Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Paradise Falls... A getaway with a lurker in the jungle

It seemed surreal, or something close to one of those dramas she had read in books. A stranger popped out of the blue and wanted to inform him of something, but Dox kindly avoided the message, as if he knew all along it was going to happen. It didn't take a genius for Vision to figure it out, as Dox trembled around her, his voice was shaky and uncertain as if letting go would be the worse mistake he made in his life or something. Vision didn't know if she should hug him to comfort him, or leave him to his sorrow. She couldn't help but just feel lost as his sorrow, especially the tear that landed gracefully on her cheek. Then Vision pushed away from him gently, she did not bare sorrow or hatred, or anger as he he, instead she smiled in that spirited way of her's.

"Hey! Why are you so sad? That's not like you!" She said, petting a hand on his head, almost scratching behind his ears. She could feel the fur twitch between her skin and his heat register between her fingers. "You make it sound as if we're not going to see each other again." She held out her arms to him, and eased his big frame in a hug. "Come on now." She hugged him close, she could feel his affection for her, and it was soothing to her beating heart since it was now anxious and rapid. His body burned against her own, and her heart went out to him. It must be really lonely on the island, and she almost regretted coming since if she hadn't arrived, then he wouldn't have gone through this sorrow. 'It was bound to happen... Not like paradise can happen forever...' She told herself. She pulled away and tried to keep up a reassuring smile. "Come on, we's go back."

Dox shuddered once more against her smaller frame, which must have looked incredibly shameful given their size difference. Hugging her lovingly and finding himself wanting nothing more than to steal her away and never again have to let her go felt his heart ache at the thought of loosing her. Her soft scent, and the warmth of her body that he knew if her family had anything to say over he would never again know. With a deep breath he steadied himself as he nuzzled his soft ear against her cheek before kissing it gently. "I have had your company for barely a day and already I must depart from you." Hugging her once more, he carefully placed her drawing bag across his broad shoulders and gathered her up in his arms before standing easily on the tree branch. He hugged her so very close and yet softly enough to convey his feelings he found himself hating her family all the more passionately at her forced departure, and slowly that hatred started shifting into a plan as he dropped from the branch to a lower one. With the same ease he had used to get into the tree, he had come to the conclusion of exactly what he wanted to do with the trip to her family's house, and took some pleasure in knowing they had probably been left their alone with their own sorry company.

Though Dox bore his new little friend with speed back to his home, it was noticeably slower than when they had traveled earlier. Setting her down, he once again made her a comfortable little seat out of her bags but it was obvious how sad he was at her departing with the way his tail no longer swished merrily and was nearly dragging on the floor as well as the way his once articulate ears now drooped in depression. He didn't want her to go but took a deep breath before going to his cabinet and carefully pulling out a gramah. It was an incredibly deep purple and was made from the purest silk found on the main island that housed the silk worms, and Dox went to his little friend to gather her in a loving hug once more nuzzling her cheek sadly. He wrapped the soft silky cloth expertly around her upper arm before hugging her once more and lifting her easily into her little seat. Though he hated to have to carry her back and see her depart Dox could no longer find his voice as he carried her back to the house. This time it was much slower than before, but even so he hated himself for still making good time in approaching the house.

He seemed so sad, and even her words didn't seem to penetrate his frustration. Thus, Vision didn't try to encourage him any longer. Still she just tried her best to comfort herself against him as he tried to indulge himself in her touches, she found herself wanting it just the same. He wasn't as lively as before, she could tell from the lack of energy in his ears and tail, and also in his walk, though she just figured that he just wanted to make the moment last. She didn't blame him. She hugged her arms around his neck, holding her head close to his back as the thumping beat of his heart was both soothing and sad. The ride back was too short, as Vision was placed down in front of the house. There were bags placed by the door, as it seemed that some of them weren't even open during the short trip. Apparently Genesis didn't take her own island with a smile.

Speaking of her, Vision spotted her big sister emerge from the door and look over at them with a small smile. Something that made Vision raise her eyebrow to, but she just smiled back and waved. "Hello, sister, did you enjoy your stay?"

"It was lovely." Genesis stated, but then looked over at Dox. "Mind if I speak to your friend for a moment." she said to Vision, not bothering to wait for a reply as she approached him. "Hello, I don't believe we actually properly introduced ourselves. My name is Genesis, and you go by Dox, right?" She went on with the formal behavior, and even held out her hand gingerly for him to take. "I have a proposition for you. I know our time here has been short and not to the best of them either, so I'd like to make it up. Come stay with us for a while over back at our country? Call it an invitation if you will."

Vision's mouth almost hit the floor, as if Genesis had grown fur, an udder, and yelled 'moo'. "Huh...?" Vision said, utter confusion in her face as she received a look from her sister before she turned back to Dox.

"I do hope you'll accept such an offer. And you need not worry about luggage or other essentials, we can just get you some once we arrive back."

Dox was equally stunned by the sudden offer. It was more than he could have possibly imagined to be offered a chance to be invited to stay at the same residence as his little friend, but the deal was laced. As sure as he could spot a deadly serpent that could easily kill him, Dox knew that she was attempting something that was not entirely clear but to what extent he could not grasp. Leaning down, he took her hand and showing manners that didn't seem apparent kissed the top of her hand gently in acceptance. "It would be an honor to see a new world under your care, but I must ask if it would be acceptable by Vision. I wish her no discomfort and have come to know her more personally in the time she was under my care." Dox looked over at his little friend with a small knowing smile.

