Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Better than Yesterday Game

IMG_2639.jpg

Day 16!

So what I do, job wise, already relies a lot on teamwork, therefore we are all already helping each other fairly regularly, without any of us having to ask.

So instead, I asked the Assistant Manager if there was anything outside of work that I could personally assist her with.

Turns out, she's having a party at her house soon. She and a group of her friends do one every month at each others houses and they each have a theme. So this go round, it's being hosted at my coworkers house and it's 1970's themed. They do games and prizes and so on, all around general fun!

Anyways, together her and I searched the webs for some groovy little gifts for her to give at her shendig, found a backdrop for their picture sesh they want to do and hunted down a trivia book, so that they can do a trivia game.

So when I asked her if there was something, other than the web searching, that I could do to help, she asked me if I would take the book when she got it in and chose a total of 50 questions, 25 for each team and their answers. She would like to participate in the trivia game, hence she asked if I would do the questions and answers. The answer sheets are going to be put in envelops and sealed so that the host can participate as well.

I'm about half way done, I'm going to re-write then all neatly though also, so that they are legible. It's a lot of fun actually! I was born late 70's, I know alot of the answers but I'm also learning new things as I go along! So………it's a fun win win!

#betterthanyesterday #betterthanyesterday268

IMG_2640.jpg

IMG_2657.jpg

Day 17!

Not much of a calming view but it could also be worse, I suppose! Spent 5 minutes looking out the back window and the other 5 looking out the front window. Needless to say, back yard was by far more still than the front.

#betterthanyesterday #betterthanyesterday209

IMG_2659.jpg

IMG_2664.jpg

IMG_2711.jpg

Day 18!

SOMETHING! 🤣🤷🏼‍♀️ Well I mean……I coulda left it there and it would have been accurate…..right? 🤣

Seriously though……

#betterthanyesterday #betterthanyesterday297

IMG_2710.jpg

IMG_2726.jpg

Day 19!

"Shoot for the Moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the Stars."

#betterthanyesterday #betterthanyesterday206

IMG_2724.jpg

I love the last challenge for sure. I did stare out my window for 10 minutes which was...way harder than I thought it would be, lol. But hey I got to contemplate life. xD
Unfortunately…..I see outside my windows every day from taking the doggo outside regularly and it’s always the same ol, same ol.

It would have probably been better if I’d done this one at work honestly but alas….it’s not how the card was drawn. 🤣 but…..it was hard to just stay still long enough to stare out for the alotted time for sure! Lmao

IMG_2745.jpg

Day 21!

So I have started this. Gotta finish some stuff up in the bathroom and start getting stuff hung up. May add a picture of the completed work later. Because everyone will need to see my mermaid/lighthouse/sea stuff decor! My shower curtain alone is something to marvel at!
😍🧜🏻‍♀️

#betterthanyesterday #betterthanyesterday123

69604245483__8BB5E2B0-0799-4A6D-A488-2FF441143015.jpg

IMG_2798.jpg
Day 23!

Anyone that knows me, knows I absolutely LOVE Jeff-fa-fa…..Dun……Haaaam! And Peanut especially, as well as the rest of his crazy crew! So when I saw this one on Netflix, well……it was an easy choice! Now….excuse me while I finish watching it. In other words……"Silence…..I keeel you!" ❤️🤣

#betterthanyesterday #betterthanyesterday100

IMG_2800.jpg

I redownloaded the Calm app on my phone...I don't know if they're for me >.> but in the spirit of this I'll give it another shot.
Agreed! I’m not entirely sure meditation is one of my bag of tricks. Lol I am by far too fidgety if I’m being honest and sometimes silence is required and I can’t stand straight silence either. I’d rather get out into the world and explore a place that catches my interest, that would be my best form of meditation, I think.

IMG_2832.jpg
Day 24!

I'm at work….so this is probably the most appropriate vibe currently. 🤣🤷🏼‍♀️ I repeat……I'm at work. All good songs though and…..the new Nickleback song, San Quentin……slaps…….fight me!

#betterthanyesterday #betterthanyesterday213

IMG_2831.png

IMG_2846.jpg
Day 25!

I'm sure there is much more to delve into and I will be doing so but here are the basics!

#betterthanyesterday #betterthanyesterday83

IMG_2847.jpg

IMG_2848.webp

IMG_2849.jpg

IMG_2850.jpg

I am a Taurus (birthday - April 21st) and here is mine:

Taurus Traits-
Strengths: Reliable, patient, practical, devoted, responsible, stable
Weaknesses: Stubborn, possessive, uncompromising
Taurus likes: Gardening, cooking, music, romance, high quality clothes, working with hands
Taurus dislikes: Sudden changes, complications, insecurity of any kind, synthetic fabrics
Practical and well-grounded, Taurus is the sign that harvests the fruits of labor. They feel the need to always be surrounded by love and beauty, turned to the material world, hedonism, and physical pleasures. People born with their Sun in Taurus are sensual and tactile, considering touch and taste the most important of all senses. Stable and conservative, this is one of the most reliable signs of the zodiac, ready to endure and stick to their choices until they reach the point of personal satisfaction.

Taurus is an Earth sign, just like Virgo and Capricorn, and has the ability to see things from a grounded, practical and realistic perspective. They find it easy to make money and stay on same projects for years, or until they are completed. What we often see as stubbornness can be interpreted as commitment, and their ability to complete tasks whatever it takes is uncanny. This makes them excellent employees, great long-term friends and partners, always being there for people they love. Earthly note makes them overprotective, conservative, or materialistic at times, with views of the world founded on their love of money and wealth.

