Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Ever had a partner who got mad at you because a plot didn't work?

On the flip side, I have gotten annoyed at partners who didn't follow a concept or theme. I don't propose plot-in-the-boxes, but there are definitely some archetypes and themes that are core to what we agree on. Like when they agree to a really gruff alpha in an A/O story, then their alpha is really gentle and romantic and my O ends up topping... Yeah, I'm allowed to be unhappy with them not adhering to the agreement we had that I invested in.
I get annoyed at that as well. When even after discussion they change some key detail about a character or the story. It makes me feel like they weren't being honest and derails it all for me. I use the word "annoyed" as that is all it is, I just drop the RP. I don't go nuts like some people do.

I've only gotten semi mad at someone not doing an rp like I wanted, and that's because they didn't seem to really read what I wrote in past replies. They would literally change where my character was or how I had previously established things both in OOC and in previous responses. Needless to say I dropped the rp.

Pre-arranged pairings don't always work out. This wasn't even totally pre-arranged, we didn't create characters just for a pairing. It was not a 1x1 but a Modern supernatural site, so it wasn't as if there weren't other plot possiblities with other players/characters for both of us. We just agreed to have a try if those two characters fit together and see if they become lovers. They got acquainted, they liked each other, they became friends, but I finally said that I'd like it better if they just remain friends. My character just somehow couldn't fall in love with that guy. But the roleplay buddy was offended and furious and didn't even want to roleplay the friendship any more. So that was that, unfortunately.

This experience wasn't over a plot that didn't work but the person still got upset and tried shaming me. So I figure it is related to this thread.

A lot of my ideas are erotic based but what I am more interested in is how the characters relate to each other how they deal with the situation they have found themselves in. I like exploring their emotions and thoughts etc. In some cases even though the basis is "Smut" there wouldn't be much smut at all and the erotica is more about the situation itself and the interactions of the characters.

Anyhoo, I was on a site similar to this one and I was chatting to this member who I believe would have been female and she attacked me because my ideas were all erotic, I would kind of get that on a non erotic rp site but that site had lots of erotica. I was playing under a Male persona and she attacked me for the sexual ideas and said "Is that what it is like being a man, sex all the time?"

I don't know, not a guy but very weird and uncalled for. If you don't like someone's ideas just move on, no need to get bitchy.

Sure. Only one extreme case where PARTNER was simply not putting in any effort. After I decided to call it quits - respectfully; through OOC- He sent me full caps messages begging me to not quit, that he would leave the site. Went on to make three or four status updates about how he's leaving and called me names. That being said he didn't quit and is still running around these parts hopefully with more compatible partners.

I try to limit getting upset and do bring things up in OOC that concern me. I will quit on the spot very rarely, but you have to be drilling me with one liners or something like that.

Just a friendly reminder that the details provided about said member shouldn’t be detailed enough that would result in the member being easily identifiable, which would obviously violate site rules and stir up a pot of unnecessary drama.

I don't show it but yeah. I like us to discuss the arc and don't like huge surprises. Also, I've had guys disappointed I did exactly what I promised I would, smut wise: it happens for good reason, isn't fade to black (yes, some disliked this), but then it goes and the story resumes

Yep and I believe that despite stating I wanted story line and slow burn and character development the sex didn't start within the first 3 posts and they got upset and called me and the idea idiotic or whatever.

Back
Top Bottom