Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

SEASON 1 Characters

fmRr33o.png
BASIC INFORMATION
Full Name: Raymond Mulholland
Nickname(s): ‘Ray’ is fine in a pinch.
Ethnicity: African American
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION
Face Claim: Lakeith Stanfield 1, 2, 3
Height: 6’0”
Weight: 180 lbs.
Eye Color: Brown-ish with little flecks of amber
Hair Color: Coffee black
Prominent Features or Distinguishing Marks: Raymond has several occult and esoteric themed tattoos littering his body. These include an Eye of Providence over his heart, an ouroboros wrapping around his right wrist, and a yin-yang on his left shoulder blade. He also has several non-occult tattoos including the numbers ‘19019’ on his left inner wrist, the outline of a brontosaurus on his right ankle, the name ‘ESTELLA’ beneath his collarbone, the letter ‘V’ beneath his left ear, and a quote from Jean-Paul Sartre on his bicep: “Life has no meaning the moment you lose the illusion of being eternal.”

General Physical Description: “Someone told me once, a long time ago, that I’m ‘unconventionally attractive’. That made me feel some kind of way back then, but I guess it makes sense if you look at it from their angle. There ain’t much about me that is conventional, if you want to get down to brass tacks. Fact is, I look how I want to look and I dress how I want to dress. My outward appearance is an extension of my inner self. I have a nice smile because I want to have a nice smile. I grow a beard because I want to grow a beard. My body ain’t a temple, but I take care of it like it is. Shit, man. I look like this. Just look at the pictures, man. Use those peepers.”

PERSONALITY DESCRIPTION
Personality Traits:
  • Deep Thinker - Raymond has a lot of thoughts about a lot of things and most of those things aren’t suitable for casual conversation.
  • Eccentric - Read: Weird. Raymond has never been like most people and he doesn’t pretend that he is. To be comfortable in one’s own skin is something you should never take for granted.
  • Inquisitive - Curiosity killed the cat, but it ain’t killed Raymond yet.
  • Allocentric - Raymond has himself figured out for the most part. He’s more interested in what makes other people tick.
  • Empathetic - To a fault. Ray gets people. He reads them like a book.
Likes: French philosophy. Casual mysticism. Experimenting with quantum suicide. Finding the hidden answers to complicated questions. A pleasant doo-wop tune. Japanese folktales. Convenience store junk food. Corgis. Causality. The way the wind feels on your bare skin as you walk within the confines of nature. A cold glass of sweet tea on an otherwise hot day. Funny cat videos. The dopamine released when one has a sense of accomplishment. Developing bonds and friendships with strangers. Any attempt to quantify, approximate, and extract The Truth and all that entails.
Dislikes: A purposeless existence.

HISTORY
Biography: Born in Baton Rouge to a single mother, raised in Philadelphia by his grandparents. Graduated from Haverford College with honors, accepted into the Federal Bureau of Investigation in the Summer of 2009. Top marks in his training. Well liked by his peers. Labeled ‘a bit quirky’ by his superiors, but ‘a good man in a storm’ by the ones that mattered. Relocated to the FBI’s Nashville field office in the Spring of 2014. Loves the city, loves the people, hates the hot chicken.

Raymond had never heard of Dawn Chorus, Tennessee before being assigned to investigate the disappearances of four missing people...

Notable Relationships:
  • Pepaw and Memaw Mulholland - Would you believe they were both born on the same day and have both lived to 103? Raised by his grandparents, Raymond has a lot of love for them and visits them whenever he has the chance.
  • Regional Field Director Deuteronomy Hart - Deuter. The Deut. El Deuterino. Raymond’s superior and close friend. While Raymond has never been to Deuteronomy’s house or met his family or explored his life beyond a surface level, he respects the man and looks up to him like a father figure.
  • Special Agent Buck Buckley - Raymond's on-again off-again partner and closest confidant. There's very few people in this life that are worth taking a bullet over. Buck Buckley is one of them.
  • Estella - Listen, we ain't talkin' about Estella here.

AjsZS7G.png
BASIC INFORMATION
Full Name: Andrew Haywood.
Nickname(s): Andy. Anders. Drew. Coffee Cakes.
Ethnicity: 7/8th Caucasian, 1/8th Cherokee.
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual.

PHYSICAL DESCRIPTION
Face Claim: Marc Pickering 1 2 3
Height:
6'1".
Weight: 155lbs.
Eye Color: Brown.
Hair Color: Black.
Prominent Features or Distinguishing Marks: Arrow-pierced-heart tattoo on right forearm. Scorpion tattoo on right calf. Hands often callused. Often has dirt or mud under the finger nails, hence the nickname Coffee Cakes.

General Physical Description: Andrew is a slender young man, beardless, short hair black hair. He dresses plainly outside funeral services, not accustomed to luxurious clothing given the grim and grit of the family business, which also keeps him slim and fit due to the physical demands.

PERSONALITY DESCRIPTION
Personality Traits:
  • Eidetic. Good mind for remembering details, however small or minute.
  • Organized. Tedium is such a bother. Everything should be easy to find and locate.
  • Soft-Spoken. No need to raise one’s voice. Shouting is for children.
  • Observant. The lone graveyard shifts has given him an eye and ear for strange or out of place details. Can spot a blade of grass tilted left while the ten million other blades are tilted right.
  • Laconic. ”Why waste time say lot word when few word do trick?” – Kevin Malone, The Office.
Likes: Basketball, shootin’ hoops. Trekking about the town. Puzzle-solving, troubleshooting, immersing oneself in some task. Drinking. Quiet places. Green tea.
Dislikes: Metal against his skin. Classroom environments (never pursued higher education past high school). Music outdoors. Hospitals (he can handle dead people, just not dying people). Excessive daters. Tardiness.

HISTORY
Biography:
Andrew was born late to Woodrow Haywood and his wife, a strange miracle pregnancy despite his father’s sterile condition. Son of the primary caretaker of the town’s graveyard, Andrew’s upbringing was much involved in the ins and outs of such a profession, tending to the old graveyard and helping in the digging and upkeep of new ones. Proximity to death and it’s effects on grievers from an early age unfortunately killed much of Andrew’s childhood vigor and youthful energy, making him mature beyond his years as he observed grief and loss in others which had a tremendous effect upon his mentality. Because of this he was not exactly considered a fun individual at parties or school events. However, he was still very active, being a member of the school’s basketball team and a prolific walker about the town and local environs, with respect to the places one should and should not go.

Most times he assists his father in the family business, tending to the local graves, ensuring the dead rest in peace and relative solace. But, in the process of such, he has seen…strange things, some of which he tells his father, or keeps to himself, feeling many others would not appreciate or understand or even ridicule. He believes thus far these were only quirks of his often idle and dreamy mind, but as others come to experience and witness such things, he feels he might have much to say, if there is anyone willing to listen.

Notable Relationships:
  • Woodrow Haywood, father.
  • Unnamed mother.
  • TBA.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom