Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

A co-worker's secret (beta and Riona)

B

beta

It was another slow Saturday, and Dustin was bored.

Even at a university with emphasis on research, many of the student body were content to screen information in their dorms from the campus computer network, rather than physically search for media. About the only people he saw regularly from the university were the compulsive study-ers - who immediately brushed past to the private cubicles - or delivery staff bringing boxes of transfers from the offshoot campus libraries.

It was on one of these boxes that Dustin was working on now, the mind-numbing task of waving a supermarket scanner over each book and entering it into the computer. He needed this job in the beginning..graduate work for professors was not a very lucrative venture. It was an easy enough job, with a rather relaxed dress code - he showed up often enough in jeans and a tee shirt, like today. Now the handsome, brown-haired guy was beginning to regret the enthusiasm he had shown for a truly boring experience.

Sighing softly, he looked over at the only other person behind the service desk with him. As always, when he looked at her, he couldn't help his eyebrows drawing down in an incredulous, considering frown...

Doesn't she ever cut loose? he wondered, as he always did.

Leah looked up over her glasses. her blonde hair was thrown up into a messy bun. her sweater was a little over sized. her skirt went down to her ankles. she wasnt wearing any make up. "Hey Dustin, are you almost finished with that box?" She looked at the box. she looked pretty frumpy. "There's another box in the back i need you to go through too." She was the manager of the library. she always got to work early and was the last one to leave. she felt at home with the books. there were two other guys besides herself and Dustin that worked at the library. She liked them all well enough. they seemed like nice boys. She flipped the page on her book.

Dustin blinked, her question calling him back to reality. "Uh, almost, yeah..." He fought the urge to roll his eyes and groan. There was always another box.

He finished up on his current box of books, once more casting several glances at her. She was always so....well, just her. He had never heard her talk about her private life, though sometimes they had joked if she had ever had a boyfriend. Reading books seemed to be her only pastime.

"Say, Leah..." he began. Matt and Joey would likely hate him for even considering this, but....well...he wanted to make the offer at least. "A bunch of us from the library were going to go out for drinks, later..." A college campus, there were ample places to choose from. "I was wondering, would you like to maybe, come along with us?" He tried out a smile on her. "A little change of pace, from what your usual nights are like, maybe?"

Leah looked up from her book. her face was completely blank. and then her eye brow raised. "My usual nights are just fine, thank you." She said, bluntly, not offended, but definitely picking up on what he was getting at. he thought she was boring and was taking pity on her. "And by 'a bunch', i'm guessing you are referring to Matt and Joey?" she asked, knowing all to well. all three of them were friends, and she knew they talked about her, behind her back. she was used to everyone doing that. it didnt really bother, it never really bothered her. she didnt really concern herself with other people. "ok." She said, surprising the hell out of him. Her gaze returned back to her book, flipping another page, a soft smirk playing at her lips.

"Well, yeah...it's just gonna be the three of us, so we have room for one more.." He sighed, anticipating that she'd shut it down. "I guess you have more important things to- wha?" Her 'ok' stopped him in his tracks, and he looked up at her with a rather startled look in his eyes.

He blinked eventually. "Oh....well....yeah, great." He smiled. "We're gonna be meeting up at Doc's Lounge later on, tonight." Not the classiest place, but they were cheap and had decent bar food. "Why don't you meet us there, say, 9:00 or so?"

He had finished with this box, and still with one more to go in a different section of the library. "Well, um...." He gave her a wave, smiling. "I'll see you there, okay?" The guys might not like this, but....what the hell...

Leah nodded, waving him off. she finished the chapter on her book and closed up the library. Joey was supposed to come in tonight, but since she knew that Joey was going out, she wasnt going to sit around waiting for him. she would give him shit later. but now, she went home to get ready. at about 9:15, she arrived at the bar. her blond hair was wavy and down past her shoulders. she wore a tight black dress with lace trim around the neck line and the bottom of the skirt. the hem of the skirt was about mid thigh. her dress hugged all her curves in all the right places. her lips were bright red with lipstick, and her face was flawless with her make up. she still had the glasses, the only recognizable thing about her. her icey blue eyes, looked over the crowd, spotting them. she smirked and started walking towards them. her high heels clicking on the floor of the bar. "Hello boys..." She said, putting her purse on the table and taking a seat.

Dustin sat with Matt and Joey at their usual table, a booth off to the side, right in front of the bar. Strategic placement, you see? Easy to fetch their drinks, full view of the televisions, and so on... They had been there for some time yet even as 9:15 rolled around, their second round of bottles already mostly empty on the table.

"I still think we should have waited for her...y'know, it's only polite..." Dustin said.

"So's showing up on time!" replied Joey.

"Yeah, she's supposed to be the proper punctual one, and all." said Matt. "Honestly, man, why'd you invite her along?"

"Well I just thought..." Dustin began, trailing off in mid sentence. In the seat facing the door, he was the first to see her walk in. His mouth gaped open at the sight of her in that dress....all this time working with her, he had never seen her look so....so....sexy!

