Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Lonely Hearts MsBloom & Mature Male Writer

MsBloom

Moonchild
Hi. I'm Belinda. I'm 52 years old and very single.
I like to read a lot and go for long walks while listening to music. I also enjoy online roleplaying.
I'm 5'9 138 lb.
What I am looking for here is a bit of fun without too many strings attached but who knows what it might lead to.

It was short and very much to the point, but it was the best she had managed over several attempts at writing her profile on the Lonely Hearts Club App. The name had made her smile as it was such an obvious reference to The Beatles, a band she had never quite understood the greatness of, especially not the record referenced. That however had not stopped her from signing up. She had however got stuck when writing her presentation. The first one had been almost a short story about her life from the time her father died and left her to care for her disabled mother, even explaining how her mother had ended up in a wheelchair needing help with basically everything, including but far from limited to using the bathroom. It had gone on for what would have been several pages. She threw it away and tried something more poetic but it just sounded corny and pathetic. In other attempts she had detailed her hobbies with lists of favourite books and music until it looked like a librarians archive. Yes, she was a librarian's assistant at the Caterham Hills Library but she didn't want people to think that was all she was. She even tried to be playfully erotic but that just came out all creepy. No the words staring back at her from the screen of her lap top would have to do. She hit send before she had time to change her mind and then leaned back and looked at her profile.

After she had had her bath she would settle in bed with a glass of wine, check the messages and log in to the chatroom.

It had been long enough for Henry. Anne had been dead for almost three years now. Work and doing things alone had taken his mind off her up until now. Now he wanted some female company, so he joined The Lonely Hearts Club App. He began looking through the female members, and something about Belinda interested him. After a few sips of tea, he wrote her a note,
Hello, My name is Henry and just read your ad. I am a 55-year-old widower, who is 6'0" and 210 lbs. I am an American who has lived and worked in the UK for almost 30 years now. I am looking for someone to have dinner with, visit museums and historical sites, and go to the theater with me. No strings or long term commitment sought.

Henry looked it over the text several times and made a few edits before he hit send.

He then hit send, sipped on his tea, and thought about Anne. They had met while both were in the Air Force. He was a crew chief and cargo load master on cargo aircraft, and she was an RAF pilot on the same aircraft. She was a working class girl who fell in love with flying in CCF, she went on to university for a degree in Aerospace Engineering from Bristol University, and a commission in the RAF. Henry, unhappy in college, had enlisted in the US Air Force just before the first Gulf War and was stationed in the UK. He and Anne met while working together, and would ignore the non fraternization rules, both leave their respective air forces, go to work for different airlines and get married. Life was good until Anne became ill with ovarian cancer and died. Work had filled the void up until now as he sat alone in his nice house in Weybridge. It was time for Henry to move on with his life. He looked at his computer screen and wonder if there would be a reply and chat tonight.

With just a bathrobe wrapped around her and a glass of wine Belinda opened up her lap top and was almost taken aback by the sheer number of private messages she had received in just an hour. One by one she opened and browsed through the 23 messages, most of them from men who seemed to want nothing more than a quick fuck, many of them married, some of them much younger than she was. However, as tempting as it might be to hook up with a 23 year old barista from Brixton, with a beard that she imagined would tickle if he went down on her, claiming to pack 10", or a stock trader from Chelsea who wrote extensively on how much he loved to pleasure a woman orally, how he could lick her for as long as she would let him, be it minutes or hours, or an Australian pilot flying regularly between London and Sydney who just wanted a bit of intimate company whenever he had to spend the night in London, it was not what she was looking for. Sure she wanted to have fun and she certainly wanted sex but those men all seemed so shallow. She wanted a little bit more than what they appeared to offer.

When she had nearly reached the end of unread messages in her inbox she came across one that stood out and she decided to write back. It took her a while to figure out what to write though but eventually she managed to complete a message.

Hello Henry.

I'm Belinda but you know that already I suppose.
I just love the theatre and try to go see a play as often as I can. Perhaps we could go together some time and see where it leads. No strings as you say. Just two mature adults going to a play and maybe dinner as well.

