Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Pokemon: Dreams [Typical Blue Haired Dude x Revelations] (NSFW links inside)

Typical Blue Haired Dude

An Average Guy with Not-So-Average Hair Color
Legend says that a long time ago, Pokemon and humans used to be one and the same, implying that they lived together and even mated with each other. At some point, scientists that specialized in Pokémon looked at this legend and decided to experiment to see if they could somehow restore that relationship between human and Pokémon. Eventually, they made a major breakthrough and found a method to allow Pokémon to reach human form! On top of that, Pokemon can revert to their original forms for battle, but will now stay in human form anytime else to conserve energy. The Atla region would then become the capital for humanized Pokemon, which people commonly referred to as Gijinka. On top of that, laws passed in the region that allowed Pokemon trainers to not only sexually engage with the Pokemon, but with fellow trainers if they managed to defeat them. However, due to the news spreading quickly and in an attempt to protect the Pokémon, the borders on Atla grew severely strict to the point where barely anyone could enter. As a result, a large majority of the human population would be female as restrictions were mostly placed upon men. Only a few lucky ones would be able to enter, and even then it would be difficult for them to maintain a career as a trainer.

One lucky man that managed to somehow meet all the requirements was a young adult named Andrew. After getting all of his paperwork finished, he managed to move into the Atla region and meet with the professor there in order to get his starter Pokemon that would stay by his side during his entire journey. After some careful consideration, he found a Pikachu that he felt he personally connected with and took her under his wing. Feeling rather excited about his journey, he walked out of the lab with her by his side, eager to see what she was capable of.

“So, Pikachu! Are you excited on helping me out on becoming champion? We’ll be having plenty of adventures, on our way and many battles, so I’ll be sure to make you one of the strongest Pokémon out there!”

[CHARACTERS]

Trainers:

Andrew ~ Main Protagonist

Andrew’s Pokémon:
Pikachu

The Atla region was a unique oddity among the various regions of the pokemon world – perhaps a little more rustic in the ways of pokemon and human interaction… And of course, known for being rather secretive and exclusive, it was the dream of many men to get in yet a rather rare reality for most. Not so much for Andrew, however! Aquilatown was one of the smallest towns in the Atla region, boasting a tiny population that acted as something of a welcoming center for new arrivals. Most started their journey from the town, the professor always happy to see trustworthy people. Surprisingly, rather than the usual starter types, Andrew had been given an Electric type – A pikachu. They were a rarity in the Atla region, so it was something of an auspicious gift to the newcomer. Like many pokemon within the Atla region, this pikachu – named Ria, was a bit special with the ability to change between a virtually human form, and the regular, mousy form of the electric rodent.

Clad in a yellow hoodie, Ria would stand around a head shorter than Andrew were it not for her long ears that reached up to just about eye level with the other man. With blonde hair that had been tied loosely into twintails, the young woman seemed full of energy with a certain spring to her step as she followed alongside her new trainer. “What?” it wasn’t a question asked out of inattention, but rather of surprise. “Of course I am, Andrew!” A smile broke across her features as she rushed to walk alongside him. With the Atla region covered in broad swathes of wilderness, it wasn’t hard to see the nearby Gemini Woods, which separated Aquilatown from Lyra Town – the first real town with a gym in it. “Are you ready though? Got anywhere to go like the pokestore or maybe saying g’bye to any family you have here?” It was an innocent question, despite the almost impatient tone to her voice.

Andrew, while perplexed that the professor was willing to give him such a rare Pokémon in the region due to how difficult it was to enter for him in the first place, much enjoyed the new company. Her excitement felt very encouraging; it was a nice breath of fresh air compared to all the looks of scrutiny he had to bear through during the interrogations. In a way, she appeared even more excited than he was about becoming a trainer. He began to wonder how long she stayed in that research lab until now, but it was not too important at the moment. Now he had to worry about starting his legacy to be the very best!

“Ah, my family’s actually not from here, I traveled alone. I just need to buy some Poké Balls from the store so I can build up my team. I hope you don’t mind having a few friends around, Ria.” He stretched his arms out and leaned back, taking a more relaxed and informal posture.

