Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lunar Duality (Spitfire x katuzov)

"Having another pair of eyes on the information isn't a bad thing." If there was judgment there, she didn't show it. Her study and research capabilities were on full display as she managed to take notes and operate the computer simultaneously, even running on coffee and hope. She zoomed in on the picture to find the necklace then made a note of the date. "If he had it at a younger age, it's not likely that his father had it before him." However, she had the family tree open in another tab to confirm birth and death dates. "It likely came from someone who died before this was taken. It's not really a fool-proof way of narrowing things down but it gives us some search parameters to go by."

She looked for Alexander's grandparents, opting to begin with the Templeton line rather than maternal lineage. Patriarchy was still prevalent in most magical communities, fae creatures and the like being the rare exceptions, so it stood to reason Alexander's paternal grandfather was where they should continue their search.

It was perhaps a bit surprising that she didn't gloat about being right in the first place. She enjoyed being right and never had any qualms about owning it when she was, a fact that was most assuredly the reason Hale wasn't her biggest fan.

"Just keep an eye out for it. I'm sure if your search didn't find anything before then it's not likely to have been mentioned in any documents we'll be able to find. And I don't think there's much left that's solely on paper. The technopaths have taken care of everything that's not restricted as far as I'm aware."

While she looked for Alexander's grandparents, Mike continued looking up Alexander's records, somewhat surprised that she hadn't basked in him telling her that she was right. The story of his great-grandfather hit uncomfortably close to home. Middling grades, professor comments about his pure raw talent, but lack of focus and effort. "History repeats itself." Mike muttered. Somehow, Alexander had been a member of many exclusive clubs and seemed to have landed a very good job right out of school. There, they differed, Mike had little interest in joining groups that would take up his time.

Mike also looked into the school records for the four years Alexander attended. Wondering if anything had happened that was out of the ordinary. "Look here." During Alexander's third year the alchemy building had exploded in a massive magical blast... during a semester when his great grandfather had taken an introduction to potions course. Oddly, Alexander had received an A the only of his career, and the professor comments had been restricted. Some quick math also showed that without that A, Alexander would not have had the gpa to graduate.

Mike turned pale white. The necklace around his neck, whose buzzing and thrumming he had learned to ignore, suddenly felt very heavy. It might not mean anything, but after last night, an obvious conclusion could be drawn. Alexander lost control of his magic, destroyed a building, and the university covered it up. It was quite a leap to make, but now his mind was certain of it. He tried finding more information on the explosion, but all of it seemed restricted. "I... I think my Great Grandfather was involved in the explosion somehow." A cool sweat formed on his forehead. "Are you finding anything?" It was clear that he was disturbed.

When he muttered something, she barely registered that he'd said anything, assuming that if he'd been talking to her he'd have spoken up more. She turned to look at what he'd found. Skimming through the article and the other information he had, it didn't take long for her to come to the same conclusion Mike had. His great grandfather had the stone and his magic was amplified, likely to the point of bringing down a campus building. And he got an A for his efforts. "Figures," she muttered. A man from a prominent family destroyed a building and was given exactly what he needed to graduate and get the hell out.

She sighed and turned to fully face him. The look on her face told him she knew what he was thinking and pretty much agreed. With a wave of her hand, she casted another silence spell to give them privacy as she had before. The dome shape around them looked like a delicate bubble that could easily be popped. "Mike," shaking her head, "you're losing control of your powers." It was more a statement of fact than a question and she didn't wait for a response. "The whole thing with that guy at the bar? Why...?" She knew the answer to the question she was ready to ask. He hadn't told her for the same reason she hadn't told him the whole truth about what her grandfather had told her. He didn't completely trust her. She couldn't blame him after hiding things from him about the stone as well.

"This is thing amplifies your powers." Shaking her head, she sighed again. Her powers didn't feel an different, so what did it do for her? "I think I can help you but you have to trust me enough to tell me the whole truth." She knew it wasn't a small thing to ask for, trusting her when she clearly didn't trust him implicitly. And how she could help him was something she wasn't quite sure of yet, but she was damn well going to try.

There was another things that nagged at her. His great grandfather had it until his passing and a portion of that time her grandfather had it. Mike himself had it during a time her grandfather had it. Had the stones crossed paths before? Why had they been so close for so long just to be brought together by their generation? And she couldn't help but wonder if she was the first woman to be its keeper. If so, did that have something to do with its decided destiny?

