Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Miles To Go Before I Sleep ... (DarkDreamer9110 x MsBloom)

1990:

Allie blushed again as Julian insisted he was serious about the compliment, and at calling it a date, she stammered out, "Wha– I didn't– it's not– I mean– Sure, okay. A date. It's a date."

She nodded as Julian mentioned having to pick up their swim trunks. "I need to grab my swimsuit as well." She said. "But maybe we should grab those after lunch and the movie."

She nodded back towards the town. "Shall we?" She asked, taking Julian's hand.

Present:

Allie giggled as Julia honked her breasts, smirking. "You had some serious tit envy, babe." She said as Julia offered to let her see them. Her hands slid up Julia's waist. "Mine ... well, let's just say that after five kids a reduction was in order, but they're still a full size larger than ... back then."

Another chuckle. "You show me yours, I'll show you mine?"

1990:

"Yea, let's," Julian agreed and accepted Allie's hand in their hand.
And so the two went off on their first date, lunch and an afternoon movie, burgers with fries and milkshakes and Last Exit to Brooklyn, a rather dark tale set in 1950s Brooklyn far from the ideal first date movie to help romance along but a damned good movie and at least Julian was quite taken by it as they emerged from the theatre hand in hand almost two hours after entering it the same way with buttered popcorn and two large sodas.
"Before we go swimming I really need to pee," they said and hurried towards the restrooms dragging Allie along.

Present:

"I really did and still it was both awkward and weird when they actually started to show. There were days when I tied them down as much as I could and days when I wore padded push up bras under tight tops to really show them off."
They smiled and let the bra drop to reveal their round, if perhaps ever so slightly sagging b cups. They cupped them and brushed their thumbs over the nipples.

They could barely contain themselves with excitement at seeing Allie's breasts after 30 years and five kids. They were of course not expecting anything miraculous but it didn't matter. They were Allie's breasts and it wouldn't matter if they fell down into her armpits or stood up like two proud peaks. They'd still be the most beautiful sight.

1990:

The movie had been an interesting choice, but good enough. As Julian mentioned having to use the bathroom, Allie found herself agreeing. The soda was definitely making its way through her. As they headed towards the bathrooms, a more confusing thought entered her head: If Julian was a boy with girl parts right now, then which bathroom fit? As they neared the restrooms she found herself heading towards the ladies' room and then pausing as she realized she was pulling Julian with her by the hand. She glanced at him, then at the restrooms. "I, uh, so ..." she trailed off, shifting nervously. "Which one are you ...?"

Present:

Allie stared at Julia's breasts, licking her lips. Shifting to prop herself up, she quickly removed her own top, and then the black underwire bra she was wearing. Slowly, nervously, she pulled it away to reveal the double-D's beneath, each one bearing stretch marks and sagging more than a little but less than one might have expected from five kids and the natural weight gain of getting older, which could probably be attributed to the reduction she'd mentioned. She jiggled them with her hands, looking up at Julia nervously. "Sorry they're not as pristine as the last time you saw them." She said apologetically.

1990:

Just as Allie had wondered Julian stopped in front of the two doors, the one marked Ladies and the one marked Gents and looked between them as if trying to decide which one to use. They shrugged indecisively at Allie's question honestly not sure which bathroom was for them. Their anatomy said Ladies but their mind said Gents
"It's the little things that really gets you," they said and eventually succumbed to biology choosing the ladies room.
"It's just easier that way," they admitted when they came back out some time later.
"It shouldn't have to be but it is," they added and looked both sad, annoyed and confused.

Present:

"Damn, they're just as gorgeous as I remember them," Julia said and licked their lips before leaning in to kiss and suck on the first pair of breasts they had ever touched, the first nipples they had ever wrapped their lips around, flicked their tongue at, pinched, pulled and twisted to make them as sensitive as possible.
They were perhaps not as firm as they had been 30 years ago but to Julia they were no less beautiful for the sag or the stretchmarks but both of those were part of their beauty now, just as their firmness had been back then.