The reason a trainer was offered a certain Pokémon was often left vague, especially when it came to the male trainers that were so rare in the region. Ria hadn't spoken much about her history either but by all accounted she appeared to be a more forward thinking woman at the same time. "Oh? Okay! That makes sense." Ria spoke, going along with what Andrew said. "Not at all, the professor gave you some money do to exactly that, right? Just make sure to buy a potion or two so I don't get too banged up making new friends." With Ria walking alongside him, it was a little easy to note that indeed, most of the people in Aquila town seemed to be women. While there was no absolute certainty, there was still the possibility that Andrew was the only man within the town whatsoever. Even the marketplace just had a few shoppers and a more matronly clerk overseeing the stores. he was welcomed in readily all the same however, and no one really batted a second eye at him once he entered the store - which held the usual items one could buy. Balls, potions, even some repellants, just in case he needed to keep Pokémon at bay.

He didn’t consider getting a potion this early in his adventure, as low leveled Pokémon weren’t too difficult to capture. That being said, bumping into another trainer would be problematic without any potions; people typically frowned upon turning down a challenge, and he didn’t want to leave such terrible first impression.

“Yeah, you got a good point. We should be prepared for anything that might come our way. I’ll be sure to grab both Poké Balls and potions for you.”

As they headed to the local markets, Andrew purchased 10 Poké Balls and 5 potions. Thankfully, the professor was quite generous with his starting cash, and he still had a couple hundred PokéDollars to buy some extra items in case things went south quickly. After a quick drop-in, the both of them headed to the first route in an attempt to start their quest.

“So tell me, Ria. This may seem random, but what’s your favorite food? I’m still quite new to this whole human Pokémon thing, so I wanna know if you eat the same kind of food I do.” A rather simple question, perhaps a silly one at that. Still, he figured it would be at least something that would help him get to know her better.

“Food?” Ria spoke, thinking for a bit. “Well we can eat human food but I do like berries too, at least in pokemon form. So I can go with anything but if I had to list off my favorite food… It’d be… yakitori chicken. I had it a few times before and it was amazing!” Just thinking about it made her hungry ever so slightly, but she did her best to hide any potential hunger pangs. “What about you, Andrew?” She asked after the man had done his shopping, his inventory now that much more full with goodies. “Oh, and gemini woods has some wild pokemon, but I think some new trainers left a few days before you did, so there might be one or two trainers still left out there looking for pokemon and some potential fights! This’ll be a lot of fun!” She added, pumping her fist in the air. To say she was an excitable woman was an understatement. Of course, she was happy to go where her master went, so for now she played the part of a happy subordinate.

“Heheh, chicken, huh? I’ll be sure to keep that in mind for the future. Maybe if we take down the first gym, I’ll get you some.” While he had plenty of chicken dishes before, he never had something quite like that before. As for what his favorite food was… “I’m a rather simple guy, I usually like to go for some pizza or burgers.”

It appeared that they would soon approach the woods, which should have some fairly low leveled Pokémon. What intrigued him, however, was that other trainers were there as well. Perhaps he may have some competition, and he was uncertain if Ria could take care of them all on her own. She definitely had quite the energy, which for her electric affinity quite nicely. Part of him almost wanted to just let her head from how cute she was, but perhaps it was much too soon for any level of physical affection.

“Alright then, Ria. You must be more familiar with this place than I do since you already know the woods and the people in there. I may have the map with me here, but I’m going to rely on you to look for any other Pokémon or trainers that’ll pop up. You’re still at a pretty low level, so we’ll have to pick our battles wisely until you level up enough. That being said, why don’t you lead the way?”

“I enjoy a lot of food! Mom and dad always said I was a runt but I was always told if I train hard and eat a lot I’ll grow big and strong!” As she spoke, she flexed one of her arms – rather cute in a sense given the woman seemed to hold no real muscle definition, but she was certainly trying. “Pizza and burgers are good, maybe we can get one of those when we celebrate our first gym victory!” The girl certainly lived up to her type, lively and energetic, she seemed to be positively electric.

Once they arrived at the edge of the woods, Ria made a small “Hrmmmm” sound as she approached the edge of the woods. “Well, I’ve been in the woods once or twice before to see how I can do in a fight proper. Have to get judged before you can be given to someone as a Pokemon.” Tapping a finger against her chin, she then took a few steps forward. “Okay! I’ll lead the way, I think I recall the way to the next town.” She said a little confidently despite how unsure she was.

