Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Paradise Falls... A getaway with a lurker in the jungle

Dox couldn't say exactly when he had fallen asleep, but it was incredibly easy with the soft feel of her body against his and the scent of her clean body tickling his nose. But he was a predator, so he stirred ever so slightly at her touch but soon settled when it was in fact her touching him and went right back to sleep. He was an active sleeper, so when she did settle down to sleep once more he hugged her closely with his head dipping to nuzzle the top of her head lovingly. He woke a few times blinking sleepily only to cover her better with the blanket and scoot the pillow over for her to sleep more comfortably on before settling back down. One thing that he hadn't told her was that he sometimes purred in his sleep, and this he did now very gently with the warmth and comfort brought on by her soft touch and the feel of her breathing against his neck and chest. The night had passed in a wonderfully blissful slumber, and even progressed a ways into the morning.

When the morning did come, Dox stirred slowly before his eyes opened gently to the sleeping form of his new affectionate little friend. Smiling he snuggled closer, and his tail wrapped lovingly around her waist as he purred gently simply lying there with her in warmth and comfort. She was such a delicate and soft woman that his heart ached at the idea of not knowing her warmth against his own flesh and the missing scent of her soft body and hair tickling his nose. His head dipped to nuzzle the top of hers as he moved to kiss her cheek before lying back down with her and relaxing. He knew that his purring might simply settle her into deeper dreams but he was simply content with sharing her warmth and dozing gently.

Not very long did Dox would have to wait for her to rouse from her sleep. His cuddling and his nuzzles stirred her from rest, as she fluttered her eyes open. "Oh.. Is it morning already?" She said, the haze of her sleep controlling her voice as she let out a soft yawn. She tried to stretch, but found herself being blocked doing so. She opened her eyes fully and looked up at Dox's face. She gave him a half smile, obviously comfortable with her position against his body, though she would definitely have loved to tense her body. "Good morning." She said, leaning her head forward, and rubbed her face against the crook of his neck as if it was something of a revitalizer for her mind. The moment was tender, and Vision's fiery spirit and wary mind seemed to be put at ease for now.

After the moment pasted, she shrugged herself up, so that she sat up on the hammock. The blanket fell from around her body. Her shirt was wrinkled as the heat of their bodies pressed together made it scrunch and fold. Vision stretched her arms up, feeling her muscle release the tension for her sleep. Her mind was invigorated from sleep, as sleeping on the boat was not nearly half as comfortable as the hammock was. Indeed it would take some getting used to, but Vision seemed to adjust just fine for her first night. Once uplifted, she turned herself so that she laid flat on her stomach next to Dox. Her arms folded beneath her chin as she looked over at Dox with a small smile. "Sleep well?" She asked.

Dox smiled down gently at his new little friend, having enjoyed the cute little show of her stretching after waking up before his right hand gently patted her head before stroking her cheek affectionately. "It has been many days since I've slept so very comfortably little love." Dox could still fell her warmth even where she had propped herself up, his tail wriggling from underneath her as she had laid down on it before curling around her waist above her. "There are many thing's I'd like to show you today, but I think breakfast would be better first." Leaning forward, he kissed her on the forehead before his hands found their way around her in a gentle hug. He couldn't get enough of the soft feel of her body or the warmth she seemed to give off as he nuzzled his ear against her cheek playfully before he gathered her up in his arms. "Normally I'd simply drop from the hammock and land us but it is improper to cause ones heart to pound so hard early in the morning." Leaning down he kissed her forehead once more before rocking his hips.

This caused the hammock to sway, and taking her into his left harm snugly against his body his right reached out to grasp be rope beside their bed. Clutching it easily, his tail pushed the hammock out of their way and hugging her closer he dropped to land easily. Setting her down, he opened the door to his home and looked outside to his sun dappled garden with a smile. Fat rabbits could be seen nibbling at some of the plants but oddly enough there were very few and didn't seem to be bothered by his presence. Even more oddly, strangely colored chickens seemed to be rousting in one of Dox's cabinets where he hoped on stones barefoot to reach. A few squawks could be heard but they dispersed at his investigation and Dox plucked a good ten eggs that were brown and a few speckled. Hopping back into the house with the eggs his head tilted to the side in the exact same way a dog's might when it was confused or didn't understand something. "Do you eat eggs from chickens too?" He asked. Chickens roamed jungles too, but he didn't know if they had any where she came from.

