Patreon LogoYour support makes Blue Moon possible (Patreon)

Damsels and Dungeons Mark II (Open)

xavierrol

Old Dog, New Tricks
Supporter
Credit to @Ampere for bringing this idea to Blue Moon originally.

This will be my second attempt at this theme, I enjoyed the first but we started out as individual players and spent most of our time trying to herd them into groups. So with those lessons learned (somewhat) I present:

Mark II

For this time I would like to recruit up to 4 female adventurer types of a sort of generic D&D race and class.

I will consider 1 or 2 Male slaver minion types (goblins, orcs, etc.) but if need be I can write the male parts.

This will be D&D themed but we won't be using any dice or complex character sheets. If there is sufficient interest, I'll set up the group threads and we can get started.

dungeon_squirm_classics_by_guardian457_d27n687-fullview.jpg

The Setting
The great river Dessarin, feeds the fertile valley of the same name, which in turn fedes much of the larger kingdom to the south and west towards the more densely populated coast. Deep in the interior, the Dessarin Valley is a restive region, little to fear this far from the coast or the frontier, consequently the king's legions rarely strayed into this quiet heartland. It was not a wealthy land, what little gold flowed into the valley was reinvested into seed and tools, as was the nature of the sensible farmers, merchants, and tradesmen that homesteaded the lands and towns of the valley.

The valley had another treasure that was often overlooked by the decent and hard working residents, their daughters and wives. Not that they didn't treasure them, just that they couldn't make the cold hard transaction of flesh for coin. But there are always those who can...

In the past months the maidens and comely matrons of the valley have begun to disappear, some not returning from walks to the market, others missing from the murdered families of remote farms. It was just a few at first, a mystery that could be explained away by superstition, bad luck, or an unhappy spouse. But as the number of missing have increased, caution has turned to fear. But it is harvest time and the tough reality is that the men folk need to harvest or face starvation this winter. Petitions to the king have as yet gone unanswered, for what is the loss of a few farm girls to the problems of kings and rich cities?

What recourse do they have other than to keep a watchful eye on their young ladies? Keep them from roaming as their free young spirits desire, maybe even lock them away in small groups to try and keep this 'treasure' safe from those who would claim it for themselves? Maybe pool their meager coin in hopes of hiring some sell swords to investigate and put a stop to this scourge?

Last edited:
I’m interested in seeing where this goes. Don’t have a problem playing a female adventurer, but I would be happy to play one of the males minion.

Thanks for your interest @Raku and @NightHawky we are getting closer to a group.

It might help to post some rough character concept of what you have in mind for a female adventurer. Doesn't need to be thorough but at least a flavor of the type you would want to play.

It might help to post some rough character concept of what you have in mind for a female adventurer. Doesn't need to be thorough but at least a flavor of the type you would want to play.

I'll write one when we will have a full group and start the RP :)

I would be very interested in this as well, would love to play a wicked Orc, Gobling or Hobgobln. I'd be down to even trolls or ogres, but that depends on how the story goes and what you guys are seeking
Would this take place on Discord, or Forum?

Cool. I would set it up here on the forum once we have what looks like a reasonable group. For the smaller creatures, they can be fairly generic and small groups that you would control. For larger beasties, I'd suggest a profile.

If being a goblin wasn’t an option I was simply thinking of being a fighter type of a adventurer. Someone who looks out for the common people and is more heroic about rescuing the people.

Probably not much opening for a heroic style character in what I have in mind here @Raku . Still looking for a few lady adventurers that want to jump into this one. But I'm patient, they are worth the wait.

that sounds like a fun group to join if there is a place for a female human sorceress/warlock

@DummieBlondie always room for a hot, presumably blonde, female magic using type! If you want to throw out a face claim and maybe a bit about her or how you want to play her, that would be great. I've seen some interest but not much detail from anyone so far. I'm waiting for a group that seems to have a bit of chemistry before we get started, so I don't need a lot of detail but a few lines would be nice.

Well your user name sounds promising if nothing else!

Stay tuned, interest has been light so far, but sometimes things take off unexpectedly. Just needs the right spark.

I know you said you weren't looking for male heroes but if you change your mind, please let me know. This could still turn dark before the damsels are rescued, I suppose, so don't discount keeping a few heroes "on deck" if you decide to go that route.

I'd like to see at least 3 damsels for this and right now I see @DummieBlondie as a definite, and @Trussed Maiden as a maybe. Anyone previously expressing interest as a damsel, now would be a good time to chime in.

@desperado1089 I'll keep that in mind but it is not really how I see this story going. If male playing characters are interested it would be more for minions involved in the capture and torment of the damsels. I have room for 1 or 2 males playing small bands of goblins, orcs, etc or maybe a single more powerful beastly humanoid.

How is this going to be played? I'm generally interested, but i alreqdy have some RP commitments and can't post multiple times daily.

I look at this being played here on Bluemoon as a group RP thread. Basically a D&D game without the dice, I may do a bit of dice rolling to provide an element of luck and chance in your struggles but players will be shielded from any of that. I would be happy if people could post ever 24 to 48 hours to keep the story moving.

I'm pretty flexible but I will give it structure where it is needed. I welcome any other questions you or interested parties might have.

I intend for it to be fairly light though obviously some non-con, bondage, and sexual bad ends will be in store. Probably not heavy on the gore at least in my writing.

I would definitely be interested in this, though I've never really done a big group RP before, so I don't know how exactly it works. I would love to play a female warrior of some sort.

Back
Top Bottom