Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The War (me and irena)

"what do u mean chersihed of the clans? u dont know me and i dont know u.simple as that but i wouldnt mind getting to know u..." she said with a grin. wondering why he turned away from her as she took off her armor she walked around him as she did. " and why should i be hidden away from this war im just as good as any man at fighting in fact i am their leader."

He sighed, turning his head away, unable to look her in the eye. "One of the reasons why this war started. We are losing females to death. There are many different causes that we are trying to fix. But it will take a long time. And the bloodlines are going to be thinning out and, eventually, die out. Lack of women in one clan makes for war to get them from another."

she looked at him in shock and could not bring herself to speak. she had stopped moving but realised it and continued her waltz around him slowly removing the rest of her armor so only her normal cloths were left.

"From the hundreds of clans that are around, by the time we fix the problem and can keep the blood lines strong again, the number of clans will barely be hovering around 50. That is without outerbreeding of the clans, melding more together." He sighs and looked at her. "I'm surprised that they are letting you fight. You are too precious to be let out onto the war path. We need the women safe."

getting slightly angry at his last comment she huffed at him and asked, "do u think us weaker because u underestimate me yet again, if i were not to lead them no one would and then things would get compleatly out of hand and besides im no one's breeding animal!" she was storming around the clearing her mind clouded and compleatly vulnerable but her plan forgotten in his presence.

He shook his head slowly. "No, I do not think of you as weaker. Contrary, I see you as stronger. The males need the females to keep sane. To keep our demons in check under your soothing light. That's why you are so cherished and precious, as well. Without you, the rest of us would die off in war." He sighed, moving to a nearby tree and leaning against it. It was the sad truth that he didn't want to face.

she looked at him once again taken aback by his comment to her, but this time she moved to him and put her hand up as if to comfort him but then drew it back. "i...i dont know what to say....but i just wonder if i am so coveted then why did u intend to kill me?"

He sighed, looking away. "No matter how precious you are, Cara Mia, you were going to kill my men. You can save one person. You could have killed hundreds. I couldn't allow that. Even if that doomed us, we would have been doomed either way." He sighed again, slowly sliding down the tree until he was sitting. "We are losing more and more men to madness."

"maybe u dont have to" she said softly as she approached him and knelt in fornt of him. she looked deep into his eyes and reached out gently with her mind before moving slightly closer to him. he was very intreguing to her but at the same time terrifying. she wanted to know him but something told her that was not a good idea.

He looked up at her with sad eyes, the first sign of weakness he had ever shown. "Do you know how many men I had to put down myself because they attacked their own? at least 100." He sighed and closed his eyes. His mental barrier had dropped a while ago as he went over the mental anguish again.

" im so sorry that u had to suffer throught that alone." she said to him,truely meaning it but not sure why. slowly she reached out to him with her hand and placed it on his cheek. "i wish i could do something to help u." she confessed to him.

He sighed, shaking his head. "Sometime in the future, I'm just going to be one of those demons as well. Then I'll have to be put down. I haven't found my light, not yet. Nobody has what it takes to tame my fighting spirit, and my demon."

she smiled sadly at him and put one cool finger under his chin to bring him up to her. " maybe thats me." she said as she gently reached out to him with her mind and brushed her lips lightly over his before standing up and walking away.

He heard her words and was completely stunned by her actions. He sat there for half a moment as she walked away before slowly getting up. "Wait." He said softly, a voice of someone that had seen sorrow for a good deal of his life. "Don't go."

she turned at the sound of his call and looked at him. he looked so sad and afraid that she had to comfprt him but kept herself still. " yes?" she asked. " why not?"

He looked at her. "You are right... I'm not sure how much, but I need you, with me. Please... don't go..."

"funny u wanted to kill me earlier and now u want me to stay?" she asked him and was unsure of how to react to this.

"i dont know u tell me" she replied and walked up to him putting her arms around him but then stepped back as if hearing something. " i must go".

"Why?" He said softly, standing up slowly, head going to the sky to see if he could pick up anything.

"because im being summoned." her wings slowly unfolded and she stood there for a second looking at him and then took off.

He watched as she flew off, before sighing again, his wings growing out and taking off himself. He ordered the full retreat. Fight another day. We will let them hold this for now.

she heard him take off as well and sighed sadly, she wanted so badly to stay but when her father gave an order it was to be obeyed.she touched down in her room and fell onto the bed before she dragged herself up to get dressed before presenting herself downstairs. she moved to her closet and picked out a floor lenght dress of simple design and red in color that showed off her creamy skin nicely. once downstairs and in the room with them she regretted the dress imetiatly as another man was in the room, one she absolutly hated. her father had decided that she was not only to fight his war but to do as she was told in the bedroom as well and take on a husband that he picked out for her. a low growl slipped past her teeth.

He was traveling back when he felt the disturbance. He knew that there was something wrong with her, could tell that fury emanating from where she was coming from. He thought quickly, coming up with a story for what he was about to do.

anyone feel that? It was the sign I was looking for. Their army has a defector that we could really use. Royal and everything. I'm going back. Go and tell our lord about this. If I am not back within... He thought of a good time period. A week, post me as dead unless I contact you otherwise.

He turned around and took off at high speed. Infiltration won't be easy. But that anger wasn't about anything.

He knew she was his other half, and he wasn't going to have her sold off to the highest bidder.

she stood there glaring at her father and loked at her mother in disbelief. how could they do this to her?! after all she had done for them. she was told she was to be married shortly and that tonight a ball was being held in honour of their betrothal.

Back
Top Bottom