Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What Have We Gotten Ourselves Into...? (Chaos and Kiandra_Black)

Solanine took a breath her body quivering under the onslaught of feelings running through her. Her arousal spiked as both men began to plow into her body again, and she moaned their names, the words blurring together. Her power built around them, slowly enveloping them, and she grinned in her mind. As Kirk continued to slam into her body, she felt another climax rip through her, followed by a secondary one, causing her to arch and scream as she came, clenching around his cock.

With the second climax, she lost her grip on the power building, which hovered around them for a moment, before slamming into all three bodies, pushing orgasms into them, almost as if it would never end. Solanine arched between them, almost levitating off the bed, her large wings curling upwards around her body, brushing against Kirk and James.

There was a collective nutting all at once, as euphoria hit the two men like a tsunami, causing Kirk to collapse ontop of Solanine, panting and gasping, his eyes wide at the wild sensations coursing through his body.
James pulled back right before he was done, making a slight mess of her face as he stumbled back and fell to his knees, before allowing himself to simply sprawl out on the floor. The two men were shocked and amazed over what just happened, and laid there for a few minutes before coming to their senses. "Oooh, man. what was that..." James gasped, and then looked at Kirk who was rolling off of Solanine. "I told you."
"Quiet you, that was amazing..." Kirk panted, a grin on his face. "We'll have to do that again sometime...."
"You're on your own with that one, stop dragging me into your crazy messes." He said, glancing at the other two.
"Admit you had fun."
"Never." James replied back stubbornly, but the grin on his face betrayed him.

Solanine smirked as both males collapsed after cumming again. As Kirk rolled off her, she simply lay still, enjoying the aftermath of their collective orgasms. She took a deep breath, and then licked her lips, collecting part of the mess that James had left behind as he had stumbled backwards. She opened her eyes at his words, and grinned wickedly at him, her canines sharp and glistening in the light. Her chest heaved as her pounding heart began to slow, and her wings relaxed against the bed, one of them trapped under Kirk. She ignored the slight pain from it, enjoying instead the endorphins that were rushing through her body.

At their bantering, she laughed, a clear bell like note, and said, "I think, you will find, that I did indeed warn you that I was addictive... " She said as she began to pull her wing out from under Kirk, and she sat up, stretching her arms over her head, her glamoured back toward James. After she stretched, she stood, her naked body on full display as she headed towards the bathroom to clean up. She looked over her shoulder at them, and then said, "I would invite you two to share a shower, but I have a feeling we have to talk, and if we shower together, we'll get distracted... There's a bathroom down the hall, and another in the next room over. Give me about 10 mins and we can meet back here."

She showered quickly, turning the water cold against her skin. In the privacy of the shower, she released the last of her glamour, and her scars came into view, large ropy scars that covered her from her neck down to her ankles, the back of her wings bearing the brunt of it. She rested her forehead on the tiles of her bathroom, taking a breath as the cold water ran down her skin, soothing the ache for a moment. She stood straight again, and turned off the water, grabbing a towel, and drying off. She lifted her glamours again, appearing again as a normal Fae, one that wasn't broken, and stepped out into her room, a towel wrapped around her body and another in hand as she began to dry her hair.

By the time she got back to the room, the two men had showered off and were mostly dressed again, boxers and pants on, Kirk in a short sleeved shirt, and James in a long sleeved shirt. Both had their identical chain necklaces on over their shirts. They both sat on the edge of the bed, quietly discussing groceries and dinner for the night.
They looked up as she came in, Kirk with his friendly smile and James with his usual unenthused look.
"So, what next?" Kirk asked. "Since you seemed unsure if you could trust us, I suppose you could ask us some questions to get to know us better."
"We'll answer as best as we can but there's just things about us that not even Kirk will tell you." James added, crossing his arms as he eyed her. "So ask away, I'd like to get a move on with this mission."

