Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

I am friends with a bountry hunter ((AlisaXMaso))

Vailed In Black

•´¯`•. lέᵐ𝕄𝒆 ⒽєΔ𝐫 үo𝐔 Ⓢᶜ𝓻𝓔𝒶m ≾3 .•´¯`•
Sue sat at her desk flicking her gun in a circle around her finger. Her cowboy hat was resting on her nose but she looks up to see a friendly face. With a even friendlier thing with them: a man that was terrorizing the town itself; A washing relief was poured over her since she couldn't round up her own posse and stop them so she had her friend go after them. Sue often ignored their past as long as they continued to work with intention to help the law win in the town she was stationed in. A deputy a while ago she was just promoted to Sheriff not too long ago. By 'not too long ago' it has been 2 years so she has gotten the hang of it. Many types have been through the Saloon doors as her town is stationed close by to some spots of interest with those seeking fortune or even seeking homesteading it may be the wild west but there were small pieces of land that allowed some ranching to be started up. Got the old dickens up the road from town with their rather large and successful ranch and another to the west as all walks of life have used this town as a hub.

It has been a boon and a curse to deal with lowlifes that think it is cute to come in and try to take a cut for themselves. They can be all walks of life from a rich greedy man, to a poor stealing woman that is trying to get by. Sue's thought on 'getting by' find a place to work as a farmhand and work the land. Find some good values and stop stealin' people's livelihoods. But she had to come out of her head at sometime glancing at her friend and the man she recognized him which made her eyes show with another kind of fear: there have been gangs in her territory before they often hang around for a few months longest a year. Then they move on to another part of the west. But this man is apart of a long running gang that often terriorizes not just her town but other towns she keeps in touch through telegram. They have been some nasty bits of work to the country and worse to her and other sheriffs. Finally she takes her boots off her desk and sit normally adjusting her hat eyes hard looking up. "What in your right mind did you have to try to take a very popular man from a gang that has no remorse for anything. I appreciate and I will get the needed bounty for you but...you may have done more harm then good." She says with a 'tch' of her mouth making sure her six shooter was reloaded she stood up putting her gun its holster. "They just got done being a terror to us for a while and you bring him in? This day or week or month just got so much better." She said 'better' stretched and sarcastic as she moved about the desk grabbing the man from the hunter.

Not even caring she tossed the man in a cell locking looking back at her friend, "I wonder how long it will be till they notice their buddy missin'? I reckon it is gonna get pretty hairy soon at least that is what the gut is tellin' me." She said putting her fingers in her pockets adopting a nonchalant stance. Sure she looked like she took it easy but she never, ever bent on the law and if somebody attempted to bend it? They would be arrested for a bribe or any kind of deal to sway her principles toward their side. Slowly her boots clanged against the wood of her Sheriff's office as she glanced out the window at the busy town. Unaware of a possibility of a very dangerous gang coming into town and doing some serious damage. Maybe it was her Sheriff sense but if you pinch a popular gang's members they tend to take it very poorly when she was satisfied that there wasn't a soul in sight that had intention of robbin' or stealin' from the busy folk outside of her office she turned back to her friend leaning against the wall taking out a cig she lit it and let a stream of smoke flow out from between her lips as her eyes fixed heavily on her friend.

Sonia grinned, her cigar alight in her teeth as heavy smoke poured from it and she inhaled blowing the smoke from her nose like a dragon, "Relax sheriff." she said with a grin, as she tossed the man in a cell, kicking him in the ass as he stumbled in. "Ain't that the point? Ain't that why you keep my little secret and let me get my hands dirty so you don't? Hiring a mean individual to bag meaner individuals to lure the meanest out yet." A grin crossed the wicked woman's face as she waited for her bounty. "Relax sheriff." she said again, it was a phrase she uttered often. Sue had decided to let the outlaw work for her and move in, well to be fair she wasn't an outlaw anymore, she was a servant of the court a bounty hunter. They were gunna hang her, but being the silver tongued, lead slinging devil she was she suggested that she serve a life sentence in service to the court, hunting down bad men and bringing them to justice.

