Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Hogwarts 2022 - Summer Solstice

@LeaT
Eric shrugged at her encouragement. "I appreciate it, but when I was notified, I could feel the words 'for now' hanging at the end of every sentence. I don't think they were fans of the wand lore course." Another shrug and a small grin were offered as punctuation before moving on.

"Well of course the students love it. Any break from class is going to be welcome. And, for what it's worth, I'm glad the students love it...fresh air and all that. I played myself for a couple of years...mainly enjoyed it. It just seems a bit too much of a focus." He'd seemed about ready to write her off, another professor caring about all the wrong things. Shame, too...as she was certainly among the more attractive, but then she caught him off-guard. His eyebrows raised and he took a step closer, smiling lightly. "You definitely have my attention."

"You guys start school at seven? That's charming." Amelia said, dripping as much sarcasm onto the statement as she could. Beginning at such an early age would have been such a bore to her, but luckily, she had been born in a country where the closest Magical School didn't take students until eleven. Shrugging off the close call of a childhood, Amelia turned her attention to the next of Ayaka's comments. "It's definitely violent. People have been admitted to the Hospital Ward over it. Nothing major, though, but there was more than one cracked bone last year."

Amelia watched the aftermath of Ayaka and Jae-Yun bumping into one another. The bowing was quite unnecessary here, but instead of embarrassing her in front of the girl, Amelia would let her play out her usual custom. It was charming, in its own way.
"It's alright, nobody was hurt, right?" Amelia asked, looking between the two girls. She didn't have long to be concerned though, as empathy was replaced with frustration at the mere sight of a fourth girl quickly approaching.

"It wasn't even me that bumped into her, Charlie." Amelia said, emphasizing the spiteful nickname she had given to Charlotte. Calling her by the masculine version of her name felt good, even if it was petty as all hell. Instinctively, she took a step forward, standing in the way of the two girls who had just collided and Charlotte. It was partly because she wanted to be the one to throw a punch or a spell first if things went south, partly because she wanted to protect the other two. Damn Gryffindor courage.

"The real failure is standing right in front of me, mocking someone she never met just for existing near me. You should be glad I'm not prefect this year, Charles, I'd end up costing you the House Cup all over again." She stood with feet squared with her shoulders, fists clenched under her robes, glaring at the blonde with as intense a look as Amelia could manage. "Don't you have some candy to take from babies or something? Shoo."

@SMG9000 @Saber

@kckolbe
"Oh nonsense, the headmistress wouldn't have put you in the position if she didn't have full confidence in you." Mina said emphatically, as if his concerns were nothing to take seriously. She leaned in closer to him, as if to offer her physical support. Mina was still an athletic and solid woman and could be quite formidable if the situation called for it, but usually she was caring and supportive. She wasn't a mother, but it was a role she preferred to fill when she could.

As much as Professor Dellet's pessimism had her leaning in, his immediate interest in her idle thought of changing traditions put her back on her heels. She wasn't accustomed to exploring half baked ideas, preferring to think them through on her own before sharing them. It didn't seem that long ago that she was the new teacher at Hogwarts, but time had flown like a particularly lively snitch and she was getting to be senior staff. "Well I'm not quite sure, what do you think would liven things up Professor Dellet?" It was perhaps a rare moment of vulnerability from the normally controlled DATDA teacher.

She listened to whatever idea he might have with interest. "Well it is the solstice, but maybe we should talk about this when we both can give it our undivided attention?" She suggested, but caught herself before it sounded like she was asking him out for dinner or something like that. Not that that wouldn't be nice, she just didn't think it would seem too professional. Especially since Eric Dellet was the first teacher actually younger than her at the school. Nor was he hard on the eyes.