The silence spell was enough to make him jump. It was a sign that she intended to keep what she was about to say strictly between them. Given the amount of caution they were already taking, he could only imagine what she was about to say. The look in her eye gave her away before she started to speak. He shouldn't have said anything, she was much too smart.

It was too late now however. She knew... everything. About his powers rising beyond his control. The idea that the necklace was the cause hadn't occurred to him, but it made some sense. He returned her stare, though there was fear... and hope in his eyes. "Yes." He swallowed hard. "I'm losing control. At the bar, I only meant to give that guy a headache, one so bad that he had to sit down for a few minutes and I... I nearly killed him. When I had that jar in my hands, I warmed it, but much more than I intended. I lost fine control, and then last night." He shivered visibly. "I practiced fireballs. Not one of them was as I intended." He took a pause.

He was clearly debating with himself, his eyes on his lap. Eventually they snapped up to meet hers again. Trust. The whole truth.

"Something happened in my sleep. Lightning discharge of some kind. I tripped every circuit in my apartment."

She watched him carefully, his reaction before speaking told her a lot about how he felt before his words had a chance to. Part of her human instinct told her to reach out in an effort to comfort him in some way but a cooler head prevailed. Having no idea what that kind of contact would do, she clasped the coffee in her hands.

Nodding as he explained what had been happening, she was worried but not angry. He clearly wasn't close to his parents and it wasn't as though he could tell classmates or Professors that he thought history was repeating itself. However, concern gave way to confusion. If Alexander had this problem and exploded a building, why did he continue to wear the stone? Furthermore, why did Mike?

Then he described what he woke up to and it was impossible to hide the fear she felt. Her own dream came to mind and she was visibly shaken. She took a deep breath and let it out slowly in an attempt to steady herself.

"Mike," she spoke his name softly, "you don't have to keep doing this. Take it off." It sounded as though she was just making a play for his half of the stone and she knew that, but that wasn't her intention. "Put it away." She was afraid that what he was dealing with was only the beginning and she didn't want to see how it ended. But would he do that? Could he? Did the dark half compel its wearer to keep it on? She could ask someone in the Divination Division but those people always saw more than one wanted them to see.

She didn't want to dwell on the idea of him giving up his half but she felt it necessary to tell him of their potential connection given that he told her what happened. "I had dreams about fire and lightning last night. I'm not sure what that means and... things weren't very clear but it felt like there was something... coming?"

"My Great Grandfather said I should never take it off. He made it sound like I needed to, for my own protection." He looked at her. Did she want the half for herself? He doubted that very much. If she did, that meant that everything about her had been part of some ruse. That seemed highly unlikely to him. He had pursued her at every step. Could she really have led him around by the nose so easily? It was an absurd thought. She had spent the night at his house, when he was vulnerable. He exhaled sharply.

Trust.

He reached down his shirt and pulled the necklace off, and placed it on the desk in front of her. He half expected her to grab it, laugh manically and start burning down the campus.

In truth. He didn't see what happened. He felt magic swirling, growing within him. He needed to cast. "I'm... I'm not sure this is right." He said. It was becoming difficult not to cast. "Let me try something."

He tried to form a few sparks in his hand. Instead a flame shot up four feet in the air. He yelped, and grabbed the necklace with his other hand. Only then could he get himself to stop. Thankfully, no one else was in records this late.

"That wasn't what I wanted to do. I meant to just cast sparks." He took a few deep breaths, his skin now covered with sweat. "I've never felt that before - it was like I needed to cast. I don't think the stone made Alexander blow up the building." He slipped the necklace over his head. Looking at her, panic filled him. She now had the responsibility to turn him in. He couldn't even blame her if she did. The words to ask her not to go directly to security services failed him.

It was fair to say she was interested in the necklace when she looked at it as he set it down. Part of her expected the stone itself to do something strange. However, she made no move toward it, fearing what touching both might do to her.

She turned her eyes back to him, her brow furrowed as she tried to gauge what he was thinking and feeling in the moment. His expression made it clear he felt something and it wasn't relief. She began to reach for his hand before pulling back, eyes wide as the flame shot up between them. Her panic matched his as he put the necklace back on. She hadn't had a chance to put up another spell and the bubble of silence didn't work for that.

