Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

πšƒπš‘πšŽ π™Έπš—πšπšŽπš›πšŸπš’πšŽπš  | Currently Closed

Lydia

πšπš‘πšŽ πš•πšŠπšπš’ 𝚘𝚏 πšœπš’πšπšžπšŠπšπš’πš˜πš—πšœ
Supporter

2B823045-ED55-42A9-A54E-67CAE97DA0B5.PNG

For a creative side-project, I'm interested in interviewing YOU, my fellow BlueMooners. The interviews will be casual and lighthearted - think less hard-hitting journalistic expose, more late-night talk show banter - and will be conducted via PMs, then posted to this thread. The idea is simply to get to know everyone a little better as fellow writers and humans. Of course, you'll have complete freedom to veto questions you'd prefer not to answer, but I'll do my best to avoid any topics that may be awkward, overly negative, or uncomfortable.

If you'd like to be involved, please PM me - everyone is welcome to participate, regardless of what you write, how you write it, length of time on the site, or whether or not we've ever personally spoken.

Thanks for reading!

Why are you doing this?

Primarily, because it's fun. I like getting to know people and am always curious about others on the site. We write together as a community, but each of us is having an individual (and perhaps isolated) experience. I know how I work, what I enjoy, why I'm here, but do other people function similarly? What perspectives have I not considered? What things can I learn from them?

I'm just really curious.

When will you ask me to interview?

I don't normally solicit interviews unless someone has previously expressed interest. I never want anyone to feel pressured to answer questions or share when they're not comfortable. I ask people to reach out to me via PM to volunteer.

If I PM you for an interview, is there a chance you'll reject me?

No. I interview everyone who reaches out to me. The only exception to this is if you're very new to the site - in that case, I may delay until you've been around for about a month, just to assure that you'll still be using the site when it's posted.

What's the process like?

I try to keep it pretty simple. Once you've let me know you're interested, I'll send along about 10 questions within a couple of days. After you've sent back the answers to those, I'll compile about 5 follow-up questions that go a little more in-depth. You can answer in as much or as little detail as you like, and after all questions are complete, it gets posted! I don't edit or change your answers in any way, except formatting, and the interviews are posted in the order that they're completed.

What kinds of questions do you ask?

It depends. There are a few questions that I ask everyone, because I feel like they're central to the spirit of the project. The other questions are a combination of those tailored to the individual and more general topics. The more information you have publicly available, the more personal the questions will be, but I try to avoid prying too much or sensitive/controversial topics.

You are always welcome to skip any questions you'd rather not answer. No hard feelings.

How often do you post interviews?

I don't have a strict schedule. A lot of it depends on how many completed interviews I have in my queue. Ideally, I post interviews 2-4 times a week.

Am I interesting enough to be interviewed?

Yes.

I have something I'd really like to talk about. Can I suggest topics for questions?

Yes! The idea is that we get to know you better, so if you have a project, interest, or experience you'd like to share, I want to give you that opportunity. Just let me know in your PM.

I started an interview a while back then forgot/got super busy/took a hiatus/whatever - can I still complete it?

Yes! I'm not mad, promise.

Participants

Solo
Hallucinate
Chap
Sky
Sync
Guitarman
Magatama_Slave
BlooBlanket
P Y R E
Inquisitrix
Xanaphia
Ironic
Revelations
Praxis
Sunshine and Whiskey
Formless
impreg21
Retrojapan
how_is_you
Breezi
Anglemarr
Russian Vodka
Barding
MrNyarlathotep
Fruit
Nautical
p r i s m
Vinaein
Rex.
Father Figure
Jericho Z. Barrons
wiki234
erikaG123
BennyQ
Magno
MatchaMochi
Cantarella
Lydia
Ζ’eral

Last edited:
First up, I have an interview with @Solo ~ officer-extraordinaire!

So, hi Solo, thanks so much for agreeing to be interviewed!

Any time! I thought the project looked really interesting. Thanks for having me!

My first question is about working for BMR - how long ago did you join staff? What made you decide that you wanted to help wrangle us monstersmembers?

Weirdly enough, I'm actually one of the newest staff members. Most of them have been around since before the site really was what it is now, but I've only been on BMR about two and a half years now.

I first joined as Welcoming Committee in October of 2019. I really loved the welcome I got to the site; most sites I've been on before didn't really have an Introductions feature, and if they did, no one posted in them, so I thought it was a feature that really made us stand out. I'd just welcome people on my own before joining, but eventually I messaged a past member of the WC and asked if they needed help. Ironic messaged me and asked a few questions and if I'd like to be added, and so I became purple and started welcoming people.

My promotion to Moderator happened in late November of 2019. Karameida reached out to see if I might be interested in taking on more responsibility, and I was super excited to help out the site. Upon becoming moderator, I worked with a few other members of staff to reorganize some of the areas of the site, eventually rewriting some of the smaller stickies at the tops of the forums as well as collaborating on rules updates. This just continued into me becoming green in 2020, and I really love being a part of staff here. It's less an authority and more a community guide, and I like to help out. The site's been a big part of who I am as a writer and as a person, and giving back just felt natural to a place that's given me so much.

What other staff member are you most afraid of?

Virginia Greene. Y'all might not see her around much, but she's got a laser focus and she's smart as a whip. I've never seen her lose her cool, though, so I'm safe... for now.

Are there any staff responsibilities that you really love offloading onto someone else?

Not particularly. We all do our part, and for the most part, staff work is really just removing a bump that's too early and firing off a quick PM. We've got a great member base here, and it's very, very rare that in doing staff duties I feel any annoyance or negative feelings.

Going through image galleries to look for underage violations or unlabeled NSFW content is pretty tedious, though, especially when they get larger. I'm basically the Coraline's dad meme, just scrollin' through images of anime tiddies.

What's the story behind Adam Driver for your profile picture?

I'll go into this more below, but his character Kylo Ren/Ben Solo from the Star Wars films was what reignited my love for writing. I originally went by a different username and used female celebrity pictures, but while the aesthetic was nice, it never really felt like me, if that makes sense. I used a few pictures of Adam as my icon when I changed to Solo around the time I became an Officer, and ever since then, our lovely designer Jumbled has made it her mission to provide me with beautiful sets when the seasons or holidays change. I'm ever grateful to all the work she puts in to keep me looking spiffy.

What are your other, non-RP hobbies?

Ha, who has time for hobbies? Just kidding, but I do work a shit ton in real life. I'm in property management for a company that spans over several states, with about 1400 apartments and townhomes in my current location's portfolio, so that doesn't leave me with a ton of free time. I really enjoy building in The Sims 4 (playing, too, but building's my real love), playing video games, reading fanfiction, and keeping up with a few currently airing television shows. I also love live music; before COVID, I would travel at least twice a month to see a band in one of the major metro cities near me, but right now, I keep to local shows. I'm an okay singer, a foodie, and a beer aficionado.

Oh, and of course, doting on my cat. Her name's Kiwi, and she's an angel.

Ooh, so favorites: TV shows? Bands? Type of food? Beer?

The current season of Law & Order: SVU has consumed my Thursday nights. Other than that, I'm really partial to Bob's Burgers, Letterkenny, It's Always Sunny, and true crime documentaries.

As far as bands go, that's a little harder. I have new favorites every day, but overall I can be encompassed by pop punk and hardcore. My favorite band of all time is The Wonder Years, but on constant repeat lately are Four Year Strong, Bodysnatcher, Dealer, Knocked Loose, The Story So Far, and Stick To Your Guns. I also find a lot of enjoyment in mainstream, stadium country; sue me, it's a guilty pleasure.

I'm a little picky, and mildly allergic to raw onion, so I'm kind of boring. A restaurant near here I'm obsessed with has this awesome chili and cola-glazed shortrib, though, so I'd say that's pretty close to my current favorite.

And I'll drink pretty much anything that isn't light beer. I mainly drink local breweries, so I won't give specific answers so as to not out my exact location, but witbiers, fruity beers, and IPAs are always a good bet.

How did you get your start RPing? What keeps you coming back?

I started writing on a Harry Potter simulation forum when I was about eleven or twelve, mainly doing silly little one-line canon x OC RP that we all did back in the day. (We all... did that... right... not just me...?) I think I was simultaneously on Neopets, and then found Gaia, then Tumblr. I loved all those sites for different reasons, but when I joined BMR, it just felt right. I'm on a few others right now - with usernames other than Solo, to differentiate myself - but none I enjoy as much as here.

I don't have much of a creative outlet outside of writing, and I'm a firm believer that everyone has to get their creativity out somehow. Plus, with my job being as demanding as it is, it's nice to have a community to interact with that doesn't require a ton of effort in getting ready and going somewhere just to socialize.

What's your Hogwarts house?

I'd classify myself as a Ravenclaw. I've always been a bit bookish, and most of my hobbies are things I prefer doing on my own. I find myself going down research rabbit holes more often than I'd like to admit - I'm 100% the kind of person to randomly think of something and then spend two hours Googling things that only somewhat relate to the original topic.

How do you go about finding writing partners?

Honestly, nowadays, I don't. I hate feeling like I disappoint people with my ridiculously long response times, and while I've found a few that are very understanding with my snail's pace, I don't want to take on more than I can promise. For the right hook and the right craving, I'll usually make an exception, though.

But when I am actively searching, I cast my net everywhere. I thoroughly read Request Threads along with constantly updating and bumping my own, approaching partners that I think could work well with me OOC. I'm pretty flexible story- and plot-wise, but the biggest hump for me to get over is my OOC requirements (partners being patient enough and interested enough in our stories to wait for me being a big hurdle) so that's what I look for first.

Some of my best replies have just come from people hunting me down in chat or being my friend first, though, so who knows?

How would your writing partners (or friends on-site) describe you?

You'll get glowing reviews of me being a fantastic human being unless you ask Fen. Don't ask Fen.

Just kidding. Sort of. I think they'd say that I've got great memes and that they love getting pictures of my cat. Other than that, I don't really know what they'd say - I definitely don't want to speak for them, so I'll just say that if anyone PMs me any testimony, I'll let you know.

Does this Fen person actually exist? I see people talking about him a lot, but I'm beginning to think he's an urban legend. What would he say about you?

Unfortunately, yes.

No, I'm kidding - Fen (also known as Fentanyl) is a great guy and a teddy bear underneath all his sass; our friendship just mainly revolves around acting like we hate each other. It's how we show love.

I once told him he rocks and he once admitted that I'm never wrong, and neither of us will let the other forget about it.

Are you more of a hunter or a gatherer?

Mm, I'd say a hunter. If I see something I want, I'll do what I need to do (within reason and... law) to get it.

What are your three last-used emojis? Is this an accurate representation of your personality?

πŸ˜‚πŸ–€πŸ₯°

I'd say they're pretty accurate. It's really easy to make me laugh, I wear black 24/7, and I love my friends fiercely.

What's just a random, interesting fact about you?

I have eight piercings and eleven tattoos. It's always shocking people in real life, especially since I work in a very corporate environment. If I ever come by the office on one of my off days, someone's always bound to comment on my septum ring or my half-sleeve.

Which tattoo or piercing hurt the most?

I have a big wasp on my upper stomach/underboob area, and I almost passed out twice while getting it done. That shit's no joke. I got it done in a period of my life where I wasn't doing too well, though, so it means a lot to me.

Thanks again Solo, and thanks for reading!

Today, fighting advice and more with @hallucinate!

Hi Hal, I appreciate you taking the time to chat!

First things first: Really, what the fuck?

I mean, what the fuck? This is dope as fuck, yo. Thank you.

Do you have tattoos? Can you tell me about them?

I have a bunch. heh. My back needs work, my legs, too, as I only have one on my right leg. It says "hooligan" in like dripping honey, with King bee on the back. It's the only colored one, too. Few of my friends got the word tattooed on us.

I plan to get a thunderbird - like in a native tribal - on my throat.

On a scale of 1-10, how much of a hooligan are you?

A fuckin' 10. I love trouble, heh. I want the leader of the tribe, but I was a major player in our club. Definitely right hand.

What fighting advice would you give to someone who's never been in a fistfight before?

Most people haven't been in a fight, so try to be the first punch. Know that the first punch is always the hardest, so when your bell gets wrung, and you're still breathing, that it isn't going to get worse. Adrenaline will kick in, just hang in there and scrap it out. Most end up on the ground rather quickly. When on the ground, don't grip their body but their clothes, even if it's your sleeve. It's really hard to tear someone's grip when their shirts are wrapped in your fingers, and fingers are hard to exert. Keep them locked until you can get help, exert their endurance, or put them in a choke lock.

That is some really good fighting advice. What about just running away (that's always been my plan) - is that ever the way to go?

Never run from your problems. Despite whatever outcome or consequence.

Tons. Like to think I am a jack of all trades. I have ADHD, so, to counter this, I bounce to a variety of things that are artistic or creative.

Music, I play the harmonica, piano, and basic drumming skills. Piano, though is a passion and harmonica is a pastime.

I paint, scribbles, some photography, recently. I have a huge love for street graffiti.

So, before Dolly made this town big, life was poor and in the middle of nowhere. My dad bought a computer and at age of nine or so, my only social life outside of school was role-playing on AOL.

I love literature, writing, telling stories. Always wanted to be an author but I don't like the direction scholars and publicists push on people- I find most modern books dreadful and boring. I can't engage, get that sense of feeling others get from books, but I do with RPing. It's been the biggest aid to becoming a writer and my short attention span.

How would your writing partners (or friends on-site) describe you? In your opinion, is it accurate?

I am not sure.

My girlfriend once called me chaotically cute. I love this and wear it on my sleeve but I'm pretty sure it's a nice way of saying I can be a real asshole at times, which I'm sure a few have thought.

Bipolar, depression, and anxiety are like a ticking time bomb. Value the ones that stuck it out, and the better impression I make on newer ones.

If you had to choose between writing a generic super-sappy romance plot or a Disney's The Little Mermaid fandom, which would you choose?

I would totally play a male Ursula who would grant that poor girl her last wish. That thing-a-ma-bob.

How do you go about brainstorming for stories and plots? What's your creative process like?

Nothing. I dive right on in and see where it goes. It sucks, though, because no one will go anywhere without direction. It's like a ship leaving to England, captained by novice, with no map or direction. But God damn it's exciting.

Is there any character that you've written that stands out as favorite? If so, what made them so fun to write?

Yeah, a guy named Mudd. He was a cowboy turned outlaw in the apocalypse, wanting to kill off everyone left like some undertaker of death. I could relate to him, in a way, and a partner I was writing it with loved him, turns out, loved me, too. Was a time I could open up, blow off political steam, and vent in the process. We tried to import it to threads but most of the story is sadly hidden in PMs.

If you had to wear one outfit for the rest of your life - like a cartoon character - what would it be?

Shit, I don't know. Uh, jeans, t-shirt, flannel, and my Chucks. Always loved grunge.

They say everyone looks good in a black silk suit, so probably better that, yeah?

Decisions, decisions. . .

Do you have any completely irrational fears?

Yeah, pharmaceuticals. Fuck 'em.

I am always paranoid over the simplest medication. It's weird because I struggle with drug addiction but not with pills. I rather suffer, honestly, than take something spurious as Tylenol. But facts are facts. Bruce Lee died from an aspirin allergen, and once, some psycho poisoned Tylenol.

No thanks.

Doctors, geek me out.

I feel like vaccines and flu shots contain, a small dab of someone's piss, and it's some sick, sadist joke I am not apart of or aware of. Probably this kid on here, too, who is adamant about tiny ingestion of their tinkles. Just rubbin' it in our fuckin' faces. Or the guy from WHO.

Who knows?

I also hate syringes. <--- Major phobia.

You have a popular music thread - what musical artist do you love that's completely atypical for your usual tastes?

My girlfriend has like, the cheesiest taste in music, so when I am posting Randy Travis and country music in general.

Uh, my family has had the same three initials for generations, and most of us have had the same first same. I go by my middle.

Thanks again Hal, and thanks for reading!

In today’s interview, @whitechapel contemplates his heel-turn!

Hi Chap, welcome. Make yourself at home.

I've heard that you're a hipster. In what way do you stray from the hipster stereotype the most?

You mean besides the fact that I spend most of my Internet time on an adult roleplaying site? :p I'm kidding, I'm kidding. Despite my extensive collection of vinyl records and closet full of skinny jeans, I have a deep and abiding love for wrestling. This isn't for the sake of irony and it's definitely not cool, yet I still love it. Where else can I see one big meaty man throw another big meaty man off of a steel cage and through a through a table wrapped in barbwire?! THAT'S ENTERTAINMENT.

Oh and I'm actually a nice, productive human being who goes out of his way to be kind to his fellow man.

Who's your favorite wrestler of all time? Are you more of a face or a heel?

"Macho Man" Randy Savage! Because he's relatable. I also like to snap into a Slim Jim and do cocaine until my eyes bulge.

I'm definitely a white meat Babyface. I'm a sweetheart! But there's a Heel turn a-comin'. I know it, you know it, the fans know it. When my reign of terror inevitably begins, BMR is in for it, man. I'll be ambushing people with steel chairs and calling everyone a jabroni.

Buncha jabronis.

If David Lynch and (a still living) David Foster Wallace were in a wrestling match - the battle of the Davids - who would win?

My heart wants to say David Lynch because he looks like he can throw a mean right hook, but let's be real here. Have you seen the size of Infinite Jest? One wallop with that absolute tome and Lynch would be out cold.

DFW wins.

What is the meaning behind your username?

Mostly, I just think it sounds cool, but ostensibly, it's a reference to Jack the Ripper. Whitechapel is a district in London where most of his murders took place. I was reading From Hell by Alan Moore when I signed up for BMR, so here we are.

Oh I do all sorts of things. I play guitar and sing a little bit (some folks here have heard my acoustic rendition of "Thot Shit"; issa banger). I write non-RP related things. I'm a tech nerd who builds computers for funsies. I like hiking in the woods. Every once in a while, I'll play a video game. I'm also probably one of the biggest music and movie obsessees that you're ever likely to meet.

If we're being honest, it began because I was a horny teenager with nothing better to do with my time. After a while, I started taking writing seriously and craving storytelling. Since then, the amount of smut in my roleplays has nosedived.

Nowadays, I mostly roleplay because I genuinely love collaborative writing. There's a magic to it, not to sound hokey. The idea of two independent minds converging to create something that wouldn't otherwise exist... and it's fun, obviously.

How would your writing partners (or friends on-site) describe you? In your opinion, is it accurate?

The fucking worst. Entirely accurate.

So, I asked your buddy @Praxis to describe you, and she said: "He's one of the sweetest guys I've ever met. And timid too. I bet his name is Tim (short for timid). Super helpful, ultra creative and perhaps one of the best things to come to BMR in my time." How accurate is this?

First and foremost, Praxis is a monster and someone really needs to stop her (<3).

I mean, I try to be helpful. I have a wild imagination that won't stop spewing out new ideas, so checkmark on creativity. One of the best things to come to BMR? Well, jeez. I'm not blushing, you're blushing! Nerds. >.>

When you're coming up with story ideas, do you develop the characters or the plot first?

Plot first! Usually, anyway. I think it's easier to create characters when you know what sort of story you're putting them into. Most of what I write is character driven, so having the right cast behind the steering wheel is incredibly important.

Can you give us any spoilers for this
Dawn Chorus group game you're planning?

Spoilers? All right, all right. As it stands right now, I have the history and lore for this story planned back to before America was colonized. It's intricate and actually relevant to the story at hand. There'll be vignettes throughout the story that give little glimpses at this lore. You know how 2001 begins with the prehistoric primates? Yeah. We'll probably end up doing something similar because the lore will almost definitely go back that far.

It's probably one of the most ambitious things I've put together and I think it's going to be something special. The first 'chapter' is called 'A Tooth For An Eye'. It's going to be one helluva adventure and I can't wait until I can reveal more.

If you're at work and get an RP reply that you know is going to be a total smut-fest, do you read it right then or wait until later?

Fuck it! I'll read it right then and there! You've got to stick it to The Man any way you can, and me? I do it by reading about dudes who hang dong and the ladies who love them!

Outkast or Kanye, and why?

Kanye. Hear me out.

If we're talking about current day Kanye vs OutKast in their prime, there's an argument to be had. They gave us Stankonia, after all... But. BUT! In my opinion, you'd be hard pressed to find a better run of albums than College Dropout through Yeezus. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy is a genuine masterpiece. The man is (was?) a genius and, while I don't condone a lot of what he's said/done in recent years, nothing can take that away from him.

Plus he gave us this.

On Kanye's album Dark Fantasy, there's a bizarre monologue by Chris Rock at the end of "Blame Game" - for the past decade, I haven't been able to think about Cirque du Soleil or reupholstering furniture without giggling like a 13 year-old. How do you imagine that went down in the recording process? You think he wrote it first, or like ad-libbed it in the booth?

That skit HAD to be ad-libbed on the spot. I bet Kanye was like, "Get in the booth, Chris" and the magic happened from there. You have no idea how often I say "Yeezy reupholstered my pussy". (Spoiler: it's a lot)

While we're on the subject of Kanye, the previous question did actually make me think about what hip hop albums I'd rank higher than MBDTF. I narrowed it down to 3 Feet High and Rising by De La Soul, To Pimp a Butterfly by Kendrick, and The Low End Theory by A Tribe Called Quest... but then again, none of them have Chris Rock comparing a woman's private parts to Cirque du Soleil. So, it's a wash.

I can lick my elbow! It's supposed to be physically impossible, but ya boy a freak of nature; what's good.

I'm impressed! What's going on anatomically there? Is that more of a long tongue thing or short arms or what?

Long tongue and I can like... flex my shoulder blade back without popping it out of place? It's weird and I discovered it by accident. That's my only natural talent, y'know. Catch me on the street, asking people if they want to see my lick my elbow.

(Hint: They always do)

Thanks again Chap, and thanks for reading!

Tattoos, dancing, and writing with @SkyNymph in today’s Interview!

So, hi Sky, it's great to be talking to you!

Hey! Thanks for the opportunity πŸ–€

Important stuff first: according to Co-Star, you're a Sagittarius, and you're described as "fundamentally curious, restless, and independent. They have strong, thought-through ideas about meaning and what's right or wrong. Interested in pushing the boundaries of the existent, they live to be free, and to learn." That's pretty awesome - in your opinion, how accurate is it?

I admit, that it's all pretty accurate! Learning is something I constantly crave. I love to know…anything…everything! As someone who enjoys astrology, freedom is important us Sag's, I'd say β™οΈβœ¨

You have some really cool tattoos - can you tell me about them?

First off, thank you so much. Each and every one is important to me. I have many, so I won't be going crazy with the ones unseen. I absolutely love traditional style work, which most of my tattoos are. I'm a sucker for those thick, clean lines lol. The gypsy, or stargazer, on my shoulder was my first "big" piece, it took about six hours. Out of them all it certainly has the deepest meaning. On the same arm from my forearm down, and on my elbow I have a collage of flowers and lunar moths, all represent my amazing little human.

Can you tell me more about the meaning behind the gypsy/stargazer tattoo?

She represents my free spirit and independent nature, a true daydreamer. It's easy for my head to become lost in the clouds at times. My sister's and I were never rooted as children, we constantly moved around. To this day and my mother still holds that gypsy soul. So, it's a bit of her as well.

My list could go on and on! I've been a dancer since I could walk, and definitely consider it a hobby more or less these days. I've recently broken out of my bubble and started working with aerial hoops, helped me with my fear of heights. In my free time I'm usually outdoors, I love exploring and going on hikes, finding new spots to practice photography.

I'm also afraid of heights! Does flying freak you out?

It does. On so many levels, lol. For those who have seen the movie Bridesmaids - I'm the woman Kristen Wig sits next to on the plane.

Would you describe yourself as an introvert or extrovert?

This is a tricky one! If there was a drawn line I'd definitely be leaning more towards introverted side. I love being home and need that alone time. However, my circle of friends is pretty large. I love meeting new people and venturing out of town on a whim.

Yikes, I must've been in middle school when I started? Started off in chat rooms and eventually found random sites. Getting the opportunity to be around likeminded people has kept me coming back, not to mention seeing all of the amazing talent.

Amazing. Kidding.

Haha. Now, I'm going off assumptions. My off-site friends may have different thoughts, they would definitely say that I'm goofy. I love to laugh and be weird, especially once warmed up. I've been called painfully blunt more times than I can count. All in all, I think equally I'd be described as sincere.

What is the goofiest thing about you?

Hm, possibly my lack of filter. Not saying it's always a good thing, but it definitely has to be my goofiest trait. Sometimes…it just comes out and there's no stopping it.

When brainstorming a story, what comes first for you, the plot or the character?

The plot. It's the most important part of the development process for me. If I don't have the right feel for what the story is going to be about, I find myself struggling with my character.

What's your favorite genre to write? What inspires you?

I have many, but fantasy, historical, and modern settings have always stuck with me. Most, if not all, of my inspiration comes from music and images.

Can you describe your ideal writing partner?

Someone who is patient and empathetic. Real life will always be going on around us. Things happen and times change. I look for those who understand that as much as I do. What good comes from rushing? My idea partner prefers quality over quantity. Communication is always a plus!

Would you rather be liked or respected?

Absolutely respected. In my opinion, if you don't have that for me how can you like me? For me it almost seems to go hand in hand.

I worked as a backup/gogo dancer for awhile. Mostly for festivals/concerts. Met some amazing people and worked with badass artists.

Did you ever have any bizarre events or encounters working as a backup dancer?

Haha, I may be able to write a novel containing all the weird encounters I've had working in that industry. Most of the them at the rock/metal festivals. Lots of objects being set on fire..people climbing up the stage fixtures. Luckily, I was never injured or harmed. I had one individual leave the stage without warning during mid performance, causing the crowd to lose their shit.

Big thanks to Sky, and as always, thanks for reading!

Today, @Sync explains why you should never piss off an Aussie!

Hi Sync, thanks so much for taking the time to be interviewed!

Well, thank you Lydia, it's a pleasure to be here. And as the late, great George Burns said: "...and at my age, it's a pleasure to be anywhere."

You describe yourself as a "corporate drone" - what element of corporate culture would you eliminate from the face of the planet, if you could?

Bureaucracy. I'm most definitely NOT a fan of it at any level, and the more of it there is, the less I like it. And it's not just Corporations I'd remove it from; Governments, at all levels, need less paperwork as well. I'm an ardent adherent to the KISS principle (Keep It Simple, Stupid), and bureaucracy is the antithesis of Simple.

With which Australian stereotype do you most identify? Least?

Hehe...the Aussie Stereotype.

Probably I'd most closely relate to the Larrakin (laid-back, easy-going, fun-loving, irreverent). I generally don't take things too seriously, but that doesn't mean I don't have firm beliefs and opinions. Like most "stereotypical" Aussies, I kick back and carry on with most people...until someone pisses me off.

The stereotype I'm least close to? The bronzed Aussie beach-goer. If I go to the beach for any reason, I usually have Greenpeace activists trying to push me back into the water (...not really, but it sounds good).

So, what exactly happens if you piss off an Aussie?

Heh...you'll often be told in no uncertain terms before being frozen out. Mates forgive quickly; strangers...good luck.

Archery and Astronomy.

I've been a (very) amateur astronomer for ages, and I've been interested in all things Space for as long as I can remember. I even have my own telescope (a small one - only a 4.5" reflector) that I occasionally put up in the backyard...weather permitting.

Archery is a recent thing; I only started that in the last few years, although I've been vaguely interested in it for some time before I actually picked up a bow (then COVID hit and closed the club down...). I enjoyed it enough that about a year after I first started I bought my own bow kit (an Olympic-style recurve, but without all the attachments)...now I just need the club to re-open so I can get back into it and start accessorising...

What's your favorite constellation?

Don't know that I have a "favourite" constellation. Probably Orion, because it's the easiest to identify (and I've seen the Orion Nebula through my telescope); also Crux (the Southern Cross), and Scorpio.

I got my first taste of RP in 1986 with a group of friends at high school, when one of my small group approached us with something like "Hey I've got this new game, you want to have a look at it?". It quickly grew into a long-term thing that we did on weekends, and also moved into table-top war games (Starfleet Battles and Car Wars, anyone...?). I keep going to RP, though, because I enjoy the occasional distraction from reality to keep me grounded.

I'd like to hope they'd describe me as a partner who's approachable, flexible, thoughtful, understanding, open to suggestions...and a half-way decent writer. I don't think you can be a good collaborative writer here without at least some of those qualities.

What's your favorite character that you've ever written? (Or top three if you can't pick one.)

Wow. I don't know that I'd have any particular character that I'd call a favourite, as I enjoy every character I write once I start breathing life into them. Some that stand out to me, though...?

Helene Jarraton (from my solo effort) - she's a character I'm currently playing in a DnD table top game, and she's got a life of her own that I'm slowly telling. The initial character background is only about 3 pages in Word and covers her entire life to the start of the DnD game; what I'm posting to BMR is a vast extrapolation that has so far taken me to over 50 pages (I've written a lot more than I've posted) and still has a long way to go.

Kane Stanton - he's the commander of a small scout ship in a sci-fi setting I created, and is the lead in the only story I've actually finished (on a different and now-dead site). The partner I wrote that story with is now here on BMR, and I hope she's doing well with her writing.

Loriel Fihrallen - she's an elven mage in a Dragon Agethemed story I was writing with Alvis. We drifted apart as partners because Real Life got in the way. It was fun writing from the perspective of a doubly-downtrodden person as she struggled to fit in with the "mainstream" society during a time of large-scale upheaval and distrust.

Where do you find inspiration?

I'll admit I'm not very good at generating ideas. Most of my inspiration for stories comes from the nuggets that would-be partners post, and my brain starts running with possibilities after I look at combinations of ideas and wants.

Outside of writing...I'm most inspired by music. Not songs, so much (I find lyrics tend to distract me from mental clarity)...but simply instrumental music. I've collected a playlist of 130 tracks (10 hours of play time) that I've downloaded from a couple of YouTube channels, and I put it on shuffle when I want to think and focus...or drift. The playlist is a work-in-progress, as I keep finding new tracks I like and adding them to the list.

You've got a solo story going on the site (here) - do you prefer individual or partner writing more?

There are Pros and Cons to each, I think.

Writing solo gives me the freedom to write what I want, how I want, when I want...but it's then entirely on me to furnish the plot points and details of the story, and every character in it.

Writing Collaboratively imposes limitations on what I can and cannot write, and also makes me keep a loose schedule for posting...but it gives me another person to bounce ideas off for story and character development.

Not really. I'm not truly afraid of anything, so far as I know. Have concerns about things, certainly, but abject and uncontrollable fear...? No.

Okay, so this probably falls more under "rational fear," but I've heard you guys have some truly terrifying creatures down there. What's the one Australian animal that freaks you out the most?

I think Australia is home to 7 of the top 10 venomous animals in the world. Not sure that any of them freak me out as such, but I'd be most concerned by the Blue-Ringed Octopus. Small little bugger, difficult to spot...and quite happy to nail you a good one if you annoy it.

What's the best piece of advice you've ever received?

Not advice so much, but more of an ethic I got from my very first job: "Don't go home until the work is done". Basically that you shouldn't leave a job half-done, and if it means you take a little longer to finish up for the day, then so be it. Your colleagues, customers and bosses will appreciate it.

But, home has food and comfy beds and pets and stuff! Do you have any pets?

I do have a pet, a black Netherland Dwarf rabbit. Can be a naughty little bugger, but very cute when he's playful - which is most of the time. Watching him scurry around when he sees People first thing in the morning is quite entertaining.

I failed Telepathy101 in High School. That means I can't read minds. If you want me to know something, you need to tell me.

For a "real" fact about me...? I have a low tolerance for Bullshit. Don't give the the fluff-and-nonsense response, just give me the answer.

Thanks again Sync, and thanks for reading!

Up today, @Guitarman talks fish, UFOs, and - you guessed it - music!

Hi G-man, thanks for doing this!

I think the first and most pressing question is this: what is your favorite musical instrument?

I actually enjoy listening to the bass the most, funnily enough. There's nothing that catches my ear like a really present, deep bass line a la Tim Bagshaw era Electric Wizard or Church of Misery. While I do dabble in bass, there's nothing I love playing more than the electric guitar. I've put so much time in to learning it, I owe everything positive in my life to it. So many great guitarists and bands inspire me to this day. I'd be nothing without it.

Music would be my biggest hobby but I feel like everyone knew that? I'm a backyard astronomer and have stargazed with a telescope and binoculars for some 5-6 years now. I watch a lot of sports, mainly soccer, baseball, basketball, F1 racing, and MMA. I game a bit when I have some free time. I've kept freshwater aquariums for most of my life, most of my experience coming with livebearers like guppies, mollies and swordtails, along with South American tetras.

Oooh, what are you favorite teams? I lazily follow some of the MLS, but apparently we're not very good, at least compared to European leagues.

I support NY Red Bull in MLS and am still trying to find a European team after I stopped supporting Arsenal. MLS has been growing exponentially over the last decade or so, many great players and names have come through or developed here. May not have the talent of the EPL or La Liga but its a damn good league. Otherwise, I am a NY Knicks and Mets fan. I like Aston Martin in F1 for Vettel and don't have too many favorites in MMA, just pulling for good fights.

Of all of your fish, do you have a favorite?

I have a male Poecilia mexicana, Franklin, at the moment and I adore him. He's also the most expensive fish I've ever owned and pretty hard to find in North America, so I'd have to go with him. I have had some wild fish though, many things I've been proud to keep.

If you had to pick a Christmas song for a death metal cover, which song would it be and why?

It's probably a boring answer but I'd have to go with Jingle Bells. It's pretty simple so I could mess around with the structure a bit. I'm envisioning it in a style similar to Mortician with some Witch Vomit/Fetid/Cerebral Rot style sliminess seeping in.

In one of the paranormal threads, you mentioned that you have had a strange experience with UFOs. Can you elaborate on that?

I saw a snake like UFO one night. A lot of UFO sightings can be discredited because a lot of people who see them aren't avid stargazers, they can confuse things and end up thinking that something that can be explained is a UFO. My sighting freaked me out a bit because I knew what I was looking at and knew that the UFO wasn't supposed to be there. More or less, I was looking out towards Jupiter from my driveway when I saw this thing slithering like a snake through the sky. It was segmented and certain segments were lit up and others weren't. I observed it for 25-30 seconds before it disappeared. Never saw anything like it again.

Do you think the UFO you saw is secret government technology or extraterrestrial or something else?

I hope it was extraterrestrial. Government technology is more believable but I hope that something else is out there. There has to be some other form of life out there, the universe as we know it is too large for it not to be.

I started out writing on chat based sites like Omegle and Shamchat some 10+ years ago. I was just bored and looking to pass the time back then, more or less. I only signed up for Blue Moon after Shamchat tanked. I had been drifting away from that style of RPing for a while before that so it was a bit of a blessing in disguise. But mainly what keeps me coming back are the people. I've made a lot of friends on Blue Moon, both by RPing and just hanging out in the chat. Met some really cool people on here. Of course the writing is great but I mainly come here to relax and pass the time now. In terms of writing, I like the collaboration. If I wanted to write by myself I'd be neck deep in writing a book right now. I thrive off of sharing ideas and bouncing off of my partners.

I'd likely be described as the chill, low maintenance guy. Not the best writer but someone who really tries. I think that's accurate. I know that I try to be everyone's chill, fun partner. I know my writing isn't the greatest but I do hope that they realize that I'm giving them my best.

When you're brainstorming for writing, do you tend to develop plots or characters first?

Plot first. Always. After the plot develops I'll create a character that I think will be interesting within that plot. I want my character to serve the plot and the world we're building.

On a scale of 1-10, how much trouble do you make for your characters? Do they have it kinda easy, or do you really make them suffer with plot conflict?

Depends on the character. Some I make it relatively easy for, others get a nice easy time. There's all sorts of variables, I play it by ear.

Which Star Wars character do you most idenitify with? Least?

I'd say Plo Koon, not just because he's my all time favorite Star Wars character (Plo never died). I tend to be the calm, levelheaded one in a lot of situations like Plo is. I like to think things out before I do them. He's very wise as well, someone that people aren't afraid to ask questions to, or ask him for help. I really, really dislike Luke Skywalker in the first three films, he comes off to me as annoying and juvenile.

So, early Luke is kinda juvenile, but what about angry old man Skywalker?

I hated the latest trilogy with a passion but think old Luke was one of the few redeemable parts. I thought he was the best part of episode 8, even with the stupid death.

If you could time travel to any era, which would it be and why?

Most of my study revolves around Ancient Rome so that's an easy answer for me. To be different though, I'd say ancient Egypt, particularly the reign of Akhenaten in the 18th Dynasty. Just curious to see what the landscape would be like while he was trying to push his new, heretical religion. We know that they tried to erase him from history after he died but I'm curious to know what it was like while he was still alive.

I was born with a birth defect in my right arm that caused a few issues in childhood. My old orthopedic doctor/surgeon was a consultant for the New York Yankees, and I met him for the first time a few days after he operated on Hideki Matsui. I vividly remember watching Matsui pick up that same injury on my grandparents' TV. Weird how things work.

Thanks again G-man, and thanks for reading!

PokΓ©mon, Plots, and PhDs with @Magatama_Slave in today’s interview!

Hi Magatama, thanks for doing this!

No problem. I'm glad to be of help!

Can you tell me about your username and profile picture?

