Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Closer Than Ever (DarkofNight x EtherealElvenEmpress)

DarkofNight

Super-Earth
His phone pinged with a message. Rob put the mop to one side and reached for the phone left sitting on the kitchen counter, playing music to try and keep him motivated and moving. "We're on our way with Riley!" the message from his mother said. That meant he was running out of time.

He was three years older than his little sister. He went to college right away, and was considering grad school now that he was getting set to graduate next year. His little sister Riley had just finished high school and had applied to the same school he went to. Their parents of course were elated, as that meant their kids were only a little over an hour away when it came time to visit and moreover, they could visit both of them at once. And then came the reason he was spending his Saturday morning cleaning fervently and with exacting effort. His parents had been helping him out with rent for the last couple of years. His father offered to sweeten the deal, pay his rent and utilities outright, as long as he let Riley live with him.

And yeah, Rob saw his point. She was his little sister, so 'protect' mode was default. She was going to be infinitely safer living with her older brother than she would be even in an all-girl dormitory. Realistically, in another year or so if Riley wanted to move out of the dorms and get an apartment, it was still cheaper than helping both of them with rent on separate apartments. It made sense, in a lot of different ways. Rob couldn't say no. The arrangement was going to make his life much easier in some respects and more complicated in others. He could cut back on the hours he was working for one, spend more time focusing on studying and enjoying himself.

On the other hand, he could hardly bring home a one-night stand with his own little sister living in the same apartment, could he? Not that that kind of thing happened very often. Maybe twice in the last three years, but a guy could hope right? On a similar front, there was an additional plus to moving up to college when he did. Riley had been growing up. She had always been pretty as a child, but around the time Rob was headed off to college, she was getting into high school and really growing up. "Cute" and "pretty" started getting replaced with "gorgeous" and "hot" and more than one of Rob's friends got a quick jab on the chin as a warning, but it wasn't as if Rob hadn't noticed too. At least at college, he didn't have the daily reminders about how attractive his sister was, even though when they did see each other every couple of months, he was inevitably astonished that she kept getting better and better looking. Now he had signed himself up for daily exclusive reminders of that fact.

That was a distant worry of course. Getting Riley moved into the apartment was the mission today. Their father had sent Rob money ahead of time to get her some furniture. Rob had bought a set secondhand from someone who was graduating and moving out of town, he figured he would give Riley what was left over in case she had any surprise expenses. Now their mother and father were on their way up with Riley and a car full of her stuff. And that was the source of worry for Rob, and what motivated him to be up at the crack of dawn making sure the apartment was spotless.

He hated to admit it but the last thing he wanted was to deal with his mother giving him the business for not keeping his household absolutely pristine and spotless, and that happened every time she came for a visit and he didn't go into absolutely exacting detail to make sure everything was perfectly cleaned the way she did at her own house. He returned to mopping, less than an hour now before Riley and their parents got here.

This was a long awaited transition. Finally college! She had waited years to get away and be on her own and learn about herself but the one downside was moving in with her older brother. Even though Riley was still excited.

Growing up his little sister had started off as the very ugly duckling over the years she grew into herself. Her parents were more than worried to send their little girl off to University. Riley could not help but be excited the part of her was a bit sad that she was going to move in with her older brother. That meant limiting her chances of meeting guys or bringing them back to a dorm room especially since her older brother would be looking out for her. In the long run that was not a bad thing considering he would make sure no bad guys would take advantage of her.

The prospect of living off campus in an apartment exponentially made her pretty cool or at least she thought so especially since she was a freshman with such nice accommodations. Then worry sank in. She would be living and her brother shadow yet again. It was no surprise that she adored her brother but being compared to him all the time took a toll on her especially since he seem to be Mr. perfect in her eyes.

Smart and handsome. Great with people. Everyone loved Rob. Would they love her too? Oh they be comparing her to her brother even in college. Initially she had bet your parents to let her stay in the dormitories because she wanted the full college experience but they said no since her brother was already there and she got in. It was a win-win for them since she cost them less money by choosing the same university.