"After all, these wicked hands are at your command now." She pulled the cigar out of her mouth and blew a smoke ring, "You said you don't want nobody dead unless I gotta, and I ain't gotta make this one dead so we can let the hangman have his day, but, these men that are comin, I may have to make a few of em dead, hopin that you don't mind that, long as its in service to make the town clean, long as I got a gun in my hand sheriff aint no bad man gunna do anything in this town that we aint keen on accepting." Sonia wasn't good with words entirely, she didnt quite speak with the elegance of most, but she was genuine and herself. She knew what she was, and what her job was. It was true she did fancy the sheriff, but until Sue decided to do anything about it, she would remain professional.

"So." She said, taking a seat next to the cell, "Seeing as I just came into some money, courtesy of you, what say you come have a drink at the bar with me to celebrate, I figure we got about three days for the gang to notice I pinched their fella here, plenty o time to get lost in the bottom of a bottle or two and sober up for a bit of a ruckus." She grinned, Sonia lived to scrap and fight, going to the bar, she was lookin for one too.

Sue glanced at her hotshot of a bounty hunter and of course it was true: she was about to hang and now she was working for Sue herself. "I keep tryin' to tell myself that Sonia...why do you call me "Sheriff" thought you were a more informal type?" She glanced back at Sonia looking worried it wasn't a big hidden secret that Sue, herself, liked keeping the peace and her right arm loved destroyin' it to get at her prize. "If you try to capture some alive it would help with my conscious and you will get paid more for bringin' them to justice Sonia. Keep that thought in mind," she commented as she walked toward the door making sure her star was on full display she opened the door only leaving the screen door from the outside of her office. "You want to drink? Should I even? Might break the law and get rowdy with how you are...", Sue said critically but she sighed and rubbed the bridge of her nose, "fine, lets go have a drink with your 'new found money'." She walked out of the office not bothering to check if Sonia was following her mind said that she was considering they were going to the saloon one of Sonia's favorite places to frequent when it came to payday from her hard labors of capturing law breakers.

Sue glanced back, "wickedness aside Sonia when are you truly gonna let that stuff slide? When will you turn over a leaf and take a page from my book?" She asked stopping just on the side of the road watching a tumble weed move across toward the edge of town. "You know, you may be the meanest and dirties of my help...but I would welcome you as a deputy. I'd just be more discreate with your 'activities'. I just feel that you should think about the future and all that considering I gave you a second lease on life." Some of this talk was whispered as some of her people come by to wave and say hi to their good Sheriff. A sheriff that hired a woman that had virtually no morals and acted of her own accord as long as she got paid. After a bit more she turned and headed toward the saloon which was just a skip, jump, and hop away; opening the doors to it the various smells of tobacco, alcohol and even sweat hit the nose at once. It was like a stampede of animals that smoked and drank running and hitting your brain. "This place smells better and better the more I visit it," she made a comment glancing at Sonia wondering how the animal that returns to her watering hole would react versus an animal that prefers greener pastures.

A man was sitting on a small makeshift stage, playing guitar for the masses. She walked right up to him and smiled. "Remember that song they wrote about me?" she said, lifting the brim of her hat, showing the man her face. He nodded his head almost wincing under her stare. Even though it was well known Sonia didn't live the life of an outlaw anymore and she was on the side of the long arm of justice, it was always the left arm, the one working in secret, getting dirty, her past followed her everywhere. A room of people would run if her hand got anywhere near one of the twin black as death pistols or even her knife, the fabled blade the song was written about. "Play it." she said, the man nodded fervently and began to play the fabled song written about Sonia "The matador" Bartlybe. She then took a seat at the bar, and tapped it twice, the bartender brought two shot glasses, filed them with whiskey. "Leave the bottle." she said as she pulled out another cigar and lit it.

As she sat at the bar, a man came up and sat next to her, he blew a thick ring of smoke in her face and grinned a crooked smile. Despite the fact that Sonia was now on the good side of the law, a few bounty hunters that didn't quite get the memo, or had some sort of bone to pick. It looked like this man would be another notch on her belt. He grinned a crooked smile as he stared at her. "Fitting innit?" he said.

Sonia remained unmoved and took the second shot, sticking a hand out, motioning for Sue to stay back, as things might get ugly. The rest of the bar went quiet, the man sitting next to Sonia was about to die, they all knew it. "And what might that be that is so fitting?" She asked.