The woods themselves were somewhat dense, but a path had been cut through them and something of a road was in place. With a light breeze blowing in behind them, there was a pleasant coolness in the forest, a stark contrast to the sunny day they were facing. With the occasional sound of birdsong, it was clear they weren’t alone. Moreso, something seemed to catch Ria’s attention as she rushed forward and knelt down, her ears twitching.

“Oh, Andrew! I uh, I think someone passed by recently. See?” Bootprints were in the ground, somewhat fresh looking. ‘Maybe it’s another trainer! Oh, we could have a battle! I mean you weren’t the only trainer who just started their journey so a proper fight to warm us up would be great.”

He couldn’t help but let out a giggle when she tried to flex her biceps. He was glad that she was his partner Pokémon, her innocence and enthusiasm would help him get far against all of the adversities ahead. Without saying anything else, he let her lead the way and followed closely . He knew to stay on the path, as venturing into the wild grass could mean being ambushed by wild Pokémon! Other than that fact, the forest was actually rather a peaceful with a light breeze and bright sunny day. However, his sightseeing wouldn’t last long as Ria caught eye of someone else’s tracks.

“Hmm, perhaps they might be a newcomer like us. And if what you said is true that you were tested before becoming a starter, then I trust that you’ll know what to do when we fight. Let’s go find this person.” While he ideally wanted to grind it out and level her up further, some of her excitement began to rub off on him. Then again, it wasn’t the worst idea to track down this trainer and test his skills if they happened to be a rookie like him. Well, only one way to find out if this would be a good move or not.

"Yeah! I bet they're a trainer, Most of the people who aren't trainers tend to stick in Aquila town. Anyway, let's goooo!" She was as excitable as ever, though she waited for her master to lead the way before she followed. The forest only got more dense and thick around them with only a few trickling rays of light casting in from the shady canopy above. Around fifteen minutes passed before they caught sight of anything unusual. leaning against a tree appeared to be the silhouette of someone, a person looking over a small device in their right hand that was clearly a pokedex as Andrew and Ria grew closer to them. More minute details of the woman could be seen, from the long and somewhat fluffy brown hair they held, to the white tank top that silhouetted full breasts with a satchel slung between them, perhaps only further accentuating her chest. With a hat on top and her ponytail peeking through the hole therein, she was obviously dressed for something sporty between her daisy-duke denim shorts and black, thighhigh socks that lowered into her boots.

"Hrmmm..." Flipping through her pokedex casually, she seemed completely unawares of Andrew and Ria, her left hand holding a pokeball within it, occasionally spinning it around on the tip of her finger before catching it with her palm.

"Ohhh..." Ria seemed to pick up on the fact that they were unnoticed. "Think we could spook her by coming up from behind? Or do you wanna be proper and introduce yourself first?"

Seeing the woman in front of her, her fashion sense and alluring charm made his heart skip a beat. Had he no self-control, he would have quickly gone head over heels for her! However, he was a man on a mission, so he couldn’t let himself get distracted. “Perhaps it’s best I introduce myself. Getting the jump on her might give off the wrong idea.” In hopes of making a new friend and potential rival, he slowly walked over to the woman and gave her a wave in an attempt to gain her attention. Now more than ever he had to compose himself and act cool. He felt slightly awkward just coming up to her like this, but walking away now would make their pursuit a waste of time.

“Uhh…hey there, I hope I’m not interrupting on anything important. I’m Andrew, I’m new around here. Did you happen to start just recently as well?”

He fired his shot. Now all he could do was cross his fingers and hope she received him well.

As Andrew approached the woman, she was still fixated on her pokedex, her finger likely scrolling the screen as she focused. The moment that Andrew's voice called out though the woman jolted, giving out a light gasp as her chest bounced faintly. "Oh!" Her voice was surprised, but not hostile in nature. "Hey, ah... Yeah, I'm new!" As she caught her breath, she clicked her pokedex off, smiling at Andrew. "New trainer, I started yesterday. Already been to the town up ahead but figured I'd double back and see if there were any good Pokémon to catch! Surprised to see..." Not finding the right words, her lips pursed slightly before she laughed. "Sorry, but I think you're actually the first guy I've seen in months, it's just a bit of a shocker is all! So I take it you're a trainer too, huh?" She asked, a hand on her hip as she shifted from caught out to being far more friendly in nature. "Hilda, It's nice to meet you." After a moment, her hand was extended to shake his.