Vision was still warm to his affections, obviously use to his presence by now, though her heart could probably say something entirely different. She was set down, still in good spirits as she went to her bags, and rummaged through them for clothes. The morning was warm in the jungle, much different than the city where it was warm only because the city life was veiled over the city in smoke, creating a greenhouse effect that kept the night fire and heavy populace heat inside the dome of the town. Here, it was warm because of the sun, and even the ocean winds could bring a humid rain upon her parade.

A light gold color blouse was the first think that came to her mind, as she placed it over her shirt. She kept her shorts on, but she placed sandals on her feet to protect her sensitive feet from the floor. Her hair was a bit of a mess, as she took a comb out of her bag and brushed her hair straight. She was satisfied, and began to tie her hair in a low braid. She turned to him as he came back, and almost laughed if she wasn't holding a band in her mouth. She nodded. She finished with her hair and came to him and plucked out a few eggs off his hands. "How about I do some cooking? Not really fair that I stay here and not do something, right?"

She truly seemed intent on the idea, and went to the cabinet that kept his bowls, finding a nice ceramic one that she liked. She began to crack some of the eggs inside, and mixed it together with a fork until the yolk and white was all blended together. Honestly, Vision didn't know much how to cook since she was used to have someone else do it. But somehow, she recalled her mother's food, pretty much one of the only things that she knew how to make. Genesis never bothered to learn, but Vision was eagered to help her mother whenever she could. "Could you start the fire going?" She asked. Vision went around, trying to find anything to put with the eggs. Eventually, she found some herbs, a few familiar vegetables, and began to chop it with a knife. Altogether, she searched for a flat stone which to put over the fire, and began to make what she knew by pouring the egg mixture in a circle on the hot stone. Using a spoon, she flipped the egg as it cooked, making a very simple omelet-like dish on a plate.

Dox smiled affectionately at her as he moved to restart the fire and stay out of her way as she cooked. She seemed quite good at it as she went about picking some herbs and veggies out of his sporadically placed garden and soon his mouth began to water at the smell of her work. From outside Dox bought in some odd looking fruits about the size of large grapes but brown fuzzy. Setting them down he waited patiently for her to finish and even brought her some plates to put the eggs on. Smiling he seemed to crack the little brown things open to reveal a jelly like clear fruit which he ate with a smile on his face from the sweetness. When he was sure she was done Dox scooted next to her before and broke another one of the fruits open. Biting it in half to show her, right in the middle was an almost black seed just like a cherry and before she could respond he leaned over and kissed her on the lips.

This wasn't just a sweet little kiss but a deeper one as his left hand moved to cradle the back of her head before he slipped the peice of very sweet fruit between her teeth. He smiled lovingly at her as he ate the other half of the fruit before putting the seeds and the peelings off to the side. "This is called Digat. There very tasty but some are allergic to their contents. Sometime a long time ago foreigners who trespassed tried to eat this fruit and died, so those who we allow on the islands and care for their safety share a small bit of the fruit through a kiss to make sure it's edible by the other person. Since it's only done with lovers now and with people we show an affection for and wish to share it with it's also called lovers lock by the islanders. But I warn you should you find it anywhere else you must be wary. Just as this fruit might kill someone Death's lock looks incredibly similar and will assuredly kill you."

Vision was a bit curious about what the fruit was, but just after she took a look at the jelly, she was surprised as he kissed her. She almost dropped her own plate because of it. She wanted to pull away, but then something sweet like honey slipped into her tongue, causing her to raise her eyebrows in surprise. The jelly-like substance almost sank into her throat in a refreshing juice. She placed a finger to her lip, as she ate it. "Digat..." She repeated, "It's... really sweet." She didn't dare admit she had a sweet tooth, else he might have gone for more just for an excuse to kiss her. She looked at him and smiled. "Where I'm from, sweets come after the meal though." She giggled and tapped his nose playfully.

She handed him the plate of the omelet. It was a simple dish, as the omelet was halfway folded. Despite on a hot stone, there were almost no burnt marks or charring on the egg. in the center, a herb was gingerly placed as a garnish, though Vision didn't even know it was edible, just that it looked pretty. "My mother... made this when we were little." She explained, as she took a small bite of the egg with her fork. The herbs were slightly strong, but it still was pleasant. Nothing like the digat fruit he shared with her. It was a bit embarrassing since it tasted nothing as close as to the fruits taste or even the dinner last night. Even so, it was nice to reflect on the memories of her mother once in a while. She ate quietly, trying to recall some traces of her late mother, finding it almost hard not to look over at Dox and not see a small bit of the affection that she had in him.