1990:

It was hard not to sympathize with Julian's predicament. It was plain that he was uncomfortable with using the ladies' room, but also worried about using the men's room.

She walked over and hugged Julian after they commented on how it shouldn't have to be choosing the easier route rather than the comfortable one. "Hey, it's okay." She said, then kissed Julian on the cheek. "You're still a boy to me until you say otherwise." She whispered as she hugged him again.

Present:

Allie chuckled, blushing. "Oh, shut up. You're just saying that." She said, but Julia's reaction and very eager attention to her breasts got a moan of pleasure from Allie as her own hands moved to caress Julia's breasts, teasing at the nipples. It was quite strange to feel some substantial mounds there, when so long ago there had been mostly flat chest. "I can't wait to play with these." She said.

1990:

Julian nodded and for a moment rested their head against Allie's shoulder. It felt so good to be held like that but more importantly to be accepted for who they were, or what they were. Half the time they weren't sure themselves. And even if it had begun as a dare for the stone Allie's acceptance of them as a boy, until they said otherwise was beyond that. In fact they had half forgotten about it until that moment and as they looked up their eyes were moist as if they had been about to start crying but they wiped them with the back of their hand and gave Allie a kiss, right there, in public.
"Meet back at the B&B in I dunno, half an hour?"

Present:

"Am not," Julia said and playfully sank their teeth gently into Allie's left nipple.
"These are absolutely spectacular," they added and jiggled the large double d breasts making them tremble like a pair of vanilla puddings with cherries on top.
"I could play with them all night."
Then at Allie's comment that she couldn't wait to play with Julia's they sat up and looked down at her, still the most beautiful woman they had ever seen, even 30 years since last they met.
"I'm sorry, where are my manners," they said with a giggle and jiggled their own breasts that even together weren't as big as one of Allie's.
"Guests first. Especially since the host have new toys for the guest to play with."
They giggled again.

1990:

Allie smiled as she parted from Julian, nodding at the suggestion of meeting back up in about half an hour. "Sounds good." She agreed, giving him another quick kiss before heading off, a spring in her step and a sway to her hips as she went home.

Half an hour later, she returned to the B&B, waiting anxiously for her date and finding herself eagerly looking forward to the swim. When Julian emerged, Allie would smile, walk up, and hug him.

Present:

Allie blushed as Julia complimented her breasts, giggling like a schoolgirl.

"Oh, we've got time to play with mine plenty. But those beauties ..." Allie trailed off, propping herself up to fondle Julia's modest breasts. "Damn, it's been a long time since I got to play with someone else's tits."

1990:

Back at the B&B Julian went straight for their suitcase and dug out their swim suit, a pair of loose fitting trunks and what they called a push-down top which was effectively a sportsbra that flattened their chest even more. They changed and told their aunt they might not be back in time for dinner because they were going swimming with a girl they had met. Their aunt smiled and nodded.

Half an hour later they stood outside the B&B wearing their swim trunks and a t-shirt over the push-down top. They had their bag, into which they had packed a change of clothes, slung over one shoulder.

Present:

"So there were other women, after me, I mean?" Julia asked playfully and completely void of any hints of jealousy.
Still though, they hoped the answer would be no even if they suspected it wasn't. It didn't matter either way. Allie was back and just as she couldn't wait to finally play with her breasts Julia couldn't wait for Allie to play with theirs. She wanted her to caress them, squeeze them, suck and lick on the nipples.

Last edited:
1990:

Allie smiled as she saw Julian emerge, running over excitedly and hugging them. Her own outfit had changed little externally, save for the beach bag with towels and a change of clothes and everything else they might need.

"Hey, you." She said happily, smiling. "Ready to go?"

Present:

Allie glanced away. She knew Julia didn't mean it with any malice or ill will, but it still triggered a small, guilty voice in her head. There shouldn't have been other women after Jules. There shouldn't have been men either. It should have been her and Jules, end of story..

