Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Feudal Wars...or not? (Klein and I)

Fancy_Brat

Pulsar
Throughout Japan, the formation of the two groups, the ninja and the samurai, had been on the rise. With heavy tension between these two groups, fights were common, with people from each side, and even innocents getting harmed due to wars in the villages. for a while now, the groups hadn't taken any recent action. Rumors actually went about that messengers from both group were looking for peaceful endings, but certain members of each group had killed them, with a majority of the other members not knowing. Rumors of war began to rise as well, first as a joke, but thinking of the two groups made the villagers fearful, knowing that the possibility of war breaking out between them was remarkably high. One would have hoped that there was at least one person in these groups that wasn't looking for bloodshed, but meerly for an understanding.

Minami grumbled softly as she waited at her post, crossing her arms over her chest. She was sitting on the ground, resting against a large stone. The young samurai showed great potential in the group, proving to be one of their strongest and wisest fighters, at only 17 years old. She had been placed as alookout however, which didn't really bode well with her. She wanted to do bigger jobs, such as infultrating the enemy side and such. She wasn't that much into the whole war, but she was quite fond of her group, and didn't enjoy others attacking them, so she chose to fight, cutting down whomever chose to oppose her. Her sword lay flat on the ground next to her. Despite how many battles she had gone through, the blade was still quite magnificent, showing almost no signs fo dulling. She pulled the straw hats down on her head, covering her face a bit, actually hoping that she wouldn't have to deal with anyone tonight.

Sylph proving to be one of the best ninjas in his clan,dedicating himself to his craft every morning noon and night. But also he was gifted with a special talent. An abilty to make electricity erupt from his fingertips,Nympo they called it.But he really never used it,since he could rely on his skills. After being briefed on his mission.
''The rumors where scaring even the elders''. He was told to survellence the samurai elders meeting. This was pretty easy but being boring was the thing that irritated.He of course didnt want a war. He thought he would lose too many allies from it and it would leave both groups to bad shape and eventually wiping out both groups. Thats what he foresaw.

Departing from the clan base and into the forest. He skipped through the treetops his destination was the enemy samurai camp. But to his dismay the place was hevily gaurded. He would have to don a descuise before getting spotted. But he was a bit in luck. A lookout sat lone. If he could don his clothes as a discuise this would make this make a lot easier.Jumping down before he spoke,
''Give me your clothes and noone will get hurt'' he replied as he began to draw the two short katana he used as weapons.

Minami was thinking about moving to a different spot because nothing was happening, which rather bugged her, since she was looking for some action perhaps. Anything was better than laying awake all night looking out for nothing. However, she figured that if someone tried to come, it would spark something major between the groups, perhaps even if no violence erupted. There was just no trusting each other.

Minami shifted a bit, feeling the presence of another, someone not from her group. "Finally..." she said, standing quickly as he appeared. "Give you my clothing? I'm sorry. It's gets rather cold at night. I need all I can." she muttered, readying her sword. She was wondering how she would do here. She was confident enough to fight without needing other lookouts for support, but the ranks were getting higher with each assault. "Allow me to remove you from here." Her voice seemed to be that of a young males actually, which seemed to decieve quite a number of people. Since joining, she had been really serious about her status and had been rather emotionless the whole time too.

''Heh id like to see you try'' he said as he drew his weapons.. He readied his glove just in case. The young male as he thought was confident because if he had gotten spotted he would be surrounded but she didnt..
''If you put up a good enought fight i may spare your life'' he said as the small katana sparked with lightning.The wind began to pick up. ''Lets kee it quiet so we arent disturbed''.He did have honor despite being a ninja.He believed in the spirit of dueling. And since he had an edge he decided to limit himself by taking off the nympo gauntlet or at least the power. Instantly he rushed and slashed at her he started slow hoping she would at least block. Even she could tell he was playing with her but at least for now.

Minami readied herself, not letting her stance weaken. She too was hoping for a good quiet battle between them. She didn't even move as she noticed his blades sparking with a bit of lightning. Apparantly there was some techniques involved. She didn't think much of such things and relied more on her skills and knowledge of the terrain. She quickly blocked off the attack, noting how slow he was approaching her. She growled softly as she pushed him back. "If you're going to fight, don't toy with me. If there's anything that bugs me most, it's a person who doesn't fight with all their potential." she grumbled, quickly moving towards him, with intentions of slicing him to pieces. She sent a quick horizontal slash at his waist, ready to pull her sword back in case she had to defend.