Henry was surprised she answered. He, too, had passed over the too young and those seemingly after his cock. The way Henry and Anne had always done theater in London was taking a car service in, working for the airline he could get the crew rate, a nice dinner, the show, and stay over in a place that took care of air crews. That was not a good plan for a first meeting, as they might detest the other in person.

He finally messaged back,
Hey Belinda, sounds like a nice evening, but before we pick a show, might we have coffee somewhere ? I live in Weybridge, work at Heathrow, and can meet you wherever you think best. Let me know if this works for you. Henry

Although it was late, he waited to see if Belinda answered. He was off tomorrow and could sleep in.

Weybridge that was like 45 minutes away. It was far too late for a coffee that day though and besides she'd just gotten out of the bath and didn't really feel like going anywhere.

I'm in Caterham and work at the library. Coffee sounds nice. Tomorrow? I could meet you at Heathrow maybe?

Henry answered back, I would be glad to come your way. The airport is hard to get around in when you don't work here. Henry pulled up a map and added, What about Costa Coffee in the Swan Shopping Centre in Leatherhead ? Whenever is good for you. Once typed in, he hit send and waited for Belinda's reply. He thought Caterham is a good distance, not too far or too close. He began to wonder what she looked like, but then remembered he best find a photo of himself.

Leatherhead. That was about half way between them though she had never been there. It dawned on her when she realised that just how little of the world she had seen since her father had died and let her mother in her care.

Tomorrow at half two?

That would give her time to get back home from her half day at work to shower and change. Suddenly she felt a strong urge to start picking out what to wear.

Henry's answer was short, Half past two, tomorrow. He typed quickly with anticipation that there might be a woman in life socially once again. Yes, there were co-workers, but office romances that went bad were never good, and he liked his job. He sent along a photo that was from the last time he had his picture taken for work.

Once the text was sent, Henry said to himself, "Be forgiving if she is on the heavy side and plain. You are doing this to be with someone who has interests other than your body." He chuckled at his last thought, as he thought he was no longer a physically attractive man.

He did look a bit older than she had expected but he wasn't bad looking at all. She quite liked the rugged rough look and the casual body language. This was a man clearly at ease with who he was. She browsed through a few photos she had uploaded to her lap top and sent him one that a co-worker had taken of her behind he library on a coffee break and sent to her.

Henry opened the photo up and thought Belinda a very attractive woman, and looking not at all like someone who worked in a library. He liked everything he saw, in fact, the color and style of her hair, her eyes and her lips. He thought about how nice they might be to kiss, but then reminded himself they were both seeking something more out of this meeting, something more mature and noble. But, still, he was a man, and she was an attractive woman in his opinion.

Henry closed up his laptop and went to bed and slept well. The next morning, he got up and took a brisk walk around the neighborhood, had his coffee out on his dock, checked his work email and showered. He dressed like he did most days in business casual with a sport shirt instead of a button up. A bit before two he was on the motorway down to Leatherhead and the Costa in the shopping center. With his car in the car park, he made his way to the Costa. He quickly discovered the shopping center was small, with basically a Sainsbury and other staples of English life. He made his way to Costa and waited with a number of emotions since he had not met a woman like this in years now.

The next morning was Saturday and that meant the Caterham Hills Library closed at 1pm. Instead of walking to work as she usually did Belinda took the car.. It would save her a few minutes on the way back home. She felt oddly excited all day, humming quietly to herself as she sorted the returns and put them back on the shelves. At precisely 1pm she picked up her purse from behind the check out desk and headed back home.

She had actually got out of bed the night before and gone through her wardrobe trying to figure out what to wear for the date. It was a date after all, of some sort. She had tried on a few dresses but somehow it seemed like too dressed up but at the same time she didn't want to meet him dressed the way she usually did for work. She did eventually pick out a pair of side zipped charcoal slacks and a mother of pearl blouse over which she wore a jacket to match the slacks and on her feet she wore a pair of boots with a 2" heel, which was more than what she normally wore on a daily basis.

Before ending their conversation the night before they had agreed to meet outside the shopping center and she could see him waiting as she pulled up a few minutes before half. She smiled and waved at him as she walked across the parking lot.

Last edited:
Henry waved back, and watched Belinda come closer. She was more attractive than even her photo, but then came the awkward moment of proper social greeting. He gave Belinda a cheery, laced heavily with is southern US accent he had never lost after even thirty year in the UK, "Hello, Belinda, I'm Henry.", while she was just over arms length away. Then came the moment of proper social interaction, a kiss on the cheek, he and his female co-workers still did at social functions when no one from Human Resources or one of the ultra feminist were around, a handshake, which being still a "southern gentleman" Belinda would need to initiate, or nothing. Henry kept a confident smile on his face, but he was a bundle of nerves inside. He had never done anything like this before because with he and Anne, they were crew mates first with her being the aircraft's co-pilot and he the aircraft's crew chief which meant they worked together closely. He watched her eyes for any hint of what she might be comfortable with, so he might respond properly. Then it would be a matter of finding out if they would be compatible for what both had in mind.

"Hello," Belinda said trying not to sound like a school girl on her first date but that was how she felt.
He was larger in real life than she had imagined. Belinda was rather tall herself and he could perhaps not be more than a few inches taller but he war broad shouldered and looked rather compact and heavy but in a good way.
"Very nice to meet you Henry," she added and got stuck on the next step of interaction.

It seemed clear that the man for whatever reason wasn't about to initiate any physical contact, not even a handshake. She smiled to herself thinking that he was perhaps one of those men who had been burned by the sometimes exaggerated rules about physical contact some companies had in place to guard themselves against sexual harassment suits but certainly there was a difference between greeting someone and sexually harassing them. Of course she could on another level fully understand the need for rather strict rules, all things considered.

Not wanting to be the one to initiate such contact, she didn't want to seem clingy or desperate for the touch of a man, whether it was a simple hug, handshake or even a kiss on the cheek for hello, she adjusted the purse she wore over her left shoulder and opened her arms just enough to hint that she would be quite comfortable with a hug.

Henry took the hint, moved a little closer, and gave Belinda a quick peck on the cheek. She had just scored major points with him in handling the situation, In a warm masculine voice laced with drawl as the hug broke, Henry said, "So glad you could meet me today. Costas is right over here.", and pointed to the store walked her to the door and held it open. As they approached the counter, he said, "Bad habit I picked up in the Air Force is I can drink coffee any time of day." He had flown with French and Italian air crews, who told him it was bad form to drink lattes' after 10 in the morning. He had skipped lunch and would likely get a coffee and a scone. As they stood at the counter, Henry was slightly behind Belinda looking her over one more time. He liked what he saw, but as a mature man, he knew her personality and interests were more important for what they told each other they wanted, a companion for social activity without commitment.

Henry watched Belinda as she looked over the board and readied his ears to hear how she ordered. It was amazing how much a person could tell about another from the way they treated store clerks, and airline employees. Henry had a unique job that he like very much. It was titled Logistics Expediter, which meant he searched for misplaced and lost cargos and passenger luggage. Right now Belinda was in his opinion a woman he could spend time with, and he hoped she was feeling the same way.

Quite the gentleman and that southern drawl was kind of sexy, refined and casual at the same time. Belinda walked ahead of him into the café and started looking over the menu on the board. Normally at home and at work she drank her coffee plain and black if at all. In many ways she did prefer tea. This was however not a normal situation and she decided to try something a bit unconventional and thus she ordered a Espresso Romano. She then browsed the selection of baked goods. She hadn't had lunch yet and added a mozzarella and spinach scone to her order.

They sat down at a table for two by the window and suddenly it was as if she had no idea what to talk about. She just sat there picking at her scone, pulling little pieces from it and putting them into her mouth.
"So ... ummm ... do you travel for work?" she eventually asked since he had said he worked at Heathrow but not specified further exactly what he did there.