He showed her exactly what he was thinking and let her know that he fully expected something dangerous and deceiving was occurring here. But he also showed her a side she hadn't seen before as a very disturbing predatory look entered his eyes and for all of the kindness he had shown her, at the very least she would know full well that he wasn't something to be trifled or played with.Dox smiled at her with the look of a tiger eying something interesting and yet was still tensed and ready to tear it apart should it prove a danger to itself, his pearly teeth reflecting a glint off of canines that were far to prickly looking to be anything natural. But as his tail wagged and his ears perked up and began twitching at the noises around him he could remind all that he was far from being anything near normal or human.

Genesis turned to her little sister and nodded. "Of course, of course, we should have another third party member decide on this as well. What do you say, Vision?"

Vision tried to fit the pieces together, opening her mouth to speak. It suddenly felt as if she was back in school where she had to stand up in front of the class to answer a math question she had no clue how to do. All eyes were on her, and that didn't help at all. When Vision did find the voice to speak, it came out as if she was uncertain. "Umm... Shouldn't we talk about this, Gen?"

"So you're staying that he shouldn't come?" Genesis replied back. She was a good actresses, while not answering with feeling, it didn't come out scripted either. She looked back at her with that raised perk in her eyebrow that made men swoon, but to the women, it was a different sign altogether.

"No, I mean, he's welcome too... But I mea---"

"Then it's settled." Genesis finalized her statement before Vision could speak up and clapped her hands in small glee. She walked over to the house, and looked back at the two. "The boat should be coming soon. I do hope that you'll find it very comforting back in our country." Genesis smiled at Dox and giggled as she disappeared behind the door.

Vision went over to Dox looked at the house worried. "That was strange... I wonder what she's up to. Whatever it is, it can't be good..." Vision sighed in relief though. At least she couldn't get lonely over the trip home. But still, there were many things to consider aside from that. After all, Dox didn't know anything about the life outside his islander culture. Things were quite different, as she looked at Dox with that same worry deep in her eyes.

Dox smiled as he gathered his little friend up in an affectionate hug before smiling and patting her head affectionately. "It's ok Vision. It warms me knowing that you worry over me, but remember my little friend...." Leaning down he smiled with an odd look in his crimson eyes before they did something she had never seen before and to all his wishes never wished her to see again. For all the animalistic features Dox presented, when he looked into her eyes his pupils seemed to wriggle oddly before they narrowed with a vicious anger that seemed too much like a beast ready to tear a pitiful animal apart for some reason or another. "Your sister is a snake." His voice had lowered into a deep low growl that let her know full well that he was more than a little capable of taking care of himself. "She reminds me of a serpent that thinks itself hidden and fully prepared to strike and kill it's prey, what she doesn't realize is just how dangerous those creatures she trifles with truly are." He calmed himself as he nuzzled his forehead against her's before kissing the very top. "She may whisk me away to a foreign land but where there is forest, jungle, desert, and any other place man holds no sway I shall be not be contended with."

Dox dipped his head further as his ears drooped with a soft pleasure before he gave her the tiniest little kiss on her cheek before smiling happily and standing up straight. "I am truly glad that this is not good bye my little friend, and warmed that I might enjoy your company for a time to come." Looking back into the jungle, Dox eased her bags down and ran to his beloved island home vanishing instantly. For a short span of time he was gone, but when he returned Dox was far from what he had appeared to be before. The half naked Dox was replaced with a fully dressed and deeply imposing presence as his massive upper body was now encased in a black armor that looped round his shoulders and fully covered his back and the front of his body. A silky looking black shirt hugged his frame and extended half way down his biceps as the shorts and sandles had been replaced with loose black pants that were wrapped neatly around heavy looking boots. Upon his back he carried a black pack that was strapped to his shoulders and oddly enough an odd pair of gauntlets encased his hands and extended half way up his forearms. They were black as well, but within the midnight metal on his gauntlets, boots, and upper body armor the vines of the jungle swirled this way and that, while tigers and other predators stalked boars and even monkey's could be seen swinging from the trees worked in painstaking detail.

Upon his gauntlets where the left depicted a tiger in mid pounce from within a giant of the forest and the other a serpent coiled amongst vines and nearly impossible to see save for the eyes that glared out the dull pointed spikes were raised perfectly over his knuckles left little doubt in ones mind what Dox's weapon of choice was considering the lack of any other armaments. "I shall not leave the armor my people gave to me should trouble come or if I should decide to travel. I only wish I could have had time to visit the main village to say goodbye properly.

The time away meant that Vision had time to change. And time to reflect. When Dox was gone, she sighed in relief, but she couldn't shake the feeling that her sister was making a big mistake dragging Dox into whatever she was planning. The look in Dox's eyes were deadly, almost as if he was just playing with something that was as much of a threat as a mouse. Vision shivered, and it wasn't from the slight breeze that picked up. She decided that it was best to try to take the image out of her mind. It was easy to change that fierce image to the more loving side of him. The house itself wasn't too large, though it was bigger than normal homes in a rich suburban neighborhood. Then again it was meant to accommodate a few more people than a normal family anyway. Vision found a room to change in, switching her garments to something a little bit more relaxed.

