Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Paradise Falls... A getaway with a lurker in the jungle

Dox's tail stopped bobbing and fluffed out almost instantly at the blatant avoidance of his accusation. There wouldn't have been a problem to begin with if she hadn't sent her bodyguard to follow him or her little sister, and on top of that she honestly thought she had an advantage or that something out of the ordinary protected her from him simply reaching over to snap her neck. He wanted to rush her, show her just for an instant what she was dealing with and just how much leverage she really had against him but he calmed almost as fast as he had been brought into a rage. "A business woman..... If you are such a thing then tell me what was the value of abandoning your sister to the island when the boar presented itself to your small group. I'd also like to know where was your valued that you claim guards her when he was no where to be found when you were actually in danger and when his supposed second ward went running into the jungle after the boar was taken with a spear." Dox knew he was carving neatly into the woman's ego but felt the need to drive the message as deep as possible to warn her. "Odd how with all of your money you can't even command loyalty from those who serve you. But it matters little. I will leave, but you have my oath and invitation. Should you chose to insult me openly by having me followed again, then I suggest your either find a measure of spine and explain yourself or expect to see those greed driven men you claim to be guard you flee when they learn their lives are worth more than the money you pay them."

He rose and seemed to make for the door before he suddenly turned back to her and leaned over since she was sitting down until his forehead nearly brushed hers. "I don't want to think you don't care for your sister. I honestly think that you have more soul than what you've shown and more of a heart than you allows others to see." His ears drooped sadly as he straightened and made for the door before he opened it and held the door frame with his right hand before turning back. "It grieves me to think Vision who has been nothing but kind to me must suffer when a loved one could care for her. I will vanish within whatever woods or jungle presents itself should that make you feel safer but please do not send others to watch me. I doubt you'll ever understand what it's like to hunt or to have another hunt you, it's impossible to explain how disturbing or enraging it is. Forgive me if I've disturbed your evening, Good night Genesis and my your dreams be pleasant.

The man-creature stood up to her. Something that no one dared to do to her, ever. Except maybe her sister, but even then she knew her place to her, and often just kept quiet if there was no question to the moral of her action. Genesis was used to that sort of thing. So she would be lying if she said that Dox's outburst didn't upset her. Still, however, her mind kept a positive outlook in spite of her anger. She knew he had the guts to stand up to her, and that was something she could get attached to. She didn't answer Dox, since his departure would just end the conversation there anyway. Besides, she desired her beauty sleep. She believed she had a rough day on the island, and it was time that she went back to her old way of living for quite some time. "And a fair night to you too, Dox. I'll see you in the morning." And with that, she closed the door behind him.

Before she went to bed, however, she couldn't help but notice how close he was to her. She could see why he was so handsome. Rugged, yet clean and strong all at the same time. It was enough to send shivers down her spine. Her plan would unfold on schedule, and she'll get what she wanted. After all, she always did.

**********​

(I assume we'll just move to the next morning ^^;)

Vision was up early the next morning. The sun was barely peeking out of the horizon as she stood against the railings once again. This place among the boat seemed to be a good friend of her's. The cold breeze required that Vision wear a jacket and a pair of pajama pants on her legs to venture out in the morning. Breakfast would be served within the next couple of hours or so, and only the crew that were designated for the night shift were still up, leaving Vision to dwell alone on the boat. Perhaps in the next hour, she'll gather the courage to go and wake Dox up, but for now, she decided to let him sleep. He seemed to enjoy the soft sheets, and it would be a crime to take that away from him just because she was bored.

Genesis wouldn't be up until breakfast started, and her father wouldn't be up until an hour after that. It seemed like her family loved to sleep in, while she, the black sheep of the herd, would rise with the sun, just like her mother and Dox did. Her mind drifted off to her dream, which was both pleasant and scary. She dreamed that she was back in the hot spring, reliving the events that took place except for the vital difference that they both were naked, and were sharing intimacy that snapped her from her sleep and almost gave her a heart attack. Why was Dox affecting her in her dreams as well? She never thought of boys or anything in that matter to feel so real.