She nodded somberly. "After the guy in high school and early college. I ... Wanted something different, and I remembered what it was like with you. So I tried women for real, and I eventually decided I was bisexual. I'm sorry. I am so sorry I couldn't admit that with you." She said, moving her hands to Julia's breasts, caressing them as she started toying idly at the nipples.

1990:

"So lead the way," Julian said and took Allie's hand, still wearing the hat to give them a more masculine look.
They still couldn't really believe how lucky they were to have met this girl and that she accepted them as they were. They were literally beaming with happiness as they were being led to the a rather secluded spot along the creek where the water was deep enough to swim in.

Present:

"Hey it's alright," Julia said, sensing that her question had triggered something in her first love.
"What might have happened is nothing but a possibility lost in the past. What matters is here and now."
They kissed Allie and cupped their left hand over her right breast and it was as if the hand remembered the feeling of the first time it had held that breast. It gently massaged the breast and the thumb and middle-finger closed around the nipple.

1990:

Allie smiled as she led Julian back to the creek. The area she'd chosen was a little cove area behind a river bend, and one where the water varied between waist and chest deep. After she led Julian down the bank to a little patch of shoreline, she smiled, pausing to pull her shirt off and slip out of her pants, revealing a black bikini that hugged her breasts and hips tightly. There was little doubt once she got into the cool water that it would have her nipples standing out firmly against the fabric.

Present:

Allie nodded as Julia spoke. "I know, babe." She said, moaning softly as Julia took her breast in hand. Her own hands on Julia's tits became more animated and eager, running over them, kneading them gently, zeroing in on the nipples to especially shower them with affection.

1990:

Jules watched Allie strip down to her bikini, that only just barely covered what it was supposed to cover, with apparent interest and a big smile on their face. She had an absolutely stunning body. It wasn't until Allie was in the water that they remembered to undress themselves and join her in their push down top and loose fitting swim trunks. The water was cold and even though the fabric of their push down top was a lot thicker than Allie's bikini top their nipples too were visible through it.

Unsure what to do next they began to swim in circle around Allie, diving below the surface to get a slightly distorted view of her ass whatever else was hidden below the surface.

Present:

It had been thirty years since last they had touched Allie's bare skin, thirty years since that one magical night they had shared, making love under the stars, and yet it still felt natural now that they were together again, skin on skin, kissing and touching and all thoughts of Adele, and the fact that what they were doing now was most definitely cheating on their wife, just as Allie was cheating on her husband, were gone from their mind. It was just the two of them in the whole world, just as it had been thirty years ago.

1990:

Allison had bought the bikini with her own money, earned from babysitting, and her parents definitely didn't know about it; they would have thrown a fit if they had, and said fit would have left Allison unable to sit comfortably for a week, at least.

She had been rather confused by Jules' choice of swim gear, but soon realized that it made sense. Jules was a boy (at least she felt like one right now, apparently), and so why would a boy want to wear a girls' swimsuit?

Despite Jules' tiny, practically non-existent breasts, Allie found herself staring at the prominent nipples. When Jules ducked below the water and swam around her, she chuckled, playfully jiggling her rear.

On impulse, she lowered herself deeper into the water, up to her neck, and when Jules circled back around to her front, she briefly pulled the fabric covering her left breast down, exposing the nipple to Jules for a few moments, before hurriedly trying to tuck it back behind the fabric, blushing and turning away, quickly moving to shallower water where her breasts were no longer in view below the waterline. Her parents would have had an aneurysm if they knew what she'd just done. Exposing herself? To a girl? What had she been thinking?

Present:

Thirty years had changed their bodies since the last time they had seen each other, since they had shared that one night of unbridled passion under the stars, and yet it felt like returning home after a time away. Samey, but differenty. And also undeniably right.

Reason and rationality abandoned her, lust and passion and need replacing them as she hungrily explored and enjoyed Jules' body.