Well, it's an interesting story, but not a particularly long one. Understandably it comes with some BDSM connotations to the uninitiated, but that was never my intention. Originally I used to RP on Bebo, gives an insight to how long I've been doing this. A small RP community popped up on there, profiles designed around specific characters and all that. I ended up in a small Ikki Tousen (Battle Vixens) community as their Ryofu Housen. I always was sort of drawn to that character anyway. Well, the characters are tied to the spirits of the Chinese warriors of the Romance of the Three Kingdoms area through the magatama Tomoe they wear on their ears, or at least that was how I understood it at the time. These High-Schoolers were destined to repeat the fate that fell the warriors before them. So a slave to the Magatama, or Magatama_Slave was born. It turned out that my Ryofu became immensely popular, and I just ended up sticking with the username long after the website closed down.

The profile picture is a different story, though one not quite as in depth. I've always had a love of portable consoles and most of my original RP ideas here derived from a girl that had a love for her games. So I wanted that to be shown in the profile image. I kind of wanted an alluring appeal, so I just searched for PSVita on image boards, and this one spoke to me. For a lot of my early partners, it seems that was what caught their eye. I guess I've become too attached to it sentimentally for me to want to change it.

Do you identify with any typical stereotypes? If so, in what ways to you align with and defy that stereotype?

I'd like to think not. Magatama is Magatama after all. I think it's impossible to completely separate yourself from stereotype, and I'm sure a lot of people when they come to RP with me put on a different air because of my username or gender. I'd like to think that I've surprised a few people I've met through my time roleplaying though!

What is your favorite PokΓ©mon, and why?

Tsareena without a doubt. I guess I'm not helping this sado-masochistic vibe really!

But I think it's really got it all. It's not an overpowered Pokemon, it's a grass type but not bound to that move typing with its move set. The design is human-shape but it really conveys what it is all about in the design: Those legs are powerful and your eyes are drawn to them and a lot of its primary attacking moves are based around that feature. Not to mention it's shiny form is purple, my favourite colour, which is always a plus!

What's one of the most bizarre things to happen to you?

Hmm. Bizarre is an interesting word. I guess the most strange thing to happen to me that I still cannot get my head around is getting hit on by a famous footballer whilst his wife was in the same room. I used to work food service, not the most glamorous, but it made ends meet. But he would not stop trying to flirt with me, probably some assumption he'd get things for free if I went all gooey for him. But he just wasn't my type!

What made the whole thing worse was the bloke was hit up in a scandal a couple of weeks later in the tabloids for being caught sleeping with other woman. I was just glad that wasn't me!

Haha, you make it sound like there's a lot of time left in the week! Honestly I have a big love of cinema, though obviously that is something that I haven't been able to follow up on as much recently! Gaming is a big part, but I find myself getting bored of a lot of games if the playback loop isn't appealing or the story isn't in-depth.

Otherwise I just like to read, trying to expand what I know. I can often end up in big Wikipedia or Google dives that end up taking my focus away from what I am doing.

A cinema lover! Do you have a few favorite movies or favorite director or genre?

Studying film on a full-time basis makes you quite jaded to most things. I used to be a horror movie fan, but noticing the sound cues and the tropes means that it really has to be something special to grab me now. I have a few favourite films; Baby Driver, Searching, Revenge and Miseducation of Cameron Post just to name a few. I think that movies have a fascinating ability to appeal to people, draw out emotions you didn't know you had when they are done well.

But Directors, as with role-playing, can't land a hit every time. It may be the subject matter, or even the audience watching it, but sometimes they just fall flat. Take Edgar Wright for example. I know I'll get crucified for saying this: But Hot Fuzz and The World's End are just not enjoyable movies for me. Shaun of the Dead and Baby Driver are classics in my book. And Scott Pilgrim... well... that's a mixed bag. Even his latest film, Last Night in Soho, is a visceral piece, but seems to fall flat at the last hurdle.

What is the most interesting Wikipedia/Google rabbit-hole you've been down recently?

It's always exactly hard to pin down exactly where I start these things, I just tend to remember where I ended up. Like the other evening. I can't figure out where I started from, but I ended up on this subreddit about people coming up with ways to ruin food with medicine. Like 'Thick Water' sausages, pesto Bismol and Nyquil Chicken. Needless to say, it's not always what you want to learn, but sometimes it's fun to find these things out.

How did you get your start RPing? How have your RP interests changed throughout the years?

Most of my RP experiences started out on Bebo back in the day. Funnily enough as a Haku (Naruto) roleplayer as the group needed someone who could be killed off quickly and little me with no experience seemed to be the perfect person for it. A couple of months in I was roleplaying a bunch of different characters, some well known, some not so well known.

As time went by though, I found myself having some distaste for canon role-play. I'd either find that I was being held much more to characterisations that were paper thin than my peers, or that I'd have a different idea of how other people were supposed to act. In the end I started to favour carving out my own stories, with my own characters, and I still seem to gravitate towards that to this day. Fandom RP has to have a real hook to get me back in.

What type of OC characters do you enjoy writing these days? Is there any canon character that you'd still be interested in writing?

I guess a lot of my characters draw a lot of inspiration from myself. And my most successful roleplays have proved that when the inspiration for a character is strong, my writing tends to do better as a result. I guess my best characters are always short, curvy heroines with a passionate and loving side, topped with a penchant for being risque. What my partners do with that is what makes it fun.

As for a canon character that I would still love to explore. I guess I still have a soft spot for Ryofu. Tube Queen Azami from Pokemon would be one I'd willingly return to, a lot of those characters from my early days I'd give a shot if not purely for nostalgic reasons. I guess as I got older, I noticed that characters I enjoyed already I could bring nothing new to, and ones that weren't well enough fleshed out didn't grab my attention enough to want to fill those shoes. If that makes sense?

I'd say: Playful. Inconsistent, and worth the wait. Managing writing with two jobs and family commitments isn't ideal. And I try to get at least something down on each of my posts each day, even if I don't actually send them. I'm sure more than my fair share of partners have ghosted me for this very issue, feeling that I may have ghosted them first. But my longer running partners seem to understand. And I've got a good swathe of reliable ones at the moment!

What's your creative/writing process like?

I like to read things through twice once I recieve a post. and if an idea grabs me straight away, then that's great. Sometimes it's best for me to go with my gut and write from the hip, but sometimes the ideas elude me for far longer than I care to admit. But I think about them on my commute, or whilst doing the menial tasks. Problem is getting them down onto the screen!

Your RT really has a ton of interesting plots! Which are the ones that always get attention, and which ones do you wish got more attention?

The mixed public shower and Pizza Dare plots tend to get a lot of traffic. Which naturally is fine. It's often fun when someone new comes along and introduces ideas that you would never have thought of in a hundred passes of the plot. But they always fizzle out quite quickly, both very alluring ideas for one-shots, but not great for an on-going plot.

As for one's that don't get the love I think they deserve, the Leader has to be my holiday one. I think there's some real avenues for that one that can be explored with a truly creative partner.

What advice would you give to someone just starting off on this site?

For me it would have to be my motto that 'casting a wide net catches many fish.' Broaden your horizons. My request thread is a complete mess in my own opinion. But when I bump it it gets attention. There's ideas out there that get hits every time I open things up, and others that have never been given the chance to flourish. People aren't necessarily going to like what you put out there, but it's not for them if they don't. just go with your gut.

Oh, and don't be too sensitive to ghostings and the like. People aren't beholden to you, and don't take it personally, just throw the netback out and see what else you can real in. Perseverance is key.

I've got more meaningless qualifications than I know what to do with. I don't know why I have them, I just seem to collect them. There was a point I was going to go for my PhD, but 'the disease that shall not be named' put a screeching halt to that one. But I like to think I'm a fairly educated lady, just not strung up like one!

Do you mind sharing what field you were considering for a PhD?

My undergraduate degree was in Theology & Film studies, and my aim was to return to something along those lines after spending some time away with my postgraduate work, without being too specific. The problem had always been finding a topic that was both new and interesting enough that I could get enough mileage out of it. I was all gung-ho for it too. With the rise you YouTube and video essayists, I was just hunting for a little credibility for myself I guess! Being Dr. M_Slave seemed like a good way to go!

Thanks again Magatama, and thanks for reading!

Today, we’ll talk Italian travel tips and stylish spiders with @BlooBlanket!

Hi Boo! Can I call you Boo?

Sure can! I'm a spooky person like that. Not really, I just enjoy pretending that is indeed the case.

[interviewer’s note: I totally misread his username and he was a great sport about it!]

So, where is Pizza Land and is it as delicious as it sounds?

It's pretty delicious. 'Pizza Land' is, as you may have guessed, Italy. I couldn't find any other creative names for my location, and that one happened to stick out to me. But it may change in the future!

I actually did not realize Pizza Land was actually referring to Italy! That's awesome. Any advice for people wanting to visit your country?

My main advice would be to learn a few simple words...greetings, how to thank people and ask for directions, which really is something that you'd usually do for just about any other country. We do appreciate tourists picking up our customs. What we do not appreciate is them being overly loud and disrespecting national monuments (i.e. bathing in the Trevi Fountain in Rome). Oh, and absolutely DO NOT order a cappuccino during lunchtime alongside your carbonara or anything with Alfredo sauce, unless you want to get a death stare by other patrons and restaurant staff.

Where do you hang out in Pizza Land - what's your pizza address? I guess, by that I mean: what are your preferred toppings?

My overall favorite pizza topping would be ham and shrooms, though it'd go toe to toe with 'Pizza alla Diavola', which has spicy salami on it. I tend to like spicy stuff.

What's a typical day in the life for you?

I'm currently taking online classes for a pyschology course, as that was my choice for university. So I have classes in the morning, then lunch, then it's time to either A)Drive around the small village I live in as I am trying to get a license, or B)Go for a walk in the countryside. Depending on the day of the week, I either read, game a bit, or play D&D in the evenings.

Psychology is such a fascinating subject - what's your favorite topic in the field?

Ah, that's a tough question! I am fascinated by Freud's theories on dreams and how they can mirror our inner selves, as well as anthropology at large. I think it's interesting how the human mind interpret what surrounds us, and reshapes it accordingly. That, and learning how cultures form and develop is just very useful to know and gives a different perspective on how far we have come as a species, and how much further we should go. I tend to favor character development that focuses on a character's past as a result.

I have a few! As I mentioned, I play some TTRPGs (D&D 5E, Pathfinder) and own... basically every Nintendo handheld and Sony console. Ours is a very strict household as far as brand loyalty goes. That, and I tend to like the exclusives better. Other hobbies include watching movies or anime, reading whatever I can get my hands on, listening to my retro playlist and napping. I've been recently wondering whether or not I should start going to the gym again, which would likely help me out with remaining healthy.

How did you get your start RPing? How have your RP interests changed since you began?

I started RPing in my teen years, after a very, very rough patch for my mental health. I had written short stories before (some of which I hope to pick back up again) but I did not know how the medium worked. Whenever I saw 'examples' of RPing, it was mostly through cringy Tumblr posts that gave me a skewed perspective. After picking up my first D&D campaign, I began to look for ways to express myself. I've been actively writing for almost 2 years now, and it's been a lot of fun. My style has changed, as well as the vetting process for potential partners. I will say though, that the 'big three' (Fantasy, Sci-Fi and Action) have always been a mainstay in my creative process.

Nowadays, I mostly look for other writers through BMR, Reddit, or Discord servers tailored to RP searches. I probably enjoy approaching people more than receiving offers, but that's mostly because I have a very hard time turning people down and/or offending them that way. Some of my best partners approached me after seeing my RTs and it's always worked out great.

How has your vetting for potential partners changed? What's something you really look for?

I look for people I can get along with, predominantly. Common hobbies, views and similar backgrounds certainly help. If that is missing, I find it harder to connect to them on a personal level, and my writing just won't be as effective because of it. Before, I tended to accept anyone who wished to write with me, but now I am far more selective and really want to get a good idea of who I'm talking to. That, and it has saved me from experiencing any of the more unsavory sides (IC/OOC blurring, self-inserts, pushy behavior) of the community.

Where do you tend to find the most inspiration for your writing?

Man, this is a tough one, Lydia! My main inspiration come from writers such as Stephen King, James Joyce and Haruki Murakami. An odd bunch, yeah? In other mediums, my biggest idols definitely are Yoko Taro (the creator of the NieR and Drakengard series), Hideaki Anno (Neon Genesis Evangelion), Akira Kurosawa, Shinji Mikami (Resident Evil), Kentaro Miura (Berserk), Freddie Mercury, David Bowie (who I always pay homage to at least ONCE in every RP I have, when I can fit them in), Steven Spielberg, Ridley Scott, John Carpenter, David Lynch and H.R. Giger. As you can tell, my writing does have a lot of influence from Japanese properties, as well as several film directors. I LOVE cinema.

That's an awesome list! We know that Freddie Mercury and David Bowie collaborated from time to time, but if the two of them were in a fight to the death, who do you think would win?

I think Freddie would probably come out on top (heh), that man had a ton of vitality and sheer energy which would take him very far, he seemed unstoppable on-stage. Bowie always seemed this almost ethereal personality that was definitely with us, while part of his mind was, in fact, miles away. So while I think his lyrics hold an almost spiritual quality to them, his opponent just brimmed with an unending lust for life. To this day, if I could travel back in time, I'd no doubt sneak into Wembley to see the Live Aid.

I was checking out your very extensive F-List (not that I assumed the interview would go in that direction, I'm just nosy) - as a thought experiment, how long would a story have to be to hit all of your favs and yeses?

Hm, that's an interesting one. The fun thing is, the complexity of my F-List is what has me interested in writing multiple characters of varying gender. You can see different POVs and include more that way. Though one thing I always make clear to partners is that some are things I like in certain contexts while others may not always 'fit' in the narrative we are going for. If I was to give a rough guesstimate, a few years would be necessary to be VERY thorough with all of the kinks. Some of the stories have been going on for a year and no smut has ever happened, so that balances out.

I wouldn't call it 'fear', but bugs disgust me in a good way. The only ones that aren't included are spiders, since I think they're cool and respect them as sometimes deadly creatures that can look stylish AF while nomming up their prey. Oh, yeah, I always sleep fully under the covers, head to toe. Probably has to do with those nasty closet monsters, yeah?

Ahh! I feel ya on the bugs but spiders are definitely included in that. Are Italian spiders especially stylish? I feel like they might be.

Haha, they are pretty stylish in general! We don't really have any standout species as far as I know, but the European Tarantula did contribute to the name of one of the more important southern cities (Taranto) and the dance known as 'tarantella'.

Some of my partners know it (I think), but I almost bit my tongue off when I was 7. My brother pushed my head down while I was talking to my dad and I bit down on it. I don't think I have ever felt so much pain before in my life, but it was fun to go around and show other children the gaping hole my teeth left.

Yeah, I had a fucked-up sense of humor back then as well. Things never change, do they?

Thanks again Bloo, and thanks for reading!

Today, @Nyx. and I discuss vampires, stingrays, and finding great writing partners!

Hi Nyx! Great to be talking to you!

This is fun! I appreciate you doing these interviews :)

I work a solid 40 hrs a week. I get up at 6am. Gotta get my coffee, then sit at my computer and help customers design their homes. It's chat based so I never have to talk on the phone. I listen to my music mostly while working. Play with my dogs and then when 3:30 hits I'm off work. I like to write short stories in my spare time. Binge watch shows like The Office and What We Do In The Shadows. My husband and I spend time together doing our respective hobbies and then call it a night!

Ooh, What We Do In the Shadows! Are you more of a Nandor, Nadja, or Laszlo?

Definitely Nadja. Love her sass... and her wardrobe!

6am is early but I'm right there with you. Are you naturally more of an early bird or night owl?

It really is early! I'm a morning bird now. But I used to work nights and I really liked them. Night crew is always the best, I think. Morning crew at work now is kinda boring, haha.

Do you consider yourself more of an introvert or extrovert?

Introvert. I specifically choose work from home jobs, and I rarely go places alone anymore. I just like being in my cozy bubble. That's not to say I won't branch out-- Because that's fun in small doses, I would just rather be surrounded by what I know.

I like to do some crafts. Right now I've been trying to get better at making wreaths. But I do flip between drawing and playing video games. I'm a very "see where the wind takes me" kinda person in this sense.

How did you get your start RPing? How have your RP interests changed since you started?

I started RPing on Deviantart, back when chat rooms existed. I think I opened up a chat and someone explained what it was and I really thought the idea of collaborative writing was neat. I wrote mostly supernatural stuff like vampires and werewolves back then. I then switched to sci fi and worked on that for a while. Now, I seem to be moving back to my comfort realm of the supernatural.

I also started RPing supernatural stuff way back when, and I can still get really into it! What's your favorite supernatural creature?

Oh man, that's a hard one. I would say vampires. But I think that's because there are more options in terms of movies and books to learn from. I just don't know as much about wolves or witches like I do vampires. But, I'm branching out more.

You create and use a lot of beautiful artwork in your writing - do the pictures inspire the story, or do the stories inspire the pictures?

A little bit if both. For characters 100% inspired by the picture. For the graphic art this is based on the story.

I just lay out exactly what I want. I then try to list who I am so that people aren't surprised by what they are getting. I do open myself up for additional questions from potential partners but I'd rather just get everything out in the open in the intro phase.

What's a total "green light" for you when you're talking to prospective partners?

If I can hear a partner through their words. Some people are monotone when they message. I think they are more interested in correct Grammar and punctuation, than actually being realistic. This throws me off and makes me think they are not truly interested and just looking for a quick partner.

What advice would you give to someone just starting out on BlueMoon?

This is a hobby. If you're upset when people ghost you then maybe this isn't a good hobby for you. I'm not trying to gate keep RPing from those dipping their toes, but It's an ever changing hobby with a lot of weird twists. Not everyone has the time to drop in to say they don't like something. And not everyone has the courage to do that either, everyone has their own thing about them! Once that realization kicks in, then my second portion of advice would be to just have fun! Build worlds, create characters! Find people you click with and don't take on too much too quickly.

Third piece of advice is to know what you want. Saying things like "open to RP" with no context is not going to draw people in too your request thread. What do you want? Do you have kinks? Do you have ideas? This will save people do much time when starting a partnership.

I noticed that you sometimes quote your writing partners on your status update. I thought this was so cool. How else could we show appreciation for the immense talent on this site?

Thank you! I think showcasing your partners work is always a great way to show appreciation. That could be from putting a little blurb in a journal to writing a nice message on their wall. It's a great boost! Not only for moral, but who doesn't like seeing that little bit of sunshine when they get online?

Hmmm... I really love sting rays. They just remind me of squishy sea cats and it's adorable. My husband and I go to the zoo pretty frequently and they have a huge area where you can pet them. I would also like to go to Florida when the big migration is happening. I think it would be incredible to see.

If sting rays are your favorite animal (it is cute how they often look like they're smiling, too), what your least favorite one?

Im not a big fan of Opossums. I used to work at an animal shelter and we would get them in all.the.time. I know they are all hiss and no bite, but their hiss freaks me out.

Thanks again, Nyx, and thanks for reading!

Today: cats, concerts, and thalassophobia with @Inquisitrix!

