Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴛʀᴇᴋ: ᴍᴇᴍᴏʀᴀʙʟᴇ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄᴀʟ ᴍᴀɴᴇᴜᴠᴇʀꜱ [ᴅᴏᴄ x ʙᴜɴɴʏ] (currently closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were no nerves on Tessa's part, which was in all honesty a bit of a shock. She had expected to feel so shy or even anxious being alone with him. All she felt was a pleasing sensation of butterflies in her stomach. They twisted and spun inside her belly, their wings brushing her insides as he held her hand. "Yeah?" Her eyes met his and she tilted her head. To know that something she would have thought so easy for him had not been? It made him more human, naturally. Yet, it made her see him in a sweeter light. She had seen him as being full of confidence, to think that admitting it had been brave for him. She wondered why, but didn't question it. Laughing she shook her head.

Tessa's lips formed a small o of understanding and she squeezed his hand lightly. "I wouldn't have thought of that, so without you thinking a head, I might have rushed myself into danger." Not to mention that she wouldn't have wanted to put
him in that position. Where his judgment could be clouded or where he would live with the regret of making the right choice. "One step at a time." She echoed his words and gave him a light smile, despite the heaviness of the conversation.

Her laughter was bright as they cleaned up the dinner. "Uh huh.. I don't think you could blame that one on me, Sir." Green eyes danced as the finished. Her hand was captured and she blushed, a bright pleasing pink. Her fingers lanced with his own as they headed toward the door together. The corridors were almost deserted, which didn't bother her in the slightest. Only Lieutenant Peters came across their path and despite the not so subtle glance to their hands, nothing was said. Jim opened the door for her and she stepped in before him hearing the doors slide closed as she turned to the panel he indicated. Smiling, she brushed her lips against his jaw as she turned to block the panel from his view.

A plan had been true. There was something she had always wanted to see. Something that occurred on earth.. Her nimble fingers programmed what she wanted, and the room slowly changed. The smell of the sea mingled with the scent of buttered popcorn, the sweet smell of fried foods. The cries of children and gulls alike. Laughter and faint music. The dark of the sky light with the bright colors of the midway lights. Turning to him she smiled. "I have always wanted to visit one of these.." Her voice was softer as she moved back to him, taking his hand. Her fingers laced through his own and she smiled up at him. "So, like it, Jim?"

For his part, Kirk had no qualms about revealing his difficulties to his newly minted partner, such as she was. People always tended to think of him as brash and bold, due to his reputation both in command of the Enterprise and his exploits away from the explorations of his career, when it came to his history with women. While Kirk would never apologize for those behaviors or turn back the clock on any of them, in truth he was far more reserved than he appeared to be. James Tiberius Kirk as Captain would always charge forward and do his absolute best for the mission and his crew. Kirk as a civilian, when faced with a pretty girl on his arm and time to relax and unwind? That was quite a different story, and allowing Tessa to see that side of him was a step he felt he should take now, instead of waiting.

"Yeah. But I'm glad I said it and we have and idea going forward. And you're right, it's entirely on me," he offered to her teasing jest lightly, although the idea of her calling him 'Sir' in other contexts cropped up in his head. By this time they'd arrived and so, instead of dwelling on thoughts that might get him into trouble, Kirk let them dissipate away from his head and focused on his company once more. Besides, they'd have plenty of time for the physical part of their relationship to mesh, and he looked forward to that as much as he suspected she might. Here and now, it was ages off, so once both of them were in the Holodeck and Tessa had the controls, Kirk merely stood back and allowed her to take charge.

Often, when he'd been in here with others previously, Kirk had been subjected to different sights and sounds and scents invading his senses, from this planet or that. It always seemed to be the most popular choice, to pick a place like Risa where one could truly relax and enjoy even the most carnal of desires as they pleased, despite not being on shore leave. So he sort of mentally braced himself for exactly this kind of scenario, especially knowing that Tessa had an imaginative mind. Perhaps she'd try to show him the lights along the moon of Bajor or take him along the Andorian trail, which was fabled for the reflective, glittering display of the stars shooting off into the distance.

Yet, he was thrown for a loop when, after she keyed in the program, the scene materialized into one of pure calm tranquility and bliss. The sounds hit him first; the seagulls soared and milled about, and then the colorful displays of the midway lights cascaded over his features. Was this a...fair? Yes, that was what he thought, although he wasn't sure; in fact, he turned to Tessa to make sure as he'd never been to one himself.
"I love it. Where are we? This is incredible. Are there games here?" He asked, excited, curiosity aligned. Please don't call me for a while, please, he begged the gods silently, and his communicator thankfully stayed silent.

Before he ran off, Kirk felt Tessa reaching for his palm again, and both of his own hands clasped around hers.
"I'm impressed. Why don't you show me around? I want to see everything," he said quietly, a tinge of shade creeping onto his features.

No relationship was without complications, that was just a fact of life and while the ones that came with Jim Kirk were nothing to scoff at, they didn't worry Tessa; at least not at the moment. That wasn't to say she was being flippant with the potential dangers that could fall upon them.. her, but she saw no point to worry about it at this time. No one knew of their budding romance and wouldn't know for a while if they were careful. As Jim had said, there was no reason to flaunt their relationship. Besides, she hadn't agreed to date him for clout or to flaunt that she was dating him. It wasn't a status symbol for her and so the fact that they only saw one person on their jaunt to the holodeck didn't bother her. The fact that she was able to walk with him, hand in hand was the highlight of the walk. Their hands swung gently between them, their fingers interlaced as they chattered aimlessly.