1990:

Despite being under water, and probably knowing better, Jules gasped at the sight of Allie's flashed nipple. This meant they breathed in water, gagging on it and starting to cough as they got their head above the surface but did so with a big smile on their face and then as they regained their breath they splashed over towards the barely clad girl who looked quite flustered as if she had second thoughts about what she had just done and in some sort of retaliation they splashed water all over her before grabbing her by the waist pulling her back towards the deeper water playfully wrestling with her. Various parts of their bodies touching and rubbing up against one another until finally they kissed her.

Present:

Julia let Allie explore and reacquaint herself with the female body and how it responded to her intimate touches, her kisses and caresses while enjoying every second of it. There had without argument been many more women in Julia's life, sexually, romantically, than in Allie's but still, because this was Allie' their first love it was as if they were being touched for the very first time by a woman. And still they yearned to feel her tongue, lips and breath between their legs, wanted to taste and smell her as well.

1990:

Allie had continued berating herself mentally, wondering just what had compelled her to do something so ... Lewd and inappropriate. It had been a truly ridiculous stunt and she wouldn't be surprised if Jules hated her for it.

The splash caught her by surprise, and then Jules dragged her into the deeper water, playfully wrestling with her. Allie went along with it, enjoying the playful intimacy, and then Jules was kissing her again, and Allie returned it happily, passionately, enjoying the sensations. And then she remembered just what she'd done earlier and she broke the kiss, still holding Jules close, but glancing down. "Sorry. About earlier. Pulling my, uh, swimsuit down to show you my, uh, yeah ... and while you were underwater like that. And I just ... I'm sorry." She blathered, trying desperately not to make more of a fool of herself.

Present

Allie was surprised by how rapidly the knowledge of how to play with and please a woman came back to her, despite it having been some 27 years or so since she had last been with one. But this was Jules, her first sexual partner, her first lover, and first love, and some part of her brain had apparently filed all the knowledge of how to play with Jules away in some long-unused mental filing cabinet and now pulled it out and put it to use.

"God, babe, I forgot how amazing a female body could be." She breathed, one hand sliding from the breast it was teasing to run down Julia's body, sliding between her legs and rubbing at Jules' sex.

1990:

"I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy the view though, as brief as it was," Julian admitted when Allie apologised for having flashed them.
"I mean they're absolutely gorgeous."
Julian had their hands placed softly on Allie's hips and wanted so badly to slide them upwards to feel those perfect orbs but restrained themselves. It was not for them to assume the touch would be welcomed but for Allie to invite them to touch.
"I wouldn't refuse a peek at the right one as well," they said instead with a cheeky smile spread across their face.

Present:

"It is indeed amazing," Julia agreed in a soft almost breathless whisper as Allie's hand began to explore more of their body.
Her touch was soft and inquisitive and Julia happily parted her legs to allow her access to their sex, pushed up against the exploring hand and pulled Allie's face close to their own, kissed her hungrily, pushed their thigh up against Allie's sex, inviting her to grind against it. Sweet Mother it had been so long since that night under the stars when they had both lost their virginity, or at least Julia assumed that had been the case.

Allie smiled as Jules admitted to enjoying the view, then blushed as they called them absolutely gorgeous. She reached down to take Jules' hands by the wrists and lift them up, pausing as she pulled them up to chest height.

"Oh, you want another show, do you?" She chuckled as she bounced up and down on her toes, her breasts jiggling and threatening to fall out. "Maybe I'll give you one. Or you could give yourself one." She said, setting Jules' hands down on the mounds.

Present:

Grinding herself against Julia's thigh, Allie positioned one of her own for Julia to do the same. One hand continued toying at Julia's breasts, the other stroking her hair. So long since that last night together. And Allie couldn't believe she'd largely stayed away from women since. They were so much more fun than men.

