Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(closed)

Braiddan

Star
Black velvet, embroidered with spots of white, the moonless sky that night could be described as, that night. The at first, unassuming night that will forever change the life of an individual. The one of whom I speak? Jake Evans, a high school student, finishing up his senior year, only two months away from eighteen. In his mind, he was on top of the world. He had a job in his father's mechanic business, which made him enough money to get his wants and his needs. He had the greatest girlfriend, one he dated since his freshman year. But this night would take it all away in one fell swoop.

After a date with his girlfriend, he drove home, after dropping her off of course. For some reason, he began to regret not hanging out for a little while after the date, but he figured it was just guilt. He would make it up to her later. He shut off the ignition to his car, and walked to the front door, that was when he noticed it was beaten in. Someone had broken in, he should of stopped there, but he didn't. He stepped right into the house and shouted. "Mom? Dad?" His right hand groped over to the light switch and flipped it on. That was when he heard it. BANG! The firing of a gun. It seemed everything was in slow motion as he saw the bullet bury into his fathers forehead. The eyes that were wide in fear, became dull and lifeless in an instant. Jake began to breath hard, he froze, until a voice jarred him back to reality. "Kill 'em you moron! We don't need witnesses" Upon hearing this, Jake bolted back out of his house and into his car.

His hands shook for his keys as they were in the ignition. He turned it over, only a short sputtering and then nothing. "What a time for the car to stall! How Cliche!" He thought as his car finally roared to life. At the same time hearing a bullet rip through the fiberglass carapace. He peeled out of the drive way and rushed down the street. The masked men finally halting their pursuit. Once he got to the police station, he recounted the whole story. But to no avail the men could not be found. That left only one choice witness protection. Before five am the next morning, Jake was at the other end of the country, and by the time everyone had lunch at school, they head heard Jake was murdered.

Re: (Braiddan)The Truth Can Kill([LunarDysis])

Aislyns eyes peered up as she sat at her regular table with her friends. She was confused and worried. Where was Jake? He wasn't at school, he didn't call and let her know what was wrong. A loud screech was heard as the Over-com turned on and their principal began to speak. "Attention Stuff and Students. We have horrible news about one of our students. Jake Evans, along with his parents. Were brutally murdered last night in their home." Every noise was muffled and her eyes sight became blurry as she stood up. Seeming that she was the one screaming and crying on the floor as her friends hugged her..

Ten years ago.. Aislyn Johnsons life was ruined. The love of her life had been murdered and she would never forget and never forgive the men who did it. She was a older now at age twenty-seven, tall at 5'7'' with dark brown hair and the same sad blue eyes she had ten years ago. She wore a white tank top with a pair of blue jeans and black boots. Today was her day off from work and she headed out to a nearby restaurant, meeting up with a few friends before they would head out to the mall.

Aislyn felt like any man she saw she couldn't let into her heart. Her heart was broken and there was now way it could ever be mended. She sighed softly and stepped out of her house as she got into her black f-350 truck and pulled out as she drove into town.

That vile night still plagued the mind of Jake, or should we say Nathan. Nathan, the new name that he was given, along with a new home. He managed not to slip up for ten years, but they still haven't caught the men who have done the vile deed. But he guessed this was as much as a normal life as he could have. Sure, he couldn't have much ambitions wise , seeing as he had to avoid every type of media. So he was stuck working at a clothing outlet store that the government assigned to him. It was decent pay at least, and seeing as it was part of the mall, he had a lot of variety for lunch.

Nathan had grown only an inch taller over those ten years to a height of 6'3. Nothing much else has changed, he almost looked exactly like he did that night ten years ago. His dark hair short, his eyes still the same hazel color. The only thing that seemed to change was his birth certificate.

At work he looked over all the inventory before he went back to the register and began his mundane day of work. Being promoted to assistant manager least week, he now had to stay at the store until closing of the mall.