Their mother was very hard to convince that this could be changed. Their dad just went along with whatever their mother said since he didn’t want to upset her and she was the queen of her kingdom.

With that out of the way Riley spent her time packing and bringing her essentials. Doing a damn good job of not over packing she brought what she needed her clothing, laptop, essentials and of course her stuffed animals. Rob would not be able to escape her stuffed animal pile.

Rob’s mother insisted upon this. She knew that her daughter was growing into herself and she didn’t want her to be alone on campus where men would see her as an easy targets. Riley was still a bit naïve bright eyed and bushy tailed. She knew Rob would look after his little sister. She didn’t really care to put a damper on his college life she saw it as a great opportunity to make sure both their kids got a college education in the safest way possible.

The countdown begin as they started driving towards where Rob had made his life. A mini U-Haul with extra things especially food along with his sisters essentials. When they finally arrived it was his mother was the first one at the door ringing the doorbell. Dad was giving Riley a peptalk about what to do and not to do in college and especially that he would kill anyone who would hurt her. Dad was being dad. Overprotective and kind. He was playing the same talk for his son but for now he was telling his little girl to be good and not do anything bad and let her brother take care of her.

When Rob picked out he would see that Riley looked terrified. This was our first time truly away from home that was not summer camp or sleep away camp. He was going to be able to help her through her next stage of life and it look like she needs all the help she could get especially with her over bearing parents.

He could see the tension in Riley's face as she pulled some of her bags out of the car and headed inside, but he didn't comment on it immediately. Of course, Mom had already bolted inside. She might as well have been wearing white cotton gloves and checking every nook and cranny for dust as she carried in some of the bags of food for her children and started putting things away. Rob made a mental note that he'd need to go find and reorganize his cabinets later since she would inevitably put things away in a fashion that made sense to her and generally only her.

Their father droned on and on, almost as if he were inventing a myriad of ways his innocent little daughter could be taken advantage of now that she was leaving the safe haven of his household. That probably wasn't helping Riley but he let it go for now, taking one of the largest boxes from the back of the trailer and carrying it in, setting in the living room near Riley's room before bolting out to grab another.

Their father had followed her into her room, continuing to provide a litany of potential pitfalls even as she started to take some of her things out of her bags. Rob set the second box down and walked in, placing a hand on his father's shoulder. "Relax Dad. Anyone with a penis comes within ten feet of her, I'll kick them in it or cut it off. I'm sure her professors will have some questions, but after the second or third castration I'm sure my position will be clear." he grinned. "Come on, help me with these boxes."

The joke didn't shut their father up, not by any means, but it turned the focus of his attention on Rob which was at least a bit of reprieve for Riley. Their mother had finished her thorough inspection of the kitchen under the guise of putting food away and her inspection of the bathroom under the guise of needing to use the bathroom and was just about to pull the couch away from the wall and check for dust behind it under who knows what guise when Rob and their father finished unloading the trailer. The goodbyes were long and loud and Rob followed them back out to the parking lot to continue hugging Riley and occasionally also Rob and provide both of them with random advice and admonitions even as they were climbing back into the car.

He wrapped an arm around Riley and turned, leading her back into the apartment even as their car faded from view. For the hours of hectic effort he had spent making the place look spotless this morning, it felt cluttered and claustrophobic being full of boxes and bags and things now. He turned to his sister and grinned. "You look freaked out. Want to put off unpacking for later? I know a good pizza place by campus we could hit up." He suggested.

Poor Riley was losing her mind with her parents. She knew that they met well but when they were together they were very overbearing. Rob knew this and when he looked over at his father he could see how Riley gave my luck of please save me. Her green eyes glanced over at him and batted as if trying to use telepathy to get him to come over. Luckily Mom is too busy focusing on filling the apartment with food as if they were going to starve and we’re preparing for an apocalypse. In a way college was like an apocalypse just not in the way her parents thought.