"Anyway... I suppose that's my duty of the day." She stated with a satisfied smile, leaning her head against his shoulder. "I wonder if my father and sister are doing well their first night here." She highly doubt it in her mind, and nothing would compare to the comforts sleeping in a simple hammock with Dox than in the master-sized bed back home with the most expensive velvets and silk one could afford.

Dox smiled at that look, and tried a bite of his own egg to find it incredibly tasty. He chewed with an odd look on his face but it wasn't for the food but for her comment on eating something sweet after the meal. "This is very tasty. Islanders usually eat whatever they feel like eating at any time." He took another bite of his egg and smiled happily as he ate, his tail wagging happily behind him as he enjoyed her meal. When he was finished, he moved to clean the dirty dishes in an odd basin in the floor near the wall, and a rope turned out to to lead to some kind of water source as it filled with water and Dox used a bit of special bar soap close by to quickly wash them. When he was finished, a wooden plug was wriggled free and the basin drained, which he rinsed out before putting the dishes to dry and returning to her side. The reflection of her mother had not failed to dig deeply into him as he felt the affection and hurt in her voice. She hadn't said the woman had passed away but the brief sadness hadn't escaped him. Sitting beside her once more Dox plucked up the bunch of Digat and placed it between them.

Carefully, his hands cupped her soft cheeks to bring her eyes before smiling gently and murmuring reassuringly to her. "I would have loved to have met your mother in life little love." He crooned to her as he kissed her lips very gently. "You show no signs of an allergy so you can eat as much Digat as you want." He smiled happily to her as he peeled back another and ate it, his tail bobbing behind him with pleasure. Dox had a sweet tooth for fruits both fresh and preserved so he enjoyed a few of them as immensely as he had enjoyed the omelet she had made.

Vision smiled, and welcomed herself to another digat. There was almost room for dessert in her palate. At least that's what she believed. She mimicked the way he peeled the fruit, and gently took small bites into the flesh. The sweet nectar ran down her throat, making her sigh in satisfaction. She pushed the thought behind her head about her mother. Dox sounded so reassuring to her, and it made her smile inside. She dare not confine her feelings to her father, let alone her sister. Plus, there was something about their mother than her father didn't seem to want to talk about. However, Vision had to ask. "What about you? How is your mother? Any family at all back on the main island that you look forward to going back to?" She didn't know a thing about their society or culture. Islanders, or as the captain of the ship put bluntly to them, 'savages' had a culture that was not the same as theirs. While a prejudice mind would immediately look down at them, Vision found it quite intriguing.

"I don't have any blood family." He said easily as he ate his Digat. "I can't tell you everything, as I'd have to take you as a candidate to become an islander but were from all over the world. When a soul has come to the islands, and they are found to be kindred spirits an islander will take them as a candidate. This is always a relationship that's very deep, as the islander becomes a mistress or master to the candidate and teaches them the ways of our folk and of all things under the sun. Hunting, fishing, tracking, and the single form of art and combat that we chose but also how islanders are personal, caring, and how to make love in the most pleasurable manner with our lovers." Dox had no idea how it might sound to her but was simply telling her the truth of the matter. "My mistress took me as a candidate several years ago and taught me everything both in and out of the bedroom, but I have decided to take my leave of the island and we had grown apart since then so we are no longer considered lovers and are equals. But I still show her the respect I had when she was my mistress and taught me everything I know."

Dox had a little pile of peelings and seeds growing at his side as he enjoyed the fruit and spoke easily to her. "I warn you though, if I take you to the island she will seek you out since your scent is on me as is mine on you and will ask you if you are my lover. Just as I warned one of the new islanders who took my mistress as a lover, she would warn you against trifling with another's emotions as islanders take their ties of friendship very deeply." Leaning over, he kissed her forehead gently and smiled." You have more fire in you than even you might know, so stand proud and face her eye to eye and she'll leave you be."

There was a soft plop as Vision had dropped the digat fruit from his explanation. There were blinks from her as she looked at him sharply, trying to process what he said to her. How complicated was that? Vision opened her mouth to reply, but the words seemed to fumble from her mouth as she looked away, trying to recollect the thoughts, but they seemed to escape through her mind like vapor out of her hands. Occasionally, she turned her head, with her finger pointed up as if to make a statement, but then would lose her thought and found herself thinking again. "So... You actually...." She looked at him and just nodded, trying to just accept what she knew. "I see, I think..."