Something casual to Vision lead to something of a lady long top. Her shoulders were half-way exposed from the extended collar. The top was colored in a mild yellow and orange. It was in fashion about two months ago to Genesis' distaste, but it was thin, so it wasn't excessively hot to wear in the current weather. She also happened to have time to pull her hair into a low ponytail. She went outside to meet Dox, and she looked at him with a slight shock. Dox came at her adorned in half-armor kind of attire that it seem like he popped out of some fantasy book. As if Dox didn't stand out enough as it is, now he would stick out like a sore thumb. It wasn't bad sense of fashion, to say the least. It looked good on him, she admitted, but they were heading back home, not going to war.

However, Vision smiled at his explanation. "Well, at least we won't lose you if you get lost." She giggled.

Then, Vision's father and sister emerged out of the door, a bit shocked at his appearance as well. Though it was much more severe than her own was. Vision just waved her face at them to ease them out of their sudden surprise. "If the boat is coming, we should probably start heading down. Especially with everything we got." She suggested, as she started to lift a few of the bags herself.

Dox easily plucked Visions bags from her along with quite a few others that were lying around before he took a step into the jungle and melted away from view. Out from where the bay was, a yell was heard that scared a few birds before silence reined. And just as soon as it had ended Dox was back, taking more before once again departing to deposit them on the ship. It was probably unnerving for her family to watch him even though Vision might have been comfortable of his feats of physical prowess. The luggage itself he found to be highly ignorant and cumbersome even if it did appear to have innovations to making it's transport easier they were totally useless on the islands forever changing landscape. It took maybe ten minuets for him to carry all of the luggage the half mile from the house back to the ship whose crew were cowering within the ship or making work for themselves. Returning from the last trip that had brought every last ounce of luggage save the pack on his back Dox smiled at the simple yet beautiful attire his little friend had dressed in and patted and rubbed her head. Leading the way down the incline towards the house, it would have taken less than a tenth of the time if he had chosen to simply carry them one by one but he flatly refused to bear the weight of her family members.

Standing on the beach with the small ship waiting for them Dox seemed to reach into so much of the same jungle that surrounded them and plucked a twin pair of spears that had been hidden within plain view. They were not the same hunting spears that he had used to take down the boar but were made of a deeply red shaded wood and the spear heads that were worked onto the tip were simple, yet measured over eight inches long and shown with a deadly blue glint in the now slowly dipping sun. Black leather bound the spear to the wood and provided a grip at exact balance point of the weapon, referencing it as a fighting spear as well as a throwing one. They hadn't made more than a few more steps befoer a deep growl could be heard from the jungle line this time it was no bore that walked with silent padded feet but a full grown bangle tiger. The beast was as magnificent as it's easy and deadly stride closed with the small group of travelers and Dox. Stepping forward towards it Dox showed no signs of dipping the spears in defense or even preparing a throw as he smiled gently before stopping sort. The giant cat's stride quickened and it seemed for a moment that it was going to pounce him but as it closed the final distance he stepped back with his left foot to brace himself. The tiger reared suddenly and placed both of it's massive paws on his chest before it's head dipped forward and licked at his smiling face. His hands came up to fondle and rub at it's neck and carefully around its jaw before stepping back and watching it drop to all fours.

Of all the strangeness, the most disturbing was the way Dox's tail wriggled and wagged in almost the exact same way as the tigers, and kneeling to hug the predator and nuzzle the top of it's head Dox reached back and slipped a hand in his pack. The pack had clanked and jingled with his every step, and what he pulled out was probably worth more than the entire island itself. It was a necklace that glinted golden with the same beauty as the spears that now rested at his side, and adorned with five matching sapphires that moved from stones the size of one's fingernail to larger ones with the center the size of Digat. With a cord of leather to accompany it, Dox tied the priceless and ancient looking necklace to the back of one of the spears and reared picked it up. In the same way he thanked the boar for the meat it would provide Dox bowed his head and uttered something in a language that few ever knew and with a fluid motion reared back and hurled the spear into the jungle. The only trace of it's passing were the glints from the stones and gold as it sailed away, and oddly enough the tiger shooting into the jungle to follow. Turning away with a smile, Dox took up the other spear and used it almost like a walking stick as he rejoined the little group. He saw a little boat ship itself and drop a plank for them to board and as Dox boarded last the tiger appeared again. In it's mouth was the jeweled necklace as it laid down and seemed to play with it as it shook it's head and watched as they departed.

"Naomi shall guard the isle in my stead, and present the necklace as a sign that I have departed to seek the world. He murmured with a loving smile as he looked out at the setting sun and back to his beloved isle. He would return but for now a new world and things he had never comprehended awaited him, and his tail wriggled with delight.