@TabithaVaush @Saber @SMG9000
Liz stood squarely behind Charlotte as she faced down the new girl and the red headed Gryffindor. Both girls were quite pretty, spurring a bit of jealousy in the dark haired girl. With Charlotte squaring off against her frequent foil Amelia, Liz squared herself up with the new girl who was an unknown quantity, which made her a little nervous. While technically, they had numbers on their side, JP, despite being a Slytherin, wasn't quite a lock to follow suit with Charlotte like Liz would. In a way, Liz admired Yun's independence even if she herself wasn't brave enough to be so independent. She tried not to give the new girl her outright bitch face, she looked like she could be very snuggly under the right circumstances.

All in the blink of an eye, Delilah appended her cherry slush onto Professor Mina’s blouse. A gasp, and her hands clasping over her crimson and sweetened pout to convey her regret. Dainty digits searched a square pocket on her pinafore, skirting around a handkerchief, locating her wand in the enchanted pockets. Why, her pockets stitched by hand and as deep as a suitcase housed a multitude of useful items: lipstick, brekky, her familiar Brownie. The marten scuttled and wriggled, handing her the wand, or nudging the crooked instrument with its nose into a spot that Delilah could reach.

“Here, Professor Mina.” Delilah pointed her wand at the woman’s bosom, a red stain blooming on the soft fabric. She planned to right her wrong - even though Mina was to blame for standing directly behind her. Where had the graceful professor come from? If this were another student, Delilah may have worn a scowl, but this woman’s status garnered respect from Delilah. She eyed the healthy tits, examining the red seeping down her teacher’s plump cleavage. Delilah’s hand twitched, cheeks rose hued. Oh! The professor swished her wand right in front of Delilah, and the stain disappeared. She properly stood up straight, tucking her wand away. “Happy Summer Solstice.” Delilah swiped a bit of shaved ice off her dress, flattened her palms to soothe any wrinkles in the lace. Her hands were ready to take the replacement, but not without gratitude. “Thanks.” She held the cold cup, like it was a precious thing, and eased up when Mina queried. “Actually, yes…” Delilah answered truthfully, but did Professor Mina want to know? It appeared the kinda-cute, kinda-not-cute professor stole her head-of-house away, and Delilah stood in place, dumbfounded.

Delilah left the two to their advice, imagining the old lovebirds had to get to it. Ughh. I have got to get some friends. She had acquaintances, or people she would chat with in between classes, but new friends. New faces, preferably the pretty, and smart kind. With that visualization in mind, Delilah set out for a patch of lush grass bordering the stone pillars, legs curled elegantly beside her. Sill attached, of course. The truth, is that Delilah only attended the Summer Solstice to get out of the house. The Fiddlewoods all worked, or they would be in attendance with her.

Last edited:
This was the exact situation that Jae-Yun didn't want to be in. She rolled her eyes as her hand came up to rub the bridge of her nose when Charlotte spoke. Then, Amelia felt the need to step in. Their rivalry must've been real since the air seemed to electrify the closer the girls got to each other. As Jae analyzed the scene before her, she couldn't help but feel annoyed, for both her and Ayaka. This probably wasn't the situation the new student wanted to be in, and Jae-Yun was irritated that Charlotte had trailed her to begin with. House loyalty only went so far and that was if they got along. It was pretty obvious that Jae and Charlotte weren't going to get along. Her eyes graced over the girl that was standing behind Charlotte, another Slytherin she didn't recognize or care to get to know if she was associating with...this.

"Honest, you two seem like you have some sexual tension you need to work out." Jae-Yun sighed as she folded her arms over her chest. "Maybe you guys just need some privacy to solve your issues." Being coy was something Jae was not good at and she didn't see the point of dancing around a subject to spare someone's feelings. She saw something, she commented on it. It was really that simple. Clearly something was going on between Charlotte and Amelia to cause this rivalry, but if she cared to actually know, that meant that she would be invested and that, she didn't want.