1990:

The offer of another show, this one without the visual distortion of being under water, was certainly enticing. The offer of giving themselves a show caused a giggly sort of smile to spread across Jules' face, a smile that widened as their hands were lifted up towards Allie's stunning full breasts as an invitation to either lift up or pull down her bikini top. The sensation of the breasts against the palms of their hands caused them to shudder with pleasure. They had never before touched a girl's breasts and for a good while it was enough.

They softly squeezed the breasts in their hands, pushed them together, ran their thumbs over the nipples, stiff from the chill of the water. They even let out a soft moan and felt their own nipples chafe against the push down top, their sex heating up. They wanted so badly to kiss Allie again, kiss her and fondle her breasts. Again they restrained themselves and rather than kissing Allie they pulled the bikini top down to expose her breasts.

Present:

With Allie pushing her thigh in between their legs Julia began to grind her sex against it the way Allie was grinding against their thigh. It had been with Allie they had discovered tribbing. How much more innocent it had all been back then. They pulled Allie close enough to kiss her, to feel her breasts, older and less firm after four children, against her own, now more fully formed.

They made love several times that night, barely catching any sleep at all before the alarm they had set early in the morning sounded to wake them to one last adventure, to the road trip that had not happened then.

1990:

For Allison, it was entirely a new experience to be so intimate with someone, and she found herself enjoying it immensely, even as an undercurrent of shame and guilt began to build in her. What would her parents think of her doing this?

Those thoughts were soon forced down as Jules exposed Allie's breasts. It was a sense of anticipation, coupled with the forbidden nature of what was to come, the idea that Jules was about to play with them in ways Allie had never been touched before, that drowned the doubts and concerns. "Go ahead." She murmured softly.

Present:

So familiar and yet new at the same time. That was the best way to describe the experience Allie had with her former lover.

They were already packed and ready, so it was only the time it took to make a fresh pot of coffee that elapsed before they were ready to hit the road.

Piled into the car, Allie looked at Julia. "Where to first, babe?"

1990:

Within seconds of having been given permission to, Jules leaned in and closed their lips around Allie's left nipple, sucked on it softly and it was as if their sex was about to explode with arousal, they a felt warm sticky fluid oozing into their bathing shorts.

Feeling a lot more confident from Allie's: go ahead, she let one hand slide down that tight slim body and cupped it around Allie's ass while sucking harder on her nipple.

Just as the case was for Allie, this was all very new to Jules. They had never before found someone they liked who liked an accepted them for who and what they were the way Allie did.

Present:

It had been so many years since last they had touched Allie's naked body but despite the changes it had gone through it still felt familiar to their touch and the way they moved together as they made love was as if they had been lovers for thirty years. They moved in almost perfect sync with each other, anticipating the other's next move to meet it with the perfect response. They were more perfectly in sync with Allie, even after all those years, than they were with Adele, and yet ... unlike it had begun to feel like with Adele there was nothing routine about making love to Allie. It was still as new and exciting as the first time they had touched each other.

When the alarm went off and Julia found herself with Allie's sleeping head on their chest they couldn't stop smiling. This was how it was always supposed to have been. Of course had it been this way for the last 30 years neither of them might have any children. Still. It just felt so right.

They had tried slipping out of bed without waking her ... lover? Of course this had failed. They had showered together, made out a little while they did and then two large cups of coffee and a couple of cigarettes to wake up on, for Julia at least, they were now all ready to go on that road trip they were supposed to have taken thirty years ago. Perhaps Allie's larger more sensible car had been a better choice but for a road trip there was just something to be said for a convertible sports car. It was still too early to take the top down though.
"Westward I suppose," Julia said as they turned the key in the ignition.
The engine of their red Miata MX5 turned over and they pulled out from the curb. They pulled up their driving playlist on Spotify and pressed random, and almost as if by fate the first song out was one of Julia's favourite songs from 1990, the year of that magical summer.

