Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

ImaginaryMuse

ღ Fandom Lover & Writer ღ

August 16th
Namimori, Japan
13:49 PM GMT +9

It took two years but finally ... it seemed everything was back to a more 'normal' way of life. And for the now sixteen-year-old Tsukiko Sawada? This was perfectly fine with her. In fact, 'fine' was too generous of a word to use. It was a blessing, and she wasn't the only one who agreed on that view. Her twin brother, Tsunayoshi - often called simply Tsuna - concurred with that thought also, as did both of her parents. Her mother had been finally filled in and had everything revealed to after the last conflict, with the Vendice getting as close to harming her as they did. Iemitsu had no choice by then and had to reveal what was going on with Tsuna and, to the smallest of extents, Tsukiko.

Granted, Tsukiko had been kept away from all of the fights and ongoings precisely to avoid being dragged into any of these events. But unlike her mother, she'd known from the very first day that Reborn appeared what his true intentions were. She hadn't liked any of it, least of learning that her brother had to take over a mafia family. In fact, she had wanted to help out. And Reborn would have gladly let her ... except for one huge problem, particularly when the Ring Conflict rolled around. She had Sky Flames and, unfortunately, only one person per Flame was needed.

This further strengthened the idea to keep her hidden and in the background. It was, of course, much easier said than done ... particularly with Tsukiko having her own close calls as well as her mother, namely with the incidents involving not only the Vendice but even Byakuran. By what could only be described as a miracle ... she had managed to stay safe and, just as importantly, sane throughout everything that had happened over the two years.

"Sweetie!"

The single word caused Tsukiko to return to the here and now, barely hearing through her headphones that her mother was calling for her. A quick glance down revealed that prior to Tsukiko zoning out, she'd at least been trying to get a head start on her summer homework. Somewhere between writing out the answer for an algebra problem and reminding herself of the exact formula she needed to use, she had gotten lost in her thoughts. Her cheeks quickly turned crimson as she began realizing what had just happened and quickly shook her head, then finally cleared her throat.

"Yes?" she called, pulling one earbud out to better hear her mother.

"You have a visitor downstairs. A classmate of yours."

....Oh? Tsukiko pondered, an eyebrow raising upon hearing the words. Now that definitely was interesting. Usually, it was Tsuna who had company come over; typically Hayato, though Takeshi had been known to stop by every now and again also. Her head lifted as she quickly looked back over to the calendar. Sure enough, it was still summer vacation. That made this more interesting.

"I'll be down in a bit," Tsukiko finally called down, realizing she'd almost zoned out for far too long. Her gaze shifted from the calendar to her homework. She tried to quickly solve it ... only to find herself eliciting a frustrated sigh. Math was one of the few things she had in common with Tsuna; neither of them loved the subject much. Otherwise, Tsukiko was very much the opposite of her elder twin, especially when it came to school. Everything he had trouble with, she tended to excel at, be it academics or sports.

Homework could wait, she decided. Besides, there were still two weeks of summer left. Now that she knew she had someone waiting for her, Tsukiko found herself more curious about that than finishing up her summer assignments. Her intrigue was only piqued in knowing it couldn't be any of the Guardians ... simply because they were all out and about training with Tsuna. It was definitely frustrating to have her brother repeatedly dragged away, more so when it was during the break.

But after everything Tsuna had endured? It wasn't like she didn't understand the concern. He did need to keep himself prepared and ready. Everyone he had faced two years ago seemed to accept their fates. Varia hadn't attempted to perform another coup, nor had they run into Byakuran and his group in any form or fashion. But that didn't mean anything just yet; peace never lasted forever, after all. It was what her history classes taught her, and it did seem to hold enough truth for her to accept being without her twin at the moment.

The pencil was set down as she quickly stood up and hurried down the stairs. Just as her mother said, there was indeed someone waiting. And, just as she thought, it wasn't any of the Guardians. In fact, it was one of the transfer students that came into her and Tsuna's class.

"Yuri-san! S-sorry ... you haven't been here long, have you?"

A ghost of a smirk appeared on Yuri's lips as she shook her head. "Not very, but that's okay. I'm patient. I thought you'd wanna kill time somehow. Maybe head out for a swim or something?"

"Um ... well ... " Tsukiko's head turned to her mother, who merely grinned, silently encouraging Tsukiko to take the offer up.

"This might be your summer break, but I don't want you spending all of it in your room. Besides, you still have at least two weeks to finish with everything."

Tsukiko mulled over her mother's words then slowly nodded. It made enough sense, she supposed. And while Tsuna had matured and changed in some respects over the past few years, there were some things that hadn't changed. Sadly, his inability to swim was one of them. A smile appeared as she gave Yuri a nod. "Sure. Give me a few more to get changed real fast."

"It's still early in the afternoon, we definitely have plenty of time."

As Tsukiko rushed up, she could hear her mother begin to converse with Yuri. She managed to hear Nana thank her ... but that was much as she heard before entering her room once again. Thankfully, it wouldn't take too long to find what she wanted to wear. She studied her appearance in the mirror, her smile subconsciously widening as she looked at her clad in the pink bikini. She then covered it with a blouse and skirt combination, donning her feet in heels.

A content sigh that Tsukiko had been holding back finally resounded from her lips. Now that she was ready to head out, she went back downstairs. Her mother grinned happily as she gave Tsukiko a hug.

"Don't worry about feeling like you have to rush back, okay? Just keep in touch like usual. I'll likely have dinner ready when you and your brother return." Nana turned her head as she looked into Yuri's eyes, "She shouldn't give you any trouble. That's typically Tsuna's job."

"Oh don't worry. Even if she did, I doubt it's anything I can't handle."

" ... Don't talk like I'm not here, mom," Tsukiko muttered, a new layer of crimson now painting her face.

"Have fun, sweetie!"

Tsukiko nodded, waving and giving Nana a quick hug before leaving with Yuri. A brief pause lingered before Tsukiko finally spoke up, "So ... I'm flattered and all, but ... I can't lie, this is a bit unexpected. Why me if I can ask?"

"You seem like one of the more interesting people. You didn't greet me rudely when I arrived unlike a lot of others. That certainly helps. I just ... let's say I have really good instincts. Besides, I've wanted to get to know you better anyway, but I get the homework and overall school life makes it challenging. So now that break is here, why not? Okay. Get on and hold on tightly."

Upon hearing her last words, Tsukiko looked down and found herself staring at a motorcycle. "You .. this is yours?"

"Mhm."

"But aren't you just barely too young."

"I don't look it though, do I?" Yuri quipped, wearing a sly grin on her face. "Don't worry. I won't let us get in a wreck or anything."

"Okay. Bear with me. I've never really ridden on any sort of ride before."

"You'll be in for a real treat, then. These are fun!"

Tsukiko took a breath to calm herself then sat down. She heeded Yuri's words and held tightly onto her shoulders. "I'd actually suggest the waist. Better grip, but before that ... here." Tsukiko was handed a helmet and put it on first. Her hands lowered ... and her face, though covered by the helmet, burned a brighter hue of red. "You ... sure?"

"You're not hurting me or anything. And besides, if anyone's gotta do this, someone as cute as you is an honor, not something to be embarrassed about."

Cute? Me?

Sure, Tsukiko had crushes on some guys ... but those were men. She'd never really thought about women before. Her head shook as she dismissed the thoughts. Whether Yuri would hear the 'thanks' from her or not was anyone's guess, but it would be uttered at the exact same moment the engine revved and came to life. The two began riding off, heading to the public pool nearby.

Two years...

It had been two years since the Representative Battle of the Rainbow, where Tsunayoshi Sawada and the six guardians of the would be 10th leader of the Vongola Mafia Famiglia battled in the infamous hitman, Reborn's stead to remove the curse of the Arcobaleno. It had been two years since Tsuna declined for the hundredth time joining the mafia and becoming the 10th Vongola boss. It had been two years since Tsuna had returned to his no-good life at Reborn's departure, only for the home tutor to return once again with a new goal to make him into the so declared 'Neo Vongola Primo'. Two years since Tsuna returned to the life that had become his new, not so no-good hectic life, and in those two years-

Still not much had changed...

"Uwaaahhhh! This is too much!!" Tsuna complained as he sprinted down an open field to the absolute symphony of explosions following and barely missing the poor boy. "I was just going to the store!! Why is this necessary!!!" He cried out as he jumped just in time to avoid another piece of dynamite from going off in his face.

"Sorry 10th!" The source of the hail of dynamite shouted back as he ran to keep up with Tsuna. Hayato Gokudera, right hand man of the boss that Reborn insisted would be Tsuna was raining sticks of lit dynamite all around him on a longer route to the market that they were forced to take. "Er... Neo 1st!" Gokudera corrected himself, still not used to his Famiglia Boss' new title.

"That's even weirder!" Tsunayoshi shouted, not too keen on getting used to Gokudera addressing him weirdly in public after it became normal that he called him '10th'. It was just too much to explain to people.

"But Reborn said-" Gokudera tried to explain himself as started to catch up, still pelting dynamite Tsuna's way.

"AHHHHH Don't get closer while throwing bombs!" Tsuna tried to drastically run faster. "Wait... STOP THROWING BOMBS" he yelled.

"I can't- Ack!" Just as Gokudera tried to explain himself he leapt mid run, still catching up closer to Tsuna. What he barely avoided was a bullet shot just under his feet from far away. Back on the street a small, deceptively baby-like hitman aimed a high caliber sniper riffle down the abandoned field. It was clear Reborn was motivating Gokudera to motivate Tsuna into some weird twist on a morning run to the store.

Catching up too close, the dynamite Hayato threw went off close enough to stumble the two of them. Which of course caused Gokudera to drop all of his bombs plus the ones falling from the air. A gigantic explosion engulfed the two, flinging them across the field and rolling in unison to the edge of the nearby park that was across from his destination.

"Guuuuuhhhh...." Tsuna and Gokudera laid flat on their backs, covered in soot and scorch marks. "Whyyyy.... Why is it always like this" Tsuna coughed a cloud of smoke as they lay defeated.

"Because" the familiarly higher pitched yet deadpan voice answered matter of factly.

"Reborn!!" Tsuna sat up quickly at the presence of the mysterious hitman.

"Along with becoming Neo Vongola Primo, you don't know what kinds of darkness lurks around the corner..." Reborn told him.

"Why are you all cryptic all of a sudden?!" Tsuna complained. "And I told you I'm not going to do that!!!" He reminded.

It had been like this for a while now. Not that it was any different than before, it was just... More. Little games like with Hayato, having to make up incidents to Hibari that Reborn as usual set up, every chore turned into a death trap, and usually one or more of his guardians of the Vongola family being roped in. It was exhausting to say the least, as if Reborn's made up title gave him the right to try and prepare him for something even more grandiose even though it was no different.

"Mom! I'm home!" Tsuna called as he took his bags to the kitchen. Quickly he headed up to his room but as he passed his sister's open door to see no one in there, he grew curious and leaned back over the top of the stairs. "Where did Tsukiko go?" He asked out to his mother.