Vision was use to seeing his feats of strength, and just smiled at Dox's kindness. Though, she much preferred that the sailors would come get it and at least earn their paycheck. She beckoned her two family members to hurry up as they were still a little stunned by Dox's speed and strength. The walk to the ship was not without some flaws, mainly from Genesis complaining about the heat of the jungle even at this time of the day. Vision was immune to her excuses though, after all, she had to live with that for many years. When they reached the ship, Genesis was gaping in fear from the feral tiger that appeared out of the blue, but Vision dismissed her fears, knowing that Dox would deal with it if it was feral. However, the hints of his body structure told her that Dox knew the animal, and it was confirmed when the tiger licked and tickled Dox instead of attempt to maul him.

So, Vision pushed her father and sister along to the ship. She knew that Dox would probably want to be left alone for that moment to say his goodbyes or farewells, or any prayer that he left. Vision was a bit sad actually, though glad and happy, she could help but feel the heavy weight in her heart by pulling Dox away from his home, and essentially into another world.

"All aboard!" The captain spoke through the intercom, as the ship pulled away from the shores and headed for the main lands. After all the bags were packed away, Genesis insisted that she would show Dox to his room. She dragged him off, while Vision was left alone as her father went to miller around the captain's deck. She sighed and wandered to the back of the boat where she leaded against the railing, starting off at the island as it grew smaller and smaller. Her head rested on her hands as she started to think about what will happen back home.

In the mean time, Genesis led Dox down the corridor to the rooms. She pointed at the room which coincidentally was right next to her own room and three doors down and across the hall for Vision's room. She explained to him that the trip back home would take the night since their late departure, so she gave him the key to the room. Afterwards, she dragged him to the back of the boat thinking that she could spend some alone time with the white-haired islander. However, Vision's presence there soured that plan, but she recovered quickly and called to her. "Sister! Dinner is ready! Would you like to eat?"

Vision turned her head to her and smiled, but shook her head in a decline. "No thanks, I'm not very hungry."

Genesis shrugged her shoulder and turned to Dox. "How about you? I'm sure a big guy like you can eat a cow! I'll show you what we eat."

Dox followed the woman to where he was suppose to sleep, and he didn't and couldn't fail to notice the way she touched him or how she was trying to have privacy with him. Yes it was true that she would have been accounted as very attractive, if one were to put aside the fact that she acted like a troll and cared for no one but herself. The fact that she had roomed him directly beside her was another problem as he had no desire to have midnight encounters with her and it was terribly obvious she was trying desperately to get him away from Vision. No matter how some might see the two in comparison his heart belonged to Vision's warm and tender hands, and he fancied her sister not in the least. It wouldn't be a good idea to crush the woman's hopes at the moment as they might whisk Vision away forevermore but he made a mental note to confront her and tell her that there was no chance of a relationship forming between the two of them.

He was incredibly relieved to hear his little friend's voice and nodded at Genesis to be pulled along, having the most disgraceful feeling he was being paraded around as a piece of jewelery or a loved pet. Dox smiled at Vision when he saw her and his stomach grumbled at the smell of food which promised exotic tastes he had never before tried. Looking down at all of the things spread out in a feast for anyone to enjoy he looked a bit agitated as he turned to Vision and asked quietly. "It smells kinda good but what do you eat and what do you leave alone? I've seen food decorated before but never with this much waste and never so very confusingly." There was lobster and crab that smelt of odd spices which he'd probably prefer but he had eaten such things his whole life and wished to try something new.

Genesis had giggled, thinking that he was jesting, or perhaps he was just commenting on the food. But Vision knew what he was talking about. In the lands where food was plentiful, most people use odd garnishes and decorations that one were never suppose to eat lest they choke or get poisoned. Though Vision didn't eat, she was happy to help him through. Only the three of them were present at the table, so all the food as far as she knew belonged to them. So just before her father would come to join them, Vision had pointed out the numerous things about the food: what to eat, what as inedible, what type of cooking they did, what spices they used. She knew food was something different to the islanders, where you used everything, now, looking at all this, even Vision was seeing how wasteful fine dining really was.

When her father came to join them, Vision had order other foods that were available, and set before Dox were steaks, salmon, turkeys, venison, small game birds, and even desserts like cake and ice cream. Vision helped him arrange the food on the plate, and even poured him a glass of wine after a long explanation of how it was processed. Dinner was rather reclusive, as the father was busy reading some article in the current newspapers, and Genesis was trying to captivate Dox's attention with all the different things in their world hat he'd want to see. Vision, true to her word, didn't eat, as she mostly helped Dox take a small portion of everything for him to try, and a small glass of port just for herself.

Dinner went by, and Genesis, who went on her usual cycle, after dinner retired into her room to 'refresh' herself. And her father didn't even pay much mind to Dox or his daughters and went back up to talk with the captain, leaving Vision alone with Dox for a moment. "I'm sorry. Stuff like this isn't exactly the same as the things you're use to eating." Vision said, as she rested her elbows on the table, her head resting on the palm of her hands as she looked up at the dim chandler that hung overhead. Why in the world would anyone put something so dangerous on a boat anyway?