The ruler of Taurus is Venus, the planet of love, attraction, beauty, satisfaction, creativity and gratitude. This tender nature will make Taurus an excellent cook, gardener, lover, and artist. They are loyal and don't like sudden changes, criticism or the chase of guilt people are often prone to, being somewhat dependable on other people and emotions they seem to be unable to let go of. Still, no matter their potential emotional challenge, these individuals have the ability to bring a practical voice of reason in any chaotic and unhealthy situation.

Taurus – the Wandering Bull Being the one who betrayed their best friend, goddess Hera herself, this is an unfortunate being that has to wander the Earth in order to find freedom. As if something was always poking them behind their back, reminding them of happiness that once was, stinging and pushing forwards, they close up in their own worlds, lonely and separated from their core. To find love, a Taurus has to travel the world, change perspective or make a shift in their entire belief system and their system of values.

I'm a stubborn ass, basically. xD But not the worst, haha.

IMG_2877.jpg
Day 26!

Ok….like I don't already do this every day! It does calm me and he knows this….whenever I'm feeling upset in any kind of way, he innately knows this and will immediately stop what he's doing and bring me a toy to throw, he will make me play fetch with him and focus on that rather than whatever is bothering me. And when I'm calm, he will go back to what he's doing. He is such a good boy and I tell ya…….we do not deserve doggos! My cats would disagree though….or they like to pretend to disagree……whenever they aren't secretly playing with the dog, when they think I'm not looking! 🤣

#betterthanyesterday #betterthanyesterday125

IMG_2881.jpg

IMG_2880.jpg

IMG_2903.jpg
Day 27!

So this one was hard for me to write out. Because while I might need to forgive myself……I probably never will….no matter what anyone says to me. Was I as bad as my own personal experience with my birth parents? No, I wasn't and that's probably the only sanity I have in any of this but…..was I as good as I could have been, should have been? Also, No….I wasn't and there's no excuse because I did have a better parenting model than my birth parents but I still wasn't all that great of a parent I suppose. Yes my kid turned out alright and she's doing better in her adult life than I think I was doing at her age but yeah…..I still know that I was never the parent I should have been and I was expected to be.

#betterthanyesterday #betterthanyesterday25

IMG_2904.jpg

IMG_2914.jpg
Day 28!

Yeah, yeah…..I know…..I misspelled "losing" weight…..I'm ummmm….drawing out the "o"! Yeah…..let's go with that and not the fact that I'm tired as all get out instead. 👀🤣

#betterthanyesterday #betterthanyesterday215

IMG_2915.jpg

IMG_2920.jpg
Day 29!

Ok….wasn't sure how I was going to do this one. I haven't done the drawing thing in…..ages…..so definitely way way out of the loop, so I decided to have a good laugh and a little fun.

#betterthanyesterday #betterthanyesterday20

IMG_2921.jpg

IMG_2922.jpg

Again slight delay but here's five things I'm looking forward to:

1. My next paycheck.
2. Visiting the dog my mom is babysitting.
3. The pork chops I have ready to go.
4. My girlfriend visiting me tomorrow.
5. My AC getting fixed (in a few hours, hopefully)

IMG_2929.jpg
Day 30!

Ya know…..you wouldn't believe how hard this actually was. Full transparency….it would have been a thousand times easier to answer why I loved anyone else in the world.

#betterthanyesterday #betterthanyesterday109

IMG_2930.jpg

IMG_2948.jpg
Day 31!

Ok so…..if by "Bake" they meant confectionary baking…….not happening. 🤣 I'm on a diet, so I'm trying to steer away from sugary sweets anyways but….the bottom of the card does say to "Create something delicious from start to finish and be proud of your effort." Which I have done!

I made my chili instead! Which to me is always delicious and I am quite proud of it because it's actually something that my daughter, when in the mood for chili, loves to eat. She's a picky little thing even in her adult years. So….ya know, given that she eats my chili and loves it…..yeah, I'm proud of it.

#betterthanyesterday #betterthanyesterday164

IMG_2947.jpg

IMG_2961.jpg
Day 32!

I hate these kinds of things, where I have to stop and think about myself. lol 🤷🏼‍♀️

#betterthanyesterday #betterthanyesterday104

IMG_2962.jpg

IMG_2990.jpg
Day 33!

Being an introvert, this one might have been a little more difficult had I not actually talked to my neighbor before. Briefly. He's often not home for several days. My doggo absolutely loves "his boys" as I call them. It's father and sons (one older and two younger, usually just one of the younger boys is around though) that live upstairs from me. The young son is such a sweet kid and just absolutely loves Reno and Reno just loves him. Bolts up the stairs and into their apartment to visit whenever they're home. I even got a hug from Aston this evening! 🤗 and a thank you for letting him always see Reno.

I stood and chatted with his dad for a while. And in the process of doing so, will be getting a table for my arts and crafts, which I've been on the look out for for some time now. He said he has some extra laying around and he will bring me one. He will also collect up any and everything he thinks I might be able to use in my arts and crafts (plastics, metals, gears and such, recyclable stuff that I can use) and make sure I get it, so that I can start making stuff once I get everything else in order. Which will start to fall easily into place once I have that table! 🤗

#betterthanyesterday #betterthanyesterday224

Back
Top Bottom