"She's sure adjusted quickly..." Tsuna gave a blank stare to the empty room.

After the final battle he took part in it had been a long time since Tsuna had seen his twin sister Tsukiko. When Reborn first showed up in his life, she was already out and about preparing for a trip so she wasn't around and soon she was away for a while. It wasn't until later that Reborn informed him that the family had actually placed her in protective custody while maintaining her schooling and as normal a life as possible. At first Tsuna had a conniption fit but soon came to understand the danger and that it really would be best to keep her away and out of it, accepting not seeing his sister for a good while.

Now that things were peaceful and they had dealt with the darkness in the mafia world, it was deemed safe enough to bring her back as far as Tsuna was told. As such she was finally home again, albeit with a plethora of new guests and visitors. Luckily she knew about all of what happened so it didn't take much explaining.

It was an odd, sometimes frightening feeling whenever a new comrade, enemy, or something else entirely came to stay or visit the Sawada home - which could be any of the three with Reborn around. This was different though, still that nervously new feeling of someone else around but a sense of calm relief instead of worry that he was about to be shot or poisoned. Tsuna was truly happy to have his sister back.

That didn't mean he didn't envy her though. After all, while he was busy with... Well, everything that happened, she got to have a safe protected life. Reborn wasn't threatening her life daily as far as he knew and she wasn't being expected to become the boss of a mafia family. Now she got to just come back and go out with friends. Tsuna would sooner have her take on that responsibility if he hadn't already suggested it and been shot down by Reborn, she was the one who was actually good at everything. Still she hadn't earned it going through everything he did, much to Tsuna's despair at how logical an answer that was when Reborn gave it. Tsuna wouldn't want her in danger nor to have gone through what he did any more than he'd want Kyoko or Haru to.

After sitting a moment in his room, Tsuna went back downstairs to the kitchen to finish putting the groceries away.

Thanks to Yuri using the motorcycle, what would have been a twenty or so minute walk was cut in half. The vehicle stopped and arrived at the parking lot. Tsukiko hadn't necessarily been panicking, so to speak, but she was relieved to see Yuri had kept her word about avoiding any crashes. To be fair, Japan tended to have more people walking than using public transportation, and even then, the train was much more favored than cars. Still, better safe than sorry - it was a belief she had followed and believed in even before Reborn appeared in her and Tsuna's life.

A smile could be seen as Tsukiko took the helmet off. "You were right. That was actually very fun."

"See? Nothing to worry about."

Fortunately, the pool wasn't too crowded. Whether it was because people had their own pools to swim in at home, citizens were using the beach, or some other reason, today seemed to be a good day to come over. This thus made it easy for them to find a chair to set their towels down on and get out of their casual outfits. As Tsukiko finished peeling her skirt and blouse off, Yuri let out a whistle. Tsukiko looked up ... and sure enough saw that Yuri was staring right at her when she let out that noise.

"Very cute indeed. Sorry. I'm not making you feel too awkward, am I?"

"Definitely a bit. No offense or anything. I am flattered, just umm ... not really used to the praise either."

" ... Are you telling me even the guys at school don't give you any sort of acknowledgement?"

Tsukiko mulled over this as they both stepped into the pool, using the stairs to do so. "Hmmmm ... I'll word it this way. Some may have and frankly? I may have missed it. Dating .... I haven't really thought much about it."

"Damn. You're more mature than I expected. Most girls would be frantic to find someone to get attached to ... or at least fuck around with." Yuri shrugged as she saw Tsukiko blush. "What? That's just how some people are, and I'm not the only one who words things that ... crudely."

"I ... you're right. Just another thing I'm not used to."

" ... You've been kinda sheltered, huh?" An almost knowing grin appeared as she watched Tsukiko offer an affirmative nod. "Doesn't that ever bother you?"

"Only sometimes, yes. But ... I do know the intentions are at least good."

Truth be told, Tsukiko had sometimes hoped to be considered. She'd seen the stress the past two years had taken. It had already been frustrating enough she could only watch during each and every trial that popped up. At best, she could only support Tsuna over the phone or whenever she was allowed to see him which, thankfully, was able to happen now that they were on break and seeming to be in the clear.

And yet ... she couldn't completely admit that even she would want to be in charge of something like a mafia family. Not just because of the dangers that would come with it, but would she be able to do well in that type of situation? She highly doubted it, and worse than that was the fear of Tsuna's Guardians not liking her enough to agree with that sort of change.

She'd probably have to find her own ... and that'd just result in more problems, not less.

"You okay?"

Yuri's voice plus the repeated sound of fingers snapping in front of her caused Tsukiko to snap back to reality. Her hands covered her face as a new crimson coat appeared on her face. "Oh god. I'm so sorry, I umm ..." Tsukiko sighed, shaking her head in disappointment at herself, "I have no excuse. I'm being a horrible guest."

Yuri merely wove a hand dismissively through the air. "I kinda did come in and abruptly suggest this idea to you. You weren't expecting this, let alone me, at all. It shows. You're at least not telling me to fuck off or anything, and that's a good start. So ... what were you thinking about? A crush?"

"Not this time, no. Just ... home. My brother, specifically."

"Tsuna, right?" Yuri was given another affirmative nod. "You are twins, huh? Is that whole myth about twins being super close true?"

"It is, actually. We just ... haven't been able to be close. We've both been too busy."

"Do you wanna head back home now? Make up for that?"

Tsukiko quickly shook her head. "He'll definitely be back by the time we return. I can make up for lost time afterwards. It has been a while since I've been able to enjoy a good swim, so I'm perfectly fine staying here."

"Perfect. So ... who even is your crush, if I can ask?" Yuri smirked playfully as she watched Tsukiko blush furiously in response.

"Okaerinasai, Tsuna!"

That would be the first voice he'd hear, which came from the top of the stairs. Standing there was Chrome, wearing a smile and a summer dress, as she bowed her head politely before descending the stairs to properly greet Tsuna.

"Your sister's with Yuri-chan from school. Probably at the public pool since the beach is further away. Going for a swim of some sort, regardless."

It was practically spelled out on Tsuna's face that he was absolutely exhausted. Chrome didn't even need to use her Mist Flames to sense that much. Poor Tsuna had no doubt gone through another of Reborn's .... unorthodox training sessions.

"Are you hungry now, Tsuna? Or are you fine waiting for your sister?" Nana asked.

"Ch-Chrome!" Tsuna exclaimed as he turned back up the stairs to see Chrome Dokuro, his Mist Flame Guardian, standing there suddenly.

"When uh... When did you get here?" Tsuna asked to the surprise guest, trying hard not to sound rude. He was happy to see Chrome well and never minded a visit from her, it was just that on top of not expecting her presence he hadn't often been alone with Chrome herself. Admittedly she was a cute girl in her own right, so it was natural for Tsuna to fumble a bit like this.

"I invited her" Reborn said sitting up on the rail next to Chrome, having to have gotten there when Tsuna wasn't looking.

"Well... It's sure nice to have you over" Tsuna shyly but genuinely retorted.

"She'll be living here now" Reborn quickly added.

'So blunt!' Tsuna thought as his mouth went agape and he leaned back in surprise.

"Did... Something happen with Haru, Chrome?" Tsuna asked with concern in his voice. It was then that his mother interrupted.

"Hmm? Oh I can wa-" Tsuna's stomach started growling loudly, cutting the brunette boy off as his eyes went wide and mouth slack with embarrassment. Before he could say anything though Reborn landed a kick right in Tsuna's abdomen, causing his face to bulge out comically as the air left him.

"We can wait for Tsukiko, Mama" Reborn politely answered.

"I was gonna say we could wait!" Tsuna got back up barking back at Reborn.

"Awww. Not gonna tell me?"

"It ... doesn't matter. The chances of it happening are so close to zero, it's not funny," Tsukiko muttered, glancing down slightly. She was trying - God help her. But now ... she was feeling closer to wanting to get out, dry off, and leave ... with or without Yuri's help. She must have been able to sense that, because Yuri's head bowed deeply, her eyes even closed gently.

"Okay. Okay, I get it. There's such a thing as too much teasing. And there are definitely better ways to go about knowing this. Point made. Look .... you're not the only one new with this sorta talking situation, okay?"

"That's hard to believe. The mere implication you ever had difficulty at school more so. You had a lot of people stare at you in awe and admiration on your first day."

A knowing smirk mingled in with her smile as she looked into Tsukiko's eyes, "And some were also filled with jealousy and annoyance as well. An even smaller handful had racial and even misogynist incentives added in. There were a lot of things that few people knew about and one of them, of course, was Hibari. But I learned after the first few hours that was to be expected considering ... who he is within the school."

Tsukiko merely nodded. Indeed, it would have been very odd if the head of the Disciplinary Committee somehow failed to hear all the whispers going around the school. He'd always been amazing with his job. The thought made her smile ever so slightly ... but enough for Yuri to see it, which made her own expand. "That's who it is, huh? I see. I kinda figured just from the words you said, but ...."

"W-well ... now you know why it doesn't matter."

Yuri shrugged. "I disagree. Chances being low is one thing. Zero is another. Besides, you have two more years of high school left. And come on. Do you really think he's gonna leave the school even after graduating? If anything, I was also told there's a rumor he lives there. He probably doesn't actually, but with how devoted he is, I can see why some people joke about that."

Even Tsukiko chuckled at that. The image was an interesting one, and it definitely helped lift her spirits up enough to feel better. "You do have a point. I have wondered about that largely because ... well, like you noticed, this year is going to be his last. But he's more in charge than the principal so ... " As Tsukiko's voice trailed off, she looked curiously towards Yuri, "Now that you know my answer, what aboutu yours? You got any crushes?"

"Well .... you're kinda not alone, but you are at the same time. Hibari's definitely a good choice, but I'm not gonna fret on it nearly as much. I'm not even sure if I deem myself as the type wanting to worry about finding someone to settle down. He may not be as compatible with me ... even if he'd probably be an amazing man to fuck with. Aside from him though? I got a few other friends I hang out with. They're kinda hot in their own rights, but .... we're closer. More like co-workers or colleagues than fuck buddies."

"Wow. That's ... quite the bond."

It made her think to her brother and his own Guardians. That was easily one of the few things that did change; they had all gotten closer. And it was true in some senses to Tsukiko. She definitely could at least talk to some of them better, but for the most part, it more so applied to Tsuna given ... who he was and all. Tsukiko was this time able to quickly detect she'd zoned out and turned to apologize. However ... she couldn't help but notice that now Yuri seemed to be doing the same. She was ... staring at her.

... Am I really that cute? she wondered, blushing slightly at the thought before clearing her throat.

"Heh. Oops. My turn, it seems. I think that's our cue. Maybe I should get you back. It's not like we can't arrange to meet up again, anyway. There's still two weeks of break left. We'll have plenty of time, and this will allow me to make sure to organize my shit way better for next time."

"Sounds good. I ... sorry again."