Solanine rolled her eyes at James' response, and then turned to Kirk, "How did you end up with this sour pussy?" She turned away as she listened to his response, and then dropped her towel as she stepped into her closet, grabbing underwear and slipping it on over her long legs, before putting on a pair of black jeggings. She finished it off with a v-neck forest green shirt, with quarter sleeves. She came out, bending down in front of them to grab her towel, and then stood up, throwing it into the laundry basket behind her in the closet.

"Well, I do have some questions, and I'll respect your reasons for privacy, as long as you respect mine. And the two of you are more than welcome to ask you own questions, although there may be some I don't answer. "How did you two get started doing the type of job you do? It's not easy to get into unless you know the right people."

"Punishment." He said with a grin as he looked at his partner. "He kept getting in trouble for wandering off during assignments and I kept letting my mouth get me into fights. Not that I lost any of them but... 'management' wasn't happy with us. We were both given babysitting duty over some would be heroes that they didn't want getting themselves killed or side tracked and we had to learn to work together. Why they tasked us with such an important job I have no idea but it definitely taught us a few lessons." Kirk said thoughtfully.
James shrugged. "We work for an... 'organization' of sorts who tries to keep shit from going too far south but as you've probably noticed, this world run by villians at every turn, it's a losing war but at least we can win the occasional battle." He said, "What's a Fae nobble doing out here all alone? I don't even see any servants in this house. Even stranger, what's a Fae doing working for the law? I thought I had seen everything before but that really takes the cake."

"Ah, interesting." She said, as Kirk explained how they started working together. She nodded and sat down on the back of the couch, facing them as James continued their story. Seemed there was more to them than she could see. It would be interesting to run them by her contacts, see if she could pick up any extra info on them or on this organization that they worked for.

At James question, she visibly tensed, but sighed and forced herself to relax.
"My mother and I didn't see eye to eye on a certain matter. As I expressed myself in front of her council, I was punished, and then I decided that enough was enough. So I moved to the human world. She wasn't too happy about it, but since I'm no longer defying her within her kingdom, she leaves me alone. It took me a while to figure out what I wanted to do, but the father of a friend was a detective, and I really like puzzles and mysteries. So I trained under him, and now I have my own team. And the house keeps itself clean. So I don't really need servants."
She was a little miffed that he thought she was just a spoiled princess, that was far from the truth. She knew how to take care of herself, and she didn't need servants waiting on her hand and foot. Plus, while she may have been a princess, that hadn't protected her from the Queen's wrath when she had openly questioned her.

"Do you guys even know what the artifact that you two are tracking down looks like?"

"Vague descriptions, good enough to find the darn thing. Or Things, not quite sure how many there might be." Kirk said with a shrug.
"We'll know them when we see them, that's good enough for our mission." James said with a shrug. "The important thing is that we find them before this cult plays out their plans. I think our best move of action is find out where they're taking their victims. We could try capturing one of them but I do not think interrogation will do us much good. They're mad enough to try and summon an elder being, they'll die for their cause." He said. "Any other questions for us? I'd like to get back to work sooner than later."

Solanine nodded at his words, and then shook her head and laughed at his last.
"We could always try for someone under cover, it looks like they are grabbing them as they come into their Zenith of power. I can easily create a spell that mimics that, if capturing one of them doesn't work. Either way, I think we are good for now. Let me walk you two to the door."
She led the way down the steps, grinning at the trail of clothes left behind from their frenzied sex, and picked up her clothes as they walked towards the door. She opened it, and surprised Malachi, who stood at her doorstep, about to ring the doorbell.

"Hey, Malachi, this is unexpected. James, Kirk, this is Malachi, he's one of the investigators on my team."
Malachi gave each one of them a once over, then smiled, friendly as he raised his hand to shake theirs in greeting. Afterwards, he turned to Solanine, and said, "We've got a slight issue with the case. The twins discovered a body, and we think it might have been one of the perps."
"Got it. Well then, I'll see you two later." Solanine said, letting James and Kirk exit her house. She looked over at them then said, "I can let you guys investigate the body if you want, after we've done out preliminary search, if you two are interested. Otherwise, I'll just tell you the results later on..."

"If you can mimic the spell, that sounds like a solid plan. We should go with that, like last week." James said standing up. "That sounds like our best plan of action to find their lair." The two men then got dressed as they headed downstairs, putting on their clothes as they went.
They shook hands with Malachi and nodded to him.
"Nah, I don't think that will give us any info we need, but if you find anything otherwise let us know." James said, and the two men headed down the driveway on foot as they headed out, but as they did, James reached behind his back and produced a golden staff from thin air, the top of it curling in a tight hook shaped like the head of a dragon. As they walked he swirled it in a precise motion and soon the men blurred away as if walking at an insane pace. In a moment, they were gone.

Solanine and Malachi watched them go, and as they blurred away and disappeared from view, Malachi turned back to her.
"So who were they?"
"Kirk and James. No last name given, I met them last night when we were at Black Rose. I was dancing with Kirk when we dipped. Gave him my number, and today after I finished conferring with you all, Kirk texted me. Told me they had info on the perp that got away last night, and to meet up with them at Crescent Park."
"And you went alone and with no back up, of course..." Malachi said, interrupting her. She glared at him playfully, before shaking her head and continuing, "Either way, seems like they are here, working the same case, although from a different angle. James said they work for an organization that keeps artifacts out of the wrong hands. Currently they are trying to hunt down an artifact that could summon an old one, and we think it is connected to all our missing persons files. I'm going to be working closely with them."
"And fucking them was just a perk?"
"Malachi, I get that you might not like it, but it's my life."
"Yeah boss, but we worry about you. You know that!"
"I know. But I hardly think a couple days and nights of fun, is going to lead to anything serious, or heartbreaking. James doesn't seem to really like me."
"He obviously liked something, or he wouldnt' have left with that satisfied grin on his face." Malachi continued to tease her, and to her horror, she actually blushed. That caused Malachi to laugh harder at her as the two walked back towards the kitchen.

"All right, you've had your fun. Where's the body?"
"Still at the scene, awaiting your expert opinion and trained gaze."
"Got it, let's roll." Solanine said, leading out the back and to the garage. While she mounted her ride, Malachi got into his cruiser, which was sitting in her driveway, and she followed him down the road, towards the scene.

When the two men got back to their apartment, Kirk plopped down onto the soft leather couch, kicking his shoes off and put his feet up on the wooden coffee table. "Boy, that sure was fun."
"Her magic was out of control, we could have been in serious trouble were we lesser men."
"Ah, but we are not lesser men, and that was quite the experience."
"One I plan on avoiding in the future." James said, crossing his arms and leaned against the wall.
"Ah come on man, at least admit you had fun!"
"I most certainly will not!"
"Admit it!" Kirk said jumping up, "Admit it right now or so help me!"
"Alright! Fine! She sucked dick like a champ and it felt amazing! It's almost a shame we didn't get to switch positions..." He said trailing off as he pressed his chin into one of his fists.
"Ah ha!" Kirk said pointing. "I knew you'd enjoy it!"
"Look! We're not here to enjoy ourselves! We're here to get a job done!"
"Bah! You're never happy unless you're lost in the woods or on top of a mountain!"
"Pffft, I never get lost." James said turning his nose up at Kirk.
"Whatever man, you still owe me a soda, come on, I want burritos." Kirk said, slipping back into his shoes and headed back out the door.
The two of them stopped at a cramped section of the city with four food places right next to each other, Asian, Greek, Italian, and Mexican, a man's heaven for food. None of the places were very clean but the food was authentic and delicious. James bought Kirk a mexican coke while Kirk ordered himself a five meat burrito, before going and getting himself a Gyro next door.
There was a small park nearby where the two men went to eat, discussing where to investigate next. "Well she did say she could mimic the zenith effect," Kirk said bettween bites of shrimp and beef. "So maybe we should just get ahold of her tonight? I don't know if we should try the same club twice or try another one?"
"Eh, maybe a different one, lightning doesn't strike in the same place twice and all that, most likely they want to avoid hitting the same spots too close together, places always tend to tighten up security for awhile."
"Think she can do it?"
"Probably, you never know what the Fae can do until they do it. But mimicing a spell seems right up their alley."
"Right, I'll call her tonight then and meet up with her tonight."
"Sure, I'll swing by the book store later and see if they got any of those ancient texts in, just call me if anything comes up."
"Right." And the two men went back to finishing their delicious meals.

