Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

The Vampire Hunters Mistake (LunarWolf and GuardianAngel)

The older children did seem a bit panicked although they were a bit baffled at the wildlife that just seemed to make their way out of the forest. Squirrels bringing them acorns, and other random things. Birds bringing them berries. It seemed like the animals were just trying to comfort the children. Ren was just chittering happily before he was streaking over to the children, making them giggle a bit. "Let us get back inside the cave. It isn't safe here." Circe was speaking in a soft voice before ushering them ahead of her. There was something that she was hiding from them although Drake would be able to pick up on it, the scent of blood with a trace of poison. A poisoned arrow had managed to clip her arm, and she was pushing away the pain to keep the children calm. "I'll be in shortly, go on ahead with Ren." Circe was smiling and Ren was streaking ahead of them, turning it into a game of tag. It was once the children were gone inside of the cave and Ren had assured her that they wouldn't see anything that she was sinking down to her knees, allowing her knees to give out from under her. This was a stronger poison meant to affect vampires, potentially deadly for a human. Thankfully Circe had a small amount of immunity to it where it wouldn't be fatal but it was still going to wreck havoc on her system. The animals around her were chittering and there were a few of them bringing her stuff. "Purple flower.... Good for this poison.... by the lake.... " she was mumbling and a few squirrls were bolting off.

Drake touched his nose to her arm freezing the blood and poison in its place "I can keep it from spreading too far but we will have to be fast"

Circe was just mumbling a bit under her breath but it seemed like the animals were already on the job, off to collect what she was needing.

Circe was falling into him and was just focusing on breathing slot, which would help keep it from spreading quickly as well. The animals were on the move as well.

Circe was just looking for a moment before she spoke, "He is protecting the palace. I'll be fine. The squirrels are on their way back now with what I needed."

Drake nodded his head "i will leave him for now but if your condition changes I am going to summon him" Drake didnt want her to pass and her family not be there

Circe was just nodding her head before she spoke, "Just need to make the mixture and drink it. I'll want to sleep, but don't let me do that. If it doesn't seem to get better in an hour, then you may call him. But if it is getting better and there are only small traces, please do not bother him." No this was something else that she was confident in, shockingly enough; her skill with different herbs.

"I understand princess my nose is strong despite my age I will know if you are getting sicker" Drake would keep his promise to her and only summon Kyle if she took a turn for the worst

Circe was giving a nod before she was giving a faint smile; although it was a rather weak smile. Soon enough the squirrels returned and she was doing what she was needing to do, having Drake assist how he could when it was needed. After she drank it, Drake would be able to smell a different scent on her, and if he could smell the poison, he would find that the scent was already beginning to grow weaker.

Circe was just listening to what he had to say, a very curious and interested look on her fact as she did listen. Although it was quite obvious that she was rather exhausted, and staying awake was a difficult thing; but by the scent on her the poison smell was lessening by a lot. Even the animals around seemed calm.

The hour seemed to go by and a dragon was flying through the air towards the area, gliding down to the land on the ground. Chrissanth was hopping off and looking towards the pair of them. "Oh thank goodness you got away safely." the huntress was commenting and Circe was looking up a bit sleepily before asking how everything was at the palace. This had Chrissanth stating that everything was under control, the enemy had decided to be smart and retreat. The dragon that was standing behind her just seemed to headbutt her back gently which had her looking before she spoke, "Oh yes... I'll be leaving for a while. I'm going to scout with this one and see if we can't pinpoint where they are all hiding out."

Drake looked at the other dragon and then spoke "I see you have found your rider young one do take great care of her while your scouting" Drake then carefully picked Circe up so that they could head to the castle and she could rest

The dragon was just lower his head for a moment and nuzzling against Chrissanth, who just seemed a bit confused but she figured that it would all be explained eventually.

Drake wished them well and then headed off knowing full well he would get to see his rider as well and it had been too long since they had been together

Chrissanth was giving an incline of her head and was soon enough turning so that she could climb up onto the dragon's back once again, and the creature was shooting off. Somehow in the few times that she had ridden on his back, she had already seemed to master riding without a saddle. As this happened, Drake would find a few archers aiming their bows at him as he landed with the palace. Although it was Shayne that was walking out of the palace and holding out a hand for them to stand down, easily knowing the figure that the dragon seemed to be carrying carefully in his claws. This had him walking forward so that he could gently take the female from the dragon, at least if the dragon allowed him to. There was no way that he was going to argue with the dragon at all, and who knew if he was even trusted by the dragon at all. "I am one of the princes Shayne, and I mean neither of you harm. I just wish to get her inside so that she can rest." he spoke from where he stopped a few feet away from Drake, not moving any closer at the time.

Drake lowered his head and sniffed him nodding when he noticed the scents of both females that lingered on him "take care she was poisoned she cured herself but I fear it may make her weak for some time" Drake then opened his claws for the male to carefully;y take her from him

Shayne didn't move at all and didn't seem to show a hint of fear at all; yet it seemed like in the end the dragon was trusting him and letting him know what the situation at hand was. He was taking her gently before he was giving a nod of his head before he was telling another one of the guards to go inform the others of what was going on. Luckily he knew that Rose, Kyle, and Romeo happened to be together at the time.

Rose was speaking with Kyle who had been arguing with the old man who was insisting that they needed to go to the old castle and they two were keeping her rather entertained

"Sorry to interrupt but Prince Shayne asked that I come and inform you that Princess Circe has returned. It would seem that she had been poisoned but it has been taken care of and she is currently resting in her chambers." the guard was speaking as he walked towards the group and was bowing deeply.

Shayne was sitting in the room with Circe, who seemed to be awake again and was just talking to him. "Shh just rest for now baby sister. I've let the others know. And no... You aren't a burden. You did a good job." he spoke in a gentle voice as he stroked her hair, just a bit of compulsion to lull her into a sleep.

Back
Top Bottom