Henry smiled at Belinda and answered, " I'm a Logistics Expediter, which is a fancy term for me chasing down lost luggage and cargo. I was a load master in the Air Force, so I am good at figuring out how things get lost and where to find them. Well, unless less you consider driving a van on the motorway with lost luggage and packages travel, I really don't. I do go to Atlanta for quick trips about three times a year and usually extend another one for some vacation at home. I used to fly more when my wife was alive, she was a pilot for BA."
Henry watched Belinda's eyes, which he found attractive, when he was done to see if he was boring her. He would sip on his Café au lait before asking in his drawl laced voice, "You said you like taking walks, is that limited to strolls on the footpaths or do you enjoy longer walks out in the country ? " He hoped he had broken the ice now and would get Belinda to talking about herself.

Belinda nodded.
"I used to go on longer treks when I was young, tent and everything," she said and looked up from her scone.
"Wales, Cornwall, Scotland, even the North of Sweden once."
A dreamy veil seemed to pass over her eyes as she mentioned the places where she had gone on longer treks
"Then dad died and someone had to take care of mum."
Her voice had a mixed hint of the sort of English you'd expect from someone with years of studies at either Cambridge or Oxford and a more local, less refined dialect.
"That's why I placed the ad," she said after a brief pause to sip her coffee.
"I don't have mum to worry about anymore. She passed four months ago."

Henry sipped on his coffee as Belinda explained about her mother, and there it was, death. The death of someone close brought them both here today. It was not a topic to dwell on, but Henry knew for him to spend time with anyone, even casually, they had to know about Anne. He tried to plan out in a few moments what he would say, but one can never truly plan what he says about the woman he loved.

Henry would be straight forward and hoped not blunt as he began, "My Anne has been gone almost three years now. She died from ovarian cancer rather quickly. She was a pilot, and pilots hate doctors because they can ground them for the least of things. She took the symptoms as bad eating or menopause. One of her crew finally forced her into a walk in clinic on a trip to the States. She made it back home and saw our GP, it was too late as it often is with ovarian, and she died three months later." Henry paused and, there were tears in his eyes. He took a sip of his coffee with a far away look in his eyes before he finished, "Her old squadron was good enough to let me spread her ashes from the rear ramp of our old plane. God, she loved to be in air."

He may have just blown any chance of anything with Belinda, but he had to say, and she needed to know. He was resolved never to bring Anne up again. Henry took a gulp of his coffee and watched Belinda's eyes. He waited, wondering what she was thinking. If he had just blown any chance of spending time with her, so be it, because he knew he might fail, and he would grow from the failure.

Belinda listened as he told her about his wife. It was a sad tale indeed.
"It sounds like she was the love of your life and no one could ever take her place, nor should anyone try, or you try to replace what she meant to you for that matter."
She smiled at him as if to reassure him that she understood and to more directly tell him that it changed nothing between them she mentioned that there would be a two day Beckett festival in a few weeks.
"It will be a mix of his shorts and his more classical plays. I think it's Happy Days, Endgame, Krapps Last Tape and of course Waiting for Godot. Two each day with the shorts as intermissions."
It was perhaps a bit forward to suggest a two day event as their first outing together but there it was. She had said it and now it was up to him to decide if it was too forward or not.

The suggestion of the Beckett festival told Henry he had not shot himself in the foot, or at least not yet. Henry now had to confess that he was not very familiar with Samuel Beckett and his work, but Henry was open to exploring new things, and especially with Belinda as his guide, and he was willing to do research and read up in the next few weeks to be a good companion,

He smiled and drawled out, " I must confess that I don't read a lot of literature. I read mostly non-fiction, but I rather like the idea of trying something new, especially with an attractive, well-read woman like you. It will do me good. Now when is this festival, I am sometimes scheduled for work on weekends, but have enough seniority to change that." He pulled out his phone and waited for Belinda to tell him the date.