Solanine got off her ride, looking around the crime scene. They were off one of the major highways, and she told one of the officers on scene to get her a map. She approached the coroner, and smiled at him, asking, "Do we know if this is connected to our case?"
"I think it is. Their power was drained. Completely. Not a drop left. He isn't one of the missing person's though, which leads me to believe that it could be part of the group behind the kidnappings."
"Do you have any idea how they were drained?"
"Not yet. Have to give him a full workup, but..." the coroner lifted the white sheet covering the body, and motioned her closer, "See how his hair is completely white? That's all over, not just on his head. It means that whoever did this is very powerful. I'm also wondering why they would dump this body here..."
"Well, We will figure this out. I've got a lead, and we'll see if that pans out. Thanks Leo."
"Welcome. I'll get you the full report when I'm done with it."

Solanine got up from her crouched position, and started looking around the area. the map was brought over to her, and she looked at it, before closing her eyes and feeling out for he ley lines that laced the land. She walked out to the tree line, and a large old Dryad called out to her.
"Blessing be, old one. Did you see what happened here?"
Visions assaulted her, and she steadied herself with a hand on the old oak tree. The dryad hadn't seen much, a dark sedan driving by, and the body being tossed out of the moving vehicle. She was about to pull away, but stopped as the dryad showed her another body, this one many years ago, drained exactly like the body now. Solanine pulled away, knowing that the dryad didn't view time like she did, so there was no point in asking her how long it had been. She turned back to the officers, and said, "I want a search in this area, we might have another body, although I doubt there will be much."

She walked back to Malachi, the headache forming between her eyes causing her to wince.
"This might have happened before, and they probably weren't successful. I'll have to ask James and Kirk about it... We are going to try to mimic a zenith, to see if they'll strike."
"Think that's a good idea?"
"Right now, it's the only plan we've got."

He nodded and she walked away, heading back to her mount and then riding off towards the station.