When Rob explained what he would do to anyone who looked at her it made Riley burst into a fit of laughter making their father Red in the face but I did at least slow him down for a little bit. Of course he insisted he was serious and told Rob to not start any trouble but at least keep them away from his precious innocent sister.

It felt like this attack was going to last forever! When the parents finally thought they did enough and filled their apartment with enough things to survive many winters and the zombie apocalypse they eventually took their leave. Riley light out in an Enormous sigh of relief once the trailer left and they could see it very far in the distance. Letting out a deep breath as she leaned on her brother when he wrapped his arm around her.

“Freaked out is the least of my worries! I’m scared to go to college now! Do you think I’ll even survive here Robbie?” She asked Ashley nuzzled against him seeking any sort of comfort from their crazy parents who didn’t wanna let her go yet. “You’d Think that I’m Amish or something with the way they’re treating me. I have the Internet I’m not that stupid I’m not gonna get to that much trouble why are they so worried? I’m sorry they pushed me on you. I’m sure you didn’t wanna be living with your little sister on campus anyway. Believe it or not I’m thankful that you’re here.” She said once she started to calm down. Pizza sounded divine since she didn’t want to dig through all of the groceries their parents left. “I’m too hyped up to unpack pizza sounds good if you want I’ll pay mom gave me allowance. I’ll use mine for the pizza it’s not much of a thank you but I’ll cook for you if that makes up for you living with your sister and messing up your dates.” Riley said elbowing him lightly in his stomach to try and lighten the mood.

Rob shook his head grimly. "Survive? Not likely. Surely you've heard how many hundreds of college freshmen die every year. It's survival of the fittest out there, plus our campus has way more ravenous wolves than average." His face finally broke with a smile, reaching up and mussing her dark hair softly. "For the record, you weren't FORCED on me. They gave me a choice. And I chose not to have to work full time to afford rent while I'm in school. Besides, Dad's a little nuts but he isn't wrong that it can be dangerous and complicated at college. If I can watch out for you and help you out here or there, it is kind of my job." His fingers traced their way though a few strands of her hair that they'd gotten worked into as he mussed her hair, falling to her shoulder and giving her a reassuring squeeze.

He sighed a little looking at all the bags and boxes, finding where he left his keys. "I'll get this time. You haven't even bought books or supplies yet, if they don't rake you over the coals you can get next time." He smiled, leading her out and locking the door behind them and leading her to his car.

"Oh, are you gonna clean up after me and do my laundry too? Mom'd be so proud of you for getting that housewife practice early." He chortled as he set off driving. "Messing up my dates though? You're already planning on wrecking my love life?"

It was the middle of the afternoon when they arrived at the pizza shop, so it wasn't terribly crowded. He led his sister to a table off to one side that wasn't occupied and sat down. A few minutes later a slender blonde wearing a nametag that read "Savannah" came over and greeted them with a smile. "Hi Rob! The usual?" She asked.

Rob shook his head. "We're splitting one, so that's up to her. I'd better let her choose." he gave his little sister a nod. Savannah nodded, "I'll give your date time to look at the menu, give me a shout when you two are ready." she smiled and flitted off across the restaurant before Rob could correct her.

For a good moment Riley had a look of terror creep across her face as her brother began spinning tales and it took his younger sister a good moment before she even caught on. Once she did her light fairy like laughter. He always had a way to scare her when it came to things like this but luckily he was always joking.

“I’m glad I wasn’t forced on you I was worried about that honestly they tend to make you do things with me when you don’t want to and I feel bad I mean who really wants to hang out their little sister at college. You already got stuck with me during high school.” She said that she pushed dark hair behind her ear.

Pizza was the best idea her big brother ever had since she was too scared to tackle any of these boxes let alone put anything in her room. Then when he mentioned her cooking and cleaning it was when she Elbow jabbed him the hardest. “Don’t you even start mom won’t shut up about me finding someone not that I’m looking for anyone but she wants me to find someone and be an innocent angel at the same time I don’t get it..” signing heavily trying to think of which one her mom wanted. Their father just couldn’t imagine her ever dating. Riley was too afraid to bring anyone she liked him anyways let alone talk to someone she liked!