"We have to go," she whispered nervously as she looked around to see if someone was within sight. After placing her notebook back in her bag, she deleted the search histories of the terminals they used and logged out. "Come on," grabbing her bag and her coffee, "my apartment isn't far from here." As she led him out, she cast a spell to make them difficult to follow then took the more unfrequented areas of the library.

Once they were outside, she ventured a question, "Are you ok?" She was more concerned about him than any rules, perhaps surprisingly, and she didn't seem to have any intention to turn him in, at least for the time being.

In his rush to explain what had happened, how he had felt, Mike missed the most urgent need. A magical surge like he had just produced almost certainly drew attention. Selene was completely right. They had to go, and now. Even with the necklace on, he could feel raw power surging in him, keeping it in akin to stopping himself from vomiting after too much whiskey. He certainly felt queasy enough, his stomach lurched. He retained the presence of mind to grab his bag, and his coffee.

As he followed her, allowed her to guide him through the library, he felt better. She took routes he certainly wouldn't if he were in a hurry, but he didn't argue, he just walked behind her, letting her lead the way, and take care of Illusion spells. Each step seemed to calm the raging torrent within him. However, he still wouldn't trust himself to cast. A simple utility spell might explode in his face.

To answer her question, he needed a few deep breaths. A few minutes removed from the incident, he was quite out of breath. He shook his head slightly as he pondered the question - indicating a 'no' response. A quick survey of himself was performed. He wasn't hurt, not burned, no injuries. The magic in him was calming. "I'm unharmed." He said. Physically he was fine. Mentally and emotionally however? That was a different story. "I can walk." He could get home, but he feared the idea of being alone this night.

Saying he could walk wasn't exactly the most reassuring bit of information but it was better than she could've promised on their Saturday evening together so she let it go. His choices of words were intentional and she could understand why. She took a moment to look at him, to see the look in his eyes, to see that, like herself over the weekend, he didn't really want to be alone.

"Mike, hear me out," she said quietly. "My place is close by. My bedroom has a lock on the door. You can take my bed and I'll sleep on the couch. No one will touch you all night." It was as close as she could remember to what he'd said to her on that night and she thought maybe it would bring some levity to their current predicament. "Look, this is all new and overwhelming but I want to make sure you're safe."

With taking off the necklace having the opposite effect than she thought, she wasn't sure what to make of the stones. They were two halves of a moonstone, she would've thought she had to combine them. And if she was supposed to rule over some kind of darkness, it only made sense for her to be the one to keep them. Maybe they'd done it wrong. Maybe they hadn't gone far enough. What if she was supposed to put them together and exert her own willpower to keep him in check? Whatever the solution, it wasn't likely that he'd risk taking it off again and she couldn't blame him.

She'd been able to call him to a location he didn't even know with the stone. Maybe she was only able to effect him when he was wearing it. That would've made their situation easier for her to handle but how was she expected to control him? He was a rich kid, an only child, and a College of Destruction student. Any of those traits alone would make someone less inclined to give in to the will of someone else. And she wasn't exactly the assertive type. She wasn't sure what to do, but one thing was certain, they couldn't risk him being caught. "Come on. I'll make dinner."

Hearing his own words parroted back to him, Mike's mouth twisted into a wry grin. He couldn't help but see the humor in it. If not for the torrent of magic still brewing within him, he might have laughed out loud. However, he could only nod to accept her offer. Speaking more at this point felt as though it would be very difficult.

Allowing himself to be led to her apartment, Mike continued to feel better with each step. The raging inferno slowly calming. He truly did appreciate Selene's offer. It was strange, but right now, she was the only person in the whole world that he felt could help him. It must be her organized mind, and research skills. If she wasn't going to turn him in, if she intended to help him, who better to find the answer? Though, obviously he could not overlook his attraction to her.

Getting closer to her house Mike felt much more like himself. "Is that how my offer sounded, when I said it?" He asked, referring to her reassurance of keeping him safe. He grinned slightly, and there was a twinkle present in his eye. He became serious. "I really appreciate it, though." It was hard for him to admit out loud, but he pressed on. "I don't know if I should be alone this night."