He was uncertain as to why, but seeing her gasp in surprise was way too adorable! However, he quickly shook off the thought and chalked it up to just him being the only guy in the region for miles. Still, she seemed friendly enough, which was exactly what he needed to have a fellow trainer guide him throughout the area. He felt rather fortunate being able to strike conversation with her this far without her immediately trying to run away.

“Trying to complete your Pokédex? Well I hope that works out well for you! Might be a long journey to do so, but you seem very capable of it.” After she struggled to find the right words and laughed it off, he then responded to her inquiry with a subtle smile, feeling more comfortable around her at this point. “Yeah, I just started, actually. It was hell to get here in Atla, but now that I’m finally here it seems very promising.” He then shook hands with Hilda, trying not to blush too much from how soft her hands felt. Goodness, he had forgotten how socially awkward he was before coming here, and being surrounded by women wasn’t helping that fact at all! Even still…perhaps the two of them could be good friends if things worked out well. “My partner Ria over here was actually curious to see if we could battle. Of course, you don’t have to if you don’t feel like it, but it would be a good way to see where Ria and I stand in terms of combat experience.” Perhaps he was throwing Ria under the bus a little bit, but due to her enthusiasm, he didn’t think she’d mind him mentioning her desire to battle.

He seemed nice enough. While she was initially caught off guard and was a little defensive at first, she felt no real ill will from the man. Still, he was a little unusual here so as she once again settled down Hilda kept an eye on him, though it wasn't a particularly harsh or judgmental one. "Thanks! I know it's a bit of a tall order, but I think I can do it." She spoke, putting a closed fist into her other hand – an open palm as if in affirmation to her determination. While Ria was initially eager for a battle, she seemed a bit shy at the last minute, giving a quiet nod when her master said she wanted to fight.

"Yeah! I figured it could be kind of fun! And you're a trainer so I bet you could use the experience!" She spoke from behind him, a hand resting on his shoulder as if for support. Upon hearing that, Hilda looked from her pokeball, to the newcomers. Any skeptical nature in her glance gradually faded away, until a more cool and determined look filled her eyes.

"Well, you're a trainer then I take it. Shoulda guessed with the pokegirl and all. Well! If you don't mind getting a bit schooled today, I think I can spare some time with you." Rather than being mocking or condescending, her tone was more playful and light hearted, clearly not meant to be mean spirited in any way. "Elena! Let's go!" As she tapped the button on her pokeball and tossed it just in front of her, a spritely Tepig popped out of it, already in its pokemon form and ready for battle it seemed. Hilda took a few steps back, her boots digging in to the dirt beneath her as she adjusted her cap slightly.

He couldn’t help but smirk from her playful jab. Her confidence and friendliness made her a perfect potential rival for him. While the stakes weren’t too high for this first fight, he would still be sure to give it his all in order to find out Ria’s potential. Speaking of which, he noticed that she remained in her human form while the enemy Tepig was in battle mode already. He reached into his pocket to pull out the Pokéball that would hold her whenever she wasn’t walking alongside him.

“Ok, Ria. Let’s show them what we’re made of! Go, Pikachu!”

He’d press the central button, making Ria return to the ball by transforming into red energy resembling lightning. Of course the transition was seamless and painless due to modern technology. Prepping up his arm and cocking it backwards, he then tossed it ahead with a spin to add some flair. Once the ball landed, out would pop Ria in her battle form, a Pikachu that resembled the species’ original form. As he summoned her forth, he would then pull out his Pokedex to see what her stats were. Fire and Electric types didn’t seem to have any weaknesses towards one another, but perhaps she may have learned a certain move that would help in this battle. Then again, having a move with a typic other than Normal or Electric would be highly unlikely at her lower level…still, it wouldn’t hurt to check.

