Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Crossing Borders (LustfulSins&Mari)

Kaine waited patiently, eyes never moving from Evindal. Because of this, he noticed when he begun to shiver, although he wasn't sure what to do about it, and when his eyes opened ever so slightly. "Evindal..." He breathed, glancing around the room quickly. The fire was going and he doubted he could stoke it any hotter. He stood looking around the room and finding another thin blanket in the closest.

He went back over to the bed, wrapping his friend in it. It didn't seem like it would do much and he bit the inside of his cheek, wondering how he could warm him up. He took a breath, only thinking on his decision for a moment, before he slid into the bed next to the other prince. He wrapped his arms around him, moving him so that his head was against his chest. He was warm, almost too warm in this room, hopefully that would rub off on him. He began to hum a lullaby, his hand rubbing up and down the other's arm.

Evindal is fully unconscious again before Kaine slides into the bed with him. Within an hour, the shivering stops. After two hours, he finally wakes. Blinking his pale blue eyes open, Evindal takes stock of his surroundings. Wooden walls, wooden ceiling, a mattress rather than his bedroll on the hard ground. There's the faint sound of a fire crackling nearby. Then the hisene prince realizes there's a body pressed up against him, arms wrapped around him, and a heartbeat next to his ear.

Going rigid, muscles tense, Evindal slowly turns his head. He releases a slow breath when he realizes it's Kaine, though the elven prince's proximity and contact still makes him nervous. How did he get here? The last thing he remembers is being on his messengers horse on the way to Kaine's camp.

It took a while but Kaine began to feel a small difference in the other's temperature. He didn't move away though, staying close and sharing his warmth. Being so close, he noticed every small movement. He felt the other prince tense and he glanced down, smiling when he saw he was awake.

"Oh, thank goodness. I was worried" He said, slowly pulling his arms away now that Evindal had woken. He didn't need to cling to him anymore. "What happened? All I was told was that a hiesen messenger fell from his horse unconscious. I came to see and it was you. How...why are you delivering messages?"

Evindal sits up as soon as Kaine releases him, brushing aside the blankets. He fell from his horse? That must mean he's in Hollow Point. He sighs, looking down at the floor. Then he's asked why he is the one delivering the message and at first, he scrambles for an explanation. "My messenger is ill and-" Evindal cuts himself off, turning his head to glance at Kaine.

The hiesen prince sighs again, then lifts a hand to the knot of hair at the back of his head. From within the knot, he pulls a thin silver rod with a pointed end. Immediately, thick tresses of inky black hair cascade down his back to his waist. He sets the rod on the bedside table, next to his gauntlets. "Forget it. I can't pass this off as an illness. You're too attentive for that." Evindal pauses, running one hand through his hair to brush it back from his face. "Hiesen are, as you know, distantly akin to reptiles. Similarly, we're also susceptible to the cold. Cold kills. We can't properly produce our own body heat, relying on the sun, fires, and other heat sources. Get too cold, for too long, and death is guaranteed."

Kaine wouldn't rush Evindal for an answer, he wasn't one to push but he was worried and he wanted to help. If he could help now, it might prevent him getting sick in the future. He watched as the other's hair falls from where it was held before. It had grown a lot since he'd last seen him. He realised he hadn't seen the prince so...natural in a long time. He'd been in armour, always properly pieced together. This was the first time in their adulthood he'd seen him like this.

He folded his hands in his lap, resisting the urge to reach out and run his fingers through the other's hair. Watching him do it and made him want to try himself. His lips parted in surprise and he stared at his friend, allowing himself a few moments to understand the secret he'd been told. "Oh..." He breathed, frowning a second later. "Then why did you come out? You should have stayed in your camp! If death is possible, you should have waited. The message could wait, the war can wait, you and your men need to stay inside" He was clearly concerned, and that concern showed through scolding the other prince.

"You said it yourself, you could have died!" His hands clenched the fabric of his trousers, the idea of Evindal dying simply to bring a message too much for him.

Kaine's concern for his wellbeing goes right over Evindal's head, and he turns to look at the elf in confusion. "The message couldn't wait. Time is everything, Kaine. War does not wait for anyone, nor for weather." Evindal's confusion is clear on his face as he turns his body toward the elven prince. "My messenger's fire went out overnight. He will be alright. I rebuilt it when I went to send him with the message. And my warriors are too brutish for diplomacy."

Evindal rubs his thighs with his hands. He's still a bit chilled, but far better off than he was. Standing, he moves closer to the fireplace, holding his hands out to the flames. His pale blue eyes reflect the orange glow of the fire. "I suppose I could have. Luck be with me that I was found, then."

Kaine shook his head, looking down at his lap as he silently despaired for the other's lack of self-preservation. He didn't understand how he could care so little for himself. It seemed he would either have to teach him or be that instinct for him. No one else seemed to be taking the role. He raised his head to watch Evindal move to the fire, following him a few moments after.

He sat down in front of it, a finger drawing small circles in the fabric of the rug beneath him. "Evindal, you could have died. Luck is...please. Even if you don't care about yourself, I do. If you died, I wouldn't have been able to mourn you. The war is ridiculous, built on a lie, and you will not die for that lie. I won't let you. Just because a lie is widely believed does not make it true" He took a breath, eyes closing as he fell back to lay on the floor. "You will be the death of me. If I don't jump in front of a sword for you, I will just worry myself to death"

Evindal looks down to watch Kaone, listening to his words. All his life, Evindal had been raised as just another warrior. Sure, he had the added benefit of learning to read, write, and calculate numbers. But beyond that, he is nothing more than another warrior to his father. So it's no wonder he has no care for his own life. But listening to Kaine, Evindal starts to wonder what it's like to have someone care about his safety. Then the mention of the war being a lie is brought up again.

Evindal frowns, seating himself beside the prone elf. He pulls his right knee to his chest, left leg folding beneath it. His left palm is pressed to the rug to support himself, right hand resting on his right ankle. "I don't understand why you keep calling it a lie. My father is angry with King Killian for his trickery, wars have been started over less."

Hearing the other man sit beside him, Kaine opened his eyes. He turned his head so he could look up at him. "I call it a lie because it is a lie" He said, taking a breath as he thought of how to word his feelings. He didn't want to get angry, for Evindal to think that he was insulting his father or anything. He had a feeling there was more to this than a lie but, from what he'd been told, it seemed that Evindal was fighting because he believed his father's motives.

"There was no trickery. Everyone knows about our father's and their love for my mother. My mother chose my father. There was no trickery. I'm sorry if your father feels as if he was slighted but to fight a war because he thinks my mother was tricked..." He stopped speaking and then rolled over onto his stomach. He pushed himself up with his hands and his grey eyes looked into the other's blue ones intently. "There is no magic that can effect someone's free will. It's impossible. I don't know how to prove it to you. Should I try and seduce you away from the war with my elven trickery?"

Evindal frowns as Kaine offers his explanation. He can't make sense of it in his head. He also doesn't want to think about it. He shakes his head, then registers the other thing the elven prince has said, about seducing him. Evindal's cheeks tint red. "What? No, that's.. That's ridiculous."

Evindal is no stranger to sex. Even warriors find moments to indulge in carnal desires. It's simply not spoken of amidst others, though. It's also common for warriors to indulge in each other. Evindal has his fair share of experiences. But to hear the elf prince, his childhood friend, say such, sets him on edge. The hiesen prince looks away, still blushing faintly. A thick strand of black hair falls in front of his shoulder as his head turns.

Evindal's reaction to his words was surprising. The elves were free people. They understood sex and shared intimacy freely with those they trusted. Sometimes that intimacy took more carnal forms but, even then, it wasn't considered a big deal unless one was committed to someone and branched out. He guessed the hiesen were different, although he could understand that a war-time nation may have different ideas on intimacy.

His hand reached out, twirling the strand of dark hair that had fallen around his fingers. "Why are you embarrassed?" He asked, trying not to delight in the pink that was dusted on the other's cheek. It was the most emotion he'd seen, he wanted to bask in it. "Come now, I know you must have dabbled. What's there to be embarrassed about? Unless...I could try and seduce you away from the war. Would that work?"

Evindal's pale eyes drop to Kaine's hand twirling his hair. He doesn't pull away, but he's tense again. Flirting is another thing he's unfamiliar with. Among the hiesen, when an interest is expressed, it's straightforward. "Embarrassed? I'm not embarrassed." Evindal can't bring himself to look at Kaine. Beside them, the fire pops.

Evindal lowers his right leg from his chest, folding it opposite the other. His hands rub his thighs. "What are you saying? Sex is a private thing, not something discussed amidst others." Evindal still hasn't pulled away, but it's clear he's way out of his element.

Whilst Evindal denied being embarrassed, Kaine didn't fully believe him. He smiled, beguiling and sweet as he leant a little closer. "And where are these others? It's just the two of us here. Surely, if you can talk to anyone about sex, it would be me. We've known each other for most of our lives" He said, letting his hand fall from where it was twirling his hair to rest on his knee.

His hand moved up the other's thigh, finding his hand and intertwining their fingers. Sitting on his knees, his free hand propping him up on the rug, Kaine leant in as close as he dared; his face inches from the other's as he forced his gaze. "Why won't you look at me? I like your eyes, may I have the honour of your gaze?"

Evindal's muscles are pulled so tight, and that can be felt when Kaine's hand lands on his knee. The elf is so close, Evindal can smell him. "Th-that was ten years ago.." The hiesen prince shivers, then inhales deeply. This close, Kaine smells.. good.

Kaine takes his hand, and Evindal's fingers twitch. Evindal hesitates when Kaine asks to see his eyes. After a moment, he looks up sucking in a sharp breath and holding it when he realizes just how close Kaine's face is. His pupils contract, leaving his eyes mostly icy blue.

"And there are sixteen years before that" Kaine said with a small shrug. "It just means we have a lot to catch up on" He'd always felt comfortable around Evindal and even now he felt the same. Perhaps it was instincts, or perhaps just nostalgia, but he still wanted to be close to him.

His smile turned soft when Evindal allowed their eyes to meet. "You really do have lovely eyes..." He murmured. As if dealing with a skittish animal, Kaine very slowly brought his other hand up, cupping the other's cheek. His grey eyes flicked down to the other prince's lips, a shuddering breath leaving him. His friend had grown into a very handsome, strong man. Kaine could easily admit that he was attractive. He did like pretty things...Closing the space between them, he gently pressed his lips against Evindal's.

Kaine is attractive in his own right.most elves are but this one especially so. Evindal bristles when he realizes where his thoughts are going. But then Kaine's hand on his cheek distracts him. Suddenly, the elf is leaning closer and-

Evindal feels like he can't breathe, like he doesn't want to. Like a single breath would shatter this moment. But.. what does he do? He doesn't have an answer soon enough, but when Kaine pulls away, Evindal chases his lips without thinking.

Kaine only allowed the touch for a few moments, worried that any more may spook Evindal and cause him to run. So, when he pulled back, he was ready for anger or rejection. He hoped for something else, but given how tightly strung his friend seemed to be, he wanted to be prepared.

To his delight, Evindal moved after him. With no hesitation, Kaine captured his lips again, the hand on his cheek moving to the back of his neck.

Evindal's eyes flutter, pupils dilating before his eyes close completely. Kaine's lips are so soft, and the kiss so light, it's a strange difference to the rough nature of hiesen warriors. Then again, biting is more common than kissing. Unfortunately, rough experiences is all Evindal has to work from.

The hiesen prince's left hand rises from the floor, grabbing the front of Kaine's shirt and dragging him closer. His right hand frees itself from Kaine's hand moving instead to rest on Kaine's upper thigh. His fingers squeeze; the signal amongst hiesen warriors to show interest. Of course, Kaine wouldn't know that, and Evindal is distracted and not thinking.

The hand on the front of his shirt took him by surprise but as soon as he realised what was happening, he moved with it. He ended up in the other's lap, his knees either side of the other's thigh as he tried to get himself as close as he could.

With his hand now free, Kaine took the opportunity to tangle his fingers in the other man's hair, the way he had wanted to when he watched it earlier. His fingers scratched against his scalp, tilting his head as he deepened their kiss.

The thigh squeeze isn't returned, and in any other situation, Evindal would have taken that as a lack of interest. But Kaine moving to straddle his lap is enough of a hint. The hisen prince is acting on instinct now. His right hand moves, palm pressing to Kaine's groin and rubbing firmly. His left hand still grips the front of the elf's shirt.

Evindal makes a small sound, a mix between a purr and a growl, in the back of his throat where Kaine's nails scrape his scalp. The deepened kiss also makes the hisen prince bite Kaine's lower lip. He barely gives the elf enough time to gasps before his tongue is reaching out, licking Kaine's tongue and the roof of his mouth

A gasp left the elven prince, surprised by the other's bold movements. It had been a while since he had been intimate with someone and usually those encounters were slow, leisurely. He felt a strange sense of urgency now, an urge to take everything he could as quickly as he could. His hips bucked into the other's hand, the bite sending shivers down his back.

His left hand, the hand that hadn't found itself at home in Evindal's hair, quickly moved down to his chest. He tugged at the fabric, unfastening whatever he could reach. His tongue reached out to meet the hiesen's, a quiet whine leaving him as he tasted him. He sucked on the appendage, fighting forward to reach into Evindal's mouth and explore.

The bucking motion has Evindal's hand moving again, up, then down into the front of Kaine's pants. As high strung and nervous as the hisen prince had been, it's as though Kaine flipped a switch with that light kiss. Now, Evindal knows what he wants in this moment, and that something is the son of his father's enemy.

The buttons of Evindal's shirt give way to Kaine's pulling fingers. Though lean, Evindal is all hard muscle. But his skin is not smooth. Scars litter his torso, some flat and indispensable from the skin around them, others small raised ridges. Evindal growls when Kaine makes an attempt at control of the kiss, the sound rather animalistic. He pulls back for a fraction of a second to bite the elf's lip again, only to delve his tongue back in once more.

Evindal was quick to the mark and Kaine couldn't be happier. He seemed to go for what he wanted now and it seemed like he was over his nerves from earlier. For all his blushing when they discussed sex, he seemed bold when he got in the mood.

He pushed the fabric away as quickly as he could, fingers tracing the lines of his muscles and scars. He had scars of his own although a lot less than his current partner. He wasn't sure if he was lucky or not. The other's growl went straight to his groin, half hard against Evindal's hand. He submitted to the other's kiss, determined to take it back later. Both of his hands ran down the other's back, moving around the waistband of his trousers to tug at the fabric and reach underneath.

Evindal strokes Kaine's cock in the limited space within his pants, thumb briefly rubbing over the tip. His skin quivers beneath the elf's touch. When Kaine pushes his shirt off his shoulders, the fabric hangs behind him from his elbows. Evindal's hands are occupied, and not ready to release the elf just to remove his shirt.

When Kaine's hands go down the back of Evindal's leather trousers, the hisen prince finally releases the kiss. No doubt the elf is breathless, Evindal's breathing is certainly accelerated. However, without missing a beat, Evindal's mouth drops to the curve of Kaine's neck, where it meets his shoulder. And bites down. No teeth break the elf's skin, but the bite is firm.

Kaine wished that Evindal had more room, his hand felt wonderful even with the limited movement. The kiss was broken and Kaine fought to catch his breath, lips damp and parted as he was given barely a moment to recover before Evindal's teeth were at his neck.

A choked moan left him at the action, his back arching and his cock twitching in the other's hand as his nails dug into the hiesen's skin. He'd never really thought that biting was his thing, but he found he really enjoyed it when Evindal did that.

Back
Top Bottom