Dox listened intently to all of her explanations of what exactly was in front of him and what he was eating. And ate he did... and it turned out that he did in fact have quite an appetite and didn't pay much mind to the way he was eating but it probably set the two ladies to thinking and the father if he had been paying attention. Studying the way she had pointed out how the food was arranged and what to eat and what not to Dox set about sampling the small portions Vision had set for him to try. The most odd thing was the way he ate, being that his hands moved to the exact bit of silverware used to eat the dish he was sampling with a mechanical ease that could only have come from training. For each dish he ate, he chose the right fork, spoon, and knife if it was required for the dish and even traded out and set the used silverware in the manner it was suppose to be collected with had there been servants attending the table. His tastes leaned to savory and salty most of all as well as fish and shell food but it turned out he also had somewhat of a sweet tooth when it came to ice cream as the new delicious cold treat had his tail bobbing happily behind him.

Of wine he knew, but listened with interest at the way foreign people produced their wine. He found it terribly odd that they would age wine so long just to have it sweeter when there were special plants on the islands that could be used for the exact same results. The wine that had been at the table he was told was over twenty five years old, and Dox had tasted wine far more superior in every respect that had been freshly poured out of the cask it was being brewed in. When they went back to the island he'd have to show and give vision some of the older nicer wines as he saw her drinking some herself. When he had finished eating and found her looking up at the chandelier he leaned over and snuck a kiss from her cheek smiling gently but raising an eyebrow at the pointy object being held up by a tiny cord. "Thank you Vision for the lovely dinner... but might we escape to a safer haven from siblings and dangerous pointy things dangling from the ceiling?"

Vision gave him a soft smile and took his hand in hers to lead him somewhere where it was safe from siblings and sharp objects just as he asked. Her mind was telling her to take them to the side of the boat where they could probably enjoy the breeze of the ocean and converse, but her body took her somewhere else entirely. Walking down the main corridor, she turned off toward one of the side tracks, which led to the sleeping quarters. Unlocking the door to her room, she eased him inside, and followed afterwords, closing the door behind her. The room was bright lit even though there was only two sources of light. One sky bulb and another on the wall above the dresser. The bed was a normal queen sized with the most comfortable silk and velvet sheets available.

"Your room is pretty much the same. Sorry, no hammock." She said, and took a seat on the bed. The waves didn't really affect the large hull of the ship, so the rocking and moving was kept at a minimum. Vision leaned back and plopped herself on her bed, letting the soft cushion bounce her body up before settling down the curves of her figure. "I apologize if my sister is a bit pushy. She seems to have taken a liking to you." Vision said, "I think her master plan is a bit obvious to me."

Dox smiled happily as his little friend led him away from the eating room and carefully looked and noted the various path ways and the general outline of the ship. He was fairly surprised when she had passed the outer deck as he was almost positive she'd take him there, and even more surprised when she led him past his own room and straight into her own. Dox looked up at the light smiling, remembering the general lessons they taught him back on the island about what certain things were and somewhat how they worked. "It makes me wary when she's so close. I get the oddest feelings when she's staring at me like I'm something tasty or she's trying to undress me with her eyes." The somewhat tired tone in his voice confirmed he was serious but when he looked up at the bed his tail perked up and began bobbing behind him.

He knew exactly what it was, but that didn't change the fact that he had never had a chance to sleep, inspect, or touch one before so natural curiosity drove him to step up beside the bed. Carefully clipping his metal gauntlets to a special little slot on his body armor, Dox removed it to reveal an undershirt that looked to be as soft as silk yet clung to his frame as if it had simply grown on him. Putting his armor down he leaned down and rested his hands on the smooth soft sheets smiling as his tail wagged furiously behind him. First he touched it with his hands, then leaned down and pressed his chest against the bed before his head dipped to nuzzle the sheets. Within moments, his boots clunked to the floor leaving Dox nuzzling and rubbing against the bed effectively messing the once tidy sheets as a persistent purring issued from him as he rolled, rubbed, and nuzzled.

"I could sleep in a thing such as this." He was barely able to get out between purrs as he rubbed closer before snuggling down comfortably. Dox was purring quite contently until his tail seemed to shoot out behind him as rigid as a metal pole with the soft fur fluffing out to make it look three times bigger than it was. He tried to escape the bed but got tangled and ended up falling out looking for all the world like a sad kitten when he looked up at her. "I'm sorry.... I couldn't help myself. If you want I'll carry your things to my room so you'll have a nice un-messed bed."

"Don't worry about it." Vision smiled at him after a fit of giggles. Watching him twist and turn around the sheets had reminded her of a cat with a ball of yarn. Sometimes, Dox, though he clearly had the characteristics of a wolf, had the antics of a kitten. "Not like as if it really matters anyway." She commented. 'It's my father's boat... It's not like he inspects every room for perfection, he pays someone for that.' She told herself mentally. She flipped herself on her stomach and pulled herself to the edge of the bed, looking down at Dox with a smile. Her eyes danced with laughter.

She had her fun. She slipped off the edge of the bed and began to disrobe the sheets from around his body. "Try not to get too excited. After all, you got your own bed to do this as well." She giggled, "Just pray that you don't get yourself in a tangled mess during the night." The silk shirt on him looked rather comforting, even more so that the velvet sheets, which made her surprised that he found the blankets to be comfortable.

Visions laughter gave him a warm and fuzzy feeling that made him want to snuggle down farther into the comfortable sheets and sleep right there on the floor. He smiled all the more when he felt her untangling the sheets, his tail wagging happily and in an odd frisky manner behind him until he was finally untangled. When he was free, Dox pounced her suddenly, making sure she fell back against the bed and that he didn't land on her in any way. With his hands on either side of her head and his lefts on either side of her hips, Dox smiled down at his little friend as his tail wriggled behind him happily. Dipping his head, he nuzzled his soft ears against her cheek and neck before rolling to her side and gathering her up tenderly into a loving embrace that included his tail once again finding it's place very possessively about her waist.