Last edited:
1990:

Allie gasped in surprise and shock from the pleasure that shot through her chest as Jules started sucking on her nipple. The feeling was unlike anything she'd ever felt before. Even her furtive self-exploration of the same area couldn't compare to the sensation that shot through her.

As Jules slipped a hand to Allie's ass, the undercurrent of nagging guilt and shame in the back of her mind surged back to the surface, the usual litanies of "homosexuality is a sin," "it's wrong to like girls," "find a good boy to date," and more beginning to echo in her mind. And that was ignoring the whole "male and female God made them" stuff. Jules wasn't a girl or a boy, though, were they? So where did that put things?

It wasn't long before Allie found herself pulling away from Jules. "I'm sorry. I, uh, this is ..." she trailed off, shaking her head. "I, look, I ... I can't. You're wonderful, but this ... if my parents found out, or, God forbid, my pastor ..." she trailed off again, turning to make her way back to shore.

Present:

The lovemaking was mind-blowing, their bodies remembering, reacting, responding to each other as though they'd last touched yesterday. It was familiar yet different, and so exciting. To say that Allie and Robert's love life was boring would be alive, but this ... this blew even their excitement and fun out of the water.

They had spent a bit waking up with coffee and cigarettes before setting out.

Allie chuckled at Jules' vague "westward" response, nodding. "I suppose." She agreed.

She giggled as the song came on, making her glance at Jules with a grin. "Wow. Talk about a callback. That's ... fuck, I remember you making me listen to this song."

1990:

Jules stood watching as Allie began to make her way back to the beach. Disappointed and hurt as they didn't quite understand what had just happened though the last thing Allie had said about her pastor was a clue of sorts. They knew that in many of these smaller towns religion was still more than a social activity for Sunday mornings. It seemed to them as they just stood there, watching that delicious body move through the water and onto the beach, that Allie's parents, and perhaps the entire community in which she lived and had grown up, was of the more old-fashioned and strict variety. She had probably been raised to believe that anything other than a real boy with a real girl was unacceptable. Poor thing, Julian thought as they realised that this probably meant that Allie had been taught that her own romantic and sexual inclinations would land her in hell if she didn't overcome them and find the right path in life, unless she was ... cured.

Still there had been hints of course ever since their second kiss but no clear signs that Allie actually believed any of it herself, not deep down in her heart anyway. She had heard it spoken about all her life though and was of course dependent on not just her parents but the community in which she lived as a whole. Whether she agreed with their beliefs or not she needed to fit in, to conform to the social norm, which obviously was strictly heterosexual and probably very family oriented as well. Perhaps it was even old-fashioned enough that women were supposed to grow up to become mothers and home-makers, to basically become maids for their husbands.

"Hey," they said as they had after a few minutes made their way back to the beach as well.
"I ... ummm ... I dunno if I can ... y'know ... do us ... if that's how you feel."
Of course Julia didn't believe for a moment that Allie actually believed what she had suggested in the water but figured that it would do no good to push the issue. It would have to be up to Allie, in the end, to decide what to do.
"I'll ... ummm ... be going back now."
They packed up their things, got dressed and as they pulled up their shorts they felt the stone. This gave them an idea and they took it out. They handed it to Allie.
"I know this is perhaps backwards but when and if you decide to follow your heart rather than what you are supposed to and what you are not supposed to do you give this back. You know where to find me."
And with that they pulled their hair up under their Red Sox cap and went back to the B & B where they spent the rest of the day in bed, nervously hoping that at any minute Allie would knock on the door to return the stone.

Present:

"Over and over and over I know," Julia agreed and giggled as well with a confirming nod.
"And it wasn't the only one either," she continued with a smile as she remembered the rather confused look on Allie's face when they had played her the entire album it was taken from. It was probably quite far from what Allie's ears was used to back then. Jules had persisted though and played more and more of their own favourite music, including the latest single from a local Boston band that shared its name with their first girlfriend.
"Maybe when we stop for a stretch and a bathroom break we set up a shared playlist of all the songs we listened to that summer. It would make the perfect soundtrack for the trip, right?"

