Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

(Alex_Pope) Where's the Teacher? ([LunarDysis])

[LunarDysis]

Supernova
She was going to be late again.

Shit...
She thought as she ran through the parking lot and into the high school she held her bag on her shoulder. Her high heels clicking along the tiles floor and she ran up the stairs to the second story where her first class was. She had woke up late once again and she growled, she hated her alarm clock as it liked to screw with her on some mornings. Her teacher had warned her that if she was late again she would be sent to Detention for the hour. She breathed in as she reached the top floor and she quickly moved down the hall.

Kate was her name she was young at 18, in her last year of high school. She was tall at 5'8'', her hair a light strawberry blond. And her eyes were a light but piercing blue. Her skin was fairly tan and smooth. She wore a white buttoned up shirt with a back under-shirt, a pair of blue jean hip huggers and black high heels. She saw the door and reached it, her hand resting on the door knob and the bell rang. She groaned and pushed the door opened, "I know.. I'm late." She said to tell her Teacher, Mr. Lorenzo. Though she trailed off a bit, he wasn't here. "Where's the teacher?" She asked one of her friends who shrugged.

"No idea.. the door was locked. So we had to get the custodian to open it up." She said as Kate moved and sat down in her desk. She had got off easy today and she sat back with a soft sigh.

Alex was walking at a reasonably fast pace towards his class, it was his first year teaching. He was twenty-five, young for his profession but still well know for his skills in the area. He was tall, standing at 6ft 3inches, his hair was dark brown almost black and cut short. Alex had for some time trained to join the marines, but he eased up on that when he started going to college, so he was quite an attractive man, not to heavily built but not a weed either.

He opened the door and walked into the classroom, "Good morning class, I'll be taking you for the remainder of the year, my name is Alexander Pope, you may call me Mr. Pope or Alex, if you good". He smiled at them, maybe if he showed them that he wasn't some strict teacher like the others they would have, then they might behave.

She saw the door open and she glanced over to see Mr. Lorenzo but her eyes widened a bit and her head cocked to the side to see a very young and quite...attractive man. "Sub?" She asked softly though she heard him speak. A new teacher? She cocked her brow and sat up a bit as he spoke. "Um, if you don't mind my asking. But..what happened to Mr. Lorenzo?" She asked and crossed her legs softly as she looked the new teacher. Mr. Pope. She bit her lip as she set her bag down onto the ground before opening it up.

She pulled out her book for the class before setting it down onto her desk with her notebook as some kids were whispering about the new teacher.

He chuckled lightly and smiled at her, he was just being kind, "I do believe his age caught up to him, and he saw fit to retire", he set what looked like a briefcase on the desk and opened it to reveal a laptop. "Right!, So where did you guys leave off?", he looked over them with mock suspicion.

Kate cocked her brow and laughed softly as some of the kids did as well. She flipped some pages and stopped at the chapter they were on. "We stopped on chapter 21." She said and looked up to him. "We were talking about the Revolutionary war." She nodded her head and some groaned as they pulled their books out.

He jabbed the laptops on switch and began to walk slowly around the class as it loaded, "OK, first thing, for this week, we shall have no books, is that alright with all of you?". He took out a small box and some sheets of paper, he then cut the pages into little strips and gave them out, "I want you to write your name on the piece of paper and then put it in this box, we are going to do a short project, and I promise it wont be boring".

The kids sighed in relief as they put their books away and were given the strips of paper. Some of them quickly wrote their names down before getting up to put it into the box. Kate received her strip and she wrote down, 'Kate Johnson' before she stood up from her desk and moved to the box where she dropped it in. Wondering what their new teacher had in mind for them. A project he had said but with their names?

"Alright then, now we shall have each of you come up and take a piece of paper out of the box, one person will have to work either by themselves or with me", he motioned for the students to line up and take their slip of paper. "This is a pair project, you work in your pairs and make a presentation at the end of the week, the best project gets a surprise".

She sighed, hoping that her friend picked her but unfortunately she didn't. She bit her bottom lip as people continued to pull out names. Though everyone was sitting down with their pairs and she looked into the box as she saw her name and she pulled it out as it was the only one left. "I guess I'm working with you. Because I hate working alone." She said with a light smile and stood by the box though turned to move and sit at her desk.

He got to his feet in one quick movement and walked behind her to her desk, "OK then, so what do you want to do it on?", his smile was genuine this time, she was beginning to grow on him, smart and good looking, hard to come by. He rested against the desk, watching her calmly, yes he had taken a shine to her, but nothing more than a friendly thing.

