Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Difficulty Finding Partners

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsukasa

Pregnancy lover
I've been a member of this site for almost 1 year, and I've gotten barely any interest in my RT(s). The issue is probably my picky mindset, and I have difficulty changing it since my kinks and limits are so specific and strict.

I've tried to be open to other plots, themes, ideas, and kinks etc, but nothing seems to interest me. I'm not interested in non-erotic roleplays, which limits me even further.

Does anyone else have this issue? Limited kinks? Strict turn offs?

I'm willing to try other things, but everyone I attempt to negotiate with goes too far out of my range, or they just aren't interested.

Well, some kinks are just rare. When you put more rare kinks together, your slice of potential partners gets smaller & smaller. You don't have to change if you don't want to, but I think it's better to accept and understand that most people aren't looking for what you're wanting. I mean even people with more vanilla tastes can have a dearth of partners.

I am mostly vanilla minded, but I have some more niche kinks that I know most people don't jive with. I'm fine knowing I won't get many hits on the more focused stuff though.

Well, some kinks are just rare. When you put more rare kinks together, your slice of potential partners gets smaller & smaller. You don't have to change if you don't want to, but I think it's better to accept and understand that most people aren't looking for what you're wanting. I mean even people with more vanilla tastes can have a dearth of partners.

I am mostly vanilla minded, but I have some more niche kinks that I know most people don't jive with. I'm fine knowing I won't get many hits on the more focused stuff though.
I've been trying to branch out, looking at other people's RTs, and even compromising so I can partially get what I want while not being very strict about it, which allows them to get what they want in return. However, it seems as if most people I talk to aren't willing to negotiate beyond a few messages. Unsure if that's a common thing or if it's just the people I'm talking to.

It highly depends. I can't give specific advice for that but stuff like compromising and negotiating kinks is where your mileage will definitely vary. It may depend on your approach (Whether it be the compromising or in general), or some other reason that things fall apart.

For my own rarer kinks, I usually don't approach partners with them myself. If I've been RP'ing with someone for a good while and I think they'd be reciprocative of it, I might discuss said kinks in an RP. That being said, if your kinks are as strongly focused as you're making them out to be, wanting to try and include them in every RP might be a bit much for an average partner.

It highly depends. I can't give specific advice for that but stuff like compromising and negotiating kinks is where your mileage will definitely vary. It may depend on your approach (Whether it be the compromising or in general), or some other reason that things fall apart.

For my own rarer kinks, I usually don't approach partners with them myself. If I've been RP'ing with someone for a good while and I think they'd be reciprocative of it, I might discuss said kinks in an RP. That being said, if your kinks are as strongly focused as you're making them out to be, wanting to try and include them in every RP might be a bit much for an average partner.
I guess the main issue I have is even when I compromise almost the entire thing, and make it very light in comparison to what I'm looking for, it doesn't seem enough, and I can't get rid of it entirely. Perhaps it's just something I'll have to keep trying until I get something that works.

Well, whatever happens - I wish you the best of luck. I'm certain there's someone out there for the kinks you're looking for.

It might not be your kinks that are the main narrowing factor - but your insistence on only writing with 'real life cis females' - for one that reduces the amount of partners available - and may reduce it further as those who fit that catagory see it as a red flag.

It might not be your kinks that are the main narrowing factor - but your insistence on only writing with 'real life cis females' - for one that reduces the amount of partners available - and may reduce it further as those who fit that catagory see it as a red flag.
I can't choose who I'm comfortable writing with. If I did non-erotic RP, sure, but I can't write with a guy or anything else, because knowing that is just an instant turn off for me. Just knowing the person writing is very important to me; I don't want to know I'm helping another guy get off, or anyone not stated in my "looking for". OoC communication is as important as the RP itself when writing, and I just can't do ERP without my partner being someone I'm comfortable with.

I can't choose who I'm comfortable writing with. If I did non-erotic RP, sure, but I can't write with a guy or anything else, because knowing that is just an instant turn off for me. Just knowing the person writing is very important to me; I don't want to know I'm helping another guy get off, or anyone not stated in my "looking for". OoC communication is as important as the RP itself when writing, and I just can't do ERP without my partner being someone I'm comfortable with.
That's fine. You don't have to rp with anyone other than who you're comfortable with. I think this was simply being offered up as something that could be a contributing factor in how you're limiting yourself.

Is there anything that you are currently doing that you are willing to change or adjust? Like, we can't change how people are responding to you or their lack of interest in your kinks. And you say some of them are necessary for you to enjoy the rp. That's totally fine. What else might be a problem or contributing to your difficulties?

I don't want to know I'm helping another guy get off, or anyone not stated in my "looking for".
Just food for thought. You should try and not think of it in that context. With my writing partners, I'm not thinking of them "getting off" since that's not what all of the RP community does. Also possibly consider not asking for their sex? I have basic ooc chat with all my partners and we have good conversation without digging into their irl life.