Society was definitely different to the islanders it seemed. Vision could never imagine herself giving her virginity on a whim just to be accepted. What the heck happened to doing it after one's married anyway? It was a bit scandalous to do that wasn't it? Then again, Vision thought back to Genesis and her circle of friends would had it plenty of times. But that was more for the presence of doing it as a social thing. When he kissed her, Vision was looking at him with a slight confusion in her eyes. "So... wait a minute... Am I suppose to do the same thing? Or is there an exemption list or something?" She prayed so just because she couldn't think herself of doing that kind of ritual.

Dox looked into her eyes at the confusion and knew it was more than she could handle. Carefully he gathered her in his arms as he pulled her into his lap and hugged her reassuringly, his tail wrapping about her waist comfortingly as he gently rested his cheek against her soft hair. "An islander chooses who they think should become an islander, and for that reason trains them to become one but it isn't always in such a way. Some male islanders have taken no more than boys and girls shipwrecked on the island as their sons and daughters, to carry on their name with pride while some female islanders do the same with boys and girls but acts of the sexual nature are very open. If one has an attraction to a woman, he may chose to ask for her hand, and if she favors him he may spend the next several years sleeping by her side. When Islanders grow apart, it is a mutual decision and they are still close knit as friends but the act of making love depends on the couple. I can't tell you how we court because it's not just an event for males. Females openly ask for the attentions of males as well, but both court in a manner that's both playful and incredibly exciting and strenuous. If it goes well then they become lovers, if not or the other finds no interest they separate and look for others. If they both feel for each other then they may circumvent courting but few do."

It didn't really answer her question the way she would have liked to hear it, but Vision just sighed, accepting the answer, and tried to collect her thoughts. Still, the idea of it all seemed a bit much for her. There was no way that she could just say yes if some guy asked her in that manner. She would either call him mad or just give him a beating even for the suggestion. Not like she had many suitors to begin with. 'Beggars can't be choosers.' Genesis had said to her sometimes, as she had flaunted with many men herself. It made Vision a bit sick to think about it that way.

Vision sucked on her lips slightly as the taste of the digat were left from her lips. She just needed to distract her mind for now, but feeling his body so close against her made her feel so helpless. She sighed contently, and just enjoyed it for a while. That was until she began to have a thought that made her snap back from cloud nine. "Umm..." She looked up and him, then placed both of her hands against his chest and pushed herself away from him slightly. "H-how about we go for a walk!? It's such a nice day outside!" She stated, and stood up and went to her bags. She was happy that her back was turned from him so that he wouldn't see her turn red like a tomato.

Dox looked as if he should have question marks floating around his head with the way she was reacting to common knowledge. In his mind sex and the like of intimate relations were as normal as the rise and fall of the sun, and passion can burn as bright as white fire or cool with the coming night depending on who was involved so he didn't quite understand her reaction. It also didn't help that islanders were quite open with the idea of saying who they had been with and the affection they had once shared with another islander but he realized that her society might have been incredibly sheltered given their reactions to a simple boar. Her suggestion to walk was very appealing though as he swept the peelings and seeds up and took them outside a little ways from the house to a compost pile. When he returned, he found his sandles and laced them up his ankle to keep them comfortable yet snugly fitting as he plucked his new little friend up into his arms and went outside into the sunlight.

He thought for a moment with her still in his arms before his tail picked up her bag with all her drawing equipment within and held it while he made his way out into the sun. "You can only walk on the path for a little bit today Vision, and then I'll have to carry you until you get used to the way it shifts. Until then it's dangerous and you can easily twist your ankle or worse step in a nest of something that bites." The path he spoke of that led to his house was now sunlit and sported holes of varying depth everywhere with rocks scattered here and there. He was able to pick his way down and though with total ease and found a less rocky section with fewer holes for her to try to walk though. "Watch the holes. Many are abandoned and have nothing in them but some have dwellers within." Dox shouldered her bag, and squatted beside a hole before his tail wriggled it's way in and popping back out quickly. Scuttling directly behind it and snapping it's pincers was a fairly large and oddly enough dark red colored crab, and upon finding Dox towering over it scuttled right back into it's hole.

Visions made a mental note to herself to learn how to trend in the rain forest as fast as she could. It wasn't that she disliked being carried by him, possibly to her secret delight, she enjoyed it, but she rather remain more independent than subservient. She voiced her opinion out loud even as she was placed down, "I really wish I didn't need to be carried all the time, I'm a woman, I can walk." She said without irritance in her voice, but managing to stay firm to her statement. She gained determination by being guided by his hand. She learned to be so, as one had to be more thick skinned in the rich world. She took a deep breath as she stared along the stony path before her. The floor seemed stable, and Vision couldn't see any dangers that would befall her if she trended on the path.