Hey there Inquisitrix, thanks for chatting!

Your username sounds extremely badass. What's the story behind it?

Thank you. It wasn't my original username. I got tired of being a little too recognizable at times, so I figured I needed to change it. I think I'd recently called a character Inquisitrix in one of my threads, and I really liked it. I thought it'd fit me well.

You're coming up on five years at BMR! What's your favorite site memory?

Not sure I have one. I've enjoyed the roleplays I've had on this site, and I wish some had lasted a bit longer than they did.

My cat wakes me anywhere between 4-6 am, by nuzzling and purring next to me in bed, then I promptly fall back asleep after I've fed him. I don't rise again until 9. I prepare some green tea and give my cat a smaller meal, if he's not being a screamy little shit. If he is, he gets to wait until he's quiet. After I've had my tea, I work out while listening to audiobooks. I eat breakfast after that.

I'm a freelancer, so I get to work from home and decide my own hours. I do work after breakfast, until early evening, then I try to unwind. Usually, I play a game, watch a movie, or watch an episode of whatever TV-series I'm currently interested in. I'm a bit of a workaholic, so most of my days look like this. I'm not really free on the weekends. I've gotten a little better at taking free time for myself over the last year though, so I try to schedule a few days each month where I don't have to do anything. But it's not easy.

If your cat could talk, what do you imagine he'd have to say?

"Food. Food!! Give me food, or give me death."

I'd like to think he'd express some gratitude as well because I adopted him from a shelter. Even though he's lived with me for over 7 months now, he still doesn't really like anyone else. He avoids my guests if they try to approach him, but he used to hiss at them, so I guess it's an improvement.

Speaking of taking time for yourself, what would your dream vacation be?

Traveling the world for a year. I think I'd especially enjoy visiting the largest cities.

Writing, music, movies, gaming. Before the pandemic, I used to go to a lot of concerts. It's what I've missed the most, but I've already got some tickets for next year, so I'm looking forward to that.

If you could attend any concert - past or present - which one would it be?

It's not technically a concert, but the 10th anniversary show of Les Miserables. I've listened to the recording countless times, and I don't think it's ever had a better cast. I imagine it would have been an incredible experience to see it live.

How did you get your start RPing? How have your RP interests changed since you started?

I started about a decade ago. Some friends on another forum, which is long dead, kind of pulled me into it. They mentioned how they planned to start a roleplay, and I'd never really heard about play-by-post RP before, so I hesitated between whether I wanted to join or not. They assured me they were fine with new people, and I joined.

It took me a few years to get involved in erotic roleplay, or roleplays where you use dice, but I do both of those the most these days. I do prefer roleplaying in person, especially Vampire: the Masquerade. I've done more and more of the latter over recent years, even if it's been difficult to meet up lately.

What do you love about role-playing in person?

I usually do it with friends. It's easier to build rapport and joke with people. A lot of subtle cues can be lost in text.

What are some of the most memorable characters you've ever played?

I think I remember the first characters I played the most, even if it rarely ended well for them, and one of them was pretty bad.

Vitera, for example, was the first character I ever played in a roleplay. I got some flak from friends for how she was a total mary sue, but I also think that inspired me to do better and improve.

Torment, a tiefling warlock, was the first DnD character I played. I loved her, and I really looked forward to playing her each time. However, I got sick of the DM in that case, so when my character looked like she was about to die, I left the game.

Chloe, a malkavian, was my first character in Vampire: the Masquerade, and while I stuck with that campaign till its end, I will probably always feel like she got the short end of the stick. I think I played the game quite well up until the end at least.

Furore and Rook are probably the most memorable characters I've played on this forum. I enjoyed their smutty adventures a lot.

Where do you find writing inspiration?

It differs a lot. If it's for an erotic roleplay, it's usually a well-drawn character, that I'm attracted to, or a game. For other types of writing, I can be inspired by a song, a movie, or another book. Just yesterday, I was inspired by Almost Human by Lauren Daigle after watching Black Out 2022.

Are there any conspiracy theories out there that you find kinda plausible?

Not really, no.

What was the last thing you read or watched, and would you recommend it?

At the moment, I'm reading Born To Run by Bruce Springsteen, and Everyone You Hate Is Going To Die by Daniel Sloss. I'm enjoying both books, especially since they're both read by the authors if you listen to them on audiobook. Born To Run is quite inspiring too.

I'm currently watching the first season of The Sinner, and I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would, so yes, I'd probably recommend it.

I have thalassophobia.

When did you realize you have thalassophobia?

I was never a great swimmer, and while I can be near a lake or ocean, I don't like being in it. Especially if the water is dark or deep. I didn't really discover that there was a name for my phobia until I was in my late teens though.

Thanks again, Inquisitrix, and thanks for reading!

In today interview, @Xanaphia talks fickle muses and novel-writing!

Hi Xana, thanks for doing this!

Your profile picture rocks! Regarding the picture and your tag line, how do you think those tiddies actually stay put? Wardrobe tape? Magic?

Oh, definitely magic. She's a warlock who built a cult and determined to ascend godhood, none of which would have been possible had she not first learn an impossible wardrobe spell.

I see you have a lot of dialogue with your muse and I think it's hilarious. If she was embodied by a person, what would she be like?

In many ways, she's a personification of my own ADHD, and the way chaotic energy can feed, but also inhibit creativity. So she's definitely me, in my "I took an hour to get ready" mode. Just because she got caught up watching an hour of makeup tutorials on youtube, and is convince she figured out how to contour.

They make it look so easy! What's your can't-live-without product?

Benefit's Erase Paste. It's a little pricy, but a small tub lasts a long time, and it great for covering up under-eye circles.

You've been a member of BMR since 2013! How has the site changed since you first started writing here?

I son't think it's change much, but I think there is a much bigger emphasis on aesthetics than when I first joined. Not that there weren't pretty threads, but it seems much more prevalent in the last few years. I love it, and try in vain to emulate it to an extent.

I know what you're saying about the shift toward incorporating more aesthetics in RPing - I think that happened in a lot of places. I took a few years away from the hobby for life stuff and when I came back it was like the whole game had changed. Do you have a particular aesthetic with which you personally align?

I really like fancy fonts. I've collected way too many over the years, and I love finding projects to fit them to.

I work overnights, so my day starts mid-afternoon, when I wake up for the day. I spend a little time with my kid between her getting home from school and me starting work. Work takes me into the wee hours of the morning, then it's unwinding for a little while by myself until my husband gets up at 5 am. Then I work on chores and get my kid up at 6, to be ready for school by 7am, then it's time to sleep.

I like games. Video games, tabletop rpgs, board games, TCG games. I also enjoy creating digital art and listening to podcasts.

Ooh, do you have any podcast recommendations?

Heh, this is a dangerous question. Many of mine are politically aligned or atheism-focused, but one that's mostly neutral and really interesting is Philosophers in Space, where they discuss philosophy in the context of sci-fi. I am actually a patron to that show, since patrons get each episode a week early, and get "after dark" content, which is mostly the horny aspects of philosophy and sci-fi.

I have played tabletop rpgs since my teens. Before BMR, I never actually did these long form play by post types of rps. Most of my previous RP experience was real time, either as part of D&D or in chat rooms and instant messenger. Heck for my first couple months on BMR, it was still my preferred method of playing.

Since then, I'd also moved away from smut focused rps, into stories where the plot isn't necessarily tied to the smut at all. Not that I have anything against smut. I love a well written smut scene, especially when the sexual tension built to a breaking point, but I need something to happen in between smut scenes. I guess I'm moved away from stories about sex towards stories that contain sex.

You've written a lot of books - what are the toughest and most rewarding things about publishing novels?

It's funny you say that, because I tend to compare myself to other indie authors, and I a pretty slow writer in comparison. It's a field where putting out 2 books a year is considered slow. I try not beat myself up about it. Many of them write full time, not as a hobby in between a full time job and parenting.

But onto the question at hand. The toughest part for me is editing, no question. While I love the finished product of editing, the process itself is painful at times. It magnifies my worst self-critical instincts and leaves me raw. I have been slowly easing myself back into it, and it's not quite as bad as I remember it being, but it's hard to fight against my own distorted recollections. That said, I did finish edits on a piece I made available recently.

The best part of it is reader feedback. Especially specific, detailed compliments. Hearing not only that they liked it, but what exactly they liked about a story is amazing. I have a document filled with these comments, and go back and reread them when I need a boost of confidence to get back into writing and editing.

When you're writing longer texts, like your novels, do you have any tricks for overcoming writers' block?

Taking a break with something physical that doesn't require attention usually helps me. Taking a walk, folding laundry or other chores that are easy to zone out while completing. I find it helps get the creativity flowing. I also like having other projects to work on when I get stuck on one.

You can wear just one outfit for the rest of your life. What is it?

Probably a skater dress with leggings. Relaxed enough to lounge around in, dressy enough for dinner out, it's a very versatile outfit that's endlessly comfortable.

In any other context, my go-to is "I wrote a book." I guess I am pretty tech savvy, and while I haven't built a computer from the top down, I do my own upgrades. I installed a soundboard on my first computer when I was 10.

Are there any tech advances from the past couple of years that you're absolutely crazy about?

I'll be honest, I feel off the cutting edge of tech awhile ago, and I am excited for VR to actually get good. I am not sure it's quite there yet, but within the next 5-10 years I suspect it will be.

Thanks again, Xana, and thanks for reading!

In today’s Interview, @Ironic explains why she’s Chaotic Neutral (and much more)!

Hi Ironic! Welcome, make yourself at home!

Sure thing! I'll take my shoes off so I don't dirty the floor! Haha, thank you, in all seriousness. I'm excited!

What do you consider your most ironic personality trait? Or, are you actually, ironically, not that ironic?

Oh man, that would be hilarious if I was ironically not ironic! So, I am still funny and goofy to people I don't know, but on a more lighthearted level. I would even say I'm timid to some degree. Once I get more comfortable around someone, I am constantly making sexual innuendo's and showcasing my dark humor. It's awesome how I manage to catch people off-guard.

I always love asking staff members this: How long have you been on staff and what made you decide to join?

I joined BMR in early April of 2014. Darkangel76 was the head administrator, and I shot her over a PM and asked if there were any open spots for being apart of the Welcoming Committee team. She said not at this time, but a week or two later she messaged me and asked if I wanted to still join. I was elated! Little did I know, I guess back then they didn't really bring people apart of staff if they happened to ask, if I remember correctly, so it made me feel good lol. I forget the exact timeframes I became each role, but I worked my way up the chain. I was an administrator before, but I stepped down due to some personal issues. In June 2019 I became an admin again. It's crazy to think I've been here since I was 18! BMR will always hold a very special place in my heart.

Having been on BMR since 2014, you've probably seen it all! What's some advice you'd give to people just starting out?

Be adventurous and try new things! Dip your toes in certain kinks you find hot but are too afraid to try out, I'm sure there's at least one person that will like to try it out with you. Don't get discouraged if someone ghost's you or doesn't reply back to your interest PM. I know it sucks, believe me, I used to take things personal all of the time and wondered what was wrong with me... but I learned it's just the way of the internet and to brush it off and try asking someone else. I found so many great friends here that I talk to on a regular basis still. (yes, friend's I made from 2014!) I'm sure you'll find someone you click with really well and write amazing stories with!

What's a typical day like for you?

When I wake up, I go for a walk with my husky then I feed my cats wet food before work. I work a normal 8am-5pm job on the weekdays and have weekends off. When I get back home I go on another walk with my pup! I normally play Dungeons and Dragons with my friends on certain days of the week, and I also play games such as Dead by Daylight, League of Legends, Overwatch. That's all I play right now. I watch anime when I find the time and draw and write. All in all, I have a pretty boring life lol.

What's your personal D&D alignment? Lawful good, right? ;)

Heh, you wish! I actually lean more towards Chaotic Neutral. I march to my own drum and stand up for what I think is right, even if that means I have to break some rules. I can't always be a Goody Two-Shoe, right? ;P

I love to draw! I haven't in a long time but my fiancΓ© is encouraging me to do it again. He even said we can get an iPad so I can download ProCreate! I also love photography. I have a nice Canon camera (it's the 7D model) but I'm mostly taking photo's of my animals. I haven't used it in years though but hopefully that'll change soon. I also listen to music non-stop; in the shower, in the car, when I'm cleaning, when I'm writing and drawing, etc. My favorite artist/bands are... Escape the Fate, Falling in Reverse, Set It Off, Van Halen, Def Leppard, Queen, AC/DC, Different Heaven, S3RL, Polyphia, Alan Walker, TheFatRat, AaronChupa & Little Sis Nora, and many more! I linked my favorite songs by each of them if anyone is interested.

Ah! I shoot Canon as well! Do you have any particular photo aesthetic that you really love?

Nice, a fellow Canon buddy! There's just something about taking photo's of animals that make me smile, but I really like the fantasy aesthetic. My fiancΓ©'s cousin is a very creative artist and she is always taking photo's of different things, like bringing the Periodic Table of Elements to life, and twisting around Disney characters, or creating her own race, etc. It's really inspiring!

How did you get your start writing and RPing, and what keeps you coming back?

I truthfully don't remember what started it all. The only thing that comes to mind is that whole *uWu pounces on you* when I was in my early teens. I guess other people online told me about it or introduces me to it. I wish I could remember what really prompted me to try the forum aspect of roleplaying, but here I am. I was told by my Psychologist to write my own book, but I told her that's not fun to me. I love writing with others because it keeps me on my toes. I never know what to expect! If I wrote by myself, I'll know everything. I don't see that as being fun.

I've heard there's a lot of psychological research to support the therapeutic benefits of writing! Do you mind sharing the reason your psychologist recommended it to you?

In one of our sessions, we were going to begin deciphering my dreams because it sounded pretty awesome (which it was! I highly encourage others to do it as well if they're curious too). I wrote down my dream in great detail, hoping she could envision what I was dreaming of. She was taken back by how detailed I was, and said I should write a book. It made me blush so hard, because writing is the only hobby I actually have confidence in. I expressed my thanks, but stated I would rather write with others and not by my lonesome. She still encourages me to continue writing nonetlhess, because it allows me to venture off into different worlds where I can play out someone else's life and chase after their adventurous dreams. I'm sure a lot can say the same and relate!

How has your taste in plots, characters, partners, etc changed since you began?

I learned I like a lot more story than just mindless sex over and over again. You can only describe having sex so many times before it gets boring and bland. I have gotten more creative on my plots and characters, and my favorite reference images are drawn ones. I can't really get into the real life images. I like original characters more than canon, but I will still use the premise of that show/anime/movie to inspire me for a potential plot idea.

For your characters, what is it about illustrations that appeal to you more than photos?

Maybe it's because I also like to draw and find inspiration from other's creativity. There are so many different styles out there and aesthetics; they inspire me to create potential plot's and character personalities. Sure, you can get the same with real photo references, but I just can't get into the groove of it. I will never judge if someone wants to use it for their character, though! To each their own, which is okay!

I noticed that you love animals! If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be?

You have no idea! I was going to school to become a Veterinarian once upon a time, but didn't get my bachelor's. Any who, I would love to have a Savannah Cat! They're a mix between a domestic cat and an African Serval. They're beauties but also very feral too. I think they rank them from F1-F10? F1 means more feral and F10 means more domestic.

If you had to make a bucket list, what would the top item (or items) be?

Go to Japan! I want to eat some good ramen so so so bad! And get anime stuff and cute outfits.

Oh cool! Any particular cities or locations in Japan? What kind of anime stuff and outfits?

Tokyo is honestly the only place I can think of... truthfully, I haven't researched much into it because I don't see it happening anytime soon. I heard there are maid cafes, which would be awesome to visit. I would like to get some figurines or clothes of my favorite anime's, or perhaps some charms and all that good stuff. Hmm, regarding outfits, I would say those cute frilly Lolita dresses with some thigh/knee-highs, or them cute oversized sweatshirts.

I can purr like a cat and sound like Yoshi! :3

Thanks again Ironic and thanks for reading!

Today, @Revelations reminds us to watch out for the unassuming ones!

Hi Rev, thanks so much for doing this!

I've gotten a chance to talk to Solo and Ironic, and since you're all staff, I want to lead off with the same question: How long have you been on staff and what made you decide to join?

You know, I actually kind of forget how long I've been on staff. I do remember joining the Welcoming Committee some time in 2017 or so abouts – a now defunct officer/administrator messaged me saying they thought I'd be good staff material. I went through the application and become a WC member shortly afterwards. Every time I was upgraded staff wise, it was because there was a lack of appropriate staff members and the other staff thought I'd be a good candidate. I always accepted these positions since I like BMR and consider it one of my primary RP locations, I want to help the community out and keep BMR a wonderful place to RP, no other real reason!

This isn't a personal question, really, but what's the heirarchy for staff? Are you red ones the most intimidating?

Hrm. Well I'm biased, but I like to think that Admins are all pretty easygoing. We're all here for RP, and I'm not in any 'superior' position for that despite a red name! Plus as staff we all work together, Moderators and Officers have as much clout in regards to rules as Admins do, plus I think all the staff we have are wonderful so I'm a little biased.

What exactly makes you such a dangerous beast?

Haha, I usually change my title with my avatar. Dangerous beast referred to my last avatar, I just forgot to change it! But I'm a dangerous beast because the least assuming ones are the ones you have to watch out for.

You've been on the site since 2013 - what advice would you give Baby Bal on his first day as a Blue Moon member?

What advice I'd give a just joined Balmung? Well, it's pretty simple I suppose. Treat everyone with respect, but be a bit more assertive and know when to put your foot down. Can't please everyone, and you should value your own enjoyment in addition to others. That's a hard learned lesson.

How do you think BMR in general has changed since 2013?

Not to toot staff's horn, but I do think staff has become a lot more active in the years since I joined. I see more staff RP'ing, interacting with users, and vibing on the site more than when I first joined. Additionally, I feel the userbase is a lot closer to one another, though that's because the On-Site chat was fixed and reimplemented some time around the board upgrade in 2018!

My other non RP hobbies are Video games (Been playing Deep Rock Galactic and Ender Lilies lately), Tabletop gaming (I'm in way too many D&D games and board games), and Reading (Been reading the Ciaphas Cain omnibus lately.). Not too huge into TV or the likes, though I do watch a few shows now and then (RIP Venture Bros)

How did you get your start RPing? How have your RP interests changed throughout the years?

I got my start in real RP via RP'ing in a Roleplay server on World of Warcraft back in the vanilla days. Ever since then, my RP mediums have changed, as have my interests, but I won't forget the halcyon days of playing a Night Elf hunter.

Can you tell us about your Night Elf hunter? What were some of your favorite adventures with this character?

Oh gosh, I haven't really RP'd in WoW since Vanilla. She was a spunky and confident hunter who had a friendship with a human priest in game, lots of fun times just vibing and shooting the shit.

Between D&D and freeform text-based RP, do you have a clear favorite?