Dark eyes scanned the crowd around her, not really paying attention to the scene unfolding. She needed to find a way out. Could she make an excuse that she needed to go help at her family's food stall? Sure, but she didn't want to go back there either, her parents would most definitely put her to work. Finally, like a beacon in the fog of drama, she spotted the unmistakable contrasting tones of someone she actually didn't mind talking to. She didn't really care to bring anymore attention to herself, at least any attention from Charlotte and Amelia, but she did give a polite wave to Ayaka before she left the melodrama behind her.

Thankfully, where Delilah was sitting was far enough away that Jae-Yun couldn't hear the banter between the Slytherin and the Gryffindor. Delilah Fiddlewood was something of an enigma and a celebrity at the same time. They'd only spoken maybe a handful of times, but her personality and fashion caused other students to recognize her. The previous year at school, Hufflepuff had only a couple classes with Slytherin, and socializing outside of classes wasn't something that Jae made a habit of. At least with students from other houses. What Jae-Yun did recall, was that speaking with Delilah didn't make her feel like she was trapped in conversation and that was hard for her to find.

"Happy Solstice, Delilah." Jae-Yun in all honesty, was a bit awkward when starting conversation. She tried her best to keep her composure, but being 'chatty' wasn't in her skillset. Still, if she was going to socialize, at the very least she would have control of whom she socialized with. The Slytherin sat down next to Delilah, leaving a decent amount of space since they weren't technically friends. "Have you had the pleasure of running in to any of our schoolmates yet?"

@prettysoft @SMG9000 @TabithaVaush

Ayaka shared a glance with Yun as Charlotte and Amelia started to go in on each other. It was clear there was a history here, one that Ayaka was probably half a world away when it started. Ayaka gave Yun a little shrug and watched her take her leave.

Charlotte gave Yun a glare as she had the audacity to abandon her when Charlotte was being so kind to back her up. Charlotte the looked back at Amelia focused on the single target for now. Charlotte would 'talk' with Yun later. A smirk curled at the edge of Charlotte's lips at the mention of house points.

"Hmmm 5 points from Gryffindor… that has a nice ring to it." Charlotte said stroking her chin as she tested the word. "Being a Prefect is going to be suuuch hard work this year. I think I am the right girl for the job though… isn't that right Liz?"

"Watch yourself this year, hate to see your failure bring down your whole house."
Charlotte said then glanced at Ayaka. "When you want to ditch this loser, come find me. Come on Liz, let's go find something fun."

With that Charlotte started to leave Amelia and Ayaka. Ayaka looked at Charlotte's back then to Amelia. "Well… she is… " Ayaka said trailing off trying to find a polite word to describe Charlotte but none were coming to mind.

@Red Day

As Titus demonstrated the enchantment on his cap, Charles found himself suppressing a frustrated sigh. Of course Titus wasn’t really wearing muggle clothing. Of course it was some kind of charm. He should’ve guessed that right away. It was exchanges like this that really made the young wizard feel like an outsider; always one step behind, always the idiot with his mouth hanging open whenever something remotely magical happened. It made him want to scream.

And it didn’t help that Titus seemed determined to rub it in his face.

Yes, I get it! Charles wanted to shout. I’m a stupid muggle who still doesn’t know a damn thing and you’re so very magical Titus, well done! So glad you’re here to share your wisdom! He didn’t, though; if there was one thing he’d learned well over the last four years, it was how to keep his frustrations bottled up inside. He was even mostly able to keep his bitter thoughts off his face, though he couldn’t quite prevent an embarrassed blush from creeping onto his cheeks, or a slight thinning of his mouth that could have been the start of a scowl.

And fortunately, Professor Augsburg’s arrival provided a well-timed distraction before the young wizard had to figure out how to reply. It was definitely for the best; he’d probably been about to say something foolish, or pig-headed, or both. Their brief chat gave Charles the moment he needed to simmer down — though he did find himself, in turn, resisting the urge to roll his eyes as he found Titus’ arm suddenly wrapped around his shoulder. He had the distinct feeling he was being used somehow.