"The song they wrote for the terror of the plains, for you, is the same one you are gunna die to." He said, "Twelve paces, five minutes, outside." He said.

Sonia grinned, "You sure?" Her hands remained on the bar, but she reached her hand down and unbuttoned the clip on her blade, his hands instantly went to his gun and Sonia grinned.

"Y-y-yeah." The man said, hand still on his pistol, beads of sweat running down his head.

"You know you're gunna die right." She said then stood, "Now, I know all of these nice people here don't wanna see a nice law abiding BOUNTY HUNTER." She spat at those last words "Die today, seein as you are supposed to be on the good side of the law." Sonia turned to the sheriff but was still speaking to him, "Now, I'm always ready to get it on, so if you wanna get it on, you can die in the street but." Now she was speaking to the sheriff, "I think our resident badge may have a few words to say to ya before you go doin somethin so foolish. Sheriff?"

Taking a seat at the bar Sue let her bounty hunter choose a song and everything for them to listen to while she waited for her companion to join her at the bar. Though her eye shifted to the man that came up to Sonia when they had settled and she hadn't gotten any more words with her as the man said something that made Sue's eyebrow raise. She was gonna say something but then noticed that Sonia was entertaining the man Sue wanted to say something but the woman often was extremely forceful with conversation and Sue didn't know how to handle it.

Now the Sheriff was very on edge as the man was referencing the past that Sue didn't want to come out to the people of her town. Most did have an idea but it was unspoken cause Sue had made sure of it, no good would be had if they had known she was employing the woman to help with things. Though the conversation was getting tense yet the only one that was showing the tension was the man that had issue the whole deal and it only made Sue wonder why would he stick his head out to get shot at.

Sue stood with her about ready to intervene she didn't like this kind of shit in her town these 'duels'. She preferred people actually working, trading, keeping their little town alive in the wild west. Not burying dead bodies of fools that thought they had a chance at striking down a very infamous woman of the west turned freelancer vigilante. When Sonia finally gave her the floor Sue walked up beside her with her fingers in her pockets glaring at the man, "I don't think I like where this is headin' if you know who this woman is...did ya think it was safe to battle her in my town? I don't need my people to be scared at a fool lookin' for his own grave and the very gravestone I have to provide cause I ain't letting no fool stink up the streets of my town. I suggest maybe changing life choices and going to live for yourself maybe go out to the ranches near the town and help out. I hear the ranch to the west could use a good hustler for their flock of cows and maybe a good hand to till the ground." Sue suggested to try to diffuse the situation as Sonia knew that violence was never in her priority.

"I suggest you take our dear sheriffs suggestion, she ain't gunna stop me from killin you if you wanna do this, she just won't let me kill ya for no reason." A grin parted her lips and smoke was blown out of her nose. They stared at each other for what felt like forever as the bar grew silent. Sonia's hand rested on her blade and the mans hand rested on his gun. Now, most people would think that its a very stupid idea to pull a knife on a man holding a gun, and most people would be right. Then again, those people never met Sonia, the people that had knew the guy with the gun was at a disadvantage, even if the man manage to get his gun out of the holster, he was still dead. Even if the man managed to shoot Sonia even, he was still dead. Sonia grinned at the man, her cigar in her teeth, hand on her knife, he would break eventually and give up, they all did, just a matter of time.

Sue looked irritated as she put a strand of blonde behind her ear, the smells of the saloon are even more offensive now. The Tabaco and the alcohol mingling together to bring in the third and final smell sweat. The whole area felt like a cesspool of trash and this man was starting to add more to the smell that invaded her senses. Even if it was tense Sue stepped a little closer, "One...last chance...you do this there is no coming back and I suggest that you not. I'd have to bury you" she finally said in a semi caring voice deep down she wasn't like Sonia she actually cared about people when others wouldn't. "Don't be a bigger fool than you are mister," she warned and cautioned one last time glancing at Sonia as she knew that Sue wouldn't stop her if this was the course this man was gonna take. When the man didn't back down Sue stepped back grabbing her holster belt looking down, "damn it all to hell...fine you stupid idiot...outside...you too!" She cursed to them both clanking out of the door. Though she stopped heading back to the bar ignoring them. she took the bottle that Sonia said to leave and she downed about half of the bottle in one gulp. She didn't even gasp and then turned heading out of the saloon waiting for them.

When she got to the porch of the saloon over looking the dirt road a citizen stopped by her, "Sheriff! What is this all about..." She asked as Sue shook her head leaning on the railing, "stupidity Ms. MacCory, stupidity. I suggest moving along now." She tipped her cowbow had to the woman as she bid Sue good bye and headed back home. Sue sighed as she looked out at the horizon worried about that gang that will be showing up whenever and at the moment she was dealing with fuckin' idiots.

Lets set the mood shall we?

"You heard her." Sonia said, "Go on now, I ain't gunna shoot ya in the back I promise."

The man turned and walked out the door backwards, not taking his eyes off Sonia. She stood up quickly and the man fell over backwards, out of the saloon door and on his ass as he crawled backwards into the street. She smirked and stepped over him., then crouched next to the man, laying on his back terrified, "Get up." She said, then she stood up and walked into the street with the confidence of a lion going for the kill. "COME ON NOW! TWELVE PACES GET OFF YER ASS!" She shouted, Sonia did not take kindly to people that challenged her then got scared. She took off her pistol belt and Tossed it to Sue to catch. "Kindly if ya please." She said then turned to the man, "Come on now boy! When the devil comes callin and you pick up the phone, best be ready to go to hell." Her hand caressed the handle of her blade.

"Y-y-you're fuckin batshit." He said, stammering and getting to his feet on shaky legs.

"Come on now, twelve paces." she said, "Boy, if you don't grow a set of balls right fuckin now I will castrate you in front of all of these nice people and then I'll fry em up real nice with some eggs, I'm hungry." She barked.

"N-n-no guns?" he asked.

"Hellfire boy, I seen a damn dead animal move faster n you do, of course you can use a gun, but you wanted to fight, so this is how I fight." She was goading him, out of respect for Sue she was trying to get the man to cower. "Last chance boy, you put you hand on that but of your gun and you get ready to draw and you better hope you kill me, because if you don't you are gunna really wish you did." She grabbed the handle of her blade but it rested in her hilt, he grabbed the butt of his pistol, ready. "Alright now on three.....one......two...." The man pulled his pistol before she said three he shot and winged Sonia on the right side of her neck, she didn't flinch as blood ran down her neck. "Thr-" she didnt finish her words, the man dropped his gun, dropped to his knees and begged for mercy.

"P-p-please, d-d-don't kill me." he started sobbing, "I ain't mean it, I ain't mean it." he said, "Just lemmie live." He crawled to the Sheriff and held onto her leg like a child, "Don't let her kill me, please, I ain't mean it, I ain't know what I was gettin myself into, put me to work, I'll do anything, you just keep that crazy woman away from me."

Sue only kept her position on her railing and when the belt was tossed at her she tilted her hat and caught it. She then put it on her shoulder watching on as there was a small crowd forming. Sue sighed hard holding her hat tightly she didn't want a spectacle cause that means that there could be a wave of desperados that think they could use her town as a shooting ground. Sighing again she just kept watching the scene though she finally moved off the porch but staying to the sidelines as she watched them prepared. The way that Sonia did this often scared her partner cause they expected a gun but Sonia used blades. It often surprised and terrified her dueling partner.

Sue wanted to say to the man to get the fuck up cause he wanted this. But she kept quiet hands in her pockets with a hard glare at the man while her gun belt glinted in the sunlight. Her eyebrow perked up when she saw the man shoot his gun early even before Sonia could even get to three before he shot and she didn't even flinch. Though Sue didn't move as the others looked at her not even make a move. She only coughed and shook her head, "pathetic...you call this a duel? I call it playin' with your sack and not takin' this seriously partner." She called out to the man then as Sonia finished the last call she saw the man drop his gun.

He scooted on his knees to Sue herself that gave him a contemptuous glare, "you dare challenge her and yet when you know death is starin' you in the face you cower and get on your knees." Sue looked to Sonia beckoning her over, "...I say he isn't worth it...let this spineless creep walk away...if he comes back? I am confident you can kill'em just the same way you would have done today." She commented, "save your energy and don't kill'em I will lock him up and force him to do labor at one of the ranches teach this boy some value in keeping a backbone and facing his demons specially if he was ready to do when he was talkin' big back at the saloon. Mary!" She called, "that bottle please? would you kindly?" Sue asked and a bottle was slung out of the saloon and Sue caught it drinking a large amount of it, handing it to Sonia, "well what is your answer?" She eyed Sonia seriously.