Probably text based RP. D&D is guided by the roll of dice which can be both good and bad, but if you want to follow a specific storyline it's not the best! Free form RP doesn't quite have that sense of guidance and randomness, but there is something to be said about guiding a story in a way you choose!

I would like to think my friends and writing partners on the site would describe me as a loyal partner and easygoing friend. I also think they'd be honest and say I'm not always the fastest partner to post, but that when I do, I give it my 100%!

What is a sure sign, to you, that someone will be an awesome writing partner?

It's a little clichΓ©, but I would say a sure fire sign is genuine enthusiasm for sharing ideas. Turning a simple creative spark into a flame is not an easy task, but when both partners are slinging ideas out that the other person can expand on, it's really enjoyable to write with them.

What's the strangest place you've found creative inspiration?

Strangest place I've found inspiration? Hrmmm. Hard to say! I've found inspiration from things that I hate, perhaps wanting to turn a story or concept I spite into something that I think could be fun. Twisting and bending something into a more appreciable form is always an interesting exercise.

If you had to wear one outfit for the rest of your life, what would you wear?

Probably a sweater of some sort and pants, I would prefer to be warm and cozy if I could! Though I would be best suited moving somewhere cold first.

If money was no object, what single thing would you buy?

That's a tough question. I want to say I'm a relatively simple person, so I would want something that wouldn't be too extravagant. I've always wanted a dog.

I'm double jointed in my thumbs and pinkies, I can bend then back unnaturally far!

Thanks again Rev - and thanks for reading!

Today, @Praxis explains the joy of stealing and β€œbad” movies!

Hi Prax, thanks so much for doing this!

Yeah, of course. Thank you for taking the time to sit down with this particular string of 1's and 0's.

I've heard a lot of rumors about a Klingon moon, but what's the real inspiration behind your username?

Yeah, I dunno about any of that. I'm not a Trekker. Or a Trekkie. I think it's Trekker -- as the guy who created it said it was Trekker, and then all the Trekkies were like "Actually, it's Trekkie." and then he was like "No, I made it up, so it's whatever I say it is."

And, like, how do you argue with that?

What was the question?

Oh, right! There's this movie called Children of Men, and in it, Michael Caine's character uses the word to rather stunning, poignant effect. At the time, I'd never heard it, so I looked it up (this is a habit of mine, I like to learn stuff, specifically as it pertains to vocabulary and communication). I won't spoil the movie, or the definition of the word (I know for a fact anyone reading this has access to the internet), but suffice to say -- it stuck. It's fairly unique and, truly, I don't know if I'd be able to come up with another name that felt right, even if I tried.

It's something I try to keep in mind, as I go about myself and the world.

I have to ask this question - with which Twin Peaks character do you most identify? Is it Audrey Horne?

Haha, no. There's a version of me, somewhere from a Black Lodge, that could've turned out like Audrey. My dad isn't exactly like Ben Horne, and we don't own a resort of any kind, but I was definitely a little bit of a meangirl back in my day. I promise I've changed.

Let's say I think everyone could stand to be a little more like Coop. Likewise, we could all stand to be more like Gordon Cole too. As for who I identify with most: Jeez, maybe Albert? Probably Albert.

Here's the staff question: How long have you been on staff and what made you decide to join?

I wanted to see if I could. I don't remember exactly what sparked the idea, but I got it into my head one day, and I've always been terrible at ignoring those itchy ideas. In school, I wanted to see if I could audition for, and get a part in, a play. I did. When I started working after college, I wanted to see if I could make it traveling (I was often in and out of the Pacific Northwest, Texas, California, New Mexico and Nevada, sometimes away from home for weeks at a time.) Eventually, the stress of it caught up to me, and I had to transfer jobs. But I did it!

It's the same with BMR: I wanted to see if I could. So far, I have πŸ˜ƒ

It helps that I love the site and use it daily (duh). So, it behooves me to do my best to keep it at its best. Savvy?

What's a typical day for you?

Rise: early. Workout: the bod. Drink: chai latte thingie. Eat: granola bar, banana. Drive: to work. Work: as hard as I have to. Troll: chat. Browse: reddit/latest content on BMR. Binge: tv, movies, youtube. Dinner: of champions. Write: probably/maybe. Repeat: ad infinitum.

I used to go to the gym in the morning before work, super early, and that crowd was the most dependable, routine-driven group of folks I've ever met. Same parking spaces and everything, every morning. Does that track with you - are you extremely routine-driven?

Oh, god, yes. It's actually pretty gross how routine based I am. Before I was a replicant, I was known, often, as an Android.

It just makes my life easier knowing what to expect, when I can expect it, and about how long all of that's going to take. Naturally, there's variables because we don't live in a universe of straight lines. This is where being adaptable, or patient, can really help.

So, I asked your buddy @whitechapel to describe you, and he said:

"You know they say that all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Praxley and you can see that statement is not true. See, normally if you go one on one with another writer, you got a 50/50 chance of winning. But I'm a genetic freak and I'm not normal! So you got a 25%, AT BEST, to beat me. Then you add Kurt Angle to the mix, your chances of winning drastically go down. See the 3 way at Sacrifice, you got a 33 1/3 chance of winning, but I, I got a 66 and 2/3 chance of winning, because Kurt Angle KNOWS he can't beat me and he's not even gonna try!

"So Praxis, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25% chance and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning at Sacrifice. But then you take my 75% chance of winning, if we was to go one on one, and then add 66 2/3 per cents, I got 141 2/3 chance of winning at Sacrifice. See Prax, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at Sacrifice.

"But no really, Prax is amazing. She's a wonderful person, an amazing writer, a great friend, and probably the single most rewarding creative partnership I've ever had. Just the best all around."

So, two questions: a) does this make any sense to you? And b) is it accurate?

Wow! He just couldn't let me have one thing, could he? He saw the nice thing I said about him, and he had to go and one up me. Again. That's so typical. What a cad. What an absolute bozo. What a total and complete scoundrel that he'd go and say things like that, about me, here, on the internet!

Yeah, it's accurate! All of it. Except certain parts, but maybe I'm just being humble? That's the word, right?

Does regular writing count? I do that a fair amount, as the mood strikes me.

I craft; sewing, knitting mostly. Before Covid, and when I was fun, I volunteered at a local, family owned theatre near home. I did a bit of stagecraft and set design, but never participated in the acting portion. I find the craft extremely appealing, but from a backstage perspective only. I met a lot of fun, interesting people that way, and I was so sad to find out the owner had to sell post-pandemic.

Regular writing counts! Fiction or nonfiction? Any particular stories or subjects that you tend to focus on?

Fiction. I don't have the patience/I have too active an imagination, for anything else. Like my roleplay preferences, I tend to stick to Slice of Life. Your coming of age stories, or snapshots of an especially meaningful event in someone's life. My longest project actually began as a roleplay, but the idea ended up lending itself better to plain ole storytelling.

It concerns the few weeks immediately following the death of a girl's mother, by way of cancer. Set in the late '80's, I figured there was tons of room to explore the sociopolitical changes, especially as they could impact someone going through a heartbreaking event like that.

It sits, comfortably, on the back burner, until something worth saying occurs to me. Perhaps one day I'll finish it and bum the whole world (or, a few readers at least) all the way out.

I've been writing for about as long as I had the awareness and ability to get my ideas out of my head and onto paper. In elementary school, I remember the teacher really praised a bit of fiction writing I did for some assignment. So, if anything, maybe it was that positive encouragement that made me consider doing it more.

Anyway, it's just something I do. It's a compulsion. It's a need as much as it's a want. I have too much going on in my head to ever just let it sit, and it's just been lovely that I've met other people who feel the same way.

What's your writing process like, and where do you find inspiration?

I steal!

No, seriously, I watch a lot of movies (like, really a lot -- I have a special love for bad movies, but who doesn't, right?) and I read a fair amount of books. Audiobooks count, damn it. I see an interaction occurring, and I wonder what led to it. I hear about a story and I try and insert myself, or some character, into that world to see what effect, if any, it has. It's like Science!

I steal from everything I see, hear and learn. My husband says I'm a replicant (like from Blade Runner), and maybe he's on to something because I'm both amazed by and horrified of the human experience at large.

That's really interesting - can you elaborate on that more?

I just don't feel like I understand most people. My sense of humour has always been a little odd and I have trouble relating to some of the sentiments that, by my estimation, most people hold dear. There's this sort of wonder I get from watching a car crash (literal or figurative), or seeing a flirtation spark. There's this whole dynamic range of emotion going on, all the time, anywhere you look, if you look.

It's overwhelming, it's touching and it's one of my favourite parts of being alive.

What are a few of your "best bad" movies? Any book recommendations?

See, this is where I'm supposed to come in with something like Sharknado, or Birdemic 2, or whatever, right? Those movies are supposed to be bad. Therefore, I don't view them in the same way as, say, something like a Bigfoot movie directed by Bobcat Goldthwait (the comedian). Yes, that's a thing, and yes, I have watched it. It sucked. It was stupid. The whole time I was sitting there thinking, "You set out to make a movie, and this is what you came back with, huh? Bigfoot?"

Now that's a bad movie.

I've seen every single Paranormal Activity (I can't help myself). I have a specific, weird, undying love for most things in the found-footage genre. I've watched Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas (twice), don't ask. And I watched Troll 2 well before the internet seemingly became aware of it, and how gloriously awful it is. The behind the scenes footage for that movie is some top-notch crap that I shouldn't recommend to anyone.

And that's all there is to it. Cruise around the bottom of the barrel on Amazon prime sometime. See a movie that probably would've made you roll your eyes when you were 12, and watch it anyway. You might find yourself wondering, "Why am I doing this?" or, "Isn't there something else I could do with my time?". Just repeat to yourself -- "It's just a movie, and I should really just relax."

In your journal, you wrote back in the summer: "Realizing how vulnerability plays a role in your life is an important growing up skill, I think. Somewhere along the line, it seems like everyone stopped pursuing this and became content to harden themselves by their own definitions." I think this is an excellent point. Why is vulnerability such a tough thing? What's your current status with vulnerability?

Nobody likes to feel weak. Nobody likes to lose. Feeling vulnerable is often equated, on some level, with those things. So, when we're faced with those realities, it's normal for a person to try and close themselves off; to block that hurt. To do anything to avoid having to deal with it. And, while it's important to learn, adapt and appropriate those wounds in our life, it's just as important to know how to deal with, and learn from that vulnerability too.

We all feel it. Everyone has lost, or felt weak or been powerless at some point in their life. I think if we could accept that, look it right in the eye, and address it ...we'd have a little more compassion for each other, and what we might be going through.

Personally, I just try to be mindful of that when I'm dealing with a person or event that may have been hurting. They might be dealing with some wound they don't know how to mend, and it's not difficult on my part to empathize as much as I am able.

A lot of facts are random until you can contextualize them.

That said, I've never dyed my hair. I don't really feel like that's interesting necessarily, but it is certainly a fact. It started cuz my mom would never let me. Then, as I got older, I guess I just started to become her a little bit (oh, god...).

Anyway, not for me. Never have. Never will. I found my first grey hair the other day. It was all long and silvery and I'm sorta looking forward to it.

Thanks again, Prax, and thanks for reading!

Today, I’ve got @Sunshine and Whiskey for your Friday afternoon!

What's the story behind your username? Is it a reference to anything, or did you just pick a couple of delightful things?

I just really took the things that I loved and mashed them together. It's also my username on another site though, I don't visit it anymore.

I see that you're from The Sunshine State! Have you ever personally met the infamous Florida Man?

I'm not really from the Sunshine State(sorry folks). I am from one of the states above. But during my adventures to Florida, I haven't met him yet.

Ahh, I get it - not the literal sunshine state, but more of a mental state of sunshine! Still, there's like a little "Florida Man" in us all, isn't there? Have you ever had a personal Florida Man moment, or known someone who has?

Yeah, like a mental state. I don't think we all have "Florida Man" in us but some of us definitely do. I never had a moment or know someone who has, honestly.

I'm always curious with BMR staff - how long have you been on staff and what made you decide to join?

I've been a part of Staff for a year and a month now. I started on the Welcoming Committee after bugging Ironic(lol) and I wanted to join because I enjoy welcoming people to the site. After a few months of welcoming new members to the site, I decided to inquire about becoming a Moderator and here I am. ^^

Are there any responsibilities that you're like "not it!" and attempt to offload on your fellow staff?

Of course not! We work together as a team to ensure the safety of the members and community. Every staff member has their own obligations to fulfill in their area of expertise.

Five days a week, I am at work mostly nights but on my two days off, I am binge-watching something or writing.

Have you binged-watched anything really enjoyable lately? Do you have any "comfort shows" that you've seen a thousand times but still love to watch?

Nothing lately but I watch FRIENDS, Glee, Gossip Girl, The Magicians, GoT, and Reign along with Downton Abbey religiously and can quote every single character almost.

My main one would be photography. I don't snap pictures or do photoshoots like I used to but would love to get back into it once more.

I love photography as well! What are your favorite subjects?

I adore standstill photography and taking pictures of sunrises, sunsets, and even full moons. It's been a minute but would love to get back into photography.

I started on a chat server long ago called IMVU. That's where I learned paragraph roleplay and T1 and T2, which are fighting styles of roleplay. My interests have definitely changed to the smut side of things. I've only been writing erotica for 3 years now, believe it or not.

What type of plot is almost impossible for you to pass up?

I love forbidden, slow-burn romance stories whether it's mxf or mxm. I enjoy slow burns unless my partner and I decide something differently.

What character (or two) has really stood out as a favorite for you?

On BMR, I love my witch character, Adelaine or Addy because she's very powerful and is falling for a vampire named Luke. I used to have a succubi character, who would seduce her prey then kill them and that was on a chat server ages ago. She might need to be reintroduced to some new victims writer.

Where do you find inspiration for your writing?

I used to write fanfics and sometimes still do just to get my creative juices flowing. If my partner gives me an edge of the seat post, that also drives my inspiration wild.

Well, I used to be a band geek and dabbled in music a little more. So now, I sing and can play the piano.

Really cool! What do you mostly sing and/or play? Your own stuff, or classical, covers, etc… ?

I mostly sing pop and r&b. I play the piano and learning to play guitar. I mostly do covers although I used to write my own material way back in the day. I have some friends currently helping me get that writing spark back.

Thanks again, Sunshine, and thanks for reading!

Today, @Formless gives a shout-out to our bilingual writers!

Hi Formless! Thanks for doing this!

Please's all mine. The concept is lovely and it got me interested.

So, though you may be Formless, if you could hypothetically take any form, what would you take?

A Blackhole. Wait ... that's cheating because its pretty much the same. A console controller.

I suppose I'm more of an introvert. I usually lurk in the back. But I'm prone to just open up and socialize when there's something to pique my interest.

Before work, I browse the usual feeds for amusing news or silly shares on several websites. Shares some of that stuff with others. Then after work, its chores and errands (There's always errands. Always.) And then its writing, video games and on rare occasions, reading, or watching something. I'm a night owl, so there's plenty to go through before the day ends for me.

Football. Or soccer for our fellow Americans. Cars too. And browsing visuals of all kinds. From the creative, to the lewd and everything in between.

Do you have a favorite football team?

Locally, Al-Hilal. Internationally, Valencia FC from the Spanish Liga. They're the underdogs of one of the strongest leagues in the world. Their time will come … eventually.

Yahoo Chess. I know this sounds ridiculous. But it started with someone I played with who was assuming the character of Tifa. I played along, and found my interest to roleplay grow. From there, I started with chat roleplay because my English was terrible for proper forums. Little by little I started joining roleplay forums and that's about it.

What keeps me coming back is the thrill of collaborative effort. There's something so exciting about another mind sharing the experience. A story is just a story, its the minds behind it that really gives it a unique flavor.

I'm always so impressed with people who are writing in a second (or even third!) language. To what extent do you think RPing helped to develop your language skills?

Immensely. Learning English was a self taught endeavor before I even entered highschool. The more I roleplayed, the more I felt I'm lacking in the descriptive side of things. So I always worked on expanding my vocabulary. There were times when I tried to sound so prose and fancy that my partners went, "What?" So it was not just vocabulary that I had to learn but also proper usage ... etc. I'm far from being perfect, but I'm always working on getting better. And the best part of Roleplay, is learning something new from a partner. New word. New phrase. It can be intimidating reaching out to a very skilled roleplayer, but the experience is worth it every time when we click together.

And I'd like to give a shout out to all bilingual writers. And encourage them to employ that into their stories. There's so much fun to be had with a little language barriers and word play.

You like to play canon characters, right? Which ones are your favorite to write, and why?

Leon Kennedy, is probably my most favorite. The character went through a lot of development, and I've seen him through different settings. He offers a lot of liberty whether to play him as the rookie cop, or the veteran agent. While he's a good guy, I'm more drawn to him being a man of the law. Besides ... the RE setting is one of my favorites and well ... the best girls in the video gaming industry. :p

Dante from Devil May Cry. The character has a charm hard to find in any other character. Besides, he's half a demon, so he can be played in a myriad of ways. From the wicked corrupter, to the goody two shoes. (Though nobody likes that) And his devil may care attitude makes him fun to portray, even in crossover stories.

Revolver Ocelot. He was a cartoony villain when we first saw him. But surprisingly, when his earlier years were put under the scope, he was a great character, and that's my favorite version of him. When he was in his past. Besides, the guy is tenacious, extraordinarily intelligent and he's a backstabing SOB. Perfect for a villain, especially when he knows how to pose as a devoted alley.

Do you tend to be drawn more towards heroes or villains, or is it just dependent on the story?

I would say I'm more drawn towards the motivation of the character. Being a hero or a villain, what drives them? Usually when I approach a story with someone, I'm more interested on their take of what makes their character be, who they are, rather than where they stand on the moral outlines. You can write a villain, who ultimately want to avenge someone, only for them to end up taking on a horde of justice seeker just to beat them to one person that holds their vendetta. So ... they end up more villain-y than how they began. Or a hero who pursues a just cause and ends up being the anti-hero. The thrill is in watching how the characters wanders through the story, rather than giving them an outline from the get go.

Other than the canons you pull your characters from, what inspires you?

Visuals. I can spend hours browsing visuals. You see a picture of a woman in a lovely garden, or one sitting on a bench, and you start wondering what is her story. And then find a picture of a man in dabber clothing, or looking like a vagrant. And start wondering how these two would meet.

Its an exciting process, well to me. Most just enjoy the final product.

Do you have any quotes that you find particularly inspiring or insightful?

"Live and let live." Its how I approach the roleplay scene, as well as my daily life.

If you had the opportunity to live forever, would you take it?

Absolutely not. The first reason would be that I have to face endless losses, because things I admire, people I adore will perish. And if they can last forever, then the whole meaning of life being redundant. The exciting thing about life is its fleeting nature. The best motivation to just push yourself to do that thing before its too late. This is assuming you're not afflicted with the dreadful procrastination bug ...

If money were no object, where would you travel?