Lunch had finished and she smiled as herself and her two friends had left the restaurant. Heading out to the mall. She was there to shop and get some new clothes, her friends were there to shop as well, but look for some men. Upon reaching the mall she stepped out and ran up to them as she pulled her light brown jacket on as she fixed her knee high boots and she smiled. Stepping into the mall she could hear them talking. "Oooh, like at that one.. Mmm Mm..." Aislyn laughed softly and shook her head. She glanced up and sighed as she saw a clothing store that wasn't busy.

She quickly moved towards it as they asked where she was going. ""Hey, I'm going in here for some clothes. Um.. I'll call you when I'm done." She said and smiled as they nodded, "Alright. You have fun with your clothes. We're gonna find some men. And maybe the right one for you." They called out and walked past the store. Aislyn sighed and shook her head, they knew about her old boyfriend and what happened. She brushed her hair to the side as she saw a young man up at the register and she smiled.

Glancing down she began to fumble through the racks of clothes and she cocked her head to the side. Aislyn hadn't changed too much since the day she found out that Jake was killed. She looked like she did when she was in high school, she hadn't grown any higher. She found a couple pair of pants and she glanced up before she moved to the register, "Hi.. Um. Do you have any changing rooms?" She asked and smiled.

Nathan nodded to Aislyn and stepped out from behind his desk. "Right this way..." His sentence suddenly stopped as he got a good look at her. AISLYN!? He wanted to scream the name out but kept it contained. Even if it was her, what would he tell her. ' Hey Aislyn, it's me Jake. I'm not dead!' No, even if she did believe him, there would be the million questions. Questions that he was not allowed to answer. "Mam." He finally said after a long delay.

Nathan lead her over to the changing rooms in the very back of the store. It was a simple dressing room, a cubicle with a bench and a mirror, and a small door for privacy. Right now he wanted to push her into that dressing room, where there were no cameras and tell her everything. For ten years, her image stayed picture perfect in his head, and just in case he forgot what she looked like, he sneaked a picture of her past the authorities. It was in his wallet that he had always kept with him. "Is there anything else, Ai-mam?"He asked finally almost slipping out her name, a name that was like silk when it left his lips.

She looked up to him and she stopped as she saw his face and she sighed. He looked exactly like Jake and she shook her head slowly. "Thanks." She said and smiled softly to him. "Um, no. Just going to try these on and that should be it." she said and smiled as she closed the door and she looked into the mirror. She leaned against the wall and she glanced down as it hit her. A few tears streamed down her face. She just had to see someone who looked exactly like him and she breathed in as she sniffled softly. She got changed and tried on the different pants and shirts. Though soon she got changed into her old clothes and stepped out. She smiled, "I think these will be it." She said and moved over to the register.

She set the clothes down onto the counter and she grabbed for her wallet from her pocket and she opened it up as she waited for the total. She smiled softly to him before she turned to see her friends walk in with three guys and she sighed. "Ahhh, girl. See we told you we'd get you a man." Her friend Jessica grinned and pushed one towards hers and she sighed. "Ah.. I'm going to have to pass." She said and smiled and Jess sighed. "Oh come on. Is this still about Jake?" Jessica asked and cocked her brow.

"In a matter of fact it is, Jess. He was the love of my life who was brutally murdered. He was shot in the back of his head. Just like his parents!" She snapped and sighed as she touched her head. "I know it was Ten years ago. But Come on.." She said and sighed as she turned around. "Alright.." Jess said. She glanced up, hearing them leave and she gave a small smile as a few tears streamed down her face and she smiled. "I'm so sorry you had to hear that." She laughed softly and sighed, 'How much?" She asked.

Nathan began to feel weak, his vision blurring , his mouth drying. Suddenly the images of that dreadful night shot through his head, much like the bullets through his parent's skulls. It was Aislyn! But he couldn't say a thing to console her. He would love to tell her everything, pull her close to him and lay a kiss on her that would make make up for those ten years apart. "J-Jason, ring this up for me. I need a drink" His voice was crackly, and dry.