''Just testing out..i dont want the match to end too quickly''He smiled.
He had no intentions on killing the boy at all,just a few wounds here and there.Besides if it reeked of blood he was going to drive suspicion. He backed off blocking his blade but barley managing it was quite an unexpected attack,he was quick.But after blocking he managed to execute a counter. Which was a frontflip aboke her and a kick to the head. But just in case sh blocked it he had a few extra tricks under his sleeve. He was good at thinking on his feet and could possibly execute another attack or back off and defend if he had refined his stance to a point

She grumbled softly at his words, finding he was rather confident in his abilities, so she'd just have to give it to him straight. She was trying to push him back more, but he flipped over her, sending at kick at her head. Even though she did her best to move her head, she was grazed slightly, nothing serious. This was always something that prolonged her fights: their agility. She could already tell this person was better than the others she fought, so this battle was sure to take a while. She moved to him again, his back turned to her. She figured that to attack from that position would be difficult, she moved at him quickly, staying rather low and looking to swipe at his knees.

The swipe torn his clothing and sliced his right knee making a small wound and a bit of blood. He seemed younger but managed to surpass older samurai probally because of his discipline and paitence. Men wernt canny to that and that was why women where considered better warriors. He backed off and then rushed at a faster spped hoping to knock her off balance if she decided to brace herself. And when he slashed he brought the wind with him.
''Thing i may have to bend the odds here to speed it up'' sentries where coming. The clash of theyre blades chinging together attracted plenty of attention.''May have to go soon'' the boy said

Minami seemed rather pleased with the fact she had hit, but that was only the start. She was still looking to cut him down for good. She did indeed brace herself for his attac, stepping back a bit to strengthen herfoundation to take the attack. She had blocked off the blades, but the wind had easily taken her hat away in the breeze, revealing her face to him, which was a rather cold and emotionless face. "You won't be going anywhere." she muttered, trying to push him back. She decided to go low once again, going for the other knee, but from the front this time.

The person under the hat had caught him off gaurd. The blue hair had fallen down exposing that the man he was fighting was actually a woman. She seemed quite familiar though. As he had known her from someplace in the past. As his mind wandered from the mission he was cut.
''No she would never attack me'' he talked himsdelf out of the thught and stood using a bit of lightning nympo to numb his wounds up.
'
'Ive ben hit more than i needed to'' he departed just before the sentries came. But as he leeft he dropped a letter,an invite to meet. to possibly finish the duel or just talk. He began to return home. The mission had became a fsailure,even though he was scolded back at base for letting his gaurd down. The girls face had stuchk in his head,she was s familiar presence. He knew her but he just couldnt ut his finger on it.
[[sry for late post]]

Minami paused for a while, noting how he had paused upon knocking off her hat. Of course, she saw this as an attempt to strike at him, catching him before he started to move away. The sentries had come just in time for him to run off, the letter dropping to the ground. She stabbed at it with her sword, lifting it and picking it off the tip of her sword. "What in the world is this?" she mumbled, reading through it. She didn't mind a little battle to finish it off. She was rather unsatisfied with not eliminating him.

The letter itself meerly stated that their place for battle would lie somewhere along the border of the ninja and samurai territories. She would come alone, thinking about tactics he would use. She was hoping that he would keep his honor and come alone as well. Since he had used magic, she had decided to bring along a few charms, meant for small magical damage and defense. She had managed to get someone to watch her post, and she set off around midnight, heading for the border to wait. She ran her hand through her hair gently, feeling a soft breeze in the chilling atmosphere.

Sylph escaped his small dewwlling about midnight.He bandaged up any small wounds he had. He really wanted to speak with her but was probally on her mind was a duel to the finish.So he'd better come equipped for battle..He took plenty of kunai and shuriken.They where a bit odd thogh.IInstead of jet black they where made of copper which was a conductor of electricity.So it was implied that he minipulated electricity into plenty of his attacks.He was still going to hold back because he had some questions that needed to be anwsered bt he was gonna play off seriousness for some time.

Making sure he was properly equipped he escaped from his small house and came to the boarder.No one was going to follow him and he made sue no one did. The cold night gave a wind that chilled his body but not his soul. Seeing her in the distance he spoke.
''Fighting in a demilitari zone isint good so lets make this quick''

Minami grumbled softly as he approached. She had been waiting for quite a while now and had been sitting on the ground to wait for him. "Hmm, that sure was a while. I thought you would have forgotten." she muttered, standing up slowly. She stretched her legs out a bit before going back to her regular stance. "Your challenge is more than accepted however, since you're the first I didn't kill in a first encounter." she said, pulling her blade out and letting it rest at her side. She saw that he had come well-prepared as well, with her thinking he intended to kill her as well. "If you are ready then we shall start right away."

''If you intend to fight i'll fight but i have to speak with you about something...I only came defended because i knew you would do the same'' He replied. He drew hius weapon.''But if you wanna fight then talk i dont mind eather''. He left the descision up to her,he was ready too fight but he was also ready to speak.
''Fighting in a demilitari zone will also increase the rumors about the clans having a war.If we do decide to fight will fight just at the boarder'' He spoke and said.''I've left the descision up to you'' He spoke as he stood up.

Minami raised her brow slightly at his words. "Hmm? Something to speak to me about?" She grumbled softly as she placed a hand on her hip. "I figured you were here to fight, so that's what I intend to do. I'll have nothing else." she said, moving to her fighting stance, blade raised and ready to strike. "Well, leave your questions for until one of us is about to be struck down by the other, but I have no intentions of falling at your hand."