Guide-to-the-Atlantic-City-Boardwalk.jpg
Once inside she made sure that he wasn't peeking at what she was doing before keying in the program. What he might have expected had never crossed her mind. While sure, they were lovely, romantic destinations it lacked what she wanted in charm. That and she had never been to a faire and never seen any past the old movies from earth. They seemed a sweet tradition, filled with games, rides and yummy treats. Turning, she watched his face and she couldn't help the smile that stretched across her face. His joy at the scene that unfolded before them brought her own on double. "I saw it in an old movie. Fisherman's Warf. There are. Games, rides and food." Her hand reached for his once more and she chuckled. "I can't show you around, this is my first time too. But, I thought we could explore together?" her voice was shy as she gently pulled them in. Bodies moved around them, like a living sea as they wove in and out of the crowd.

She paused before a booth of bb guns that were tethered to the booth. Little discs spun, ducks moved in a wavy path and little men popped up at random. "It is too bad we can't take anything from here or I would bully you into getting me a stuffed animal." She nodded to the stuffed animals, though her eyes lingered on a cute platypus and she reached out with her free hand to boop its nose. Chuckling, she turned him toward another game. The bottles were placed close together, the aim it seemed was to throw rings on it for a prize. "Or we could try a ride." She nodded to the small roller coaster and the ferris wheel. There was also a haunted house as well as a number of games. Turning to him she gave his hip a playfully bump.

"So what will it be?" While it wasn't the real thing, Tessa was unsure if it was even still around back on earth. The holodeck though was doing a good job, as the scent of sea air and fried food mingled. It was unlikely she'd ever see a real one. Though this one, with him? One of the best nights of her life. The sun was slowly setting, the lights of the faire glowing all the brighter. "Have you ever been to anything like this back on earth?" There was a simple curiosity to her words. She knew he'd gone to the academy on earth.

Mercifully, Kirk had smartly with foresight blocked off several hours of free time without even knowing for sure how much he'd devote to spending time in Tessa's company. Spock also wasn't the type to disturb him unless there was an emergency of sorts, but then again they were at war. Still, the communicator stayed quiet, and that gave Kirk more minutes here, with her, reveling in their new-found understanding of their blossoming relationship. It became hard for Kirk to want to leave her hands alone; the sheer warmth they made him feel when in contact with his own produced quite the effect, one that he was not keen to avoid anytime soon. Everything old was revived for him, in the face of these emotions, and he found no reason that he should not allow himself these joys, especially in the face of the war breathing down his neck.

This, however, went far past any of his wildest fantasies, and she'd manage to produce this wholly from her own memories - of a film no less.
"It's amazing. This might be the best Holodeck program I've ever seen," he told her, not lightly. Tessa had plugged in all the crowds, sights and sounds properly, as least from what he had studied in the history books. These days the piers were not nearly as bustling and many of the storefronts had fallen into disrepair, but the scene around them roared to life as if it was straight out of the pictures themselves, made real by the technology on offer. Instantly he gripped her smaller palm in his own, and Kirk's eyes followed a small girl who seemed very enthused about the massive cotton candy she had in her hands, making her way back to her family and especially to her brother, who was feeding pigeons against the edge of the pier. A group of what seemed like students due to their uniforms bustled past the two of them, hurtling toward the ice cream shop in the corner toward the end of the pier. "Absolutely, we can. I don't think I ever want to leave," he murmured, replying back to her, allowing her to lead them.

Kirk made a mental note to try and wrangle a stuffed animal for her through his many contacts on Earth, although outwardly he merely shrugged as they approached one of the games.
"I admit, that little guy would look good in your quarters," he allowed graciously, referring to the delightful platypus that caught her attention, and fervently hoping he'd be able to pull off an order and get it something similar to him pronto. Even in the middle of tough times, most of his sneaky contacts would manage to find a way. "We can do it all, really," he told her, very much believing that to be true as there had been no call for him yet. Partly Kirk felt like he was under duress; each second a small grace that was precious to him. And he wanted to really delve deep into what she'd presented for them here, but he knew they had to prioritize. Kirk's irises fell on the ferris wheel as he watched it soar up and turn. "Let's go up there, and then we'll get some games going if we can," he responded, nearly giggling at her affectionate bump. Already they seemed so much at ease together.

Even the smell of the wondrous food hit him and despite a full stomach, Kirk felt his tummy rumble.
"I've never been to one, no; I thought they were myths frankly. Next time I have Shore Leave at home, I'll have to see what's out there." This time, he took charge, and walked with her to the busy line of the ferris wheel. Thankfully it went fast, and once they reached the front, the man attending to the ride pulled the gate aside to let them through, and Kirk sat her down beside himself, unwilling to let go, as the wheel spun and they started to make their way up. "I feel like I could spend hours here and never get bored. Thank you for this, I'll never forget it," he said softly, looking at her pupils with his own. Damn, Kirk wanted to lean forward and give her a kiss that she'd remember, but perhaps it was too early. For now, he waited, and relied on his patience.

Once they were at the topmost point, though, maybe he'd risk it.
"Glad you watched that movie," he joked, laughing, as the wheel rose up and sent them slowly towards the glorious night sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom