Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

[Does This Count as Extra Credit?][~][Tori & Monster]

He smiled at her.
"So long as I've made you smile." he said, wiping away the last of the tears. "For a long time, I didn't have any firends either." he said gently, petting her soft hair. "All I had was... my guitar. And... I want to give you something I never had. I want to make you smile." he finished. "Now. The test is really very simple, it's all multiple choice." he said. "You have as long as you want. Don't stress over right or wrong." he smiled. "And if you have any questions, any at all... let me know."

He rose, walking over to his desk and sitting down.

Natalie fidgeted after she'd sat down in the chair. She felt happy inside, but nervous too--perhaps they'd identified the cause of her grades, but what if they hadn't? What if she really was just a dumbass? His idea had given her a bit of hope; if she really was dyslexic, it meant she wasn't as stupid as her father thought she was. But if she wasn't... A sigh escaped her lips and she continued to fidget, tugging on the hem of her vest, obviously nervous.

"Multiple choice is good." She informed him, still fidgeting. "Is it written, or oral?" She asked, suddenly coming to attention, her head jerking upward. If it was written she was going to do poorly. She barely knew how to read, it took her forever t get through a book. "I-I don't have a pencil or anything... I left my backpack in my locker.." It was a last-ditch effort to get out of this, maybe, though she wasn't sure why she was so scared.

Maybe she just didn't want to look stupid in front of him...

He smiled, rising. "Here." he handed her the awnser sheet and a pencil. "You have to read the questions yourself, it's paret of the assessment. Like I said, don't worry about looking stupid or trying to get the diagnosis." he nodded. "I'm not going to time you, so take as long as you like." he said, handing her the testing booklet. "If you have any questions, feel free to ask."

"I think you'll do just fine. If you're having too much trouble or it runs on too long, hand it in and I'll continue tommorrow." he sat down at his desk, clapping his hands twice.
"You may begin." he said simply, his eyes meeting hers.

When he gave her the answer sheet and test packet, her head spun. There were at least a hundred questions to answer. Her hands started to shake as she opened the book, setting it on the desk in front of her. Almost instinctively, she began to chew on the eraser, trying to decipher the questions on her paper. 'Tahw si het topacil fo xeTsa?' She winced the first time, then promptly tried to read it again, with similar results. In reality, it said 'What is the capital of Texas?' She had similar trouble with the answers.

Slowly, she made her way through the packet. Some of the questions were easy; things with numbers were extremely easy for her to figure out. But the rest of them gave her a lot of trouble. It took her at least two and a half hours to get through the packet, and some she hadn't even be able to answer. When at last she had finished, she set the packet and the answers on his desk, trying to calm her breathing.

"I'm done." She managed, shaking a little, looking flustered. Then she looked up at the clock and jumped clear out of her skin. "Oh, god... I'm so late... dad's going to kill me..." She almost started crying. There was no way she could go home now.

He watched her work, smiling as she concentrated. She was so adorable when she concentrated like that, staring at the paper. He knew she was probably going to 'fail'. But, it wasn't the score, it was the pattern. He wanted to be sure of her disability before he started. As for her home situation, he could start in on that right away.
"Would you like to stay the night with me, then?" he asked gently. "I have a spare bedroom, and I'll even cook for you, if you'd like." he said with a smile.

"I'll leave the test for Mr. Dalka to pick up in the morning." he went on. "If you're positive, the classes will be after-hours sessions with myself and possibly another student. simple reading a writing, learning to work around it, stuff like that." he said, standing up and putting on his jacket, stuffing things into a bag.

He hugged her again. "Don't worry." he said softly. If he tries to hurt you anymore, just tell me."

When he asked her if she wanted to stay the night with him, her heart nearly beat its way out of her chest. He wanted her to sleep in his house? Really? She swallowed hard and looked up at him through her eyelashes. "Yes, please." She managed, voice barely above a whisper. She fidgeted with the hem of her vest again as she watched him prepare for the ride home. She remembered her backpack was still in her locker.

"A-ah... I have to go get my--" She stopped talking when he hugged her and simply wrapped her arms tightly around his waist. He was so warm... She never wanted to leave his arms. But after a few minutes, she did pull back, managing a shy little smile up at him. "I'm going to get my backpack." She informed him softly, stepping towards the door. "I'll meet you in the parking lot." After saying that, she ran out the door and down the hall.