There was a jingle of bells as James walked into the old bookstore, the wonderful scent of old books hitting his nose as he walked in. It was a deep three story building snuggly tucked in between a tower of a bank and a gym, almost hidden from view, but easy to find if you needed it. James looked around as he stepped inside, orienting himself with the place for a moment, before turning for the main desk.
Before he got there though, a small but well endowed woman with curly hair and wide rimmed glasses that seemed more for show than purpose nearly ran into him in her excitement. "O-oh! James! I thought that was you!"
James blinked for a moment, before gently taking her shoulders and pushed the blushing bookwork back a few inches. "Ah, Charlene. Yes. I came to ask about the..." He let go of her shoulders and took a large step back as he noticed how bright red she was turning. "Books, I was looking for."
"A-ah, ya, those.... Wong said he was only able to find one of them, but it might be the one you need? He said it should be here in a few days, some place up the coast apparently has it. He tried to get it shipped as soon as possible, assumed you didn't mind the extra charge."
"Alright, I guess that's fine, I would have liked it today but that's fine, and no I don't mind, I'm not worried about a few dollars." He said, and glanced around the book store for a moment. "Well, thanks then, give me a call when it comes in." He said, and turned to leave.
"Ah... yes... Uhm... J-James," She called after him, causing him to pause. "W-what a-are you doing this weekend?" Her face was bright red and it was clear it took a lot of nerve for her to ask.
James sighed, and shook his head, turning around to talk to her. "Charlene, please. You're a wonderful girl, I would love nothing more than to take you out, but I'd hate myself for breaking your heart. I told you I wouldn't be in town long, I never am, and if I have one rule, it's Don't Get Attached." He said, and felt awful as he saw her face drop. "I'm sorry. But that's how it has to be." He said, and shook his head sadly as he walked out the door. He'd have to cheer her up before he left, perhaps find her a fellow bookworm to date. He hated breaking hearts, but he was baffled by their interest in him, he always kept himself distant, never showed interest, and yet there was always one in every town.
~~~~
It was nearly dusk when Solanine's phone rang, it was Kirk calling her. "Aaaayyy..!" Came his voice. "What is up my beautiful fairy princess? Good news i hope! Think you'll have that spell ready by tonight?" He asked, lounged out on the couch with his feet on the table, he was relaxing at home with his shirt off and a bottle of rum on the table. "I think I picked out just the right bar to lay our trap out. Really hoping we can catch something tonight and wrap up this case!"

Solanine was grinning as her phone rang. She had just gotten the spell to work, and smirking to herself, she grabbed her phone and answered it, "Hello Kirk... Your beautiful fae princess huh? ... Haha, yes I got the spell working flawlessly... Sounds good, we can be ready for tonight... There is a side affect though. I have to bind my powers, so I'll be pretty much defenseless for about 4 hours until it wears off. Think you two can handle it if things get dicey? My team will be providing assistance on the outside, they'll have the perimeter secured in case something gets past you two."

At his last words, she smirked, "What ready to leave so soon?" Her teasing words came over the phone and at his answer, she laughed.
"I'll see you two later. Have to get ready for tonight... bye."

A couple hours later, Solanine got dressed, a blue dressy tank top with silver chains, dark blue pants, that encased her ass and legs, and black ankle boots, a 3 inch wedge heel that she could run in easily. She pulled her hair up, exposing her long pointy ears, and pulled her glamours over herself. Normal, unassuming, just a regular Fae who was about to receive her zenith.

"We can more than handle ourselves, don't worry about that. Even James is good in a fight after all these years and me? Well, that's just my specialty." He said smiling broadly even if she couldn't see it. "James will have a small tracker for you to wear incase they do get away with you two, either way, we should find out where they're keeping the victims soon enough." He said, and laughed at her next comment. "Ah well, James is always in a hurry to go anywhere but here and I'd like to stop these bastards before they summon some big evil baddie." he added. "Alright, take care."
Later that night they all met in a park a street down from the club, Kirk wearing a bright red silk shirt again and this time James was wearing a pale yellow vest over a white long sleeve, both of them had their dark metal chains visible in sight over their clothes. James handed Solanine a roughly oval yellow gem on a small dark gray chain. "Hear, where this somewhere, I have a spell going that will let me track it anywhere within a hundred miles. I think our best option is just let them take you away to wherever they're keeping the women, and we'll just follow from the shadows until we can confirm all the victims are there."