"Nah. You were right to start getting annoyed at me. I tried to push over some personal boundaries. That's completely on me. I'm grateful you're as kind and understanding as you are; not everybody is."

The two got out of the pool and began drying off, slipping their casual outfits and shoes back on afterwards. They then wordlessly went back to the motorcycle, put their helmets on. With a simple turn of the key into the ignition, they were heading back to the Sawada residence.

"Thank you. I'll try not to be too much of a .... "

"Don't even finish that sentence, sweetie. There's no way you could start to be a burden. Honestly, I'm a bit amazed this invitation wasn't extended sooner considering your circumstances."

" ... You knew about those?" Chrome asked, blushing slightly.

"Of course. Tsuna mentioned them not too long after you joined. But at least for a bit you had somewhere to stay, so I tried to just let you handle yourself."

"Anyway, it wasn't just because Reborn invited. Things were kinda getting real awkward with Haru. She's ... ummmm .... clingy, almost possessive, when it comes to you. Then she wasn't even around much with her being in a completely different school, so I found myself being more alone than with anybody."

Nana gently rubbed Chrome's shoulders. She immediately went tense, but then practically slumped against Nana as the gesture helped calm and relax her. "There you go," Nana reassured, lightly patting Chrome. "Here. Come with me. You know how to cook, right?"

Chrome smiled as she nodded. "I kinda had to teach myself considering my ... upbringing. Or lack thereof, depending on your point of view."

"Come on, then. Tsukiko usually helps me, but since she may not be back for a bit ... and even then, I doubt she'll be in the mood to assist, so you can."

"She won't ... it won't look like I'm trying to replace her or anything, will it?"

"Not at all! If anything, she's teased about wanting a younger sister. Since you'll be with us, that's close enough for it to count."

Nana and Chrome would be just about done cooking before the door opened up. "Tadaima!" Tsukiko called back. She turned back, ready to extend an invitation to Yuri ... but she'd already dropped her off and driven quickly away.

Guess she had to get back, Tsukiko mused, slipping out of the heels and holding them in her hands, ready to take them back upstairs to her room.

"She's right, y'know" Tsuna agreed with his mother from his crouched position, rubbing the pain from his abdomen as he smiled up at Chrome Dokuro. He rubbed the back of his head when his mom revealed he'd told her, "aha... Sorry about that" Tsuna said with a slightly reddened face.

As Chrome explained her situation with Haru however, Tsuna's gaze shifted to the side. "Yeah... She can be like that.." he said a bit exasperatedly, noticing the girl's petite shoulders tense and then melt against his mom's comforting massage.

Tsuna smiled as Chrome seemed happy to be invited to cook. He took the opportunity to sneak away and wash up before dinner, coming back down in a loose white t-shirt with green shorts by the time his sister had returned.

"Hey, Tsukiko!" He greeted back as his twin sister opened the door. Tsuna smiled softly letting her pass up the stairs, it really was nice having her home and it wasn't bad at all to have Chrome around either. Tsuna imagined a peaceful breakfast with such light company and-

His thoughts were snapped out of when he walked into the kitchen to see quite a lot more people than he had anticipated.

"Hey Ten-... Neo Primo" Gokudera was sitting on the windowsill, lit cigarette in his mouth as per usual.

"Yo, Tsuna" Yamamoto, the Rain Guardian of the Vongola greeted casually from a seat at the table.

"Heeeey!!!" Ryohei called as well, the muscleheaded passionate Sun Guardian sat opposite Yamamoto, next to Lambo who had also joined them. Everyone was here except for Hibari though that was the usual.

"Everyone's here?!" Tsuna exclaimed in surprise, "h-hey" he said quickly snapping out of his shock. "Uhm... Are you sure you're okay helping prepare so much food?" He asked, suddenly feeling like they were putting her out like that to do so much work when she just got there.

"Chiaosu" Reborn greeted them all from another seat Tsuna hadn't noticed at first.

"Reborn, did you call everyone over?" Tsuna asked.

"Let's eat first" Reborn suggested nonchalantly

Tsukiko's arms were just about to wrap around her twin and then ... voices. Thankfully, not in her head. No, no - they came from all around her. The first was Hayato's ... which, in itself, wasn't unusual. He tended to be one of the first extra guests to come over for any meal. A slight grimace appeared on Tsukiko's lips as she saw the lit cigarette in his mouth.

"Oi, Hayato. I'm glad you're at least near the window, but seriously, you know how I feel about those. Besides, they're bad for you."

"That they are!" Nana called back in agreement, leaving it only at that. If only because she heard a confirmation from one of her that child that Gokudera was at least abiding by their house rule regarding things like cigarettes. "They can ruin your sense of taste, even!" she added ... just in case he needed anymore incentive. It wasn't a secret that Hayato - all of the Guardians, really, but especially Gokudera - loved Nana's cooking.

But soon, Tsukiko would join Tsuna in seeing everyone sans Hibari had arrived. " ... You all got here quietly," she muttered, internally clicking her tongue at the absence of the Cloud Guardian. That, sadly, was another typical habit. Hibari had never been a fan of huge crowds and, in some respects, Tsukiko understood that in some respects. Prior to it becoming dangerous, Tsukiko had briefly been at Tsuna's coronation; dressed up in such an elegant manner that she purposely looked like a completely different person. Certainly not Tsuna's twin.

But then the Shimon interrupted that, and she had to be hidden away in one of the rooms ...

"Sweetie!" Nana called out, causing Tsukiko to drop her shoes near the front door and hurry into the kitchen. Nana merely nodded and smiled as her daughter began helping with the unspoken order and assisted Chrome as well as her mother with finishing up cooking.

The table would be set within ten more minutes. Chrome would sit close to Tsuna while Tsukiko was beside her mother.

Meanwhile, a bit outside of Namimori, Yuri finally arrived. An exasperated sigh resounded from her lips. It was unfortunate ... deep down, some part of her did enjoy Tsukiko's company. Unfortunately, she and the others had waited far too long. She knew where her priorities were supposed to be, and there would be no point in turning back anytime soon.

Wordlessly, she entered into the control room of the abandoned asylum and sat down in front of the monitors. She gave a loud whistle ... not really for any specific member of her family. Just someone to relay everything to. By the time they arrived, they would see Tsukiko's face as well as her school file all pulled up. Yuri gave a nod towards the monitors and smirked proudly.

"That's her. She'll be the one who joins Enma-kun soon enough. Her Flames are like his ... but not quite the same. Strong ... yet weak. Likely because she hasn't been in any actual fights like her brother. But the best approach is to wait for her to be alone in the house or out in the streets. Make it look like a group of thugs grabbed her. Her mother already knows my name and face, so if she disappeared while they knew I took her out ... "

Yuri's head shook.

"That wouldn't be good."

Yuri's hands tucked under her jaw as her grin widened. "I'm going to assume Enma's been a good boy and has been staying put in his cell, yes?"

"Tch..." Gokudera was ganged up on now, he quietly put out his cigarette even if he didn't look happy about it. He wasn't going to be disrespectful after all, and it couldn't be helped against both the Boss' mom and twin sister.

"I invited them too" Reborn remarked in response to Tsukiko's comment. "Hibari was told too" he mentioned seemingly out of nowhere as if that was meant for Tsukiko, to no one else's notice.

"You called them over, Reborn?" Tsuna asked. That did make sense, it was a bit sudden that they all appeared instead of the usual commotion that brought his friends in one by one. Not to mention neither Kyoko or Haru were around either. Just what was Reborn planning?...

Tsuna's thoughts were cut off though when he smiled to Chrome as she sat next to him and his sister across. With everyone around like this it felt like home, that was usual but with Tsukiko back things really felt complete. For a moment Tsuna couldn't help smiling to his sister, daydreaming momentarily before he caught himself, shook his head, and looked to the food that was set out for them.

The spread was amazing and there was more than enough for everyone. Tsuna wondered if this was meant to celebrate Tsukiko settling in, but either way he was happy in this moment. Ryohei energetically ate his food along with some other pieces caught in his passionate frenzy, only causing Gokudera to bicker with him when some of his bites got caught up. All while Yamamoto laughed between more peacefully eating his food, entirely aloof from the heated feasting Hayato and Ryohei then started. This was the mealtime Tsuna was familiar with, and having Tsukiko there, almost nothing could be better.

The darker control room was dimly lit with low hanging lights here and there, but as the monitors flicked on the room illuminated from it leaving the rest in shadow. This included five other figures who had tasks of their own but seemed to be off of or done with them for the moment.

"Doesn't look special..." Sighed a soft male voice from the blond sitting behind a table set in one corner of the room. His looking down upon the ordinary looking girl was tangible in his voice.

Another shadow sat knees curled to his chin not having anything to contribute beyond a disinterested "hmm..." As their target was shown. This one sounded less uncaring and more worn down by the matter.

Tsukiko smiled, flashing Reborn a small but very noticeable smile at his words. "I didn't think you omitted him. That's just how he is," she whispered back. It wasn't a reply meant to be generous. That really was just how Reborn was, particularly with mafia business. No one was ever excluded, and no good reasons had come up yet, like betrayal, which was one of the few off the top of her head head that she could ever envision Reborn not inviting any of the Guardians - or anyone from the Vongola, Neo or otherwise, over.

Poor Tsukiko was trying to stay happy, but she was nervous. Everyone being gathered tended to mean something had happened. There had never been an instance everyone was at their home when it was just simply to celebrate or having fun. But Tsukiko definitely wanted to be wrong. Still, she tried to focus on her own food and even the laughter. Out of the corner of her eye, she couldn't help but notice even Chrome looked .... pensive? Something for sure, but it made her feel better that she wasn't the only one feeling as if this wasn't just something random and happy.

Tsukiko would help Nana serve out seconds, giving herself her own portions last as she rejoined everyone. Whilst helping Nana gather the dishes to put into the dishwasher, she gave a nod upstairs towards Tsuna's room ... silently asking if that was where she needed to go after finishing up cleaning. The sight of some of the Guardians already heading there was all she needed to see. She then held up three then five fingers, signaling that'd be about how long she would take.

Yuri quickly spun around in the chair, her eyes going from calm and content to narrowed and pissed off.

" .... Are you two serious with me right now?"

Her fists tightly clenched ... then slammed against the armrest of the chair.

"LEADER-SAMA WOULD BE DISAPPOINTED IF THEY HEARD YOU SOUNDING THIS NON-CARING! I MAY NOT BE THE DEFACTO OR EVEN THE RIGHT-HAND, BUT COME THE FUCK ON!"

Scoffing in disdain, Yuri took a few moments to close her eyes and regain her composure. Her head tilted back as she took several long, deep breaths ... moving her arms in front of her chest and crossing them. Clearly still upset, but revealing she was more tolerable when Yuri spoke up again. "Okay ... I can't argue that, yes, she doesn't look special. But that's exactly why they have the proverb about not judging anything by its cover. Besides ... Enma doesn't look overly special at a first glance, does he? And yet, look how that turned out. Also ... don't ignore my questions on him. We can't afford to lose him. There's probably already been some missing persons report on him; if he gets out and runs his mouth, that could lead to actual trouble, and last I checked, we don't want that do we? Now .... try replying to me again, and please do smarter."

"If either of you want to go to the school when the break rolls around, you can. But excuse me if I remind you all that the reason I went is because I'm one of the better among us when it comes to sensing auras and Flames."

"Age too," came a much calmer - even colder some would argue - voice as Hitsuki walked into view. "It is true, however, that some of us could pass off as students or even teachers."

"Thank you ... thank fuck."

"That being said, Yuri-san .... chill. That temper isn't going to get you anywhere."

" .... Then you talk to these idiots before I completely lose it." Yuri muttered as she pivoted and turned back around in the chair. Instead of listening to her words, Hitsuki glanced up at the monitor, stared at the picture and file, before speaking up again. "Do you have some ... reassurance that this is the right person we need to go after?"

"Actually, yes. And it took me a hell of a while to get access to these. Someone clearly was trying to keep them hidden, though considering what they have, it's no surprise why."

A proud smirk appeared back on Yuri's face as she quickly entered some commands into the keyboard. A video began to play and soon ... they found themselves staring at the battles from The Ring Conflict. Tsuna versus Xanxus was currently playing. Yuri nodded to his face while the fight continued to play on.

"That's his twin brother. Like I said, I've met the family, though more so the mother. But I have seen for myself in class this is indeed Dame No Tsuna .... though the 'Dame' part seems to have at least faded if not outright disappeared."

And just in case the others weren't sold on this idea yet, Yuri huffed and finally got to her point, "If he's really the one who won the Ring Conflict, then does he not have a link to the Vongola? Which means, by default, Tsukiko has them as well as a good chance of possessing powerful Flames also."

Reborn's expression remained knowingly oblivious in response to Tsukiko, a special look that only he had that simultaneously looked as if he was hilariously completely removed from the situation and as if he knew the answer to every question you could ask - even if he wouldn't answer them.

Tsuna was one of the last to notice everyone funneling into his room. Gokudera and Ryohei were obvious about it as noisy as they could be but appeared as if they were going to go to the bathroom or anything but meeting. Yamamoto laughed light heartedly as he went up the stairs as if he was instructed and going along with it. It wasn't until only Tsuna and Chrome were left at the table with his mother and Tsukiko cleaning up that he realized they were much more alone than before, including Reborn who was nowhere to be seen. This made Tsuna nervous.

"Aha... Should uhm, should we go up?" He asked, face reddening a bit at the idea of inviting Chrome up to his room so personally.

Heading upstairs and into Tsuna's room, everyone was gathered around the Room with Reborn in the center mid way through pointing up at a large decorated sign inexplicably now hung up on his wall. The sign read in big bold letters: "Neo Vongola Primo Famiglia Guardians' Training Program To Become Neo Vongola Famiglia".

"Ack! What does that mean?!" Tsuna jumped back as Tsukiko joined them upstairs, 'and why is the same so redundant?!' He thought to himself loudly. "I told you I'm not part of this!" He complained, a complaint that was promptly ignored as Reborn went on.

"It means you'll all be taking intensive training competitions with one another" Reborn answered as if that were a completely normal thing to say. "Specifically.... You, Tsuna" he clarified ominously.

"Me?! 'Me' what?! What are you trying to make me do this time Reborn?!" Tsuna frantically asked.

Reborn tipped his hat up in a serious manner with a slight smirk. "You're going to face off with each of your Guardians in tests of my choosing" explained Reborn.

Tsuna's eyes shot to everyone around the room. Gokudera was giving Tsuna a thumbs up looking as if he couldn't be happier for the opportunity. Ryohei stood up, "alllll right! We're gonna compete to the extreme!!!" He declared, clearly without knowing all the details yet. Yamamoto flashed an agreeable grin, seeming to not take it seriously as per usual.

"Not yet" Reborn calmed everyone down. "You wont actually know when and what you'll be doing, that will come as a surprise" he told everyone.

Everyone jumped to varying degrees when Yuri belted out.

"Hmph!" The blond named Akio scoffed, turning up his nose, a glint of his longer left earing shone from the light of the monitors. "Of course I care, and that's exactly why some pipsqueak flames simply wont do" he explained rather haughtily. "Flames should be brilliant and bright.... All the rest should just be extinguished" he spoke with an exasperated huff as he talked down to the very idea of flames not good enough for what they needed.

"We haven't even figured out Enma's..." Akio added before his green eyes shot back to Yuri, "which yes, are still in there, with him, like you assumed" he sassed. He seemed more confident of their methods than Yuri who was clearly being more careful.

"He wont be going anywhere..." The softer, more reserved voice of Touma assured. Though his headphones rested around his neck over his longer messy brown hair, the light sound of his music could be heard subtly from them if one listened.

Akio and Touma seemed too above the matter and unenthused respectively when Yuri brought up them going around the school to help scout. Luckily Hitsuki intercepted the conversation in general as well as tried to calm Yuri.

They all watched the footage Yuri had scrounged up, but even knowing the flames of the Vongola's Tenth Boss would be greater than this by now closer to Enma's, Akio seemed not too impressed. "If she can't actually produce them too, she's a waste like the rest" scoffed Akio, referring to the many failures and missteps it took to get where they were now with their current target.

"Y-yes ... I suppose we should ..." Chrome nodded in agreement, her heart beating a bit. In truth, she'd been inside while Tsuna had been out. However, now that she was about to go in with him ... that held a different feeling. Granted, the others were around, so it wasn't as embarrassing or intimate ... but it still lingered even as she entered.

Chrome almost didn't notice the sign. It wouldn't be until she heard a "Really?!" from behind her and then watched Tsukiko pivot on her feet and go into her room, clearly looking upset as she shut her door, the click indicating she locked it. Then Chrome looked over to where everyone else was looking ... and couldn't help but feel a bit guilty.

"Reborn ... does it really have to be done during the summer break of all times? I'm not saying no, but ... now?"

A faint smile appeared on Tsukiko's face as she heard that much. But before she could hear too much more, she put the same earbuds that had been in her ears back in place. Tears slowly began to fall down her face. This was bullshit. He'd technically already done everything he needed to as far as she was concerned. From beating literally any and everyone who attempted to defy Tsuna to even having his coronation.

It was days like today where Tsukiko really wished Reborn had never come into her brother's life. She hadn't just missed two years of her life, but adolescence, by having to be hidden away constantly on a frequent basis. Even if she didn't have to hide again, just knowing Tsuna would be busy until school started made her disheartened to say the least.

Yuri let out an exasperated sigh as she shook her head, getting very quickly - and visibly - more frustrated. But at least as she spoke up, her tone indicated she was trying to remain calm. "I don't get you guys sometimes," she muttered, rubbing her forehead before continuing, "Yes, no shit. That's exactly why we sell anyone not worthy off."

It had definitely earned them a decent profit, but it also caused their search in freeing their true leader to take a while. Longer than Yuri, in particular, wanted. Thankfully, it hadn't been the absolute longest duration they had Enma in their custody. It was enough that there was no doubt a missing person's report, yes ... but that in itself was - for Yuri - one of the main concerns. People were probably still looking. No one likely got disheartened enough to quit looking.

"Hence my point. Why is she different than Enma save for the confirming of her Flames, hmm? He doesn't look any better than herself, and yet, we've seen what he possesses. Even felt briefly until that collar was snapped around his neck."

"He's still trying to fight, of course ... but Touma's otherwise correct. Enma's still in his place."

Yuri didn't even need to look over, but she did ... and quickly confirmed Yukiko had finally spoken up. "Hmmm? Are you unsatisfied with me hinting I'm here?"

"More like who isn't here," Yuri snapped, not bothering to be subtle about being annoyed the defacto leader was, once again, absent.

"That's how they've always been," Hitsuki reminded Yuri, who shook her head quickly in annoyance.

"We're trying to get everything back to normal. If anything, they should be here for things like this. Now then ...." Yuri glanced between Akio and Touma before sighing, "You two should be lucky I might not be able to drag you out next time. A woman's touch might be better, anyway. She seemed to speak with women easier."

.... This caused Yuri to turn to Yukiko, who slyly smirked. "What? You look as if I'm not going to behave."

"You don't usually."

"I can when the situation calls for it. Besides, you're not gonna tell me you yourself were on your best; at least not without some naughty thoughts going through your head during that meeting."

Yuri now mirrored Yukiko in smirking as she shrugged, "Guilty enough, I suppose. No, but fucking seriously. Appearances don't mean shit. If we relied solely on that for the end call, we'd take even longer than we already are. I have half a mind to drag one of you two along anyway, just because. I've been the one doing all these fucking errands. I can't be the only one just because I'm attending the damn school."

" .. In some respects, she is correct, Akio and Touma. In fact, everyone else here at the moment is a valid option save me. And the answer to why is my age. I'm post-high school at twenty. There'd have to be a legitimate reason, or lie, why I accompany any of you."

Everyone understood well enough where Hitsuki was going with his words and nodded.

"Normally, I'd be game to accompany Yuri-san, buuuuut .... I've been keeping the brat - and the rest of us - fed. So I need to stay behind for that."

Yuri clicked her tongue, having seemed to temporarily forget that it was indeed Yukiko who had been handling the cooking. Or ordering out if she really didn't feel like making anything. Regardless, that was a point ... and a really good reason that she had to choose someone else.

"Well then ... Akio .... Touma ... one of you damn well better man up. Fortunately, you both have time, considering the next meeting probably won't happen until a few more days. But I expect one of you to come to me and willingly agree to help me out. Otherwise, I'm picking one of you and dragging you out, end of story." Yuri would stick around long enough to hear their last words, complaints, whatever they had. But after hearing them, she went off to her room, getting into a shower to rinse the chlorine out of her hair.

Tsuna felt the same, and wished he could do the same and just walk out. They really were twins, but Tsukiko's reason was more deeply seeded, more than just Tsuna's lack of ambition to do anything but live life at his own pace. Still he related, "see?!" Tsuna tried to reason but Reborn just ignored him for Chrome's concern.

"Nope. It's not something that can wait this time" Reborn answered nonchalantly. There was a lot of meaning behind his words however; after all when had he ever let Tsuna 'wait' on one of Reborn's wild tests and tribulations? Yet this time was the something that 'could not wait'. Tsuna never picked up this kind of thing but there was an air of seriousness to the seemingly tone deaf answer. Reborn was more determined this time even if one wouldn't be able to read it from his oblivious expression.

"Gah!" Tsuna spun around and nearly ran into Chrome but stopped just short. "O-oh! Uhm... S-sorry I didn't mean to... let me just..." Tsuna meant to storm out but of course he ended up awkwardly shifting around Chrome. He hadn't thought of it until he was right up near her face but Tsuna hadn't actually been this close to Chrome, ever. Clearing his throat and shifting away, Tsuna exited the room and went down the hall.