''Okay but i get my anwsers even if i win or lose''. he was serious and since she was so serious about a fight she would hopefully comply. He went to the other side of the de militari zone and got ready once again.
''I hope you are prepared because im really not holding back'' his body crackled with a fierce electrical charge.He hadnt imlemented electricity intio his techs before it would be a good time now.But he started slow as to get the hang of it.He drew to copper kunai charged them and then flung them at her he followed behind ready to give her a powerful slash to the waist

Minami paused for a moment. "Even if you are my enemy, I will keep my end of the bargain to listen to whatever you have to say. However, I want to first see who the better of us really is." She watched him carefully, watching as he pulled out the kunai again, tossing them at her and coming after them. Her eyes narrowed slightly as she jumped back, swinging her sword to knock away the kunai, but his slash at her waist had caused a small cut just below her belly button. However, there was also a small paper charm that had been cut, all part of her plan. She recited a small incantation, the paper flashing for a while before it promptly exploded, knocking them both back. It wasn't meant to harm them, but meerly cause some distance between them. She quickly grabbed another charm, letting her sword pierce it, reciting another incantation before she swung her sword, waves of energy coming towards him. the pair of attacks would feel the pain as if he had been slashed, without actually causing damage to his body.

''Spirit powers eh?...Most samurai cant use them could she really be....?'' His train of thought was interrupted by the small spirit explosion. He hadnt braced himself for it so he was driven back farther And as he opened his eyes two shockwaves where in his face,he managed to disperse one but one cut him cleanly,no cut but it felt like he had ben cut. Right in his chest area he used a bit of lightning energy to numb it up.He drew five kunai and charged them all and threw them in an arc position theyre attraction to the lightning and each other created a giant arc shaped blade

Minami eyed the kunai as she did her best to move back. She went to slash at them again, knocking a few away. The remaining two had pierced her right arm, cutting in rather deep. She did wince slightly, but did hr best to show she wasn't in pain, but of course with the condition of her arm, she couldn't use it as well. She switched her blade to her left hand, which was part of her training in case such a situation occured. In some cases, he rleft arm was her better arm. She decided to go close once agian, coming in rather low before she slashed at him again, tossing another charm between her sword. It was meant to make his body feel heavier, in hopes of slowing him down.

He was too busy blocking the charm to worry about the slash which cut his chest.It was fairly deep. Pain of course surged afterwards but he numbed it up used the power of electricity.. But gave a smirk as he liked it. He drew his kunai and attempted to stab her wrist. When he did so he would surge her with a powerful strike of electricity. That would be enough to do her in at least to push some much needed anwsers out of the girl.This also unknowingly took her mind off the more fataler slashes by numbing them up so it was a way to heal and hard her at the same time.

Minami again looked to continue with her streak of getting her hits in, but she didn't really notice his counter, feeling his kunai deep deep in the back of her wrist. Her grip weakened quite a bit from it, but she still held onto the sword. However, with both her hands in bad condition, it was alreaady looking bad for her, but that wasn't enough. she gave a surprised cry as she felt the electricity moving through her body from it, falling to one knee, using her sword as support. "Tch, I'm not done yet." she grumbled. She tossed another charm in the air, quickly slashing at it to numerous small shreds. They each turned to an intense flame and went at him, looking to burn him to a crisp.

She was about finished and they both knew it.He turned and managed to dodge the full blast but it did burn his arm pretty good. But he still had his other he managed to diassapear behind her but without making a good amount of noise.But he grabbed her hair with his weakened arm and had a kunai to her neck. Giving a light cut to show he would actually end this.''
''Lets finish this so i can get my anwsers'' he spoke.''Oh just a tip dont rely solely on charms.Theyre mostly just destractions keep a knife just in case''

Minami winced slightly as he pulled at her hair, feeling him cut at her throat slightly. She could quite clearly see that she wasn't going to get through with this, but she just didn't want to admit it. She didn't want to go out in such a way. "Ask whatever the hell you want and be done with it. And I don't use them at all. Only for today to hold myself back." she grumbled.

''Okay is your name minami...born in the town of exire the daughter of a priest and seperated from your best friend when the fire burned down.These are the ruins of that small town'' He said as he released his hand from her hair.''What made you so cold?'' he says.''Oh yeah my names sylph by the way''

Minami's eyes widened slightly as he spoke her name, not really expecting anyone from her opponent's side to know her name. "Tch..that is my name." she muttered, not thinking much of it yet, but she was quite relieved that he had removed his grip on her hair. She had no reply for his question on her new attitude, but his last few words seemed to strike her rather hard. "Eh? S-sylph?" It was perhaps at this point that she wasn't exactly too sure what to make of the situation. Her hands were in immense pain and her opponent had given her the name of her long lost friend.

Back
Top Bottom