Solanine took the gem, looking it over, before smiling sweetly at James, "Thanks." She ran her fingers over the chain, and then wrapped it around her neck, letting the gem fall down and land between her breasts, warming up to her body heat quickly. She took a deep breath, and then expanded her power, almost like it was a living thing, stretching out and fluttering around the two men next to her. As she exhaled, she stretched it out, and then, at her inhale, sucked every little drop of power back into, locking it tightly away in a chest within her mind.

It took aa while, as she still had to maintain her high level glamour over her wings and back, but eventually, she appeared as a Fae, about to receive her Zenith.

"All right. Wish me luck." She said, a wry grin on her lips, before she turned and proceeded them down the street. At the door to the club, she turned and winked at them, before surreptitiously pointing to a black shadow above the door, reminding them that her team was in position as well.

Within the walls of the club, she took a breath, her eyes taking in the people around her as she moved through the crowd.

A couple hours passed, with no action. Solanine was about to think this was another bust, when suddenly, the night changed, a charge in the air. She took air into her lungs, and headed towards the bathroom. She met Kirk's eyes, and then shrugged. She wasn't sure if he could feel it or not. As she reached the bathroom, she was snatched from behind, pulled back into a hard male body, a hand over her mouth to keep her from alerting anyone. He dragged her down into the basement, as her spell clicked, mimicking a zenith power surge. She felt the body behind her chuckle, and as she was pulled into a circle of power, she started to struggle half-heartedly. Without him realizing it, she slipped the gem James had given her into a pocket in the sleeveless cloak the man was wearing, just in case.
"Stop." His word was laced with power, a compulsion spell that she fought. He pushed her down, and she turned to face him, snarling at him. As he looked at her, head tilting, he smirked at her, and she tried to stand.
The lightbulb went off in his mind, and he realized it was a ploy as he watched her fight against his spell. A normal fae just reaching their Zenith wouldn't have enough power to fight against him. His face changed, and he battered her against the wall, an iron dagger growing in his right hand as he held her pressed against the wall with his left around her neck.

"Hope this was worth it." He whispered into her ear, biting the tip harshly before slamming the iron dagger into her stomach, pining her to the wall behind her. She gasped, and then watched him disappear into smoke, stuck to the wall as she was. Smoke rose from her wound, and she cried out as she wrapped her fingers around the hilt of the dagger, trying to pull it out. She groaned, and closed her eyes, knowing Kirk and James would follow the gem. Hopefully they would save the girls. She heard a commotion at the steps and opened her eyes weakly to see Malachi looking at her in shock. He rushed to her side and began to check her over.
"You'll have to pull it out..." She said, as he shook his head, "Not yet. I'll have to pull you off the wall first. Otherwise, I won't be able to put pressure on the wound."
"Just need it out... i... I'll be ... fine."
"Really?" Malachi looked at her, doubt in his eyes. At her nod, he shook his head, but did as told, pulling the dagger from her stomach. Blood dripped out, and she fell to her knees, biting her lip to keep from screaming. Malachi almost threw the dagger away, but Solanine grabbed his arm, "Get that to the station. One of our perps created it. It could have evidence."
"I need to worry about you."
"Get me out of the circle. I'll make it home."

A bit of power left over, her glamours melting away as she made it to her mount. With Malachi's help, she got on, the bike wrapping around her protectively, and then rushing home.

Safe within her home, she collapsed inside her front door, eyes closing as she struggled to take a deep breath. Blood pooled around her as her wound began to heal slowly. Her glamours stripped away, wings hanging limply at her sides, large rope scars crisscrossing the surface.

James positioned himself outside the club and around the corner, staying on the sidewalk incase anyone came in by foot, however it seemed most likely they would try more sneaky means through magic and a lower basement area.
Kirk kept to the club dance floor, bumping and grinding with several hot ladies and paying more attention than one would think possible given the situation.
The night went slow, James paced up and down the sidewalk and occasionally around the block, getting caught up with the rare conversation throughout the night, although he gave little interest and kept it short.
Eventually though, his artifact for the tracking gem he gave her went off, and he found the location to have moved halfway across the city in a blink of an eye. "Kirk." He said into an ear piece. "Get out here, now. We need to move, fast." He said, and walked down the street, around a corner, and into the alley way behind the club where Kirk met him as he was pulling out his staff again.