Both Hayato and Ryohei could be a bit dense and so with the commotion being something they were far too used to they continued on their blabbering - Gokudera picking for details from Reborn, anything to help the Boss, that Reborn wouldn't give, while Ryohei was too wrapped up in the contest.

"I hope she's alright" Yamamoto said with a sweat drop at his brow and a light smile, being the one to notice yet as usual not being able to see the seriousness in her feelings.

Tsuna took a breath once he was finally out and away from the crowded room. He went over to Tsukiko's door and knocked softly, "Tsukiko?" He asked familiarly, concern in his voice.

"Tch... To more dim, flameless lowlifes..." Akio retorted with a hint of the same disdain as someone with a lesser flame as he assumed the target to be.

In a way Akio was right to be exasperated, they all were in their own ways. It had been a long road here and with every failed experiment or kidnapping it put them in more and more danger. Every instance was a risk to be discovered early, and though Akio was a snob about this, he did care enough to be tired of such unworthy prospects, rather than excited to burn them away.

When the options boiled down to the two of them, Akio put his hands on his head and fell back onto the beat up couch dragged into there. "I'm not going" he said snobbishly.

"I don't mind, Yuri-San..." Touma spoke up softly, she was right he had nothing better to do. Besides, Touma would rather have been out helping the family anyway than waiting around. It made him feel not so useful, a bit of a harsh work ethic that Akio lacked entirely.

Chrome rose an eyebrow, looking more than slightly worried at the response. "Why? Is there something we should know about?"

That had to be it, right? The reason they were all here. It was the logical explanation and yet, much like Tsukiko deduced, there was one huge problem with Reborn's words. There was no one left to worry about. All of the threats that had originally been a concern years ago ... dealt with in some form or fashion. Admittedly, for at least a good chunk of last year, even Chrome had been a bit worried on another coup happening. She had half-expected Xanxus to refuse to accept the verdict ... and had been pleasantly surprised when no moves were made.

So ... was this their signal that was no longer the case?

Perhaps worse than hearing Reborn's adamant stance, though, was seeing Tsukiko's reaction to the sign. Tsuna had insisted she wouldn't be a burden, but ...

"O-oh! No problem!" Tsuna would see Chrome manage to offer him a gentle smile before carefully moving aside. Suddenly, she felt horrible about staying here in some respects. Mainly because Tsukiko barely had been able to make up for the constant absences. And it was becoming more and more clear that it was becoming more difficult for her to better accept her brother almost literally getting dragged away from her.

She couldn't necessarily relate given her own family had been ... crappy to say the least. But Chrome herself had learned to treasure everything that came off as precious, because it could just as quickly disappear in the blink of an eye. And with Tsukiko's happiness and even some of her sanity disappearing after each time something had to come up ... she couldn't help but feel bad.

"I honestly don't think so, Takeshi. We've been making her go through this exact same sorta thing the past two years now. Everyone has their limit with patience ..."

Tsukiko wouldn't hear Tsuna. Sense, however, was another story. They always fit the stereotypes of twins and everything that came with them, from being able to feel one another's emotions, be it pain, happiness, or something else altogether to severely disliking separation. Tsukiko had put up with it simply because it wasn't wrong to say she didn't want to get hurt.

... But if things hadn't changed over two years, they never would. That was what her gut was telling her, anyway.

Tsuna would first hear a few sniffles before the door finally unlocked. The earbuds had been taken out and were laying on her bed. Tear-stricken cheeks would be the first thing Tsuna would see before Tsukiko looked right into her brother's eyes. "Is there really no way I can be your Guardian? Or at least someone who does more than just watch from the goddamned side? I can't .... I can't do this all over again. I refuse to ... if you have to take over, fine. But I can't just do nothing. Besides ...."

Her head lowered as she stared at the floor, teeth gritted tightly and her fists clenched just as firmly.

"You may have succeeded in keeping me safe so far ... and I do appreciate that. Truly. But what about you keeping yourself?! What the hell happens if one of these days someone finally ... ??"

Even though the words trailed off in a shaky tone, Tsuna could piece where she was going with that thought well enough. Her legs began to shake and it looked like she was about to outright collapse on the floor soon. She was forcing herself at this rate through sheer willpower, "Am I supposed to just ... take over? Accept that outcome?! What then?!"

Her head shook as she looked back up to Tsuna, "I couldn't live with that ... not being able to help you and just ... "

The tears began to fall again, but she didn't hide them. As someone who had been forced to do exactly that the past two years, Tsukiko was very much done with continuing to keep things concealed. And honestly, it felt good to let them out. Granted, she doubted Tsuna would feel overly great seeing her like this ... and she certainly wasn't intending to guilt trip him or anything of the like. But she was done being silent, too.

Touma would catch a glimpse of an appreciative smile before she got out of sight. "At least one of them's a good boy," she muttered to herself upon entering her room, closing the door. Her clothes were peeled off and tossed into her makeshift hamper. After grabbing a new outfit, she then walked to the adjacent bathroom in her bedroom and turned the shower on. A soft sigh mixed with a groan elicited as water began to cascade down every inch of her body.

Meanwhile, Yukiko lightly tapped her fingers against the chair she'd been sitting in before slowly standing up. Hitsuki's head tilted as he noted her moving. He didn't need to voice his question out loud; Yukiko could practically see it written all over his face.

"It's been long enough. I'm gonna see if Enma-kun is ready to be a bit more nice now."

"You want me to make sure he doesn't do anything rash?"

"I'm not a frail flower, but thank you. Besides, it's like they said," she nodded to Akio and Touma to indicate who 'they' meant, "He's not going anywhere. I've been making damn sure of that myself."

After seeing Hitsuki nod, Yukiko excused herself and sauntered through the halls of the mostly empty asylum. She went to the holding cell area. It was easy enough to find Enma - not only because he was the only prisoner, but due to the state she left him in. His entire cell was coated inside and outside in snow. The heat had been kept off, so the only warmth he had to rely on was himself.

There was, however, a plus side to his situation. He had been left with clothes on. Also, the snow was falling slowly. Akin to if this were a Chinese water torture technique. It at least gave him time to try to get warm and ignore the snow. But definitely not escape.

His collar doubled as a shackle, and was secured to the wall. His legs were attached with their own set of manacles, ensuring that he couldn't run on the off-chance he did somehow get the collar undone.

The door sounded as if it groaned as Yukiko slowly opened it and walked inside, kneeling down and grabbing a fistful of his hair to make him look into her crimson eyes. "So? Ready to tell me more about your Flames yet? Or should I start making things .... less pleasant to deal with, hmm? I don't have to feed you. I don't have to let you have any of those clothes. All things considered, we've been very generous. But patience ... can only last for so long. So do yourself a favor. Talk to me."

The briefest of pauses lingered in the air before she smirked at him and added on, "Unless .... we should just start looking into your own comrades. They'd probably get sold off unless we need their Flames, but I'm sure they'd talk ... just to hope and pray about getting you free. I'm sure there's at least one who would gladly cooperate. There's always one ... and I'm confident enough to say that even your family is no exception."

All the while, Yukiko forced Enma to keep looking at her ... trying to look for a read, to see if he ever reacted in a way that indicated her threat was right. Eyes were, as the saying went, windows to the soul. So what easier way to figure out how to get him to tick and start talking than seeing what made him even remotely terrified? It made sense that since he was trying to hold out for himself ... then safety for someone else would do the trick.

A bubble would appear floating from Reborn's nose as he retained his blank stare, not answering anything further. Though the matter was interrupted anyway.

Yamamoto gave a slack frown of worry, not sure what to make of that answer. Well, Tsuna was going to go talk to her and it was probably best not to interfere with that. He just had to trust the Boss here, even if that didn't simply erase all concern.

Tsuna's eyes softened in wide concern as Tsukiko's met his. How could Reborn say something like that...

What he wanted to say was that he didn't want Guardians at all, he never asked for any of this and for the first time it was really hurting someone in his life besides himself. Of course officially his Guardians were set. There were others in the Mafia besides them and the entire Vongola family otherwise, but how was he supposed to endorse his sister getting involved in that stuff when he still felt he shouldn't have to?

Tsuna's brows arched in worry as Tsukiko looked down, before declaring how worried she was for him. As she started to shake, Tsuna could do nothing more than wrap his arms around his sister and pull her tight to him.

As Tsukiko started to cry into him, Tsuna could only think of one thing to say.

"Reborn... Won't let that happen..." Tsuna spoke up. 'Did I really just say that?!' He thought to himself immediately. It was such a confident answer out of nowhere. Sure he could have told Tsukiko her big brother was the strongest and he wouldn't let anything happen to him or her, but they both knew that he didn't believe that, that he was always just as freaked out as ever of what was going on around him. Reborn on the other hand always got him mixed up in insane things, but... The way Tsukiko just told him all he had been through and how much worry it was, they had all been through a lot and somehow he was still here. That was because of Reborn.

Somehow, some way, no matter how close things came, Reborn always made sure they got out one way or another. Subconsciously he knew this, and it brought forth an answer confident enough to voice. That he did actually trust Reborn, even if he didn't always realize it.

It was a sorry sight. Enma Kozato sat up slumped in his cold cell.

The redheaded Tenth Boss of the Simon family had been being held by these people, the strange cold power weathering him down ever so slowly. He'd of course already tried many times to use his flames. It wouldn't directly do any good but the pressure of gravity, or even just moving his own flames, anything to circulate heat. Problem was, doing so only seemed to make things worse. This snow wasn't normal, it didn't fall like regular snow or melt into water. When the flakes hit it felt less like it was cold and more like heat was being drained from him, and Dying Will Flames only seemed to exacerbate the process.

When his straight red hair was gripped roughly, Enma tried not to but couldn't help groan softly from the sudden pain agitated further by the cold. His red eyes shook in trying to focus through his shivering.

"Nhh..." Enma gritted his teeth softly, "what... The hell do you want..." Enma was never the most threatening person but in his state even his demand sounded more like begging. It was to this statement Yukiko began to tell him exactly what they didn't have to do for him. Sure, generous, but Enma didn't even have the strength to voice that sarcastically.

After a pause Yukiko mentioned his family. "Ngh... Don't you dare..." It was one of the few things that could get Enma fired up. "They're... Better than me anyway... You can't get them.." His breathing was slow and shuddered but his anger still shook through. If there was one thing Enma had confidence in it was his comrades, even if he couldn't muster it in himself.

Chrome let out a soft sigh as she quietly sat down. She knew and understood what that bubble meant -- Reborn was officially asleep. And much like the form he had, he did indeed sleep very deeply, as if he truly were an infant. Of course, she knew better. They all did. But right now, it seemed like they would have to wait ... and at this rate for both Reborn to wake up and Tsuna to return. Which would happen first? Chrome had a guess, but even she wasn't completely sure.

