Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Sit back, Relax, Sip your Cognac | BennyQ's Journal

BennyQ

αὐτοκράτωρ
Supporter

This is going to be my spot for whatever RP inspiration, or music, pictures, history snippets, memes, rants, and other nonsense that sits in my head all day without a proper release mechanism. And maybe feelings, whatever those are. NSFW stuff? Nah, probably not. At least not for this particular month, ayy.

It's also my eight year anniversary on Blue Moon...yeahhh mans need some long-term help and care over here lol.

I remember when I first joined, I was such a noob at forum roleplaying. Like what's the format for replying? Beneath their post, above their post, do you even include their post in your reply? Then how do you have a record of the entire RP? Remember on the old forum when the PMs used to cut off after a certain character limit? If you weren't careful, you could lose your entire post, copy/pasting it and then sending it and doing some other reply, then hearing from your partner that it got cut off after like the first paragraph and you have to do the entire thing again from scratch in a new PM thread. Life is good and easy now.

Those were the good ole days though. Like in that song, American Pie, where the good ole boys are drinking whisky AND rye like damn, calm down boys. Like mixing liquors, I ruined myself, I should have stuck with those easy writings, never going over a few paragraphs or couple hundred words lol. But here I am, sometimes hitting 20k words on a good writing day, cause I can't stop. Anyways, that's enough for a journal entry today.

Roughly (EDIT)8.7k words written today. Good day's work, good day's work, for sure. I think my fingers are starting to cramp.

Today in Canada is Remembrance Day, where we honor those who fell in WW1.

I play this shooter, Battlefield 1, which is set in the WW1 timeframe. It's about 5 or 6 years old and still pretty active, and one of the few shooters in that genre, unlike the many WW2 and modern day ones. I love this game. Last year, in a server I was in, the BF1 community, at least some of the players, honored the eleventh hour, where for a minute, the entire 64-man match paused our blasting and stabbing to pay our respects. Some players stood idly. Some went prone out of humility and respect. Others teabagged in demonstration of their excitement for such an act of solidarity. It was good times.

Then the minute elapsed and we all proceeded to gun each other down. I'm sure the ghost of some WW1 soldier is looking at me reliving the worst day of his life in a video game be like...

Last edited:
5653 words today. Another good day's work.

Crusader Kings 3, when you roll up to my court in Byzantium for a feast

6.6k words today. All clear for the weekend (except some group posts but my partners in those are super chill about the slow pace...I hope).

Turn sound on!!

47DE0EB3322AC669541EFC6940979D1BDDDA95D7

And with my latest posts to my partners, I'll be on hiatus until Dec. 11th!

1DBC10DD095CB5ED0B861EB05E9647377623851E

So much in the backlog but I can at least get started on them. Will try to have them all out to y'all in the coming days! Just need another rest day or two.

5.1k words today. Today was a good day.

Last edited:
I'm all caught up on all my RPs here. Someone tell me not to take on new stories.

Just when I thought I was done with Vikings RPs...they pull me back in. Vikings Valhalla is unreal and the best.

5.8k words. Today was a good day. I ain't got shit to do in the RP world right now. But I'll probably be on hiatus until the 29th or 30th, so don't expect replies, even OOC stuff. But that's my usual rate anyways, right?

giphy.gif

6.5k words. Today was a...day. But it's a done day now. Surprise posts from returning partners definitely made up for a lot!

This is how three-quarters of my brain regards the other quarter when writing posts. Perfectionism is a bitch sometimes. Anyways, 5.2k words today. We rollin'.

fbaa22f64a1e60a8641206365205768f.gif

4.2k words today. I hope all my American neighbours have a great Independence Day tomorrow!

vRO5OC.gif

Suffering from burnout. Probably be another week or two for posts.

This will be my check list for doing some sort of writing in November, since this is the month for writing, or something. So, here we go. A post a day keeps the...something away, right?

Nov. 1: 595 words, 1 post.
Nov. 2: 2957 words, 1 post.
Nov. 3: 2434 words, 2 posts.
Nov. 4: 843 words, 1 post.
Nov. 5: 1163 words, 1 post.
Nov. 6: 755 words, 1 post.
Nov. 7: 1556 words, 2 posts.
Nov. 8: 2776 words, 2 posts.
Nov. 9: ❌
Nov. 10: 1364 words, 2 posts.
Nov. 11: 683 words, 1 post.
Nov. 12: 963 words, 1 post.
Nov. 13: 3274 words, 4 posts.
Nov. 14: 933 words, 1 post.
Nov. 15: 1604 words, 1 post.
Nov. 16: 1695 words, 2 posts.
Nov. 17: 962 words, 1 post.
Nov. 18: 940 words, 1 post.
Nov. 19: 688 words, 1 post.
Nov. 20: 2199 words, 3 posts.
Nov. 21: 😴
Nov. 22: 2436 words, 3 posts.
Nov. 23: 679 words, 1 post.
Nov. 24: 1234 words, 1 post.
Nov. 25: 541 words, 1 post.
Nov. 26: 660 words, 1 post.
Nov. 27: 613 words, 1 post.
Nov. 28: 1127 words, 3 posts.
Nov. 29: 1794 words, 2 posts.
Nov. 30: 2565 words, 3 posts.

Last edited:
Me: Alright brain cells, time to get to work with posts.

My brain cells:

Me: Astrology isn't real.
Them: That's exactly what a Scorpio would say!
Me: ...man, fuck off 😂

This might be handy for me and anyone else interested in this stuff. 1350 Transitional Mail and Plate is where it's at.

gHKznxa.jpeg
8ixDnpF.png

Last edited:
BennyQ's Courtly Music for those RPs with Royal Courts/Settings.
Sounding Or Seeming Feasible To Be Real Songs In-Universe.
Open to suggestions.

In Taberna (Roman Era drinking song, in Latin).
Grand Ages: Rome OST 4 (Roman Era party song, instrumental).
Janus Breaks (Roman Era party song, instrumental).
Coeur de Lion (Medieval courtly song, especially after the 3:36 mark, instrumental).
Simple Song for Commoners (Medieval courtly song, instrumental).
The Dance (Napoleonic Era ball music, instrumental).
Waterloo Waltz (Victorian Era ball music, instrumental).
Johan Waltz (Victorian Era ball music, instrumental).

Back
Top Bottom