The bruise on her cheek was now the farthest thing from her mind. She skidded to a stop outside the bathroom and rushed in to check her makeup before she continued on her way to her locker.

He smiled and finished sorting some things out, watching her run off with a smile on his face. After directing a lost freshman to an after-hours activity in the portable classrooms, he made his way put to his vehicle, stopping an argument from getting violent before he got to his bike and set his bag in the sidecar and fastened his helmet. He stretched with a gentle yawn, his thoughts wandering to dinner.

I'll need portions for two... something savoury... a steak? Hamburgers? Hmmmm... He rummaged through his cookbook, also kept in the sidecar, stroking his chin. What to doooo?

Flashes of fantasy whizzed through his mind like windstorms, carrying erotic images. Her in his class... on his lap, on a desk... wearing... just... the... hat.
He could hear her coming now, so he set the book back and smiled at her, waving.

Natalie jammed all the necessary books into her backpack, then zipped it up, slinging it over one shoulder. She adjusted her hat and pushed some bangs out of her eyes, fidgeting with her clothes a little bit. Then she went bounding down the hall again. She could hardly wait to get back on his bike with him. It was such an amazing feeling, just to be close to him.

When she came barreling out of the school, she nearly tripped on her over-sized shoes. She blushed and straightened herself, smiling at him as she continued running. When she got closer she tripped again, landing forward against his chest. She squeaked and blushed, clutching his shirt, trying to steady herself before she tried to stand. As she did so, she looked up into his eyes and, for a moment, thought she might kiss him, or he might kiss her.

But she didn't, and he didn't, and then she carefully stood up again. "S-sorry about that." She managed, and smiled at him shyly, finally moving her hand from his arms. She adjusted her hat, then carefully flattened it against her head, taking the helmet she'd worn yesterday out of his sidecar.

"I-it's fine." he said, getting onto the car, smiling to himself. "You're adorable, you know that? Adorable, and beautiful." he didn't bother with the handles for her this time. Maybe he was trying to make the romance happen? Meh, he didn't give two shits about the rules anymore. If he fell in love with a student, he fell in love with a student. Big deal.

But it was a big deal, wasn't it? The media had little sympathy for male teachers and female students, casting them as pedophiles, acting as if the student was brutally raped no matter how things truly were. It would be incredibly dangerous to fall in love with a girl like her. He could lose his career, his home, his whole life.

But a romance would make her so happy. She would smile, laugh. She would, for a while, forget about her father. And then she would be able to work harder at school...
He knew he was endangering everything he had worked for, but it was worth it.

Natalie waited for him to get situated on his bike, then climbed on after him. Carefully, she wrapped her arms around his waist, leaning her head against his shoulder blade. Ah, the warmth... Still so wonderful. She carefully dropped her backpack into the sidecar, then replaced her arms around his waist, her fingers gently clutching his shirt. She wanted to be close to him forever. He was intoxicating. In such a short period, she had fallen for him, hard.

"Where do you live?" She asked quietly, almost sleepily. It was like being wrapped up in someone who cared about her made her fall asleep. It made her so happy--she'd never been as happy as she was at that particular moment, even if all they would ever be was friends. She was perfectly happy to have a friend like him.

He smiled impishly.
"You'll see." he said, setting off. He loved the closeness of her body, the gentle warmth, her hands on his belly. The way she held him, the way she acted, he was sure if he continued as things were there would be... Well, things would get interesting, to say the least.

Did he want that? He wasn't sure. Sure, it would be exciting, and sure, she would be happy, but maybe she would be fine if they remained close friends. Was he being selfish by trying to chase such a thing?
Maybe, maybe not.
Argh, if only she would make the decision for him!

Natalie was perfectly comfortable as they drove along the rode. She was so happy to be next to him. As they drove she almost dozed off, though she kept herself awake so she didn't go falling off his bike. She hoped sometime she would be able to sit in front of him, his arms wrapped around her, just to feel his warmth like that. When he came to a slow stop, she opened her eyes, looking around to see where they were. Her heart sunk when she figured it out.

Ohm'god... They were at her dream house. The one he'd dropped her off at yesterday. Her mind went through all the possibilities. Maybe he thought she needed some stuff? But he knew she couldn't go home and see her dad, so... Ohm'godohm'godohm'god... Her heart beat furiously and her face turned bright pink as she looked up at the building.