"Yeah kinda," she replied with a laugh, hoping to lift his mood a bit more. "I mean... joking aside... you did the same for me." Gazing into his eyes as they walked, she gave him a sympathetic look, "You don't have to be alone though. You're safe with me." Her offer to be his safe place was meant for the night, as he had been for her, but there was so much more in the depth of her eyes and the tone of her voice as she spoke her promise to him.

In addition to offering him a place to rest and a secret to keep, she was by all rights risking not only her own safety but any chance at completing school if they were caught with his magic out of control. By not turning him in, she was risking her entire future. She'd have been lying if she said the fear of just that hadn't crossed her mind in the last few days, but he was so genuine and clearly needed help. She wanted to help him, even though she wasn't sure exactly why she felt such a strong connection to someone she barely knew, someone so unlike herself that he carried the antithesis to her own gift around his neck.

"I have a spell that will keep what happened last night from happening again," shrugging, "if you want me to use it." There was a catch. One that made her regret her offer almost immediately. That cast only covered a single room if she was sleeping. If she cast it on a larger area, she'd have to stay awake throughout the night. That wasn't exactly a promise she could make. Keyed up as she was, once the adrenaline wore off and she had something significant to eat, she wouldn't be long for the waking world.

Hearing her joke back with him lifted his spirits. His sense of humor was finally getting through to her - too bad it took nearly incinerating them to do it. He considered pointing that out, but knew it wasn't the time. Plus, it was taking considerable effort not to throw his arms around her in an embrace of gratitude. It was quite the reversal of fortunes. He had wanted to protect her, now he was putting his trust in her to keep him safe, even though he towered above her physically and in raw magical destructive strength.

The offer to use a spell that would prevent him from casting in his sleep again sounded great. He didn't like the idea of her limiting his abilities - in any form, but he couldn't risk another episode. If he casted again in his dreams, he might do serious harm to himself, or others. He could attract the attention of the authorities who would certainly not be so understanding.

Though the way she ended her offer, made it sound like she was holding something back. It didn't sound as if it were too dreadful, but perhaps something she just didn't want to say outloud. "Why do I get the feeling there's a catch?" He asked. Though truthfully he was very unlikely to say no. His stomach rumbled loudly. Nearly losing control and burning down a library evidently made him hungry.

"Welllll," biting her lip, she seemed uneasy. Admitting weakness is not exactly something she enjoys doing either. "I've cast this spell before but it only lasts while I'm awake." She shook her head, "It's ok though. I'll just drink lots of coffee and stay up so you can get some sleep." Wednesday classes be damned, apparently. Technically she could afford to miss another day of classes and during a bereavement period, she'd certainly be excused. She had no intention of telling him the other option but once again, it was obvious she was hiding something else.

Making her way up the stairs to her apartment, "It's alright. I'll be fine by Thursday so I won't miss the exam." Not that he was sure he cared about that anymore. There seemed much larger things to be concerned with but she concerned herself with everything.

"I'll cook up something quick," she said as she unlocked and opened the door. "Being the daughter of a kitchen witch has its advantages." Heading straight into the kitchen, she brought water to boil, "I require pasta. Spaghetti or mac and cheese?"

"Pasta sounds great." Mike considered his choices. Normally, he'd go for spaghetti, with meat sauce if available. However, right now he wanted to feel comfortable and safe and neither spelled that more than simple warm macaroni and cheese. "Mac and Cheese, if I am too decide, but either would be good with me." He opted to stand in the kitchen near her, feeling that it'd be odd to sit on the couch while she cooked.

Her description of the spell concerned him however. "I can't ask you to give up sleep for me." For one night, he probably could, if he were being honest, but what would happen the next night, or the night after that? It was a worry that he didn't even want to give voice to. "You shouldn't have to sacrifice your sleep or your studies on my account.... more than you already have that is."

He also wondered if that meant that she'd have to watch him as he slept. Who knew if he might snore or talk in his sleep, and he could only imagine what he might murmur in the night.

"You're not asking," she said with a shake of her head as she brought noodles and flour from the cabinet. "And there isn't much either of us can do besides... this. I can't cast the spell strong enough to hold the whole place down for a night." As she started a roux for the cheese sauce, she went on, "You can't lose sleep. That'll only make the problem worse." Of that, she was absolutely certain.