"Too much fun would be playing with you in the sheets before snuggling down to sleep." He murmured affectionately into her ear before even going so far as nipping the very edge of her ear with teeth that were far to prickly to be counted as normal. "Maybe if I just stay until my little friend falls asleep and then creep away in the night to find my own bed would be ok." He nuzzled her more intently as he held her close, loving the warmth and soft of her body until an odd shudder ran through his body. "I fear for my safety in the night should you sister wish for some sort of encounter.... How do I lock the door?" He sat up on the bed, tail still wagging playfully as he looked intently at the door handle. He could easily break the whole door off, and knew he would wake up easily enough sensing someone coming close but he wanted to sleep easily tonight without trouble.

Vision found herself upon the bed again Her hair fanned out on the bed, and her heart skipped a beat as she looked up at Dox's face. The ceiling light casted a shadow over her eyes as his frame blocked the white light from pervading over her. She was blushing, she could tell from the sudden heat that was rising from her cheeks and down her body. She shivered as his ears flicked against her cheek and the pain in her ears was minimal compared to the beating of her heart. Then, Dox shifted, and in the end, Vision found herself pressed up against his chest. Now it seemed too much like the time in the hammock, where the surge in her body was causing some effect on her that she rather not think about lest she grew mad. She was growing much more comfortable around him, perhaps a little bit too much.

While her mind was at ease when he sat up, her heart seemed to drag on the floor. She looked over at the door, and stood up from the bed. "Oh, well, I suppose..." She didn't want to comment about his lack of knowing how certain things worked. Life in the jungle kind of did that to a person, she would imagine. "It's really easy." She said, and stood in front of the door, and pointed at the vertical knob right about the door handle. "You just flick that switch to the side." She stood a bit toward the side so that he could see her lock the door. Her hand just simply turned the dial until it was a horizontal line. "And there, the door is locked." She returned to the bed, sitting down on the very edge of the bed.

"Besides..." She waved a hand carelessly at him. "My sister isn't that bad. She might be a bit nosy, but she won't go sneaking into someone's room at night. That's much too 'poor' for her." She explained.

Dox watched her carefully to figure out exactly how he was suppose to lock the door, which made him somewhat more relieved along with the lines of her sister not trying to sneak in because it was a bit too "Poor" of a thing to do. What it didn't change though was Dox's urge to sleep by his new little friend's side as he promptly wrapped his arms about her waist to pull her playfully back before snuggling down once more into the soft bed. His right arm curled about her waist to bring her snuggly against his own body while his left oddly found a pillow to place over his arm and then slip underneath her head. His tail found it's way around her right arm this time and the tip oddly enough wriggled right into her soft warm palm as his head dipped to nuzzle the top of her head and settle down.

"I'm nervous about being away...." He admitted to her after a few moments as he snuggled closer to her for warmth and his right hand reached around to bring the wonderful feeling blanket over both him and her as his hand returned to it's protective spot around her waist. "I've never been anywhere but my islands, and I know what things are like out in the world from other travelers, but it doesn't change actually going into the unknown. It seemed that he was curling closer and more firmly against her for not only warmth but comfort, and if she turned her head to look at him she'd notice the way his ears had slid down and back in a somewhat skittish or even frightened manner. "I'm glad I have you Vision, I know you'll guide be true..." He murmured sleepily as he nuzzled his ear into her neck and cheek before settling back down again.

He poured his feelings out to her. it made her both glad and nervous because she was curious to how he was feeling about all this. As she was hugged so closely to him, the tuft of fur in the palm of her hand caused it to cup around it, and gently stroke it as one would do for a pet. She sighed, as her free hand was placed above his right hand. "The city isn't as pretty... It's crowded... It's stuffy, people are jerks, everyone is looking for their next paycheck, and it's really noisy." She listed already some bad things about her city life. Of course, it was just her idea since the grass is always greener on the other side. She wasn't going to lie to him if he asked, but he didn't really belong among normal people. He was raised differently, no better or worst than her, just different.

And how many times had people hated others just because they were raised in a different place?

Dox snuggled against, her which in turn, Vision pushed herself closer to him. The heat of his body enveloped over herself, soothing her mind as his scent took her back to the night in the hot spring. "I'm... I'm glad that you're here with me, Dox." She admitted wholeheartedly, "I just hope that you won't regret coming."

'Since I can feel that you came along mostly because of me...'

Dox crooned gently with her touches, and a soft purr seemed to issue from deep within his chest as she snuggled closer when he moved against her for warmth. She smelt so very good, Dox was having trouble comprehending everything she was saying. What he did fully understand though was the shift in her demeanor and the slight sadness he felt form her. Of the feelings he was getting, and the bad things she was saying about the city she lived in Dox could swear she felt bad about him being along, but he was hell bent on silencing those thoughts. Lifting up his head, Dox carefully stroked her cheek with his right arm before moving that hand down to her chin and tilting it up. It was a simple matter then to dip his head and kiss her softly and lovingly on the lips, showing her just how much he appreciated her closeness and warmth as well as how he truly felt about her. His right hand shifted to stroke her cheek as he dipped his head lower to kiss her cheek next before shifting to allow her to lay back down.