Tsukiko's head shook as she returned the embrace, pulling Tsuna tightly against her. "That's not good enough! Look at everything that already did happen! Mukuro controlled most of everyone at least once! Even Hibari was at least incapacitated and captured, and ... that's insane to think about! No one was supposed to be able to dispute you becoming Juudaime, but Varia showed up and damn well nearly killed everyone! And then ... the future! You were dead there! How many of those things did Reborn stop?!"

It was rhetorical, of course. And probably felt a bit like a slap to Tsuna, but unfortunately, it was one of the few ways Tsukiko could think to get her point across.

"And then mom ... she nearly got hurt by those stupid mafia police ... how many more, Tsuna? How many more close calls do we have to endure? How much longer do I really have to just watch? I may not like it, but I'm linked to this family too. My connection to the Ichidaime exists also; it can't just skip me because of some petty reason. I know you didn't want this."

The smallest of smiles appeared on her face as she chuckled softly.

"I've lost track of how many times I've heard you say that. But ... you've had your coronation and everything already. So ... if this has to happen ... don't just make me keep watching. Please ...."

Finally, Tsukiko allowed herself to fall to her knees. Not from exhaustion ... but genuinely looking up and allowing Tsuna to see how serious she was with her own devotion and resolve. She was literally begging him to let her do more than observe from afar. Her eyes remained staring into the matching orange orbs as she held shakily onto her brother's hands.

She wouldn't like it if he still said no after this ... but the painful truth was Tsukiko knew and understood there was little she could do in the first place. Much as she hated it, supporting her brother was one of the few things she could begin doing at all. And if that was all she was destined to do ... she would. A bit bitterly - mainly at Reborn - but she'd do it all the same.

Yukiko chuckled as Enma attempted to muster some bravado. It was clearly false ... or at least half-assed. But it was cute in its own rights. Her left hand tightened, keeping a firm grip on the red locks as her right rose ... and gently landed on Enma's cheek. Effectively giving him a bit of pain and pleasure ... even if he didn't want either side of the coin, so to speak.

There we are, Yukiko noted, finally seeing something get a reaction from Enma. The snow made him cold, of course. But he had been fighting against that despite having no real way to keep himself as warm as he could do so under more typical circumstances. And he had definitely held his tongue a lot better ... before now, that is.

Now, though ... she was finally getting somewhere.

"Is that one person a woman by chance? Someone you love, maybe?"

Her hand lowered from Enma's cheek and lightly traced the collar adorning his neck.

"Would she look as good as you with this on? Better, perhaps? Would you like to see her have one, hmm? If not ... if you want to save her or any of them .... keep talking. You don't have our Flames, so what are yours? Yuri-san has already found out about who our next guest will be .... but I can see about having her find your precious friends. Or ..."

Reaching back, Yukiko dug into the pocket of her pants .... and finally pulled out something that Enma hadn't seen in a while. In fact, he may have forgotten he had it on him. It was his cell phone.

"I can just always see about calling them. The signal's not the best, admittedly, but it'll be enough to get a hold of someone. Let's see ..."

Flipping it open while simultaneously keeping it out of Enma's reach, Yukiko continued maintaining her grip on his hair. "Adelheid? That who I should give a call? It's the only real feminine name I'm seeing so .... I think it is."

The tone was confident and very sing-song in nature. Not completely cocky, though it did get as close to that as humanly possible.

Tsuna couldn't really say anything to that. All of these dangerous things did happen, she was right about that. What did exactly Reborn stop? Well... In a way all of it, in a way they were all here because of the efforts and forced training of Reborn. How could Tsuna word such a thing though when even he himself didn't realize it fully?

Before he could muster an answer however, Tsukiko got to her point, so strongly expressing her feelings that she collapsed to the floor. Her hands slipped into Tsuna's and he gripped back as she grabbed them. He was shocked, not so much at how she felt but that she felt so strongly about helping. It was a feeling he could relate to, he thought back to the many times he just couldn't stand to see someone get hurt or hurt others. How powerless he felt during those times due to his own lack of power but here Tsukiko, who was better than Tsuna at pretty much everything, was being held back by his status as well as Reborn and the Family it seemed.

All Tsuna could do was slowly look down to his sister and nod softly. "I... I don't know what I can do but... When it's up to me, I wont make you sit back" he told her. The unfortunate truth was Tsuna wasn't sure if it would ever be up to him. Sure he was going to be the Boss, despite his protests, but he never made the call to hide Tsukiko away or keep her out of the fights in the first place, only agreed before slowly coming to realize the feelings that he understood now.

Enma flinched as her hand approached, but a weak gasp shuddered from his lips as it touched his cheek gently. The pull of his hair stung but the soft skin against his cheek was warm, warmth being something he hadn't experienced in days now. Enma felt sickened by the way he couldn't help but lean into it, both from her firm grip and his inability to pull away, but also because he was weak... Too weak to go without the warmth that he would slowly die without.

"Tch..." Enma scoffed out as Yukiko toyed at the collar around his neck. When Yukiko continued, Enma mustered the smallest smirk, "we don't have one of those..." He referred to the notion that one of them would crack. When Yukiko mentioned a lover however, his eyes couldn't help but flash with a hint of anger as he figured already where his captor was heading with this.

"What... Flames...?" Enma lied, and poorly at that. That was when Yukiko retrieved something he recognized... His phone?!

"Hey!" Enma almost shouted, barely able to push out a yelp through his shivering voice. Immediately he settled down, "it's... It's not me you have to worry about if you mess with her..." Enma threatened. He had a lot more confidence in his Famiglia than he did himself it seemed.

" .... Is it not technically up to you at this moment?! Aren't you official if only ....."

But Tsukiko stopped in midsentence, an exasperated sigh leaving her lips. She was exhausted, fed up, frustrated .... ready for whenever this would become official to just finally happen. Her hand wove dismissively through the air as she turned around and got back on her bed. "It doesn't matter right now. Even if you let me somehow help, I can't now. Just .... go on. They're waiting on you anyway, aren't they?"

She wasn't necessarily trying to take her emotions out directly on Tsuna ... but he was the only one around at the moment. Worse off, had just about anyone else come over and attempted to speak with her, there was a good chance Tsukiko may not have even talked back as much, if at all. So even if she was coming off a bit harsh, this was - in its own rights - the best case scenario, not worse like it might be sounding.

By the time Tsuna went back to his room, everyone else was gone. Even Reborn had seemed to wake up and moved ... who knew exactly where. Either way, only Chrome was sitting in his room. Right beside his bed, to be more precise. "We agreed that since Reborn wasn't in the mood to elaborate, we'd meet up later."

The other thing Tsuna would perhaps finally take note of - even if it required him to do a bit of a double take - was Chrome herself. Gone was the outfit he'd seen her in. Now, she was in a silk nightgown. Tinges of crimson painted her cheeks when she noticed his gaze looking at her new wardrobe.

"It's ... not too much, is it?"

Each and every single movement that Yukiko noticed from Enma was noticed. From the way he tried to avoid her hand to him quickly leaning into it. Her tongue lightly danced around her lips. Even if the boy seemed confident in his comrades ... he himself was steadily caving in and ready to give up. He needed a bit more ... just another few good pushes. So the real question ... was how to go about that?

Her head lowered as she stared down at the name "Adelheid" reflecting in her crimson eyes. There were tons of options and, unlike Enma, everyone here had the ability to freely move. They also had time and, above all else, the ability to use their own Flames.

"Hmmmm ....." she mused, her fingernail lightly tapping against Enma's phone.

"To call or no?"

It wasn't just whether to make the call she was considering. It was whether to bother doing so in front of Enma. Sometimes, it wasn't what you could see happening that could make a person terrified, but what they couldn't see. Although the Veleno's specialty was trafficking, most of them had other knowledges that could be useful. Anatomy and Psychology were two in particular, and Yukiko had learned both of those; mainly because she was one of the primary interrogators.

"You don't have anyone who'd crack that easy? Are you sure? Then .... either they're shitty trackers, or they've given up on you completely. Such a sad family you have."

All the while, Yukiko's gaze had stayed focused on the phone. Trying to determine the best course of action. Finally, it came to her. She first took a moment to memorize Adelheid's number .... and then .... without much of any warning.

CRASH!

She threw the phone to the ground, smirking at Enma. "We'll get in touch on our terms. Plain and simple. That's the best compromise, I'd say. Okay. If you're going to keep being a brat ... then I hope you enjoyed that last meal. Nothing else for the rest of the day, and maybe not even breakfast. You will start learning to appreciate everything we give you ... one way or another. We hold all the cards at the moment, not you. You'd do well to remember this. One way or another, through your comrades or yourself, one of you will fill in the blanks for us about those odd Flames. It's just a matter of when, not if. For now though ...."

Yukiko finally pivoted on her heels, walking out of the cell and re-locking it. Enma would be left alone to his thoughts ... and the now shattered remains of his cell phone, maybe even a bit of pride and stubbornness also as the cold continued to wrap around him like an unwanted, very weighted blanket.

Tsuna sighed, he couldn't really fault his sister for that, but still he thought it was obvious that someone like him shouldn't be calling the shots. Not to mention that Reborn did in this matter anyway, but that was frustrating in of itself.

"Yeah..." Tsuna started to back out of the door.

"Tsukiko?" He then stopped for a moment, only his head poking in the door. "Thanks" he told her before closing it behind him, he was grateful his sister wanted to protect him.

Heading back to his room he was relieved that it sounded quiet. "Oh!" Tsuna answered when Chrome told him they all split off for now, "that makes the most sen-....".

Tsuna froze solid as he noticed Chrome left in his room. "Ch-Ch-Chrome!" The boy stuttered as his eyes widened, not able to take themselves off of her attire. He couldn't help but notice her frame, how small the girl was. The purple gown she wore hung over Chrome's tiny shoulders, whereas the shape of her smaller chest could be made out vaguely.

As she worried it was too much, Tsuna threw up his hands. "N-no not at all!" He answered. Crap... Maybe he had sounded a bit to excited about that. "I'm.. Just uh... Surprised, don't worry about it, really! I mean... Why would you worry? It's not like uhm... Anyway" Tsuna cut himself of from rambling on too much longer but another thought crossed his mind. That meant Chrome had to have changed right? In his room. Was Chrome Dokuro naked in his own room?! The thought alone nearly made his nose bleed but he grabbed it before hand as his face reddened.

Enma couldn't deny that this group was hard to find. Even he had no real bearing of where he was outside of this cell. He couldn't blame anyone for not coming to his rescue yet, and even then he was more afraid what would happen if they did come to fight.

The redhead stayed quiet as Yukiko mused over herself until she insulted his family. Less so out of being that easily riled up and more out of beginning to miss the quiet from before. "You... Like to t-tal-" Enma shivered through his words but flinched as he was cut off by the sound of his broken phone.

They already weren't feeding him the best anyway, he didn't need their so called hospitality at the cost of his friends. That much the usually more unsure young man knew. Still he was too tired to egg her on any more, but he kept in mind the last important information he could gather at the moment.

These people, whoever they were, didn't know about the Dying Will Flames of the Earth. Enma needed to keep that from changing for as long as he could.