She sighed as she paused to look at him, "Mike... I can afford to miss another day of classes." Sort of. "And Profs will be pretty forgiving, all things considered." She hated the idea of using her grandfather's death as an excuse to miss class if it wasn't the real reason, but he needed her help and she genuinely wanted to help him. She didn't fully understand what it was or why it was happening, but she felt drawn to him. And it wasn't as though she could just tell him that. Could she?

As she spoke, bacon grease and flour went in the pan, then heavy cream and lots of cheese, as well as some seasoning that was labeled 'Mom's mix.' It was almost as though her process was second nature. As the water came to a boil, the noodles were added and stirred.

"I... I don't know why, but I know I have to help you," she said as she peered into his eyes again. "So let me help you."

The aroma of her food was overwhelming. When she said Mac and Cheese, he had assumed a blue box - which is how he would have proudly prepared the dish and claimed to be a master chef. Magic or no, she truly was a kitchen witch - at least as far as he could tell. Mike forced himself to focus on her words, no matter how wonderful her cooking smelled. It was odd to hear her sound so flippant about missing another day of class - that was a move out of his playbook. Maybe he was having an effect on her, while she was affecting him.

She made sense, regardless. If she could help him - even for tonight, he shouldn't protest. If nothing else, it would buy them more time. Perhaps by tomorrow night, the effects of casting without his necklace would fully subside, maybe they'd be able to do additional research. Nothing was certain, but he'd take the chance. What other choice did he have? He certainly had no better alternative. If he wanted to stay here this night - and he truly did, he couldn't ask her to be anywhere near him and risk a magical discharge while they both slept.

"You are right." He conceded. "I didn't ask, you offered, and it's the best option available to us." He looked down at the floor, shuffled his feet and then raised his gaze towards here. "With what you know, and all you've seen from me, you'd be well within your rights to go a number of directions. I'm grateful for the one you've chosen. I owe you... well a lot."

As she realized what he meant, the very real fear that he had beyond potentially exploding a building, she let out a sigh. "I'm not gonna turn you in unless you start doing these things with malice. I don't know what it's like to not be in control of your magic but I do know what it means to feel helpless." Looking forward to a long night, she started a pot of coffee. "During that time... I needed someone I could trust who could make me feel safe. I don't know how you feel about someone you barely know looking out for you but... I promise I'll keep you safe."

She breathed out another sigh, her already tired mind and body not looking forward to another night with little-to-no sleep. However, she could always rely on her mother's recipes to help in one way or another. After straining and mixing, she served out two bowls and placed spoons in them. Somehow, even without measuring or weighing, she'd made exactly enough for two servings. She then removed another jar from the cabinet and sprinkled the seasoning over one before handing that bowl to him. "Mom's recipe for relaxation." Kitchen witch remedies were effective and all-natural but not always the most appetizing of things to eat. One couldn't have been blamed for being skeptical of the outcome of flavor. But the dusting didn't seem to change the smell of the food.

"I can make you some tea as well if you'd like." While the smell of her food filled the air, the aroma of dark roast coffee began to mingle with it and somehow it was an amazing mix that was absolutely delicious.

Her words were reassuring, he could trust her, trust in her, the last of the torrent of magic in him seemed to finally die down. He had to stop himself from chuckling at the idea that she'd keep him safe, but he kept it to himself, though a grunt escaped his lips - a sign that he accepted her promise.

He eyed the dusting she added to the mac and cheese. He would have been skeptical if the aroma of melted cheese and delicious carbs didn't overwhelm his sense of smell. He could have moaned. Without another thought he shoveled a spoonful into his mouth. He closed his eyes and let loose a low mmmm. "This... This is amazing. And you can whip it up anytime you want?" He shook his head. "I should have learned to cook. Fuck Destruction." He grinned to show it was a bit of a joke, but he was sincere in his appreciation for Selene and her cooking.

Of course, he would have preferred coffee. He never drank tea, even if he needed to sleep. He had whiskey for that. However, he knew that coffee would be a huge mistake. Caffeine would certainly send his heart into overdrive. Then, neither of them would sleep, until he finally crashed, it could truly end in disaster - if Selene had also crashed by then. "I don't know if I've ever had real tea, if you think it'd help, I'll have a cup, sure." Though his eyes were on the coffee maker. It smelled better than his local coffee shop.