The purring seemed much more persistent as he nuzzled his cheek and ear against her head, murmuring affectionately. "Don't think for a moment my dear vision that I regret coming along with you. As I said to you once before, I shall say again. Should you be taken away from me, I would pursue. And I have no regrets in leaving my jungle to accompany you to your home if it means for even a moment it makes you happier being in my company." Dox hugged her once more before settling down with her in the comfy bed and the cosey embrace. His tail seemed intent on curling around her hand and arm softly to help comfort her as well as mirror some of the playfulness he still felt even when he was so very close to falling asleep at her side.

Did she feel the same way about him as he obviously did for her? She didn't know for sure. Still, she enjoyed his touches, his comforting that she couldn't get from anyone else back home. It felt nice to have someone be so intent upon you, and Vision was all but happy to accept it, but she didn't know her heart as well as she thought she did before she came to the island. She closed her eyes as he stroked her cheek, feeling his skin caress her own. His kiss was tender and soft despite his large, intimidating frame. Somehow and sometime during all of this, Vision had closed her eyes, and began drifting to sleep. The beating of his heart was the song to her sleep.

Genesis was humming to herself as she sat in front of the vanity. Her hand gripped the comb lightly, as she stroked through her hair. The comb glided perfectly through her hair, obviously not needing to be brushed. A knock on the door didn't break her away from her make-up and just chimed, "Come in."

As expected, a servant approached her, dressed in a black suit. He was a tall, skinny man, though the body armor he wore underneath made him look bigger and ungainly. "Madam, it seems that the new guest has taken lodging inside your sister's room."

Genesis was smiling, not even needing to look at the him. "I know, I know." She said, as she was plotting inside her head. "Don't worry so much about it George, once we arrive home, I already know what's to do." She giggled, and turned to look at him. "I just need to pull some strings, call in some i-o-u's, and it'll all be done. Now go, and bring me a sundae, I feel good today."

Dox woke with a gentle wriggle of his ears. Smiling to find his little love sleeping snuggled against him was one thing, but knowing that he had slept the night through with her was another thing all together more pleasing. He hadn't expected to be able to actually sleep the night through with her without disturbance, but then again as his nose twitched, a very predatory smile curled onto his lips. Carefully so as not to disturb his love, he slipped easily out of the bed and carefully tucked her in so she might get her full rest and not be disturbed by the minor details of his affections and their closeness. Something had been bothering him for a while when he first got onto the ship, where his first instinct was to sleep with his little love to keep her save, but as he eased out of the room and closed the door silently behind him it was clear enough that she didn't seem to be the subject of attention.

Dox crouched in the hallway on his feet, with his right arm out to keep his balance as his head dipped to examine the extremely short carpet on the ship. It would have been impossible to distinguish tracks to a novice, but Dox already had an idea of what he was looking for and found it without much difficulty. There was a males scent here, and he had caught it on the wind as Vision led him towards her room, and the indents of this peculiar male were evident in the carpet. What made it much easier was the way the track was formed, as it seemed the man was carrying a weight that was not his own. With the depth, he could tell it wasn't a pack or someone carrying something but more form fitting like armor of some sort. The scent was clean and masculine, and after a quick sniff to the air Dox found it and made a B-line directly for the fellow.

The fact that Dox had a sweet and affectionate side to him was one thing, but it was another matter entirely the more predatory instincts and attributes that were hard wired into his being which easily slipped into play as Dox stalked along the ship following the scent. He smiled wickedly finding the scent leading back to Genesis's room consistently, and unfortunately for the fellow, the wind had his scent blowing towards him before he actually turned the corner giving Dox an exquisite opportunity to catch the man unawares. Even though he had the jump on the man, he had to admit a measure of admiration for the individual as he narrowly escaped the large hand that would have snatched his neck and yanked him around the corner but to no avail, he would not be denied his prey. Deftly catching the ice cream treat in his left hand Dox pursued the fellow who dodged mild attempts at capture but he was getting to far away, and he needed to talk to him. With the ease of thousands of repetitions and muscle memory, His left leg shot out to kick him easily in the knee, and with him stumbling and this time snatched him by his neck and lifting him up against the wall to let his feet dangle. The way he held him told the man that at any indication he could simply jerk and snap his neck, and his eyes narrowed in the same way a snakes might when a rodent crossed to close.

"Since you seem to answer Genesis given how strong your scent is near her room, I needn't know why your stalking me but be wary the next time you decide to stalk another. If I were to think for an instant you wanted to harm Vision I'd kill you on the spot but may whatever god you pray to watches over you should I catch hint of your following me. Then we shall play as predator and prey do and I shall not let you go to breath for a while longer." Dox put him down gently enough on his feet, and poked at his chest with his right hand to find him indeed wearing some odd type of body armor before making his way towards Genesis's room with the ice cream thing still in his left hand and totally undamaged. This time he knocked on her door, and when he heard the order to come in he entered, and intentionally avoided the mirror she had to been brushing her hair in to sit in a chair beside the small table, putting the sundae down right beside him to sit looking at her curiously in silence.