Still, she took his words at heart, and took a step into the path. It didn't seem so unsteadily to her for a few steps until she took one forward, found that her foot that was still on the ground suddenly either collided with her foot, or the stone against her's. Vision gasped as she instantly tried to get footing once again. Her heart raced fast as she found herself balanced once again, an started to walk, trending even more carefully. However, only two steps later, the dirt shifted once more, lurching her forward as she stumbled on the ground. She landed on her stomach, her eyes looking straight at a red crab in front of her, as it snapped its pincer at her. It missed since Vision had quickly drawn away, and in retaliation, kicked the crab back in its hole.

"This is... alot harder than I thought..." She mumbled, as she sat up from the floor.

Dox nodded in acceptance, even though he didn't voice the fact that he dearly loved the feel of her warm body nestled against his own tan hide but understood her desire to walk without being babied. And he studiously stood by as his new little friend attempted to step forward only to nearly fall, but recover. Though it didn't take her long to actually trip and almost have her nosed pinched by a crab before kicking it back into it's hole. Dox didn't giggle at the little battle, even though the urge was almost uncontrollable as he scooped her up to sit in the crook of his left arm and patted some of the dirt from her dress and leg smiling that he hadn't made a stain in the action. Stepping forward, Dox moved at a much slower and measured pace so she could watch where his feet fell and how exactly he chose a path amongst the chaos of the uneven, hole filled, and rocky path. "You can step on rocks that are firm, but the ones that appear to have lines around them and don't sit snugly in the ground aren't save." He stepped on one just to show her and his foot sank along with the rock a good foot but he maintained his balance and hopped onto a safe one. "The same goes for the grass, if you can see the dirt packed then it's ok to step on but if there's short grass it's not. Long grass is safe to step on because the roots ensure that even if you do sink it won't be by much."

Dox plucked a twig from the ground with his tail, and waved it through the tall grass only to have a viper hiss and bite it. The snake hadn't let go in time before Dox yanked it up by the stick then let go of the end and snatched it out of the air at the neck with his right hand. He angled the grab to press his thumb into the back of the snakes head to help keep it's head for jerking about and squeezed firmly enough to keep it from escaping. "Long things like lurking in long grass, so I'd stay away from it for now until you learn how to look for snakes." He showed her the snake, which hissed and bared it's fangs but could do little else. "This one is fairly deadly, but we have few snakes that don't carry a venom. It's young, so getting bitten by it would have been bad because young ones empty their venom when they bite in fear. Older ones may bite and only push a bit of venom or none at all depending on it's mood." The snake wasn't to happy with it's situation, and had curled around Dox's arm so he pulled his arm back and wrapped his tail around the end of the snake to uncoil it. "When you throw a snake away, you throw it by the head and tail so it won't wrap around you when you make the toss. If it does, it'll swing back and bite you." Dox demonstrated by tossing it away with his tail and hand to send the snake hissing into the woods.

"Snakes... I probably should've brought long shoes then." Vision noted, as she just glared back at the snake as it looked at her. She waved it goodbye as it was sent for out into the forest. So short grass was a no go, and yet tall grass held snakes. It was the perfect lose-lose situation, so that only left Vision the options for the rocks. She looked down at the ground, noticing the small, subtle lines on some of the rocks. She poked her foot at it, as the rock seemed to shutter and move under her foot before she withdrew her leg, causing the rock to sit more motionless. Vision smiled, then took a leap at another rock, making sure to first look to see if it was a trapped on. She landed safely on it, and almost smiled to herself as she stood up. "Okay, This isn't so bad."

After a few moments, Vision was starting to have fun. 'Don't step on the cracks else you'll fall and break your back.' The childish song seemed to play in her head as she moved from small rock to small rock. While she didn't possess the natural agility of the animal within her like Dox, she seemed to be catching on quickly to the subtle behaviors of the forest. She was laughing, and didn't pay attention to the next rock as she came back at him. Her foot landed on one that had lines along the spine. it rumbled, causing Vision to lose balance and stumble forward. Luckily, she managed to step off that rock and onto a safe on that Dox was standing on, and landing against his chest as if it was some hard cushion.

Dox smiled when she landed right against him and hugged her, patting her on top of the head affectionately before turning her around and hoping a on a rock to the side and then out in front. Dox hopped onto some dirt, and stood smiling as he pointed down at it. "The solidly packed stuff is ok to hop on as well, but if there's rain it becomes incredibly slick so if wet try to avoid them." Dox moved forward as either foot bounced easily off of the nearest safe areas and sometimes in grass and dirt. He stopped and glanced at the ground before he literally caught her in mid jump and hugged her against his frame once more as he leaned down to rest his chin on her right shoulder. Looking forward his tail curled forward to point ahead of them at two patches of long grass that was directly in front of them. "The patch on the left has a crab in it, and the one on the right is empty."