Nathan walked briskly out of the store and to the food court. He found himself at the McDonald's ordering a large water. He couldn't believe she was here, in town. And he couldn't do a thing about it, for fear of being relocated and being separated from her once again. He drank half the water in one gulp, and didn't even realize it. He had to talk to her.

The young man Jason, who was watching the inventory to make sure nothing was missing rang up the clothes. "That will be $31.95, mam"

She watched the man before her suddenly move and leave the store and she turned back. She watched as another man stepped out and she smiled as she nodded and gave him the exact amount of money. She waited as he put the clothes and the receipt into the bag and handed it out to her. "Thanks." She said with a smile. She wiped her face clean of her tears and she looked down as she felt her phone vibrate and she opened it up to see a text from Jess. 'Hey sorry about earlier. But we're leaving with the two guys. We'll see you later.' Aislyn shut her phone and groaned as she sighed and moved out of the store and to the small area of benches. Her friend was such a bitch to her. She was pissed because she rejected a random man that she didn't know.

She knew Jess was trying to help. But she didn't understand how hurt she was. Still, about what happened to Jake. She ran her hand through her hair and she stood up from the bench as she moved from it and slowly began to walk towards the Food Court. Maybe she could grab a bite to eat and then head out and head back home. Maybe she shouldn't have hung out with them and she wouldn't be pissed with them.

She stepped into the food court and looked towards McDonalds where she saw the man who was in the clothes store. She glanced down before she moved past it and to the chinese area. She sighed and smiled as she saw that they had her most favorite dish there. "Hi, I'll have the Beef Fried Noodles." She said and smiled softly as she got a cup as well for a drink.

Nathan finished his water and threw the contents into the trash bin nearby. Yet again, he saw Aislyn, getting some chinese food, he had to break the ice some how. He wanted to be at least friends with her. Nathan sighed as he finally got to his feet and walked over to the place she was ordering. After she placed her order, he cleared his throat and said. " Sorry about my rudeness earlier, mam. It's just what you told your friends brought back some bad memories. The same thing happened to my parents"

He said, trying to be as subtle about it as possible, to avoid putting himself anywhere in the situation. Of course, after he said it, he felt that it was a bad way to break the ice.

She sighed and stood at the counter as she waited for her food to come out and soon it was done. She smiled and thanked them before she turned and she breathed in sharply as she saw the man standing in front of her. "No, no.." She shook her head and rested her hand on his arm. "Don't apologize." She said and smiled softly before her smiled faded and she sighed. "Oh.. I'm so sorry." She said and she shook her head. She didn't know why, but she felt like she knew it. It could be that he looked like Jake. But he was... nice. Unlike the other men that she knew.

She moved and set her tray down onto an empty two seat table and she shook her head. "Oh, I feel horrible. I'm so sorry." She said and shook her head. She nodded her head slowly and she sighed, "The love of my life, Jake.." She said and she smiled. "You actually remind me of him.." She laughed and sighed as her eyes watered up a bit and she swallowed. "I remember his exact words only hours before he died that night.." She sighed. "He said he loved me. That we'd be together forever." She smiled and sighed. "I know it's usual for guys to propose. But on the night we were going to Graduate. I was going to ask him to Marry me." She said with a nod and smile.

"I'm so sorry about your parents." She shook her head. "I'm sorry. I'm spilling out everything to you. And I don't even know your name." She smiled, "I'm Aislyn.." She said and held her hand out.

Nathan nodded at her response, holding back the now very powerful urge to spill out everything himself. "It's alright, I know what you are going through. It's hard." Nathan still felt a pang of guilt as she recited his last words to her that night. He felt as if he made an empty promise to her, even though the reasons were out of his control. "Well , I am sure Jake planned the same thing. He sounded like a great guy. I bet if god gave him one day back on earth, he would try to make up for those years gone"

He took his hand in her's shaking her hand in a firm, yet gentle grip. Oh to touch just her hand again was amazing. "Ja-Nathan" He said, stopping himself. He didn't want to do it to her again. She may not have the same feelings for his Nathan persona, but he just didn't want to leave her again. "Hey, after I get off work, you want to go for a coffee or something? Not a date, just a chance to talk, about more delightful subjects"

Her mouth opened and she smiled, "I wish he was back..I miss him." She nodded and she gave a soft smile. She opened her mouth and she bit her lip before she nodded her head. "Actually, I'd really like that." She said with a soft smile and she looked up to him. "What time do you get off work?" She asked and glanced around as she covered her plastic plate that she was given with her food on it. "Would you like me to meet you over here?" She asked and she gave a soft smile. Actually smiling for once and she looked over to him.

