Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

What do you think its a good introduction tl writing?

Meem03

Planetoid
From personal experience I think the best way to get into it is doing some collaborative writing, such as doing roleplays of any kind (either personal, or a group thing like D&D).

What do you guys think its a good introduction for writing?

This is where I normally ask you a question so what is your favourite fandom to write in? I love that you asked a question instead though, very cool! I think my favourite introduction to writing was when a friend told me about their hobby of roleplay (pg13 at the time) and simply asked if I wanted to try. That was my first roleplay experience over on an old website. I don't think there is a better way to be introduced to it than by somebody willing to teach.

Last edited:
En0JhOj.png

Welcome to Blue Moon Traveler
It's been an age since one such yourself has arrived

My name is Staine
You are.... -Meem03-
It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance

Wandering without knowing the rules is unwise

To see you safely through, I have gathered what you should know below
Site RulesChat RulesRequest Thread & Bumping Policy
Status & Profile Rules Customizing your ProfileFAQStaff List

As you can see, for the moment you are -grey-
To become
-blue-, all you need to do is make three posts anywhere but Forum Games and wait a full 24 hours

Perhaps you'd indulge me.. Not many know that wolves are curious creatures you see
This is where I normally ask you a question so what is your favourite fandom to write in? I love that you asked a question instead though, very cool! I think my favourite introduction to writing was when a friend told me about their hobby of roleplay (pg13 at the time) and simply asked if I wanted to try. That was my first roleplay experience over on an old website. I don't think there is a better way to be introduced to it than by somebody willing to teach.

I do wish you will enjoy your time under our moon, may your deepest fantasies come true
Hello, thanks for pointing out my mistake. Question: if I already have 1 introduction post, 1 request post, and this specific post on general discussions. Do they count as 3 posts already?

Wait, what mistake? I don't think you made a mistake at all! Yes, that should count as 3 posts so now you just have to wait the 24 hours since you joined!

Wait, what mistake? I don't think you made a mistake at all! Yes, that should count as 3 posts so now you just have to wait the 24 hours since you joined!
Oh really? Because in my notifications it shows that this specific post was moved to general discussions, thought I posted it somewhere where it didnt fit.

Oh great, so now its time to wait.

Hmm, I have no idea then. I'm not really staff, I assumed it was your intro. No matter, I don't think it's a big deal and you have an intro so it's all good!

I think any introduction to writing is a good one, as long as it really motivates you to write and get better at writing. For me, RP'ing really has been that motivator, but I also know others who've never RP'ed in their life and who write extremely well, so yeah. Or at least I assume they've never RP'd in their life. :)

I think any introduction to writing is a good one, as long as it really motivates you to write and get better at writing. For me, RP'ing really has been that motivator, but I also know others who've never RP'ed in their life and who write extremely well, so yeah. Or at least I assume they've never RP'd in their life. :)

This! I agree, whatever introductory medium works best for you is what it is. People are different, not just in our looks and societies, but in our mindsets as well. Roleplaying might do it for some people, while short stories and the likes do it for others. There's no "fixed" starter-pack for writing to be honest.

For me, it's a mix of roleplaying and working out my moments of creative-bursts into something I can look back on later. Sometimes, it's concepts for characters, other times, it's concepts for settings. I however, must agree that roleplaying is a really convenient way to grow as a writer though. The fact that it's an interactive, fun, relaxed and educative medium too, makes it widely convenient for a fair amount of writers to use it as starter-pack in this current age of ours.

I moved your post here as you already had an Introduction thread. Members only post one thread in Introductions - and this was more of a discussion topic, anyway. :)
Aaah so I accidentally posted in Introductions that's what happened. Ok, thanks for that.

Back
Top Bottom