Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Star Wars Saga: Dawn of Defiance - OOC

So I checked out everyone's sheets, and I notice we don't have a pilot yet. I have a trained skill and I don't know what to do with it. Does anyone want the Jawa to be our pilot?

I remember @Tenshi saying we already had 2. I think Ami (Tenshi's char) was one of them, but not seeing a second. And Ami has a lower dex than I imagine a Jawa would have.

We are good on computers, as Ahlanna has that covered. Mechanics is all Penny, but I do think 2 pilots is a good idea.

Ada’koyi (Ahlanna's character) is also a pilot. I'll still be trained in Computers just in case she's indisposed, but we probably don't need triple coverage for piloting. That's okay, I've chosen other skills.

@Penny, could you roll a Persuasion check for Litki? With a -5 penalty, as the troopers are decidedly unfriendly.

I don't think Litki is fighting her way out of this one. I'm going to have to look for other options.

Is there any way Litki can use her Mechanics skill to, say, retract the catwalk the stormtroopers are standing on, or turn out the lights? Failing that, would a shot from an ion pistol take out the lights, and how difficult would such a shot be?

I'm having trouble justifying it from an in-character perspective, since all the PCs look like criminals or terrorists from her perspective right now, but I'm working on that.

Who knows, maybe she could recover her chip and everyone would blame the seps and not some jawa.

"Catwalk" might not really be the right word; it's really just a walkway that runs around the length of the Promenade, giving it an upper level for additional stores. It doesn't retract. Litki could shut off the lights, though! There're probably too many to shoot out individually, but she could sabotage a power relay to knock out the lights in this area. Those relays would be shielded to some extent, so it'd be a difficult shot — she'd need to hit Reflex 20 with her pistol, but that would do it. She could also sabotage one using Mechanics, DC 20, but that would be a full-round action and she'd have to move over to it first.

With her 23 Perception last round, Litki is also going to notice that the brush which just flew out and hit the trooper wasn't thrown by anyone. It apparently just launched into the air on its own.

Sorry, I think I got a bit turned around. When the update says certain players are up, does that mean the other players should wait until the next update before they post?

Right, yeah, that's me keeping track of where we're up to in the initiative order. You did get in a little ahead of Litki's turn this round, but given that she was just moving over to the power relay, no harm done!

There's always a risk I may be visualizing something different than you, so I'll ask outright: will knocking the lights out make it easier for everyone to escape the area? Are there witnesses around that we need to get out of sight of, and will knocking out the lights darken enough of the area that it'll be hard to tell where we went?

Yeah, but I doubt he's the only one on the station. We probably want to get out of the area before backup arrives, and get off the station altogether as soon as we can.

Right, it is quite likely that further Imperials are on their way.

Most of the people on the Promenade fled as the shooting started, but there are still eyes around; for example, people hiding inside the various stores and cantinas, and shopkeepers taking cover in their stalls. Knocking out the lights will make it harder for those people to see which way you've gone, which will be helpful once more troopers arrive and begin questioning people.

Back
Top Bottom