Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Damsels and Dungeons Mark II (Open)

xavierrol

Old Dog, New Tricks
Supporter
Credit to @Ampere for bringing this idea to Blue Moon originally.

This will be my second attempt at this theme, I enjoyed the first but we started out as individual players and spent most of our time trying to herd them into groups. So with those lessons learned (somewhat) I present:

Mark II

For this time I would like to recruit up to 4 female adventurer types of a sort of generic D&D race and class.

I will consider 1 or 2 Male slaver minion types (goblins, orcs, etc.) but if need be I can write the male parts.

This will be D&D themed but we won't be using any dice or complex character sheets. If there is sufficient interest, I'll set up the group threads and we can get started.

dungeon_squirm_classics_by_guardian457_d27n687-fullview.jpg

The Setting
The great river Dessarin, feeds the fertile valley of the same name, which in turn fedes much of the larger kingdom to the south and west towards the more densely populated coast. Deep in the interior, the Dessarin Valley is a restive region, little to fear this far from the coast or the frontier, consequently the king's legions rarely strayed into this quiet heartland. It was not a wealthy land, what little gold flowed into the valley was reinvested into seed and tools, as was the nature of the sensible farmers, merchants, and tradesmen that homesteaded the lands and towns of the valley.

The valley had another treasure that was often overlooked by the decent and hard working residents, their daughters and wives. Not that they didn't treasure them, just that they couldn't make the cold hard transaction of flesh for coin. But there are always those who can...

In the past months the maidens and comely matrons of the valley have begun to disappear, some not returning from walks to the market, others missing from the murdered families of remote farms. It was just a few at first, a mystery that could be explained away by superstition, bad luck, or an unhappy spouse. But as the number of missing have increased, caution has turned to fear. But it is harvest time and the tough reality is that the men folk need to harvest or face starvation this winter. Petitions to the king have as yet gone unanswered, for what is the loss of a few farm girls to the problems of kings and rich cities?

What recourse do they have other than to keep a watchful eye on their young ladies? Keep them from roaming as their free young spirits desire, maybe even lock them away in small groups to try and keep this 'treasure' safe from those who would claim it for themselves? Maybe pool their meager coin in hopes of hiring some sell swords to investigate and put a stop to this scourge?

Last edited:
Well you would be the magic number three, at least magic for purposes of getting this started. I wouldn't stress too much about not having done a group before, everyone starts somewhere and I'm pretty low pressure. Just try to communicate with people, especially if you are going to be absent for a bit.

@DummieBlondie @Trussed Maiden @Mizriqa I've created an OOC Chat thread, I suggest you start by discussing what kind of character you want to play and get to know each other a bit. Our camaraderie will tend to make or break this game. I will set up an proper character sheet and Main Thread once I see we have the basic idea down. I'd like to be able to get started some time this weekend, if not before. I think the three of you are enough to proceed but we will keep this open a bit longer.

This is still open for at least one more female character, but please contact me here before jumping into the above link. I'll still accept one or two male characters to play minions.

Are you still looking for someone for a male villain role? I might be interested. I'm a new member and looking for a group RP to join; this one looks to be up my alley, and you seem to be still starting out.

@Krozam We are off to a slow start but we have started. There is room for slaver minion types. You could play a small group of goblins, orcs, or similar creatures and/or a single more powerful creature. It might be a little bit before we are ready depending on how long it takes our damsels to get out of the tavern.

What do you have in mind?

Actually, I was going to ask you the same question. 😂 I don't have any ideas I'm set on yet, so I'm pretty flexible. So what do you need?

This sounds very interesting. If you happen to still be recruiting - let me know! I would very much like to play a female character in this.

Shereena

I think we can find a place for you. Can you expand a bit on what sort of character you want to play?

We are still very early in our story and seeing who is staying and who is fading away. I should say I don't see a significant undead/demon population in the story I have laid out in my head. That seems to be a major kink of yours so I don't want you to be disappointed.

I think we can find a place for you. Can you expand a bit on what sort of character you want to play?

We are still very early in our story and seeing who is staying and who is fading away. I should say I don't see a significant undead/demon population in the story I have laid out in my head. That seems to be a major kink of yours so I don't want you to be disappointed.

I think I will survive, it does seem like monsters like orcs, etc. will be involved in the fun parts. 😈

as for my character, is there any kind of character you are looking for? I will take something that makes things as easy as possible for you if I can.

To the extent we might want a well balanced party, a caster type would likely make sense. The only spellcaster of the group hasn't been very active lately. However, being that group strength isn't a primary goal of our little adventure, you should probably play what you enjoy.

A well balanced party would only make my job harder. Unless, of course, there's no internal chemistry and the party can't work together. 😂

Is there anything I should look to adhere to as far as the style of character? Are you trying to go for a cohesive cultural feel, Or just whatever we want to play?

Back
Top Bottom