Matt and Joey likewise looked over their shoulders, adopting similar reactions to her presence. Matt even went so far as to double-take, and do a wolf-whistle at her before she reached the table.

"Ah...nice of you to join us...." Dustin tried, offering her a weak smile as she sat at the table with them. His was the only booth that had empty space, and he felt very....self-conscious all of a sudden, with her seated just next to him.

Leah smirked, loving their reactions. "So how far ahead of me are you boys?" she waved the waitress over. she found out that they were on their second round. she ordered three beers for herself, two shots for her, and a shot for each one of them. "Ok boys, lets get this thing started." She took a shot, licking some salt off her wrist and biting a lime, before downing a beer. she laughed a little. "So this is me outside of work..." She smirked, leaning back in the booth, playing with the lace on the neck line of the dress.

"Hell yeah!" Matt and Joey cried out in unison. Eagerly, they downed their shots following her example, forgetting the age-old barman's adage: Beer before liquor, never been sicker. Not that that event would happen for some time, yet, as the pair went back to their brews.

Dustin was still a little dumbfounded by all of this...he left his shot to one side, preferring to sip at his beer still. He laughed along with the others at their stupid jokes, felt his face color a little at some of the inappropriate advances that Matt and Joe made to her - dumbasses, she outranked them after all...- but for the most part, he studied Leah herself.

It was amazing to see such a transformation....never mind the wild behavior, just seeing her in a dress that didn't end at her ankles, or with a bulky sweater covering up her body, was still such a shock....who knew that under all of that librarian bookishness was.....well....a hottie?

Leah laughed. "Oh, Joey... you do know you're supposed to be working right now, right?" She smirked. "You might have to work my shift tomorrow, depending on how i feel at the end of the night." She smirked. then someone turned on a song she liked. she saw a small group of people dancing. she slid out of the booth, winking at them. "I'll be back.." she made her way to the dance floor. it didnt take long for her to be surrounded by dance partners. she danced with them all, not caring. she was a really good dance, actually having studied dance professionally, before becoming a librarian. in her house, she has a dance studio. her body was moving, swaying, grooving to the music. she danced for quite a bit, and once returning to the table, she was shiney with just the faintest layer of sweat, causing her skin to just glow.

Dustin stayed at the table, a little incredulous look on his face. She can DANCE too? So many things about Leah he'd never have figured before.... Why did she have to be so closed off at work?

"Hot DAMN, look at her go!" Joey exclaimed.

"Yeah, hell, we have to party with her more often!" Matt followed.

"Oh, give it a rest you two...." Dustin groaned, rolling his eyes.

He didn't have to suffer it long. While Leah was out shaking and moving and captivating a small group of suitors, the other two boys felt the effects of their excess. Swaying and slurring a little, Matt and Joey left for the bathroom, leaving the booth empty as Leah came back.

Dustin looked at her,much as he had for the whole of the night, frowning with a hint of a smile. "...feeling better?" She looked almost radiant, with the sweat of exertion making her skin glisten.

She smirked, looking around. "Where'd the boys go? can they not hold their alcohol?" She laughed, she gently grabbed his wrist, she licked it softly, shaking some salt on it. taking another shot, she licked the salt off, biting another lime and downing another beer. she smirked slowly wiping her mouth. "So i buy you a shot and you're not even taking it..." She smirked. she liked that he knew that he shouldnt take the shot after so much beer. ((actually i've never had that happen to me. i mix it all up all the time. XD )) she sat down, across the table from him, looking him over. she pulled her hair off her shoulders, trying to cool down a little.

He frowned a little, surreptitiously wiping his wrist on one leg of his jeans. "I don't really go for harder liquor.." he confessed. "I let those two 'tards drink all they want, though...they're not drinking on MY dollar, that's for sure..."

He looked at her, with her hair down. A smile touched his lips a bit. "....so how long did it take?"

When she inquired as to what, he replied. "For you to get the stick out of your ass and let your hair down? 'Cause I think..." well, she looked really nice with her hair down, but... "You let it down too far,no?"

Leah laughed. "You think so, huh?" She raised an eyebrow. "I can put my hair back up, if you would like?" She smiles. she had always liked Dustin. she was enjoying this time they were getting with just them. "So, i can say that this is a rare side of me. i really dont do this unless i'm dressing up for someone." She smirked and leaned back. she put her feet up next on his bench, next to him. "So Dustin... i think you need to let your hair down a little." She smirked.

He managed a short laugh, frowning comically as his hand lifted to run back through his hair...or rather, OVER his hair...he had lived with his dark brown hair cut several centimeters short of a buzzcut for too many years, and preferred to keep it that way. "Kinda hard, for me to do that, I think..."

He glanced down at her feet, the long heels nudging him in the thigh as she shifted a little. He gave her a look. She dressed up like this, for him? He couldn't quite believe that, in truth. He looked at her face, at her..intense little look in her eyes, the glossy smirk on her lips.

He felt heat rise a little in his face....and a rise of something else. "Ah, ahem! So..."