Natural environments wonders. Best portrayed in a clip like this one. Anywhere in the world where standing in awe for hours is the appropriate thing to do.

I watch cooking videos on youtube, even when I am a terrible cook.

There is something kinda mesmerizing about cooking videos! What's your best dish that you make?

Chicken salad!

I told you I'm a bad cook. But I'm good at chopping stuff up. Unless you'd count an omelette or french fries a good dish. :p

Thanks again Formless, and thanks for reading!

Today, @impreg21 discusses the importance of privacy and security!

Hi Impreg! I appreciate you taking the time to do this!

It's my pleasure. It's an interesting project I came across (no pun intended), so I thought I'd give it a try. It's a nice addition to tight community such as this one. Getting to know each other can only be a good thing when trying to find partners or just engage in discussion.

So, can you give us the story behind your profile pic and username?

My profile picture is the character Inaho Kaizuka from the anime series Aldnoah.Zero. He is an intelligent, scientific, and technical person who acts as the leader of the Earth team and is ultimately the reason they are victorious. He's calm, cool, collected, and deals with pressure very well. He also knows what he's talking about when everyone else doesn't know what to do. I think of him as a reflection of myself in many ways, because I'm the logical type who is very similar to him in real life. If everyone had a fictional character who was based on them, he is probably mine.

My username is a quick one I thought of when getting into roleplaying. Simply, I'm into roleplays involving pregnancy and impregnation, and I thought of it in 2021; it's pretty self-explanatory.

You take security very seriously. What's the advantage of using encrypted services?

This one can get political and opinionated, so I'll try not to get it to that point; I'll stick to facts. Of course, anyone reading this is free to debate my points and I'll gladly join the discussion. Encrypted services are extremely important on any connected network which ventures beyond the boundries of trust; in this case, the public internet. Encryption makes it *theoretically* impossible (this is a technical rabbit hole, so I'll keep it simple) for anyone without access to the encryption key (typically accessed via a password or other login method) to view the data, whether it is a message, an image, or anything else which can be stored on an electronic device or transferred through a network.

Transport Layer Security (TLS) is typically used across networks to provide encryption (hiding the data by making it look like it's been scrambled) and authentication (proving that it's really the person or endpoint you're trying to communicate with, and not an attacker pretending to be them). TLS is decrypted on the service's server(s).

End-to-end encryption provides additional privacy (and possibly security, depending on the use case) by making the encrypted data remain encrypted even on the service's server(s); only your device and the recipient's device can decrypt the data into its plaintext (original) form.

I could get into ciphers and hashing etc, but that would be an entire lecture, so I'll stop here. I'll just say that AES is the most commonly used cipher in the world and is what we're using to connect to, and send data through, this website.

Encryption allows every person, as an individual, to live without the fear of judgement or personal compromise. When people say they have nothing to hide, it's equivalent of saying that you don't care about having no blinds or curtains in your home, and you always keep the doors and windows open. Without encryption, we are unable to be ourselves, and we lose what makes us human.

A typical day for me is sitting at a desk, in front of multiple computer monitors, while I have lines of code burned into my eyes. I'm a huge open source/free software (free as in freedom, not cost), so I contribute to a lot of that. I'm a cybersecurity researcher, so most of my time is studying various security and privacy aspects of computing (also physical, to a point), contacting people, researching and developing products and services, and generally working with people to develop their threat model and mitigations.

My hobbies include my cybersecurity work, which I do as a hobby as well as work (making sure I keep them separate), listening to EDM music, debating, researching various topics about almost anything, and giving information and advice to people online. I also run a secure and private social media network which is a part of the Fediverse (think Facebook and Twitter, but each person owns their own "instance" (server, with their own rules etc) while being able to connect to other people's instances).

Do you have any good EDM or reading recommendations?

I don't typically listen to the music you'd hear on the radio, I find what you may call "underground" music on the internet; YouTube is a great source for this. I have too many good artists and tracks to list, and so little time. I'll give you a starting point, which is Loneliness x Sace - Virtuoso; you can find it and listen to it here:

As for reading, I haven't got any current recommendations due to being limited for time and having a lot of issues to work around in my life at the moment. I'm hoping that I can get into reading more, and completing the visual novel I'm currently working on as an open source project which anyone can help develop on GitLab.

How did you get your start writing and RPing, and what is your favorite thing about the hobby?

I got into roleplaying in the first half of 2020, around the time the COVID-19 pandemic occurred. I started in some Discord servers, learned more about the hobby as time passed, and eventually began to create entire worlds and stories. I typically do long-term roleplays, but I'm also willing to do short-term (one-shots are great ways to do spin-offs for something different). I'm a huge fan of crossovers, too, so I like multiple roleplays to have a cameo appearance of characters or part of the story of another roleplay I've done. It's a terrible feeling when I get ghosted, which happens a lot, but you never know the reason behind it or your partners' lives, so I just leave it as is and hope they return.

When you're planning a story, do you tend to develop the characters or the plot first?

I always begin planning my story at the end. Having the end in mind makes it *a lot* easier to develop the rest of the story, because you can go back to the beginning, then add as much filler as you want, linking chapters together until you finally want to reach the outcome. I develop the characters either before or during the development of the ending, which is the first thing I do.

I noticed that you prefer to write in first person. What is the advantage of this POV, to you?

I prefer to write in first person when the roleplay is heavily smut focused; I prefer to feel as if I'm my character, because I can't get into it as much when I feel as if I'm watching the characters rather than participating. For roleplays which have no, or a small amount of, smut, I don't mind writing in third person, but it's not often that I feel like participating in a non-sexual roleplay.

Where do you tend to find a lot of your creative inspiration?

Naturally, I'm a very creative and motivated person. I never seem to have issues with my imagination or developing a good story with extremely small details which I think of over time. Any issues I have which are an obstacle to my creativity are the people around me and the events which seemingly happen only to stop me; I always find a way around them, however.

Do you find that creative writing and RP help to nurture your emotional side?

Yes. Although I may seem emotionless and lack empathy, I am human and do in fact have emotions. The reason I rarely get a chance to show my emotions is I'm always working, and, especially in my job, emotion has no place; simply, I cannot afford to get emotional. Roleplaying allows me to flip the switch and do completely unrealistic, or realistic but unorthadox, things, which gives me a chance to show and feel emotions and allows me to remind myself that I am human and I do have the ability to do more than just write code.

If money was no object, where would you travel?

I'd like to travel to many places, for more reasons other than only a holiday/vacation (I'm British, so it's "holiday" instead of "vacation" here), such as visiting online friends or working for companies and organisations. 2 countries which are high on my priority list are Switzerland and Japan.

Do you have a favorite holiday? If so, what do you love about it?

By "holiday", I assume you mean events such as Christmas (again, I'm British, and we use "holiday" for both "holidays" and "vacations"); in this case, I don't have a favourite, I just deal with whatever comes and enjoy it as much as I can. If you meant vacation, I don't have a favourite, either, but I think there's a few countries I'd like more than others.

Would you rather be liked or respected, and why?

Respected. I don't care if people like me or not, because I don't believe in changing who you are just to satisfy someone else's opinion. Not only would you be lying to yourself, you'd be lying to them, and a relationship, whether friendly or romantic, cannot survive when fuelled by lies. I get a *lot* of attention by some people, even to the point of hate and personal attacks, during my work because of disagreements and conflicting ideologies, but I don't mind since I know I'm dealing with other people, who are human, and they deserve to have their humanity and the ability to think for themselves. As long as they see me as someone who is doing what I think is best for the people I work for and help, and they respect that, even if they disagree, I'm happy.

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given?

I wouldn't be able to state a specific piece of advice unless it was in the form of a quote, and I have a lot of them. Here are 4 of my favourites, in no particular order, and of many more which I have collected:

"Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting."
- Napoleon Hill

"Either I will find a way, or I will make one."
- Philip Sidney

"You just can't beat the person who never gives up."
- Babe Ruth

"The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself."
- Mark Caine

"Interesting" is subjective, so all I can say for this is I seem to be misunderstood; people seem to think I'm an intimidating person because of my work and the consistent professionalism I apply to even my personal life, but that's just who I am. It's frustrating when people dare not approach me, or I unintentionally push them away, because I'm actually a friendly person who just behaves quite differently to everyone else. Using logic over emotion and fact over opinion doesn't make me less human, it just gives me specific advantages and disadvantages over other people, but I don't want to force people to like me, because, as I previously stated, that would be a lie, and lies are the opposite of facts.

Thanks again Impreg and thanks for reading!

Today, @Retrojapan explains her grudge against tables!

Hi Retro! Welcome and thanks for doing this!

Hiya! Thanks for having me! I really love what you're doing with these interviews.

So, first off, I think I have to ask the question on everyone's mind: why do you have such a grudge against tables?

β”¬β”β”¬γƒŽ(β–€ΜΏΜΏΔΉΜ―ΜΏΜΏ β–€ΜΏ ΜΏγƒŽ) I always knew this day would come, have a seat.

(γƒŽΰ² η›Šΰ² )γƒŽε½‘β”»β”β”»
けゃぢ台返し
chabudai gaeshi

The phrase 'chabudai gaeshi' literally means 'to flip the chabudai' in Japanese. It comes from the traditional practice of sitting at small, low-seated tables called chabudai. Though more of a novelty now in modern Japanese homes, historicallyβ€” business, family, friends, life and death all revolved around these tables, and flipping one would have been very disruptive to the peace. As such, 'table flipping' is culturally understood as an outburst of disapproval, frustration, or anger.

I use it in chat when I feel left out, or just want attention.

You have an awesome meme thread- do you have a current favorite format or meme that you've done?

56gg9y.jpg

172739228-1152420365228856-3379245120877002863-n.jpg

video-image-1.jpg

552wgx.jpg

57bgrb.jpg

578nwk.jpg

5nrrif.jpg

I never sleep in later than 9am, and I fast until dinner, so I'll typically crack open an energy drink and head to chat while I'm on the elliptical. I have two jobs, so I'm either here or there during the day. Dinner time and more trollingβ€”highbrow writing ventures. I divide my evenings between friends and fam, other hobbies, Retro shit.

Dang, fasting until dinner! Are you totally accustomed to that now or do you ever get ragingly hangry?

If I'm hungryβ€”I eat. I'm not doing this to starve myself, and restriction should never be the goal of fasting, you know? There is still a bit of a stigma around it, though, and I blame our pro-diet culture for that. That's what makes me hangry, actually (ΰ²  ∩ಠ)

"Retro shit" (hoarding gifs, making graphics, fucking up code, ???, bothering people). I play bass in a local music collective. I have several pen pals that I've maintained for years. I play 'scrabs' (Scrabble) with a few people here. I like making my own filters for polaroid cameras.

Ooh, how good are you at Scrabble? Is there anyone here you can never beat?

I'm pretty good, but @whitechapel and @BennyQ make me work for it πŸ₯΅

How did you get your start writing and RPing, and what is your favorite thing about the hobby?

A lot of people are surprised when they find out I only started writing two years ago. I never joined an online community or had much of an virtual footprint before then, either. That really changed for me in 2020 when I went blind from diabetes. While I did eventually regain my vision after surgery, I was housebound for several months, and needed something to stay occupied. I heard about collaborative storytelling from a support group for the visually-impaired, where I learned how to use descriptive-browsing and talk-to-text to navigate the internet. I ended up here. Naturally.

When I got my sight back, I had to relearn everything here, but in the process, truly saw what an amazing place this is for writers, readers, and players alike. Of course, my favourite thing about this hobby is the community itself. Being able to talk, share, learn, teach, support, and write with people I would never have met otherwise has enriched my life. Thank you, BMR.

That's such a crazy story - so glad you're on the mend! Was there anything about the site that was totally unexpected (besides the awesome community) when you were able to see it?

Thank you! β™₯ The use of emojis, surprisingly. I felt like I misinterpreted a lot of things before I was able to see them.

I am also really surprised that you just started a couple years ago! Did you do any other type of writing before that?

Just journaling, and some creative writing in school, but never with the appreciation I have for it now.

What makes a plot or specific type of character appealing to you?

Potential for character development, interpersonal dilemmas, ethical and moral conflicts, culture clash, irreconcilable differences. You know, spice.

What, in your opinion, are the characteristics of an ideal writing partner?

For me, the ideal writing partner is human, and remembers there is another human behind the screen too. They are encouraging, imaginative and adventurous, but respectful of limits, and supportive of boundaries. The ideal writing partner is committed,present, and mutually invested, and can say when they no longer are. I think they should be fair and ambitious, but also realistic in their approach to writing partnerships.

You're one of our aesthetic queens here on BMR. How would you describe your style?

╧═╧(-_-)╧═╧

In your journal, you recently wrote about Kintsugi, or the Japanese process of mending pottery with gold, as part of a larger discussion about strength and vulnerability. At the end, you posed the question "Why is it easier to see strength in others?" which I think is really interesting. How would you answer that question?

The truth is, biologically, humans do not take well to demonstrations of strength. Even if they are inspiring, we are, in fact, very sensitive to the threat of someone stronger than us β€” whether or not they actually pose harm or not. It's survival of the fittest, right? Thousands of years of evolution has emphasized these internal biases towards the negativity and frequency of strength so much that we are biologically conditioned to identify it before flexing our own.

That makes a lot of sense - what is the best way you've found to overcome this intimidation?

I think the best ways to overcome anything is by exposing yourself to it, or becoming stronger than it ᕦ(Γ²_Γ³Λ‡)α•€

I had the same locker as Neil Young in high school (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ΜΏ)Μ„'

Thanks again, Retro, and thanks for reading!

Today, @how_is_you talks fighting games, and much more!

Hi Howie! That's what you prefer to be called, right?

I don't really mind all that much what people call me, honest. So long as people aren't jerks about it. Howie's definitely the best shorthand I've found for my username, so I've just stuck with it.

Can you tell us the story behind your username and your occupation as "Ice Mage Hero"?

Well, the username's easy. I often greet people with 'how's you.' All I really did was split apart the contraction and add underscores instead of spaces. Seems to work well enough, and led to more than a few wonderful jokes when people contact me for RPs, sometimes even the other way around!

As far as the occupation goes, that ties back to my suite of avatar, signature and profile banner. When I changed it, I had just found a faceclaim that I was super enamored with, named him Gerart Brassard. I was so in love with the faceclaim, I went to get in touch with the Design Team. Jumbled was the lovely person who did all the work I couldn't (thanks again to them and all of the BM Design Team!). She was even kind enoigh yo edit the actual image for the avatar to be more ice instead of fire, which I'm particularly grateful for. May change it all again, too. Who knows?

Who's your favorite Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter character? Least favorite?

I can give ya the answers for both, easy. My favorite MK character is Sub-Zero. He's the source of my love of ice magics in all their forms. Least favorite is Kai; he's in the same boat as Jarek, in my opinion, being a boring replacement to an existing character, but at least Jarek has some amazing memes to save his behind.

Now, for Street Fighter. Favorite's Akuma. I like his playstyle, his look is amazing, excpet in Street Fighter V when he turned into an angry sunflower, and the whole dynamic between him, Ryu, and Ryu's master, Gouken, is what's kept me around. My least favorite is Rufus, and I'm sure I'm not alone in this boat. A lot of overweight characters are done well in fighting games; Bob from Tekken uses weight as a strength, allowing him weight behind his blows on top of the speed of his training. Goldlewis Dickinson from Guilty Gear, winner of Best Name in Show, happens to be overweight, and it isn't a part of his character all that much. Rufus is the typical disgusting overweight character, and especially if you see the old designs for him, it's just...rough.

Sub-Zero vs Akuma: who wins?

As much as my heart of hearts wants it to be Sub-Zero, the logical side of my brain is definitely going to go with Akuma, and I have to agree. There's a definite power gap there no matter which version of Sub-Zero you go with.

Well, my days are pretty easy. I typically go to work at my job as a grocery store cashier. Then, I come home and figure our what to do with the rest of the day from there. I sleep until near the start of my shift, and save all of my tasks I need to do until after that. I've been on leave for a while now, so that's been thrown outta whack, but should hopefully be going back soon!

I play the vidya gaems, if that's not obvious by this point. Fighting games is my main genre; Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, King of Fighters, Soul Calibur, Dead or Alive, I really am a fan of so many fighting games it's silly. Dungeons and Dragons is one I really want to get into, but all the games I have joined either here or on other sites have fizzled out in one way or another. Still have hope someone will take me! Maybe I'll look for an in person game next.

Ooh, what is your personal D&D alignment?

Personal alignment? I like to think I'm neutral good. Probably more chaotic or lawful than I think, but I tend to try and be a kind person to everyone I come across. Likely a bit to my detriment, but hey, no one's perfect.

My start to RP was actually in middle school. Myself and a group of friends would pass around notebooks where we would write 'posts' in the classic '*my character does this* and this is his dialogue' format. Once I moved away after middle school, that was my introduction to online roleplay forums. It's always been relatively lewd in nature, as far as I can remember. Led to some problems on some sites. Then, I found Blue Moon, waited until 18, and here I am!

My favorite thing about RP is probably inhabiting all of these different characters in different settings. One moment I'm an ice mage in a fantasy world on the brink of annihilation, the next I'm a down on his luck high schooler heading to his very first gaming convention. It's the most appealing thing about it to me. Like a good cake, with a healthy smothering of smutty icing.

You've been on BMR for over seven years! How has your experience on the site changed in that time?

I don't remember all that much change for me in that time. When Request Threads changed to the 24 hour limit on bumps was a biggie. I agree with most changes made here, in all honesty. Haven't really had a change piss me off or anything. Yet. I know Vek's always cooking something up in that cool castle of his, with his harem. I'm not jealous!

One thing that has changed is my being a bit more active on the forum in general. I sometimes reply to intro posts, sometimes poke at forum games, and add my music to the rotation of what everyone's listening to. Didn't used to do any of that really.

Do you have a favorite forum game?

There's the monkey part of me that likes the Count To A Million game. Number tick up good. My actual answer would probably be Word Association though. Not just coming up with your own word, but looking back in the thread and seeing the chain of words that led to yours is a fun part of the game that a lot of other options on that section of the site just don't have to them.

What kind of plot or story do you find impossible to pass up?

Well, anything involving the canon fighting game ladies I love, or anything involving harems. They're hard to find partners to play them out with for understandable enough reasons, but if the partner and I are compatible, nothing's better to me. Even got lucky a couple of times and got a combo of the two!

How do you tend to find your writing partners?

Either I approach them after looking at their threads, they approach me, or a random conversation informing a member about how much I like their avatar blossoms into an RP. Weirdly, those have tended to be the most long lasting. Sometimes, I use an intro thread to gauge partner compatibility when they provide that info in their intro post, and that's been successful sometimes, too!

What would be your advice to someone just starting out on BMR?

