak well of her as a person - something that Mike liked about her. She was willing to help him, but not willing to to be in some sort of relationship where he was 'forced' to like her. It showed a deep respect for him, and for herself as well. It's not something that should have surprised him; it fit in with everything that he had seen about her.

It was a relief that she accepted his assurance. If she had pushed the fact that there was no way he could know if he were being influenced, he'd have no leg to stand on. Matters of the heart and their source were difficult to argue. Though he was completely certain that his feelings were his own and quite genuine. "I do like you, because I like you." He blinked at his own banality, rather than let those words hang, he decided to act.

He reached out his left hand, brushed a strand of her hair from her face and leaned in - not for a kiss on her forehead this time, but on her lips. He gently met his lips to hers, not intending to keep them there too long, just long enough for her to kiss back, or back away.

She nodded slightly at his continued reassurance and simply hoped that he was right. He knew his feelings better than she did and that had to be enough. However, the fact that he offered evidence helped. She could call him to action, but she couldn't make him think or feel any particular way, which also meant the 'You rocked?' comment and the moment of nonsense that followed his own. Had he been nervous about facing her after answering her call? Could Mike Templeton actually ever feel nervous about anything? She supposed the library incident proved that was a possibility.

Her thoughts were interrupted by him doubling down on his positivity that his feelings were his own. She found herself completely unprepared for the move he made toward her but she only showed a split second of tension as he reached out to her. As she realized what was happening, she leaned into slightly to meet his lips with her own. While she was undoubtedly kissing him back, she still seemed quite timid in her approach. If there was going to be more to whatever was between them, she probably wouldn't be the one making the moves.

Even so, when he did pull away from her, she seemed disappointed. She wanted more, or at least to keep kissing him, but she wasn't about to express that desire. Without the necklace, he may never have known what she truly wanted out of their budding relationship.

Pulling back, Mike expected her to either pull back completely, or to press forward and kiss him. Selene did neither. Instead she seemed hesitate and wait for his next move. Mike's thoughts raced. If she did not want to continue, she certainly would have pulled away, or told him to stop. She seemed quite good at putting up barriers before. It seemed that what she gave him would be the best sign he was going to get that she wanted to continue.

He leaned in, wrapped an arm around her so that his hand could trace her spine up towards the back of her neck, and he leaned in and kissed her again, this time, he did not break it off quickly, instead allowing a deep passionate embrace.

While her 'invitation' back was subtle enough that most people would've missed it, she was glad that he didn't. She let out a sigh as he wrapped his arm around her and pressed his lips to hers again. His kiss was all she wanted but his touch was sublime. She wanted more of both but had no idea how she was supposed to tell him that without it all coming out wrong and ruining the moment.

Her mind raced with her fears and concerns about kissing him in her bed and the idea that he mind have thought she was giving him signals for much more but she did what felt natural in the moment, social cues be damned. She placed her hand on his arm and traced up to his neck. With a gentle pull, she leaned back and guided him to come with her. She kissed him back, almost hungrily. She was uncertain how she would feel with him on top of her but there was only one way to find out. Testing theories.

As they kissed, magic began to surge within Mike. This was not all that out of the ordinary, such fluxes were common during moments of passion and he had long learned how to control himself, even though his control had seemed to weaken lately. Fortunately, merely kissing wasn't likely to create a torrent strong enough to leap out of his control, plus he knew that Selene's spell would keep them both safe.

However, as Selene pulled him closer he started to feel that surge settle. Accepting her guidance and leaning forward as she started to lie back further calmed it. The torrent was gone completely as he lay on top of her, though he hardly noticed. He began running his hands through her hair, and his lips departed her, finding her cheek, her jawbone, and then her neck.

The surge of magic felt like a heat from within him and she was sure it was just their desire giving way that made her feel so warm. She was glad he followed her but began to wonder what she was supposed to do next. If she'd thought far enough ahead, she never would've acted, but since she had, there were few avenues she could think to take, so let him control the pace again.