She grabbed the bottle and poured some of the whiskey on her wound, "Put him to work." she said, wincing a little as the alcohol sterilized the wound, "Hellfire that hurts." she said taking a sip, then crouching right in front of the man she looked him in the eye as she took a sip of whiskey, blood still running down her neck. "What you learned about challenging the devil boy?"

He looked at her, still cowering on the ground, "D-d-don't." he said.

"That's right, don't." She stood and took another sip, "Sheriff, you in tha mood to stitch me up?" She asked, almost as if this was a regular thing, "Truth be told, it was, to further that truth Sonia fancied Sue, in the sort of way a man fancies a woman he thinks is pretty, though she would never act on it, out of respect, after all if the she tried to kiss the sheriff and found out she wasn't havin it, well thats jail time and she may very well kick her out of town, but if Sue kissed Sonia, then she would know. Sonia was patient, and she would wait forever if she had to.

Sue listened to her and smirked, "my thoughts exactly, get up you scum" she pulled up the man by his vest glaring at him, "you better not try this again mister. You won't get another chance like this again." Sue threatened saying she wouldn't make the choice and would let Sonia make the choice next time. She eyed Sonia moving toward her office holding them man by the arm. She knew he wouldn't run with the devil staring him down and eventually they got to the office. She opened the office, and then the screen walking in. The other cell she had she threw him in locking it. "I will telegraph one of the ranches for you to work at mister, get real comfortable you will be worked hard for your transgressin' on my town and my friend here."

When she finished she moved Sonia to the table in her station sitting her down, "sure, I will go ahead and stich ya up..." Sue said as she got to view the woman's features. Normally her pa and ma wanted her to marry some rich lawman up north. But Sue defied them both and moved down to this town and won her position through grit and admiration for the law yet now she stood with this strapping bounty hunter under her watch. She would watch the bounty hunter but it seemed that she followed and cleaned up her region. The way she worked and how efficient she was it was no wonder she was a terror back then.

Sue sighed as she begin to stich giving Sonia some booze incase she needed it, but she knew that the bounty hunter was tough as nails. "Good back there, I knew you would put that man in his place. Stupid ruffians with something to prove...the useless lot of em'!" She spat at the cages holding the two men the first man didn't even react while the other was shaking still shook up from the failed duel just now. "But just like your usual style you managed to pull it off Sonia...haha maybe ma and pa if they could take the stick out of their asses may think that you would be a better fit for me. My arm and reach and your grit, my blade in my hand to make sure these hooligans know what is comin' for them." She commented as she finished the last stich cutting it with her tooth and then tying a knot to make sure it stayed still. She put the kit down and gave the bounty hunter a confident grin, "You are really tough as hell Sonia, I'd be terrified too if I tried to duel you...almost seems like your gaze can dominate." Sue ideally commented while she put away her kit for stichin' up folks. But her service was private and normally she would point it to the local doc in town.

Sonia caught the hint, but was still not wanting to overstep boundaries. "Sheriff." she said, rubbing the back of her neck, "If I asked you to come over for dinner tonight, just sayin, theoretically I invited you for dinner, would ya go?" Sonia was nervous, not nervous to ask the sheriff out on a date, not nervous to do the sweet things they would after, just nervous to get rejected. "I mean, hypothetically speakin' if you was into women that is, which I mean, you probably aren't." Again, the nervous neck rub.

Sue came back only to hear this question which made her pause, she wasn't a stranger to courting as she did keep some of her politeness. "Am I..." She froze as she saw how this was making the fearless bounty hunter look very meek for a moment. It gave Sue a bit longer to react but finally she regained her composure with a smile, "Oh? So you wish to have dinner? I was just gonna go home tonight and have somethin' but if you want to treat me well you do keep my town clean of filth." She walked to the seat across from Sonia, "but this "Sheriff" business? Gotta stop if you want me to come along on this little dinner get together Sonia." She chuckled sitting back in a relaxed posture.