It seemed pretty unlikely that Titus genuinely wanted to invite him of all people to a Quidditch match, but Charles didn’t really want to cause a scene or embarrass the other wizard in front of their professor, so he didn’t say or do anything to contradict Titus; just nodded and smiled politely, with maybe only a slight raise of his eyebrows to give the game away. Once the professor had moved on, however — and after an awkward moment of silence before Titus released him — Titus actually repeated the offer, and suddenly Charles found himself feeling incredibly silly, and guilty, over his bitter thoughts towards the other boy.

“You’re serious?” An initial look of skepticism slowly gave way to excitement and gratitude as Charles realised that, yes, Titus was. “I mean — yeah, you’re right, I’d love that. I’ve never been to a proper Quidditch match outside the school before, obviously, so…” He realised he was starting to ramble again, and cut himself off. “Thank you, Titus.” His thanks sounded a little more surprised than he intended.

At a loss for what else to say, the young wizard fell silent for a moment. It gave him a chance to overhear his name, being spoken somewhere else in the crowd, which made him glance over instinctively just in time to catch the tail-end of some kind of confrontation between two groups of girls. He indicated the exchange to Titus with a jerk of his head, a concerned frown slipping onto his face.

“Those are your classmates, right?” Charles was pretty sure he recognised them all as students from the year above him, though there was a Japanese girl he didn’t recognise, and he only could have named two of them confidently — Amelia O’Conner, whose sister was in his house, and JP, the Slytherin Beater. It looked like Amelia had been about ready to punch someone. “What do you think that was all about?”

@LeaT
"You're too kind." Eric chuckled lightly at her attempt to cheer him, leaning closer to her as well and wrapping an arm around her waist, thinking she was leaning in to offer a supportive hug. "I was told almost the exact same thing about the wand lore class," he said with a smirk, patting her hip as he pulled away.

Continuing to stand nearby, he considered her question. "Well, I would like to see higher stakes on academic competitions, whether they be core subjects or electives or even more obscure, just something a little more relevant. I'd be a lot more interested in putting up House Cup points for something like that. I'd be more interested in other wagers on that as well."

He grinned as she suggested they talk about it later. "Good idea. I'm sure many faithful students are hoping to run into you, figuratively or literally."

@prettysoft
While there was clearly no threat intended, Mina had spent more than enough time on the wrong end of a wand. Seeing Delilah aim her wand at her breast she reacted with a flick of her own wand. "Exp..." but remember herself and stopped her disarming charm before it could have its intended affect but not before it would be obvious to a bright young witch like Delilah Fiddlewood. She did her best to recover but she had spoiled the moment and then there was Professor Dellet. "I'm so sorry, maybe we can talk again soon?" She said in parting, leaving her dumbstruck student. It was hardly the first time Mina had an awkward encounter with student or even peer. Her condition was getting worse and she could no longer avoid the realization that she would need help, but from whom?

@kckolbe
Mina's idea of 'physical support' was more of a pat on the shoulder than a full hug, but Eric embraced her about the waist and pulling her into a hug. Her whole body went somewhat rigid at the close, and by her standards almost intimate, hub as she felt her breasts press into his chest. She had problems with such intimacy, though even she recognized it wasn't helpful and though it lasted just a moment, she did try to relax and return some measure of affection. But as he pulled away he would notice her face was flushed, as if they had exchanged some inappropriate public display of affection and not a rather professional gesture between colleagues. It might have made her realize just what she was missing in her life as she forced herself to not back away as he continued to stand close to her.

She nodded at his idea, it did sound good, but admittedly her mind wasn't fully focused on the discussion. She was trying to process the many ways her body was still reacting to the close contact with Professor Dellet. Had she really become such an ice queen? It hadn't been intentional, but the death eaters had done things to her that she hadn't told anyone else, things she wished she could forget.

She did start to catch 'other wagers' as well and his grin made her all the more curious, and nervous, about what he was thinking. "Yes that, I shall need to be more careful." She said, recalling her run in with Delilah.