By the time Tsukiko's door was closed, she got up. Honestly, she was restless and didn't really feel like sleeping much. But she knew she needed to try. So, unbeknownst to her, she ended up mirroring Chrome in appearance ... at least to some degrees. Same type of wardrobe, but in a light baby blue color. She slid back under the covers of her bed, turning her lights off before doing so.

Sure enough, she could feel it. The last thing Tsukiko felt was physically tired. It was all way more on an emotional level than much else. She grabbed her phone .... and then set it down. She'd wanted to text someone ... just about anyone, really, but who was she kidding? She wasn't as close to the Guardians as Tsuna ... and the only one she'd want to try getting a hold of ... well ....

That really was a pipe dream. Her crush on Hibari was almost as sad as Tsuna's with Kyoko. The biggest difference? She hadn't been holding onto those feelings for nearly as long, definitely not the second grade.

Besides, I doubt any of the Guardians like you intimately ...

An exasperated sigh pierced through the otherwise empty room. It was ironic, if not a bit saddening, that despite being in her own house .... Tsukiko felt so very, very alone. It was one of the worst feelings in the world. A few more tears fell down her face as she locked her phone and closed her eyes, not knowing what else to do except cry herself to sleep.

And the moment even Chrome barely caught the sounds of Tsukiko sobbing, she immediately felt even worse. The arrangement had been for her to literally sleep with Tsuna; not necessarily for intimate purposes, but because there weren't any spare bedrooms. Now though ... it really didn't seem like the best move to make. Her head bowed as a slight frown appeared on the Mist Guardian's face.

"Maybe .... I can take the couch?" she offered, giving a nod towards Tsukiko's room to indicate where this came from in case he hadn't yet heard his sister and just how upset she clearly was.

"So? How'd it go?" Yuri had long since finished up with her shower and was sitting on her bed as Yukiko walked in after finishing up her chat with Enma. Yukiko's hand tilted ... although the same smug grin she'd been wearing reappeared soon enough.

"It wasn't perfect, mind you, but I definitely got a good lead. We'll get a hold of her tomorrow."

As Yuri's eyebrows rose, Yukiko elaborated, "One of his comrades. Some Aldeheid person. But if she truly is a lover ... he did react when I brought that up, so ... likely is. And because of that, she'll talk for him ... hopefully. I may need you or one of the others around when I make that call. Help ... persuade her to speak and fill in the blanks for us. You get my drift."

"Mhm, I do. This must be a hell of a lead, though. You don't typically like having any of us help you out or, at that rate, need us."

Yukiko nonchalantly shrugged. "This is an exception. Nothing more, nothing less. Either way, Enma's barely hanging onto keeping his Flames hidden from us, and there's a good chance we may not have to wait much longer for him if this goes well enough. It'll depend if this Adelheid will actually think about what she says or not. She might be smart enough to hold her tongue ... but I'm hoping she won't. Just because I can do these tasks .... it does steadily get a bit tiring. It's literally because we need Enma he hasn't been sold off or even outright killed yet."

Yuri nodded, giving Yukiko an understanding look.

"I get it. Really, I do. That's why we're all on edge and frustrated."

"Thank goodness we have a bit of a solution for that, huh?" Yukiko quipped, lightly rubbing Yuri's leg, earning a soft moan.

"Teasing bitch. It did take you long enough. Get over here." Not really waiting for her, Yuri tugged Yukiko down, beginning to make out with her. They didn't necessarily keep what they had a secret. In fact, they did sometimes mess around with the others. Hitsuki knew this all too well, as he'd been the first guy both women had been with.

Still, it wasn't something they outright boasted about either. Not because of shame, but not everyone needed to know. Even if less so if they were the only ones in the mood which at least seemed to be the case at that moment.

Clothes began to litter the floor as they stripped one another, another groan resounding as the two went from simply making out to being more feisty with one another.

Tsuna shook his head waving his hands more frantically now. "N-n-no please don't worry" Tsuna said nervously, "I can take the couch" he offered. "I mean... I've slept there a hundred times I'm sure and you're the guest you should have a bed and..." Tsuna cut himself off from rambling on too much longer. "Please take my bed" Tsuna said politely as he gathered up a spare blanket.

"Please make yourself comfortable" Tsuna said as he gave a light, somewhat awkward bow in overpolite fashion. Quickly he excused himself from the room and headed downstairs. To his surprise however, the couch was occupied.

"Seriously?!" Tsuna exclaimed to himself as he saw Reborn sleeping on the couch.

"Die..." Reborn mumbled under the bubble coming from his nose as he pulled a gun seemingly out of nowhere and aimed for Tsuna threateningly.

"What kind of sleep talking is that?!" Tsuna shouted before covering his mouth. Looked like squeezing into the couch on the other side of him was out of the question

Wandering back into his room nervously, Tsuna sort of hoped Chrome could have somehow fallen asleep in the minute or two he stepped out but knew that probably wasn't the case. Without a word, the red faced boy laid out his pillows and took a cozy spot on the floor.

"Aha... Uhm, sorry about that" Tsuna said as Chrome couldn't possibly have fallen asleep that fast. "I'll be comfortable here" he was vague about Reborn's obstruction. Didn't he know about the sleeping arrangements?!

Tsuna curled up in his blanket on the floor. Looking up at the ceiling Tsuna had an oddly pleasant feeling not being alone, like the comradery of a sleepover and for once without the hectic nature the normally lively house usually held.

"Chrome?" Tsuna asked softly up to the bed.

"It's nice, having you here" he admitted before sleep finally claimed him.

"This is your house, though. Your room even. Are you sure?"

Apparently, yes. And he was - for once - actually adamant and certain about this choice. Chrome couldn't help but smile as she saw and heard his new determination. It was a trait he desperately needed, some times more than others. Granted, she wished the display was from something mroe positive instead of seemingly coerced ... but it was a start in the right direction.

She, herself, had been at least making efforts to better herself over the years. Particularly when it came to ever being kicked out of the old school Mukuro, Ken and Chikusa used to reside in. Chrome originally blamed herself for their decision to make her leave, assuming it had been because she was too weak or useless. So as someone in a similar predicament as Tsuna, she knew his struggles well enough and how tough they could be ... which made the fact she was seeing any indications of improvement as quite the accomplishment in its own regards.

"Okay. Sleep well, Boss."

.... Except he didn't get to, apparently. Indeed, Chrome was a light sleeper ... when she fell into a peaceful slumber. Alas, she was feeling the sleepover effect and, as such, was still awake. From what she could hear, though, poor Tsukiko's sobs had stopped, which meant she probably cried herself to sleep ... or was stifling herself if she was awake.

Hopefully she can get rest soon, Chrome quietly prayed. Maybe before anything happened tomorrow, she'd see about speaking with her. The last thing Chrome wanted Tsukiko to feel was that she was being replaced, particularly given Chrome was a Guardian and Tsukiko wasn't.

"Huh?" Chrome rolled over, looking down at Tsuna as he laid on the floor. And then ... he said one of the nicer things anyone had ever relayed to her. "Thank you. That truly means a lot to me. I finally don't feel lost for the first time in years."

From being born to two parents who didn't seem to want her in the first place to being abandoned by Mukuro and the others to having to leave Haru ... it seemed as if Chrome had finally found where she truly belonged. It was a nice feeling, strengthened by the blankets keeping her warm and cozy. A combination of the words from Tsuna and the comfort she was feeling helped her finally doze off into what was easily one of the best slumbers Chrome had ever experienced.

Yuri woke up feeling a bit more warm than usual. It didn't take long for her to recall why, though, as all she had to do was turn and find Yukiko still lying with her. A proud smirk spread over her face as she lightly stroked Yukiko's cheek, earning a content moan from the Snow Flame user. "Mmmm, you always know how to make waking up feel real good," she muttered softly. "Round two?" she asked hopefully, clicking her tongue as she opened her eyes in time to see Yuri shaking her head.

"Not yet. Maybe later during the night. We got work."

Yukiko huffed, but gave an understanding nod. Considering everything she'd relayed to Yuri, it wasn't overly amazing to hear that verdict.

"Before that ... you gonna be able to join me in a shower and behave?"

"Not happily, but yes."

"Okay. Let's go then. We both need one."

As the two slipped out of bed, Yuri noted on a nearby clock that it was almost nine in the morning. By the time they finished washing up, it was nine thirteen in the morning. Wordlessly, she guided Yukiko to the control room. Yuri would emerge in her preferred attire; very casual. Ripped jeans and a blouse, specifically. Yukiko, on the other hand, was in something more .... bold.

Yuri shook her head as she snuck a glance at Yukiko.

"Slut," she teasingly muttered before beginning to move her fingers over the keyboard.

"Is it working?"

"Not enough to make me change my mind. We'll never get anything done if we only fuck around. Now ... what was that name you said to me yesterday?"

"Name ...?? Oh yeah. Adelheid. I highly doubt there's more than one nearby."

"Be that as it may, go on and give me her number. It'll make sure I track the right one down."

Yukiko groaned but nodded as she sat beside Yuri and watched her quickly work after relaying the number. Her hand lightly rubbed Yuri's thigh ... only to get slapped away. "I'm serious," Yuri stated in a now firm and sincere tone, "We need to get shit done. Behave .... and I'll more seriously consider tonight as a nice reward, incentive, what have you."

"Fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiine. Alright, alright."

Twenty more minutes would tick by before finally, a triumphant "Aha!" from Yuri resounded. She zoomed the map of Namimori up and revealed the exact location where she, indeed, was. Courtesy of the internet. A hotel ... pacing. The look on her face indicated she probably had a hunch something had happened to Enma, and the fact she was holding her own cell phone in her hands strengthened that belief. Yuri rose an eyebrow slightly, nodding towards Adelheid as she spoke.

"We got his phone, right?"

"Had. I went on and broke it yesterday."

"Good. Best to get to her on our terms, not theirs. Okay ..." Yuri leaned back, studying the camera before nodding. "Tomorrow. You can go with Akio and see about bringing her back. It looks like she's not gonna go anywhere today, so take advantage of that to prepare. Alternatively, even if she does try to look for Enma, watch and note where she goes."

"You're still more fun, but fine. I will."

"Good girl," Yuri teased, resulting in Yukiko hissing through gritted teeth as she fought the urge to shove Yuri against the wall. "Want food? Yes, I do mean actual food."

"Nah. That's what I'm gonna do with Touma when we go see Tsukiko." She patted her pocket, showing she'd already taken the time to grab her wallet in between finishing bathing and getting dressed.

" ... You're not replacing me with her, are you?"

At that, Yuri busted out laughing, even slapping her hand against her denims. "Come now, I can't believe you're asking such a dumb question! She's a means to getting our leader back; nothing more, but certainly nothing less. But she doesn't know that yet. As far as she's concerned, I'm her classmate. I need to stick to my script. That's all this is."

"Better be," Yukiko muttered before turning and heading into the kitchen.