"Well, we close at six, but I've got to count the registers and stuff. So how about seven?"He said with a smile releasing her hand finally. He held back a mental YES! He had to play this as Nathan, not Jake. Nathan just a friend, of course that thought caused a mental sigh within him. "Yeah, that would be great. So food court?" He said finally, making sure they had the same meeting place in mind. Of course, he wasn't going to take her for coffee in the mall, it seemed rather lazy. "Well, I'd hate to rush off again. Jason is new to the register, so I should be watching him right now. See you at seven" He stated as he went back to his post at work

"Sure, seven. And yeah, here." She nodded her head and she smiled softly towards him and she sighed softly. She was slowly getting her life back together, meeting and actually making plans to hang out with a man. A man she just barely met, but it felt right. She watched him rush off and she sighed softly as she smiled. She grabbed her food and placed her tray away before she left to her truck where she headed back home. Once reaching it, she at her food before leaving to hop into the shower. She knew they were gong to get coffee but she wanted to look nice. She stepped out and pulled down a skirt and a nice shirt.

Her skirt was similar to one she wore to school, though it was the same color but it was a bit longer. Pulling her clothes on, she got herself ready before she looked at the clock as it was now 6:30 and she sighed. She stepped out and made her way to her car as it was about a twenty minute drive to the mall.

The work night was long as he anticipated the time with Aislyn. He had been waiting ten years for this, but thought for a while that it would never happen. Finally, closing time came around and he blazed through the closing process, saving the longest task for last. Counting the register was something he could not rush, he had to get it exactly right or it would cost him his job. Luckily the time Jason was working the register without him watching, he was only a dollar short. He took a dollar out of his pocket and placed it in the register.

Once he was done, he went to the dressing room and took his bag with his regular day clothes. Which weren't much different than his uniform, because he took advantage of the employee discount. Once he got dressed into a blue button up shirt, khaki pants and black shoes. He stepped out and walked to the food court.

She grabbed her purse and she stepped out of her truck and she moved as she stepped into the mall. She glanced around before slowly walking past his shop and seeing that Nathan wasn't inside as it was closed. She glanced around before she slowly reached the food court and she stopped as she glanced around. Was he there? She sighed softly and bit her bottom lip before she caught sight of him and a small smile grew upon her lips and she slowly made her way over towards him and she touched his shoulder. "Hey." She said and she smiled brightly and she rested her hands together in front of her stomach.

"Hey" Nathan replied with a smile, she looked great, he just had to comment. "Well, you didn't have to dress up for me" Of course, he mentally bit his tongue. He always said that when he picked her up for a date. He hoped he didn't possibly give anything away or bring back any bad memories. He rose to his feet and picked up his bag of work clothes, before he approached her. "So, going in the same car or no?" He asked, sure he'd like the privacy of sitting next to her in the car, maybe even enough to tell his secret.

She smiled and her mouth opened before she bit her lip and she smiled. Remember Jake saying that to her on their dates and she smiled. "Oh, I know. I just wanted to look nice for you." She said and she smiled as she nodded her head slowly and she bit her lip. Which is what she use to tell Jake, that she loved him so much and she wanted to look good for him. She nodded her head slowly, "Yeah. We can go in my truck." She said with a nod and a smile as she turned on her heel and began to slowly walk out of the food court with him.