“Don’t you worry I won’t wreck your love life I’m too cute maybe I’ll bring some girls over for you but I think you’re above dating freshman aren’t you?” She couldn’t help but he’s since he was an easy target and she was never mean about it really. Hopping in the car and heading over to the pizza place was the best medicine for being stressed out. The fact that he was paying was even better this time. Food always taste better when your sibling was paying for it!

The waitress knew Rob and they easily got a seat but the mistake threw her off as she looked up at her brother and she couldn’t even correct it before she Shuffled off to get their menus. “Date? I think she needs my glasses more than I do. Maybe her name is Velma instead of Savannah…” She whispered softly to Rob hoping the server would not hear.

Rob shook his head at the memory of his little sister being forced to go hang out with him and his friends back in high school. "It wasn't ALWAYS bad. I mean... I don't think I want to take you to any more scary movies anytime soon after that time you spilled my popcorn and spent the second half of the movie with your face buried in my shirt. It was kind of hell trying to get all the tears and mascara out of that shirt." he grinned.

"Above dating freshmen? Probably. But if they're as cute as you I might make an exception." He laughed as he led her to the table. A moment later his brow furrowed. Did he just hit on his little sister? It sure sounded that way. "That came out weird." He shook his head. "I was uh, trying to be nice." he said, feeling as if this was the lamest excuse he'd ever forced out in his entire life. Luckily the waitress had arrived and made things even more awkward.

"Easy mistake to make I guess." he offered. "I usually come in alone or with guy friends, first time I've brought a girl in with me so she must assume it's a date." he told her as he looked over the menu. He doubted Riley really needed to look at the menu either though, he knew her favorite toppings. He was relatively certain they hadn't changed recently. "Her loss really. I think she usually just flirts with me for bigger tips. Gonna have to behave herself tonight." He chuckled softly.

Rob ordered for her when Savannah came back by, not even bothering to confirm Riley's favorites. He also ordered a pitcher of beer. Savannah knew him well enough by now and had stopped asking to see ID. She scrutinized Riley a moment, as if wondering if she should ask, then gave a shrug and brought the pitcher and two glasses. "I'm not going to tell Mom and Dad you had a little with dinner if you don't." he gave her a small wink.

And a few minutes later, the pizza was brought out, hot and still sizzling from the wood fired oven. "Dig in." he offered the first pick to his little sister. "It's ridiculously good for as cheap as it is." He grinned, waiting to get a slice of his own.

“You say that now but I know I was a little shit and super cringey back then. Trust me I’ve changed.” Riley said and she honestly meant that. Once her braces came off and she grew into her body she really turned into quite the knock out and to be honest she had a hard time adjusting from shy wallflower to the girl everyone noticed.

“I’m better at horror movies now. Trust me. Take me out to a scary one and I’ll prove it!” She said sticking her tongue out before taking a sip of her water. Rob had always been her first best friend even though she’d never admit it to him. Words were on the top of her tongue but before she said anything….did he just call her I cute?

Riley blushed but shook her head no. “I appreciate it and no it’s not weird. I spent tears as the ugly duckling and hearing you say that makes me feel better even if mom and dad probably paid you a fortune to boost my confidence.” Chuckling softly at the thought. “She’s cute. Why don’t you go for it? Do you want me to be the jealous date and score you some points?” She jokingly asked but got quiet when the pizza arrived and not able to wait grabbed a hot slice nearly burning her tongue.

“I won’t tell anyone if you give me a glass of beer. It can be our little secret.” Riley winked back as she opted to blow on her pizza slice to cool it but she was starving and almost couldn’t wait.”You really are the best Robbie. I lucked out with you. Thanks for letting me move in. How about a toast? I promise to not be a cock block.” That sent his little sister into a fit of laughter making her green eyes dance as she giggled.