The onboarding requirements aren't as bad as they seem. 24 hours passes in an instant, typically, and the three posts are covered by your intro, and either posting a request thread and replying to the thread once, or interacting with the people who come to say hello. Also, start a request thread. Not just for potential unknowns to find you and request a roleplay, but also for the people you're currently in talks with to have a reference point for your likes and dislikes and whatnot. An F-List is nice, too, but the bare minimum of favorite kinks and limits can be put on the request thread. Lord knows how many times I've peeked at a partners RT to try and remember basic stuff about them as a partner after one of us have been away for a while.

If you had to choose, would you rather be liked or respected?

I think I'd prefer to be respected, simply because being liked seems so...superficial nowadays. I'm also of the opinion that respect is earned, so if I'm told someone respects me that means a lot more than just 'I like you,' y'know?

What's something you're really excited about right now?

That would mainly just come down to video games that are coming out. Halo Infinite and King of Fighters XV are the two main hype points for me. Other than that, mod projects for Skyrim. Remakes of Morrowind and Oblivion in Skyrim's engine are my biggest interests there, as well as a Witcher style overhaul to Skyrim's main quest, which is desperately needed. I like Skyrim, sue me, but even I acknowledge that its main quest is the weakest link.

Uh...I, erm...I've never broken a bone before! Which is a goddamn miracle considering how clumsy of a person I am. Seriously, every time I get out of my car I find a new way to hurt my body, it's as hilarious as it is painful, like any good slapstick.

Thanks again Howie, and thanks for reading!

Today @BreezinBy talks about how the similarities between acting and RPing!

Hi Breezin! Thanks for doing this!

No problem! I was interested in giving this a shot.

You're currently #3 in members referred for the site! What's your strategy for getting to #1?

And about the referrals, oh god, don't remind me. It's just a feature I saw and figured that it could be a nice thing to do. I refer partners I find elsewhere here and although it doesn't always work out, I do love helping people find this site. A lot of the other sites I frequent tend not to be the place for the RPs I find, so really anyone that clicks with me would likely click for them.

Can you give us the story behind your username and profile picture?

Well, the name has a pretty embarrassing origin but I'll say it anyway! It has a double meaning, it's both meant to be something that mentions my relatively laidback nature and it also is a vague reference to Sonic the Hedgehog. It's nothing like a quote or anything like that, it's just a way to explain that.

Now my profile picture for a while has been varying pictures of Weiss Schnee from RWBY and honestly, it's just because I enjoy the character. A character that goes from rich bitch to one of the sweetest and nicest characters in the show. Also just always loved her design.

A typical day for me starts early, I tend to wake up at around 4:45. I got into that schedule because I used to go to the gym early morning, the local gym opened at 5:00. So, I'd wake up early and work out, I still do that to some extent though generally, I save the running for 7:00. Otherwise, I'm going to start writing posts, listening to podcasts, and occasionally going down the rabbit hole of endless wiki articles about random concepts that will come up by accident in an RP. Then there's writing... there are either days I'm writing all day or I'm not writing at all.

You're a runner! I've met a few fellow runners/writers who say that running actually makes them a better writer - that they kinda work through stuff during their runs. Do you find this is the case for you?

Okay, so generally on the treadmill I don't get anything unless I'm not listening to any music but I actually think it doesn't matter when I run outside. I think it has something to do with the changing scenery and the actual movement getting my brain running more than a treadmill. Though sometimes I can get something even through the runs.

Have you gone down any really interesting wiki rabbit holes recently?

Too many to list. This is how I found some of the franchises I love now. Getting interested and then playing the games or watching the show itself! Though this will tie into a later question, I've been going down a bit of a prehistory spiral for the last couple months.

I love reading, though I haven't done as much as I should have before. Gaming, I've been a Nintendo kid forever, I've had pretty much every Nintendo console since the Gamecube and that's influenced my tastes a lot. I've been a Zelda fan for a while, my first Zelda game was Link's Awakening on the original Gameboy. Obviously, I was also way into Pokemon, Mario, other franchises as well. I've only started branching out recently with the Playstation I have now.

Oh, I should also mention that I used to sing, some people told me I had a good voice but I've always hated the sound of my own voice, both speaking and singing, so I don't know if that is true. I'm a few years out of practice now. Same deal with acting, though I want to get back into the craft.

I don't even remember how I got into RP specifically, just that I've been doing it since I've been at least 10. Writing happened around the same time! I always wanted to do a comic about the things that I'm passionate about. I've had the heart of a fanfic writer for a looooong time.

In terms of what draws me to writing and RPing, I'm going to be honest, it appeals to my own background as someone in theatre, though it's much more full of improv. It's about thinking about a character and the circumstances you've given them, how do they react in that situation? What has influenced them and what was their life like? And then when you use that training for a canon character, that makes things even more interesting, it plays to my training as an actor. I know their circumstances even better.

You play both canons and original characters - do you have a preference between the two?

Haha, that's a tough one. I do mainly poke my canon thread but it's not really because I prefer playing canon characters, it's more out of habit than anything else. I love creating original characters, though sometimes I admit that I recycle character concepts. Almost too much, I'm realizing I need to make new characters for my original stuff to make me more excited for that. Still, I put a lot of work into my setting, how I want it to feel. One of my favorite RPs is in my Outer Realms setting. But a canon character does have a sense of comfort for me, although there is more freedom than what some people claim, it is almost like a little cheat sheet. I have some guidelines for how that character might react. Though, even then, I have ideas that fall out of even that framework. I have my own Zelda timeline, which beyond the basic facts of the characters and world, is pretty open-ended. Oh, god, I might be rambling there.

The point is, there's a difference between the two.

Besides canon material, where do you find your inspiration?

Oh, very simple! History! I'm a history buff and a lot of my settings are in worlds where that can be pretty helpful even if they aren't historical themselves. I also find a lot of inspiration from people I've met or listened to, not for anything major. I love stealing interesting vocal patterns and putting that into writing. Jury's out on whether it's a good tactic or not, I've been told I'm decent at impersonation, even through text.

Do you have a favorite era in history, or one that you find particularly interesting or inspiring?

I've mentioned prehistory, (I guess that's not history but you know, it's rare to have people talk about it) though recently I've been thinking mostly about the time of the cavemen. Early humans were quite an interesting bunch and it's sad we think about early humans as stupid things. They were just as smart as we were, they just didn't figure everything out yet. Human evolution is honestly one of the most interesting things to think about, when did they become what we'd call human? We know what we consider human, neanderthals were no doubt human, just our weird other human cousins.

If you want more actual historic stuff, I think I might love the American Revolution or the Civil War, though not for the reasons most people do. There are so many little pieces that are unmentioned there.

How do you tend to find most of your partners?

Luck. Pure luck. I don't really reach out, I think I've done it once or twice but most of all I just kinda throw out my net and hope someone gets tangled up in it.

A few years ago, I might have considered myself something of an extrovert but I've quickly realized all that energy drains pretty quickly. Introverted but friendly with people is my honest answer.

Well, it's a struggle thinking of something wild so I might as well mention that I'm on the autism spectrum and obviously, that's harder to see online but in real life, it's also very hard to tell.

Is there anything you wish more people understood about being on the autism spectrum?

It doesn't manifest the same way with everyone. There are commonalities to be sure, but it's not like every autistic person is a super-genius. Our hyperfocuses aren't always something useful. Oh, and we can learn to understand sarcasm and become quite proficient in it, it just takes a bit for it to actually happen. The variances between each person on the spectrum are as varied as within any other population. Similar traits will manifest differently in people based on a variety of factors.

Thanks again Breezin, and thanks for readin!

Today, @Anglemarr shows off his painting skills!

Hi Anglemarr! Thanks for chatting!

No problem, always happy to have an excuse to procrastinate. I think it's a great idea to interview members on site, not just for the entertainment value, but because it gives some insight into our partners, what makes them tick, and I think that helps make everyone a better roleplayer.

Can you give us the story behind your username and profile picture?

The profile picture is easy. I had a wonderful partner for a time who had something of an obsession with Timothy Olyphant (as most people do), it was a face claim for a number of RPs, as I love Tim as an actor, from his suave, barely restrained southern marshal in Justified, to the more unhinged chaotic Joel in Santa Clarita Diet. The man has range and I get told I look like him (though a lil chubbier around the cheeks).

As for the username. It's a botched distortion of a character I enjoyed from a book series as a kid. I'm an audiobook man, so I misheard the name, misspelt the name and misappropriated the name. But we're here now, Anglemarr. There's nothing special about it really.

You are a "Decidedly British Dom" - what, in your opinion, is your most decisively British characteristic?

My stiff upper lip and ability to queue? In honesty, I do love a cup of tea, probably far more than I should. I like it strong, a healthy splash of milk, no sugar. I'm partial to Earl Grey or Assam as a weekend treat. Otherwise, it's just who I am, plus I've found it helps attract partners on occasion.

So what's your least British characteristic?

To stereotype the British, I love to cook. English cooking gets a lot of flak, but there really is a lot of great, flavourful food here. When I'm in the kitchen however, I'm more likely to be cooking Indian, Thai, Mexican, Italian or middle Eastern dishes than anything else, I'm a big fan of heat and spice (though not at the expense of flavour) and my home made to pizzas are something special.

Well, we're still living the pandemic life here in England, but before we head into another lockdown, my typical day is usually waking up about 5 minutes before I'm supposed to log on to my laptop for work. Then... working from home whilst watching youtube, listening to audiobooks. Then I finish work, enjoy a workout, cook dinner and enjoy some hobby time in the evening. The most exciting part of my day is when I swap to decaf at about 1pm. I squeeze in replies around meetings and sips of tea.

Do you like working from home? Why or why not?

Yes and no. It's tough not chatting to friends through lunch, and it's amazing how much you miss the little small talk before a meeting. It's really no surprise my mental health suffered a lot throughout the last couple of years, but focusing on my hobbies, especially my painting really helped.

I do enjoy working from home, my job has changed from general dogs body (as much as you can be as an engineer) to more specialist, which has been more interesting for me.

I'm a wargamer, and all parts of the hobby that includes. I love painting, I've been painting for years and I swear every piece I paint is my best. Then I look back a couple of years later and go "jesus, that's shit". I guess it's a sign of improvement. I got a 3d printer just to enable my painting and playing obsession. I'm a PC gamer too, strategy, RPGs, city builders. If it's co op I'm usually there, I love hanging out with friends, but I hate not doing anything, gaming scratches both itches. Currently obsessed with phasmophobia.

Roleplay I started from a young age. I helped my dad roll dice for DnD when I was a couple of years old as he DMed and promoted to playing when I was about 10 or 12. From there I've enjoyed on and off roleplaying, a significant chunk of which has been online on DnD sites where I was prolifically active for a number of years. Now I DM a lot of one offs and short adventures. Never DnD though. I hate D20s with a passion and prefer more niche systems like Cthulhu, Cortex, Lancer and the like.

I started erotic roleplaying when I joined this site, having only dabbled a little elsewhere before. My favourite thing about the hobby is a chance to do stuff you can't do in real life. For my non eRP side, I'm always the DM, so its a chance to tell a story, engage minds and usually, the most fun part for me, crunch numbers and develop stats behind the scenes. For the eRP side it's really about scratching itches you can't hit in real life. I have a lot of kinks that you just can't really engage with and RP gives me a chance to enjoy them.

Why do you tend to prefer niche systems over D20s?

A Big part of me just really hates the randomness of the d20, I enjoy the variation and luck, but a flat 5% chance of success of critical failure doesn't sit right with me. Niche systems tend to give more flavour too. The rules for cthulhu are nice and fast and loose and really let you focus on the characters, the horror, the mystery and you certainly can't do a decent Mech game in dnd without some extensive work like you can with lancer. I wouldn't say I go out of my way to find obscure systems, but I do enjoy the ones I know. I am looking forward to running an iron kingdoms requiem game soon though, and that does use d20s. (I expect my inbox to die with hate mail for this reply).

You've mentioned recently that you've gained an appreciation for short-term RPs. For you, what's the appeal of a short-term story vs a long-term one?

Honestly? Commitment is a big part. Finding good partners on this site isn't especially hard, but keeping them can be. Rarely do RPs seem to last a significant period of time, I lose my spark, or they do and someone ghosts. I think my longest RP on site has been just about a year? and it was a slow paced RP so we were only a few scenes in. Short form RPs make it more likely you can find partners willing to stick it through.

The second part is the type of story. Sometimes you have an idea and it's great... But there's no way it would last beyond a few scenes, either due to time or kink constraints. I'm a huge fan of "the taboo" I like things to be dark, a little twisted, fantastical and intense, there's no way you can keep up that kind of intensity for a full RP.

Where do you tend to find your writing inspiration?

Everywhere. Sometimes it'll be a scene or a comment in a TV show or film that makes me go "damn, what if they could push this further", sometimes it's just an idea that pops into my head. Sometimes it's just something that happens to me in real life, which again I ask "what if this was pushed further". For my more taboo itches, porn captions are often a surprisingly good source for an RP plot for me. Shamelessly going to say I have wholesale stolen plot ideas from sites such as literotica on occasion.

I find reading (and listening) to a lot of books gives me my inspiration to write. I'm not a particularly flowery writer. Given my aphantasia, descriptions tend to be rather... to the point and functional, so reading other people's prose gives me motivation. Pictures inspire me a lot where writing won't. If a partner throws a bunch of pictures at me as part of an RP, chances are they'll get the best out of me (and faster replies)

Otherwise, when I'm burnt out, time is a great healer. Sometimes you get overwhelmed, either in RP form or real life and you need a break. Over time you start getting an itch for roleplaying again and my brain switches gears, I start looking for plot ideas again and boom. I'm back.

You've been on BMR for over six years now! How have you changed as a writer in that time?

I've certainly developed. I wouldn't have said I was an awful writer back then, but I certainly wasn't as descriptive. I've always enjoyed catering to my partner's needs and likes, so over the years I've become rather flexible in my writing style. Otherwise, I'd say kink wise has been the biggest change as a writer. When I joined the site I was in my early 20s, I wouldn't have classed myself as a Dominant, or even someone that enjoyed rough sex, two parts I now consider a key part of my sexuality. I was just a man that loved seeing women in cute dresses and lingerie and high heels. The site (and finding more adventurous partners in real life) had helped me discover who I am and that has definitely impacted what I look for in a partner, what and how I write.

You really love women in certain clothing, but if you had to wear a single outfit for the rest of your life, what would it be?

I really do! If I had to wear one outfit, it would be pjs, I love them, I live in them. Nice and comfy nice and warm. Otherwise, if I have to go out, chinos, a nice polo and a good jumper are my staples. I'm the definition of smart casual.

Mold? Not really a fear but I hate the stuff. The idea of anything being even slightly gone off makes me retch and I can't smell something like that without being at the point of vomiting.

What's one big item on your bucket list?

To retire before I'm 40? I hate working (the concept, not my job). I work to live, not live to work, I want more time to travel, to garden, to paint, play and enjoy life. I suppose this answer is cheating a little as it would let me tick off lots of things at once.

I have aphantasia, mentioned above. The short of it is that I can't see pictures in my head. If you asked me to describe/think of an apple, I could give you a list of features, but I couldn't visualise one at all. Makes me awful at remembering celebrities or famous people unless I really like them as I really cannot place them without a frame of reference. Even celebrities I really like, I wouldn't be 100% certain what they look like without seeing them. For this reason I tend to have the faceclaim of my partner and what they're wearing/where the scene is set open as I reply to keep the picture in my head.

And as a surprise bonus, I have some pictures of my painting!

Thanks Anglemarr, and thanks for reading!

Today, @Russian Vodka tells us about their twelve years on BMR!

Hi RV, thanks for doing this! How's it going today?

Hello. It's going alright today, basic monday morning so just getting stuff handled that had to be left missing over the weekend.

So, can we assume that vodka is your drink of choice, or does your username have a different inspiration?

Vodka is delicous and should be enjoyed more, however I must admit that my prefered drink of choice is good old mead. Hence why I haven't opened the three bottles in the cupboard yet, it would simply disappear.

You've mentioned that you're from Europe! Do you mind sharing what country you're from?

Indeed I am, and greetings to all other GMT +1's here. I'm from Denmark, one of the few people here. There used to be two others when I was younger, and I knew both in person. I haven't seen them in about a decade though.

Being one of our few Danes, do you notice any unusual cultural quirks on this site?

I think the only cultural quirk I run into here, since it's basically an open forum for open minded people, is that whenever I encounter a school setting thing, 99% of the time it's based on the US educational system. Not that there's anything wrong with it, it just goes to show that there's a massive part of users present here from the US.

It shifts each week actually. But I'll go through the one for this week: Saying goodbye to my SO when they leave for work, then sleeping another hour before waking up to get my bonus daughter ready for kindergarden. After that, I usually go grocery shopping, handle laundry, clean a little, until around noon when I begin to prepare for work. This week I work from around 1.45PM to 10.45PM, where I then head home, chill for an hour or two before going to bed. In between all this, I try to find time for video games, RP's, the few shows I watch and other stuff.

Does binge watching series count? I began to re-watch Supernatural when I got Amazon Prime. Video games, every sunday is game night with my best RL friend in Satisfactory (Much recommendation, it's an immersive explorer/builder game). Also I play Yu-Gi-Oh whenever it fits into my schedule, and I'm trying to get back into some D&D with some friends. Ohh, and Raid: Shadow Legends.

I think it's about half a lifetime ago that I began to RP and write. I think it was on a place called Gaia Online where I began 15 years ago. Man I feel old, turned 30 last month. I went from there to Skype, AIM (for a short while), something before this called DRP (Darker Roleplaying), and then BMR was created.

My favourite thing about this is the fact that I can use it to explore scenarios and situations, however fantastical or weird they might be. I think I've crossed the majority of the spectrum of kinks off in my writing after so long. Other than that, I like to explore my own creativity and expand my vocabulary as I go along.

As the tides shift and the moon waxes and wanes, my inspiration moves like the waves. It's more emotional when I look at my inspiration, if I'm feeling a lot of pressure outside everything, I can't bring myself to write. When I can relax and just take my time to enjoy writing, I can sometimes go for multiple hours going back and forth with people.

I try not to be that person, but admittedly, I've been known to disappear for a month or two at times when I had too much to deal with to also handle being online.

What do you think continues to draw you back after your breaks?

Honestly, I don't think I can ever fully quit this place. There's just some kind of pull that keeps bringing me back in, keeps me hooked and interested and wanting more.

What genres do you most enjoy writing?

Fantasy. Hands down my favourite setting, I simply can't get enough of how creative one can be. And I enjoy the role of being the DM and controlling the world, throwing monsters and NPC's against the character(s) trying to get their mission done.

You've been on BMR since 2009! That might be the longest of anyone I've spoken to yet. How has your experience on the site changed in the past 12 years?

I think I was among the first to join BMR when it was first beginning to grow and reach out to attract people looking for a place to be more free in terms of taboos.

I like to think that I've grown as BMR has grown, and changed along with it. There are so many new people here, new staff, new ideas and new places to explore. It used to be a lot smaller, had a much more awkward PM system. Now it's grown to a large userbase, I can always find something that interests me, even if I know I have little time for it. And with the many overhauls Vekseid has done to improve that quality of life here, I am probably also going to be here in 12 more years.