A breeze picked up, and with the wind blowing and the blades swaying a small circle could be seen in the middle of the left path with blades of grass surrounding only swaying slightly while in the other the whole thing moved with the wind. Scooping her into his arms, Dox hopped over to stand in the grass to the right and looked down at the crab pinching up at the air. "Little circles usually means crabs, but I can show you the difference between a crab and a rock that's landed in the center of one, or even if a bird has decided to make it's home in the grass and has a nest there." Smiling he picked her up and hopped his way down an incredible distance of the trail in a matter of moments and set her down on a forest trail that was crisscrossed with the tree roots of the ancient giants.

Vision looked up in wonder as the tallest trees seemed to expand taller than houses and multi-story buildings. The truck of the tree was abnormally huge too, as Vision touched against the rough bark of the tree. "Trees are the eco-system of a jungle." She said, saying it as if it was a statement from a book (Which she got it from). The sounds of birds fluttering overhead and the creaking of other animals seemed to illuminate the jungle with life, even though they couldn't be seen. Quickly, Vision took out her sketch pad from her bag, a bit surprised and embarrassed that Dox remembered to bring such a thing with her. She scrolled through the used drawings, pausing a moment to see the drawing of Dox before going onto a fresh page.

A pencil in hand, she began her magical work of art. She didn't draw the whole tree, as it was way to big for her to simply put such a beautiful thing on a single piece of paper. Instead, Vision was looking closely at the bark of the tree, where a camouflaged piece of off-scenery was resting on the bark. However, it seemed to flip it's wings up and down, revealing it to be a butterfly that had brown spots on it's wings that mimicked the tree's surface. It was fascinating for her, and she was eager to quickly get an outline of the insect before it could fly away. However it did before she could get a good look at it. Vision watched it flutter away, not upset at all that she could get a decent sketch. All the while, she was smiling. "It's so beautiful here..."

Dox smiled at his little friend, and gently taking her hand within his own he led her down the paths made by the trees through the jungle. All around birds, monkey's, and insects could be heard going about the daily routines of life as he pointed here and there once at a monkey in mid flight as it swung through the trees and again at a Leopard lying on an enormous branch and watching them through yellow eyes as it's tail dangled from the tree with only the very tip twitching oddly. Everywhere there you could see color from the birds to the flower and even whole trees themselves as Dox stepped up to a mango tree and felt a few of the fruits before plucking three ripe, plump ones down. He gave all of them to Vision, and smiled for a moment before scooping her up within his arms to carry her up. The trees were so grown out, he could literally hop up them and higher and higher up into the canopy until he found a nice spot at the center of a huge Digat tree.

Here, an open spot allowed sunlight to stream in and light the area as literally hundreds of parrots pranced about eating at the Digat and squawking at the presence of new comers. Dox settled back against the trunk and placed Vision safely in his lap as he watched the colorful birds strut about territorially and bob their heads up and down seeming to do a little dance. Taking a mango, Dox easily tore it in half which covered his hands in the sticky fragrant juice before leaning forward and placing his left hand flat on the tree limb and his right hand up with half of the fruit dripping juice down to the jungle floor. One brave Parrot strut it's way up the limb towards them before bending down and licking at his hand oddly with a quick black tongue. It's beak snapped as it closed before it began strutting up his arm and all the way up nibbling at vision's ear before going onto his shoulders and walking across. The bird walked along Dox's other arm and when it came to the fruit began eating earnstly. Taking the other half of the fruit in his left hand Dox leaned back once more and held his arms up as after but a few seconds many of the birds landed on his arm and even began knocking others off squawking to get at the mango's Some bobbed up and down in their little dance to challenge others while some simply dipped down to have a nibble while others flapped their wings at each other until one fell and the winner nibbled at the fruit.

It was amazing. The tree grew so tall that Vision almost felt the air begin to thin. Either that she was took impressed with the scenery that it took her breath away. The sun rays filtered through the forest top as if beams of light broke through the clouds on a rainy day. It seemed to perfect a picture, and if any artist would come and gaze their eyes upon this place, they would find their muse. Just then, Vision noted his action watched a bird flocked to him. She didn't dare move in case her unknown presence would scare the birds away, so she kept herself still. However the bird came up to her for a moment and nipped at her ear, causing her to giggle as the parrot flapped its wings a little bit and moved away toward the food. It was a beautiful scene, as then the birds gained the same courage, or drive for food and mobbed at Dox.

Vision giggled, as one bird, after finishing its share, turned to look at her. It bobbed his head up and down for a moment, and then fluttered his wings toward her, perching itself on her shoulder. Vision turned to look at the bird, as the parrot butted its nose against hers. Vision laughed, and gently eased the bird onto her hand. She was enjoying the little company, but soon, she herself found herself with more little feathery friends, as a couple landed on her head, and others on her arms. She laughed, a bit crowded as she tried to keep herself close to Dox so she wouldn't fall, while at the same time trying not to move.

Dox smiled, enjoying the sound of Vision's laughter and the antics of the parrots. Suddenly, he shook sending the birds squawking away and expertly tossed the chunks of mango left farther down the tree. The parrots fell on the fruits much in the same manner, but a few had decided to stay with Dox and his little friend. One in particular seemed to enjoy prancing around on Dox's head and nibbling at his flickering ears every now and then while others hopped along the tree branch to bend down and lick at his still sticky fingers. Leaning down, he nuzzled Visions head for a moment before the bird decided to switch perches and went to her head instead. Even though the birds seemed to have quite a bit of energy to spare, eventually they began to calm down reveling a side that normally was never known.

Some could be seen carefully pairing up with the opposite sex and nuzzling them, while others hopped back to a nest nearby to settle down for an afternoon nap and still others bobbed about and flapping their wings at each other in challenge. The bird on Visions head decided to migrate back to Dox's head and seemed to be arranging his hair into a comfortable nest before lying down in it. Dox wriggled his ears and felt little nips being placed on them before the bird settled down and felt as if it had fallen asleep their. In stead of shaking it loose, he settled himself for just a bit to enjoy the warmth of his little friend's soft back against his chest and the rays of sunlight peaking through the top of the canopy.

Vision didn't really know what happened. For a moment, she was just play with the parrots, at least with one of them that happened to stay with her as the others returned back to their daily lives. Eventually, even that one pecked lightly against her nose and took off in the air. Sketch pad in hand, Vision began to draw the birds. Using her gift both in hand and memory, she traced the outlines of the bird, but something happened that made her stop. She didn't know what it was, since it could have been the warm air around her, or perhaps the atmosphere, but she found herself sleepy. With her notepad placed upon her lap, an incomplete drawing nestled on the page, Vision leaned back, relaxing against Dox's body.

Perhaps that was what made it so comforting. His body was no pillow, as it was as hard as a rock, and not even the cool side of the pillow, but it was still warm and inviting. The sunlight had wane away from their bodies, so they stood in the shade of the canopy, but the beams of sunlight still lit the area in a fantastic glow. Vision closed her eyes, as her head rested against his chest. A hand reached up beside her face, touching over his heart. "Dox..." She whispered in her daze, as her breathing grew slow. Her lips parted a little bit, as the sounds of the jungle seemed to lull her to rest.

Dox heard her voice his name softly as he felt her rest against her and slowly drifted to sleep. The bird that was nestled in his hair had flown off, and carefully he collected his lovely little friend within his arms and leaned back into the natural curve of the three trunk sighing at the feel of the smooth bark against his back. Very gently, Dox carefully turned her so she was lying down on top of him in a more comfortable position and leaned down to nuzzle her head before kissing hit softly and gently holding her in his arms before his own breathing began to become relaxed. Dox had napped in this very same spot before, and yet it seemed so much more beautiful and heartfelt with Vision nestled against his chest and sleeping the way she was. He listened to the soft sound of her breathing for what seemed to be quite a while as his body relaxed and his tail found it's way wrapped lovingly around the arm closest to her mouth and nose. Every breath set a warm wave over his tail which further relaxed him until his head dipped, and once more he nuzzled her head gently enjoying the softness of her against his body and the warm scent that felt as if it might put him into a dreamy coma.

Eventually, Dox succumbed to the soft warmth of his little friend and he fell asleep with her on top of him and his arms wrapped lovingly around her middle. Even in his sleep his hands would gently rub her back, and whenever she stirred he would open his eyes sleepily and look at her with loving affection to be sure she was comfortable once more before nuzzling her head once more and settling down into the comfortable nap. The day had become incredibly hot, but their spot amongst the trees and the shade they were in made it a perfect place to nap off the most intense heat of the day. When quite a length of time had passed, Dox was roused by a gentle breeze before yawning sleepily and looking down at the sleeping form of his new friend. His head dipped, and he coaxed her very softly and lovingly from slumber with a gentle nuzzle and a soft purr that issued from deep within his chest that consisted of the pure pleasure he felt from sleeping with her against his own body.