Rob smiled at her comment and chuckled. "You weren't that bad. Everyone looks back at themselves and cringes, it's how you know you're not a completely egotistical piece of trash." He smiled, reaching out and mussing her hair again. "You think you were bad now, wait till you have a couple years of college and adulthood under your belt, you'll look back at how you acted as a kid and want to go crawl under a rock and die. I did." He shook his head, letting go of her hair.

He gave her a doubtful look when she boasted that she'd improved her ability to handle horror. "Psh. You're on. Don't even need to take you out, I hear there's a real creepy one that just dropped on Netflix. We take care of those boxes and bags all over our living room and we'll have a movie night tomorrow." he smirked. Our living room. Not his living room. He considered that for a moment, and decided he was ok with that. He hadn't liked having a roommate living in the dorms his freshman year, but on some level he was a little used to living with Riley, or at least kind of experienced with it.

Her commentary on Savannah made him glare at her slightly. "I'm pretty sure she has a boyfriend. Dude bro keeps coming in here and chatting her up, grabbing her butt and she seems chill with it. Trust me sis, you don't need to play my wing woman even if you are my roommate." he smirked. Reaching out, he filled both glasses with beer and put one on her side of the table. "I'm just going to leave this hear, absolving myself of any responsibility of what happens to it." he gave her a small wink, but lifted his glass as she proposed the toast. "Aww!" he smirked at her and bit his bottom lip. "Promise you'll clean the bathroom for the rest of the month and I won't tell dad you were talking about my cock!" He grinned wide and made a silly face, communicating that he was, of course, joking, but knew how disastrous it would be for her, not to mention him and anyone within a quarter mile of ground zero, if their father heard anything of the sort.

Before she could say anything else he tapped the glass against the table, took a long pull and grabbed himself a slice to start eating. The hot grease burned the roof of his mouth a little, but it was easy enough to deal with, his brows furrowing as he focused on the food instead of the pain.

“You know I’ve already picked out my rock and painted it pink. Is that too cringe?” She asked as he played with her soft hair again.

When he pfft at her she pouted when he doubted her ability to handle scary. “I got better! Don’t doubt me.” Riley huffed and puffed her cheeks out like she did when she was a kid. When he said their living room it made Riley smile as she still held her hot pizza. She did look sad when he mentioned that savannah had a boyfriend but then she got all protective. “She’s not good enough for you anyways.” Lifting her glass with het free hand about to toast but Rin’s words made het blush furiously!

“ONE MONTH?!? Fine….you cook me dinner for a month and I won’t tell dad you continued to talk about your cock as I drank your beer.” Riley would never tell on him and her threat wasn’t serious bit she couldn’t help but tease him as she toasted. Bringing the beer glass to her pink lips she took a sip and made a face. “How can you drink that? That’s not even sweet.”

It was nice of her to say Savanna wasn't good enough for him. Rang a little empty considering a minute earlier she was encouraging him to go hit on her, but nice all the same.

His eyes narrowed at Riley even as he fought back a grin. For being small and a little sheltered, at least she could give him shit as well as she was getting it from him. He was proud of her for that. He dropped the pretense of annoyance as she complained about the beer and just rolled his eyes with a bass chuckle. "It's not supposed to be sweet, it's supposed to get you drunk." He shook his head. "Or at least give you a buzz." He took a deep swig of his beer and held it out for another toast.

"Truce?" he offered. "Or I could tell Dad you begged to measure my cock as homework for your anatomy class, and after I let you I found out you're not even taking anatomy." He teased, making an aping face at her, at this point just trying to see how red he could make his little sister blush.

“Should I tell daddy you were trying to get me drunk?” Now Riley would never tell her dad that but she only did call their father daddy when she wanted to get out of trouble. When he mentioned how it was supposed to get her drunk she took he initiative and took five big gulps before turning to bite her now cooled down pizza.

“Truce only is I can measure it myself so you can’t lie about how tiny it is.” She had no idea what he was packing but was looking to get a rise out of him. Rib did make her turn heat red but he could se that her friends must have been a little perverted especially with that come back from his innocent looking little sister.

"Honestly Dad, I had to distract her." he smiled, taking another swig of beer, watching as Riley threw caution to the wind and downed a good deal of her beer. Without acknowledging how much she'd consumed, he reached for the pitcher and refilled both their glasses.

"She was going crazy in the middle of the pizza place. Saying I should hold my cock over the pizza and tell her "It's hot and ready, but might take longer than 30 minutes." like the delivery boy in those naughty videos she watches with her friends." he was grinning wide, obviously enjoying their banter and stopped to take a bite of his own pizza.

With all the laughter and innuendo he was glad the restaurant wasn't crowded at the moment. Awkward as it was being mistaken for being on a date, their current conversation both marked them as being siblings and was pretty inappropriate conversation for most siblings to boot. "I mean really Dad, I should have known something was up when she asked to measure it with her tongue." he shook his head and grinned wide at his little sister.

Rob had his sister in stitches with laughter. Refilling her beer may not have been he best idea but she didn’t say no. Once refilled she drank more without thinking she should be eating just as much as drinking. “Maybe dad will be glad I used your coco as practice. He wouldn’t shoot you like he threatened to do with any boy I brought home. You already live there!” Riley giggle snorted at the inappropriate conversation but didn’t shy away from any innuendo. She only looked shy and innocent!

Perhaps their banter gave away that they were related as a joke and eat pizza and drink more than their share of beer. “ you know dad can’t complain if it’s you since he already likes you so I wouldn’t get in trouble if I brought you home as a date would I?” She drank more and continue to get more than tipsy but it helped her relax and not be as scared about her new transition into college.

Rob shook his head and chortled at her comment. "I wouldn't be too sure about that. I have a feeling it has more to do with what the boy'd want to do with you than the fact that you were bringing him home. And Dad might be inclined to make sure I didn't live at home or anywhere for that matter if he got wind of that." He smirked.

Rob made a note that Riley was already getting quite a bit tipsy and they probably shouldn't get a second pitcher. He drained his own glass relatively quickly and refilled it, hopefully surreptitiously leaving less for her in the process. "I'm not sure I want to try that idea." he smirked. "Dad might not like me much after that, even though I think he'd likely have a lot of really confused questions if I showed up as your date. Hell, maybe we'll find you a good guy this year, assuming you don't scare him off talking about measuring and playing with your brother's cock." He smirked, taking another big bite of his pizza.

Riley could not help but giggle even more thinking about what their dad would do. This time his sister polished off her beer and took a picture of herself and refilled her glass. This stuff wasn’t so bad it didn’t taste the best but it made her feel good and more calm.

When Rob mentioned about her finding a good guy she huffed and Shook her head no. “ you know they would kill me if I got a boyfriend I’m only supposed to be studying and being an angel. I think they might kill whoever I started dating. I mean I wouldn’t mind a boyfriend but I don’t think they’d approve. The only boyfriend you need are your books.” She imitated her mom’s words and in the tone she was used to hearing. They must’ve told Rob the same thing. “ what about you are you looking for a girlfriend this year? Don’t worry I can always be your pity date. As long as you buy me pizza and get another beer.” She playfully winked at him before taking a few bites for pizza and stuffing her face with it

Rob watched her help herself to another beer. Give her an inch and she takes a mile. A little like their mother, he thought but didn't dare say out loud. He leaned across the table and whispered. "What, gotta get photographic evidence of underage drinking now?" He smirked before emptying the last of the pitcher into his glass.

He shook his head at her offer to be his pity date. "I can be your pity date? Sounds like you're fishing for a date that doesn't come with a dust jacket." He grinned. "I don't know. Maybe? Part of me feels like my grades are as good as they are because I've been single more often than not. And I need to keep my grades up if I'm going to grad school next year. And if I'm not doing that, there goes Dad's grand plan to keep you safe at college once I have to move home and get a job."