The two men exited out on the other end of the alleyway, and blurred down the road to arrive on location in under a minute. Kirk waved his hand to make the two of them mostly undetectable as they slipped in through a side door into the abandoned building.
Kirk drew out a dark metal club that matched his chain, carved and styled in an intricate way, and got to work dispatching of any cultist they came across in a nonlethal way. The odds of them gathering any information from any of them was next to zil, but at least it would give the cops something to do in the coming days.
It didn't take them long to find the victims, terrified and malnourished, but all mostly unharmed and alive. With one last sweep for cultists and traps they called in the location to team and got to work tieing up the tourists.
"She isn't here. Something must have gone down in the club." Kirk said, puzzled.
"Ya, look here." He said reaching into the pocket of one of the cultists and pulled out the tracking gem. "She must have gotten hurt and had to do some quick thinking, we better check that she's alright."
"I'm sure she is." Kirk said reassuredly.
When the cops arrived the two men directed them to the victims and cultists, and inquired upon her closer associates on the situation of Solanine.

Malachi looked at them, grim-faced as his team took over with the cops. He led them away from prying ears, and said, "The perp stabbed in her in the gut with an iron dagger. She didn't want help, and while I know she'll eventually heal... she wasn't looking so good. We'll be busy here for a while, and I would rather not have to explain the two of you to the rest of the cops. Would you mind going to her house to make sure she got home okay?"

Solanine coughed, and shifted against the stairs, her body feeling like it was burning up as it tried to expel the iron left behind in her wound. As she coughed again, blood dripped from her lips, and she winced at the pain coursing through her. She probably should have been seen by the medic, but she hated doctors and hospitals, and there was no point when she usually healed quickly... Usually being the operative word. She didn't think she would be healing from this wound anytime soon. She coughed again, and nearly screamed from the pain, blacking out for a moment. When she came to again, she was cold, eyes dull, and the usual shine of the Fae was tarnished with cold iron. Her body shivered, and coagulated blood cooled under her body, sticking her to the floor.

The two men exchanged worried looks, and then nodded to Malachi. "Sure. We'll head right over there." James said, and the two men headed right out, James pulling out his staff as soon as they were out of sight of the cops, and once more taking the two of them to their destination in no time at all, hurrying up to the front door as they arrived.
James went to knock on the door, but before he could Kirk was already swinging it open. "No time." He said in a hurried voice, and he paused just a few feet in, staring worried at Solanine. "By the Maidens..." He breathed, and glanced back at James as he walked in.
James looked her over for a moment and sighed, shaking his head. "You look like shit." He said as he walked over and knelt on the stairs by her. "Do you have a med kit or do I need to head home and get one?" He said, glancing at Kirk who hurried over to examine the wound. with his battle expertise.

Solanine looked up at James, not quite focusing on him. She heard him speaking, but it took a moment for his words to actually come to her. She tried to take a breath, which only caused her to have a coughing fit, and she turned her head away from them, trying to keep from coughing on them. She finally whispered her answer, "Up...stairs. My bath...room..." Her words were quiet gasping sounds, and she closed her eyes as she fell into the black void. Her body shivered, and the movement caused her to cry out in pain and awaken, her eyes opening wide. She felt cold, although if they were to put their hand on her, the heat from the fever she now had would cause them to feel the heat from a few inches away. She shivered again, and let her head fall against the stairs, her body weakening. A fresh gush of blood stained the floor beneath her, and she groaned.

James was up the stairs and back in a flash, while Kirk moved her to the floor for a more stable position. Kirk got to work with the medkit quick enough, ensuring the wound was clear of any remaining iron as he worked to stich up the wounds and bandage them up. While he worked on that James left to get more effective supplies, returning thirty minutes later with a leather satchel.
"Right, something's gotta work, fae can't be all that different, especially if she's holding a mortal form." He said, and rummaged around in the satchel for a half a moment before pulling out a liquid vial. He waved it in the air for Kirk to look at, who only shrugged.
"Sure, might work, should at least keep her from dying. Just give her a little to drink and then pour it over the wound."
"Are you sure? Shouldn't it be one or the other?"
"Ya, that yellow one is a little different, needs to go both ways." He said, taking the bottle and popping the cork. He poured a bit of it past her lips and then poured the rest of it over her stomach, having James turn her slightly to pour the remaining amount on her back, before resting her down again. He then took the bag from James and looked around in it. "Hmmm, been awhile since we needed any of this..."