"Sure, I just need to put my clothes in my car"He said walking out of the mall with her, he couldn't help but smile broadly at her reply. It was just like old times, he was under a different name of course. There they were, to her knowledge she did not know him, but they were chumming up like they knew each other all their life. Once out onto the parking lot, he quickly went into his car, throwing the bag of clothes in. Luckily with being an employee, he got a spot near the entrance. So he was able to join Aislyn once more for the walk to the car.

"So have you been in town long?"

She smiled over to him and her head cocked to the side. "Well, I've actually lived here for about a year now." She nodded and she smiled. "I graduated from college a couple of years ago now I have my own place opened. If you knew Jake, you would know how much I love working with kids." She said with a smile and crawled into her truck as she started it up. "Well, I am a first grade teacher here. At the Red Rock Elementary school." She nodded her head and she smiled softly. "After I received my Associates I moved out and I came to here as I was immediately given a job." She nodded her head and pulled out of the parking lot.

Nathan nodded and smiled as she told him her job. He knew of her love for children, he heard about her desire to be a teacher for a long time. He was glad to hear she finally got the job she wanted for a long time. As they pulled out of the parking lot, the weight of his secret seemed to finally be too much.With a sigh he reached into his pocket for his wallet, pulling out the picture. It was a picture of him and Aislyn, one of those pictures from a one minute photo booth. It was the not goofing off picture, He was holding Aislyn in his arms. Both had smiled plastered on their face that seemed to say they would be together forever. "Listen I am tired of lying to you. I am not dead" He said finally once they reached a stoplight. He handed the photo to her.

She smiled and pulled up to the stoplight and she sighed as she watched the cars drive by and she cocked her head. "I know you're not dead." She laughed softly and smiled before she watched him hand over a picture. Her smile faded and she looked to him before she held the picture in her hand and her eyes widened. She glanced over to him and then back at the picture before quickly back to him. "No.." She said and shook her head. "No.. You're dead.." She said and gasped in deeply as she saw the picture of them two as tears streamed down her face and she shook her head wildly. She gasped as the car behind her honked and she pulled out into the intersection before she turned into a nearby parking lot.

She pulled the truck into park and she looked to him, "He's dead...You're dead..." She said and covered her mouth. "You.. you were shot in the head." She said and gasped in deeply, trying to catch her breath as she turned off the truck and got out of it quickly. Her hands moved and covered her face and she moved around the truck. "I'll open the door and you're...gone." She said and opened the door as she saw him. "Jake...?" She asked and cried out. "I've missed you so much!"

Nathan cringed slightly at her reaction, maybe it was a little too soon. No, waiting longer might of made it worse. When Aislyn opened the door on his side, he slipped out of the truck. Once his feet were on the ground he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close to him. "Yeah, I missed you too." He whispered into her ear. He figured he might as well clear some things up. "Listen, tell no one. If the law finds out that I have told some one this, they will move me again and give me a new name. I can't do it again. I didn't know what was worse, seeing my parents die or leaving you. I had to watch them make a wax model of me to stuff inside a coffin for my fake funeral. Every night I longed for your touch, to kiss you once again. I want to make up for every second of those ten years."

She couldn't help but react that way, it was the only way she could react after finding out that her boyfriend wasn't dead. Tears streaming down her face as her face pressed into the crick of his neck. "I won't tell.." She whispered and she pulled back slowly and she shook her head. She understood, she wanted to kill those men that had tried to kill him. Her hands touched his face and she breathed in deeply as the tears continued to run and she pressed her lips against his. Kissing him like she was going to lose him again and she sighed. "We're going to make up for those ten years." She said and nodded her head slowly.

Nathan returned her kiss, returning the same passion,the same desperation, as if it were his last. He let Aislyn's hands explore his features, to let her know that he was real. He loved the feel of her soft hands gracing his skin, gently he nuzzled his nose against her neck. "You know, I have had many plans of what we would do if we ever met up again. But now that it actually is happening, my mind is a blank" He said with a light chuckle. His hand crept up and wiped her tears away, kissing each cheek as well. "I still love you as I did back then"

Back
Top Bottom