Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Rouge's Duet (Reaver and Crystal)

The older male was by his side quicker then lightning it seemed. Cautiously he raised the other's head and rested them on his crossed legs. Clever fingers rubbed soothing circles above his temples and a low pitch rumbling sound could be heard. To the untrained ear it would seem like Kaleb was purring softly trying to relax the tense teen. To anyone else it was something one's mate would used to calm down an upset lover. Apparently there were some feline genes buried deep in his blood. It might be an explanation as to why his finger nails were so sharp.

Selo was fighting his inner beast that much was obvious, he'd seen it before once with a long forgotten lover. Not that he thought of him like that, he was just falling back into the habit of calming another down. Nearby Dante whimpered in his sleep and amber brown eyes turned towards him. Apparently the youngest of the three suffered from nightmares of his own. They all had at one point, it was such a shame he'd been designed to be a pet, and the neko would've been an amazing fighter.

Kaleb had low doses of several animal genomes in him a bit of bat, some jaguar, snake, a touch of falcon which explained his heightened senses and oddly colored eyes. It wasn't enough to really do much harm, however the doses were too low to make a proper highbred with animal features. Therefore he served no purpose outside of a reference for them when the created others. How much falcon to avoid wings but give him the eyesight? How much bat to avoid pointed ears but gives him the hearing and sound skills? He was the prototype for stealth soldiers more then anything else.​

Selo continued to have nightmares of him and 'himself' through out the entire night, but never woke up in the middle of any of it surprisingly. As the sun started to rise the next morning, Selo would slowly wake up, looking up to see Kaleb fast asleep, still sitting. Selo sat up, seeing he had his head in the other male's lap and chuckled. Must have been trying to calm me when I slept...or make me comfortable...but why? Selo thought and then stood up, stretching out and yawning as he did.

He looked over at Dante, who was sitting and looking blankly into space. "Aye, kid. What's your name?" Selo asked, and Dante shook his head to look at him. "D-Dante...sir." The kid said. "Ah, call me Selo. I ain't no sir to you." Selo said with a soft smirk. "You know how to fight any?" He asked. "N-No..." Dante said, slightly nervous. "Well, come on. I'll show you how to at least make the person back away." Selo said, walking to the cave entrance.

Not long after that, Selo started to show Dante how to block attacks, and perceive another person's motives. Dante may not be able to fight full out still, but at least this way Selo and Kaleb wouldn't have to worry about Dante every second of the fight now. "Alright, hold your feet like this. Don't have them straight, bend the knees a bit. This would make it harder to try and break them. And you can also move them faster, as they are already bent in a movement position." Selo was explaining. Around this time, Kaleb might have been waking up or so.

Back
Top Bottom