Genesis was still brushing her hair. Dressed in a sheer red night gown, her body was showing underneath, and through the fabric. She had the body of a goddess, and something that all men desired. She didn't turn to greet Dox, and immediately began talking. "George, there you are. I hope you brought me french vanilla and not any of the normal stuff. You know I like it richer." She placed the comb down, and reached over to fetch the ice cream. She turned her head, and gasped in shock as Dox was sitting right nearby. The surprised look on her face was there for a moment, as she recovered quickly. "Oh, my. What are you doing in a lady's room?" She asked, scooting the sundae over to her side. Dipping the tiny spoon into the soft treat, she brought it too her mouth to taste.

"Quite inappropriate, I'm sure!" She remarked in a false anger. "But, I suppose it can't be helped." She giggled and looked over at Dox with a raised eyebrow. Her eyes filled with the pride of a woman, and the strength to crush all those who stood in her path. "And what can I do for you this evening, Dox? Perhaps you're here to look upon me like some school-boy? That was years ago, dear." She waved her hand lightly as she took another bite of her ice cream.

Dox had the urge to laugh out loud, and his tail that was poking out from behind him bobbed up and down as he had more than enough of a view from her to know exactly how attractive she was. But what surprised him was the strength of her gaze, and he wondered for a moment if it were innate, acquired through spiteful greed, or some other unpleasant manner but as far as he had seen she had shown herself to be nothing but underhanded and conniving. "I don't know what a school boy is, and as far as attraction goes Islanders are extremely open about that subject. As for why I'd come into anothers room without permission while they were grooming none the less is simple. Manners are breached when a party has taken actions that are of a questionable content, and have degraded into games of hunter killer until an understanding has been achieved." Dox easily crossed his left leg over his right as his tail continued to bob with a somewhat agitated quality as he took a deep breath for the coming debate.

"You were the one who invited me to come with your family back to your home, and I accepted whole heartedly as I see kinship with your younger sister Genesis. I would ask you not to mention that as it would ruin the surprise I have in store for her should she choose to visit the islands again, and it is also that blood relation that I acknowledge with respect instead of choosing the more violent approach my kind favor." Dox leaned forward, and clasped his hands on top of his high knee before continuing. "I had the choice to kill your servant, George I believe was the name you called him by for his trespasses. When one stalks, they are looking for prey to either kill or study, and this is a grievous insult to any islander who has ever lived because in implies that the stalker doesn't have the honor of facing an opponent fairly and wishes for an easy kill." Dox took a deep breath as his tail was fluffing out vividly with anger at being stalked by a weakling, and controlled his temper as his tail returned to bobbing up and down agitatedly. "I am here in your room because in all honesty I have every right to kill you for conspiring with that man but your ways are not my own, and I am in your debt for the invitation into your lands."

Carefully uncrossing his legs, Dox leaned forward and rested his elbows on his knees as his hands moved to ruffle his already messy white hair and ears to help calm himself down before continuing. "That man's scent is heavy in the area around and in your room, and his tracks are everywhere around this area so I assume the only reason you've had me followed and watched is to assure the safety of your sister, but I would like to hear the truth from you personally to alleviate my temper. I find myself very high strung with the idea that someone wants to know about me and my first instinct is to kill something that's following me because I don't know their intent. To be honest I came here to calm down because I hunted down George and took that cold treat from him after a little scuffle. I do ask you though not to reprimand him as he was adequate in self defense. I hadn't expected him to avoid being snatched but the skill comparison is the same as my knowledge of the world compared to yours."

The man was violent, though his speech was formal and he would fit well in the upper curst of society, even though he was rather ungainly compared to the sons of businessmen she was used to meeting. Though his frustration radiated off him like a dog in heat. She, however did not let his threats and his words get to her. She listened to him intently, then just simply took a small nip at her ice cream. George of course, was a top notch bodyguard straight from the city of Cairo where the best bodyguards train for presidents and other high-powered individuals. To know that he was subdued was shocking, and Genesis made a mental note to cut his paycheck later. Nevertheless, she was impressed with his abilities. Then again, Dox had the primal advantage in a fight, she figured that much.

"Silly, Dox. Do you honestly think that I would go to lengths just to harm my little sister?" Her voice was firm and steady, but the venom poured out of her throat as if it was just flowing like a river. "Despite what you may think, Vision is still my little sister. I'm a businesswoman, not a monster." She stated plainly and took a moment too powder her face. "George is my bodyguard. His duty is to protect not only me, but for the well being of my family." She explained, telling him only part of the reason why she sent him to follow them. She just wanted to know the kind of things Vision and Dox did and what kind of relationship they had. According to George, it wasn't romantic yet since Dox couldn't have made love to her in such a short amount of time. Or at least if he did, it would've been a short session which was no fun.

She slammed the pad down on her make-up case and turned to look at him. "However, I will not tolerant you putting accusations on me about conspiracy of foul play against you or my sister. You are a guest on my boat, but that doesn't mean you can be disrespectful to my staff just on a whim, Mr. Dox." She almost glared at him with that stone poker face. "Now, I appreciate it very much if you'd leave my quarters this instant."

Back
Top Bottom