What's your favorite quote?

"Do onto others what you wish done onto yourself."
Words I try to live by as best I can.

Would you rather be expert-level good at a single thing or proficient at many things?

Proficient at many things. I'm a helper at heart, and I like to be of assistance to those who need me. And I also think it's better to broaden your mind rather than to narrow it on a single topic.

If you could have any animal as a pet, what would you choose?

The chubby reindeer from the Grinch animation movie. That guy is my spirit animal.

I am a history buff and complete nerd, yet I am afraid to delve into historical settings.

Oh! Why are you nervous about historical settings?

I think it's the whole idea of how history has been portrayed in fictional series or attempts at telling old legends and such. I find that to some extent, the mythology and story of the time is made dirty by some producer/screenwriter in an attempt to make things more dramatic and entertaining.

Realism is a big turn on for me, and knowing the true accounts of what happened to some things, I can't come to terms with how the myths behind them are portrayed in the modern times. And it feels like something has corrupted it for me, ruining the fantasy of the historical period.

Thanks again RV, and thanks for reading!

Today, @Barding talks foxes, fantasy, and food!

Hi Barding, I appreciate you chatting!

My pleasure! It's a really unique thing you're doing here.

So, I've heard that you occasionally see foxes outside your window. Very important questions: are they the cutest things ever, and have you named them?

I absolutely do and they absolutely are!

I haven't named them, but I have built a kind of narrative around them, based on what I've seen.

First one I saw was earlier this year, back in the Spring. She was a raggedy, skinny thing half-in and half-out of her Winter coat, with a rat tail and a confident swagger even in the broad daylight of someone's back garden. Classic urban fox. Next time I saw her she seemed hurt: scrapes, bit of a limp, and one of her ears didn't look right. She flopped into a heap on a shed roof and lay in the sun for a while, and when I looked again a little later she was gone.

I didn't see anything for a while after that. Just noises in the night, so there were still foxes out there, but I didn't know if mine was okay or not...

The next foxes I saw, a month or two later, were tiny. Little kits, skinny but with good fur, sneaking through someone's hedge and along their back walls. I only ever saw one at a time, so I didn't know how many there actually were, but the couple I saw looked different from each other. Then eventually, on a sunny day, I saw what I think (or at least hope) was that first vixen with one of the kits! She was still skinny, had one wonky ear, but her coat looked great – rusty suddenly instead of grey-brown, tail filling out! – and she had one of her babies with her!

They're more grown up now, I think? I've seen different foxes over the last while. There was a lot of sunbathing and rolling around in the Summer. There was a strongly-worded discussion with some magpies on someone else's lawn recently. I'm pretty sure it's her and her kids, and they're all doing okay.

I don't know. I'm no foxspert. I don't even really know how to tell from a distance if a fox is male or female, except by vaguely going, "Well, her head's narrower and pointier so..." But this way it works out as a compelling little underdog-to-comeback story, so it's the story I'm sticking with.

You're an Aries: "Those born under this zodiac sign are often called the pioneers of the zodiac, and it's their fearless trek into the unknown that often wins the day. Aries is a bundle of energy and dynamism, kind of like a Pied Piper, leading people along with its charm and charisma. The dawning of a new dayβ€”and all of its possibilitiesβ€”is pure bliss to an Aries." How accurate would you say this is?

Horribly accurate.

I'm a morning person, at least up to a point. At least in the sense that that's the time of my day I'm best at getting anything done.

I think someone once told me that Aries is the Cardinal Fire Sign, meaning that it's the kindlingest enkindler in the Zodiac. (I don't know. I'm no astrology expert. I might be misremembering. Are you seeing a theme developing here?) Basically it's the spark that lights the fire. I think that tracks? I'm great at starting projects, instigating things, getting people into new things. Lots of energy for those, and lots of excitement for new things, potential, options... The problem is keeping momentum. Keeping the fire fuelled.

And then my Moon's in Libra which further confuses things...

Have you found any particular tricks for keeping momentum with your projects?

Besides just not stopping?

That's another place where collaboration really helps, actually. It helps to have an audience. That's true of writing solo too; I've definitely found that in the past. Even if I'm working on something just for myself, I have friends that I share bits and pieces with. Or that I just gush to when I've written something I'm proud of! But a cowriter's the most active, captive kind of audience, right?

For me at least, a steady drip-feed of their excitement keeps my own excitement going.

Other than that, I tend to consume a lot of media that feels relevant or inspirational. That might be TV shows or movies or podcasts or video games that have similar vibes, aesthetics, moods, genre. That might be books that do the same, or that just have some kinda stylistic element to them that I'm trying to stealemulate for the project in question. It might mean teaching myself a bunch about something relevant: 16th century alchemy, 15th century Italian longsword fencing, Tang dynasty poetry, Spanish, guerrilla gardening... It all helps keep a little piece of my mind working on that project in the background.

For someone who just spent so much time saying how much new things excite me, I'm a creature of habit.

If I'm left to my own devices (i.e. I have a day off work) I'll get up about 7:00, do maybe twenty minutes of yoga, wash and dress and make myself pretty. I'll either eat some granola and Greek yogurt and an apple and some dried fruit (or blueberries if I could get them cheap), or make a breakfast burrito or shakshuka or, like, some congee with lao gan ma crispy chilli oil and spring onion and a very very fried egg. Also a big cup of black coffee, moka potted into existence.

I'll stick my head into the internet. Respond to PMs and DMs. Pull my head out of the internet. Maybe write a little. Set a timer, read and try to ignore other things till the bell goes.

I might go on a brisk, hour long walk, or a run if I'm feeling spicy. Eat some fruit for lunch, have another coffee.

Until 5 or so, I'll write more, read more, potter about the flat and clean things and do laundry and think about dinner. (Honestly, I'll have been thinking about dinner since breakfast. Maybe since dinner the previous night. If I'm being ambitious or exciting about dinner, I might walk or cycle somewhere for groceries. I have one of my city's only Mexican shops near me, and a pretty good Turkish greengrocer's, and a decent Chinese supermarket, an Indian place and a West African place...)

Then I'll fix myself a cocktail, make dinner, eat dinner. And by then my brain starts to shut down a little, especially if it's dark out. I'll play videogames, talk to the people who are important to me, edit writing I did earlier, that kind of thing. Watch an episode of something, usually while doing a vague bit of exercise. Head to bed.

More exciting things happen sometimes, but that's the kind of day that really recharges me.

I'm a former distance runner and current long-walk-taker, and I'm forever trying to make the case for running/walking assisting in the creative process by clearing out all the mundane muck and making room for new ideas. Do you find this is the case for you?

Definitely. At least I think so.

Empty your brain out and fill it with stimuli that don't take a lot of accommodating or processing, and the brain starts wandering, associating, picking things up that you'd put down and turning them around to look at them from different angles...

Maybe it's why people have good ideas in the shower or the bath too? Either that or the brain, that fucker, knows when you don't have any way of writing things down and chooses that exact moment to dump on you...

Something I realised when I was talking about my Typical Day is that, when I'm cooking, or walking, or doing anything that doesn't need me to make anything verbal happen in my brain, I'll be listening to audiobooks, podcasts, or music. When my brain does need to make words happen though, I need silence, otherwise I can't concentrate.

I read. Mostly novels, some poetry, some non-fiction. One book at a time, because I don't have the attention span to do anything else. I have to finish what I'm reading before I can move onto something new.

There's the cooking, the eating, the learning about food. Cooking for people is really important to me. I'm also really boring about wine.

I was pretty into bouldering before the pandemic hit. Not so much these days, but I'm looking forward to getting back in the game, maybe soon!

I collect, read, and steal ideas from tabletop roleplaying games and other kinds of storytelling game, but almost never end up playing them.

I fall in and out of teaching myself languages. (Again: Great at starting things. Not so great at following through.)

And I fall down research holes where I have to learn everything about and completely immerse myself in a particular topic like, for example, the French Revolution. (The Robespierre and Danton and guillotines one; not the Les MisΓ©rables one.)

If you were going to play a tabletop roleplaying/storytelling game, which one would you choose?

I've got a lot of love for Apocalypse World. It's a very very collaborative, co-authorship oriented storytelling game where the players and the GM improvise a sort of Mad Max-y, weird wasteland world, according to what they all collectively want, and what the world needs in order to make their character ideas function. And then the actual gameplay revolves around...almost making soap opera bullshit pan out between the characters. Slice of life in a weird, vicious world, where the characters all want something.

Monster Hearts uses a refinement of the same system to tell stories about teenagers in a small town being absolute messes and also β€” oh, yeah β€” literal monsters. (And all the monstrousness is also a collection of metaphors for manipulation, trauma, shame, isolation, visibility v.s. invisibility, powerlessness and empowerment, etc.) Think Carrie and Ginger Snaps, Buffy, Jennifer's Body, The Craft.

My personal favourites, though, are Forged in the Dark games. That is, games based on the system used by Blades in the Dark, like Monster Hearts is based on the system of Apocalypse World.

They're gorgeously open in terms of what they let you do. The core dice mechanic is really nicely balanced towards player agency but also high-stakes, and is all about how much a character is willing to risk, lose, or sacrifice of themselves to get what they want. It's cool that they also treat the group – whether that's a gang of criminals, or a mercenary company, or a ship of spacefaring underdogs, or a small community, or what – as a character in itself, that develops and improves and grows the way individual characters do.

But the best thing about them, for me anyway, is the way they fill dead air. FITD games have a kind of cycle at the heart of their gameplay. The gang does a dangerous, potentially rewarding thing; the gang deals with the fallout of the thing, recovers, works on longer term goals, looks for a new thing. And it repeats, with both phases of the cycle having different rules, a different kind of pacing, and giving players different options. In both phases, the rules act as a framework that helps you, as a teller of the story, to feel consistently inspired and aware of cool stuff you could do next, without actually intruding on that stuff or slowing it down much. They guide you, and cut down on indecision about what to do or where things are going, but also give you ways to surprise yourself: curveballs, downfalls, plot twists.

Basically I like games that work as aides to improvising story, and go heavy on the interpersonal, character-driven stuff. I like democracy, co-ownership. I don't like games that put one person in charge of the story, the preparation, the judgement calls, and turn everyone else into passengers. Messy chaotic momentum and playing to find out what happens, every time!

You have a particular fondness for writing anti-heroes - what, in your opinion, is the most enjoyable element of this type of character?

I think it's the way it immediately expands your options.

Heroes come in lots of shapes and sizes and variations, sure. But the Hero's Journey, the monomyth, whatever you wanna call it, is narrow. It's all about keeping to the path, reaching the end, regardless of how difficult that gets, or how tempting it is to stray.

An anithero can deviate. An antihero's plot and path can meander much more. An antihero can be inconsistent, intemperate, extreme, indifferent; can look and act and present and express themselves in more varied ways without that variation needing to be part of the heroism, or the journey, or the struggle.

And because they can deviate, and generally be a bit of a mess, I feel like antiheroes can grow more over the course of a story β€” often in unexpected, non-linear ways. A hero kinda has to progress and change for the better, or deteriorate and sacrifice themselves for their goals. An antihero can just change and develop. They can be whole, fallible, complex people, more than just vehicles for plot.

I guess they're more naturalistic, more real, more human and relatable to me?

You've published a novel! Do you have a strong preference for individual vs collaborative writing?

I love writing either way. (Lets be real: it's also awful sometimes, but the only thing worse than writing is not writing. Right? Right?) I don't think I have a preference, but I do have this real deep-seated need to share what I love, so collaborating scratches that itch in a way that not much else does. I find that really fulfilling.

I see that you enjoy cooking - what are some of your best dishes?

My risotto alla milanese con ossobuco is devastating. I do a trick with the saffron that comes from Persian cooking: grinding the threads in a pestle and mortar with a little bit of granulated sugar to act as an abrasive, then pouring in a splash of not-quite-boiling water, and letting it steep. You'll end up with a shotglass or two of very intense, slightly sweet saffron tea that you can splash into the risotto, and you get a lot more flavour and colour from less saffron that way.

My chilaquiles are pretty good.

I do a lazy-ass version of di san xian where I roast the aubergine and potatoes instead of deep-frying them, then I fold them into the stir-fried sauce just like normal.

My sabse borani slaps. Just lots of sauteΓ©d fresh green herbs and leafy greens stirred into gently spiced yogurt and scooped up with bread? Hell yeah.

I've also got a pretty uncanny ability to turn anything anyone might have in their fridge and store cupboards into something fun. Leftovers are awesome to play around with for that.

And then, for lazy weeknights where I've got nothing in the fridge, there's always tadka dal or pasta alla puttanesca.

So, now I'm really hungry. How did you learn to cook, and where do you find your recipes?

I'm so sorry. (Wait, me too!)

Mostly my mum taught me. She was classically trained but short on time, and as a kid I was an absolute pain when it came to dinner: an awful combination of curious, opinionated, and overexcited. So she started encouraging me to help her out in the kitchen, with a view to eventually letting me take over. I think the first thing I ever cooked completely by myself was pasta carbonara.

By the time I was 16 or so, I was cooking for friends, and handling most of the weeknight cooking once I came back from school. The kinds of things my mum and I like to cook had ended up pretty different over the years, but she taught me my foundations!

Since then I've worked in kitchens and sucked up knowhow from that. I watch food documentaries and recipe videos and take details and techniques from there. I have a big shelving unit of cookbooks behind me that I read, partly for recipes, partly to get a better understanding of where a particular cuisine comes from, what defines and underlies it, how it grew historically.

Buuuuut I'm terrible at following recipes. I just don't have the patience or the attention span. If I'm cooking a specific kind of dish, I'll search up and read a bunch of different recipes, I'll get a sense of what the dish is about... And then I'll get in the kitchen and make it from memory. I learn better that way, learn techniques and flavour profiles I can reuse elsewhere, and over time I end up with my own internal recipe that I follow whenever I make it.

It's all a pretty organic, intuitive, improvisational process... And it probably explains why I can't bake for shit.

I have a folder of bizarre and extremely specificreaction pictures and gifs that I never get to use... Including, for some reason, context-free bits of the Colombian historical drama BolΓ­var that I saved because they spoke to my soul.

Thanks again Barding, and thanks for reading!

Last edited:
Today, @MrNyarlathotep talks Elder Gods, Art, and Space!

Hi MrNyarlathotep, thanks for chatting! Can I call you Mr. N?

Sure.

So, that's a good place to start! Can you give us the story behind your username?

"As if beckoned by those who had gone before, I half floated between the titanic snowdrifts, quivering and afraid, into the sightless vortex of the unimaginable."

I play a ton of Call Of Cthulhu offsite and Nyarlathotep is my favorite elder god.

Would you consider yourself more of an introvert or extrovert?

I'm certainly more of an introvert. I wish I was an extrovert though. I need to talk to people more even though I'm unskilled at it.

Fairly uneventful. My life is as average and as dull as anyone else.

I guess you can say I'm a bit of a renaissance man. I have very eclectic hobbies. Automative things always catch my eye, I can watch an hour-long documentary on Soichiro Honda and be quite enthralled by it. I also have a certain fondness for history as well.

I've also tried to learn Japanese and Spanish in the past but I lack the commitment to do so.

What's your favorite time period in history to study?

Both World Wars feel like the obvious answer. I think the criticism that there's too much of a focus on those two wars by historians is fair but we have more information available about them than any other time period. We had the technology to film and photograph those wars as opposed to the Thirty Years War or the War of the Fourth Coalition.

As much as we do know about the Roman Empire, for example, a lot of it is reconstruction and interpretation. Caligula is a perfect example of that. The popular view of Caligula is that he was a hedonistic wildman but we adapted that view from depictions of him in history books written by his detractors. Once you get to a certain point in human history, everything becomes conjecture. People living in Ancient Greece didn't think that they needed to record their actions for posterity. That only became a thing relatively recently on the scale of human history.

I've been roleplaying for close to twenty years now. I remember the days of AIM and Yahoo Instant Messanger. It's a bit hard to remember everything from that far back though.

My favorite part of the hobby is a bit strange. There's a nervousness I get when reading my partner's replies. There's a sort of restrained excitement I feel when I have to reply to a post.

What types of plots or characters do you favor when brainstorming?

I wish I was more diverse as a writer but I tend to write what I would consider traditional dominant characters.

I'm very comfortable with that type of character and I have a lot of experience with it as well. That role also has the most amount of demand for it from what I've seen.

I read a lot, but not nearly as much as I should. As a child, I was also a huge cinephile. I've always been fascinated by the construction and deconstruction of narratives. I love transgressive media even though that term is criminally misused in the modern world.

I enjoy art that challenges people's morality and their perspectives on the world. There's not enough art like that today. Everything has become sanitized and uninspired. Art is no longer made to please the artist, it's made to please society and I think that's a terrible way to make art. A lot of modern media lacks the passion and authenticity that made art irrepressible in the past.

When, in your opinion, was an era when art was passionate and authentic?

This is a great question. I'm not naive enough to believe that all art was ever free of commercial interest but I think in the past the onus was much more on the audience to understand the art than for the artist to respect the audience.

I honestly think that any era that is not the era we are in would count. This is a very modern issue. People have always been offended by art but society never listened to them before. This is a very new and strange phenomenon.

What's the best piece of advice you've ever been given?

"My Dear,

Find what you love and let it kill you. Let it drain you of your all. Let it cling onto your back and weigh you down into eventual nothingness. Let it kill you and let it devour your remains. For all things will kill you, both slowly and fastly, but it's much better to be killed by a lover.

-Falsely yours"

If money were no object, where would you travel and what would you do?

If money were truly not a hinderance, I would go to space. Imagine being the first person to meet an extrateristal species, it would be completly life altering. It would change who you at your core. The knowledge that there is a world beyond humanity is something both alluring and frightening at the same. It's almost unfathomable when you truly think about it.

Ooh, space! If you were the first person to make contact, how would you represent yourself?

It depends on what sort of species I make contact with. If you look at human space exploration, we send robots before we send people so I would expect to make contact with a robotic species.

I think if we ever make contact, we'll meet an artificially constructed robotic species as opposed to an organic one. I don't think organic material holds up to intergalactic travel particularly well. I think launching artificial Intelligence into space is much easier than launching a person.

What's one thing you're really excited about right now?

I'm not the sort of person who gets exicited about many things though I will say that I am involved in a Kult: Divinty Lost campaign at the moment. I'm somewhat exicited about our next group session.

Sweet! What do you find exciting about the upcoming session?

We've been infected with a magical virus so we're trying to figure out who invented that virus and why at the moment. It's a bit of a mystery at the moment. We were all infected by a group contact so I don't think we were targeted but I could be wrong on that.

I never had a broken bone in my life nutil last year when I broke my foot in half. I had stress factures in my third, fourth and fifth metatarsal bones.

Thanks again, Mr. N, and thanks for reading!

Back
Top Bottom