Without his little friend sleeping at his side within his own room, Dox rose with the sun as he had always when living alone on the island. Curling instinctively into a tighter ball in the soft warm bed he felt a pang of longing for his soft fuzzy blanket and the slow swing of his hammock but most of all he missed the warmth of Vision snuggled close against his chest that he had grown deeply attached to. His mind still swirled somewhat darkly at the concept of her sister openly plotting against him but it mattered little so long as Vision was safe. His nose twitched as he sniffed the air ever so gently and could still smell her scent from his body that had rubbed onto the bed during his sleep, and snuggled down farther with a smile and little sounds of contentment coming from him. Sniffing at the air, Dox caught her scent and smiled at the freshness of it knowing that his little love was already up and about. Crawling out of the bed on all fours, he stretched mightily on the floor yawning and slowly popping every bone down his spine and tail before standing. Finding his bag, he took out one of the few pairs of cloths to change into which included a pair of somewhat rough looking shorts and oddly enough what looked like a silk sage green shirt that hugged his frame flushly before exiting.

He was pleased to find no trace of the Genesis's servant around aside from old scent trails that led no where near his quarters. Though he was somewhat irked about finding a newer trail leading down the hall near Vision's room but he calmed himself as he sought to find his friend. The spot he found her in was magnificent as he looked out across the ocean and the rising sun before sneaking up silently behind her and hugging her affectionately around the waist. "Good morning Vision. He greeted happily before unlacing his arms and holding onto the rail and enjoying the view with her. Oddly enough even though he was in shorts and a shirt that only covered him and left nothing to the imagination he did not shiver in the cold breeze as his tail wagged behind him as he took in the scent of the clean ocean.

Vision didn't even notice the shadow that loomed behind her. Her thoughts had dragged her away to a far off place, that not even the wind that rushed into her face couldn't distress her sight. So she was surprised when a pair of strong arms wrapped around him, pulling her from her daydreams and back into Dox's arms with a small gasp, noting how often that seemed to occur these days. The smell of his body pervaded her senses, and she was helpless. The night seemed so cold without him next to her, but now, it seemed that the sun got warmer. She sighed contently to herself as she relaxed her body, and felt her back press against his chest. "Good morning, Dox." She said to him as they watched the scenery for a moment before Vision opened her mouth to speak. "Did you sleep well?"

She tried to not look at him, even though she couldn't turn around or escape anyway, she felt that looking at him, she would lose something important. Perhaps her resolve, or maybe her barrier to keep him away at an arm's distance. Even though they already crossed those lines on the latter anyway. However, she did allow the touch of his body against her jacket, her hand happened to slip underneath one of his hands, nestling itself comfortably under his rough palm. "Are you cold? I could give you my jacket if you want." She offered. She didn't know if Dox was use to the weather over a single night, and she grew nervous about how exactly he would cope in a more urban setting.

Dox's ears perked up a bit as he concentrated, the wind disrupting a good part of his sometimes painfully sharp hearing but luckily they were alone there for the moment, and he enjoyed the warmth of his little love as he watched the beauty she was enjoying. He did not fail to notice the way her hand seemed to snuggle closer under his palm for warmth, and carefully he dipped his head to nuzzle her warm hair before murmuring to her with only a bit of sleepiness but low enough that even if the wind weren't blowing so hard he wouldn't be heard. "I slept well enough, but I missed your warmth." Hugging her even closer, his nuzzled his soft ear into her temple and even against her own ear before continuing. "Of all the thing's I've seen and the food I've eaten I do believe your starting to spoil me." He nipped the upper part of her earlobe very gently with prickly teeth before smiling and straightening up to view the fresh ocean with her still snugly wrapped within his embrace. "Your warmth is very welcome in this cold, but I have lived in colder. The mountains on the main island have blizzards and snow storms that sometimes rage as viciously as the sea storms. I am use to it but I prefer warmth to cold."

Dox sighed suddenly as he thought back to the previous night and acknowledged the dull ache in his head from the irritability he had did his absolute best to contain. "Your sister reminds me of a serpent that was highly vicious and tried to claim more territory then it could ever hope to hold. It thought itself so superior that it attacked a mongoose out of spite when the creature was passing through and was killed and eaten. I spoke with her last night about sending that servant on my trail and stalking me but she was content in throwing the blame on me for mishandling her employee." He sighed and blew on of the whispy unruly hairs on the very top of visions head that didn't seem to want to go down before continuing. "I didn't even break anything or scare him too badly but I guess it can't be helped with Genesis. Hopefully she'll leave us in peace for a little while in your home. I'd like to explore your world with you without having to act like a hunted animal.... That has a tendency of ending badly."