Solanine groaned in pain as Kirk moved her from the stairs to a stable position on the floor. The blood clot that had formed against the stairs ripped away from her wound, and she cried out, head lolling to one side. As they worked over her form, she came in and out of consciousness, eyes glazing over as she tried to look at them. As Kirk made her drink some of the potion, she swallowed weakly, her eyes half-lidded with exhaustion. She knew they were trying to help her, and as James lifted her up to pour the remaining potion on the wound on her back, her wings fluttered against him.
Her wounds, now free of the iron began to clot, the blood coagulating into dark splotches against her dull skin. She gasped, and moved her head to the side, slipping away into the black void of darkness, the pain rendering her unconscious. The scars that crisscrossed her wings, back, and legs were bright silvery red against her skin, and now Kirk and James could see every single one in excruciating detail. This was not the back of a pampered princess, this was torture, and pain.

"Damn, no wonder she doesn't talk to her mom anymore. That looks painful..." Kirk said, seeing all the silvery scars.
"Ya... No wonder she was so hesitant to drop her glamor..." James replied. The men looked over her for a bit, and once it was clear she was stabilized, they carried her up stairs, cleaned her up, redressed her wounds, and laid her down in bed with only the sheets for covering. James then got to work cleaning up the mess and left the satchel with Kirk as he watched over Solanine to monitor her. They weren't sure it was a good idea to handle this themselves, Kirk only had a basic knowledge of combat field medicine, while James had a bit of knowledge in survival medicine. While they were older than they looked, it was a problem they rarely had to deal with and it was almost always dealt with by someone else. At the very least though, they could keep her stable.
"Alright, blood's all cleaned up, how is she?"
"Her breathing is steady, still asleep."
"Ya, she might not be awake until tomorrow..."
"Alright, you head out and let her department know the situation, I know how antsy you get." Kirk said with a grin.
"Very well then, Let me know when she's awake and I'll head back over." James said, still frustrated with this whole thing. "You know, not a damn one of those cultists was in charge of operations and the artifact was nowhere to be found."
"Hey, at least we rescued all the victims, and all in one piece."
"Ya, that's good, but now they're going to get bolder, we need to move faster. We need a Serenity on this."
Kirk laughed. "Ya, like they'll send somebody else to help us, it's not like the world is at risk or anything."
"True, but when is it not? Always some whacko threatening the end of the damn world every other weekend!"
"Ya true, alright, get on out of here." Kirk said, waving off James before turning his focus back to Solanine.
James turned and left, nodding to his friend as he left, and swung back by the crime scene as it was still ongoing, he did a quick search for Malachi, walking right past a cop who tried to stop him from entering the crime scene without a word. "Hey, I have good news, your coworker is in stable condition, she should recover by the end of the week." He said, and glanced around the crime scene. "Find anymore clues? We didn't find the artifact and none of these guys are in charge, you might have a third in command at best, their main base of operations has to be somewhere else."

Malachi watched James as he walked past the police holding the line and grinned. Solanine probably had bitten off more than she could chew with those two, but it seemed well worth it to have them on their side. As James approached him, he nodded his head in greeting, and smiled knowing that Solanine was going to be okay. He followed James gaze around the crime scene, and answered, "Yeah, found a couple clues that we are keeping away from the human cops radar. I don't usually break protocol and give evidence to people who aren't in the force, but we found a really old tome, you two should probably take it and check it out. We also found a map they were using to map out strong ley lines. Here."
Malachi passed him the old book they had found, it's pages stained by age, and it's bindings made of a leather skin from an old extinct creature. "It's Naga skin. And old. The twins checked it out before we decided to give it to you."
Malachi motioned him to follow him over to where the map lay, "We'll keep the map for now, and hopefully find some of the caches listed. You can take a picture if you'd like. One of the twins will scry it for any more information that we might glean from it. Otherwise, you guys did good in apprehending the guys, although it's true none of them is the head honcho."

Solanine opened her eyes and sucked in air, nearly screaming from the pain. Her scars pulsed with a grey light, and she shifted in the bed, burying her head into the pillow to muffle her scream of agony. Her wings hung limply over her, baring her back for Kirk to see, the long lines of the scars puffing up and becoming swollen.

Back
Top Bottom