"Y-you live here, huh?" She asked, obviously nervous and embarrassed and confused. More than anything she hoped he wouldn't say anything. Obviously he knew she didn't live there, and had from the beginning... ARGH! She blushed and carefully unbuckled her helmet, looking at the ground.

He kicked down the stand.
"Yea." he said. "It is a touch upscale for a teacher, but I inherited it." he said with a smile as he dismounted. "And don;t worry. I understand why you did what you did. It's fine." he offered his hand to help her off the bike. "Really, it's fine. Did anyone tell you you're adorable when you blush?" he asked.

Should I? Shouldn't I? Arrrrghh! his mind was doing flips and somersaults trying to puzzle out what he should do, he'd be damned if his hair wasn't silver by the end of the week.
And then his dog rushed from his backyard and tackled him in the back, sending him flying forth. towards her.
The dog in question was a huge Great Dane, black and very friendly. His name was Oedipus, a sly reference to the much more common dog name, Rex.

When he told her that he knew why she'd done it, her face grew ever redder. He had followed her home that night. She knew she'd heard someone fallowing her... She pulled the brim of her hat down over her eyes and carefully took his hand, her own damp with sweat from nervousness. She carefully climbed off the bike, not wanting to trip, and pulled her backpack out of the sidecar. Once it was securely fastened around her arms, she turned just in time to see a dog barreling towards them. It hit Mr. Blank in the back at full-speed, sending him flying forward into her.

Natalie was surprised when his lips brushed against hers. She was embarrassed when his shoulder hit her and sent them both flying backward into the sidecar. But she was beyond mortified when he landed on top of her, face directly between her breasts. A whimper escaped her lips, partly due to his position, and partly due to the cookbook making a horrible first impression upon her spine.

"Oww..." She managed, quietly, trying to sit up. It was no use; his body was too heavy for her to lift, and she thought she might've twisted an ankle on the way down. "M-Mr. Blank..." She managed, softly, voice a little squeakish.

The dog whined and walked over to her, sniffing her face. Mr. Blank sat up and got off of her. "I'm so sorry. He's very affectionate... I thought I'd put him inside." Oedipus barked and licked her hand as he helped her up. the dog was as tall as her belly. "Here..." he lead her inside, supporting the ankle when he noticed the limp, and gently sat her down on the couch. He came back with some ice and a towel, gently removing her shoe and sock and placing the ice on her ankle. Then he elevated it.

"One of my foster families had a boy who.... who was involved in a gang." he confessed. "He would come home hurt... sometimes knife cuts, sometimes broken bones... Once, a bullet..." he sighed. "I learned how to do first aid pretty well, since he never wanted to go to a hospital." He rose once the ice was in place, gently caressing her face. "If you need anything, call for me. I'll be in the kitchen."

The dog leapt up beside her on the couch and curled up beside her. The house was sparsely-decorated, some old recors here or there, a few old pictures with various families... but not much else. An old, beaten guitar sat in the corner, repaired with different kinds of tape. It was well loved. The carpet was shag, a gentle blueish gray.

Natalie let him help her to the couch, and even let him remove her footwear. She was still a brilliant shade of magenta, as no one had ever touched her breasts before her teacher kissed her, then faceplanted into them, but she was smiling. Small, cute smile, but a smile nonetheless. When he touched her cheek, she leaned her face against his hand, closing her eyes. She wanted him to know that she loved his affection.

When the dog curled up beside her, she immediately reached over and scratched him behind his ears and his neck, even on the underside of his belly, where she could reach. She watched her teacher leave and then smiled to herself, and to the Great Dane who had his head in her lap. Mr. Blank was such a kind man. He made her feel like someone cared about her, even though they'd only been spending a lot of time together recently.

As she sat there with the big puppy, she looked around the room. He had a man's taste in decorating, for sure. And then she saw the guitar. It was old, but it was a good one. She looked to see if he was anywhere near and then carefully stood up, hopping over to the corner on her good foot. Once there she lifted the instrument and held it delicately in her arms, using the wall for support as she sunk to the floor. Skilled fingers played over the strings, strumming out a soft tune, though it was nothing recognizable.