As Ria was summoned back into her pokeball for just a moment, the pikachu girl gave out a slight squeak - she still wasn't really use to the sensation after all. A few oments later however, she reappeared in the mousy, tailed form of poke-form as a few crackles of electricity formed around her red, dotlike cheeks. She gave one brief look back to her trainer, making sure he was watching before she moved to all fours, tail raised high into the air as she sought to make herself look more intimidating. At the same time, Hilda's Tepig slowly circled around the bounds of their invisible arena, taking its time in sizing up Ria. Just as soon as it felt confident, its trainer called out. "Alright Teppy, Ember!" it opened its mouth, fire beginning to form in the open space as it soon puffed it out in the direction of Ria, the fire moving quickly as it left a streak in the air. Ria however was fast enough to evade the worst of it, some of her fur getting a little scorched, yet she seemed uninjured as she waited for her masters call to action! If the Tepig did have any ace up its sleeve in regards to an electric pokemon, it seemed his opponent was holding it close to her heart.

Something about seeing her try to size up the Tepig was just so adorable! He couldn’t help but giggle to himself despite Ria attempting to take the battle seriously. He didn’t want to stay distracted for too long, however, as the battle was still at hand. Refocusing himself on the fight, he analyzed both of the fighters’ stance as well as the enemy trainer. While the Tepig took its time to circle around and size up his Pikachu, there wasn’t any lack of confidence at all, nor was there a sign of much inexperience. If he was not careful with this battle, Hilda could easily pull the rug from under him; he had to keep his guard up and bring his A-game, even in this first battle.

When Tepig took the first move and attacked Ria, he quickly grew worried. Already the Tepig used STAB moves (Same Type Attack Boost), meaning the Ember could pack quite the punch! Thankfully Ria managed to dodge it for the most part, albeit with some scorched fur. Still, she seemed unfazed, so he’d waste no time taking advantage of the situation.

“Nice dodge, Ria! Now, fight back with Nuzzle!”

Nuzzle wasn’t a very powerful move, but its potential resided in one major component: its ability to paralyze the opponent if they got hit. Should this work, he’d have a huge advantage and possibly win the battle then and there.

Hilda seemed content for the moment to let her Tepig take some charge - the pokemon seemed eager for a fight, and even with its ember attack missing, it was still ready to strike with another by the time that Ria had recovered. Hearing her trainers call out, the crackling around Ria's cheeks became more pronounced, a few arcs of electric energy shooting from her cheeks as she darted towards the Tepig. Rather than lash out with them through manipulation, her target was the side of Tepig's face as she made direct contact against the slightly slower pig pokemon. Nuzzling her cheek back into the Tepig's own, it was a cute gesture if one could ignore that the tepig was being shocked and gave out a light sound of pain as it was zapped. Still, it maintained some measure of mobility and with Ria this close, Hilda felt confident. "Work through it, Teppy! Tackle her!" As she commanded her pokemon, Teppy moved as swiftly as it could, bringing it's petite (Though still formidable compared to Ria's), bulk to slam in to Ria as it shifted forward!

He hadn’t considered the risk of getting up close and personal. Perhaps he was somewhat overconfident in the move’s ability to paralyze that he didn’t think much about what would happen if the Tepig could push through it. Since Ria had no defensive moves, his only option now would be to either tank the Tackle or to find some way to dodge it point blank. Thankfully an idea came to mind, although he was uncertain if it would work.

“Don’t let them hit you! Blitz her Tepig with your Quick Attack and then keep your distance!”

The best way to avoid taking unnecessary damage was to space her away from her opponent. From what he gathered from the Pokedex, Ria had some non-contact moves. Not only could she easily out speed any projectiles or attempts to charge at her, but the paralysis would eventually leave the enemy like a sitting Ducklett. Only time would tell if this strategy would work, however. For now, he could only pray his Quick Attack would work.

The tackle connected, with Ria being a little dazed and out of it as the Tepig slammed in to her. of course that only lasted for a second before she was on her feet again, and her trainers orders rung loud in her ears. While her claws weren't the sharpest they didn't need to be when she was quick on her feet, her right claw raking in against Teppy's hide. No real blood was drawn, but it was clear that the fight was going in Ria's favor. "Burn her, Tep! Ember again!" She called out, yet by the time that the flickering flames lashed out to where Ria was, she was already somewhere her presence a blur on the battlefield!

Still, his opponent didn't seem daunted by this, instead standing tall and confident as she waited to see what would be the next move - possibly the decisive one for either side.

Seeing Ria take the hit like a champ and then reach such immense speed began to make his blood flow with excitement. This must have been the thrill of battle he had heard of so much from other trainers! Even if he himself wasn’t in the battlefield, simply having a part and coaching his Pokemon to victory. Now was his chance to prove himself with his partner!