"Alright....." She swallowed hard, "Sue." That took a lot out of her, she had the utmost respect for the sheriff and rightly so, she had kept her secret and let her live in peace as long as she stayed on the right side of the law, which at times it was quite the struggle for Sonia. Sonia wanted to do bad things to Sue the moment she laid eyes on her, because even if Sue knew her secret about her past, she still kept one very large secret from her, and if all went well, she would be revealing it very soon. "So, what time we kickin outta here then? I got some meat already at the house and I reckon I can muster up some veggies or somethin for dinner from the garden, and we could make stew. Got some whiskey and some really nice tobacco if you are keen for that, then its starlight and fire till we get tired, got a spare cot too if we get to shnockered you can stay the night." She didnt want to imply anything, but if Sue did on the other hand...

Sue nodded putting her hands on her hips giving the gunslinger a smile, "there that ain't so hard was it? Sonia." Of course Sue had started to use her name cause her other was too infamous and scared her town folk. They needed to believe in her help not be terrified that one night the woman was gonna kill them in their sleep. Sue strode a head a bit looking back at her, "I-I am new to this kind of ...interaction. Ma and Pa would be kind of angry if they saw me fornicatin' with a woman but I reckon you at least deserve a chance. Though I don't rightly know what I like Sonia so this is a good test to see how things go. Not to shoot your dreams to dust, but at least give me a shake of skeptism till we are in the moment. Cause...cowgirl..." She gave Sonia a small smirk and backwards glance, "I notice how you like starin' at my behind and my chest. It is very flatterin' but I just wondered when you would have said somethin'" She commented with a laugh swaying her hips so that Sonia could see as she turned around Sue was a flirt and if somebody liked her and she didn't mind their company? She would rile them up for the sake of it, she was a bit of a badgirl herself but not to Sonia's extent. Sue listened to the plans that the gunslinger laid out for her, she put her gloved finger up to her chin in a thoughtful pose, "I darn say, a right down awfully nice night. I believe I can close up shop today, the thieves must be taking a nap cause crime has been sleepin' more as of a late. Lead the way Sonia." Sue said with a cheerful smile.

Sonia pulled off her hat and fanned herself, fornication, even though she had it planned, now that Sue had out right said it, Sonia was getting hot and bothered in a whole new sort of way. "Sorry Sheri-Sue, I mean, its respectful, ya know since ya sorta let me live in peace and help yall out and retire from that whole outlaw and bounty hunter business otherwise without you, I probably would have shot my way into a situation, shot my way out of it, and caught a stray bullet ridin across the dessert." Sonia chuckled at that last remark. "Sleepin? Naw they just too damn scared to come within a hundred miles knowin that The Matador stands at the door." Then the brown woman blushed, "Now?" she said, nervously, then mustered the courage and stood, "Follow me." she said as she walked outside and slid into her saddle of her black long haired horse. "Just a few miles outta town, reckon you probably already knew that though since you helped me stake the claim."

Sue laughed at the Sonia's reaction to her comments, Sue was a good heart but she was blunt and she thought that the Matador would understand that. Either way she could only take in the whole scene of how her possible partner was already getting hot under the collar. Sue assumed her friend was ready to already shoot her pistol which she found adorable. She'd never admit it Sue was a tough girl just like Sonia but Sonia was her darkness while Sue believed she was the lighter side of the equation. When darkness and light mix law breakers better fear it. She admit she worked better in a team and she hadn't had a deputy before but she knew that her friend wouldn't ever stoop low to be a deputy and give up all of her bad habits. Sue was willing to allow almost all of it as long as she didn't actively shoot anybody or commit a crime herself. Sue left the office behind Sonia and then hopped onto her chestnut horse that had a lot of survival equipment incase that Sue did go on a long journey she had the things she needed. "Oh, yeah, how has that patch been fairin' Sonia? Any others try to encroach you on your land?" She asked grabbing the reins of her horse. "Any land disputes? I am pretty sure the government allowed me to sell that land to you and it wasn't involved in any disputes but you never know." She commented glancing at Sonia waiting for her to take off.