Vision turned her head to him, and bit surprised that her sister would do such a thing as send a stalker after Dox. It wasn't the first time this kind of thing happened, but she never would imagine it'd happen so soon. Her sister's actions grew a bit tiresome, but still, Vision believes that Genesis believes she's doing what's right. Perhaps for her own sake, but still right. If Genesis was a snake, what did that make her? Vision managed to turn herself around so that she could look up at Dox without straining her neck. "Try not to be so hard on her. She's just doing what she thinks is best I suppose..." She mumbled the last two words and rested her head against his chest. Her palms were placed upon his chest beside her head as she closed her eyes, as if willing away the anxiety in his heart.

"Don't worry about it though, back home. Things are a bit different. As long as you don't break any laws or rules, no one will do anything. Besides, I'll be here with you, so don't worry." She tended to his nerves by whispering to his heart, as if that alone could ease the hot blood in his veins. Somehow, Visions hands curled beneath his arms, and wrapped up so that she braced herself against his back 'Try not to think about the bad things, or else they always will happen.' That was the food for thought her mother always gave her when Vision did not want to go somewhere, or was scared. It always helped her.

"Miss Vision."

Vision immediatly pulled away from Dox, and turned to the side to see one of the sailors approach her. Like most of the other workers on the boat, he was well trained and was tall with the same crew cut as all the others have. His eyes looked at her and nodded his head. "We reached sight of the mainland. We'll be docking pretty soon." He informed her.

Vision could tell he was looking not at her eyes, but the flushed red look on her cheeks, and the stray strands of hair on her head. "Um- Yes, of course. Thank you, Max. Could you tell my sister and father?" She asked, trying to get rid of his presence as fast as she could to save herself the embarrassment.

"Of course, Miss. I'll go right away." He bowed his head, and took a look at Dox for a moment before he walked into the corridors. He didn't give him a harsh look, but it was the stern face of his that he gave everyone. His opinions hidden beneath the cloth of his sleeves.

"Well, it seems like we're home earlier than I thought." Vision said, trying to smile at Dox. The rise of anxiety that she was trying to suppress herself was inevitable. "It'll be a good twenty minutes, so we should get ready."

Dox smiled gently at his little loves reaction to being caught red handed showing him affection. Oh how he missed the beautiful blush that seemed to highlight her loveliness every time she seemed to feel embarrassed over the smallest of things. Following her back with his tail wagging behind him, it must have been an incredibly odd sight to behold as he seemed to be a happy pet following it's master faithfully. When he reached her room, Dox found his gauntlets, boots, and armor undisturbed and easily donned them once more before replacing his pack easily onto his back considering how weightily it looked. For just a few moments Dox vanished to find the only weapon he seemed to carry aside from metal that covered his fists, but oddly enough he used it more as a walking stick with the long bright spear point catching every little detail of light that it caught on it's polished surface. He waited patiently for his little love to gather her possessions and was prepared to take them when a knocking came at the door. This time he answered it, which might not have been the best thing seeing as his head just barely brushed the ceiling of the door and his frame left no room to slip by. He looked down at the with a quizzical look on his face before one of them pointed at the bags.

It was then Dox stepped aside and watched them walk warily by him to collect her packed things before vanishing with a quickness. He was blushing furiously as he realize just how imposing he looked standing there looking down at them with the spear in his hand. "I may need to find a hiding spot for my spear and armor. It seems there are few who have an adequate spinal column or a measure of stability." He looked down at his armor, which was crafted to fit over him so perfectly that there was little difference between it's definition and his own physical one. Poking at his stomach with his free left index finger he then poked his hip before looking at her. "Do you think I'm to big for this land?" He asked with that same quizzical look on his face but this time his head tilted ever so slightly to the side as his ears twitched. It was quite possible he could have been mistaken for some kind of dog hybrid given the resemblance to a confused mutt he now exhibited.

Vision looked at him for a moment, then started laughing. She though how silly he was, but then again, he probably hadn't been around many other humans to really judge just how big he was. "I-'m sorry. It's just that... You know, you stand out." Which served as a reminder to Vision just how much he did. Other people aren't used to seeing a giant of a man, let alone white hair and animalistic features. They wouldn't say anything bad in her face, but she feared otherwise that they begin thinking he was some sort of freak. There wasn't a logical excuse to explain him, but was it necessary? Vision had to consider Dox's feelings. After all, the pride of a man goes deep.

Vision had change quickly since the arrival of the baggage boys stepped in. She disrobed herself of her jacket and pajamas, and slipped on a part of flare jeans and a short white dress on top of it with tan colored tassels along the edge of the dress. It was rather casual looking for something on the high end of society, but Vision was a bit more practical than most who wore heels to a marathon. White chanel shoes on her feet, she came up to Dox and looked at the spear in his hands before taking it herself gingerly. "I'll just say I got it as an antique. No one will know anyway." She smiled at him. "The armor, just put it in one of my spare bags in the closet. You could just wear what you had in the morning until we get to our house. Then we can find some clothes..." She looked up and down Dox and realized another dilemma. There were probably no suitable clothes for him to wear in the city. And it wasn't like stores had fashion linings for someone his size.

"Hurry up, sister! Dox! We're going to be late!" Genesis called to them in between her orders to carry this or carry that to the men.

"There's nothing to be late for!" Vision called back. She readjusted the strap on her shoulders that carried some of the bags. Even though the sailors offered, Vision felt she needed to keep her own weight, even if it's just a small part of it. Aside from that, her sketch books were in her own personal bags. She looked up at Dox. "Don't worry about a thing. We'll figure something out." Stepping off the boats, there were little fanfare to greet them since her father made sure that the press wouldn't start taking pictures of them. Vision's father was rather skeptical about the media, and he certainly didn't want any stories involving him buying the heiress her own island. Awaiting them, there were three long limousine, the chauffeur of the first one bowed his hat at her father as he stepped inside. Then, Genesis took her own limousine, leaving Vision and Dox to take the last one.

"Don't ask me why. My father prefers we all have our own source of transportation." She explained as she waved at the chauffeur dressed in black and white. "Good morning Raz."

The pale old man tipped his hat. "Welcome back, Miss Vision. I hope your trip went well... And who is this?" he asked looking at Dox with raised eyebrows.

"A good friend. Genny wanted to take him along." She explained, and that was enough for him, as he nodded his head and opened the door for the two to enter. "Mind your step Miss. Mind your head sir." He said. Once they got in, with a bit of trouble from Dox who was a bit too big for a normal car, he shut the door, and began to follow the other two limousines back to the mansion. The docks were right next to the commerce/business part of town. Thus, Vision began to explain a little bit about her own world, about economics, businesses, the way people run their daily lives, pretty much. Soon, they passed by the city, where tall skyscrapers blocked the sky except from above. Once again, Vision began telling him about city life, and where are the best places to eat, or hang out, or even go for shopping.

The drive took about an hour, but soon, they reached a lonesome hillside that was guarded by a high wall. Behind it, as they were passing by the driveway, lush green lawns stretched almost the length of a football field, leading up to a tall three story mansion. The design was based off old English, but the hybrid of modern architecture could be noted as they stopped right at the front door of the house.

Dox did sit in the vehicle hunched over for a few minutes before his curiosity got the best of him and he sat instead on the floor of the roomy moving thing and looked out the window about the new world. He knew of some of the things the others on the main island talked of but nothing of how it all worked, how one built as high as mountains and how the thing he was in now rumbled gently and moved along on it's own accord. The sights didn't just impact him, but the smells did too unfortunately for as far as he was concerned the city smelt foul. He could see undisposed of garbage, dead things that had been left to rot for untold days, the smoke that billowed out of the cars and the unearthly dirty feeling he got smothered his sense of awe and gave him a bit more sense of the things about him. "There's lot's of neat things here... but they smell far from pleasant." His ears flattened at the last statement before they pulled away from the bustle of more people than Dox had ever known in his entire lifespan.

Dox wasn't miffed by the smelly city for too long as they approached his little loves house, and smiled with pleasure as his eyes ravaged the landscape. There was lots of nice neat grass, but few trees that actually produced fruit. And there were plenty of places to hide but what he really wondered was what those tiny little wriggling black things were that moved every now an then in the grass. It took him but a moment to scoop his little friend into his harms and point carefully out the window at what he was looking at. "What are those little black twisty things in the ground. There all an normal intervals and they all move at the same time.?