As he moved to her neck, she inhaled sharply and swallowed hard. She wasn't sure when enough would be enough but she knew they weren't there yet. She wanted more of his lips, to taste him on her tongue, more of his hands, to feel him around her. Without his lips on hers, the sighs and quiet moans were more audible. Though she didn't know where she would draw the line, she knew she liked what he was doing for the moment.

The quiet sounds she made only drove him further. He continued to kiss her lower and lower, planting several long kisses on her neck, he eventually reached her collar bone. Her shirt was in the way for him to go further. Magical flows started again to bubble up within him, and he was becoming aroused. The temptation to keep kissing lower... to attempt to remove her shirt was very strong. The very thought seemed to increase the torrent within him in a way that he could not possibly ignore.

He instead started working his kisses back up to her lips, which caused the surge to again calm. He kissed her passionately for several minutes. His hands began toying with the bottom of her shirt - the possibility of pulling it upward was presenting itself.

Her soft sounds continued as his lips found other parts of her to kiss. She let her mind go. All her overthinking and analyzing every part of the interaction went out the window. Allowing herself to fully enjoy the moment, she reveled in the feeling of his body on top of hers and the swell of heat that came from him. It was a thrilling experience and she was so caught up that she didn't think to stop him from trying to undress her until he began to lift her shirt.

"No wait stop," she said in a rush of words as she placed her hands on his and held her shirt down. Yes, she wanted his hands on her skin. Yes, she wanted him to touch parts of her she hadn't allowed him, or anyone else, to see. But she wasn't ready to be half-naked in front of him, especially beneath him, where she could feel his excitement.

She looked at him wide-eyed and shook her head, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to... I'm not... ready... for that." Somehow she knew he'd be upset. She had gotten him, and herself, all excited and then just stopped cold. "I'm sorry," she repeated, not knowing what else to say.

The torrent of power started to become overwhelming inside of Mike as he pulled her shirt upward. He was going to cast - or at least test her spell. It was out of his hands.... Until she put her hands on his and stopped him from removing her clothing. Instantly the roiling magic in him calmed. He took a few deep breaths, pausing and collecting himself.

What had just happened? His skin felt cold. He shouldn't have had such a surge of power from the chance of making it to second base. Yet, she calmed it just by stopping him? Or did he calm it by allowing himself to be stopped? He sat up, her words barely registering until she said "I'm sorry."

His head snapped to look at her, and he shook his head, breathed out, and managed a smile. "I said nothing you didn't want would happen. I meant it." He didn't bring up what had happened with his magic. No need to concern her further. He lay back down next to her, and wrapped his arms around her, just holding her. "There is nothing to apologize for. I promise you." The words were quite genuine, as her actions had prevented him from losing control.

The look on his face spoke to the emotions she'd expected. He was confused and upset as she knew he would be but he seemed to soften as he looked at her. She bit her lip, waiting for him to respond. The fear in her eyes wasn't of him nor a potential volatile reaction. What she was afraid of was that he would leave. She didn't want him to leave.

Breathing out a sigh of relief, she curled up next to him and faced him as she had before. "Ok..." Once again, she didn't know what to say. She placed her hand on his cheek and pressed her soft lip gently to his for a brief second. "Maybe we should get some sleep?" In honesty, she was too full of emotion to truly feel tired, but she knew coming down from the high would make her all the more tired. She also knew that, even though sleeping next to someone was an altogether new experience, she was comfortable with him and she was able to relax quickly into his arms.

"Sleep would probably be good." He conceded. His power was completely still within him - a good sign. She spoke of making him feel safe with her, and surprisingly he did. He didn't yet fully understand what was causing his magic to ebb and flow, but it wasn't surging now, and he knew that sleep would come to him shortly. He held her for a while, just enjoying being close to her and the rhythm of their breathing.

Eventually, to avoid his arms falling asleep, he turned away from her, allowing her to be the big spoon and he fell into a deep peaceful sleep. If he dreamed he did not remember them. However, the sound of Selene's early alarm woke him. He yawned sleepily, wondering what time it was. Sadly, his phone was in his pants and not plugged in. Surprisingly, the relatively quiet alarm hadn't woken her. He rolled back over and faced her. "Selene?" He said quietly, and pressed his lips to hers gently.

Back
Top Bottom