He stopped, thoughtful for a moment and raised his glass for one more toast. "What do you say, unless things change, once a month we go do a better-than-nothing fake date? Just have some fun? I won't even tell Mom and Dad you're seeing someone." He gave her a little wink.

“ you better not get evidence if you do so I will tell dad that you bought it for me.” Riley teased as she finished off what was left in her beer glass. This stuff wasn’t so bad but maybe it was the company that was with her that made it more fun to drink. She also felt safe with Rob knowing that he wouldn’t let anything happen to her. There was no way she’s going to drink on campus with people she didn’t know very well.

“ i’m honestly surprised that you’ve been single you’re so hot and if you weren’t my brother I might ask you out.” Riley teased as she stuck her tongue out before going back to eating her pizza. She almost asked for another beer but she didn’t wanna push her luck.

For now she focused on her pizza and listen to what her brother had to say. “ why don’t you do grad school here? Stay with me at least keep you out of trouble.” With what she had left in her glasses she lifted to toast with her brother and gave him the sweetest smile possible. “ i’d like that fake date especially since I kind of never really had a true boyfriend I’d suck on a real date I need to practice anyway. I doubt anyone want to date me so that shouldn’t worry especially at college I doubt anyone with my direction other than you.” The idea of a date sounded wonderful especially since she actually got along with your brother.

Rob had clearly created a monster letting her drink like this. Maybe next time he'd start just ordering two beers instead of a whole pitcher. Which wasn't to say he wasn't having fun. Riley was much more bubbly and energetic than his usual circle of friends, and despite the fact that their parents had forced him to include her in his plans over their adolescence, he did feel close to her. It was nice being together again, getting to relax. Part of it might even be the fact that they were now both out of their childhood home and not constantly under the direct pressure to be perfect in every way. It let them relax further than they usually had been able to growing up.

And then it was his turn to blush, though not nearly as scarlet as he'd gotten Riley, though a complement like "so hot" was certainly not expected from his own sister, he still grinned and accepted it all the same. Of course he couldn't let the teasing tone of her voice pass. "You couldn't ask me out." he teased. "What if mom found out? 'A young lady asking a boy out on a date?! What harlotry!'" he made a mock exaggeration of their mother's tone. "There would be hell to pay. Oh the impropriety. Mom could never show her face in polite society." He smirked.

"That's the plan. Going somewhere else would cost a lot more. Though you might give it time... A week or two of sharing an apartment and you might find yourself thinking getting rid of me is a great idea." he grinned. He shook his head at the notion of no one wanting to date her. "Come on, you're pretty easy on the eyes yourself Ri..." he grinned, "And if you can keep up the banter with them the way you have with me I'm sure he'd have a great time. But until then you can keep me entertained." He smiled, then an idea occurred to him.

He waved Savannah back over and scooted his chair next to his sister, handing Savannah his phone and asking her to take a picture of them. "First date." he explained, putting an arm around Riley and smiling.

Riley was more than bubbly. She was quite the energetics sort, especially when she didn’t have to hide or behave when it was just her brother. With their parents, she was always on her best behavior to be the perfect daughter. She rarely got in trouble. Kept up with her studies and didn’t even have a boyfriend in high school. She had offers and Rob knew that, but she was quite the picky one. No one was ever good enough, but she would never say it out loud that she was basing how they treated her on her brother.

“ i’m not afraid to ask you out silly. I already know you’ll say yes. Maybe we should order more beer we have more pizza then beer and I think we need to have a decent ratio.” There she went to being all logical. Rob continue to make her giggle, and she felt so much better about moving in with him. She was very fortunate to have a great relationship with her older brother. Where is most of her friends herShe was very fortunate to have a great relationship with her older brother, whereas most of her friends, they didn’t get along with her siblings, as well as she did with hers.