"I'll be happy to oblige you later, Yukiko-San~" the gently condescending tone of Akio appeared as quickly as he did to the side of the monitor desk. His finger trailed under the slightly taller woman as his own head tilted softly, the charm of his thin cloth choker dangling with his motion before he pulled away and walked passed her. Akio was certainly a ringer for someone who could tease as much as Yukiko, though much more from a sense of sadism surely than Yukiko's more flirty and at times domineering nature.

This was the usual, as this family had bonded truly and by now all of them had had one another. Touma, who was still asleep in his room, had actually believed that was why their bonds were so strong and that no one could overcome them, they were that close.

Akio swung open the door to the worn little mini-fridge they had plugged in to grab a bottle of water. He too wore his normal attire minus his jacket, thinner jeans with a black sleeveless top draped over his lean build.

"Finally, maybe this one can show us something dazzling" Akio mused before taking a drink, seeming to not mind being called out on a job as long as it gave him the chance to witness a brightly shining dying will. He desperately hoped this Adelheid wouldn't disappoint.

A soft yawn came from the side entrance of the room as Touma's bare feet patted the floor from under black soft cloth pant legs that drooped over them. The brunette boy was dressed in a loose light blue t-shirt with a leather wrist cuff on his right hand as well. "When are we going, Yuri?" He asked gently as he entered the room.

As Yuri and Yukiko teased at one another over this target, Akio glanced over the visuals and information displayed about Adelheid. Now she looked like someone who could give him a good show.

"You damn well better!" Yukiko called back, scoffing. Not at Akio's words, but the timing. He knew perfectly well she was heading off to go get food ready. So of course he chose to tease her when her priorities were on literally anything but fun times. Although ... that didn't stop her from glancing back and sneaking one last peek at that lovely collar around his neck.

Of course, unlike Enma, any that were worn by the Velenos were strictly for decoration. There were zero downfalls with what they wore, and they could freely use their Flames.

Teases, the whole lot of you ...

Yukiko took a few moments to close her eyes ... and take a long, deep breath. She'd definitely get back at someone, sometime. And when she did .... until then, fine. She promised Yuri to behave so - even if it wasn't her preference - she'd comply.

As Touma entered, Yuri knelt down so she could be eye to eye with the Undertow user. She lightly rubbed his back, then chuckled as she noted he still had bare feet. "Well ... after you get socks and shoes, to Tsukiko's. We'll then eat brunch together. Don't worry; it'll be my treat. You just be on your best behavior; I gave Tsukiko a half-lie and said I do have friends and colleagues I'm close with. Play along with that script. You're also going to help me confirm I'm not mistaken in thinking Tsukiko's a good choice. Alternatively, if I am, we can make up for that mistake sooner than later."

Regardless, her words were a very clear jab at Akio for his response to her report from yesterday. She was clearly still a bit miffed in his lack of faith at her selection, and the best way to get back at him would be to prove him wrong. Touma would be the best way, as he was the next best sensor, particularly with Flames in potential people to use for their experiments, among the Veleno Familigia.

Only after Touma returned completely ready and dressed did Yuri turn and begin exiting with her comrade. "Don't let the place burn down somehow while we're out!"

She knew that wouldn't really be an issue. It was just her way to get at Yukiko from afar ... which, sure enough, she did hear the faintest hint of an irked scoff from where direction of the kitchen, causing her to smirk.

This time, though, she wouldn't take the motorcycle. Simply because there would be three people, not two. So, she grabbed a set of keys off the ring near the front door and unlocked a waiting SUV. Ah, the beauty of having a fake license. The drive would be brief, lasting fifteen minutes at most due to the bits of lingering traffic that did exist. Thankfully, Japan tended to have more people that didn't use cars as opposed to did, so it wasn't nearly as horrible as other countries.

They wouldn't need to do more than get to the door before it opened, revealing Nana was behind it.

"Oh, Yuri-chan! Nice to see you again."

" .. I guess that was a slightly loud car, huh? Heh. Sorry."

"Oh no, it's perfectly fine. It's not like you woke us or anything."

"Good, good. Is Tsukiko around by chance? I wanted to make up for yesterday. I kinda ... made things a bit too awkward, so I wanted to treat her to help repent."

"She is, yes. And actually, that may help lift her spirits up immensely. Her brother's going to be occupied the rest of the break and he already got a head start with ... certain tasks this morning. So she's been alone the past few hours."

Perfect, Yuri thought, allowing Touma to make a telepathic link if he so desired. Otherwise, the thoughts remained tucked away in her head.

"Let me call her down, but while I do that, please come in. Get comfortable. Tsukiko!"

They'd hear hushed talking from upstairs before footsteps descending the stairs. Tsukiko would come down in an outfit similar to Yuri's, but also different in its own rights. A smile crossed her lips as she bowed her head politely to Yuri.

"You um ... don't read minds or anything, right? I was actually thinking about texting you."

"Hah, nope. I got good instincts at most." Yuri nodded down, grinning happily at Touma, "This is one of the people I was telling you about yesterday." She left it at that, for now, allowing Touma to otherwise speak for and introduce himself.

Akio merely tilted his chin up in a subtle jerking motion at Yukiko as she exited almost as if he were looking for a fight. A dare. Though everyone there would know this was only half true, but not on a battlefield that was for sure.

Touma nodded, headphones draped over the back of his neck. The boy smiled ever so slightly back up at Yuri, he knew what she was doing of course picking at Akio like that. Despite his age he was no more out of the loop on their more sordid activities that he too had taken part in. "Right" he said to following along, that he knew he could do for sure, Touma could do anything when it came to his Famiglia.

Heading to the front entrance to the control room Touma slipped into sandals. The control room along with research was treated as their home, shoes kept by the door due to lack of a proper lower step area. Exiting the front took them through the rest of the facility and down at the garage Touma got into Yuri's SUV. The drive was peaceful, Touma easily the most agreeable of the family.

Following Yuri up to the door, Touma bowed politely as he greeted their target's mother. She was rather pretty he noted, and he introduced himself before they headed inside.

Green eyes scanned Tsukiko subtly as she emerged in such a nice outfit. The pictures didn't lie about how cute she was either. The messier haired boy stood with Yuri as she came down, and when she introduced him, Touma bowed again.

"It's nice to meet you, Sawada-San, I'm Touma Hirano" he greeted. It was normal for him to be overly polite, even with his Famiglia albeit less formally, that much wasn't a lie.

Now on the road once more with the target along, Touma sat in the back seat to let Tsukiko sit up front. "So, how do you know Yuri?" He asked conversationally, answering the same for when he would be inevitably asked after. "I used to live down the street from Yuri when we were kids" he lied enough in return. All the while he felt out for her, reading all he could from the young twin sister of Tsunayoshi to try and estimate her worth.

Tsukiko wasn't quite sure what she expected ... but it was clear Touma, let alone his appearance, was not it. He was basically the exact opposite of Yuri; smaller, seemed incredibly generous. Not that Yuri wasn't, but ... she had a special 'attitude' with her at all times. And sure enough, those thoughts were all confirmed as he bowed his head. Tsukiko smiled as she returned the favor.

If it weren't for the fact you just met him, he could easily pass off as a younger brother, Tsukiko mused. Even though she already had Chrome now, that was an unofficial type of arrangement. Not out of spite or jealousy ... but in case she ever ended up with Tsuna on the off-chance he finally gave up on Kyoko. Incest wasn't frowned on in Japan, but it'd still be ... simpler if she weren't thought of as a younger sibling in her eyes. Less scandals, and it'd be much better overall ... at least in her thoughts.

"It's ... very nice to meet you, Touma-kun." Yukiko turned to give her mom a quick hug before leaving out the door and entering the SUV. Although ... she did take a few moments to look the vehicle over first. This was new to her; not so much seeing one, but more so actually being in one. "It's not Japanese made, is it?"

"Hah! Guilty! Americans do have certain things that ... appeal more so to me. Cars are one of them."

"N-nothing wrong, mind you just ... even on the streets, I haven't seen many models like these, so ... it stands out."

Hmmmm ... Yuri smiled on the outside, but already was mentally noting this. It was a huge and very important detail. When they agreed whether to abduct her or not, it meant the car probably shouldn't be used. Just their powers and stealth. "I never really thought much about that, but I suppose you got a point. I'm not much for subtlety, though you've probably noticed that."

Maybe it was because of his appearance, but Tsukiko honestly had expected Touma to seem a bit more shy. Which made it pleasantly surprising to hear him speak up willingly, and not just because he'd introduced himself. "Classmates which .... if this isn't too invasive ... are you home-schooled or something? You're easily the right age for Namimori and ... we don't have many other schools. The ones we do aren't right for you or shut down?"

"Aren't right?"

"Yeah. An all-girls' school, so ... that's out of the question."

"Haha, yep, you're right then. But yeah. All of them are. A small handful are done with high school, even. I've been trying to convince some of them to join me, but meh. They have their reasons and .... what they're doing works."

"Wow, you weren't kidding about your bond, were you?"

"Nope. So ... you've probably known Namimori a lot better than myself. What's a good place to eat at?"

"Hmmm ..." After some quick thinking, she nodded and gave directions to a café. Definitely not a maid one, just a normal one. But it also had sandwiches and salads to eat, and even what were deemed some 'comfort foods' plus a handful of breakfast and dessert items. It'd been a very long while since she'd been and ... it was a place she missed. So if Yuri was treating ... why not?

"You like simple things, huh?" Yuri half-teased as they arrived and exited the car. Tsukiko blushed a bit, shrugging. "I ... I guess. I hadn't really thought about it that way."

"It's fine. You're just easy to tease. But on a more serious note, Psychology is a favorite of mine, and it's just something I immediately noticed. A lot of choices we make, be it our clothes, the colors they are, the way we hold ourselves and so much more ... they kinda hint the type of person we are. So this café ... you don't like overly fancy things unless there's a really good reason. Perhaps a celebration of some sort?"

"That ... umm ... wow. That's actually really spot on. How ... we don't have it here, though?"

"Self-teaching."

"I may look into that myself. That's really cool!"

"There are definitely some topics I think you'd enjoy, yeah. Particularly the more ... spicy ones."

"Spicy?" It took them a few moments, but it clicked as Tsukiko's face went even redder. Yuri smirked as she held her hands up beside her head. "Don't worry. I'll leave it at that this time. I meant it when I said I wanted to behave and make up for yesterday, but it's the truth. There's a lot of stuff about that topic in Psychology. I was just giving you a heads up before you dove into it so you wouldn't be too surprised."

"I ... fair enough. Thank you."

They would be guided to a booth, where Tsukiko would sit closest to the window. Yuri would wait a moment ... before letting Touma decide if he wanted to be beside her or Tsukiko. Either way, she was across from Tsukiko. All the while, though, Touma would have been feeling one thing since meeting Tsukiko; she definitely did have something in her, and it was as Yuri had said. Weak ... but not. Whatever she did have just needed a bit of coaxing. But when they woke up, they'd be very formidable.

Back
Top Bottom