I'm not saying you should considering rping with men. Just saying possibly to not view it in the way that you are.

Last edited:
Just food for thought. You should try and not think of it in that context. With my writing partners, I'm not thinking of them "getting off" since that's not what all of the RP community does. Also possibly consider not asking for their sex? I have basic ooc chat with all my partners and we have good conversation without digging into their irl life.

I'm not saying you should considering rping with men. Just saying possibly to not view it in the say that you are.

I agree with this viewpoint. I'm afraid OP's problems may have to do with the "I'm helping my partner get off" mindset which, I'll be honest, I find somewhat of a red flag- but it may have to do with me rarely thinking about a writing project on those terms/playing with many "taken" writers.

As Saber and previous posts suggested, the problem would be at least mitigated by not reducing a partnership to those terms, as it often leads to more problems than solutions. (Being focused on a certain "niche" and not feeling comfortable with exploring other venues, feeling like no one's showing any interest in ads, lack of muse etc.)

That's a good point, Bloo, about the boundaries being crossed. Is that even allowed to inquire about someone's off screen gender?

That's a good point, Bloo, about the boundaries being crossed. Is that even allowed to inquire about someone's off screen gender?
It's usually based on partner discretion. If they feel comfortable giving that info, that's completely up to them. It's more so if it was asked in a public forum ooc where it would be more inappropriate.

But that being said in OP's RT would keep a lot of potential partners from even connecting them. Whereas they might never even know what gender/sex their partner is from their writing.

It is allowed in just about every RP community I am part of, but generally at the discretion of either party if not specified up front.

Personally, having been called the f-word for writing as female OCs despite being a man IRL, I tend to be cautious if someone asks.

Gotcha, thank you, both. Good to know. I just thought along the lines of that being sort of invasive but I guess it doesn't hurt to simply ask.

And yeah, I come at this hobby from a more story and writing focused mindset as well, so, people can write as whatever. We can write as assassins and berserker warriors and stuff, so it is only limited by imagination.

Few additional notes:

• 1st person is generally not popular. It's up to you what style you write in, but I do note that this is something that might keep a lot of writers away.
  • Having your stated plots being built entirely around your preferred kink. I know you said you've been trying to branch out and compromise, which is good! That being said your request thread is like your self-advertisement, and your self-advertisement comes off too rigid. Pun intended.
  • "PM only". You may want to consider exploring the discord only sections. The more kink heavy rp is notably more popular there.

When one's entire identity revolves around a kink, it can be seen as a turn off to people. I'm not talking about a sexual turn off either. They may see you, as a person, as being singularly minded and obsessive and that raises red flags in their minds. Your compromises don't work, because you make your partners feel like a repository for your sexual frustrations or obsessions. No matter what the compromise, how little you mitigate it as a major factor, I'm sure you still have an intense focus on it to a degree that can make another person uncomfortable. Even if you try not to write it as much on the page or mention it during planning, they still look over and see that they're planning or writing with "impreg21". Consider someone that likes to play domestic abuse, and they fashion themselves with the username "bitchhitter21". You can see how that might raise some eyebrows even when they swear they won't add much domestic abuse to their role-play and will TOTALLY respect women. When you also factor in the gender thing, as has been already discussed, you paint a picture for people that will wane tolerances rather quickly. If you do indeed seek to only play with women, and have only conversed with women (highly doubtful, some of the women you've likely played with are men), then that just compounds those red flags in their mind.

Why does he only play with women?

Well you answered it here. You're concerned with whether or not someone is getting off to your writing. Regardless of whether or not you intend for them to do so, that's the image of yourself that you put forth. You signal to people, whether you intend to or not, that your sole intent isn't actually to role-play. You're looking for a shared sexual experience with another person. It makes people feel as though you aren't here to write a story with them. You're just here to cyber-fuck them with the thin veil of a pretense that you're "role-playing". To them it might meant that this creative exercise, with some catharsis attached, is now suddenly a seedy meeting in a glory hole with a strange man. That idea might be fun in role-play, but I assure you most women don't want to feel as if that's the reality they've been thrust into when they believe themselves to be in a safe place.

Furthermore you have made it known that you aren't actually interested in "non-erotic roleplay". This reads as if you're just here for the sexual gratification. Unless you are adept at masking this intent, this is going to going to come off as distasteful. Believe it or not, many of the women on this site (those that actually are) aren't exactly virtual succubi with the sole desire to get on here and fulfill sexual fantasies. I'm not saying you specifically view anyone in this manner, but you must realize that kink-focused role-play with a focus on only smut writing will give this impression. Again, your persona will lead some to believe that you are indeed looking to use them as solely a sexual outlet.

When you combine several factors together, you will inevitably come across as undesirable to some.

Your singular and obsessive focus on pregnancy.

Your preference to only write with women.

Your preference to not write "non-erotic" role-play.

Your preference to write in the first person.

