Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Help with my request thread

Vidar

Super-Earth
Hey, I'm looking for some constructive criticism to help make my thread better. I would love to get more engagement to my thread, and help figuring out what I can do to improve it.

One thing to say, I'm trying to decide if I should add canon characters and pairings to this thread or make a separate to draw people to whichever they find more interesting.

You would be fine creating a second request thread for canon characters only if you wish; I usually think spreading out different types of request is good.

As for your current thread, one thing I would suggest is perhaps checking out one of the Design Team Request Thread Templates (link) to spruce it up a bit.

Finally I might consider a table, accordion or slider for separating your sections, along with headers - you can find the code for that in this BBCode Guide (link).

Wow that all looks complicated. I'll start checking it out. Thank you for the note. I'm not sure about the templates I don't have pictures on standby for some of them that has them, and sometimes I find them hard to read when they have templates like that, at least on my phone.

You can eliminate the pictures from them and use the code; and yes while it can be complicated if you need help then any member of the Design Team will be willing to assist you make it suitable for your purposes as well. : )

Ironically at the time I made it I thought it helped it look less cluttered, but that is a fair point after clicking those lol

It's just a pet peeve of mine. How much "work" are you asking the reader to do, so that they can see information that you think is important?

Keeping basic essential information visible with zero effort, while hiding more detailed information that only users who have a deeper interest want to see behind spoilers makes sense to me. Although where the line between essential and detailed information is? Still don't have a definitive answer for that one.

Back
Top Bottom