"You know, if you overdo it they might just take your Prefect spot and give it to me. Can you imagine? A Noble Gryffindor such as myself replacing a snobby Slytherin as Prefect for a year? You'd bring shame on your entire house!" Amelia said. For once, she was glad that she had worn her robes. As hot and muggy as the late evening air was, it was able to hold a wand in a pocket much better than the muggle outfit she almost wore could. One hand began to reach around her body, fishing for it in the sea of fabric she wore. If there was going to be a fight, so be it.

"Clearly not every Slytherin is as much of a snob as you are. Maybe you two should meet up, Jae could give you lessons."

It seemed that luck was on her side today. Amelia wasn't sure how much of Charlotte's departure she wanted to chalk up to it being three on two in their favor, or how much of it she wanted to blame on all of them having more important things to do. At least she could drop her guard as Charlotte and Liz exited the scene. With a sigh, the redhead turned around, nodding to the two of them with as much of a smile as she could muster despite her annoyance.
"A right bitch, that's what. But that's that for now. Come on, let's go find something better to do."

She took a few steps in the direction opposite of where Charlotte had left from, not caring who or what the three of them could find to do. As long as something was around to keep them entertained, Amelia would be happy. Even if it was just chatting while they wandered aimlessly.
"Honestly, I don't know why she keeps up with it. She's never going to win, and she's been this stubborn about it for this long. I dunno what her deal is." Amelia said, but after shrugging it off, she was able to smile a little brighter than that. "For the record, there's no sexual tension there. She'd be the last girl in the entire castle I'd let lay me down."

@LeaT
For a brief moment, as he pulled Mina into the hug, it had seemed like Mina had leaned into the hug, molding herself against him, but maybe that was his own imagination, partially fueled by rumors of those who were or who at least claimed to know her from her younger years out of Hogwarts. However, her freeze once they connected surprised him considerably, spurring him to let go and pull away slightly. But since she didn't step away, they were left standing closely together as they continued chatting about meeting to discuss a competition.

"All right...well come by whenever. I'm pretty well set up for the coming year."

Among the wicked doodads and magic tonics in Delilah’s pocket was a long list of school supplies in Diagon Alley. A trip in dark alleys was meant to be enjoyed with the company of one or two others, not alone. Certainly not the Fiddlewoods, or any other guardian figures. Delilah’s one good friend in Hufflepuff vanished over the summer, leaving Delilah without a cute friend to call her own. Dakota Bottlebrush, a fiery spirit and inquisitive mind mysteriously left her parents without a trace. Well, not without a trace. The bottlebrushes placed her at an Aunt’s, but they were the dirty sort, like the infamous Duggards. Not to be trusted at any point in time, at least that is what Dakota wrote to her in a lettter.

Triggering memories of Dakota’s coarse-skinned father and dusty mother left her vexed, and she averted her attention to the school list. Lush and freshly mowed grass recently wetted by rain squelched and plain jane nikes stopped right in front of her. Delilah peered up, set the list down on her slanted lap. The enchanting Jae-Yun sparked a flame within Delilah’s little heart whenever the Slytherin beauty trekked up and sat beside her. All cool like that. They shared a class in their 5th year. What a blessing…A true honor. Jae-Yun, the local athlete, comes to join her, out of all the busy bees and beautiful caterpillars?

“Happy Solstice, Cutie.” Delilah flicked pigment deficient strands over her slim shoulders, her flirty siren gaze analyzing JY's outfit. Casual. Cool. The threads embodied the image that she painted of her fellow student the previous year. A brilliant picture, but the summertime did JY some good. “Me? Just professor Mina. She’s a bit of a klutz, but I should play nice.” Legs outstretched, and Delilah pulled the pinafore over her inner thighs. “Speaking of schoolmates, in the morrow, I want to shop at Diagon Alley. Any plans with your 'rents?"

Back
Top Bottom