Now, you need to understand I am not maligning you here. The intent is not to chastise or criticize you. What I am trying to express to you is what has been touched upon in a few different ways already, but maybe not so directly. What you have is a perception problem. I am merely trying to spell it out in my own way to give you more feedback on why you are likely struggling to find partners. I have never interacted with you in private, so I have no idea how affable you are or what your intents are behind closed doors. I am giving you the benefit of the doubt, and assuming you are just very interested in writing one particular subject and prefer to write sexual material. These things are not against the rules. However, even when taken in the best light, it puts you in a position where your pool of potential partners is extremely limited, and those that might be interested might perceive you in a less than flattering light.

Bluemoon is a safe place to explore just about anything you'd want to explore within the confines of written role-play. However, it is a creative space full of people that have had many bad experiences with people that share many of the same surface traits you exude. Keep that in mind, and move forward with adjusted expectations.

While I don't want to police who someone feels comfortable writing with. I do want to express that trans women are women, they are not men no matter what stage of their transition they are in.

I hope you understand this and that your language was just careless. I know this is not the purpose of the thread; but I just want this point to be clear. BMR is a safe place for all people to engage in rp.

Not really much I can say here that hasn't been said, and far more eloquently that I'm gonna be, but I'm going to have a big reveal here.

I've never, not once, gotten off to any of my roleplays here. I'm a guy, so not your target demographic anyway, but that's just how it is. They can and have aroused, no doubt about that, and it's enjoyable but that isn't what most people come to a forum like this for, primarily people like to write with some smut, not even always a lot of it. Some people even like to have the smut be a very large focus on the RP, which I think would suit you just fine, but even in those I'm not getting off on it. I also don't share when I do get aroused by my posts except for a couple of partners who I'm close with. They know who they are, the rest, I leave it to the imagination.

Honestly, I have had a lot of success finding partners on here, to the point that I'm very picky with them and the thing I have found the most is that they just want a good story, they want some flirting in it, some spice, some hotness but the sexual parts are the least things we talk about. When we do get to them I think it's all the better for it.

Honestly, I have had a lot of success finding partners on here, to the point that I'm very picky with them and the thing I have found the most is that they just want a good story, they want some flirting in it, some spice, some hotness but the sexual parts are the least things we talk about. When we do get to them I think it's all the better for it.

Massive truth here.

While I do look forward to characters getting together and fangirling about it with partners, a lot of what makes the hobby enjoyable is the build-up to it and the situations our protags find themselves in, planning it ahead and just improvising to see how it happens, the trials they went through and overall their growth as people during it.

While I don't want to police who someone feels comfortable writing with. I do want to express that trans women are women, they are not men no matter what stage of their transition they are in.

I hope you understand this and that your language was just careless. I know this is not the purpose of the thread; but I just want this point to be clear. BMR is a safe place for all people to engage in rp.
I'm sorry, but that's certainly not the case in sexuality. I have nothing against transgender people, but in order to respect each other, we need to respect that people are allowed and do (I'm a fine example) only have attraction towards cisgender people.

You can't force a sexuality onto someone. The way you're thinking here is just taking it from a transphobic end of the spectrum to the other. Trans people are free to do what they want, I'm not forcing them to do anything, but I believe us cis-only attracted people should be respected equally.

I do want to remind people that this is primarily a thread about finding RP partners and the difficulty thereof. No one's in trouble here or anything but I just want to make sure people remember to focus moreso on that.

Regarding smut/sex in a story, there are certainly people here who delve deep into it, but many people here are seeking a longer term story and the importance of a strong plot and ability to engage with the story beyond kinks alone is a pretty important desire for many potential partners.

I'd like to clear up some confusion which appears to be happening in the thread. I am *not* looking for an OoC erotic roleplay or so-called "meat market".

Think of having a lab partner, or a therapist; you may or may not be comfortable with them, depending on many factors, but it doesn't mean anything sexual in real life.

It's just a "thing" I personally have, have always had, and probably will always have. It's still about the roleplay, I just need to feel some sort of comfortable connection to the person I'm writing with, or it feels tense to me. Everyone is different, and even if this seems weird to everyone else, it's not weird to me, and I know how it works.

I'm sorry, but that's certainly not the case in sexuality. I have nothing against transgender people, but in order to respect each other, we need to respect that people are allowed and do (I'm a fine example) only have attraction towards cisgender people.

You can't force a sexuality onto someone. The way you're thinking here is just taking it from a transphobic end of the spectrum to the other. Trans people are free to do what they want, I'm not forcing them to do anything, but I believe us cis-only attracted people should be respected equally.
Really hoping you're just misinterpreting me. As I explicitly said I was not policing who you write with. I was merely calling out language that would imply that transwomen are not in fact women. That has nothing on who you are attracted to, only respecting the identities of others. Your sexual attractions are your own and you can have your discriminations as to what you find attractive in a woman; but that does not make anyone who fails to align with them not a woman.

That was all and the whole of my comment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom