Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Making my content a broader spectrum

Bluekrimzen

Planetoid
So, I understand that a lot of my content as far as roleplaying has been mainly focused on Hypnosis and Mind Control in many forms. I fear that this is scaring people off and I’m not sure how to really reach a broader audience. I’m into way more than just hypnosis, but I’m mainly in the stage of my roleplaying career where I’m still figuring out what I’m into. What should I do with my posts other than putting more things in to attract more roleplay partners

Kind of seems like you answered your own question, no? :) If you want to focus less exclusively on hypnosis and mind control, indicate some of the other ideas you're interested in exploring.

I'd possibly make a separate thread for your more common kinks. Mind control and hypnosis are kinks that I assume aren't popular because I constantly see people wanting help to find partners when those are their main kinks. For that, you'll have to have some patience and keep bumping your thread in order to find that someone who matches with you. From my experience, a good bulk of role-players like agency and independence for their characters within a story. And those who desire mind control plots or hypnosis seem to want the opposite for their partner's character.

If you don't know what you're into, possibly look at F-list and find ideas that way. Or look at other people's threads and their lists of kinks. Like, look at a list of more common and basic kinks that you're curious about and that you'd be open to trying. Possibly try writing a few short solo stories about those more common kinks, so that people can see what it might be like writing an rp with you. I'd make a separate request thread though, just so that it doesn't seem like the two things are intertwined. For instance, you don't want someone to click on your request thread and see mind control as a part of your list of kinks and just assume that all the kinks listed have to be included.

Also, for your main thread, I'm not quite understanding what is going on with the spoiler within a spoiler within a spoiler. Especially when you don't have much in the thread to begin with. It's a strange formatting.

I'd possibly make a separate thread for your more common kinks. Mind control and hypnosis are kinks that I assume aren't popular because I constantly see people wanting help to find partners when those are their main kinks. For that, you'll have to have some patience and keep bumping your thread in order to find that someone who matches with you. From my experience, a good bulk of role-players like agency and independence for their characters within a story. And those who desire mind control plots or hypnosis seem to want the opposite for their partner's character.

If you don't know what you're into, possibly look at F-list and find ideas that way. Or look at other people's threads and their lists of kinks. Like, look at a list of more common and basic kinks that you're curious about and that you'd be open to trying. Possibly try writing a few short solo stories about those more common kinks, so that people can see what it might be like writing an rp with you. I'd make a separate request thread though, just so that it doesn't seem like the two things are intertwined. For instance, you don't want someone to click on your request thread and see mind control as a part of your list of kinks and just assume that all the kinks listed have to be included.

Also, for your main thread, I'm not quite understanding what is going on with the spoiler within a spoiler within a spoiler. Especially when you don't have much in the thread to begin with. It's a strange formatting.
I tried to make it one of those menu posts but I failed miserably and forgot to change it since I never knew how

I tried to make it one of those menu posts but I failed miserably and forgot to change it since I never knew how
Oh! Yes, I see what you mean. There is this section Blue Moon BB Code if you need some help?

• Hi there! Right now I’m in the mood for a good old fashioned hypnosis roleplay. I have some plots in mind (below). But first, here’s a bit about me.

• switch 75dom-25sub kinks/ Heavy: mind control, hypnosis, triggers, MILFs, Romance after hypnosis, paizuri. Light: mind break, slavery, prostitution, strippers. OFF LIMITS: gore, vore, futa, beasteality, scat, watersports.

Oh and if you wish to set up something please DM me and we can discuss there
  • The Neighbor: a 23 yr old male gets no sexual interaction other than mastrubation. but one day, during a psychology lecture, he learns about how the human mind reacts to certain light patterns. He uses this knowledge to build a headset that can program anyone into a hypnotized slave. His target: His cougar neighbor, who has a sexual resume known to the entire town]
    That’s an example of a plot I would be interested in. But feel free to suggest ideas.
    Im also into fandom rp’s as well including but not limited to.
  • Cartoons (scooby doo, teen titans (og) total drama etc.) Gaming (mostly anything Nintendo, overwatch, kingdom hearts, shante) Anime (naruto, OP, JoJo, Fairy tail, DB) Comics( Wonder Woman, Emma Frost, Mary Jane, Spider Gwen, Black widow.) If there’s something that you think works with the theme of mind control fandom, characters, etc. bring it up in DMs.]
    Other than that, I only rp in DMs, and I’m not on the discord.

I sort of put it together for you so you can see what it looks like. Is this what you were talking about?

If so, you can copy the code right down here in this box.

Code:
[TABS]
[SLIDE="Title 1"]Content 1 [/SLIDE]
[SLIDE="Title 2"]Content 2[/SLIDE]
[/TABS]

For me hypnosis and mind control is like rape and non con. I can't see how it is all that interesting for the victim or even the aggressor in the long run. What would the victim even write?

If you are into other things than start expressing them and see what happens.

I think things like these work well either very short term... See's a girl... hypnotizes (yes, it's rape, same as getting drugged), and snap. She remembers nothing. I think hypnotism can work well with a level of resistance from the victim(s). I suppose a victim would play an assertive or submissive wanting partner depending on what the hypnotists wants. It could be fun. I'm quite okay with it.

If you want to broaden your audience as you put it, increase the search bar and include more things you want to do. I cannot express this enough, as some things will just not be your jam. I feel like I am flexible... but sometimes... I don't want to be a monster goo girl. But I put that in my request thread at some point, and partners get confused why it's there if I don't want to do it at request.

If you love your hypnotic, mind control themes, people will eventually pop up.

My favorite type of mind control is the type that isn't always sexual, even though there's nothing wrong with it. A warrior is hypnotized by a witch and suddenly swings at his own men. Stuff like that.

Here's the catch though. If you aren't interested in playing other things than it is pointless as you will just get bored anyway and start dumping rp's. RP isn't about mass production or mass appeal etc you just need to wait to find the right partner for you.

For me hypnosis and mind control is like rape and non con. I can't see how it is all that interesting for the victim or even the aggressor in the long run. What would the victim even write?

If you are into other things than start expressing them and see what happens.
The trick here is that rape / noncon offer a dimension of thought in the character's head that has far less room to grow when that boundary is broken as well.

Not to pee on the fetish, just to say that yes, there are optics here that would harm the appeal. I'd concur that a split thread would probably help out.

I mean, to be fair, the fact that your RT is a glorified single line might have something to do with why you're not getting hits. I like mind control and hypnosis but your RT gives me nothing to work with.

Back
Top Bottom