When Rob called over Savannah, she smiled and made a peace sign for the camera so he could get a photo of them having a fun date night. “ don’t worry I don’t plan on getting rid of you. At least not anytime soon. I would suck at living alone, and if I got rid of you, mom would kill me since you’re her favorite. You can do no wrong in mom‘s eyes! Let’s make this a night to remember Robbie!” With that, she leaned in when she lowered her head for a pee sign to give him a kiss on the cheek to get a picture of that with his arms snuggly around her

Savannah took a few pictures, finishing with one of Riley kissing his cheek. Rob thanked her and took the camera back, sending the pictures to Riley as well so she could keep them.

He gave her a smirk as Savannah left to let them continue eating. "You know I'd say yes eh?" He shook his head. "Nope. I'm cutting you off for now boozy." He grinned. "I can already tell you've had enough. Don't forget you've got work ahead of you when we get home. Let's just finish up."

He didn't bother scooting the chair back around, sitting next to her as he finished up the last of his pizza. "Maybe if you're really nice I'll help you unpack when we get home though." He smiled as he reached for his wallet to settle up.

Riley pouted when her brother used the magic words; cut off. “I’m not drunk. It’s a celebration. Just one more please?” She asked as she finished her third slice of pizza. Hearing her phone ping but didn’t look at it since she knew it was Rob. Those photos she would be cherishing fit a lifetime.

Knowing she had to unpack it made her pout but she at least wasn’t alone or with a roommate she didn’t like. “What can I offer you to help me unpack? I’d say my bra but you’ve already seen those what about my new panties?” Now she was actively teasing him since he called her cute might as well try to tempt him while tipsy.

See the problem with having a ridiculously adorable younger sister is that she could look at you with those puppy dog eyes, give you a cute little pout, and make you feel so sorry for her, for the thing you just decided 10 seconds ago was in her best interests. Rob knew he was being played for a sucker but on some level he had long accepted he was going to spoil Riley from time to time. Grinning, he looked over his shoulder, got Savannah's attention and ordered two more pints.

And then she was right back to flirting. Or teasing. Or both. Or neither. Did it matter? They were having fun and it was kind of the spirit of the banter for the evening. Who cared? Still, he couldn't place what she meant by already seeing her bra? When was that? For what he could remember the last bra of hers he'd seen might well have been a training bra. Still, no point splitting hairs. He gave her a mocking grin. "Pretty sure your new panties would be a little too tight on me." Part of him still wondered what he could talk her into in her "I'm not drunk. It's a celebration." state. He grinned devilishly. "Next date night, you wear a skirt or dress and no panties."

She got what she wanted and somehow Riley knew she’d get it as her brother ordered two more pints. Grinning ear to ear like the cat ate the canary she was happy with how she got her way.

It was easy to tease her brother and a part of her liked it when she can make them turned beat red. “ fine if next date I’m going without panties you have to go commando deal?” Riley asked reading for the pint to fill both his and her glasses. This was the first time she could really let loose outside of the house since being home she was stifled by both their mother and father. Rob got more freedom since he was a boy but since she was a girl she was constantly looked after and treated like some guy was going to take advantage of her. She only had a couple boyfriends in her life and their mother and father pretty much ruined all of those relationships. So being this far away with her brother meant she could let loose and her brother wasn’t going to be a stifling.

Rob took a long swig of his new beer. At least he'd driven and knew he didn't need to worry about Riley driving as tipsy as she'd already gotten. And she was having fun. So maybe this wasn't so bad.

And here she was trying to turn the shocking thing he'd said back on him and weird him out. He'd changed the subject and redirected rather than letting her get her way. But this time he just grinned and shrugged. "Ok then. We've got a deal, shake on it?" He asked, holding out his hand for her to shake as if making a solemn agreement. Part of him wondered if she'd even remember this agreement in a month when their next date came up, let alone the next morning considering how much the beer she'd been drinking was apparently affecting her.

Finishing up, he paid for their dinner and led her back to the car. Walking into the apartment, they were once again confronted with the enormity of the task ahead of them. "Well, where do you want to start?" he stretched, getting ready for the task at hand.

Back
Top Bottom