"It's no jungle for sure." Vision replied, "but you get used to it after a while I suppose." She said, but her voice was uncertain since she didn't understand how sensitive Dox's sense were, or how it affected him. She was pulled toward the window as he pointed out in the lawn at the cameras. "Those are security cameras. They let the guards know if someone enters the estate grounds, ad if they aren't allowed in, then they throw them out." She explained. "My father is rather particular with thieves and criminals." Yet another thing her sister and father had in common. They both were rather protective over their possessions.

The door of the car opened, and Raz escorted them out of the vehicle, already the servants were unloading the car of the baggage inside the front door. Vision's father walked inside, instructing for lunch to be made as well as ordering them to take the luggage to their rooms. GEnesis immediately approached the two of them, and hooked her arm around Dox's. "Now Dox, I'd like to introduce you to our home. Please make yourself comfortable, and you can always ask me if you need anything. I should introduce you to your room..."

"Umm, I think it'll be better if I do so." Vision interjected. Genesis gave her a small scowl as Vision pointed out. "My room is closer to the guest rooms." With that, Genesis reluctant let him go.

"Oh very well. Remember, Dox, just call me if you need anything." She waved him goodbye and retired inside the house.

Vision sighed as she looked at Dox and tried to give him a soft smile. "Come on, let me show you to your room." Taking his hand, she led him inside where the main foyer greeted them in a golden base while marble tiles and a crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling. The room was just as large if not larger than most hotels, and the walls were littered with different hallways and doors that led to the separate wings of the mansion. Vision took him to the west wing, where she stayed at, twisting this way and down this hall and pass this room, and with so many doorways and corridors, it's a wonder if someone didn't get lost along the way. Finally, Vision opened a double door which led into a large room on the second story. It was one of the better guestrooms since it was actually two rooms conjunction together with only a sliding door as a barrier. The first room was more or less a standard living room with its own entertainment system, while the second room was where the bed laid and door leading to the bathroom.

"It's not much, but I hope you can find yourself liking it here." Vision said.

Dox followed his little love obediently, carefully noting the branching hallways and other places yet to be explored within the gigantic home. There had to be over a hundred plus rooms in this man made monstrosity and Dox calmed his nervousness by falling into his basic training as an islander. He memorized exactly how to get to the front door from where he was, and when he entered the single room that was larger than his entire home he shook his head in wonder of how she hoped it would have been adequate. "This is adequate for an entire island of my people to live with enough room to be comfortable." Smiling he carefully bent down to wrap his arms around her and draw her into a warm affectionate hug. "This is more than I could have ever hoped for Vision, but what I'd like to know is where exactly do you live. I'm afraid it might be a bit of a lonely stay with the size of this home." His ears drooped a bit at the thought of not being able to sleep by the side of his little love, and worse yet was sleeping in such a strange house.

Nuzzling the top of her head, he carefully unraveled his arms from around her before moving over to one of the massive windows and looking outside into what looked like a garden. His ears perked at the faint hint of flowers and a bit fainter yet the smell of what could only have been an herb garden but with plants exotic to him and native to the colder clime. "Can we visit those gardens later? I smell something that's making my tail twitch." And twitch it did from the very tip to the base as he sniffed gently at the air.

Vision smiled and reached up to pet Dox behind the ears. It was a soft spot for most animals, and she wondered if it had the same effect on Dox. She went to the door to the hallway and pointed just three doors down the hallway, about forty feet away. The door stood out among the others because of a small ornament made of feathers, twine and beads. "My room is right there actually. The windows to my room see the stables." She said, explaining why her room was particularly far away from the other rooms. What she gave up in distance to the kitchen or the front door, she gained the sight of the animals she dearly loved. She tried not to think about the fact that his culture tended toward being so close to each other.

She went over to the window where the greenhouse was. A gardener was seen tending the flowers inside and the half-dead potted plants when Genesis went into a phase of flower arrangements. When she grew bored of the activity though, she left the potted plants around the house, so slowly, the gardener was retrieving them so that he can in hopes restore them. The herb garden was nearby the greenhouse, where the cooks go out and use their freshly grown ones in the kitchen. "Oh yes, of course. Here, we use different herbs that at the island, so I'll be happy to take you whenever you wish."