"it's a saying, Dustin..." She laughed. "It's not literal." She gently poked him with her the toe of her heel again, softly. "you're blushing, Dusty..." She winked at him. she was, infact saying that she dressed up for him. she took an ice cube out of one the other boy's glasses and began sucking on it. "So tell me something i dont know about you, hun." She smiled softly.

"Something you don't know....hmmm..."

What was there to tell? He was who he was after all...he wasn't a sports nut like Joey, wasn't a computer savvy guy like Matt, didn't care much for politics, didn't read the same sort of tomes that she did while she was on duty.

Looking at her, though...her glamorous-ness, surprising spontaneity....the way her glossy lips wrapped around that ice cube so delicately. He blushed again...he wouldn't be getting up from the table in public any time soon.

Looking at her, he came to something. "I'm very attracted to you...."

At least, that's what he wanted to say....he made it as far as "I'm-" before Joey and Matt returned, all boisterous laughter again. The seating changes left him and Leah across the table from each other as the two returned, and Dustin fought the urge to sigh.

Matt and Joey fought over who was going to sit next to her. she laughed, Joey winning, being stronger than Matt. Joey stretched before wrapping his arm around her. She laughed. "Joey, you're still working my morning shift. i dont care how smooth you're trying to be. Also, because you have to work, dont even think that i'm going home with you." She laughed, but didnt mind his arm around her. she winked at Dustin. she was a little curious as to what he was going to say, but the other two kinda of made it impossible to really talk at all. Matt was pretty much just staring at her chest. "My eyes are up here Matt." She pointed to her eyes.

Dustin sighed, comedically slapping the palm of his hand against his forehead as things went back to pretty much normal among the four of them. Matt and Joey continued their joking, playfully hitting on Leah in their boisterous way. Dustin merely contented himself with another bottle of beer, laughing along once more, though continuing to give her small considering looks. Sitting a little low in the seat at one point, his shoe came into contact with hers, dangling precariously on his side of the table.

Soon enough, though, they needed to think about getting home for the night. As she was quick to remind them all, they did have work in the morning. Matt and Joey lived in opposite directions from the bar as Dustin, so they made their goodbyes hastily, asking if Leah wanted to walk home with them.

Dustin smiled. "You guys have a good night. See ya in the morning."

Leah smiled once in a while at Dustin, before continuing to joke around with the boys. She laughed softly as the boys offered to walk her home. "Thanks, but no thanks." She declined to them. "I actually have to go this way..." She pointed in the direction that dustin happen to be walking in. Matt and Joey groaned a little. "Joey, dont forget you have to be at work at 9. i will be calling to see if you're there. Matt, i will need you to cover the other half of my shift. so only like 2 hours longer than your normal shift." after they said their good byes, she hurried over to Dustin. "Hey Dusty, dont walk so fast. i'm in high heels, remember?" she laughed a little. "You dont mind walking me home, do you?" She slipped her arm under his arm. she walked close to him, she shivered a little, having apparently forgotten a jacket. she giggled. "I didnt think i was gonna be out this late. i thought you guys were going to be lame and that i would bail early." She smirked, sticking her tongue out a little.

Dustin looked up in surprise, not expecting her to come with him. He was very conscious of the curves of her body, snuggled against his arm like that.

"No, Leah, I don't mind at all..." He gave her a little smile, that slipped into a bit of a frown as she shivered. "Oh...well, here." He had on only a light coat - cool air didn't bother him - but he was quick enough to slip out of it, settling the thin jacket over her shoulders.

"Well, I'm glad we're not so lame in your eyes...." he said, smirking a little at the irony, her calling THEM lame.

She laughed. "I really only stayed for one reason, to be honest." She kinda avoided that subject though. soon they were in front of her building. She looked up at her window. "Well, this is me..." She said, her voice trailing. she looked at him, standing there, his jacket draped over her shoulders. she bit her bottom lip, wondering what he was going to do. after a while, of them just standing there, she started to speak up. "Do you..." her voice trailed again.

((feel free to like, pull her close or kiss her or whatever.))

Dustin likewise fidgeted a little. The flimsy excuse of getting his jacket back would keep him around for a little while. She seemed a little bit more like how he usually saw her, reserved, but with that little glint of mischief in her eyes...

He couldn't help himself anymore....admitting that he was attracted to her would have been the step but....

Dustin stepped forward suddenly, throwing his arms around her and pulling her close. His lips pressed to hers, a tender but passionate kiss linking them for all of a slow ten seconds, before he pulled away blushing.

She smirked. "Wow... i... i was hoping you would do that." She laughed a little. she leaned into him a bit. she pressed her lips to his again, mmming softly, closing her eyes. she deepened the kiss. after they ended the kiss, she looked at him. "You wanna come up for... some coffee?" She smirked, her arms wrapped around his neck. "And maybe you'll find out why i stuck around tonight.." she joked.

That second kiss was more tender, more sustained than his interruption. Dustin felt her body pressed against his, the softnesses and curves making him VERY aware of himself against her body. He felt his cheeks heating up, especially as she made her little offer to him.

"Ah...." He stammered a little, finally managing a smile. "..I'd like that, sure...."

Back
Top Bottom