“Good going, Ria! Use Thunder Shock until they’re tired out!”

Thunder shock was a non-contact move that allowed the Pokemon to strike the opponent with lightning. All she had to do was maintain her range and there would be little left for the Tepig to do. His first win was right around the corner!

As the two commanded their respective pokemon, it seemed Hilda held just as much excitement as Andrew, yet even she sensed the fight turning against Teppy. "C'mon Teppy, power through it!" She sought to encourage her pokemon, but as the thunder crackled from Ria's cheeks and lashed out against Teppy, even she seemed to know when she was beaten. Teppy had dazed looking eyes as he flumped to the ground, obviously having fainted. "Ah! Okay, you did your best, Tep!" Hilda said as she pressed the button on the pokemon's pokeball, soon recalling the little piglet pokemon back to her.

"Well, I guess we'll have to train harder for next time... But You are certainly the winner this time around." Hilda spoke after a moment, clearing the silence. From her tone, she hardly seemed mad. Perhaps a little surprised, though.

He almost couldn’t believe it despite seeing it unfold with his own eyes. He actually won! He and his partner Ria came out on top! Wanting to celebrate, he quickly pulled out his Pokemon again, pressing the center button to revert her back to her humanlike form. Afterwards, he would quickly rush over and give her a quick and tight hug, the adrenaline still pumping from their intense battle. Due to their height difference, her head would rest against his chest as he pulled her closely. “You did amazing, Ria! I’m glad that you’re my partner.”

He let the hug last a bit longer before eventually letting go and turning around to Hilda. With a smile on his face, he felt rather flattered from her comment. “You also did quite well, Hilda. I went for a risky strategy and didn’t even realized you’d be point blank where I was at, and you capitalized on that. I’m certain that if I had let my guard down any further, you’d have pulled the rug from under me. I hope that we can be good friends from here on out, maybe even rivals! What do you say?” He then reached his hand out to her, offering a handshake. From the look on his eyes, he didn’t even seem to have any intent on taking advantage of her as he was the victor. Perhaps he was unaware of how things worked here in Atla?

As Ria shifted back to her human form, her hoodie had a singe mark approximately where the Tepig's ember brushed against her fur, and she had a light bruise or two but nothing that seemed to really hurt her. Once she was embraced, she gave a light laugh and a wide smile, one hand holding against Andrew's arm. "We won! We won! I won my first real fight!" She gave out a small series of laughs, mostly overjoyed to have won her first real batter with a real trainer. She'd had some slight experience in training before, but that wasn't the same as a real fight! She leaned back into Andrew, basking in the attention.

"Thanks." HIlda spoke after a moment, her hand coming to rest on her hip. "I'll definitely need to train a bit harder with Teppy in the future though... But She's earned a pretty good rest." As Hilda took a few steps forward, there was a slight change in her facial expression, her eyes lilting for a moment. "Though I suppose this is your first real fight against another trainer here, right? We don't pay with money here when we lose, you know..." As she spoke, she then gave a wider smile. "I suppose you should know that we pay with something else. Namely, our bodies."

After the both of them jumped with joy and Andrew turned to Hilda, his smile would quickly fade into a confused expression, quickly followed by wide eyes and a slight blush. Needless to say, this was the last thing he expected to hear. “Wait, what? So you’re telling me that if you lose, you have to…do whatever lewd things the winner wants? Nobody ever told me this was a thing here in Atla…” Perhaps that was why it was so strict for guys to enter in the first place? If this was true, it definitely made sense.

He turned quickly to his partner Ria, giving her an uncertain look, almost as if he expected her to say something or give him approval. However, he was still the Trainer and he was the one who had to call the shots at the end of the day. Turning back to Hilda and doing his best to keep his composure, he scratched the back of his head while his cheeks began to deepen their shade of red.
“W-Well, you definitely are a beautiful woman, Hilda. But we just met, is it really alright to be doing something like this? I won’t force you if you don’t want to, this was just a spar after all.” Perhaps he was trying to be kind to her, or maybe he was a bit too nervous to do something like this right away. Regardless, Andrew still didn’t seem to fully understand all the rules of Atla, nor did he understand that the trainers that resided here did so willingly, knowing all the rules.

Back
Top Bottom