It was much different now since they had a guest staying with them. Vision would probably go back to her old seclusion in her room if she was alone, but with someone beside her, she had to show him around. Her nerves tingled from the change of pace, since it would also be a learning experience for her as well. She didn't get out as much as Genesis did in terms of the high night life. Vision preferred to zoos when Genesis rather go to a party.

Dox's ears were indeed sensitive as he tilted his head and rubbed them more intently into her wonderfully kind hands, that same deep rumbling purr escaping him as his ears flicked and wriggled at the attention. They perked up specifically at the mention of stables, and he hugged her so closely he was able to lift his little love off the ground and hold her affectionately against his chest. "Stables means horses. Lets go see the horses then. You should have said you liked them earlier as we have some on the islands. They are tiny ponies who have adapted to living there so they can't be ridden but they are nice to take care of and dearly loyal." It was simple to scoop her into his arms as he left the room and took a quick peak out of the hallway to make sure no one was looking as he made off with her as if he was kidnapping his friend. More than once Dox put fingers to her lips to keep her silent as he stopped and stepped off oddly to the side only to watch as a maids and butlers seemed to pass him in totally oblivious of his presence due to the angle he had stepped off to.

It didn't take long for him to find the nearest exit, and happily run her off towards the stables and smiling all the more as he hadn't caught any scents of passing people close by. When he did reach the stables he stopped and looked at the beautiful beasts with awe. Some were large enough to even carry him, which disturbed him somewhat as he couldn't see himself riding on any of the beasts back as some of the previous islanders had said they learned how to. What made his ears droop was the way many of the horses neighed and reared, trampling the ground nervously after catching his scent. He was a predator after all, and the other islanders had said they could sense predators better than any other creature that could be domesticated so after setting her down he looked about for the means of which his mistress had taught him to earn a beasts trust. He found an apple that had been set out for one reason or the other on a barrel, and after picking it up walked carefully up to a massive black stallion that didn't panic like the rest of them but merely snorted and stamped a hoof agitatedly. Easily he offered it the apple, and smiled as in sniffed his hand and arm first before nibbling and eating at the apple. "This ones big." Was all he could say as he watched the beast enjoy it's apple.

"He's a Salerno breed." Vision explained. "And his name is Sigurd." She added, admiring Dox's quick friendly behavior to him. Even she had to be careful around him since he was rather fussy and picky with his riders, and the others around him. However, he was vain, and proud, so she imagined that Dox's mere presence would even put Sigurd to rest, if not just to pay his respect. Vision went to the side of a female horse nearby, the mare looked over at Vision and almost seemed to glow as she drew near. This horse, though was frightened by Dox, saw only comfort from the girl. "Garnet here is a Swedish Warm." Sh extended her hand out and stroked the horse along the dark hairs and the red-brown pelt.

"I'm surprised though, Sigurd doesn't normally take well with strangers." Vision said after she butted her head lightly against Garnet's. "If you want, you can take him riding. He's not manageable by most people, but I think he'll take a liking to you. Isn't that right, Garnet?" She smiled at her horse. "Garnet would know, since they both are mates." The mare let out a soft grunt, as Vision nodded and laughed.

Dox felt bad for scaring her pony, but his ears quirked oddly at her words and he scratched at his chin a moment before replying shyly. "But I don't know how to ride." He replied honestly as his left hand crept up slowly and began stroking the stallion's neck in the same caring manner his little love was doing. The horse seemed to snort contentedly, dropping the respectful air about it slightly as it pawed at the ground in a bored manner. "Some on the island spoke and showed me how to fight from a saddle should I ever find myself riding a horse but with the lack of horses the training for actually riding them is only knowledge based. I'd hate to yank a hand full of mane out should I fall and not know how to either jump out or otherwise save us both from the fall." Carefully Dox snuck up behind his Vision, and slipped his arms around her waist affectionately as he peaked around her head gently with his ears drooping shyly at the mare she had been caring for and petting. He could smell her scent faintly on the horse, which said a lot considering the time they had been separated but Dox could sense just how closely bound they were.

Since the animal was frightened of him, he decided to ease it's fear in a primal way as his head dipped and very gently he kissed her cheek. After a moment his head dipped as he began nuzzling that same cheek and down to her neck with his soft ear knowing that the horse was watching him warily as he extended his right hand that was still around her waist up to the mare. He showed her just how much he cared for his Vision, and smiled easily so as not to frighten the horse further by baring his sharp teeth as it dipped his head to nose his hand. A few heartbeats later, the horse dipped it's head farther down to allow Dox to stroke it's face just as Vision had been doing a bit earlier and smiled happily with his lips closed. "I'd love to learn how to ride sometime, I don't think I'll be leaving in the coming days so maybe I have enough time to pick up the skill."

"You know not how to ride yet your affinity to animals is incredible. I imagine a skill like horseback-riding would only take you days to master what takes others weeks." Vision said as she watched the interaction between Dox and Garnet. It was an amazing sight to see, as trust could be given so freely, especially upon a horse who's memory and loyalty is true. "There are many things here that you probably don't know..." Vision looked down and picked up strips of carrot nearby. She reached out for Dox's hand, and placed it on his palms. By holding his hand out in front of Garnet, the horse sniffed the scent of the holder before accepting the vegetable, feeding off of his hand. Soon after finishing, Garnet sniffed Dox's hand, and nudged at his hand with her muzzle.

Vision giggled, "Looks like you have an admirer." She noted Garnet's actions, before handing Garnet some more cuts of carrot. She enjoyed the feeling of the company of both Garnet and Dox's touch and hold upon her. After a moment, she looked back at him and asked, "How long are you planning to stay anyway? I suppose most logical answer would be whenever Genesis thinks so, but really, how long at you intending to stay here with us?" Though it seemed like in her voice, somewhere deep inside it seemed like she was really asking how long will he stay with her.

Dox smiled gently at his little Vision's question before carefully dipping his head to the side she was on and nuzzling the top of her head with his left ear. "I plan to stay by your side for quite a while yet, and if I might one day coax you back to the islands, it is then that I shall return. I can feel this land has a winter to it, and I know enough of this world to survive comfortably even if I should have to leave your home." His free hand left the mare's neck, and got a small whine out of the horse at the discontinuation of his affection as he scooped his little love into a loving embrace. "I shall never be too far, and even though you are not on the islands, that doesn't mean there are things I can teach you here that you'll remember for a life time." Nuzzling her once more, Dox set her back onto her feet as he returned to petting the horse, which was pawing the ground a bit before settling once more to his attentions.

There was a sharp cry that sounded from above them, and Dox looked up to see a hawk winging it's way by before his eyes caught something odd. Bringing his right hand up to his mouth and stepping away from the horses Dox blew but no sound seemed to issue from him. The horses though stomped the ground and shook there heads, and he had to shake his head as well due to the ringing he gave himself but just as he thought the hawk screeched and looped in midair before diving at him. It seemed impossible but the bird pulled out and flapped in front of him cawing bad temperedly until he offered his shoulder for the bird to land on. The bird cawed oddly before ruffling it's feathers and settling it's wings down against it's body as bright predatory eyes focused in and out on everything moving in there general area. "Vision.... Does anyone in your home train birds?" He asked as his head tilted to the side when he questioned her, and when his ears wriggled the bird cawed once more before nipping at the one closes to it.

Vision had wondered what he meant by his words. Teaching her things that she wouldn't forget? Vision didn't really know what that could possibility be, as it never really crossed her mind. Her mind lost the thought as a familiar hawk cry was heard overhead. Vision's sight looked to the sky as saw the bird dive for its prey after Dox used an animal call to beckon the bird to come. "Ah!? Talon, what are you doing outside?" Vision said in surprise as the bird of prey glanced at her and seemed to bob its head at her as if it would translate into words. He also let out a sound from his throat, as Vision reached up to pet the hawk.

"My father... trains birds." Vision answered him after a moment as the hawk cooed in her hands and pecked at her fingertip. The sharp beak poked at her skin, and it hurt even though Talon didn't mean to do so aggressively. After all, he was a hunting bird, so the hawk wouldn't know to be gentle if it could. "This one is Talon. He was around since my mother was. But when she died, Talon flew away from home." She explained a short version of the tale. "However, I think he still lives around in the estate, because he only comes back when I'm alone. Kind of strange, huh?" She said, as the hawk opened his wings slightly before closing it back into a fold. "Actually, now that I think about it, he might originally be from around the region where your islands are, Dox." Vision added afterwards, as a vague memory of her mother and Talon speaking to each other seemed to hang in the back of her mind.

Back
Top Bottom