He also had a suggestion for something to do for an outing if the festival was some time off, or later if it were sooner, either way, he had taken a liking to Belinda.

Well read. Well that was at least one thing that was entirely true about Belinda. It was basically a requirement for a librarian, or in her case a librarian's assistant. That difference was one of the tings that most bothered her about her situation. Had dad died even just six months later then she would have had time to finish her education and wouldn't be stuck as a librarian's assistant.

"To each their own. Some almost exclusively read crime novels, others prefer science fiction or fantasy, others still like romance novel's or the classics."
She took out her phone and browsed it for a while.
"Saturday and Sunday, a fortnight from this weekend," she said and looked up at him.
"Should I order tickets for the whole festival."

Henry glanced down at his phone and quickly back up at Belinda, making eye contact with her and answering in a cheery voice, "Looks like I am free that weekend, we will do it." There would be just a pause as the thought about spending the entire weekend with Belinda before in answered in a voice that lost no enthusiasm, "Sure, let's do both days." Henry looked down and made a quick note on his phone and then looking back at Belinda inquired in a slightly sheepish tone, "Where is the festival ? Do I need to get us a couple of rooms?"

While he waited on Belinda's answer, he thought two weeks is plenty of time to read up on and read some of Beckett's works. He began to look at Belinda more carefully and wondering how such a woman, except for the care she had given her mother, had no serious relationship in her life. She had a style which Henry admired. The way she dressed, and now purposing not just an event of a few hours, but one of two days, Henry could not help but be impressed. He only hoped she would be open to the event he had in mind, which was three weeks away. It was a high dollar fund-raiser for a historic society which the airline was a patron for, but no one wished to attend, so Henry was selected with the option of a plus one. He was hoping Belinda would be his plus one for that evening.

"It's at the Almeida in Islington so just a couple of hours both ways. I'm sure we can commute," Belinda said and smiled.
She wasn't sure whether his question of getting a couple of rooms had been a subtle invitation to more than just a weekend festival of Becket or if he had perhaps actually had thought that it would be necessary for them to spend the night.
She looked at him, noticing that he was perhaps checking her out, which there was of course nothing strange about. They had after all met on a dating site. She had checked him out as well. Had he asked her right then and there she would gladly have gone back to his place, or taken him back to her place, and explored his body much more intimately, as it as she suspected that her dildo would have to suffice.

His southerness would show when he said with a smile, "Oh, in town.", and meaning London in General. "Yes, an easy ride in, unless you think we should take a train in ?" Henry put his phone away and pondered while Belinda answered if there might be away to extend this afternoon meeting into the evening. Over dinner, it might be decided that "kissing" on the first date would be nice. God, what a nice body she had.

Henry would be happy if they parted after coffee, knowing there were two days together to come, but he also knew he had to get up to speed on Samuel Barclay Beckett. He watched Belinda's eyes in hopes there might be more.

Taking the train into London and perhaps a bust from the station to Islington would give them a few more hours each way together and Belinda felt that wouldn't be the worst thing. She nodded. Was there a single line that would connect them before London though. She told him this.
"Taking the train together sounds like a lovely idea, especially if we want to have dinner and maybe a glass of wine with it but I think for that one of us would first have to drive to the other."
She paused and looked down at her finished coffee and empty plate. It would of course be a good excuse to linger if she first had to drive to his house and then after the show go to his house to pick up her car. It would be a good excuse to invite herself in for a coffee, or if they'd had dinner and wine perhaps he would even refuse to let her drive back. She caught her bottom lip between her teeth.

She then looked up at the clock on the wall. Time certainly flew by when you were having a good time, and she was having a good time it was already close to four. It didn't feel like it but they had already spent more than an hour together, almost an hour and a half. Being a first date she felt that she should probably excuse herself and go home but she didn't want to do that. She wanted to spend more time with him. Would it be too forward to suggest they turned coffee into dinner, and if he agreed what would they do in the meantime. It was far too early for dinner after all.

Back
Top Bottom