The grunt, an incredibly ineloquent and very masculine expression, could've been taken so many ways and she wasn't entirely certain how his was meant. But at least he took the food and started eating. She gave him a smile at the compliment and nodded before turning to put the kettle on. "It isn't hard," she said with a shrug, "just a few simple ingredients. But thanks. I'm glad you like it."

She took a bite of her owe before pulling the tea leaves from the cabinet and placed a few different types in an infuser ball. With two mugs down, she placed the infuser in one and poured her coffee in the other. "Ya know, some of you guys would actually be good grill cooks if you ever took the time to learn. Low and slow is the key to a lot of that stuff. Mom has a smoker too. She loves it."

After adding a hefty dose of sugar to her coffee, she took a slow sip. It wasn't how she typically drank it, but there was no need for cream when caffeine was the real requirement. Her water reaching temp, she poured it over the leaves and allowed it to steep. For a moment, she wished she'd left the leaves loose. Maybe a divination could've helped them, but that would've required talking to someone else as that kind of magic wasn't her strong suit.

Last edited:
"A few simple ingredients she says." Mike chuckled, a bit of humor did wonders for making him feel better. "I couldn't do what you do with any ingredients, no matter how fancy. You make a good point. I definitely can provide a bit of heat, though I think I'm more suited to searing steak than slow cooking pulled pork." He held out his hand, but resisted the urge to produce flame. Even with his necklace on, he feared an out of control inferno. The thought made him sigh, and he continued eating. The mac and cheese at least helped him feel better. Someday, he was definitely going to ask her to cook this while he had a proper beer to drink. That'd be quite the combo, but alcohol was definitely a bad idea right now.

Tea would have to do. He took the cup, knowing at least that he had to let the infuser sit for a moment or two. "You'll have to let me know when I can pull this out. I'm not so knowledgeable."

He looked around at her apartment. It felt wrong to make her sleep on the couch while he took her bed. In truth, he sort of hoped that they might not have to be in separate rooms, though asking, at least right now, also didn't feel right. It might be worth planting the seed however. "I hate to kick you out of your own room. You are already feeding me after all." He stopped short of volunteering to take the couch however.

Laughing, she shook her head, "Cooking takes patience. And the tea only takes a few minutes." She offered him a small jar of warm golden liquid, "Honey?" It was only after she said it that it felt awkward. She hoped that if she sailed past it, that he would to.

"You fed me and gave me your room Saturday," she said with a shrug. Although, him giving her booze was most of the reason she couldn't make it home or remember where home was. "Besides, if I have to be awake to hold the spell, it'd be easier to do if I have the TV and my laptop to distract me. Being in my bed isn't exactly conducive to staying awake."

She bit her lip slightly and sighed, not really wanting to tell him she had alternative. She didn't need to know how that would look or sound to him if she said that she could sleep just fine as long as they slept together. And she was pretty sure he didn't need any encouragement from her. If he wanted to make a move, she was certain he'd do it all on his own. Part of her hoped that he would but if he did, would it be because she wanted him to? Maybe an act of desperation in a time of crisis? She didn't want to be with someone for those reasons. She could always be the one to take her necklace off. But what if he wanted to take it? There were too many questions and not enough time to answer them.

"You can take out the leaves now," she said, awkwardly looking away and hoping the connection they had now that she was wearing the stone didn't broadcast all of what she was struggling with. If it had, she was sure she'd die of embarrassment.

For a second, Mike had thought she had said "... teak only takes a few minutes, honey." His stare snapped to her questioningly, though he quickly realized what she meant. He merely shook his head, without making the joke that he was sweet enough. A missed opportunity that he knew he would not actually regret.

His eyes then went to the door that he assumed went to her room, and then to the couch where she would stay. He didn't want to be alone this night. It was true. If he were at home, by himself he definitely wouldn't sleep. Here, in her place, it'd be better. However, he couldn't deny that he wanted to be closer to her this night. Not just because she seemed to calm the magic within him, but because he actually was becoming rather fond of her.

Of course she was attractive, but it was more than that. Despite being such a law geek, she was genuinely interesting, sharp and clever. Not to mention the fact that she clearly had a good heart. She'd shown him compassion that he was scarcely familiar with. Normally, convincing a gal to share a bed with him was no trouble at all. A simple 'so you wanna?' with a cockily raised eyebrow was all it took.

"It was my fault that you needed my bed on Saturday, and it's my fault that you would be on your couch tonight. If you wanted to..." He swallowed. Why was this so difficult? He knew why. It was because he genuinely feared that she'd say no. "I mean we could share your bed." He gave a weak smile. "I like to think that I'm a good cuddler." He actually blushed a bit. "I could use a good cuddle tonight."

Following his eyes to her bedroom door, she wondered why he was so resistant. Did he not want to except help from her? If not, why? He'd already admitted he needed her help, which was hard enough for some people. And he'd already let her take him home and make him comfort food. Was he still afraid she'd take his necklace? He'd been asleep when she stayed at his apartment. She could've taken it then. Or when he took it off at the library.

He wanted something to cuddle with. "Ok. I have a... teddy... bear?" Why is he blushing? The realization hit her like a train. Her eyes widened slightly and she blinked at him before looking back at her food. "Oh... You mean..." She turned red in her face and chest and was no longer able to make eye contact. If he thought asking was difficult for him, it seemed answering was nigh impossible for her. "Ummm..." Swallowing hard, she looked around for something, anything that would help her either find words. "Me... I..." For someone so articulate, she wasn't coming up with much.

"Sorry. I've just... never..." WWWWHHHYYY would you tell him that?! She looked mortified. It wasn't as though she could leave. It was her apartment. And if she retreated to her room to die of embarrassment in solitude, he could just leave and that could be dangerous for him. "Yeah. I mean... if you want?" That was weak and you sound stupid. She'd never done it before but she was pretty sure that wasn't how you were supposed to agree to sleep with someone.

Wait... Does he mean...? "I just wanna... be clear... We're just talking about... sleeping? Right?" Well if it wasn't obvious before, she was pretty sure it was clear after that remark that she'd never done either.

She'd never been with anyone. This was both explained quite a bit, and was not a surprise at all. After all, when he mentioned cuddling, she assumed he meant with a stuffed animal. He could only beam a smile as she stammered. Though he made sure not to smirk or grin. He didn't want her to think he was mocking him. To answer her question, he set his teacup on a table, walked over to her, and took her hands in his.

"We aren't talking about anything you don't want to do." He looked down, into her eyes. "I'd love to sleep, just sleep next to you, if you'll have me. You can even be big spoon if you like." He said that to reassure her, that she'd have more control over the situation, but really, he knew that he'd be more comfortable and feel safer himself with that configuration. "There's no pressure here, if you don't want to, I'll be fine. I promise. Nothing will change between us. I still need you - for however we are connected, and to help me pass Hale's class." He allowed himself to grin there, hoping that she might also laugh.

She swallowed hard again as he approached her and part of her wanted to step back but she was already against the counter. When he took her hands, she felt the heat and electricity of his power. Or was that just their connection? She didn't know which and she wasn't sure she cared at that particular moment. He said he needed her. It was nice to be needed, to be useful to someone, to help someone. But the thought of sleeping with him made her wish he 'wanted' more than 'needed' her. And she felt even more stupid for feeling such a thing.

Looking up at him, she bit her lip for a moment before replying, "I can't be the big spoon being so much shorter than you but I'll... I can... cuddle... with you?" She felt so utterly foolish. A hot guy wanted to be in her bed with her and she was confused by it. She was also apparently dead set on making it somehow even more awkward than it already was. With another bite of her lip, she nodded slightly, "Ok... yeah... ummm... I'll just need to... change..." Change literally everything about my entire personality.

"But umm," slipping her hands from his, "I should put stuff away." She shut off the coffee maker and poured the liquid into a pitcher for iced coffee in the morning. After placing it in the refrigerator, she put the dishes in the dishwasher. She was nervous and her hands were shaking slightly as she looked back at him. Clasping her hands together, she gave him another nod, "I'll um... just be a minute." Her head was swimming as she retreated to the bedroom to change into pajamas. It boggled her mind that she was looking specifically for something cute that he might like but not sexy enough that he might get the wrong idea. Her definition of sexy was tame, of course, and she knew that but she didn't want to encourage... Or did she?

Crap.

She emerged after a few minutes wearing a matching set of pants and a t-shirt in a warm blue pattern. The fabric was soft so she knew, even if she was terribly uncomfortable sharing her bed with someone, at least she had something soft against her skin. "Ummm I'm ready?"

Back
Top Bottom