She turned her desk and she sat back a bit as she looked to him and she gave a soft smile, "Well is there a certain thing that we have to do it on? Like wars or anything. What's your favorite thing in the history?" She asked with a grin and brushed her hair back.

He thought for a moment, "Personally, I find the world wars most interesting, but its up to you what we do this on", his voice was calm and controlled but his thoughts were getting a little out of control, he found it difficult to look away. He cursed under his breath and straightened up, he stretched quickly and shook his head to clear it.

"We can do the world wars." She smiled and nodded though watching him stand and shake his head and stretch, she cocked her brow a bit. She smiled some, "Are you alright?" She asked and breathed in softly as her hand touched his arm for a moment before she quickly pulled back after finding that she did that and she cleared her throat. "World Wars it is then. Should I come in after school so we can work on it as well?"

"Yeah, just drop by here after school", he was quite happy with how he dodged the other question. He walked back to his desk and sat down, "Alright then, I trust you all know what you going to be doing, and you have till tomorrow's class to tell me what it is, so y'all have a good day and I'll see you next class". He counted down from five on his fingers and the bell went. (Fast Forward?)

She nodded her head slowly as the bell rang and she got up with her friend who smiled, "You're lucky. He's cute." Jess said with a laugh and walked out of the class. The school day went on by slowly as usual but soon the bell for school to be out had rang. Kids moving around and getting their things ready before heading out to their cars and to head home. Though Kate left to her locker and got her things for her first hour. She turned and moved up the stairs and down the hall before knocking and entering the classroom and she gave a small smile to Alex.

He looked up from the papers he was grading and smiled, "Hey Kate, how was your day?", he slid the papers into a drawer and put away his pen. He opened up his laptop again and hit the power button before sliding his chair back and putting his feet up.

She smiled softly, "Well...after your class. Quite boring and slow, as usual. How was yours?" She smiled and laughed a bit as she set her bag down onto her desk and she moved over to his desk. "So are we working on the project on your lap top?" She asked and knelt down onto the ground by his desk as she was pretty level with the lap top and looked up to him a bit.

He rolled his eyes and chuckled "Rather boring, you know the life of a teacher and all that", he cast a casual glance at her and once again found it hard to look away. "We can use the laptop yes, or the textbook, I'll let you choose, otherwise it would be unfair on the other students".

She smiled and laughed a bit at his eye roll, catching herself staring at him a bit before she looked down. She too found it hard to look away from him and she cleared her throat. "We could use both?" She said with a shrug, "Get information from the book and put it on the word document on the computer. And if there isn't some information we need in the book we could use the computer." She shrugged with a nod and she looked back over to him with another soft smile, catching herself once more looking up into his eyes and she quickly looked away. Her cheeks flushing a light pink and she stood up and moved over to her desk, her back to him as she opened her bag to get her book.

He looked at her with well faked suspicion, "Your blushing?", he was thankful for this chance to cover for his own weakness. "Care to tell me why?", then just a joke he added "Do you have a crush on the teacher?".

She heard his question, only causing her cheeks to redden and she lost her breath for a moment. Her back to him as she pulled her book out. "Maybe.." She said softly, or so she thought. Having said it a little louder she turned around, her cheeks were growing a lesser pink and she swallowed. "Doesn't matter." She smiled and moved over as she opened her book and looked down, biting her bottom lip.

He froze "Kate, you need to be completely honest with me about this because, my contract forbids student teacher relationships", he sighed and slumped back into his chair, as much fun as it would be. Alex stood and walked to the other end of the classroom, he needed this job too much to risk it.

"I know," She said and looked to him, "And we are forbidden as well." She said and sat down, leaning against the wall by his desk as he moved to the other side of the room. She sighed and touched her head, "Yeah a little bit. I mean you seem nice and funny and really cute." She said and shook her head. "Just forget I said it." She nodded her head and tried to focus on her book. "It's just a stupid girly crush." She said and swallowed.

He walked slowly back towards the door, going over all the options and outcomes. He then pulled down the blind on the doors window and seeing as they were at the back of the building he ignored the main windows. "Kate? Come here for a second will you, I want to see something", his expression was serious.

She heard him and she gave a light not so audible sigh and she set her book down. She crossed her arms, pulling her jacket over her and she stood up. Moving through the desks before she eventually reached the windows and she looked out of them. "What is it?" She asked and looked out from the back of the school. Seeing the road with cars driving by, trees and a few cars parked out back.

Back
Top Bottom