Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I am extremely suspicious of three different queer authors I write with being banned for the same rule.

Sekah

Star
Hi all,
First of all, I disagree that having accounts over the limit should be ban-worthy at all. Just ask the person which accounts they'd like to delete and delete the extra. You have that power as admins. This over-modding is ridiculous in the first place. But secondly, I am EXTREMELY suspicious of three different queer writers who I know to be different writers, since they all write with me, have different stories with me, and have different conversation styles and story types all being banned on the same day for the same rule. This is admin overreach to the max. My entire threadlist just got destroyed because you guys don't want to delete a few accounts. Nobody returns to a site after a temporary ban. Bans make people leave - not just those people you ban, but their close partners. Like, for example, me, who's considering packing up and heading off. The idea that you can do whatever you want as an admin and damn the userbase is toxic as hell. It is bizarre to be on a site this big and see so many banned accounts everywhere, most of them banned for the same absolutely innocuous reason - having multiple accounts. I don't care if it causes server strain, again, literally all you need to do is delete the extra accounts. Have a rule that you'll delete the oldest or newest accounts if people don't respond to the message sent. You know how long it took me to think of a way to solve this problem you were experiencing on your site without resorting to a ban? Less than a minute.

Above all, commit to adminning for the people on the site, not for your own convenience and pride.

I've replied to posts by users who end up banned for being over account limit and I still don't even know why more than one account per person is allowed in the first place. I've never heard of that being permitted on a forum where people roleplay.

I know tons of sites where people have multiple accounts. I've been on sites where people have a hundred accounts, one for each character. But it's not ban-worthy to go over an account limit. There is no world where that makes you someone who is a bad fit for a site, which is the reason you ban someone. You don't do it for convenience. You don't do it just to do it. You do it because it's causing quantifiable harm to the site. There is no quantifiable harm to this site. There's tens of thousands of users on here, I struggle to believe that someone having two more accounts than they are allowed is really tipping the server's scale.

Hey there!

So, couple things:
All users are allowed up to Five accounts here on BMR. If a member's ban reason says "Over account limit", it means that they've created more than five accounts. And, in those instances, a member is contacted regarding which accounts they'd like to keep.

Per the Site Rules:
If a member is found to have more than five accounts, whether active or withdrawn, the member will be contacted and asked which accounts are to be permanently banned. If no response is given, the newest accounts will be banned. Repeatedly creating accounts over the limit of five will result in temporary bans on all accounts that may escalate to permanent depending on the number of accounts and offenses.

I am sorry to hear you've lost some partners, but I'm confident you'll find something here if you keep at it 😁

How the hell did three people I write with, all M/M writers, get the same ban in the same day? It doesn't make any sense at all. Are you sure those bans were justified? Did you pull the proof from the logs yourself?

When I worked for another forum. If someone made another account. It shares the same IP Address as the other accounts logging in. So the proof is just the fact that one computer/phone was logging into more than five different accounts.

There are other methods, but primarily by IP. I don't think people were banned simply because of what they write, or the nature of what they are attracted to. Sorry if you feel like it is.

My entire Conversations is one long line of the banned icon. They were all lovely people and good writers. If rules are making good people leave, rules need to change. And I'm still not convinced this isn't somebodies' harassment campaign, to be perfectly blunt. I really struggle to believe I just happened to be writing my entire threadlist with people who were all doing the exact same rule-breaking. Did any M/F writers lose partners today? What about other M/M broskis, did you lose anybody today?

My entire Conversations is one long line of the banned icon. They were all lovely people and good writers. If rules are making good people leave, rules need to change. And I'm still not convinced this isn't somebodies' harassment campaign, to be perfectly blunt. I really struggle to believe I just happened to be writing my entire threadlist with people who were all doing the exact same rule-breaking. Did any M/F writers lose partners today? What about other M/M broskis, did you lose anybody today?

For what it's worth: I promise you it's not a conspiracy, campaign or cover-up. What you described is likely a coincidence -- a strange one -- but a coincidence all the same. Bans (up to and including those of the over-account-limit variety) are handled in a strict process that's been partially outlined above.

You have nothing more to go on than our word as staff-members, but I can say with some confidence that all moderation takes place for the betterment of the site.

I have nothing to go on but your word, and to be frank I don't trust it. But there's nothing I can do. I'm not an admin, I'm just a member. So I lose 3 of the 4 active partners I have right now, including my favorite threads, and have to assume that I'm not gonna be banned under some pretense, too. It's unsatisfying and frankly pretty awful, but obviously there's nothing I can do.

But I want to put this out there for non-admins: I've only ever had one account, so if anyone sees me banned for multiple accounts, something is up and funky and something is going down.

If you aren't breaking site rules why would you be banned?

This is an anonymous site. People lie, easily. You can make an alt account and intentionally change how you talk and act just to pretend. No one know except staff that can see the IP address.

I question why they were banned in the first place. I've been on plenty of sites with admin teams who banned for personal reasons and publicly made up stories. I don't know whether that's going on here, but this is hella suspicious.

I'm confused as to why people need more than ONE account to begin with. Let alone FIVE. Like, how the fuck do you even keep track of that? And then you have peeps that get banned for having MORE? Like, what even is the point of having so many accounts? I dunno about y'all, but I like to keep all my notices and contacts on ONE place, instead of trying to remember what I wrote with who on which account. That just sounds like a lot of extra effort for no reason.

Also, it just seems a little... dishonest? I mean, just have your one account and do you. Why the need to masquerade with a whole bunch of alts?

But um... I dunno dude. The staff has always seemed pretty nice and reasonable to me. You are honestly coming off as a little paranoid and... I dunno, bitter?
Like, I get that you're upset that your threads died. But I highly doubt that there is some conspiracy going on behind the administrative curtain to throw a wrench into your personal RP experience. lmao

You might consider whether these three accounts you were playing with, were the same person. I had three partners (two former, one current), all queer writers, also get banned all at the same time yesterday. And when I think about it, there were similarities between the three of them that were quite telling, when I really thought about it. I had suspected that maybe two of them were the same person, and yesterday just confirmed it for me. It's a bit of a mindfuck to think that I was essentially being manipulated, but it is what it is, I suppose.

I'm not gonna name names publicly, since that feels a bit messy, but if you want to talk more you can PM me.

I can speak from experience as someone who has had more than 5 accounts the reliability of the staff here. I had them give me a list of my accounts as well as my significant others accounts in the past. I have been asked which accounts were mine and which were theirs and which ones I would like to keep.

If you lost partners they chose those accounts to ban, they made the decision that the accounts that were to get banned were the ones that they felt the least connected to and I’m sorry but that is how the cookie crumbled.

I can speak from experience as someone who has had more than 5 accounts the reliability of the staff here. I had them give me a list of my accounts as well as my significant others accounts in the past. I have been asked which accounts were mine and which were theirs and which ones I would like to keep.

If you lost partners they chose those accounts to ban, they made the decision that the accounts that were to get banned were the ones that they felt the least connected to and I’m sorry but that is how the cookie crumbled.
I have a better understanding of how this particular situating is handled now, so thank you for explaining your experience!

it also sounds like if the partners weren’t permanently banned their preferred or original account is still in use on this site somewhere. If they value the roleplay and connection sounds simple enough that they will reach out ? If not, it really is time to move on.

Without knowing all of the ins-and-outs of what happened, it's probably fair to say that the people behind the accounts weren't banned; only those accounts that were over the maximum number of accounts were banned. So it's quite possible that the user is still active here (unless they gave up in a huff and left after having their too-numerous accounts banned), and all you've lost is the alt account, and not the author behind it.

I'm sure the player(s) will reconnect with you uf they value the roleplays you had. Unless it was some weird "Make excess accounts to get banned" kind of ghost.

But the repeated mention of them being queer or m/m as well as questioning whether m/f roleplayers got banned has me scratching my head.

If you are fishing for -phobias this site would be one of the last places to look. Besides, it's a pretty hefty accusation to toss about while having a hissy fit.

I have to ask, purely to satiate my own curiosity and for the sake of knowing, what exactly is being implied by your apparent mistrust of the staff?

Are they out to get you in particular? If so, what's the end goal? What would they gain by banning your partners? Why wouldn't they just ban you?

Is it a matter of them trying to blot out M/M roleplayers and replace them with a hetero superiority? If that's the case, why would they allow male on male pairings on the site to begin with?

Is it just wanton paranoia? That seems awfully silly.

Whatever it might be, I'm sorry for your loss. I'm sure it's frustrating. Better luck and better trails ahead.

I've noticed similar RT by different user names and in some cases, make assumption that they are the same person. Sometimes it's also just a case of users copying someone's idea and using it as own. What I also once noticed is two banned users with near identical taste and the reason for ban was more than five accounts.

Yeah, I'm not getting the prejudiced conspiracy either. Especially not when this banned user(s) are still here under 5 other accounts. I mean, that's understood, isn't it? That this user/users are here on this forum with 5(potentially 15, if all 3 partners were indeed 3 individual people) other accounts. So....where exactly is the homophobia? Agree with others. If they felt the same way about the rps as you do, they'll reach out through one of their many other alts.

I don't see any other evidence presented for such distrust and hostility towards the staff here. And jumping to such conclusions based on what has been presented seems a bit unreasonable.

Is it a matter of them trying to blot out M/M roleplayers and replace them with a hetero superiority? If that's the case, why would they allow male on male pairings on the site to begin with?
Yeah, I feel like the OP is trying really hard to twist this into an issue that puts admin in a light of targeting M/M RPers... which is completely asinine, considering that some of the mods/admin themselves advertise for that very thing.

OH, or maybe it's just that they are gatekeeping the M/M RPers for themselves! lmao
In essence, culling the community here to their liking. RP GAY with Admin, or else! XD

*dons tinfoil hat*

Back
Top Bottom