"I reckon it was a right clean claim Sue." She said with a smile, "Soil is nice and rich too, perfect for growing all kinds of veggies and green stuff, which is great for me, seein as I like livin off the land. I even talked to old man Terrance, he's got some apple seeds comin in for me, reckon in a year or two, I can have some apple pie." Sonia smiled, "Giddy up now." She said, clicking her tongue on her teeth and giving the horse a good squeeze, "Hope yer old mare can keep up." Sonia said chuckling as she gave the horse another nudge as it gracefully went into a full gallop. Sonia's horse in itself was quite famous too, it was a war horse, belonged to a Calvary man who died by mysterious means. Most people said Sonia killed him and took his horse, but the truth was, she won it in a game of poker against someone who had come into its possession by means he would not tell. It didn't matter, to her it was a clean transaction and she even got papers of ownership. The horse being a Calvary horse, a war horse it had been ran and ran and ran some more, it was a more muscular horse with the stamina of an Olympic sprinter, after all when one is running from bullets or chasing down an outlaw, speed was essential.

Sue glanced over and listened to her companion smiling, "good, good." She merely said happy and satisfied that she had done a lot for Sonia. The gunslinger wanted a property that she could self sustain and be comfortable. Sue dealt with the proper authorities and it was a lot of runnin' about but she did get what Sonia had requested for thanks for a solid defense of her town. "That pie sounds as good as grown, Sonia!" Sue chuckled with a smirk and then when she heard Sonia Sue clicked her tongue and ushered the mare forward with her reigns. "No, need to worry Sonia, Betty can rock'em as good as any young mare that you could find these days. She has served me quite well," Sue was proud of her house a pretty fit mare and loyal as hell to boot. She even scooped up her rider out of a hairy situation with only a few wounds on her flank which Sue had patched up only cementing the loyalty that much more. So Betty had some scars on her hide but nobody even bat an eye. Most were often nice to the old lady in defense of her rider. Even against Sonia's monster of a horse which was rightfully so a beast. Betty held on and managed to keep a line, of course the old mare was gonna have issue outrunning the horse but she at least could match a wider line with it. "That's it girl, don't feel the need to push yourself too hard." Sue patted the horse's side.

Sonia knew that Sue knew the way to her place, after all she had been there when it was just a tent and a camp fire, now though she had her own little house, her own slice of paradise in this otherwise hell of a world. "Come on now, faster faster boy." She said, giving the horse another nudge and leaning forward giving the horse a few pats on the neck, the horse whinnied and obliged as they sped up. There was something about riding a horse across the open country that just felt right, nothing but the wind in your hair and a powerful steed at your command. She kicked up a cloud of dust and pulled away as she stood up on the stirrups, cutting loose, and just shouting, they were free, no one for miles no one to hear them or see them so she shouted, "YEEEEEEEEEHAW! I AM SONIA THE MATADOR AND I AM FREEE!!!" She hooted and howled, this feeling of freedom overwhelming her mixed with excitement and a little arousal at the nights events to come.

Sue was smiling despite how Sonia was pulling ahead poor old betty couldn't keep up with her powerful horse. But Sue never lost sight of her and smiled enjoying the wind through her blonde locks. Sue could only smile and appreciate the voice of her companion a wild force in the wild west contained for protection in her little town. Sue was blessed despite how dark of a history and habits her little force of nature was. The ride was exhilarating and the night air was amazing that they were blasting through. Though she noticed they were coming up on her homestead and it was very well developed which Sue was stunned she hadn't been out here in a long while. The way that Sonia actually lived out self sustained off of the land was commendable.

Sonia slowed her steed and brought him to a trot, then a walk as she leapt off and let him wander, "Good boy." she said, pulling a carrot from her saddle bag and giving it to him as she gave him a pat on the neck and a kiss on the head, "Good boy." she said again as she pulled off her saddle and the horse wandered to a nearby patch and started grazing. She had indeed set up an entire house, it had taken months to build and get the resources she needed but she now had a two room house, one was the kitchen and everything else, the other was the bedroom. "It ain't much, but its home." she said as Sue rode up, "Home is where I want to rest my tired bones, and restin em with a pretty girl? That aint too bad either." She pumped some water into a nearby bucket from the well and washed her hands, then walked to her garden, she pulled up a few carrots, a potato or two and the most quintessential vegetable to a stew, celery. For being a cold blooded killer, she had a green thumb. She headed inside and dunked the veggies in a bucket of water by the sink and washed them off before she started cutting them. She softly sang a song, partially to entertain her guest, but also just a way to express herself. As she sang she worked, getting the vegetables into a pot and filling it with water, hanging it over the fire she had started in the fireplace.

