Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Life after. (Postapocalyptic, slice of life, rebuilding society) LGBT friendly looking for a few more.

Pathfinder15

Planetoid
It had made us complacent and unprepared. In late 2019 a novel coronavirus outbreak led to a worldwide scare. It led to roughly five million deaths but all in all, it ended in a sizzle. Two years of heavy measures like quarantines and travel bans, along with a speedy vaccine rollout, saved the world from worse. And so, corona became a part of life, like the flu, the common cold or a myriad of other viruses it was just always there but no longer a mortal threat. And so, while the period was still often talked about the dangers of a pandemic faded to the background as the world's other problems took centre stage.

So when a new superstrain evolved in 2042, it went rather unnoticed. And this virus was way more insidious due to having a very long incubation time. People carried the virus around for weeks spreading it before symptoms appeared. But once they appeared they were swift and fatal. Though new quarantines, stay at home orders and other measures were called in with varying success around the world, it was too late. Within a week of the first confirmed fatalities, the death toll had passed a hundred million and after a month it had passed two billion. Society collapsed as healthcare, police forces and even the military were drained of their manpower.

Not everyone got sick though, some people seemed to be immune. All around the world, small pockets of humanity survived, often devolving into barbarism as fear and scarcity set in. A small group of survivors from around Europe managed to find their way to the southern France medieval walled city in Carcassonne. Shoring up the city's ancient defences and cleaning it up, they managed to create a relatively safe location. While the walls offer some protection against roving bands and the wild animals that have taken over the landscape in the two years since the collapse, life is hard. Farming and hunting for food, cooking on primitive fires, drawing water from the nearby river.

The group is ingenious though, and they are learning to adapt the skills from their previous life, that now almost alien society to fit their new situation.

I'm hoping to start a freeform game revolving around a group of survivors in the aftermath of an extinction level event. The game would mostly concern their day to day life, and interpersonal relationships. Conflict with the outside world will occur in the form of roving bands and refugees, but they wouldn't be a major facet of the game.

This is still very much in the 'I have an idea' phase so details will be forthcoming.

Last edited:
I'm planning to update MC's history to accommodate the timeline. How long has it been since the 95% of humanity was wiped out, months or years? Do you want our characters traveling to Anton's haven, or they already live there, or they are just now arriving?
Dont know how i missed this, I get all notifications. You can choose whether you want to write yourself traveling or arriving. And roughly two months or so

I've been waiting on staff to see if we'd qualify for a subboard, but with no response, I'm going to assume we're not, so I will simply start the game later today, i will send out a PM to everyone in the next 24 hours.

Ok, I'll just alter or add as seems appropriate when I see first post.

That's disappointing. But we can just have a IC and OOC thread in the group area. If you need, you can also use the World building subforum to keep environment notes.

If there’s still some interest here, I’d love to join up. If not, that’s ok, sorry in advance if I’m thread necro’ing.

Name: Aurora "Rory" Aun
Height: 171 cm
Weight: 67 kg
Bio: Non-Binary AFAB. Preferred pronouns they, them. Rory was born in the Norwegian city of Tromsö (located in the far North, above the Northern polar circle on a night when the sky outside the room at the maternity ward was ablaze with Aurora Borealis, hence the given name. At the age of 5 their mother was reported missing in a boating accident and their father moved to Oslo where Rory grew up and went to school. At 19 they applied to study art at the university of Lund and thus moved to the South of Sweden.
Despite their seemingly academic nature they are quite the outdoors person who often went camping in the Norwegian and Swedish mountains where they learned many survival skills, hunting for instance as well as basic herbal medicine.
At the time of the outbreak in 2042 they had just been accepted to Cambridge School of Arts to study photography.
Skills: Advanced survival skills. (Hunting with bow and arrow, fishing, scavenging, setting traps, making shelters out of what nature provides etc ...)
Kinks: Androgyny. Tribadism. Strap on (or more precisely RealDoe). Leather.
limits: Scat. Bestiality.

Back
Top Bottom