"But daddy! I want to know where she is!"

"I told you, I don't know, and I don't suggest we go out and look for her without an escort. I sent word to the nearby islanders to grant us one of their men to take us around so we can find her." Vision's father tried to ease her daughter's desires. They sat in the living room quarters, if one would call it that. Though to Genesis, her bathroom was bigger than this so called 'room'.

"Hmph. Make him get here faster. The sooner we find her, the faster we can go home." She stated, taking an angered yet still elegant drink of her tea.

"Now dear, we have it so we'll return after a week. I'm sure Vision is smart enough not to do anything reckless until then. Then we'll go back and find you a good husband to share this island with during your summer." He tried to ease her to no real avail.

'Oh, I have my eyes on one already...' She thought to herself.

************​

When Vision stirred, she opened her eyes to see Dox look upon her lovingly. She smiled back, as she tried to retrace the wonderful dream she had. It was one of those wonderful kinds that after you awoke, you just forgot what it was about. However, Vision knew it was good since she felt refreshed and invigorated by the nap. "Mmm... How long was I asleep?" She pushed herself up from the tree branch and looked around. The parrots have gone, perhaps moved to some feeding ground. She felt a little out of balance for some reason, and tipped over a little bit over the edge which caused her to moves closer to Dox. When she looked up at him, she smiled sheepishly and hid her embarrassment by butting her forehead against his collar. "What a lovely day. But it seems like it's already the afternoon." She noted. She knew he wanted to show her many things this day, but she had fallen asleep for who-knows how long, probably ruining any other plans that he wanted to make with her.

Dox smiled when she scooted closer to him and butted her head against him, bringing her into a soft hug before kissing the top of her head. "It is more comfortable to lurk about the jungle in the morning, afternoon or evenings due to the heat and humidity. It can get incredibly hot, and I've napped in this spot more than a few times myself." He hugged her once more, smiling gently as he whispered to her. "But I have to admit never so comfortably." Dox had never met someone with the softness and wonderful warmth that Vision possessed, and loved the time they spent together in this type of closeness even if it meant he couldn't show her some of the things he had wanted her to see. In a perfect world, he could coax her to stay here with him and live everyday to see the wonders that the island had to offer her but Dox's heart sank at the idea that he would have her so close against his own body for a mere few weeks. It was true that he was no foreigner to grief and sorrow, looking back into his murky past and some of the darker times weathered within his soul, but her warmth seemed to wash that all away and he sighed happily giving her another gentle squeeze as he smiled happily.

If someone were to tell him that his happiness with his new little friend could be snatched away in an instant, the mere threat of something like that happening would have driven him into an ungodly rage. But two things occurred within the span of a few seconds that made that into truth. Like all of his kind and kin, Dox smelled a fellow islander before he actually saw her, but the second she landed nimbly at the end of the branch it felt as if his chest had been kicked in. He knew instantly by the pose of her body she had come to bear him a message, and knew too exactly what that message was reading the slight agitation on her face. The woman seemed to be a dream thing that men fantasized about and had decided to step into reality with the perfect bronze tan and the curved body that would turn every head. The same wild look Dox had within his own eyes danced within her's and as she looked into his eyes he saw them grow sad but it no where near reflected what he felt.. Instinctively Dox hugged Vision closer to his body as if to protect her, which only made the woman's look of sorrow grow deeper as she walked along the branch as easily as on sand.

"Forgive me Dox but I've..." Was the only thing she managed as his head suddenly dipped to rest against his little friends shoulder warily. He wanted it to be a lie, but knew that she had come to collect his friend, and his voice was mixed in equal amounts of anger and sorrow as he replied. "Go." Was his only reply, and thought Dox hadn't seen it her pity had caused her eyes to tear as she dropped from the tree branch to vanish into the jungle. He hugged Vision with every ounce of affection and care he had, shaking very gently as he tried his best to find his voice was having trouble speaking clearly. "Your parents have sent for you. I can read my fellow Islanders as easily as a trail, and can tell the annoyance your sister and father leave in their wake if you could ever call those people by such cherished words." He was angry, and sad, and even shook gently at the feeling of helplessness for handing her back over to those cowards and uncaring fools. "Forgive me vision for failing to show you the things that I was meant to." A single tear he could not blink away drifted down his left cheek to land softly against her own

Back
Top Bottom