1990:

Allie paused as Jules spoke, the other person's words and hurt getting to her. She frowned. "Look, Jules, I ... It's ... You don't understand ... I can't just ..." She trailed off helplessly. "I just ... My parents, the pastor, everyone at church ... If they found out ..." She trailed off again. "I ... Nobody here would speak to me again. My family would be disgraced. My parents ..." She sighed as Jules said they were going home.

When Jules came back over, handing her the stone, Allie looked at it, then at Jules. She nodded as she took the stone.

Allie herself returned home and similarly buried herself in her bed, alternately cursing herself for driving Jules away and cursing Jules for making her feel these things. That eventually gave way to her thinking about how their little adventure in the river had made her feel. Right up until the guilt and shame had finally overpowered her, it had felt good. God, it had felt so good.

She spent the rest of the day like that. Then, as the evening dwindled into darkness, she finally made up her mind. Grabbing the stone, she headed for the B&B. When she got there, she figured out which window led to Jules' room, and then lightly threw the stone up at it, hoping the clatter would get Jules' attention.

When the other teen responded, Allie smiled, held up the stone, and gestured in a "come here" motion.

Present

Allie smiled, nodding at Julia's statement about setting up a playlist. "Definitely." She agreed. She chuckled. "You know, I blame you for polluting my musical palate. Before that summer, I basically didn't know anything that wasn't Christian music. But after that ... Let's just say I had a whole musical collection I hid from my parents."

1990:

That afternoon after giving Allie the stone with the ultimatum to not return it until she was ready to follow her own heart rather than the social expectations of her parents and pastor was perhaps the longest, and most restless, in Jules' life thus far. They had never before felt about anyone the way they felt about Allie. Whether it was love or something else they didn't know, as one rarely does the first time you fall in love, but that day they learned that every minute away from her was painful in a way they had also never before experienced. It felt as if ... as if Allie had broken off a big piece of the already complex puzzle that was Julia/n and burnt it, as if she had reached into their chest with her bares hands and ripped out their heart and trampled it.

They cried a lot that afternoon and alternately hugged the pillow tight and punched it. They just shook their head no when their aunt asked them to join her for dinner at one of the local restaurants, explaining that they were not hungry. It was quite obvious to their aunt though that something was wrong with them but she was also sensitive enough to the situation to allow Jules to work through it on their own for a while, knowing that when they were ready for it they would come to her and talk about whatever was on their mind.

They even refrained from resorting to their usual goto method for shutting out the world, music, as they didn't want to risk missing a knock on the door or anything thrown at the window from below, even the faintest of footsteps outside, or clatter of a bike going by had them up in hopes and despite the number of disappointments of not finding Allie either outside the door or the window they still rushed out of bed at every sound until ... Yes, there she was, holding up the stone and beckoning for them to come down.

Jules let out an unusually high pitched scream and ran down the stairs at a perilous speed almost tripping over themself, almost bumping into one of the other guests knocking him over as they dashed towards the backdoor. They only just barely slowed down to not knock Allie over but then they halted themself and stood there in front of the most beautiful girl in all the world, as nervous as they had been the first time they met, if not more, hesitating, waiting for Allie to speak, or kiss them or do anything at all.

Present:

"Well someone had to ... right?" Julia said with a smile and nodded at Allie's confession that she had had a secret collection of records.
That at least meant that regardless of why she had cancelled their road trip the first time around she had still remembered them through the music Julia had introduced her to that summer and in her head Julia was already compiling her part of the playlist as they left the Boston area and eventually Massachusetts as well along the I90 towards Buffalo. This would take them close to the Niagara Falls. From there they could go South and decide what they wanted to see and do along the way. As they reached Whitesboro about halfway inbetween Julia pulled over for a break to stretch their legs and use the bathroom.

And of course to set up the playlist for the rest of the trip.

Back
Top Bottom