After a few moments, she started to play a song. "The Scientist" by Coldplay. As the tune got going, she started to sing. Her voice was quiet, like she was hiding it, but she was singing, and she was actually doing fairly well.

He smiled, recognizing the song. He was making simple cheeseburgers with chips and coleslaw, humming along with her. It felt so very good when he had company over, and it was rare. Only really Billy visited him, and even then it was somewhat rare. He was most lonely during the holidays, when he would erect a christmas tree for no reason than to have others see it in the window. And Valentine's day... Sure, he got chocolates enough to get him denture-reliant, but he never managed to eat them all and none of the girls loved him.

Which brought him to the subject of Natalie. She was wonderful, kind, sweet, beatiful... soft... warm... and she was someone he could really help! was this what they called destiny? Love? Did he love her? Or was it just lust? As he served the food, he decided. It wasn't lust. He could have had her just now...

"You have a beautiful voice." he said softly, gently stopping her hand after he set the food down. "Here, eat." he sat on her other side, smiling.

Natalie had lost herself inside the guitar and her quiet song. She didn't seem to hear him come in. Oedipus had come to sit by her again, so she leaned against him, quietly playing her tune for her one-animal audience. And then she heard Mr. Blank, finally, at her side, and jumped clean out of her skin.

"A-ah!" She nearly dropped the guitar with how surprised she was. She managed to catch it, though, and then clutched it to her chest as if it was a life preserver, blushing heavily. "D-d-don't sneak up on me!" She commanded, shooting her English teacher a half-angry, half-embarrassed look. His warm face dissolved it into blushing, though, and she looked at her feet. At least her ankle didn't look too puffy.

Carefully, she set down the guitar, then scooched her way to the table. She sat on the floor with Oedipus at her side (he seemed to have taken a liking to her) and looked over the food. It had been ages since anyone had cooked for her. "Ah..." She smiled and ate a chip, looking almost foreign to the idea f having a whole meal. "Thank you..."

He smiled at her, lovingly petting her hair then going to eating. "At least now you have an actual excuse." he said with a grin, nodding at the ankle. "I might even keep you from school if the pain persists." he ate quickly, almost ihaling his meal. He was used to eating alone, with a dog, and it kinda showed. When he finished, he smiled at her, wiping his hands on the napkin, his arm gently laying on her shoulders.
"Would you like to hear my song?" he asked softly. "It's a little sad, but... People have told me it's beautiful."

his hand gently played with her soft hair, occasionally caressing her cheek. She was so soft. So nice. So wonderful. He wanted to kiss her again. He wanted to mean it this time. He didn't care if it was too soon anymore... he was, however, waiting for the perfect moment.
He would love her, and she wold be happy. It was a win-win situation.

Natalie watched with a look of near amazement as he swallowed his meal practically in six bites. She took much longer to eat, carefully savoring every bite of 'real food'. It wasn't often she got full meals, unless she had the money to go t a restaurant. It was one of the reasons she was painfully thin under the vests and jackets she always wore--not anorexia-thin, but definitely on the underside of healthy.

"I'd love to hear it." She said, suddenly, and turned a little so she could look at him. Then she felt his hand on her cheek and I swear to god she would have given him anything he wanted. She closed her eyes and pressed her cheek to his palm, loving the feeling of his fingers in her hair, too. Ah... delightful.

"Please sing to me..." She managed after a moment of absolute elation. She didn't want him to stop touching her--never, ever wanted him to stop touching her--but she wanted to hear his song, too. She wanted to let him do anything he wanted, as long as it didn't cause her any pain... But Mr. Blank didn't seem the kind f guy to hurt a poor little girl.

"I don't sing very often. But I'll play you a favourite from one of my heroes." he stood up, walked over to the guitar, and sat down crosslegged. He took a deep breath, and his eyes went hollow. Then he bewgan to gently strum the guitar, fingers moving with absolute precision, as if he and it were one. And then he began to sing. He was soft, almost too soft to hear, but his voice was powerful. As he lifted his head, tears rolled from his eyes, memories surging around his head. Time he'd lost that he would never, ever get back, mistakes he could never undo.

As he slowly finished, closing his eyes, he rose and weakly sat beside her. It always took so much out of him, but it suddenly stuck him. That was the first time he'd played that song for someone else. Because when he did, you could see his past, his sadness, in his eyes, and it ashamed him.

Natalie watched him the entire time he played. It was so sad. She felt warmth bubbling in her eyes, the tears unstoppable as they rolled down her cheeks. The two of them weren't so different. Both had been hurt, both were still hurting, and both of them wanted somebody to hold. She watched him even as he finished his song and walked back over to her. Suddenly, she threw her arms around him, hugging him tightly.

"It was beautiful." She informed him, closing her eyes, tears still running down her face. "I like it better when you sing it." She'd heard the song a million times off vinyl and plastic and MP3, but she had never once liked it as much as she liked it now. After a few moments, she let him go, wiping her eyes on her sleeve. "I, ah..." She swallowed hard, looking at the floor. "I listened to that song a lot... after my mom died..."

Her memories had been flooding in, too, and that was partly what had made her cry. She was thinking of how much better their life was when mom was alive, how crappy it was now, and how much she missed her wonderful, beautiful angel of a mother.

He held her tightly in his arms. So soft and warm. He gently murmured comforting sounds as he pet her hair and wiped the tears away. "Shhh..." he murmured. "I'm right here, Natalie. Cry as much as you like." he said softly, caressing her face gently. Oh, how he wanted to caress her elsewhere, make her sigh in pleasure instead of whimper in emotional pain. But those lips... they called for him...

He gently pulled her into a soft kiss, holding her head in place and looking into her eyes. His first had been so long ago, probably when he was her age. A girl trying to make him happy, trying to put a soul into that doll-like body of his... Perhaps she was why he was who he was today, because of her gentle touches and whispered words. But like so many teenage romances, it ended slowly, sputtering out like a candle when they left for different colleges.

And the second romance, a young woman at the college, what started as a fling became a rollar-coaster as he tried his damndest to help her get out from under years of drug-induced and alcohol related debt. A wild fire, she was, burning through the forest of so many men's life and leaving ashes. Of course, like a forest after a wildfire, he only grew back stronger.

And now young Natalie, So soft and innocent and alone. So very shy and sad, he wanted so much to help her, make her smile, make her happy. He knew he could, if she gave him the chance. He held her a little tighter, hoping she would.

Natalie felt as though she had cried enough before, but she did cry a little. She felt safe with him, like he wouldn't judge her for crying. So she let all her pent-up emotions out into his chest. Her sobs were quiet, but they still made her body shake, her fingers grasping desperately at his shirt, pulling herself a little closer.

And then the kiss.

She had to say that she was expecting the kiss. At least, she was almost expecting it. The feeling of the room had something about it that she couldn't quite recognize, and the look he gave her just before kissing her was the only thing surprising. When she felt his soft, smooth lips against her own, she closed her eyes, doing her best to kiss back. It was only her second kiss; the first kiss shed ever gotten didn't count, because it was an accidental one between her and a great childhood friend, strictly to see what it felt like.

All kinds of emotions ran through her mind as she thought about their current contact. A real kiss. A real kiss from Mr. Blank. A really good real kiss from Mr. Blank. Her cheeks were bright pink, fingers slowly grasping and releasing the fabric of his shirt. When they pulled apart, she looked up at him through her eyelashes, cheeks ever redder. Her wet lips were slightly parted, her mind trying to think of exactly what to say.

Instead of saying anything, she ended up pressing her lips against his again, wrapping her arms around his neck. Her hat began slipping off the back of her head as she kissed him, trying to make him as happy as he'd just made her.

He let her push him onto his back, Kissing her lips in return again. His eyes slowly closed, her warmth and soft lips the only thing in his mind. Those wonderful eyes and beautiful voice, the softness of her body and sweet smell of her hair... All of it thrilled him, sending shivers running along his spine. He wanted more, he wanted it all, but he would be patient. He had to remain patient.

As their lips parted a second time, he looked into her eyes, his own reflected in them. He reached up, gently removing his glasses, and her hat, placing them to one side. His hand slid through the full length of her hair gently, taking in the feeling as his hand caressed her cheek. So wonderful...

...And so dangerous. But he didn't care. He kissed her neck once, gently, his lips barely touching the skin, his eyes half-lidded, his mind abuzz with various emotions.He wanted it all. He wanted her. He wanted her so bad.

Back
Top Bottom