Sue trotted up to Sonia which had dismounted her horse giving a nod, "it is something I reckon that would have taken any in the town back. The Matador having a quaint little home and pretty garden? Most would have died on the spot upon hearin' it." She teased with a smirk dismounting doing about the same for old Betty. The horse nuzzled Sue's cheek with a huff despite literally full on running a good while the old woman stood tall by Sonia's monster of a horse. Sue still couldn't believe that Sonia had such a monster as a steed but he was a looker regardless. "Everyone needs rest, Sonia, even The Matador," Sue said giving her a warm smile as she walked with Sonia while she grabbed the veggies needed for the stew. "Need any help? I know that you are helpin' me all the damn time. I wouldn't mind getting my hands dirty." She commented but in all honesty Sue had often gotten her supplies from the general store, she was no green thumb. She had a knack for animals having her own little personal ranch but garden? No, that wasn't the Sheriff's specialty so she felt a little disadvantaged despite her offer to help. Though in the mean time she listened to Sonia's little tune even her little ditties were deep. Wasn't there something that was shallow? something that was fake or superficial? It seemed that wasn't the case with The Matador.

Sonia took a seat in front of the fire and padded the seat next to her, two wooden rocking chairs that you didn't have to ask if Sonia made them herself, she had carved her name into them so it was clear. "You wanna know me Sue? What it was like before I turned into a outlaw with a heart 'o gold?" She chuckled, "Sit for a spell, foods gunna take a bit and I figure you deserve to hear a little somethin I wrote a long time ago, I never shared this with anyone. So don't you go tellin' no one Sonia has got a soft heart now ya hear?" She chuckled to show she was kidding then pulled an old beaten guitar off the wall next to her and started singing and playing her heart out. When she got to the part about the conflict she practically screamed and sang her heart out as tears ran down her face, this wasn't a song about some badass outlaw gunning the whole town down, or some hero, it was about her, and the constant turmoil within her. She had been through hell, and back, and then through hell again just to get a taste of the life she had now. She had drowned herself in booze and tobacco just to numb the pain of all the bad things she had done. She had lost control, she had lost it all, and yet people still pushed her, again and again, forcing her to stay on the wrong side of the law. Then she met Sue, the woman that saved her life.

Sue sat next to Sonia taking in the craftsmanship of the seats was a breath to behold, she wasn't used to sitting on something so nicely made. "Oh yes, let me know of the woman that turned good." She was sarcastic and joking at first but an atmosphere was coming around and she suddenly lost her jovial attitude and listened closely. "Alright, I got my ears perked and my mind is open Sonia." She wanted to make sure that the gunslinger could impart what she wanted without any issue of Sue not catching every detail. "...and risk having more danger come to my town cause they The Matador has gone soft? Not in a heartbeat, your reputation alone is an army against those idiots." Sue smiled reinforcing even if Sonia meant it as a joke though she grew silent when she saw Sonia grab for a very beat up guitar. Something that she knew had soul to it, something that traveled with its owner Sue was often sensitive to things like this. She appreciate the sentimentality of items that have gone the distance with their owners. As Sonia sang Sue hung on the words, the melody, and everything she even adopted a more feminine pose when she saw that Sonia was screaming her heart out in a part of the song that even brought the hardy Sheriff to her knees emotionally. The road that she took to get here, and everything it was so powerful but she didn't know it was aimed at her. However something about it almost pointed to Sue, herself, that was somewhat a focal point. However the prideful Sheriff wasn't gonna stoop that low to try to claim credit or anything for it. "That...that song, it...it hit me hard Sonia...you really put feelin' into that piece of yours. You...sure you won't pick it up as a folk singer? You would make a killin'" A pun but a comment that Sue hoped Sonia would take seriously and then turn down cause she didn't want to lose her best gun and protection for her town.

Back
Top Bottom